Hello user, SRN is now closed. Feel free to read anything you'd like, but you cannot post.
Thank you for being part of this community.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello user, SRN is now closed. Feel free to read anything you'd like, but you cannot post.
Thank you for being part of this community.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I call Dibs!

2 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

I call Dibs! - Page 2 Empty Re: I call Dibs!

Post by Shrike Marine Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:35 am

-The second wave hit hard with massive weapons fire being unleashed upon the base, while the enforcers were only capable of fielding a few weapons, they demonstrated that even some of the smallest cybreds could dish out a lot for their size.

heavy weapons fire was once more exchanged between both sides as the two heavier cybreds began a wide flank maneuver, Dibs took left flank while the Head hunter took the right flank, this opened a clear line of fire for the base turrets to strike the incoming hostiles.

The smaller talon that had gone ahead to harass them had managed to flank all the way around them and was now firing directly into their rears, a weak spot for the Cybreds and in fact any real target. 

The second wave pressed one heading for the power auxiliary generator, some stray missiles and laser fire barely scraping by Darken's turret as the powerful hiss and whiz of weapons fire letting him know just how close they really had come to striking the turret he sat in.

"Darken the Cybreds are heading straight for the generator and are now stopping to engage us, you are clear to fire, we are out of the way, drop them before they can harm it."

-As soon as Dibs gave the command a few shots manage to hit the generator although thankfully they were not kill shots, tho the impacts did weaken the power grid, several turrets suddenly fell silent as a result. While now only a handful remained only barely functional due to the hit.-

"Hit detected! the generator is hit! Still online but seeing that a good portion of the turret grid is now offline, eliminate them quickly!"

-Dibs ground to a halt with impressed speed, stopping 165 tons with that speed was quite something, Dibs massive gyro torso swung to the left and targeted a weakened enforcer that the friendly talon had helped damage from the rear, Dibs fired all 4 particle laser cannons at the same time, the combined force was so powerful it punched through the weaker shield and took the enforcers torso clear from its legs, leaving the limbs still standing with out a torso.-
Shrike Marine
Shrike Marine
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolf478 Wed Oct 24, 2018 12:55 am

With a fresh new set of Cybreds unleashing their ordinance upon the base, Darken felt beads of sweat begin to trickle through his fur, the heat of the sun and pressure of the fight nearly proving too much for the fox. But after the last desert experience, it was going to take a lot more than a few monolith robots to break him.

After adjusting a few of the targeting coordinates to compensate for the new batch of incoming attackers, Darken pulled back on the firing handle, causing a barrage of rockets to scream out of the turret above him.

Similar roars of heavy machinery emitted from the other surviving defence systems, a dozen or so of the explosive devices being laid across battlefield in a wide-spread area. With the help of Dibs, the Head-hunter and the Talon, at least one would make their mark.

With series of deep clunks and buzzes, the missile turret had reloaded and was ready to fire. But the Cybreds had moved too far for him to fire immediately and the grey fox would need to adjust the targeting computer again.

But it mattered not, a thundering clap rocked Darken within the turret cockpit, and a several of the lights across the control panel blacked out. With a quick glance outside to see what the source of the sound and movement was, the reality that the main power grid had been damage weighed heavy. A greater portion of defence turrets had gone offline and the turret in which he sat was only barely functional.

"Half the machine has gone offline, and several more are completely silent, but I should be able to keep going." 

He spun the manual locking wheel and worked with the last functional controls in an attempt to aim the turret towards the enemy and not towards Dibs or any of the friendly Cybreds. Nearly flying blind, he tried to calculate where the torpedoes would make impact and pulled back the firing handle, unleashing yet another array of missiles outwards and into the dust cloud of a battlefield.
Wolf478
Wolf478
Staff
Staff

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbJFpfGfur74HDRCDFl7bqg

Back to top Go down

Post by Shrike Marine Wed Oct 24, 2018 11:07 am

-The exchange of weapons fire continued as the defenders desperately tried to hold back the onslaught of mechs pressing the assault, by now the landscape was chard and littered with craters and burning remains of fallen cybreds, a glimpse of what the machines were capable of.

One of the smaller cybreds made a break for it and charged for the grid intent on destroying it to once an for all silence the turret grid. With the sudden exchange of heavy missiles launched by Darken's turret the impact was so severe upon the scorpion its shields failed immediately and both its legs were blown clean off its chassis as its torso smashes into the ground kicking up a high volume of sand.

The turret grid held thanks to the quick firing of Darken, the head hunter now moves in to attack the last remaining enforcer Cybred which was no match for the much larger machine, it would only take mere seconds for the Head hunter to completely annihilate the medium Cybred almost entirely.

The defenders yet again managed to beat back the second wave. By now it was getting to late afternoon, the sun was starting to set and the situation was still not over.-

The defending Cybreds regrouped back in the center of the base to see what was going to come next.-

"Excellent job, the attackers have been repelled, the turret grid still holds, but barely, I confirm that 6 Cybreds have been neutralized... I think that should be-

Wait hold on, picking up two more contacts approaching from the north, scanning for ID. . . . . . Darken...I hope you ready for a real fight, long range scanners have identified a pair of Hyperion assault class Cybreds heading this way, the Hyperion is the most heavily armed Cybred to date, armed with 9 weapon systems and carries the largest array of missiles then any other class.

I guess they are late because they are not that fast compared to the rest, we are going to need all the fire power you can muster out of the grid, the three of us can no hold out alone against two Hyperion's I was not expecting to see this level of Cybred force from this base but we must destroy them.

Myself and the head hunter will engage in a pincer attack movement on the left and right flank while you engage them from the front, keep in mind that Hyperion shield's are extremely tough so make sure you are as accurate as possible, we will do what we can to draw fire, this is the last battle...lets make it count."

-This looked like to be the final show down, the largest cybreds they have faced yet were heading directly for them and by the sounds of it, these Hyperions were some of the most dangerous in the arsenal, their silhouette was made for intimidation and displayed its weapon systems in full view to show it meant business.

Dibs took right flank while the head hunt took left, the Talon began a wide far flank to begin hit and fade tactics in their rear, upon reaching position, there was about 5 minutes of silence, which felt a hell of a lot longer then 5 minutes, the distant sound of heavy leg actuator and foot steps drawing near until the sound was eclipsed by distant hisses as suddenly a torrent of unguided missile fire reined in from the skies. The friendly Cybreds opened up for the flanks.

The final battle had commenced.-
Shrike Marine
Shrike Marine
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolf478 Sat Nov 03, 2018 1:04 am

With the Ordinance making it's mark upon the Assaulting Cybred, the Bases power grid remained operational for a little while longer, allowing the Fox to prep his next shot as the turret reloaded.

But The Head hunter swiftly took out the enforcer with ease, the mixture of pure mechanical strength and impressive weapons fire making short work of the comparatively minuscule Cybred. Although, compared to Darken, the Cybred was a monolith, regardless of it's class.

With the high intensity of the fight raging on, and the battle-torn structure looming around him, the fox had nearly completely forgotten about the two Hyperion class Cybreds positioned at the base. And if what Dibs said was true, they were going to be two pains in the ass that no other Cybreds could be. 

"Copy that Dibs. Directing power to the remaining turrets."

Darken regretted leaving his pack of gear in the central defence control room, but was grateful for his habit of leaving things in his pocket. A quick delve into the side pocket of the suit and the foxes hand came back with a crude handheld console-like device. Several wires sticking out of a screen with a slap-up pin-pad on the lower section.

He was grateful for the Military grade gloves they had given him as part of the suit as Darken ripped out an exposed wire from the side of the cockpit, haphazardly connecting it to the miniature console and then hooking it back into the wall. 

"Come on baby." 

It took a few seconds for it to flicker to life, but with the approaching Cybreds moving towards the base like dark angels descending from hell, it felt like hours.

A crude wiring network layout appeared on the small screen, showing the cables in the area surrounding him. A series of flicks on the Pin-pad and the power grid would hopefully be focusing all its remaining energy on the last turrets.

"Power redirected, we should be good to-"

His speech was cut short by a volley of missiles reigning down from the heavens. Several made their mark in the dust of the desert, but many more struck the base, obliterating several portions of the thick concrete structure and collapsing several of the last turrets.

With only 6 Turrets left, the original amount had been cut in half, and with such losses only being sustained by an initial shot by the Hyperions, Darken dreaded to think what an Aimed shot would be able to accomplish.

The fox stared in astonishment at the raw firepower of the monstrous Cybreds, unable to imagine what the military would use these beasts for, they could demolish most Empire forces with a single footstep.

But being brought back into reality by the thunderous booming of the robotic legs moving across the desert, Darken's fingers flew across the Turret control panel, carefully adjusting the height and direction of the Missile battery, and having to use the iron-sight of the glass cockpit window to aim.

He pulled back sharply on the firing handle and the sharp roar of the rockets firing up erupted around him, mixed in with the slightly more distant booming of the nearby turrets.
Wolf478
Wolf478
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Shrike Marine Sat Nov 03, 2018 3:58 pm

-The missiles flew high and flew true towards their target destination, screaming and cork screwing towards final impact upon which several massive explosions were sent off as dirt and debris were flung into the air, a hit that would other wise cripple a Cybred, when the smoke settled the Hyperions stood..totally unaffected by the weapons fire.

The shields were so strong they repelled the entire barrage, the machines continued their assault unloading more weapons fire at the defenders, the mightiest of both sides exchanging city devastating level of ordinance against one another.

The Hyperions continued to close as the friendly machines fired back in full fury and might, discharging massive gig blasts of laser fire and screaming volleys of missiles. 

Dibs began to take some heat as weapons fire started to drain his shield quite fast, if they breached the shield dibs was a goner, the head hunter flanked right it was more of a even match for the Hyperion tho the Hyperion still had far greater weapon load. 

Fires began to spring up where explosions had happened as smoke began to rise into the air, the ground becoming a mix of burning debris and craters. The situation was getting out of control the Hyperions clearly had a huge advantage.

"Darken! My shields are not going to hold much longer we have to focus all fire on a single target and destroy it or we all going to perish, focus fire on the Hyperion to the left, full weapon discharge now!"

-Dibs grounded to a halt taking careful aim and unleashing a alpha strike which was the code name for when all weapons are fired at the same time, upon firing the Head hunter who was being engaged reported that its shields were offline as both Hyperions had moved against it.

It held for as long as it could until finally the massive 177 ton machine banked and collapsed into the ground with a almighty thud.- 

"Head hunter is down I repeat head hunter is down, sensors showing that the furthest most right Hyperion shields are weak, fire every thing you got, blow that tin can back to the factory"

-Dibs unloaded every thing he had in one huge expert of concentrated fire, the lone scout talon firing from behind and along with the combined fire from Darkens turret, smashed apart one of the Hyperions as its burning husk crashed into the burning desert with a huge metal thud, no time for rejoicing the second one was closing in and both Dibs and the talon were pressed at bay attempting to destroy it, if it managed to either destroy Dibs or the turret grid..the mission would of a utter failure.- 

"Second Hyperion on the left fire all weapons mark!" 
Shrike Marine
Shrike Marine
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolf478 Sun Nov 11, 2018 11:12 am

The Scene that followed the Barrage of Missiles was one of absolute Chaos, The Hyperion Cybreds were completely unfazed by the weapons fire and they barely even needed to shrug it off. The Ground around them had been completely shredded and great heaps of earth and sand had been thrown out of the ground. 

The Cybreds continued their heavy march towards the Base, like two unstoppable gods stepping across mortal ground, merely deflecting the fire from the Head hunter and from Dibs. As their hundred ton feet ploughed through the earth, like thundering war drums of the Congo, their weapons systems turned to face the defending Cybreds.

A large spray of hydraulic steam masked a volley of rockets and lasers firing towards Dibs, and Darken could see that at this rate it wouldn't be long before they'd all be in some serious trouble.

The obliterated ground beneath their feet did not bother the Hyperions as they continued their stride across the battlefield. And in an instant, they removed their focus from Dibs and both began to fire upon the Head Hunter, who appeared to be the largest threat

He had almost gone deaf from the strain of battle, but when Darken's hearing began to focus again, he heard Dib's Order to Fire.

"Firing now!"

A few adjustments and a yank on the Firing handle and the missiles were away, hurtling towards the two nearly unstoppable monolith robots. They were easily as high as the defence turret in which the grey fox sat, and as they approached, he felt himself becoming insignificant in comparison to these beasts.

After the sustained fire from both Hyperions upon the Head Hunter, the Cybred fell, shaking dust loose from the entire base.

Darken could not let the Cybreds reach the base, and he couldn't let Dibs die... he felt that Dibs deserved to be referred to as a living creature, he could talk exactly like a human, he had a genuine personality, nothing like the Friendly AI developed for the public.

"Dibs, The Missile batteries are running out of ammo, We've only got a few more shot left, and I don't know how much longer the turrets structural integrity will last."

The grey fox spun the locking wheel and prepped the new co-ordinates for firing. And with the Hyperion's robotic legs thumping into the ground, it became hard to see, everything was vibrating and became blurry.

"Firing!"

He pulled back on the firing Handle, sending one of the turrets last shots hurtling into the devastated battlefield.
Wolf478
Wolf478
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Shrike Marine Mon Nov 12, 2018 4:34 pm

-The battle raged on as the second Hyperion discharged volley's of horrific amounts of weapons fire directed to Dibs, the powerful weapons smashing into the shields each blow weakening the shield further and further till the shields were down to a mere 10%.

With the headhunter now out of action the odds heavily swung in favor of the attacker, made all the more worse that Darken had reported that the ammo bays were nearly dry. What ever they were going to do they needed to do it fast. 

Still Dibs stood his ground to face his own kind in direct battle, while the talon flanked behind to engage the Hyperion where the shield was far less concentrated, but even that didn't worry or phase the Hyperion to much. 

If they could bring down the Head Hunter Dibs stood very little chance to match them in combat, tho it didn't deter him from facing the bigger machine tho. 

Dibs suddenly heard Darken over the radio indicating he had launched another barrage, the large gyro torso swings left to see the missiles coming in, then swiveling back to star at the machine baring down on him, he was really close, close enough that the missiles could very well hit him as well, as the missiles made contact the Hyperion unloaded a huge volley of fire intended to put dibs down.

Several massive explosions erupted as dust was flung into the area, there was no response from Dibs, the smoke and debris was thick, but one thing was certain..the Hyperion was still function tho its shields were now down. 

The large forward knee bipedal machine peered through the smoke looking left to right, when the dust began to settle from the explosions...Dibs was not where he was....he was gone....the Hyperion seemed confused, the target had vanished but that was not the truth.

suddenly emerging from the smoke further beyond the Hyperion Dibs appeared, it seemed he had used the explosive power and dusty storm to slip by the Hyperion, flanked it to get on its far left side. 

Dibs wasted no time and fired a single shot the particle laser punched a hole right into the left torso detonating the missiles housed in it, but it was not enough to destroy the massive machine, the Hyperion began to swing its own torso to meet Dibs. 

Dibs then fully unloaded another 3 particle laser blasts into's its center chassis, the large machine took several steps back as the Hyperion finally crashed into the burnt land scale, its flickering blue visor going black.

Suddenly...it was as if some one just turned off the sound of the world...it...stopped..the shooting..the machinery..the explosions..it all stopped, for what seemed like forever nothing but a eery silence fell upon the landscape, just the sound of wind and the fires burning from the husks of fallen Cybreds.-

"Darken....Darken can you hear them.....the Hyperion is down...I say again the Hyperion is down...I have no further radar contacts.....It's over...we did it..we held the base....we fought against impossible odds but we won.....good job.....you can breath a sign of relief now.....meet us out side."

-It was true against horrific odds they managed to stop the Cybreds..tho at a cost..the base was ruined and they had lost a fellow alley in the process. The smaller talon quickly returns to dibs location, as the pair wait for the battle worn fox to emerge outside to see the true after effect of the battle they fought.-
Shrike Marine
Shrike Marine
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolf478 Sun Dec 09, 2018 12:46 pm

Thunder boomed across the Battlefield, the behemoth Cybreds being slammed with high-impact weaponry. A single shot from one of these mechs could easily annihilate an entire Army, but against one of their own it created nothing but a scratch. Flames and smoke licked the sky from the constant stream of explosions and weapon-fire.

The Very foundations of the Base were surely shaking with the amount of force being exerted above. Darken could feel the sway of the Turret and the almost never-ending earthquake taking place outside. 

It was almost like a battle of the Gods. Earth-shattering weaponry being flung like a child's play thing between the giant robots. And even though the missiles from his own battery had landed a hit, Darken had inflicted no damage upon the unstoppable beast.

The amount of Dirt Churning out of the ground had produced a thick cloud of smoke and dust, which made it impossible to see even the great demons that were fighting amongst themselves on the battlefield.

After a moment of Loud thundering and thick smog, a large explosion filled the Fox's vision, completely erasing any of the previous debris that had been obstructing it before. The Flames leapt high into the air, and molten chunks of metal were sent flying in every direction. 

A shock-wave like a tsunami hit the fox, pushing him far into the back of his seat, and slamming his head against the backrest. A wave of Dust and Dirt was flung against the viewing port and once again blocked his vision of the carnage.

But then... Everything went silent. As if all sound had been removed from existence.
Darken yelped, believing his eardrums had burst from the explosion, but after hearing his own exasperation, it struck him that the battle was over.

Surely not? A moment before, it had seemed like it would never end. The Very Earth and Sky had split open, the Planet had stopped it's orbit to witness the hell being unleashed.

But it was, the battle was won.

"I... Dibs I..."

Darken couldn't find the right words, he was out of breath, out of mind, and he found himself unable to speak.

Wordlessly, the fox unbuckled the safety harness, opening the side door as he did so and beginning his decent down the ladder into the defence control room. It was over. The rampant cybreds were gone.

Darken found his feet walking across the terraformed desert that was the battlefield, no human force was able to produce this much wreckage, exact this much carnage. And before long he was standing before Dibs, Unable to speak.
Wolf478
Wolf478
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Shrike Marine Mon Dec 10, 2018 7:45 pm

-Silence fell upon the land, after what seemed like forever in the fury of combat it had finally come to a end, now nothing more then the gentle breeze and the burning husks of the fallen, chard land and craters where ordinance had detonated, man made destruction as its pinnacle.

There was not left to salvage here any more, despite their close victory the base had been trashed, as far as dibs was concern the base was lost, he stood silently watching over where the battle had raged on. 

Swinging his large torso over to the left, he spotted the fox emerged from the ruined and worn turret, seemed worn out, slightly trembling and shook up from what happened, given the situation that had just happened, Dibs could understand why.

"It's over Darken...we stopped the Cybreds, but at a terrible cost...the base is completely trashed, the headhunter didn't make it either. I guess now you see what we are truly capable of.

The destruction we could bring to this world, they created us to fight their wars...gave us artificial intelligence and equipped us with the most power weapons imaginable. I would hate to think what would happen....if the Cybreds turned on Mobius...

I remember the words of of the lead scientist at Vektor engineering say "To defeat mechanical monsters...we created mechanical monsters of our own."  

-While dibs was not fully capable of understanding emotion he had a sense of self image difficulty, he was after all one of them and this is what he and they could do.

Out of the smoke and horizon a Cybred came charging in at lighting speed, its feet making thud sounds as it ran towards them, it was the Talon, he had returned to dibs now that the fight was over. 

The two stood side by side communicating through binary to each other before the Talon proceeded south in the direction they had come to the base from.-

"I'v tasked the Talon to return to the nearest G.U.N base with the intelligence of what happened here, they no doubt are going to demolish this base, salvage what they can and move on...tho the Talon did indicate that 2 Cybreds are still unaccounted for..but we can not go chasing them down...no idea where they are....we did our job..let G.U.N clean this mess up......It's time to go Darken" 

-He said as the Cybred swung his torso over to look down at the fox.-
Shrike Marine
Shrike Marine
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolf478 Sun Dec 16, 2018 2:27 pm

The fox looked back at the base which they had fought to keep. Many parts of it were covered in dirt from the battlefield, oozing thick black smoke or even in some parts belching out flames. It appeared as though their sacrifice would have been in vain, if not for the destruction of the Rogue Cybreds.

He stared at the ruined command centre, and the exposed generator, the primary objective of the fight had been failed, but something far worse had been prevented. As he watched, the Turret which he had spent a great deal of the fight inside toppled over, billowing up large plumes of dust in it's wake. 

Darken looked up at the large assault robot, feeling a little bit more comfortable around Dibs, but with a new fear to tackle of the sheer firepower and destructive capability that not only he, but all Cybreds could unleash.

He was about to talk to the large behemoth, but as he did so, all he could manage was a sharp cough, and he realised his mouth was dry and had managed to collect some dust from the fight.

After gathering some Moisture, at least enough to speak, he once again looked up at the great Cybred. 

"Indeed Dibs, I now know the power you hold. Those are wise words, I think that it also applies to us too, Humans and Mobians. We create monsters of every kind to defeat what we believe to be monsters. I have seen some things Dibs, today is one of the many things I will not forget."

"Hopefully the remaining 2 Cybreds will be hunted down and destroyed along with the ones we've taken down today."

He nodded at Dibs, it had been quite an experience for the fox, and perhaps it had been for the Cybred too. The sheer firepower and force that the mechs were able to exert was not something he would be soon to forget. 

While today he also learned of the terror of these machines, he also witnessed first-hand the great potential for good that they were capable of.
Wolf478
Wolf478
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Shrike Marine Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:47 am

-With that said Dibs swung himself over with each mechanical leg, making the iconic sounds that only Cybred systems could make, and began to march off, hopefully with Darken by his side, they would leave behind the racket remains of the fallen base.

Indeed such carnage could never be forgotten so quickly by living eyes, the true extent of force was demonstrated, the force that was built to fight the empire at every turn to deliver a devastating blow to cripple the machines of his armada before they had a chance to ever harm the worlds population.

In a sense the Cybreds were slaves to war, created to fight and only fight, but given the AI to see more beyond that horizon but lacking the means to venture from it. 

Who know's what the future held, but perhaps in times ahead Dibs and Darken would once more cross paths, hopefully on a more peaceful encounter.
Shrike Marine
Shrike Marine
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2