Hello user, SRN is now closed. Feel free to read anything you'd like, but you cannot post.
Thank you for being part of this community.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello user, SRN is now closed. Feel free to read anything you'd like, but you cannot post.
Thank you for being part of this community.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tundra Trials

+3
Shrike Marine
TheBardPrincess
DeltaGear
7 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Tundra Trials  Empty Tundra Trials

Post by DeltaGear Wed Dec 19, 2018 1:07 am

The dragon shroud...

And ancient piece of armor that's said to contain the power of the primal dragon's, Lost in history as nothing more than a myth as little to no proof of it's existence has been found anywhere. But some still believe it's existence and the power it has, adventurers traveling the world trying to find it but never finding leads or clues.

-----------------------

Althanlos reached the small village at the base of a large mountain, one of the largest and most dangerous to climb due to the ever constant unnatural blizzard that never dissipated at it's peak. Ash dusted the frost off his body as he flipped his visor down to hide his glow orange eyes and reasserted his satchel and prepared to go up the mountain.

First he would need climbing gear and other tools in order to begin his climb...
DeltaGear
DeltaGear
Master Member
Master Member

Back to top Go down

Tundra Trials  Empty Re: Tundra Trials

Post by TheBardPrincess Wed Dec 19, 2018 3:19 am

Overhead the bottom of the mountain, a red anthropomorphic avian was flying, a trail of flames sparking off his tail feathers as he flew...
The cold air hit his body hard, his body heat slowly capping itself before decreasing even slower. Pyro, for as dumb as he seemed, knew this would happen. He'd have to land soon, the challenge began. The flames slowly died out, and after a bit, he slowly began landing, feet below him as he flapped every so often to slow his descent...

He'd recently heard rumors of a pretty intriguing artifact at the top of the mountain, and after hearing about it, he began having odd dreams - like memories, he's heard of it before, but he wasn't sure when...
These dreams and his honest curiosity pulled him toward it. He wanted to try out its power, may be sell it for a high price or something. It could be fun to use, and from the cold alone it'd be quite a challenge.

"Holy fuck it's cold. I hope to God this thing is worth it...", the young-minded phoenix groaned within hearing distance of the knight, which he saw close by.
How he didn't see them upon landing, he was unsure. "Oh...? Whose this guy?", he mumbled to himself...
TheBardPrincess
TheBardPrincess
Staff
Staff

http://pyrode.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Shrike Marine Wed Dec 19, 2018 9:14 am

-Some one who was not a great fan of the heat was more then ready to tackle this task of locating the so called mystical item, its properties were....unusual to say the least, perhaps once the item was claim he could return it to Lysander's base to be further studied and looking into.

Thankfully his armor provided....decent thermal insulation, which was a hell of a lot better then nothing at all, the sheer cold tho began to play a bit of havoc with the helmets Heads up display..thermal imaging was virtually useless in this environment and he had to constantly wipe away the front forming on the front.

Footstep by footstep the figure trudged through the snow, feeling the cold as gusts of air hit him time and time again, he didn't really want to freeze to death out here, what a way for the infamous figure to go. 

Thankfully it was not long till catching sight of a village, more blown away by the fact that beings actually lived here, let alone traveled in this part of the world, a welcome respite from the cold world. 

As the figure entered into the town and headed more or less in the general direction of the mountain he could spy something flying above, sparks and fire emanating off it, it seem to dim slower and slower until it finally touched down.

The armored figure pressed on to see what it was, until coming into visual contact with. probably the last being he would expect in a cold climate, it was Pyro.-

"I don't believe...Pyro! Is that you! What the hell are you doing out this far !? For a guy who is based off fire this must feel like utter hell for you ? I guess you also heard the stories of what lays around here...guess I ain't the only one any more." 
Shrike Marine
Shrike Marine
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by The Red Blur Wed Dec 19, 2018 1:40 pm

Relatively high in the sky above the village, another bird was flying, her wings moving gracefully as she shot through the air. Her outfit didn't seem correct for the weather, with nothing more than a pair of combat boots and fingerless climbing gloves adorning her feathers, which were as white as the snow cascading around her. A satchel was also hung around her back, containing all the necessities for climbing and adventuring. She was seemingly unfazed by the biting cold winds, and freezing snow buffeting her as she began to descend.

"This place is perfect," she said to herself, a small cloud of white smoke coming from her beak as she spoke. "There's so much water in the air! This should be pretty easy, then! Just a bit of a climb, and grab that armour. Will probably be done in a couple days at most!" 

Finally, the avian got close to the ground, and stopped beating her wings, bringing her body to a vertical position to allow herself to land on her feet. She sighed contentedly, reaching into her back and pulling out a blue scarf, throwing it around her neck and pulling it a little tighter. 

"Right, best get started! Maybe we should pick up a few more supplies, just in case..." She stretched her arms, reaching to the feathers on her head, pulled into a ponytail, just making sure it was tight enough.

She saw two people talking amidst the small village, a bird and what appeared to be a human... Wait, she'd seen pictures of the human before, back at Caen's. What was his name... Pike? Bike? No, that couldn't be right. Either way, name not known, she walked towards them, interrupting their conversation by saying "heya! You're a friend of Caen's, right? Any idea how a gal picks up a few supplies around here?"
The Red Blur
The Red Blur
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Ninathelioness Wed Dec 19, 2018 5:10 pm

Some short distance away, a mobian covered head to toe in pink snow gear trudged through the deep layer of snow at their feet. The only part of them not covered was a strip of dyed pink hair that was somewhat pinned to their head by their hood.

Their aura and posture seemed relaxed in spite of the way the weather threatened to swallow whatever unprepared soul dare set foot. 

The dragon shroud... Just what was this mysterious thing so many myths and legends talk about? Frankly, they were quite curious.

Their long tail, covered with various protective layers, swayed gently as they approached a small group gathering around - maybe they'd let them join. If they were climbing the mountain, too, that is.

Once they were close enough, they waved in greeting and moved their protective goggles and mask away from their face to make talking easier. They then adjusted the large, very full backpack and sword strapped to their back before speaking.

"Hello, there! My name is Claw! I'm guessing by the gear that you're heading up the mountain too? You wouldn't mind me joining up, would you? Safety in numbers, and all that."

She spoke with a light feminine tone. Her face was brown with a lighter brown muzzle, the messy fur at the ends suggested she was a fox mobian. Several small scars littered around her lips, and another small scar stretched across one of her cheeks - there was a look in her bright blue eyes that stored stories one wouldn't wish to share.
Ninathelioness
Ninathelioness

Back to top Go down

Post by SinMaze Wed Dec 19, 2018 5:55 pm

"Well, this feels like home", the red lynx said as she stretched.

Mayhem had just hoped off the truck of a generous man that had invited her aboard while she was hitchhiking. The old man was doing deliveries in the regions, so she was right on his path. During the ride, she had the opportunity to talk with her driver about what she was looking for: An ancient piece of armour said to hold mystical powers. He indulged her in her fantasy and said it was just a legend, explaining that it was call the Dragon Shroud that hold the power of the primal dragon. In the lynx' mind, she could picture how well this artifact could be dangerous in the wrong hands. She had to find it first and destroy it!

Arriving in town, she thanked the generous man before heading out in the streets. The ambiance here was picturesque with all these little shacks covered in snow. The temperature was cold, but she was used to it as she was born in a village just like this. She wouldn't need extra cover lucky for her and what was needed for this journey she already had it in her small backpack holding only on her left shoulder. Being a freelancer/ treasure hunter sure came handy in those situations. She had an advantage over other people that didn't required climbing gears, so she could head immediately to her destination.

Trekking toward the path leading to the base of the mountain, the red lynx could hear a group of people chatting together near a shop. Probably some adventurers heading in the same direction as her. Were they also looking for this artifact? Maybe it would be wiser to tag along with them, she could find the shroud faster...but that also meant there would be some disagreement. If everyone were in it for the prize, there would definitely be some sparks. As much safer it would be, she refrained herself from accosting the group of people and kept walking toward the mountain path to begin her journey.

SinMaze
SinMaze

Back to top Go down

Post by DeltaGear Wed Dec 19, 2018 7:09 pm

Althanlos loooked over at the large group that was forming, all apparently going up the mountain. 

"Here's hoping that they aren't trying to get the shroud," he thought as he bought a few ropes and spikes along with a pair of ice picks. While he did have his fire powers on hand he knew that usage of those abilities could be dangerous with causing avalanches or melting areas and making things unstable, something he didn't want to cause at all or run the risk of trapping himself or causing a natural disaster.

After finally getting everything he needed he began his treck towards the mountains base where a car lift would carry one up to a small flat area where one could start the climb. He reached docking station and waited in line as a car was getting prepared to leave, waiting for at least a few others before leaving.

As he waited he thought about what he'd find up there. The dragon shroud was an object he had only seen once in his life, used by a another knight that had been ejected from the order all those years ago. It had been under the protection of the order ever since his former knights defeat and locked away, being lost when his kingdom fell and all the relics scattered over time. However considering the unnatural cold and blizzard he wondered that if it was up there... who or what was guarding it?
DeltaGear
DeltaGear
Master Member
Master Member

Back to top Go down

Post by TheBardPrincess Wed Dec 19, 2018 9:21 pm

And suddenly, he was crowded. How come everyone was looking for it at the same time?!
It happened in order-
"O- oh, Shrike- uh... Yeah, been having weird dreams, heard some of the rumors, you know, and-
Oh, uh, Shrike, do you know her-
Oh...
", constantly interrupting himself as another person came toward them. Before long, he realized the guy in armor was gone... he did get a closer look, they did look familiar, but uh...
Normally, Pyro was pretty extroverted, but his plumage didn't help keep him warm and he couldn't really fly with sleeves, so jackets were out of the question.
Gladly, he noticed they all saw a town nearby, and after the immediate overload of so many people surrounding him, he got his bearings, and chuckled.
The first girl was a bird - he thought he saw someone else flying, but he didn't pay them much mind until now. They just... had a 'cold' feeling about them, which he wasn't really a fan of. The fox themself had their own strange feelings - such a kind, sing-songy voice, but the scars, the weaponry...
He turned away from them from now, looking to Shrike, "Yeah, it's cold up here. Actually, it's kinda... weakening me... haha... But I take it as a challenge!" The phoenix, shaking, balls up the end of his right wing with one of his feathers pointing straight up, a cocky smile across his beak, "If I can best this weather, I can beat anything! Besides... The moment I heard about the dang thing, I began having nightmares about it. Felt like I needed to get my feathers on it... Could be worth a lot of cash if anything, you know?"
After that, he turned to the others, "Ok, so the foxgirl's name is 'Claw', I'm Aidan Winchester - though I prefer the name Pyro. So, whose the other bird here?"
TheBardPrincess
TheBardPrincess
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Shrike Marine Wed Dec 19, 2018 9:56 pm

-Shrike was not a fan of the cold, tho he had his fair share of being in snowy conditions he never enjoyed it one bit, mostly because it was bloody cold and the constant cleaning of his visor to see where the hell it was walking. 

The two were about to talk to each other however before Shrike could get a word in Pyro when suddenly suddenly another showed up, a fox followed rapidly but the sudden introduction of a character the armored figure had never encountered before, she was a avian, where or how were so many beings suddenly converging on this location, perhaps the rumor spread far and wide things like that happened often. 

Shrike shook his head at Pyro's question of whether he knew these two ladies, Shrike had seen neither of them before, strangely Shrike was usually seen with weapon in hand almost always now it was over on his back, seems like his guard was lightning these days, not so panicky about new comers like he used to be.

"Yea well no heroics like that last time we nearly got our ass handed to us by that metal nightmare, not to mention you nearly burned the entire place to ash...out here let's just avoid trying to freeze to death."

-Just then a ladies voice was heard it was the avian speaking to him directly, Shrike turned to face her she approached him as if she...knew him ? She mentioned that he was a friend of Caen, a little confused Shrike did nod to her before speaking inthe usual radio like tone.-

"Yes ? I know of Caen we good buddies, I'm not exactly sure where to get supplies for this expedition, as you see I come prepared already, I believe some where in the town there has to be something that deals with mountaineering equipment....well If are alley of Caen that puts you in my good books already...Perhaps I can be of some help to locating some ?"

-Before he could follow up on it he turned to face the fox, be rude if he didn't introduce himself to her.- 

"Hello there, nice to meet ya...yea it seems we all here for the same reason, what ever is up there...well it sure is something that holds immense power, I hate the cold but it gives me a chance to do something a little out side of my normal day to day activities...."

-Shrike kept his intentions to himself, but his main goal was to locate the artifact and either extract for study via Lysander or destroy it if concluded too dangerous for it to all into hostile hands. Before he forgot Shrike shifted back to the avian-

"Guess we can go have a look see for supplies ?" 
Shrike Marine
Shrike Marine
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by The Red Blur Thu Dec 20, 2018 1:38 am

"Oh, thank God I didn't mistake you for another guy... In lots of armour... Well, I'm Winter! Surprised we haven't met, yet!" The avian replies, looking over at the small marketplace "Well, I came pretty prepared. I do climb stuff for a living, so not bringing climbing equipment to a mountain is a bit... Y'know..." She put her hands behind her head, grinning widely "but you all think this place is cold? Nah, Holoska in the middle of winter is cold, just about! Still love that place!"

She looked over at the newcomer, called 'Claw', keeping the same grin about her "hiya! Name's Winter, and of course I'm heading up there! Dragon armour? C'mon, that'd be the discovery of the century... Though probably best to keep something like that away from museums, 'cause... Yeah... Something like that falling into the wrong hands is not okay." She scratched the back of her head, laughing.

Finally, Winter cocked her head at Claw. "You're a fox, right? Wouldn't your fur keep you warm enough? You look sweltering in that getup!"
The Red Blur
The Red Blur
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Ninathelioness Fri Dec 21, 2018 7:02 pm

Claw was silent for the most part as the phoenix, icy avian, and armored human had their brief conversation regarding the weather, finding a brief distraction in analyzing her surroundings.

At the question, Claw focused her attention to the icy bird, "Well, yeah, I'm a fox, but it's much more frigid than I'm used to here; my family isn't exactly made for conditions like this." She replied, looking sort of bashful toward the end of her sentence.

"And no, I'm not too hot if that's what you're worried about." She added after a moment, her tail swayed gently up and down as if not realizing the brutality of the weather around her
Ninathelioness
Ninathelioness

Back to top Go down

Post by SinMaze Tue Dec 25, 2018 9:19 am

Mayhem was waiting in line for the cable car with a handful of people. This place looked like a great spot for some mountain hiking and nature strolls. Too bad she wouldn’t be able to enjoy the town’s touristic scenery. She had set herself a goal and for the greater good, she would be the first one to reach it.  When the car arrived, the line started to fill it slowly. The red lynx went in a corner to avoid getting squeezed in a group of tourists. She watched outside the windows, taking in the beautiful snowy background. Maybe she would be able to spend a little bit of time here when her task was done, it would be a nice vacation. Plus she heard the hot springs here were amazing. She felt like spoiling herself like a princess….No ! Focus Mayhem ! Work before Break ! 

While shaking a bit her head to come out of her fantasies, she noticed a peculiar character enter the car. This was surely out of the ordinaey, especially in a place like this where such a getup wouldn’t be practical. Standing now across from her was a person dressed in a medieval armor. She would have to guess they were mobian looking at the helmet’s cut and knight’s height. There was no way in hell that this person was here just to enjoy the view. Mayhem was ready to put her hand in the fire in betting they were here for the legend. Although the situation looked like a race to the treasure, the road to the goal would surely be hard. Uniting seemed like a good idea.

“This sure is an out of the ordinary equipment to fight the cold”, she told him, trying to get his attention without beeing too loud. As the door closed, Mayhem got a little closer : “You’re going for it…aren’t you”, affirming more than asking in a low voice. 

Checking around her to see that no one was paying attention to them, she continued in a low voice, talking casualy as if both of them were friends in order to not raise suspicions. 

“Just to be clear”, she continued as their ride started going up. “I have no intention of keeping it.”

She turned her head toward the knight, a small smile appearing on her face. “I just want to make sure it doesn’t end up in the wrong hands”, she told them, holding out her hand. “Wanna team up ?”
SinMaze
SinMaze

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolf478 Tue Dec 25, 2018 2:57 pm

The Ascent up the rugged terrain was rough, and this was only the frozen foothills leading up to the village, the mountain climb was still to come, and it would only get worse.

Dark-Orange Quills stuck out in a dull contrast to the brilliant white snow that layered the ground in an ankle-deep cover, and Forcing him to raise his legs up in order to walk at a faster pace. Despite his attempts to keep his feet out of the snow, a small amount of it managed to make its way into his boots, and it always did. Sand, snow, water, mud, it would always find itself inside his shoes.

And while the temperature of the air was bitingly cold, the Echidna wore very little to protect himself from the climate. A thin Jumpsuit and Ski Goggles were the only thing that he wore, the Goggles only there to hide his identity. 

There was talk of something in this area, something Ancient, Something Powerful. Some sort of Armour, although any Sources he was able to find were very vague and even when more... Urgent.. Forms of questioning were taken into account he wasn't able to gather much information. The Only thing he learned was that it was around the village next to this mountain, and it would likely fetch a High Price to the right buyer.

The relic would likely be at the top of the mountain, in a sort of manor or locked away in a shrine. Or... Someone could have taken it long ago and this whole expedition could be for nought. But there was always hope, and the rewards outweighed the risk tenfold.

But as he approached the town, it became evident that he had been too late, there was already what appeared to be a rag-tag team of adventurers gathering together in the centre of the town. They would no doubt be going after the Relic, and if so they were competition, but he could in fact use this to his advantage.

Leaving the Ski-goggles fastened to his face, the Large Burned-Orange Echidna approached the group slowly. 

"Hello."

He tried his hardest to make it seem friendly, but was not used to that sort of interaction.

"I don't suppose you're going for a hike up this mountain are you?"

While he already knew that was their intention, as a bit of eavesdropping as he approached was enough to confirm. But He needed to fit into the group if he was to join them, and the best way to do so was to 'discover' a common interest.
Wolf478
Wolf478
Staff
Staff

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbJFpfGfur74HDRCDFl7bqg

Back to top Go down

Post by DeltaGear Wed Dec 26, 2018 7:29 pm

Althanlos looked up at Mayhem, his orange eyes would've showing puzzlement if he hadn't had his visor down. He had been hoping to avoid anyone else attempting to make the climb himself and not have to deal with the possibility of less than worthy people getting their hands on it. To him if it was up there it should stay up there and not be disturbed, especially if his suspicions were correct.

"Team up? I'm sorry but no... I'd rather the cursed thing stay were it is, and I advise you to leave now because I cannot guarantee your safety if you follow me up there."

For once in a long time Althanlos was serious and not usual happy and social self, something clearly bothering him as he fidget with the large sword he was carrying.
DeltaGear
DeltaGear
Master Member
Master Member

Back to top Go down

Post by TheBardPrincess Thu Dec 27, 2018 3:09 am

After the small conversation with each of them introducing themselves, Pyro was about ready to move on. He didn't care if anyone followed after him, heck he was okay with going on this adventure with Shrike, but everything about the other avian felt cold to him - even her name, and the fox still felt off. Then, a new figure appeared. 
Pyro was as annoyed as he was tired, but tried not to make it too obvious as he turned to look at the new guy. "You know, you'd think this artifact had already been found and taken if it was really this popular." he began as he crossed his wings, still having a feeling that it wasn't taken - he didn't know how, he just knew it was still there, "So, who are you? I'm Pyro, the armored guy is Shrike, smowbird over here is Winter, and the fox is Claw. I'm sure we kinda wanna get movin', we can talk on the way.
He chuckled a little. Hopefully the others wouldn't mind him giving their names, he just wanted things to move on. He was growing impatient from this cold.
TheBardPrincess
TheBardPrincess
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Shrike Marine Thu Dec 27, 2018 9:24 am

-Well it seemed all predictable now that beings were showing up left and right, guess this was no longer a covert op, but perhaps this was the best in case of Shrikes mind, he had no experiencing climbing mountains at all, in fact he hated heights, channeling back to when Lysander made him test out a prototype jet pack an that put him at uncomfortable levels in the sky.

Shrike was feeling much the same as Pyro at this point, things needed to move, the sooner they could reach the artifact the sooner they can decide what to do with it, course Shrike knew exactly what he would do with it, however it all really hindered on if he could get to it first.

Glancing up at the mountain before him, it didn't seem to be a sheer face cliff, he could note paths leading up towards the top, typical hike fashion, just time and effort, I guess now he wish he kept the jump pack so he could scale this mountain in good timing. 

Shrike stop his day dreaming to turn back to the formation of beings around him.-

"The chances are it may of already been found, but if not we gotta move to get there first, we can talk on the way but I am already spotting several routes and a few people already heading up, any one of the could be after it...lets get moving."

-Shrike wanted to introduce himself to the new guy but he simply could not longer afford to delay time any more, Shrike set off from the main group, any one willing to follow him was more then welcome but he was on a mission. 

Easiest way was via the cable system to reach a certain plain, from there on out it would be boots on the ground until the final destination, Shrike headed in that direction to where the line of beings were waiting to get in, course he used a rather underhanded tactic to cut his way through the line, claiming it was local law enforcement of G.U.N, desperate times calls for desperate measures I suppose.

Shrike was able to secure a car, but held off for a period of time to see if any one else would hop in before the ascent to the top could begin.-

"One way ticket to the top! Calling all crazy people who wanna get to the top..last chance to board." 
Shrike Marine
Shrike Marine
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by The Red Blur Sun Jan 06, 2019 7:44 pm

As they all chatted, a newcomer had just come into the village, and Winter’s hazel eyes followed him as he came closer to the group, asking whether or not the group would be heading up the mountain. 

Before Winter could open her mouth, the phoenix had begun speaking, referring to Winter as ‘snowbird’, to which she replied with a laugh. “Snowbird? Can’t say I’ve heard that one, before! I kinda like it!” 

Shrike was less cheerful, however, suggesting that the armour had already been found, yet still wanted to go up the mountain to check, anyway. “But we’d know about it. If it was a good guy, they’d tell everyone. Everyone wants their fifteen minutes of fame, after all. If it was a bad guy, though, well... it’s obvious what they’d do.” 

She rolled her shoulders as she headed towards the cable car, and sighed “I’d fly but, I’d kinda feel bad leaving you all behind. Let’s hope there’s enough room for one more bird in the car, huh?” She said to nobody in particular.
The Red Blur
The Red Blur
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Ninathelioness Sun Jan 13, 2019 8:12 pm

Claw didn't really mind that much when she was introduced to another newcomer on this quickly growing mountain-climbing group. She took a few minutes to study the mountain ahead until Shrike's call brought her back to reality.

"Uh, I'm coming!" she called out, bringing her mask and goggles back over her face before sprinting over to the car and promptly taking a seat, placing her backpack in a protective hold on her lap. For the moment she ran, she almost seemed to glow with a very faint energy, aiding her in running faster than she could on her own.

Just what secrets did she hide?
Ninathelioness
Ninathelioness

Back to top Go down

Post by SinMaze Mon Jan 14, 2019 5:23 pm

What was with all these people trying to play it cool and angsty. That guy may have been wearing a suit of armour, Mayhem sure didn't need a knight to protect her. 
The lynx arced a brow, her face showing that she was clearly not impressed with the "danger" attitude the other wanted to give. Shrugging and staring his dead in what she thought were his eyes she replied back to him: 

"Dude...do you seriously think I would climb up there if I wasn't able to take care of myself ?"

She laughed it off a bit, continuing:

"I was going up even if you weren't there so you can drop the though dark act", she jabbed him in the shoulder a bit (rough) playfully like she would with a friend. "But since we have a similar goal, I think four fists are better than two since we don't really what we're up against...or do you ?"

Yeah, she had assumed the guy was searching for some unknown treasure, but their first comment on the thing made her wonder if they knew more than they let on. Either way, even if the guy didn't want her there, it was a free country so she had all the rights to go where ever she wanted. They may not like it, but they would have a cheerful pal all the way to the goal.
SinMaze
SinMaze

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolf478 Sun Jan 27, 2019 5:41 am

It seemed that most of the group had at least a few different views of what course of action the group should take, While they all seemed rather content on departing quickly, he could sense some sort of tension between the group. While he could be mistaken, that wasn't something that happened very often.

But then the phoenix of the group turned to him, talking about the artefact and introducing everyone present. Out of the group, it was only this phoenix, Pyro, that had really acknowledged him. That was good, as little attention as possible was key to success.

The Echidna followed the group over to what appeared to be a cable-car, a perfectly inconspicuous method of transportation. The armoured figure that Pyro had named Shrike seemed a little too official for his taste, his armour resembled some of the older editions of GUN armour, and his talk was very similar to some of the soldiers he'd run into in his life.

His face was still relatively well hidden when they arrived at the Cable-car, the Ski-goggles doing well to prevent anyone who might've been looking for him from identifying him.

Deciding to keep a low profile with the group, and to stay out of the spotlight, he turned to the phoenix.

"Name's... Stan... Stan Wilkins. I'm just a mountain Hiker, travel agency said this place would be a good climb so I thought why not? Heard you say something about an artefact?"

The facade was going to be quite strenuous, and he would be hard-pressed to keep it up through the entire trip. He knew that the Cable-car wouldn't travel the entire distance up the mountain, and the likelihood that the trip would be a quite one was minimal. Although he would try to remain as unnoticed as possible.
Wolf478
Wolf478
Staff
Staff

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbJFpfGfur74HDRCDFl7bqg

Back to top Go down

Post by DeltaGear Sun Jan 27, 2019 2:46 pm

Althanlos let out a sigh, flipping his visor up as looked at her.

"I-I'm sorry it's just... well... i honestly don't expect you to understand and honestly most people don't. I'll put it plain: that thing was worn by someone in legend. He was ruthless, heartless, he betrayed a whole order of knights to get power he thought he deserved. He was taken down but at a cost,"

He looked towards the mountain, his orange glowing eyes staring intensely at the raging ice storm at the top,

"In the stories he was only ever beaten by being sealed with another weapon, a spear of ice that claimed one of the knights in order to seal away the evil."

Althanlos looked up longingly for a minute, shaking his head Before looking to his companion holding out his hand,

"The names Althanlos Karvine, but you can call me Althanlos or just Ash. And a team up would be fine, just... i think whatever is up there should stay put, i fear confirming its existence to the world would be disastrous."
DeltaGear
DeltaGear
Master Member
Master Member

Back to top Go down

Post by TheBardPrincess Sun Jan 27, 2019 8:58 pm

Pyro followed close behind Shrike, feeling a smirk crawl across his beak as he heard Winter. A few more ideas came to mind. 
Maybe next time he'll call her "snowball". That sure did bring interesting images. 
As Shrike called out to everyone, Pyro jumped in, sitting down on the cushioned seats in the box. 
"Uh... yeah, Stan. An artifact. And if you don't already know about it, then I don't know what to say.", Pyro shrugged, before looking to Winter. 
"I don't know if there's room for more birds, but I bet we could squeeze you in, Snowball~", Pyro had to hold back a laugh. That was probably worth a slap, but Pyro felt he couldn't help it. She isn't even close to being a 'snowball', it was just the first "funny" thing to come to mind after she found being called a snowbird amusing.
TheBardPrincess
TheBardPrincess
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Shrike Marine Sun Jan 27, 2019 9:22 pm

-Quick thinking paid off it seemed, the rag tag group pilled in just as he was hoping no one official actually came asking if he literally was allowed to simply cut the line like that, one of his gambles that.....actually worked for a change. 

With the last of the followers secured in Shrike shut the door, next stop is where every this thing would take them he guessed, sure soon enough they were on their way up high. 

Shrike looked back at the two birds they seemed to be almost having a go at one another,maybe they just having fun or who knows, one way or another they were gonna reach that place then they could see if this tale was really true. 

Shrike forgot one thing unfortunately which he was swiftly reminded upon looking out and down from the window of the cable car...was that fact that he hated heights and now they were pretty high off the ground.

Shrike almost froze for a few seconds, his grip tightening ever so more on the railing as he could see a very long way down, good thing he was wearing that helmet or they would see immense distress from him, it would be clear as day light...he had a fear of heights.

He quickly turned around to compose himself, shaking his head  few times to knock him back into the now, to nervous to sit down he remained standing and make a fast check upon his gear making sure he had not left the most important piece of gear for this journey behind.

With a small tap to his side pouch he was relieved to find it was on his belt. The young armored figure knew when they reached the top it probably would not take them all the way to their final destination, but it sure better then scaling the side of a cliff face.

The damn car kept climbing and climbing, how high was this damn thing located, bad enough standing a two story building but this was ridiculous for him, he questioned a while back why even letting Lysander build him a prototype jetpack if he was terrified enough of that alone, he never figured that out. 

His blue visor checked all and every one inside the cable care, he only really knew of one, Pyro and then he only had a brief encounter with him, tho his ties to Bonnie made it all the better. As for Winter, well hopefully he could learn more about her, the same went for probably the most mysterious out of the lot...Claw.

That strange glow was not natural at all, at least in Shrikes eyes it was not, he was going to have to keep a eye on her, just to see what would come next, the guy didn't really know of each and all's real motives for this expedition so he decided to clear his throat and ask that very question.

"Soooo we all going up here for that reason to find the artifact...but why is you guys really want to see it huh ?...Just want to know if its real or not...wanna see what it can do...or something entirely different ?" 

-The figure said in his usual radio like tone as he folded his arms, waiting for some one to at least answer his question.-
Shrike Marine
Shrike Marine
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by The Red Blur Wed Jan 30, 2019 8:57 pm

The snow-white avian looked at Pyro open-beaked at his comment. “Snowball? The hell is that supposed to mean?” She asked, gritting her teeth a little and leaning in “Are you saying I’m fat? You’d best watch that beak, Matchstick.” She turned quickly, walking inside.

Winter stretched her arms as soon as she made it inside the cable car, before throwing herself onto one of the benches. She folded her wings almost entirely, kicking her legs gently as she looked around the car at all the people heading up the mountain with her. She glared back at Pyro, before saying “and I’ll have you know that I take great care in keeping myself fit.” She sighed, her gaze turning to ‘Stan’. Something about that name didn’t sit right with her. It almost sounded like he was making it up, but with a shake of the head, she brought her mind off of the subject.

Finally, she looked to Shrike, “‘course I wanna see what it does! And if it’s as powerful as people say, then I don’t want it falling into the wrong hands.” She held a hand to her chin, raising her eyebrow “I know a certain fiery swordsman that could use some armour for a change, too. It’d probably look a little better than that dusty old coat...” she joked, giggling to herself.
The Red Blur
The Red Blur
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Ninathelioness Sun Feb 03, 2019 3:06 am

Claw was the first to answer Shrike, though finding the right words without sounding suspicious was a whole other matter entirely. "I'm only interested in this Dragon Shroud out of mere curiosity. The legends make it seem VERY powerful. If the legends are true, I'd rather it remain hidden from whatever nefarious naredowells would try to get their hands on it." She explained carefully, the edge of her tail flicking back and forth, which she hoped nobody saw.

Her tail flicked from a subconsious nervousness; not from the thought that someone may accuse her of hiding alterior motives, but that some situation may arise during this expedition that may force her to expose her full abilities to the mobians and human she hardly even knew.

Trying to toss the thought aside, she decided to silently dig through her bag to make sure she had all the gear she would need to make the expedition as safe as possible.
Ninathelioness
Ninathelioness

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum