Hello user, SRN is now closed. Feel free to read anything you'd like, but you cannot post.
Thank you for being part of this community.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello user, SRN is now closed. Feel free to read anything you'd like, but you cannot post.
Thank you for being part of this community.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Situation lock down

+3
TheBardPrincess
MikeMurdock
Shrike Marine
7 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Situation lock down - Page 2 Empty Re: Situation lock down

Post by TheBardPrincess Wed Mar 06, 2019 10:33 pm

Jack stood over the body, looking at the blood having dirtied up his claws. "Ew...", he groaned, shaking off his blades like his hand was just covered in soda and not the blood of a once living person.

After hearing about the head communicator, he went through a small process soon to keep the communicator intact and put it in a safety compartment so that when he needed it he could grab it, but so they also wouldn't hear him if he ever spoke with it on him.

After a bit, Jack looked around, looking for a place to hide the body. Eventually, the man was just dropped in a dumpster and Jack was ready to continue with the group, stabding at the back of the group now.

The electrical shriek was awful, causing his sensitive ears pain as he winced, watching the boxes get flung around. He sighed softly once it finished.

After they reached the next part of the facility with the three replicant soldiers, he pulled the communicator out and listened in.

He shook his head, put it back, and sighed as he backed off, "May be... is there another way around, possibly...? Anyone got a way we can distract them without getting caught?" He thought about the communicator - was there a way he could trick them into thinking someone broke in further into the building? Did anyone else have a plan?
TheBardPrincess
TheBardPrincess
Staff
Staff

http://pyrode.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolf478 Sun Mar 10, 2019 11:30 am

Despite his previous disappointment, the Fox watched silently as the wolf's claws sunk deep into the Replicants flesh. They tore through with ease, shredding through the soldier's armour and neck. He listened to the sickening thud as the man dropped to the cold floor, and the faint gurgling that would be the soldiers last breaths.

The fox was familiar with death, but it made him sick to see it every time. This would be yet another dream he'd have to battle in the next few months. After all, he was still only just beginning to get over his first call-out by GUN and that happened about a year ago.

He kept pressed against the wall, hoping he could remain as unnoticed as possible, whatever course of action he was going to take in rescuing Shrike, it was going to need to be his own, unless the group could come together real fast.

Darken watched quietly as the Wolf disposed of the... corpse... in a dumpster. True they needed to get rid of the body, but it would be a nightmare for whoever finds it later.

A static signal blasted up through the small GUN communicator mounted on the neck of his uniform, along with from the comm that Lysander was speaking to them with. Through his own personal comm however, he could swear to have heard a voice.

But the group pressed on, eventually making their way into a small warehouse, in the which there were hundreds of boxes stacked neatly on the rows of shelves. Boxes of what exactly piqued the foxes curiosity, but he found out soon enough as several of them were flung off of the shelves, spilling their contents as they hit the ground.

"Some crates began to launch themselves off of the shelves in here, but nothing besides that. The threat is over for now, but I've seen this kind of stuff before, there's reason to believe that there's more coming."

He hoped that this had nothing to do with his missing teammate, who had run off recently without a trace or any sort of note. Whenever she did that, it wasn't good news.

Apparently, the commander was on site also, which was both good and bad news. It meant that there would inevitably be a lot more of the soldiers than they'd previously thought, but it also meant that neutralising the threat permanently could happen a lot quicker than anticipated. 

Unfortunately though, the fox was cut short in his thoughts as the hybrid warned them of several more soldiers making their way towards their current location, perhaps alerted by the commotion inside.

Darken dropped his hand quickly to one of the pouches present on the front of his combat uniform, it instinctively grasped a small cylindrical object within the pouch and pulled it out.

An Electromagnetic pulse grenade. While it was the only one he had, and it would damage their own gear, it would also prevent the three soldiers from messaging their commander, hopefully. The grenade was simply as a backup plan, in case nobody else could come up with something better.

"Anyone got any ideas?"

He made sure to keep the cylinder hidden, concealed in the palm of his hand.
Wolf478
Wolf478
Staff
Staff

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbJFpfGfur74HDRCDFl7bqg

Back to top Go down

Post by Valtiel Sat Apr 06, 2019 10:11 am

"Shit," Valtiel responded as she stopped in her tracks, finally taking notice of the scene before her. She watched as the replicant soldier fell to his knees, grasping into his dear life before perishing. The sight provoked a bit of a sadistic snicker from Valtiel. "Seems like we may have some allies on scene, Sectus." Valtiel remarked.

"I wouldn't be too sure, ma'am." Sectus replied as he undeployed his weapon systems, standing up straight. The robot scanned the facility as several heat signatures entered, unable to quite get a read on friend or foe. "I'd proceed with caution, ma'am."

Valtiel sighed, there was that dreaded word again. Caution. She hated caution almost as much as she hated hostage situations. Though, she knew who she was fighting for was important, which drove her anyways. "Fine, we'll proceed with caution, Sectus. Follow me."

Valtiel began to lead the large robot ahead towards the entrance of the facility, a deep sense of dread taking over as she approached, one that filled her senses with paranoia. Suddenly it felt like the world around her was a part of her as instinct took over.

Valtiel entered the facility first, and Sectus followed. They both paused a moment, scanning the area, silently mapping out their routes. It was a warehouse by the looks of it. Valtiel grew all too familiar with warehouses as of late.

Valtiel pressed on, Sectus following behind. The sound of his heavy peds most likely alerting the others to their arrival. "We are approaching several heat signatures, Ma'am." Sectus warned, freezing in place. "Proceed ahead. I will trail behind, ma'am."

Valtiel looked over her shoulder at Sectus, exchanging a nod. Taking another deep breath Valtiel continued through the warehouse, cautiously observing her surroundings. As she began to approach the end of the warehouse her sensitive ears began to pick up a few voices. One familiar one at that. She peeked her head out from behind a few boxes, spotting Darken reaching for some sort of device. She at least recognized Darken as a friend of Shrike's, which was all she needed to know. "Pssst, Darken." Valtiel called out as she hastily snuck her way over to the group. "Dunno what's goin' on but I'm 'ere ta help. Got Sectus with me too, layin' low somewhere in 'ere."
Valtiel
Valtiel
Standard Member
Standard Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Shrike Marine Sun Apr 07, 2019 2:45 pm

-What ever they had to do they needed to do it fast the trio of soldiers were approaching the load dock zone and by the looks of it they were well armed, the alley way they were approaching from presented a few options, they can either hide and wait for them to move further into the building then head into the alley way, confront the soldiers head on and take them out before they could call in for help.

The three approaching looked identical to the one they just had taken out, same height, same voice, same style of moving, same gear same weapons, it was a little odd but time to look at the finer details was definitely not a option as of now, every moment wasted meant a moment closer to the hostages fate being sealed.

Time was running out for them, to make matters worse the radio device they nabbed off the dead soldier was providing information between the soldiers and high command, seems like the situation was not going to so well for them.

"Echo 0 check in.......Echo 0 what is your status.......Echo 0 why are you not responding......All elements be advised that Echo 0 is not responding."

"Command this is Echo 7 shall we investigate ?"

"Negative..I'll dispatch a search team..remain where you are."

"Echo 1, 4 and 9 check last know location of Echo 0 and figure out why there has been no response."

-Suddenly one of the soldiers approaching the load dock spoke out confirming the order, seems like the squad before them was now tasked with figure out why one of their soldiers had stopped responding, completely oblivious to the fact that Echo 0 was now dead, they had better of hid the body really well, if the team did find Echo 0's remains the whole situation could crumble.

The trio of soldiers continued to move towards the docking zone weapons drawn and armed. The group now could wait them to go past, take them out or use the back alley route to avoid any confrontation..if they let them pass there was a chance they would find the body...it was a choice they ha to make quickly. Lysander quickly came over their radios with atleast some good news.-

"Guys listen up I got some good news, the back alley way is completely clear there is no guards..I heard them speaking of the missing soldier..I hope you hid that body well because if they find him you going to be up to your neck in shit...it's your call but I would use the alley way if I was you." 
Shrike Marine
Shrike Marine
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by MikeMurdock Sun Apr 14, 2019 8:10 pm

She hears the radio go off about the alleyway the Koala would take a look through her scope to double check if the alley is clear before moving towards it and motioning the rest to follow. She will keep silent as she stops in the lane to wait for the others to catch up, but taking time to look through the scope and the naked eye to make sure that no unwanted guests are waiting for them at the end of the alley.

It feels strange to her of working with this ragtag group of people. She did work with others before from other walks of life; although she was better at working with them, these folks are different. One was a soldier that could take the orders, but the other was more 'independent.' She hopes that they can make it through this mess.
MikeMurdock
MikeMurdock

http://www.spritewars.com/index.php?act=idx

Back to top Go down

Post by TheBardPrincess Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:04 pm

Jack felt quite foolish - leaving a blood trail in the form of "echoes" going silent was probably the worst decision he could have made. 
Still, he remained quiet, and after Lysandre informed them of a clear path, Jack decided it best not to kill any more soldiers unless necessary, now following the koala into the alley. 

He looked back as they moved on, concerns of them finding the body peaking. He motioned the others to follow before they were seen. 
Maybe using the electrical grenade would have been a good option? Clearly, Jack was unhinged, blood thirsty. Maybe he wasn't the best option for the job... but he felt the need to clean up the mess he had made. If they were killed, then they couldn't find Echo 0's body...
But then the commander would know something was up. 0 disappears, then these three? It'd just be...
A trail of bodies. A massacre on the entire group of soldiers. After enough went silent, so would the hostages. 
He refused to indulge himself, and just waited in frustration and regret for them to find the body he dumped.
TheBardPrincess
TheBardPrincess
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolf478 Mon May 13, 2019 7:30 am

((Really sorry for my late post, Didn't meant to hold us all up for so long.))

He fiddled the cylindrical device in his hand, allowing a cold sweat to break out across his forehead. Even in the smallest of situations like this, he could turn into a nervous wreck, luckily though, his heart hadn't begun pounding in his ears, so there wasn't any serious risk just yet.

It was tempting to simply toss the device and run, in an attempt to avoid having his gear fried by the resulting EMP, but before he could even try to activate the grenade, he heard a voice behind him. It made him jump, and he would have screamed if his top priority wasn't to remain silent.

The grey fox turned around, at first seeing nothing in the darkness of the warehouse, but by the grace of the dingy light filtering in through the window, he was able to catch sight of a figure peeking around a row of shelves. Not just a figure, it was Val.

"Oh thank god, it's you. Val, just lay low for now, we're kinda in a tight spot right now. It's good to have you with us."

He turned back to the location of the soldiers, getting ready to lob the EMP grenade, but he stopped once again when they began talking.

Sure enough, the soldiers had noticed the silence from their teammate's communicator, and where proceeding to investigate, and a dumpster didn't exactly strike Darken as an inconspicuous location, so it was more than likely that they'd check it at some point. It was all a matter of When, instead of If.

Lysander also made a radio call to the group, letting them know that a back alley way was available to avoid the soldiers, but even if they managed to escape, when the soldiers found Echo 0, the whole compound would be 6 feet higher than them anyway. The vast amount of Replicants in the area would surely be larger than simply 4 every so often, there had to be large pockets of them, which would definitely spread out in search of the group once word got out they were there.

He followed up behind the Koala, unsure of where to go to next, and pocketing the grenade back into the pouch he had brought it from. He motioned for Val to follow, and looked around for anywhere Sectus could've been hiding, as she had mentioned.
He looked to the Koala.

"Hey, uh, even if we manage to escape these three, the whole compound is probably filled with these guys, and the likelihood of dodging all of them is slim if they find Echo 0 in the dumpster."

It then struck him that he wasn't fully acquainted with the Koala, at least she had never said her name.

"Oh, uh... I don't think I ever caught your name by the way, Officer...?"
Wolf478
Wolf478
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Valtiel Sun May 19, 2019 8:35 am

Val was ready for a fight, if not itching for one. If shit were to hit the fan, she'd be prepared to spring into action. Though, this would perhaps be one of the only times where it'd be more ideal for her to avoid a fight. Somehow this sneaking around business has her adrenaline pumping like never before. She could feel an anxious knot form in her belly as her ears catch sound of things potentially going south.

Despite her nervous disposition towards the scenario at hand, she did manage to crack a soft smile at Darken as he greets her, and again when she can see the rest of the crew, which she assumed were a rescue party for Shrike. It seemed a lot of folks cared about the ol' Merc. That, at least, put her a bit at ease.

For the time being, Val did as suggested and laid low, taking the opportunity to gather her nerves and collect her racing thoughts. She managed to get a hold of her anxiety by the time she was beckoned to follow behind the familiar face.

The armor clad Val trailed behind Darken, stepping very carefully as not to make much noise. She stopped behind him and listened as he spoke to the other of the immanent risk they were facing.

"Aye, wait a moment. Maybe I can be a distraction, yeah? Y'all can get outta 'ere and continue with the mission. I can take the fall for killin' their guy, maybe they'll think I'm 'ere by meself. Any luck, maybe they'll take me prisoner and bring me to the rest 'o the hostages. Y'all could use Sectus ta track me. He 'as a beacon lock on me armor."
Valtiel
Valtiel
Standard Member
Standard Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Shrike Marine Sun May 19, 2019 12:20 pm

-While the group had more or less continued to talk among themself's the trio of soldiers had already entered the the building, they were so close infact they could hear the rattle of there gear as they walked. 

They were heavy armed and armored while they could use the element of surprise it might not be enough to remain undetected, one was easy enough but three would be pushing it.

However the soldiers didn't seem to notice any of them perhaps they were hidden with in the poorly lit confines of the stock holding warehouse, the trio continued ahead passing by the large truck inside the warehouse and continuing to walk right past them undetected, to say the group was lucky was a understatement, they had to move now. They had this one chance to do it before more forces moved into the are or possibly the search team discovering the remains of their fallen comrade.

If the team continued down the alley way they would find that the street it lead into was empty no troopers in sight to the left or the right, across the road was a large parking garage with a tall large office block up ahead, the lights were still on so there was a sure bet it was active.

Situation lock down - Page 2 IMXwXQt

Lysander was continuing to gain access to more and more of the local security cameras around the area, recently gaining accesses to the office, and parking garage systems. What he saw put a cold shiver down his spine..information that he needed to get to the team.- 

"Listen up guys...I'v got some intel you need to know according to Camera 7 some where in this office block is where Shrike is being held, I can see it on the screen now he seems strapped to a chair with a device around his mid section...2 Replicant tactical series are guarding him...Camera 1 in the underground garage section confirms additional Replicant soldiers, these guys seem to be have Night vision hooked up to them so getting past them may be harder, there is at least a squad in the garage with a unknown amount inside the office block. Proceed carefully."

-As the ground would enter the dark and poorly light underground parking section they could see a patrolling force inside it, they looked identical to the soldiers they passed but these guys had night vision googles attached to them...getting past these guys...this was going to be hard. Tho they would hear one of them speak..giving away intel.-

https://instaud.io/3Hez

-Now it was up to them, they could sneak past the force or take them out before they could call for back up, being with in a confined underground garage the sound would be heavily muffled.-
Shrike Marine
Shrike Marine
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by MikeMurdock Sun May 19, 2019 11:31 pm

Nyinda would keep out of sight as she peeks to the troopers on the streets, however even if she can snipe them the group behind her would stir up problems making her wish she was rolling with her old team. For now, keeping on stand by would have to suffice until the situation calls to go loud, so she can finally use her rifle instead of lugging the thing around, like an expensive sack of potatoes.

Once again, she would motion the team to look for an alternative escape from the troopers to move closer to the target.
MikeMurdock
MikeMurdock

http://www.spritewars.com/index.php?act=idx

Back to top Go down

Post by TheBardPrincess Tue May 21, 2019 7:28 pm

The current concerns of staying silent even as things fell apart was worrying seemingly everyone. Even the new member, Val, was considering giving themself up if Echo 0 was caught. Jack turned to Val and gave a low, "That... shouldn't be necessary."
No one on this team would get caught or risk getting killed for his mistake. Even if they survive and are just taken as prisoner, that's just another person to save later. 

After the group moved to the streets where the coast seemed clear, Lysandre contacted them to tell them he saw Shrike, who certainly wasn't in the best condition, and that the soldiers in the next area had night vision goggles. 
Hm...

Jack grabbed one of the EMP Grenades, looked to the others, and asked "Shall we try and make our lives easier? Anyone opposed to me throwing this? It should knock out their night vision - they won't be able to see us as easily and we can sneak by." The boy in the black armor held the grenade carefully in the sharp blades of his metallic suit, ready to put it away if anyone else had an idea.

Last edited by ThePromiseIncarnate on Tue May 21, 2019 7:31 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Formatting)
TheBardPrincess
TheBardPrincess
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolf478 Fri Jun 21, 2019 12:04 pm

The foxes eyes shifted quickly from Val to Jack, not even able to reply to her extremely dangerous suggestion.

"Holy Shit"

He said, looking with a frightened and slightly annoyed expression. He had taken the Grenade right out of the foxes hand, considering it was the only one he had, and the side effects of the grenade would be far worse and devastating than wiping out the soldiers gear, it would also fry all of their gear too.

"Do you have any idea what would happen if you used one of those? It certainly wouldn't make our lives easier, it would make this whole situation much worse. It's not just going to fry their gear, but also ours. And then we have a suspicious situation calling for an investigation from the main force, hundreds of these soldiers crawling around looking for us and no communication or gear to help us."

The fox had, admittedly, lost himself for a moment, and was grateful for the pressing need to remain quiet, otherwise he would have been shouting, and that never leads to good results, specifically violent ones.

He collected himself once more, dusted off his arms, despite there being any dust to brush off, and looked back to the alleyway.

"I do have an idea."

He stepped away from the garage, by the sounds of things, it was filled with Night-vision troopers, and while an EMP grenade would solve that problem, the amount of other problems it would cause would be devastating.

"I say we climb. Climb up, someone checks to see if the first floor is clear, and then, if it's clear, everyone gives each other a boost and we start from there, avoiding as many troopers as possible, or, if need be, assassinating any others."

Everything had his head spinning like a top, he'd either need a break from this, or he would break, and then things would go into shambles.
At least... That might not end well for him, but if he could pull it off... the group would be able to make a clean getaway...
Wolf478
Wolf478
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2