Hello user, SRN is now closed. Feel free to read anything you'd like, but you cannot post.
Thank you for being part of this community.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello user, SRN is now closed. Feel free to read anything you'd like, but you cannot post.
Thank you for being part of this community.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Leaves on the Wind

Go down

Leaves on the Wind Empty Leaves on the Wind

Post by MisterEightySix Mon Mar 03, 2014 6:46 am

Everyone's getting on the bandwagon, so I thought I would too. The first half of the run, in Red, has been completed... somewhat. But after it ended in an unfair wipe, I invoked the bullshit clause, on the condition that, to earn a second chance, I would have to complete an entirely new run. Hence part 2, in Silver, which is halfway completed.

---THE RULES---

1. Permadeath: Any Pokémon that faints is considered dead, and must be boxed for the remainder of the run.
1A. Tutorial Clause: The rules will not be enforced until the player has Poké Balls and can catch Pokémon.
2. There Can Be Only One: The player may only catch the first Pokémon encountered in each area. If the first Pokémon encountered faints or flees, there are no second chances.
2A. Dupe Clause: The player is only allowed to own one Pokemon within a given evolutionary line. If the first encounter of an area is a Pokemon within the evolutionary line of one which has already been caught, it will not invoke rule 2.
2B. Shiny Clause: Shinies (and legendaries) may be caught at any time, but will be stored in a special box and may not be used. They will not be featured in the comic which will accompany these runs.
3. Notepad's Law: The player may not catch Pokemon (within standard encounter zones) if the party is full.
4. No Helping!: Use of the Day Care and trades with in-game NPCs are banned.

The final, unofficial rule is the Bullshit Clause: If I feel something happened that was unfair, but more importantly, makes the story lose quality, I will be given a chance to undo it, but usually at a heavy cost, and only once per run.
-Red: Will undo a wipe, at the cost of having to defeat Red at Mt. Silver.
-Silver: Will revive one deceased party member, at a cost that has yet to be defined.

---ONE LAST NOTE---

Two of my Pokemon were acquired under circumstances which may or may not count as cheating. Shortly after first beginning my run, I forgot to save and had to begin from scratch. While trying to catch a Caterpie in order to continue roughly from where I had left off, I encountered a Pikachu and decided to catch it instead. (Caterpies are extremely rare in Red, and I have, to date, not found any besides that original miraculous encounter.) I also save-scummed to catch an Abra, because Oddishes are FUCKING USELESS.

My logs are all written down on paper, so I'll have to transfer them. But I'll be back soon with an update. Cheers!
MisterEightySix
MisterEightySix
Standard Member
Standard Member

http://stardustcelestial.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down