Hello user, SRN is now closed. Feel free to read anything you'd like, but you cannot post.
Thank you for being part of this community.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello user, SRN is now closed. Feel free to read anything you'd like, but you cannot post.
Thank you for being part of this community.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mercenary Work

3 posters

Go down

Mercenary Work Empty Mercenary Work

Post by C.S.O. Fri Feb 15, 2019 2:57 am

Simple rp idea to toss out here for consideration. Been thinking of doing a series of rps, not directly related to one another but perhaps just sharing a similar theme.

Figured I'd start off simple, since my last complex idea was a bit much for me to get going. Rolling Eyes 

The premise on this one is that heavy snowfalls have isolated some villages and small convoys are being assembled in larger settlements, that will serve as hubs, to make trips out with supplies for and to render any assistance to the people there.

C.S.O.
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Mercenary Work Empty Re: Mercenary Work

Post by Wolf478 Sat Feb 16, 2019 8:10 am

Ok, sounds like a pretty good RP idea.
But, I'd have to ask, what's the goal? What's the motivation for the characters, what's the foreseeable end?

And also, just as a little side question, why would mercenaries be hired to do it? That sort of thing usually gets handled by Government, if anyone.
Wolf478
Wolf478
Staff
Staff

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbJFpfGfur74HDRCDFl7bqg

Back to top Go down

Post by C.S.O. Sat Feb 16, 2019 2:37 pm

There isn't really a fixed goal. It's just characters offering their services to help others in need. They'd be going out and making potentially two or three runs out to isolated locations. They wouldn't be the only group doing so, so that number could vary.

As for mercenaries being involved, governments generally handle those situations, but they also have a tendency to not deal with them promptly either. Some people with authority at a local level may decide to take charge, and they may need additional help to do so.

C.S.O.
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolf478 Mon Feb 18, 2019 1:09 am

Ok, I was just wondering about character motivation, but if the end goal is simply to help out the local population with supply runs then I can get where it's coming from. 

And I mean, usually the government will either handle it quickly, unless there's another incident they need to deal with. Plus, in the event that people are still stuck, third party organisations will usually join in, international and stuff like that, but rarely Mercenaries.

Regardless, I have a character or two who might fit the bill for the job.
Wolf478
Wolf478
Staff
Staff

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbJFpfGfur74HDRCDFl7bqg

Back to top Go down

Post by Shrike Marine Tue Feb 19, 2019 9:25 pm

Yea I can see Shrike helping out with supply runs
Shrike Marine
Shrike Marine
Hero