Hello user, SRN is now closed. Feel free to read anything you'd like, but you cannot post.
Thank you for being part of this community.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello user, SRN is now closed. Feel free to read anything you'd like, but you cannot post.
Thank you for being part of this community.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wake up, shaken up

+2
ForevaYoung
The Red Blur
6 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Wake up, shaken up Empty Wake up, shaken up

Post by The Red Blur Wed Dec 12, 2018 12:28 am

It was well past midnight when the hedgehog finally got home. He sighed, as he clicked on the lights, walking into the bedroom of his apartment. He wondered why Cinder, his chao hadn’t already flown into him, but he remembered that he wished to spend time with his friends at the garden for this night, and because Caen wouldn’t be back until late, it was the perfect time to do so, anyway. He sighed, throwing himself on the bed “what a day...” He muttered, reflecting on the day of filming he had. Luckily, it was the last day of filming, and everything was done. He could sleep. Yes. Sleep...

Within seconds, he was doing exactly that. His dreams were peaceful, mainly consisting of a forest, that was just... Quiet. A gentle breeze ran through the trees as he lay on the soft grass. Suddenly, the grass around his head grew longer, and longer, pinning Caen's arms and legs. He looked around, panicked, as the grass covered his mouth. He couldn’t breathe! He struggled, letting out a scream which was only muffled by his covered mouth. After about a minute of struggling, his eyes slowly closed, before he blacked out.

---

When the hedgehog awoke, his vision was blurred, as though there was something in his eyes. His head was pounding, and every muscle ached, as though he had already run a marathon. Caen tried to move his arms, but felt they were bound in place, along with his feet. He shut his eyes, shaking his head, which helped to clear his eyesight somewhat. 

The room was large, and dark. Caen could hardly see in front of him. At least, that was the case, until a blindingly bright spotlight lit above Caen, lighting a small amount of the room around him. A tall figure, dressed in black, stepped forwards. They wore a simple mask, covering their lower face, and a pair of large, dark glasses covered their eyes. A pair of grey ears poked out from behind their disguise.

The figure stepped forwards, moving their head as they examined the hedgehog. They leaned forwards, their face inches away from Caen, causing the hedgehog to turn his head away from them. “Hmm... Of all people, I wouldn’t think you’d be the first to wake,” he spoke, his voice garbled, and almost machine-like, giving away the fact he was wearing a voice changer.

“What do you want from me...?” Caen spoke through gritted teeth, his expression changing from confusion, and fright, to anger. “Kill me? Torture me?”
The figure held up a finger, before saying “shh, shh, shhhh... All will be answered in due time, my little actor. We just need to... Set the stage,” they said, stepping back a little. “How about we wait for your co-stars to wake up, hmm?”
The Red Blur
The Red Blur
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Wake up, shaken up Empty Re: Wake up, shaken up

Post by ForevaYoung Wed Dec 12, 2018 2:47 am

It was pretty late, but when you work mostly at night, you get used to seeing the stars in the sky rather than the sun.
This was the simple thought process of the female walking down the street while absentmindedly playing with the silver buckle on her fitted leather biker jacket which was unzipped and showing the deep red crop top underneath. She was actually in a pretty decent mood, albeit a little tired. The black tipped tail behind her swished contentedly as her pale red eyes lazily looked ahead, eager to find her small apartment complex within her sight. Sure the work she did tonight wasn't the most legal, but as long as she wasn't found out she did not care. 
As she turned into a side street, the female got the eerie sense that someone was watching her, which made the patchy fur all over her stand on end. Blowing her silver bangs up with a puff of air in an aggravated sigh she glanced around her, only to find nobody around. 

"You're needing some sleep, of course you're getting paranoid when it's one in the fuckin' morning and you've been working for the past two days straight."
That feeling washed over her again as soon as she lifted a booted foot to walk again. She tried to pay it no mind and continued on her way back home, picking up the pace slightly as she was feeling a little weirded out .

Not that she'd say that out loud of course. 

Coming up to the end of the street, she whirled around again, unable to take it anymore. Before she was able to register if anyone was actually messing with her, she felt something hit her head before the world fell behind a velvety black curtain. 

A dull pain slowly edged it's way into her consciousness, pulling her from the clutches of the web of darkness as she opened her eyes slowly. A low grumble escaped her lips as she blinked away the fog in her brain. She could swear it was dark, but suddenly a bright light appeared from nowhere, showing that wherever she was, she was not alone.
She tried to stand up but felt a weight on her leg. She couldn't exactly see what it was but she guessed she was bound to something to restrict her movement somehow. 
Who the hell ratted her out? This was the only explanation for why she didn't know where she was right now.

The female perked her black ears as the sound of voices drifted towards her. One voice sounded like it wasn't originally theirs, while the other sounded around her age and transitioned from fearful to full of anger. 
She chose to lay still as to not draw attention to herself. The conversation may give her some useful information in order to get out of wherever it was they were currently trapped.

Last edited by ForevaYoung on Thu Dec 13, 2018 8:32 pm; edited 2 times in total
ForevaYoung
ForevaYoung
Master Member
Master Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Ninathelioness Wed Dec 12, 2018 3:20 am

A few minutes after Caen and the mysterious figure had their brief conversation, a young purple-clad lioness stirred slowly. Her mind was so fuzzy, she could hardly think straight. She tried to move, but found herself bound hand and foot. At the realization, she struggled for a moment in a panic, swinging her tail around wildly until she realized there wasn't any breaking her confines. She was so scared - Where was she?

She tried to search her aching mind for what happened before she ended up... Wherever she was...

It was dark, a foggy night in the forest she called home. Clouds loomed above, seeming to threaten to start a downpour at any moment. The lioness was leaping from branch to branch nimbly. She was heading to her own little hideout to get shelter from the forming storm and get warm. Something didn't quite feel right though - Like someone was... Watching her from the shadows.

She tried to dismiss the thought as crazy - Nobody would come this far into the woods, ESPECIALLY at night, along with the rumors of dangerous wild animals roaming about. She wasn't sure why she stayed - She concluded that there simply wasn't anywhere else for her to go.

The lioness soon came across a small, shabby shack made with large sticks and drift wood. It wasn't much, but it was home. Not wasting any time, she flopped onto her bed, curled up under a blanket and let sleep come over her. But for what felt like hours, she found sleep just wouldn't come.

She focused on the gentle sounds of nature until she could fall asleep... The faintest sound of a twig snapping barely met her ears, but she didn't register it. As her mind slowly drifted away, she could've sworn she heard muffled footsteps hurriedly making way towards her little hut.
Ninathelioness
Ninathelioness

Back to top Go down

Post by Vega Desol Wed Dec 12, 2018 10:54 pm

Vega, a lonesome, hermit of a hedgehog.

No much could be said about his life in the eyes of others... well, not these days anyway. Once a mighty hero, someone who labelled themselves as a "Guardian" of the very planet he walked upon. Now reduced to just a forgotten memory, yet retained all the baggage that came with his past, along with the new troubles life had thrown at him.

He had found himself within his normal spot. The Pool of Remembrance. An isolated, non-specific area that... always just seemed to be right where Vega had needed it to be. Surrounded by trees, bushes no noise besides the quiet breeze shifting through the woodland. This small little opening was home to a specific pool of water, a pool that would reflect, show the looker their past, their present, or even their future, in the only way a reflection could, by showing the looker their own selves.

Vega sat as he usually did, cross legged in front of the water, his reflective, silver eyes gazing down into the pool. Before long the image of himself warped, showing him a reflection of times gone by, this bright, young figure, with colours that burned passionately like the sun that shined overhead.

It was only a few seconds more that he could watch, before he simply turned away, taking some deep breaths, and laying back onto the cool grass beneath him. Taking very little time, to simply drift into a sleep.

---------------------------------------------------------

Bluuuuuuurry....

Bluuuuuuuurry Vision....

Okay, fading back in... its dark, and cold.... the usual.

"Ugh." A rather dull voice would come out of the darkness, that voice coming from a hedgehog that stood out like a sore thumb within the darkness. That being because his fur was a brilliant, shining white, along with bright yellow accents on the tips of his spines.

He lifted his head slowly, noticing a spotlight way overhead, his half-open eyes blinking as he groaned. He before even thinking of the situation, he attempted to stand himself up, only to realise he was bound, his arms and legs neutralised to the point of being immovable.

Theeeeeen came the blistering head pain.

"God damn it... One week... all I want is One quiet week..." He grumbled lowly to himself, looking up, trying to absorb the weak, artifical light particles stemming from the spotlight.... to no avail of course, such a weak light couldn't provide him with the power to break free.

"Alright.... I'm officially, done with this. Who do I have to deal with to get outta here?" He would call out into the darkness, his ears beginning to flick side to side as he heard other voices in the distance, other low groans and noises of pain.

"I mean it.... I can hurt you a lot more than you could ever hurt me!" He would warn his supposed kidnapper, actively trying to pull his arms against the chains that bound him down.
Vega Desol
Vega Desol
Basic Member
Basic Member

Back to top Go down

Post by charredh Thu Dec 13, 2018 12:06 am

The voices woke him up. At first his half-awake brain thought that it was room service, but he don't ever remember any hotel's bed to be a chair. And usually hotel rooms don't bind their guests, he realises belatedly.

What had happened? He tried to remember, all while keeping his head low and his eyes closed. He was checking into a new hotel, the receptionist asked him about a detail in his IC, he lifted his head up from his phone to reply (it's basic courtesy), she brought up a bottle of whatevertheheck and sprayed it into his face before he could speak. And now he's here.

Sandy tried to curl up his tail and use it to.... oh, they tied it to the chair too. Whoever kidnapped him knew what that tail can do. He'd have to use other methods to get free.

His large ears swerve around to someone's shouting. Sounded like he's in a.... room. A rather large and empty one, with all the echoing going on. There was more than just one person here judging from the faint breathing sounds. And a few are already awake with their more panicked breathing. Three are talking and one didn't sound entirely human. And the sound of something swishing around... he hope it's not a whip. Whips hurt.

charredh
Basic Member
Basic Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolf478 Thu Dec 13, 2018 7:13 am

The Night had begun to set in, with the sun now far enough below the horizon to have all but disappeared. The Black sky cast a thick contrast to the piercing orange of the street lamps that seemed to be placed at random along the side of the rather run-down road, barely illuminating several pot-holes in it's asphalt surface.

After a quick exhale, a puff of warm moisture floated from his mouth, his breath becoming visible in the cold night air. His azure eyes widened slightly at the misty appearance of his breath, the thick grey fur across his body offering him more warmth than he'd expected.

His casual white lab coat lay wrinkled on the arm of the chair, with the fox still sporting his comfortable sandy trousers. He looked over to the open window, which gave a wide view of the rather dilapidated neighbourhood, which offered the least amount of attention. 

With a grunt, he stood up and out of the comfort of his Armchair and walked over to the window, his chest fur puffing up in the cool breeze sifting through the opening. The fox looked down at the street outside of the apartment complex, probably about 4 or 5 floors down and riddled with cracks and tar patches. 

Wordlessly, his hands slid to the top of the window and gently slid the frame down, closing the rectangular porthole and ceasing the air flow. But despite closing the window, he continued to stand, looking around at the worn-down bricks and the garbage covered sidewalk, inhaling deeply and feeling the ache in his sides ping.

His goal was to mellow for the night, and eventually drift off to sleep, but something cold and hard colliding with the back of his head brought that to an abrupt end. There was shuffling and his vision was rapidly going black. Just as the last slit of light filtered into his eyes, he could feel his skin grow warm and his fur become messy. It looked like it was going to be a rough night for everyone.

---

A sensation similar to that of a freezing metal rod being whipped across his face is what forced his eyes open, at first his vision was blurry, but as it came to, he could barely see a few metres in front of him anyway. But what he could see were bars.

Something cold was wrapped around his neck and his wrists, something that clinked when he moved. The fox tried to stand up, but felt whatever it was around his neck snap taught.

With a rather hurried, and frightened glance to the left and to the right, the fox could see nothing but bars, completely surrounding him. It was a cage. And around his neck and wrists were chains, locked to the bottom of the cage.

There was the taste of copper in his mouth and he reflexively spat it out, spraying globules of thick red liquid across what he could see to be concrete underneath the cage. What was left of the nearly pasty liquid leaked out of his mouth and down to his chin.

He looked down, tattered shreds of the sandy cloth were still hung around his waist, but they could hardly be described as trousers any more. Many parts of his fur was stained red, whether from his own wounds, which were now becoming more evident, or from someone else's he could not tell.

"What the Hell is going on?" he said to himself.

He looked around, but could see nobody, there was a spotlight directly above him, illuminating the cage, but little beyond that. 

"Where the bloody hell am I!?"

This time it came out as a shout, anger beginning to edge into his voice.
Wolf478
Wolf478
Staff
Staff

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbJFpfGfur74HDRCDFl7bqg

Back to top Go down

Post by The Red Blur Sat Dec 15, 2018 1:43 am

Caen looked around again, his eyes scanning everywhere he could see quickly, another wave of panic washing over him. He pulled his arms upwards, his constraints clanking and clinking as his arms came to a sudden halt. He kicked out, growling, as he eyes glowed ever so slightly. "Release me at once! Do you have any idea who you're-"

"Do you have any idea who you're dealing with?" The figure spoke, mocking the hedgehog as theythey him off. "We've heard this all before. Don't worry, we won't be killing you. Not yet, at least." They strode towards him, before raising a fist, and punching Caen in the cheek, causing his head to reel to the side, and for him to let out a yelp of pain. The figure reached for his head, bringing it back to face the empty blackness of his glasses "Such arrogance pisses me off, though. You'd do best to reel that in, my little actor."

Before Caen could even speak again, he heard more movement, and with each little bit of movement, another light flicked on, highlighting the new figure. The first was a female, around Caen's age. He could barely make out any identifying features, as the same blue across his vision had come back with a vengeance, not to mention the ringing that was now in his ears. He grunted, trying to take his mind off of the pain. 

The masked figure finally stepped back, turning to the newcomer "ah, and then there were two. Nice to see you're awake. I must tell my men to stop using physical means to collect our participants, unless absolutely necessary. We don't want any... Damaged goods." He walked towards her, bending down just a little "paranoia is a good thing, my dear girl. Remember that, and you might just survive beyond the next 24 hours."

With a click, the next spotlight lit up a portion of the room, showing a lioness, already struggling against the chair that she was stuck in. The masked figure laughed, their stride unchanging as they moved towards the lioness "now you were a hard one to follow, so it seems. Of course, choosing to keep away from other people can have its pros and cons..." 

Another click, another spotlight, and this time, it was a figure that Caen could recognise, causing his eyes to widen "Vega!" He called out weakly, causing the figure to turn his head quickly to stare at the hedgehog threateningly. Soon, however, they turned back to Vega, chuckling again "and talking of difficult to track down, we have you. You should always check your immediate area if you're going to meditate in a place like that. Perhaps you'd learn to have some better self-awareness, soon enough." They leaned in, before adding "oh, and I wouldn't focus on trying to hurt me. Best to save your energy for the trials ahead, no?"

As they were speaking, the penultimate spotlight lit, showing yet another figure already struggling, however even their tail was bound, at the same time. "Ah, and there's you. I must applaud my men for binding your tail. I've heard stories of just about what that could do. Not long to wait now, don't worry, we just have one more-" 

And with that, the final spotlight lit. "Speak of the devil," the figure said calmly, as they walked right up to the cage that this final participant was contained within. "I do apologise for the rather rough treatment that you received. We had seen that you could be... Troublesome, so we'd rather avoid any real problems.

Finally, the figure walked to the middle of the room, and put his hands behind his back, looking around and nodding gently "good morning, ladies and gentleman. Now, I'm sure you're all wondering why you're here. Put simply, you're all going to play a little game, of my own creation. I call it..." He held out his arms, looking to the ceiling "the Grim Reaper's game. A game for all to test their power, and their worth. Men, women, children, all are welcome to be selected.We have a good selection of participants this time, don't we? You'd best all get to know each other well." He looked to Caen, the next words sending a chill down his spine "though most of you won't survive this. Alas, death is a necessary part of life." He began to look around the room again, speaking clearly "you will all face trials 1 Vs 1. These can range from simple enough fights, to puzzles designed by my men. Needless to say, all of them can be... Delightfully entertaining to watch, and you can all do so so long as you're not participating. You will all be fed, provided you survive your matches, and in fact there will be plenty of entertainment, alcohol, tobacco, and all the vices you people will all be acquainted to." He fell silent, before holding out his hand and saying "any questions?"
The Red Blur
The Red Blur
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by ForevaYoung Sat Dec 15, 2018 1:13 pm

Fluffy black ears flicked and perked as the sounds of other living beings began around her. She attempted to stand up, swiftly remembering the binding thing that was attached to her leg.
As she thought of what it was attached to her, a spotlight flared to life that shone down on her, making her pale red eyes sting with the sudden brightness, and making her raise her black and white hands fly up to shield her sensitive orbs from the white burning light.
As her vision adjusted to things, she looked around to find a few others in a similar position to herself. Bound to one place with a constraint, some with more than others. A red hedgehog was being "interrogated" by a darkly clothed being who was disguising his voice. He was male, that much she was certain, but that was about all she could get considering his face was covered by a mask and dark glasses.
The feline rolled her eyes. Dramatic much? She puffed air up into her silver bangs again as the mysterious individual strolled over to her spotlight and began rambling about physicalities of how she got here, which in turn made her put a hand up to her head where she was struck. Pulling it away after feeling some slight dampness ,she noticed her head was in fact bleeding a little.
'They'll fucking pay for touching me.' She thought as a dark look crossed her patchy features. The figure then spoke of paranoia, making her snort a laugh. The only one who should be paranoid is him when she gets free.

As more lights came on, she became aquainted with others in the same situation. A total of four others sat caged, each just as confused as the next. They certainly were all a mix and match of everyone though; was it purely random selection? 

The Grim Reapers game. How frightening.
"I'm shaking in my boots." The black and white female remarked sarcastically with yet another eyeroll. She had powers, that much she knew obviously, but did they know? And if they did; how did they come by that information?

The pale red eyed girl sighed in aggravation .Someone was clearly pulling a fast one here. Her arrogance and inability to fully listen could well be her undoing, or what keeps her alive, but all she cared about was getting free. Her ankle was itching like crazy, and it was causing such a distraction.
ForevaYoung
ForevaYoung
Master Member
Master Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Ninathelioness Sat Dec 15, 2018 8:12 pm

The second the spotlight had turned on her, the lioness had flinched from the brightness, but shook it off after a moment. She took what little time to had to train her gaze on each of her fellow captives and analyze what she could from her surroundings.

She hadn't paid too much attention to what the masked figure was saying, her mind was in overdrive as she thought of her next move until he laughed at her previous struggle, which was met with a harsher glare.

The sentence aimed at her hit her hard - Even if he didn't know it, she wasn't planning on staying in that forest forever, though that might not matter anymore if she didn't make it out of here.

The Grim Reaper's Game? Who did this guy think he was? Boy, she wanted to knock him down a peg or two. She gladly took the first chance she could to ask a question.

"Um, have a question; WHY are you doing this?!" She demanded, trying to hide the fear from her voice
Ninathelioness
Ninathelioness

Back to top Go down

Post by Vega Desol Mon Dec 17, 2018 12:33 am

Vega's silver, reflective eyes would dart across the room, noticing as one by one, there was more and more figures in the very same situation he was, even one that he slightly recognised.

"Fantastic, just perfect." He said before moving his head side to side, cracking his neck as he pulled his arms at his bonds.

"Not the first time I've been in this situation." He mumbled up before darting his eyes up, glaring in the direction of the figure that was dishing out some punishment to Caen.

"Alright buddy, I'm gonna need you to spill the beans mmkay? What do you want? Let me make a few guesses;

Ransom for our lives? Cause let me tell you there ain't noooooo body whos gonna pay a cent for me.

Or maybe, you wanna clone us? Roboticize us? Been down that road pal, never works out.

Or maybe you just wanted to stare at us all day? Sorry to say, my modelling career went under years ago~"

The rambling white hedgehog grinned from ear to ear as he never seemed to shut up with his sarcastic remarks before he raised an eyebrow to said figure.

"Bottom line is pal, I'm gonna need ya to release us all in due time, before I turn you and this whole little dark dungeon deal ya got going on into one hell of a firework display." His words would suddenly become more harsh at the end of his sentence as he made a threat, his teeth gritting against one another.
Vega Desol
Vega Desol
Basic Member
Basic Member

Back to top Go down

Post by charredh Mon Dec 17, 2018 1:02 am

The little sand-coloured squirrel blinked at first due to the sudden bright light in his face, then at everyone else around him. This sure is a mish-mash of various people, he wondered to to himself. Two of them even knew each other. That figure wished for them to be pitted against each other? He didn't like that idea at all, no. Some of these people felt strong, like they can flick him into a wall if they weren't restrained like him. As he let the others yell and taunt, he cocked his head to a side to see if he can catch any sounds from outside. Mayhaps he can still call for help if he manage to escape.

Nothing. The building is soundproof, as expected. Well, it was worth a try. He sighed and rolled his shoulders back while calmly waiting for the rest to finish talking. He had some of his own questions to ask.

"Um..." A soft, meek voice spoke out. "What will happen to the winner...? And the losers. Those that didn't die." His english is clear, albeit with an obvious accent. "Will there be... Medicine? And I'm sorry, but I can't hear you very well with that thing on you..."

That was a total lie. Sandy, who's ears can even catch someone breathing from six feet away, can hear them very well and dandy. He just didn't have a particularly good excuse to get the figure to take off their mask.

charredh
Basic Member
Basic Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolf478 Mon Dec 17, 2018 2:34 am

There was talking, almost too quiet to hear. Just a little beyond the darkness that was encircling his current field of vision. One of the voices was rather Garbled, while the other sounded slightly more familiar.
Darken tried to listen closely to the talking, but before he could hear anything meaningful, several other spotlights shone into existence, producing similar rings of light around what he could now see were other captives. Although none of the others were chained to a cage, they were all bound in different ways, each one having something unique about the way they were captured.

In the first spotlight to shine forth revealed two people, a red hedgehog and a masked figure, who was too well disguised in both the light and dark to reveal what it truly was. The masked figure was talking just a little too quiet to hear but he could recognise that this was the Garbled voice the fox had heard before. While the other voice came from the red hedgehog.

With each Spotlight turning on, the masked character shifted it's focus onto the other captives, talking to each of them in turn, until they approached his cage. When they did so, the fox bared his teeth, growling at them the closer they got.

With a few short remarks from the masked figure, they then made their way to the middle of the room, where another spotlight had begun to brighten. The Figure spoke, they spoke of a tournament, a contest for superiority. They spoke of the trials and of the 'rewards'.

The Grim Reaper's game.

Although, it was probably the last part of their speech that aroused the most attention. And it wasn't like anybody was going to want permission to ask questions anyway.

Everyone, all of the captives, seemed to explode into an Uproar of furious questions, attempts to threaten or talk their way out of their bonds, or simply confusion as to the motivation behind it all.

But amongst the lot, and possibly closest in proximity to Darken, was a small squirrel, whose tail was bound to their chair. And it was only this squirrel that the fox was able to properly hear. However, due to the tremendous racket going on throughout the room, it was highly unlikely that anyone else heard their question, which so far seemed to be the most reasonable of the lot.

"OI! You in the mask!"

The fox shouted, in an attempt to gain the figures attention.

"The squirrel has a great question for you."

He felt a quite awkward referring to his fellow captive as just 'the squirrel' but he had never met them before, and wasn't familiar with their name.

Regardless of whether or not he had managed to successfully gain the unknown characters attention, the grey fox collapsed onto the bars of his cage, the stress from the current situation and the battle he had returned from hours before his kidnap proving to be too much for him.
Wolf478
Wolf478
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by The Red Blur Tue Dec 18, 2018 12:58 am

The masked figure laughed, before letting it grow into a cackle, taking in all of the angry words. He pointed to the female feline, nodding a little "you. You in particular. I like you. You have spirit. To see it build, or to see it crumble. Both are... Delightfully delicious to watch..." 

He snapped his head towards Vega, holding out his arms "Vega, Vega, Vega, my child of light, this isn't for me. I am giving you all the chance to become part of something greater than yourselves! For the good of mankind! After all, to make an omelette, you must break a few eggs, no? Plus..." He cocked his head "there isn't nearly enough natural light in this room for you to make anything akin to a flame, let alone a firework."

"And what if we don't want to be part of anything to do with you, you bastard?!" Caen shouted, struggling against his constraints again. The figure lowered his arms, stepping towards the hedgehog again. He raised his arm, throwing another punch at his cheek, this time making his head turn and slam into the headrest of the chair. "Stick to your lines, my little actor. You'll survive longer."

Caen felt a dribble of something leaving his mouth, and there was a faint taste of copper in his mouth. He shook his head, letting out a small breath, trying to shake off the pain, again.

The figure breathed a sigh, before continuing to Sandy, again. "The winners will, as I said before, become part of something so much bigger than any of you. The losers, well... I'm not going to kill them, and the participants certainly don't have to, but... My staff can be quite... Trigger happy, and once one participant has lost... Well, they're fair game. Medicine will be available, and so will food, drink, every kind of comfort you desire, don't you worry about that. Oh, and..." 

He reached up, taking off the mask covering his lower face, but keeping the glasses on. "Your ears work perfectly fine. Keep lying like that, and they won't work so well in the future." The figure's voice was low, and rough, but not particularly deep. He almost sounded like an adolescent. He placed the mask back on, before nodding "now," he spoke, his voice garbled again, "eat, drink, and be merry. But more importantly, get to know your enemies. Their strengths..." He looked at Caen "their weaknesses. They'll come in useful." 

There was a slight rumble, as the chairs began to descend on some kind of elevator. As they moved downwards, the figure called out "I bid you all adieu, for now! Goodbye!" 

The shackles holding Caen's arms snapped open, and he immediately reached up, wiping his mouth with a gloved hand. He looked at that hand, which shook just a little. He grabbed his wrist with his other hand, taking in a deep breath to calm down "you'll only waste energy... Just try to live through this... As soon as you can, call Raito... She'd know what to do..." 

Soon enough, the elevators stopped, with the chairs all now being placed in a large room, with rich red carpets, as well as a fully stocked bar, which presumably had food, too. A man, wearing just a basic facemask stood behind the bar, his hands behind his back. 

The shackles around Caen's feet disengaged with a click, allowing the hedgehog to stand up. He stretched his arms, wincing as he heard them click. "Is it just me, or does that wolf have a vendetta against me?" Caen said, to nobody in particular.
The Red Blur
The Red Blur
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by ForevaYoung Tue Dec 18, 2018 10:17 pm

The masked figure had sparked retaliation from everyone, it seemed. The leather clad female couldn't help but smirk to herself a little when the voice of the little sand coloured squirrel tried to convince their current adversary that they couldn't make out what he was saying. The little guy wasn't too good at lieing apparently, as the concealed male approached him and released the bottom half of his mask to reveal his true voice for a few moments. 

Obviously she couldn't hear what was said as he spoke lowly to the squirrel himself, but from the tones she could pick up she guessed he was not too old. There was definitely a slight roughness to it, but not enough to tell that he was still a young adult; definitely under the age of thirty, if she listened hard enough.

The magpie bi-coloured girl puffed her bangs up again in a sigh. She was getting bored being bound to the ground, but she knew better than to talk too much. It could give away vital information the others could use in a future battle. 
Not that she was wanting to fight, but she also didn't wish to lose either. She had a competitive streak in her that drove her comrades a little bit insane at times when it came to a job. All she had to do was play it safe, and not let anything slip about her powers and things would be a-ok.

Suddenly, the room began to move, confusing the biker girl for but a moment. That confusion ebbed away instantly as she felt the binding around her leg loosen, and she made a nosedive to her boot to unzip the side down a bit to get into her ankle to scratch it. Man, she needed that so much.
Looking back up after sighing in relief, the dual coloured female saw a small bar area, and, without words, made her way right over.

"I need something to get rid of this fuckin' thirst. Whatever'll do, but hurry the hell up already."

Yeah, it seemed that this girl really didn't do very well in social circumstances, as she looked around to the other 'victims' to find them still not moving far from where they were inprisoned.

Shortly afterwards, the feline received her beverage, which ended up being a can of lemonade and she nodded to the masked barkeep before walking back to the middle of the area.
"Look, we are stuck here at the moment, but that doesn't mean we should just fuckin' sit around and starve and dehydrate ourselves, right? Get something to eat or something, cause we will probably need a shit ton of stuff to keep us going if we all want out of here."
ForevaYoung
ForevaYoung
Master Member
Master Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Ninathelioness Tue Dec 18, 2018 10:51 pm

Shalina held a light glare as the masked figure murmured things out of her hearing to the squirrel. While that was going on, she tried to slip her arms and legs out the binding, though she jolted in surprise as the floor shook and descended.

She eagerly got up and stretched for a moment after she was freed. "I don't know about that vendetta thing..." She paused to think of a place nickname until introductions were made, "... Whatever your name is. But I agree with the cat. I don't know about you, but I'm starving, I haven't eaten anything since last night."

She strode over to the bar and tried her best to be polite despite the circumstances, "I'll take whatever you have that has meat, and a diet soda, I'm not feeling particularly picky at the moment

After a few minutes, Shalina got some thick slices of meatloaf, which she gazed at eagerly and after a quick 'Thanks', devoured it mercilessly and guzzled down some diet soda like the hungry predator she was.
Ninathelioness
Ninathelioness

Back to top Go down

Post by Vega Desol Tue Dec 18, 2018 11:16 pm

Vega would let out a hard sigh as his bonds were broken, standing up and dusting himself off , shaking the dust out of his white fur before looking forward, seeing the new room they were placed in.

He gave a quick glance from side to side, noticing the others around him before he strode on forward, not sharing even a single word with the unfortunates trapped with him. Rather, he moved on ahead, grabbing a large roll of bread and shoving it into his mouth, chewing quickly as he began moving up to the walls of the room, placing his ear against the walls.

He would move all around the room, listening to the walls, and banging his fists lightly on the walls, to see if there was any hollow areas that could be broken through.

"Hmph."

He swallowed his lump of bread loudly before reeling back and punching into the wall hard, leaving no results apart from a now slightly sore hand. He grunted, shaking his gloved hand and looking back around the room.

He began looking around for any sources of light, a candle.... a lightbulb... anything, he just needed some power, some energy. He kept pacing around the room, not speaking a single word to anyone, making him seem.... well like a very odd, odd fellow.
Vega Desol
Vega Desol
Basic Member
Basic Member

Back to top Go down

Post by charredh Wed Dec 19, 2018 12:19 am

Sandy simpered and nodded to the figure in thanks, saying nothing else. The action was not at all in tune with his current predicament, which made it felt odd. Almost like he was simply thanking a cashier for the change.

He stood up when the cuffs came off, rubbing his wrist with a bit of a curious expression as he looked around the room, his long ears swiveling to catch any strange sounds while his tail wrapped around his neck like an extra fluffy fur scarf.

That wolf seemed to have some sort of vendetta against the red hedgehog and the other one… Wega? It sounded like Wega. It's probably Wega. Sandy murmured his name a few times under his breath. He wondered if either of them recognised the wolf during the few short seconds he removed his mask. From the current sound of things though, perhaps not. It might have something to do with only Sandy managing to catch that but was too dumb to understand.

While thinking all of that Sandy headed towards the one fox slumped in his cage. “Are you okay?” He asked in that whispery voice of his. He pulled the chains off the fox and took a quick look at all his wounds, frown deepening with each one he saw. The chains he gathered them into a bundle and stuffed into his tail; they might come in useful later.

“Uh...does anyone know where the medicine is…?” he attempted to call out to the other few people in the hall. He failed badly, with his voice barely increasing in volume at all. Poor thing.

charredh
Basic Member
Basic Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolf478 Wed Dec 19, 2018 3:55 pm

His attempt to gain the mysterious figures attention seemed to have worked, with the masked individual eventually turning their focus to the small squirrel. And heeding the squirrel's request, the figure did indeed remove their mask, but chose to keep their glasses on, keeping their identity well hidden.

But what he though was odd was that their voice didn't seem right without the voice-changer, too young, the sounded to be in their teens. Surely somebody that young couldn't take down this many people, and by the sounds of things, powerful people?

They placed the voice-changing mask back over their face, returning it to it's garbled and slightly more threatening tone. They then continued to talk to everyone in the room. There was to be food, drink, entertainment. 

They encouraged everyone to get to know each other, find exploits, learn strengths. But why should he? They didn't have anything to hold against one another. Winning didn't sound like it would be much more promising than losing.

The cage which the foxe's body was chained to began to shake slightly, and as he looked to his left and right, he could see that a large section of the floor was descending lower into the ground, everyone that was bound going along with it. It seemed to be some sort of large elevator.

There was a sort of an echoing click sound and the fox could feel the cuff around his neck loosen, and when he looked, he saw that everyone else had been freed too, and were eagerly exercising their freedom, but he was too exhausted to move. The events that had happened after his blackout had drained most of his energy in a very short amount of time.

His cage also snapped open, allowing for his escape from the uncomfortable bars, which had begun digging into his knees.  Shortly enough, the sort of elevator that they where on came to a halt, the captives having been placed in a rather luxurious room, with a bar, expensive furniture and many other riches scattered around the place.

He didn't notice the squirrel approach his cage, and by the time he did notice, they were pulling chains off of him. He remained still, slumped over and staring at the red carpet underneath the now open cage. He was silent, attempting to hold back his tears, not wanting to appear weak if he spoke in the event his voice broke while talking.

But the squirrel was helping him, despite the gloomy future that laid before all of them, which would likely result in either of them not leaving the facility. 

"Thank you..."

It came out as a whisper, barely audible to his own ears, but that alone required energy. And the fox currently lacked energy. 

Despite his current diminished strength, he manage to put one leg forward and bring himself up to a stand, allowing himself for a better look of the squirrel, they were sandy coloured, with a large bushy tail, much larger than the rest of their body.

He put his hand, which had a series of small cuts across it's back, onto the squirrels shoulder, looking into their eyes. 

"I'll be fine... Thank you..."

It was a little louder than last time, but the fox's eyelids drooped down across his eyes as he said it. It seemed the best medicine for him was some nourishment and hydration. 

Darken took his hand off of the squirrel's shoulder and stumbled out of the cage, limping towards the bar, a deep gash on his thigh streaking blood down his leg and preventing any large movement of the severed muscle tissue.

It was a tediously slow journey, but at least the red carpet would hide any stains he left behind, but most of it was dried already anyway so it mattered little. He finally reached the bar, and slapped his arm onto the counter, using it to support himself as he slouched over the tabletop.

"I'll take some Tofu with Ketchup and an energy drink."

He received a sideways glance from the Bartender, but after a moment of their gazes silently locking together, the masked figure behind the bar gave in and retrieved the requested items, sliding them towards the fox individually, along with a bowl.

"Thank you..."

He unwrapped the tofu, placing it in a bowl and then unscrewing the cap off of the ketchup and pouring it into the bowl along with the tofu. It was certainly a bizarre meal, but definitely had enough energy to get him back up and running and able to process the current situation properly.

Last edited by Wolf478 on Thu Dec 20, 2018 1:14 am; edited 1 time in total
Wolf478
Wolf478
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by The Red Blur Thu Dec 20, 2018 12:59 am

Caen continued to stretch for a few minutes, rolling his shoulders and moving his head back and forth. He grunted when his neck made a rather sickening click. He sighed, looking to the lioness, who was the only one to say anything to him. He nodded, replying "it's Caen. And yes, something to eat and drink would be great right now." 

He strode towards the bar, and leaned against it, as he watched Vega pace the room. "I'll take whatever you have that's high in sugar." He spoke, keeping his eyes on the white hedgehog, even as he punched the wall. 

The barman laughed a little, as he slid a slice of cake and a cola towards Caen "these walls are reinforced concrete. You aren't gonna be able to punch through them. 

Caen picked up a fork and tucked in to the cake, starting with a rather large forkful. He needed this sugar, right now. He was without a weapon, so he'd need to rely on his powers, and that would require sugar, lots of it. 

As the wolf limped over to the bar, Caen placed the plate down, frowning a little. "Um... Sir, we should get that bandaged up. Didn't the masked man say there was medicine, and things like that?" To which the barman silently replied, by slamming some rubbing alcohol and bandages onto the bar. Caen looked at it, before picking it up "look, whether or not you intend to kill me at any point, I can't let you limp around. At least let me help!" He said, standing up.

With Vega's search for light, he could find the dim fluorescent lighting on the ceiling, and a singular window. Though, there was two doors leading elsewhere, which may indeed have more light. If he were to check them, however, he'd find them locked.
The Red Blur
The Red Blur
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by ForevaYoung Fri Dec 21, 2018 12:40 am

The female listened absentmindedly as the others bustled around to have some food or to help one another. She had to admit, that gash on the fox's leg wasn't the nicest, but he managed to get over to the bar area, albeit a little wobbly, but he made it.

Looking over to the Lioness who basically inhaled her food, The bi-coloured feline couldn't help but chuckle a little. "Hungry much?"
As she said that, her own stomach growled rather loudly in protest, prompting a slight flush of embarrassment to appear on her patched cheeks. Turning back around to the barman, she placed a thoughtful hand on her chin.
"I want a roast chicken dinner. No veggies, but plenty mash and gravy. Shit tons of meat, thanks."

She wondered if she would get the meal she asked for. Considering she hadn't eaten properly in three days and had been surviving off of snacks and rations, she half hoped that something nice could satiate her for a bit. Contrary to popular belief thanks to her incredibly thin body, she actually ate a lot more than anyone would think someone of her size and stature would. Her abilities took a lot of energy if she was using them to a certain extent. It was a good diet plan. If she ate too much junk, she could always just cause some mayhem and the pounds would just fall off her.

Talking a moment to drink some more of her lemonade, the ebony ivory female went over to the red hedgehog and fox. Maybe she should at least try and talk to people for once? After all they were all pretty stuck here, at least for the time being.

"So, what exactly happened to you to get your leg in that state, foxy?" She pondered. 
Immediately she mentally face-palmed herself at how blunt and uncaring she sounded saying that. 

Talking to people was hard, okay? It wasn't her fault she was useless at conversations.

Looking over to the squirrel, she found herself frowning a little. The little guy was so quiet and he sounded so nervous as well. 
She watched as he basically turned his tail into a personal scarf. Fascinating.

Scanning the room for the white hedgehog male from before who essentially depreciated himself for all possible ways of how they were held up in here, she found him at a wall as if looking for something of great importance. She had to admit, he did look a little bit worn out. No signs of any real damage done to him though. 

Remembering about how she got here, she felt where she had been struck before, and realised that was where the dull throbbing was coming from. Pulling her white hand away while her black hand held her drink, she saw some specks of blood. Meh, nothing too serious, but that throbbing could get frustrating very quickly.
"Better add an ice pack to my order as well."
ForevaYoung
ForevaYoung
Master Member
Master Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Ninathelioness Wed Dec 26, 2018 12:08 am

The lioness had almost missed the question aimed at her, but answered with a curt nod. She swallowed the last of her food and chuckled as the other feline's stomach growled with comedic timing. She was planning to make her own remark in return, though the feline focused her attention elsewhere, so she decided against it.

She decided to analyze the others in the room around her while sipping casually on her soda. She looked in sympathy to those that arrived with some form of injury. They were all interesting individuals. The timid squirrel in particular intrigued her. 

Just what could this squirrel do to attract the attention of whoever these people were? The white hedgehog prompted an eyebrow raise from her, trying to analyze what he was doing. Once pointed out, the lioness frowned at the sight of the fox's severe leg injury, and seemingly lacking desire for medical aid. She'd need more time to figure that one out.

After several seconds of thinking, the lioness got an idea. She cleared her throat loudly and up spoke up, "Um, hello, everyone. I know this situation is... Undesirable, but the least we can do is try to get along. Or introduce ourselves at the very least. My name's Shalina, and, um..." The lioness had spoke calmly until now, seeming at a loss for words, "Well, there's not a lot to say about myself." She concluded, albeit a bit bashfully
Ninathelioness
Ninathelioness

Back to top Go down

Post by Vega Desol Thu Dec 27, 2018 12:58 pm

Vega would keep checking around the room, sliding his gloved hand along the walls until he reached the doors within the room. He would tug and push at the unfortunately locked exits, making him grumble in annoyance.

He would sigh as he moved around the room again, before he would come across the small, fluorescence light within the room. His silver eyes would squint at the tiny, pathetic little light.

"Small...Artificial...Ugh, Great." 

He mumbled to himself, moving both hands in front of the light, starting to draw the faint, weak light particles from the artificial light bulb, sighing as he did so, it wasn't much, but it was energy.
Vega Desol
Vega Desol
Basic Member
Basic Member

Back to top Go down

Post by charredh Thu Dec 27, 2018 3:29 pm

Sandy, who had followed the injured fox all the way to the bar as quietly as frozen air, watched in amazement as he wolfed down that odd meal before he shrugged it off as funky western quirk and asked for a glass of vegetable juice from the barkeep.

The metal rings on his fingers clinked gently against the glass as he studied the people around him. The cat (whom he had secretly nicknamed Milk Cat due to her fur colours) had a point, they should all rest up and get fed. The white hedgehog was still being a weirdo; something about light? Was he a plant? Not even the tomatofu eating fox was as strange as him. Sandy tilted his head to the lioness, analyzing her briefly before he spoke in that hushed voice just loud enough for the people near the bar to hear.

“I'm Sandy… I'm not sure why I'm here with all of you, uh… I'm just a tourist passing by.”

A big fat lie. But unlike Wega, Sandy was not into revealing his skillset right off the bat, much less the part about him being the last remaining breeding member of his very ancient family. He smiled sheepishly at all these strong looking mobians and took a sip of his juice, hereby ending his introduction.

charredh
Basic Member
Basic Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolf478 Fri Dec 28, 2018 4:18 pm

He barely noticed the quite squirrel following behind him, and even when they made their own request from the bar, he could barely hear it through the fuzz in his thoughts. And as the thick salty ketchup and rich tofu mixed together in a rather unpleasant flavour, he was yet to gain enough energy to be truly embarrassed by the concerned gazes he was receiving by nearly all of the people within the room.

The exception of this was the white hedgehog and the bartender. The Red Hedgehog sitting next to him, who had mentioned his name to the lioness sitting next to them, but was unable to remember it, was equally as concerned as the Squirrel, requesting some assistance from the bartender. 

A roll of bandages and small vial of disinfectant made its way to the hedgehog while Darken continued to gulp large globs of the white and red mush before him. With a bit more energy than before, he enthusiastically consumed the energy drink provided, swallowing about half the can in lift.

"You're going to need a lot more than bandages if you want to fix me up right now."

He said turning to the hedgehog, now feeling more awake. With his mind now regaining full consciousness, the pain from his injuries was also making its way back into his mind.

"I'd recommend that you don't bother."

He tried to hide the agony that was becoming more prevalent, and while he could keep a straight face, his left eyelid lowered to about halfway, locked in a lazy state.

The cat who was also at the bar looked over to the two of them, or rather the three of them, the fox had almost forgotten about the timid squirrel. She asked about his leg.

"I'm not sure what happened to my leg."

He tried to keep his sentences short, not out of rudeness, but simply so as to prevent his voice from faltering midway through. And while in all honesty he wasn't certain of what had created the fissure-like gash along his thigh, he could make a pretty well-educated guess.

"You-"

He began, but felt his mouth twitch, and a pain twanged his jaw, likely the result of yet another injury. He was going to mention the blood seeping from the cat's head, but was cut short by his own problems, besides, she'd already discovered it.

The lioness introduced herself, followed by the squirrel, and the fox felt obliged to do the same.

"I uh... My name's Darken."

He then turned to the red hedgehog once again.

"And as for intending to kill you? No, I don't want to kill any of you. That's why I recommend that you try not to help me. If I die then it's for the better."

He looked around at everyone when he began, but mostly focused on the hedgehog and his attempts to provide medical assistance towards the end.
Wolf478
Wolf478
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by The Red Blur Sat Jan 05, 2019 12:10 am

As the hedgehog conversed with Darken, the barman turned his attention to the black and white feline, listening to her food request. He chuckled a little “oh, you’re one of those participants. I’m afraid we don’t have that behind the bar, so it’s gonna be a little wait,” he said, before turning and picking up a phone “the cat girl wants a chicken dinner. Mash. Gravy. Lots of meat, and no vegetables. No, the one that’s coloured like a newspaper. Bring it ASAP.” 

The barman slammer the phone receiver down, before turning back and watching the rest of the ‘participants’.
One of them being Caen, who was still holding the bandages and trying to convince Darken to help. “Look, I will help you one way or another. We are all stuck in this mess, and despite what we’ve been asked to do, I still believe we are most likely to all survive if we look out for each other, and... well... perhaps it is rather deep, but I doubt we have access to sutures, or staples...”

“Actually,” the barman cut him off, “we have those, and it’s all legit and sterilised and all that stuff, but uh... none of you look like doctors, so good luck.” He chuckled again. It was odd how much he enjoyed this. 

Caen swallowed nervously, before looking to Darken again “w-well, that’s... Lucky?” He turned on his seat, looking to the others “I don’t suppose anyone is good at stitching a wound? I’m afraid my hands would be a little bit too... shaky...”

He looked to Darken one more time “my name’s Caen, by the way. Sorry for not mentioning sooner.” He leaned back a little burying his chin in the collar of his coat a little “I, um... I have an idea as to why I’m here... I’m not exactly what one would call someone who lives safely...”
The Red Blur
The Red Blur
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum