Hello user, SRN is now closed. Feel free to read anything you'd like, but you cannot post.
Thank you for being part of this community.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello user, SRN is now closed. Feel free to read anything you'd like, but you cannot post.
Thank you for being part of this community.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Crouching Tiger, Hidden Souls

3 posters

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Crouching Tiger, Hidden Souls - Page 2 Empty Re: Crouching Tiger, Hidden Souls

Post by charredh Wed Feb 20, 2019 12:07 am

The youth nodded, "then...I think we shouldgo, I doubt anyone else is coming..." He waved a reluctant waitress over for the bill and quickly paid for his meal with a card and left the teahouse with the wolf, finally relieving the staff of the teahouse of their worry.

The port is very close to the teahouse, as soon as other people saw a pair of mobians wielding two kinds of weapons they respectfully(?) gave them a wide berth and allowed the both to get to the ticket booth easily.

charredh
Basic Member
Basic Member

Back to top Go down

Post by C.S.O. Wed Feb 20, 2019 12:14 am

Once Sandy had finished paying for his meal, the wolf follows him out of the tea house and falls into step half a step behind him as they begin walking towards the port.

He pays little attention to the reactions of the people around them as they make their way through town. He doesn't try striking up any conversation with Sandy either, seemingly content to let the silence linger between them.

C.S.O.
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolf478 Wed Feb 20, 2019 2:07 am

(I'll just leave a post here, since you guys left the teahouse)

The echidna listened quietly as the two of them talked about the effectivity of the charms, which by the sounds of it, wouldn't last very long. 

He then realised that the pair of them had left, once the discussion had stopped and the other patrons were once again engaging in casual conversation. Now the staff had gone back to a more relaxed state, and one of them approached him, apologising for the disturbance.

"No, no, please. My apologies."

He said, standing up, his orange quills swaying as he did so. His appetite had been ruined, but his interest had been piqued, which was enough to keep him fuelled for now. A good opportunity for some quick income was always a welcome occurrence. 

He Slipped the waitress 50 yuan, attempting a friendly smile, emotion was not his forte. 

The echidna apologised to the staff on his way out, trying to get out quickly as possible, he needed to follow the Wolf and Squirrel. And he found that they'd made their way to the docks, he attempted to lay low, but his formal wear made him stand out like a sore thumb, not to mention his bulky build and the bright orange tone of his quills.
Wolf478
Wolf478
Staff
Staff

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbJFpfGfur74HDRCDFl7bqg

Back to top Go down

Post by charredh Wed Feb 20, 2019 6:45 am

Sandy didn't seem to mind the silence either, with his ears folded back until they were at the ticket booth. The squirrel got into a brief argument in a mix of chinese and english with the ticketer ("sorry mister, got tiger") until he pulled up the email on his phone.

After the podgy human within the booth realise the two mobians were here to deal with the problem on the island, his attitude took a 360 degrees change and quickly helped them find a ferry willing to get them to the island. Sandy sighed in relief and turned to the wolf while the ticketer made some calls, "that was embarrassing.... By the way, what did you sat your name was? I don't think I ever caught it."

charredh
Basic Member
Basic Member

Back to top Go down

Post by C.S.O. Wed Feb 20, 2019 11:30 pm

The wolf observes the exchange between Sandy and the ticket booth employee for a little while, but once the conversation shifted into a back and forth in multiple languages, it became harder for the wolf to follow the discussion. He turns away from the pair and walks a short distance away from them, turning his attention to the island they would be heading for shortly. Well... assuming that Sandy was able to work out the transportation issues for them.

Once the discussion comes to a halt and Sandy speak to the wolf, he glances back over his shoulder towards Sandy, then turns his body to face him properly.

"You didn't cause I never told you." the wolf replies, "You can just call me Wolf."

C.S.O.
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolf478 Thu Feb 21, 2019 12:28 am

(Imma just post, I'm assuming we're going in order now?)

The echidna began turning to some of the side vendors, keeping a close eye on Sandy, and who he thought he overhead referring to himself as Wolf. He doubted the wolf's actual name was Wolf, considering that having the same name as your species would be ironic. But while it wasn't entirely impossible, for now he'd have to be careful around the pair of them.

He ended up bartering a pair of baggy slacks for his silk tangzhuang, realising that it probably wasn't going to help with staying out of sight if he was wearing such fine garments.

Then, slipping a good amount of cash to the same stall owner, he quickly changed into the new getup, removing the top, and replacing his pants with the slacks. The echidna'd paid the vendor to allow him a little privacy by going behind some of his stock, but even then, there wasn't much in terms of hiding places.
Wolf478
Wolf478
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by charredh Thu Feb 21, 2019 3:50 am

Sandy was about to respond when the ticketer finished his phone call and hollered to the both of them in chinese. He listened briefly and turned back to the wolf. "He said that it isn't too worth it to get a passenger ferry just for the two of us, so he found another person who would just take us there by speedboat."

The man beckoned for the two mobians to follow him the docks, where another scrawny old human stood in his battered boat that could have seen better days. It didn't look like it could hold anything more than three people...

Sandy gave both men a wad of cash each and chambered down into the boat, looking up at the wolf expectantly.

charredh
Basic Member
Basic Member

Back to top Go down

Post by C.S.O. Thu Feb 21, 2019 11:17 pm

Upon being told that they were going to be taken by speedboat to the island, Wolf just shrugs slightly in response. Then after following Sandy and the ticket booth employee to and then along the docks to a beaten up boat, Wolf sighs softly.

He watches Sandy pay the employee and the boat owner, board the boat and then turn to look back at him. Wolf snorts softly then climbs down into the boat and moves to take a seat without a word.

C.S.O.
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolf478 Fri Feb 22, 2019 12:48 am

The Wolf and the squirrel were now moving into a small speedboat, the initial plan would not be as effective, he'd planned forward in the event of them boarding a ferry, this time he might need to take some different measures.

Stepped out from behind the vendor's stall, dressed in nothing but baggy shorts, at least he looked slightly less conspicuous, probably able to pass off as a farmer or fisherman. But he now needed to think quickly of a plan to ensure he was able to follow the two of them. 

He quickly made his way to the ticket booth employee, deciding that his last option was going to have to be brash. Keeping out of sight was no longer top priority, but he wanted to try and be as quick about it as possible.

" Wǒ zài féng shì shēnshang diūle diàogān hé yúwǎng."

(I lost my fishing rods and fishing Nets on Feng-Shi)

He showed the rather large person at the booth the small amount of money he had left, and pointed to the speedboat, frantically pointing from the boat to the sea.

(idk, I tried)

Last edited by Wolf478 on Fri Feb 22, 2019 1:02 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : OOC comment)
Wolf478
Wolf478
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by charredh Fri Feb 22, 2019 1:08 am

"I left my fishing rod and fishnets on a mad corpse!"

A sentence that probably sounded just mildly alarming to the ticketer, who'd seen just about enough for one day. He raised one questioning eyebrow at the echidna for all but two seconds then stepped out of his booth to yell at the speedboat that had not left yet. Sandy's ears flatten down against his head at the shouting.

The old man on the speedboat turned to look over his two smaller mobian passengers and shrugged, beckoning the echidna over. "Baby old, but can take one more!" He laughed and slapped the hull of his boat.

Without waiting for Wolf to say anything (if he ever does) Sandy translated for him, "the echidna left his fishing rod and fishnets on a mad corpse on the island and said he want to get them back...? Wait, 岛上怎么还有疯尸?!?"

The old man merely shrugged again and twirled a finger at the side of his head as the universal sign of "he cray".

charredh
Basic Member
Basic Member

Back to top Go down

Post by C.S.O. Fri Feb 22, 2019 1:14 am

Wolf looks back at Sandy as he translates for him. He then looks over at the echidna and then to the other man on the boat.

"Whatever." Wolf replies, "You're the one who's paying for our ride. If you want to let him tag along, it's your call."

C.S.O.
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolf478 Fri Feb 22, 2019 1:32 am

(Ah shit, I forgot that's what Feng Shi meant. I was originally going to say Crazy Island, but decided to go with Feng Shi... Whoops)

The Echidna cringed slightly, realising that he'd butchered the language. But as long as they didn't think he was after the same thing they were, he could make it work out. He heard the squirrel translate to the wolf, and what he'd said was certainly much worse than he'd thought.

If a slightly crazy individual was the persona he'd have to adopt to keep up the act, then that's what he'd have to go with. He nodded quickly bowing with a look of frightened gratitude to the man at the booth, then making his way over to the speedboat.
Wolf478
Wolf478
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by charredh Wed Feb 27, 2019 9:41 am

The old man gave the echidna a near toothleas grin, then turned back to the front. A loud bang that was hopefully the engine starting was heard, then the boat started trudging off at a speed not befitting it's name at all. Slow, in other words.

But other than that, the ride was peacefully uneventful. Sandy stole a furtive glance at the echidna a couple of times, but that was it.

When the boat finally reached it's destination a little less than an hour later, the boatman suddenly grabbed the echidna's arm before he could leave while Sandy hopped off with no issues.

"You go find rod," he said and pointed at his boat, "and I wait here, okay?"

charredh
Basic Member
Basic Member

Back to top Go down

Post by C.S.O. Wed Feb 27, 2019 9:48 pm

Wolf watches as the echidna makes his way over and enters the boat. Once everyone was seated, the old man started the boat and they were off. Slowly. Wolf sighs softly. He figures that he could probably swim to the island faster than this. At least he wouldn't be tired due to an excessive workout this way. That was something positive at least.

Paying little attention to the other passengers in the boat, Wolf leans back and closes his eyes. He figures that someone would alert him when they arrived or if something went wrong.

Almost an hour later, Wolf opens his eyes again. He glances around, notes that everyone was still there and that they were close to their destination now. It was only a short wait from there for the boat to come to a stop near the island, allowing everyone to disembark. Wolf followed after Sandy, making his way onto dry land and briefly noting that the driver stopped the echidna to speak to him first.

Stepping onto the island, Wolf shudders slightly. This was a dark place. Not in the literal sense of course. But there was something about it that a person could just feel.

C.S.O.
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolf478 Fri Mar 01, 2019 12:51 am

He felt uncomfortable with the new situation, at first his attempt was to unseen, but after running out of options, he made himself known. And absolutely blew any idea of being stealthy about it. After his slip-up, he spent the boat-trip earning uncomfortable looks from the Squirrel and the Wolf.

Although the driver didn't seem to mind him all that much, but once they reached land, it became clear that he expected the echidna to return shortly. Another problem he'd have to overcome if he was to follow after Sandy and Wolf to the location.

The Island itself had an uncomfortable Aura, but the echidna dismissed it as the general ambience, just a trick of the mind. 

"Xièxiè."

He nodded and thanked the Boat driver, stepping out of the small motor boat, and beginning to walk quickly along the shore, hoping to at least keep up the charade of having lost fishing equipment, but also hoping that he'd be able to get out of sight and then track back to the two others.

It all depended on how keen an eye the Boat-driver and the Squirrel and Wolf had. It could go catastrophically wrong in a heartbeat, and with the island not being known to him, it could be rather risky, but it was one of the only options he had at the moment. And if everything went down hill too quickly, he could try and return back to the boat and give up, saying that he could not find the equipment.
Wolf478
Wolf478
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by charredh Sun Mar 03, 2019 12:04 pm

Sandy glances back at the echidna's rapidly shrinking back. He'll be alright, won't he? He's just picking up his lost fishing equipment from a.... Corpse, apparently. Could be an animal's carcass. He's trying to be optimistic.

Sandy turn back to the wooden bridge that leads deeper into the eerie forest. A cabin sits a short distance away from the both of them, most likely empty. He'd only came here one other time as a toddler with his mother but yet.... It feels different. Heavier.

"The local workers here told me just in case something like this happened they secretly bought protection wards and stuck them all over the trails. If we want to find the spirit we'll have to travel off it... Oh, I forgot to ask, do you know how to refill a gun?"

((wolf, giving you free reign here. Let kane encounter the tiger or get possessed by anotjer thing entirely, its up to you o/))

charredh
Basic Member
Basic Member

Back to top Go down

Post by C.S.O. Sun Mar 03, 2019 4:10 pm

Wolf glances towards Sandy and sees him glancing back towards the echidna. Wolf follows his gaze over towards the departing stranger, staring at him for several moments. He sighs softly and looks back to Sandy, who was now looking towards the path leading further into the island forest. Before Wolf is able to get a word in, Sandy offers an explanation about some of the island's defenses against spirits.

"Hmmm... Well, it's good to know that there are some sort of protected areas here. I sort of expected us to have to go into the forest though. I don't think that there is any way around it." Wolf replies.

He then glances at the rifle Sandy carried, he then shakes his head.

"No. I don't have much experience with weapons used at range... unless it was something I would throw." he adds as response to Sandy's question, "I think you're better off using it. I'm better at stuff up close."

Wolf then meets Sandy's gaze.

"But before we head off... maybe we should help out the stranger that came along." he says, "If he doesn't know anything about this island, he could be in a lot of danger. He might not even have any protection like your charms. We should see if he needs one at least."

He then looks back in the direction the echidna had gone off in.

C.S.O.
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolf478 Mon Mar 04, 2019 1:34 am

((Uhhh, I guess he should probs encounter something entirely different I think))

He continued walking along the shore, following the natural curve of the coast until he was at least far enough away to start walking towards the cover of trees. The echidna felt confident enough that he'd be able to do so without being seen, but he didn't know exactly what the others had up their sleeves.

As soon as he drew near to the forest, he could feel a wash of cold run over his body, perhaps it was a trick of the mind, while he didn't believe the island to be haunted in any way, he'd be happy to take the prize and leave as quickly as possible

"Damn."

He realised that getting back to the mainland with the Tiger, but without Sandy and the Wolf could be more difficult than he'd thought. In fact, he hadn't thought about that at all. The echidna stopped, just within the cover of the trees, was this really a good idea? Speak of Possession was nothing new to him, but even if it was a hoax, how would he be able to get back?
Wolf478
Wolf478
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by charredh Mon Mar 04, 2019 6:40 am

Sandy's long ears flick up. "Oh, right! He didn't look like a native, maybe we should give him something to protect himself too--" Sandy spins back to the directiom the echidna went in, but the mobian is.... Gone. Somewhere in the distance the speedboat is blazing off towards Nan-wen cheng at a speed neither mobians got to experience previously, the boatman clearly abandoning them.

"...Shoot. That man's got enough common sense, at least." Sandy sighs to the wolf and makes his way in the direction of the echidna.

charredh
Basic Member
Basic Member

Back to top Go down

Post by C.S.O. Tue Mar 05, 2019 1:03 am

Wolf turns to follow Sandy's gaze and sees the boat that had brought them over returning to the mainland. Not exactly a sign of confidence in this situation. He looks back at Sandy as he starts walking, then begins following after.

"So... I guess that means we're going to have to find our own way back or we'll have to figure out how to contact someone to pick us up then." Wolf says, "Depending on when we get this done anyway."

C.S.O.
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolf478 Tue Mar 05, 2019 1:34 am

Standing between the sand and the trees, his orange quills flicked around as he turned at the sound of the speedboat ripping back through the water to Nan-wen, not only would returning be difficult without the squirrel and wolf, but now it seemed that any actual hope of him returning otherwise was lost. 

He'd left all forms of communication back in the small hostel he'd been staying at, yet another mistake on his part. Now all he had was the baggy shorts and his wits.

"I shouldn't have come here."

The echidna blinked away his disappointment in his own decision to come to the island, his greed had gotten the better of him. But soon enough he noticed Sandy and Wolf making their way towards him.

"Bugger."

He didn't know whether to go over to them, or whether he should make a break for the trees. If he did decide to flee into the forest, he'd likely find himself lost quickly, and he'd lose sight of them, not knowing of whether they'd still be going to look for the Tiger now that their ride was gone.

In the end, the best choice would likely be to meet up with them, and see if his facade is still effective enough to last at least long enough to get off the island. 

The echidna began making his way towards the squirrel and wolf, unsure of where he could go from his current standing.
Wolf478
Wolf478
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by charredh Wed Mar 06, 2019 3:45 pm

Sandy, like the echidna, has left his earplugs back in the inn as this task requires him to be on full alert. So instead of potentially busting his own eardrums by yelling out for the Echidna or attracting some less than living creatures, the squirrel decides to keep walking on and following the footprints left on the beach until he sees his target's back.

Seeing the echidna twirl around to face them, Sandy waves him over and speaks up in his whispery voice once the much taller mobian is near enough. 

"Have you found your things yet? My....partner here thought it'll be better if you carried one of these with you while you go find your rod-" he takes out a charm from his tail and folds it into a tiny triangle- "it'll keep you safe, just put it in a pocket or something." 

he looks back in the direction of the speedboat. "Oh. And about that, I think the conservatory to the East of here have a few functional motorboats left around after they evacuated the staff and animals, so maybe you could follow the trail until you reach it. It's the safest way for now."

Poor Sandy, too naive to notice that something might be wrong.

charredh
Basic Member
Basic Member

Back to top Go down

Post by C.S.O. Thu Mar 07, 2019 1:01 am

Wolf watches the echidna as he walks over, frowning slightly as he does so. He stays quiet as Sandy questions him and then offers him a protection charm.

"The charm is temporary and apparently it'll burst into flame when it runs out." he adds, just so the echidna was aware.

After that, he falls quiet so that Sandy can carry on his explanation.

C.S.O.
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolf478 Thu Mar 07, 2019 1:46 am

The squirrel walked over to him, speaking rather quietly, the reason why wasn't entirely clear to him, after all, the island wasn't tiny, and the likelyhood that the Tiger was nearby was very slim. Perhaps there was another reason though, something that the echidna couldn't determine.

"No, haven't found rod yet."

He accepts the small charm, and indeed puts it into his pocket, but then when the wolf mentions the fact that it could combust. He promptly decided that he'd dump the thing as soon as possible, not wanting to risk whatever truth there was behind it. And besides, it's not that he believed it'd do anything worth keeping.

The echidna didn't believe in the supernatural, and therefore quite foolishly didn't believe the charm to have any merit.

Sandy then mentions the conservatory, which caused his interest to pique, at least there would be a way off the island, and he wouldn't have to worry about the other two in the event that he still wanted to catch this prize.

"Thank you, will go."

He looked in the direction of the conservatory, giving the squirrel a thumbs up before nodding to the two of them and continuing to follow the coastline.
Wolf478
Wolf478
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by charredh Thu Mar 07, 2019 2:48 pm

Sandy tilts his head as the echidna walks off, wondering. "I wonder if he'll be alright... The tiger won't be able to approach the wood trail, but it probably can breech the charm..."

He turns to the wolf, "should we follow him?"

charredh
Basic Member
Basic Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next