Hello user, SRN is now closed. Feel free to read anything you'd like, but you cannot post.
Thank you for being part of this community.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello user, SRN is now closed. Feel free to read anything you'd like, but you cannot post.
Thank you for being part of this community.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An Unlikely Alliance (1X1)

2 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

An Unlikely Alliance (1X1) Empty An Unlikely Alliance (1X1)

Post by CherriesAndBerries Tue Jul 10, 2018 3:08 am

Bumble dashed into one of the alleyways between two large apartment complexes right in the middle of Station Square, pressing his back against the wall and trying to at least catch his breath - he'd never had to run so far and so fast before in his life...

"This... this can't be happening...!" He said to himself, looking over at the street and seeing several humans and Mobians fleeing for their lives, screaming, tripping over themselves, scrambling to hide behind whatever they could find... only to have whatever barriers shielding them destroyed by the laserbeams of Eggman's robots.

It all happened so fast... one minute he was just minding his own business, enjoying lunch in the Burger Shop... the next thing, it was a full-scale attack on the city by Eggman and his forces. Bumble barely had time to escape the small restaurant before an entire swarm of robots had entered and destroyed almost everything... and everyone inside.

He watched in fear, eyes wide as saucers, as the robot made their way past the alleyway to continue their destruction. It was either an act of fate or luck that none of the robots tried to look down the alleyway where he was hiding, which at least gave him a brief second to close his eyes and breathe a temporary sigh of relief.

"I... I gotta get back home...!" He said, turning towards the opposite end of the alleyway. "Mom... dad... I-I hope they're alright!" He exclaimed, pushing himself off of the wall and darting down the alleyway as fast as he could. If Eggman's robots had somehow made it to his house downtown... he couldn't think about it. He wouldn't think about it.

They were fine. They had to be.
CherriesAndBerries
CherriesAndBerries
Basic Member
Basic Member

Back to top Go down

An Unlikely Alliance (1X1) Empty Re: An Unlikely Alliance (1X1)

Post by DeltaGear Tue Jul 10, 2018 3:31 am

The sound of gunfire was consistent throughout the city. However this was joined by the sound of plasma fire and th he classic sound of an accelerating Hedgehog. But this didn't belong to the true blue hero Sonic, but instead a speedy green bot.

He dashed through bot after bot and tore through groups with his plasma blasts. Freedom troops were not to far behind him as he cleared the way and diverted attention to himself to give civilians and troops time to collect and evacuate.

"Gotta lead these guys farther away... can't keep it up forever though... my engine can't take this constant strain of plasma usage..."

He continued to run as he began to clear out more bots and took on more foes, his engine beginning to smoke as he pushed his himself further. Soon he reached a set of alleyways away from the fighting. There was a hiss as his engine port opened and vented the extra heat.

Last edited by DeltaGear on Tue Jul 10, 2018 8:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
DeltaGear
DeltaGear
Master Member
Master Member

Back to top Go down

Post by CherriesAndBerries Tue Jul 10, 2018 7:40 pm

As Bumble kept on running down the alleyway, he heard what sounded like a strange hissing sound coming from one of the adjacent alleyways... the one that was coming up on his right.

He slammed himself against the wall once again, swallowing the massive gulp in his throat - what if it was another one of Eggman's robots?

"Okay.. okay... g-gotta stay calm, gotta stay... c-calm..." He mumbled, turning his head towards the edge of the wall and leaning over juuust enough so that he could peek his head around the corner and hopefully not be spotted.

What he saw... wasn't one of Eggman's standard robot henchmen, oh no. That is, unless he was starting to design his minions in the shape of hedgehogs.

...huh? He thought to himself as he looked at the strange robot that had what appeared to be steam venting out of his body - it didn't look like that robot was particularly 'new'...

And old robot... in the shape of... S-Sonic? He thought to himself. He had no real firsthand experience with Eggman but from what he knew of the crazy scientist and his relationship with Sonic, it didn't really make sense that he'd start designing robots that looked anything like his arch-nemesis.
CherriesAndBerries
CherriesAndBerries
Basic Member
Basic Member

Back to top Go down

Post by DeltaGear Tue Jul 10, 2018 8:28 pm

There was a click as gears port closed and he stood up, slightly refreshed. He put his hand to side of his head as he radioed in to mission control.

"This is Gear, reporting in for check up. I've made several dashes through the city, no sign of any more civilians in this section. Moving on to next to search for survivors."

Gear then began to stretch a bit as he got ready to move out.

"Lets just hope i can find and rescue before Eggmans forces can do anything."
DeltaGear
DeltaGear
Master Member
Master Member

Back to top Go down

Post by CherriesAndBerries Wed Jul 11, 2018 3:12 pm

So... this robot guy... he isn't with Eggman's forces at all? The bear thought as he listened in, leaning over a bit more, inch by inch. He's actually trying to find and help... survivors...?

That inch-by-inch leaning... eventually turned out to be a bit too much, as the bear rather clumsily fell forward and ended up almost faceplanting on the ground with a thud.

"O-ow..." He groaned as he furrowed his brows and mentally kicked himself for being such a klutz. As he got himself onto an all-fours position, his eyes suddenly widened upon the realization that he'd just fallen right out... in perfect view of the robotic hedgehog.

"Uh oh..." He said, swallowing the lump in his throat as he turned to look over at the robot and HOPED with all of his heart that he'd actually heard what he thought he heard, and that this guy wasn't actually on Eggman's side.
CherriesAndBerries
CherriesAndBerries
Basic Member
Basic Member

Back to top Go down

Post by DeltaGear Wed Jul 11, 2018 8:31 pm

Gear was just about to dash off as he heard a sound behind him. On instinct he spun around, eyes flicking to red, his chest port glowing with a primitive charge shot. He stopped however as he realized that it wasn't a bit and instead a civilian.

"O-oh... sorry about that,"

His eyes flicked backto green as he stood upright and dismissed the charge, walking over and holding out his hand.

"Surprised me there. Didn't mean to go on the offensive like that..."

Gears personality and movements were positive and upbeat. The ring in his chest glinted in the sunlight.

"Names Gear, Gear the MechaMetal, nice to meet you."
DeltaGear
DeltaGear
Master Member
Master Member

Back to top Go down

Post by CherriesAndBerries Thu Jul 12, 2018 3:13 pm

Bumble stared at the robot's outstretched hand for a few seconds in disbelief and caution, before flicking his unsure gaze up at his face...

...and took hold of it, using the robot's grip to help pull himself to his feet.

"N-nice to meet you.. too..." the bear replied, looking him up and down - truth be told, now that he got a better look at him... this Gear robot didn't seem all that dangerous. And he certainly didn't seem evil at all - Eggman's robots weren't exactly known be be helpful or merciful when dealing with innocent civilians.

"Y-you're not... one of... Eggman's... y-you know...?" He asked, still a little doubtful. Observing Gear a lot more in-depth... the robot's body looked much more decrepit and old than Bumble originally thought. He didn't figure Eggman would keep around old or outdated robots for use, no.. the crazy doctor would probably just scrap them and build a brand new shiny model.
CherriesAndBerries
CherriesAndBerries
Basic Member
Basic Member

Back to top Go down

Post by DeltaGear Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:35 pm

Gear grinned as he looked himself up and down.

"Well... unless he learn how to make living Mechas like me 100 plus years before he was born... yeah... definitely not one of Eggmans,"

The sound of explosions and fighting in the distance broke the greeting moment. Gear got a concerned look as he checked down the street for a clear way to escape.

"Alright... we can out of here and down to evacuate I can have some friends beam us out," Gear held out his hand, "You ready? Cause we need to get outta here."
DeltaGear
DeltaGear
Master Member
Master Member

Back to top Go down

Post by CherriesAndBerries Fri Jul 13, 2018 3:44 pm

Bumble looked down at Gear's outstretched hand... and had to think for a second. He was right, of course, they HAD to get out of there - the increasingly loud sounds of explosions, fighting, and chaos were proof of that.

But... what about his parents? He had no way of knowing if they were still home, if they'd gotten to safety, or if...

...no, he couldn't allow himself to think that way.

His parents were both smart and tough, with his dad being a retired police officer and his mother a nurse who'd taken care of the wounded in war-torn areas far away from Station Square. They would know what to do in a crisis...

They had to know...

"A-alright, I'm ready.. just..." He replied, reaching a hand out to take the robot's hand as his facial expression turned into one of desperation and worry. "I-I need to check on my parents. Their house isn't far from here, and I-I gotta know if they're alright! Please, will you take me to them...?"
CherriesAndBerries
CherriesAndBerries
Basic Member
Basic Member

Back to top Go down

Post by DeltaGear Fri Jul 13, 2018 4:26 pm

"No problem! Now... hold on tight,"

Gear gave a wink as he took his hand... only to sweep him up in his arms in a bridal carry. With a burst of speed and a rev his engine burst to life as he shot out of the allyway and down the street towards Bumbles house.

"Sorry to surprise you like this," Gear s as id as he expertly dodged and dashed along streets, walls, and down the nearly completely destroyed city, "But we had to get moving, just hold on and enjoy the flight. This has been your pilot, have a nice day, " he gave a wink as he continued dashing along, an upbeat Tune playing from his audio speaker's.
DeltaGear
DeltaGear
Master Member
Master Member

Back to top Go down

Post by CherriesAndBerries Sat Jul 14, 2018 9:05 pm

(Love that tune that Gear's playing xD)

"Wh-whoa! Hey!!" The bear exclaimed in genuine surprise as he was suddenly swept off his feet and was rushed down the street at a speed he'd never experienced before, holding onto the robot's neck as best he could out of fear of falling. He definitely wasn't expecting the robot to do that at all!

He figured hey, he'd just run alongside him or behind him or something... nope, he was being carried like a blushing bride or something!

After Bumble finally got enough of his bearings to realize where they were headed, he scanned the road ahead of them and took sight of all of the poor people and Mobians fleeing for their lives, huddled behind things for shelter, trying to rescue injured comrades... why? Why would Eggman do this to Station Square of all places?

Past all of the insanity, he saw the turn-off onto the street where his house was.

"Th-there!" He said loudly enough to overcome the rushing wind darting past his ears. "Turn left at the intersection, it's the small blue house with the bent mailbox!"
CherriesAndBerries
CherriesAndBerries
Basic Member
Basic Member

Back to top Go down

Post by DeltaGear Sun Jul 15, 2018 3:36 pm

Gear dashed along holding onto bumble as he navigated with ease. Hopefully the rescue and response teams woukd make it in time.

Hearing Bumble call out and point out the house Gear neatly skirted the corner and arrived at the destination, stopping on the front yard.

"We made it. Quick, do what you need to we don't have much time,"

Gear stated as he sat down his passenger. Gear himself fell on his but as once again his engine opened up to vent.

"I really need to get checked up on... my body can't take this anymore.."
DeltaGear
DeltaGear
Master Member
Master Member

Back to top Go down

Post by CherriesAndBerries Sun Jul 15, 2018 11:42 pm

Bumble looked back at the robot who'd fell down after setting him down, concern spreading all over his face. The poor robot... his body looked so old and decrepit, yet he was out helping the people of Station Square get to safety...

"I-I will...!" He reassured him. "I won't take long, I promise!"

With that, he ran into his family's small house and started searching around in every single room for any sign of his parents - no matter where he looked, though... they were nowhere to be found.

"...w-wait... the car!" He exclaimed, rushing out of the house (after first grabbing his cell phone that he'd left at the house earlier before going out) and into the front yard - he'd completely forgotten about the garage!

When he finally got to it, he saw that the door was open and the family car was missing - that meant that his parents had gotten in and taken the car to try and get to safety.

"...th-they must've figured they could cover more ground in the car!" He said, letting out a slight sigh of relief. This, of course, didn't mean that they were safe... but at least it meant that Eggman's robots hadn't dragged them out of their house, or even worse...

Now that I've got my phone with me, I can try to reach both of them... he thought to himself, turning his attention back to the robot on the ground and frowning sadly. ...but first, I really need to help this poor guy get out of here!

He rushed back over to the robot. "I-I'm done! They're not here... but they took the car, so that must mean they could've gotten to safety, right? A-and I didn't see their cell phones in their bedroom, so that means they took them too, right!"
CherriesAndBerries
CherriesAndBerries
Basic Member
Basic Member

Back to top Go down

Post by DeltaGear Mon Jul 16, 2018 9:26 pm

"Alright, let's get you to my base with my team. From there we can hook up with the resistance."

Gear stood up and once again streched. His engine port closing as he prepared to get moving. Suddenly explosions bombarded the area around them. It was Eggmans war ships, they had arrived.

Gear scooped up Bumble and and burned out of there, unfortunately there was nowhere to run. They had no escape route.

"Scrap... alright hold on... we are going to have to fight our way out," Gear sat him down as several of the eggpawns dropped around them, "Can you fight?"
DeltaGear
DeltaGear
Master Member
Master Member

Back to top Go down

Post by CherriesAndBerries Tue Jul 17, 2018 11:26 pm

After being set down, Bumble looked around at the eggpawns as several of them began to swarm around them in a semicircle - this wasn't good! Not good at all!

Still... he wasn't going to go down without a fight! He couldn't!

He raised his fists in a defensive stance, furrowing his eyebrows and nodding in response to the robot's question. "I-I can fight... yeah... I'm not giving up that easily!" He added, trying to muster as much confidence as he can.... even though his voice was a bit shaky. He'd never done anything like this before, so he was naturally kind of scared...

...but that didn't matter when one of the robots charged right at him, throwing it's robotic fist out towards him... which he caught in the palm of his hand, much to his own surprise!

D-did I really just do that?! He thought to himself, looking down at his hand holding the robot's fist... and then reared his other fist back before bringing it forward in a mighty punch that actually sent the robot flying backwards into ANOTHER robot, taking both of them out as they hit the ground and malfunctioned just enough to explode.
CherriesAndBerries
CherriesAndBerries
Basic Member
Basic Member

Back to top Go down

Post by DeltaGear Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:38 am

"That's the spirit!"

Gear said as he multi-targeted several bots with his homing attack, taking them out. He proceeded to use his boxing fighting style in conjunction with his speed to proceed systematically taking down more bots.

"Keep it up. I'm trying to contact a friend to bail us out. You could say she's out of this world... plys she's the only one with a teleporter..."

Gear smiled sheepishly as he drop kicked another Egg-pawn.
DeltaGear
DeltaGear
Master Member
Master Member

Back to top Go down

Post by CherriesAndBerries Fri Jul 20, 2018 3:49 am

"A... teleporter?" Bumble asked, looking over his shoulder at the robot after blocking another eggpawn's punch. He flipped the offending robot over with ease and then immediately jumped out of the way of a laser that another one had aimed at him.

"Gah!!" He cried out as he landed on the ground, rolling around to get out of the way of the eggpawn's repeated laser shots. Luckily, he was able to maneuver himself over to it's location and sweep it's legs, knocking it down and onto it's back.

Which gave him the perfect opportunity to punch a hole right through it's gut, which was enough to take it out completely with several electric whizzes and whirs before it finally deactivated.

"These guys aren't.. as tough as I thought they'd be!" He remarked, putting his dukes back up as he turned to face another robot... although now he was feeling far more confident after successfully taking down a couple of them!
CherriesAndBerries
CherriesAndBerries
Basic Member
Basic Member

Back to top Go down

Post by DeltaGear Fri Jul 20, 2018 7:28 pm

"Don't know why Eggman didn't stick to his original Egg-pawns. These ones are super flimsy and poor quality."

Gear said as he proceeded to bash in a few more bots, parts flying everywhere. He continued trying to pick up his friend on comms but with little luck. He continued fighting until there was a sudden Explosion as Eggmans ships arrived Above them, dropping even more troops as the town's people fled and police and other emergency response team continued trying to help evacuate and defend.
DeltaGear
DeltaGear
Master Member
Master Member

Back to top Go down

Post by CherriesAndBerries Sat Jul 21, 2018 5:00 pm

Bumble knelt down and covered his ears when the explosion from above came, being caught off-guard by it for a bit. He opened his eyes after a few seconds and looked up, seeing even more eggpawns descending on Station Square.

"Uh oh..." He said, standing back up and looking around at all of them. It was good that the police were helping several of the townspeople... but at this rate, they'd be overwhelmed pretty soon. "Even if they're flimsy, there's so many of them! W-we'll be swarmed at this rate!"
CherriesAndBerries
CherriesAndBerries
Basic Member
Basic Member

Back to top Go down

Post by DeltaGear Sat Jul 21, 2018 10:20 pm

Just when it seemed like their wasn't any hope another set of explosions dotted the sky. But these ones weren't from eggman, instead another group of ships seemed to shimmer into existence and descend upon the egg-fleet.

"We got your S.O.S Gear," came a voice over his comms, "The Yrvx have arrived to assist."

With a war cry, groups of the reptilian/bug like aliens dropped down. Tearing through the hordes of robots and assisting with exact. Within moments there were Yrvxian escape ships shuttlliing out civilians and personnel.

"We can't stay long, there are Death egg robots heading this way and we do not have the firepower or military strength to beat them. Board a ship and we will shuttle you to my mother ship. From there we can beam you back to your friends."

Gear smiled as he proceeded to kick a pawn into a wall as the yrvx warriors dropped the two and started cleaning up what enemies were left.

"Thank you Lyra. Couldn't have picked a better moment," Gear turned to Bumble, "Don't worry, they are on our side. Let's get to a transport before we get more Egg forces on us. From there maybe we can locate your family."
DeltaGear
DeltaGear
Master Member
Master Member

Back to top Go down

Post by CherriesAndBerries Sun Jul 22, 2018 5:25 am

Bumble just... watched in awe as an entirely strange-looking group of aliens suddenly arrived, as if by divine intervention or something, and made easy work of the remaining eggpawns in the area - a drastic difference from his and Gear's efforts. He'd never seen anything like it before... even when Sonic the Hedgehog was saving the day and taking down one of Eggman's robots or Eggman himself, it was never on such a grand scope!

He looked back over at Gear and nodded, figuring that this guy knew what he was talking about - these guys clearly weren't the bad guys here as they were all around them, helping the townspeople to safety and still tearing through all of Eggman's forces.

"R-right, sure thing!" The bear replied, looking around for... well, whatever a 'transport' was! "Wh-where is this.. transport?!"
CherriesAndBerries
CherriesAndBerries
Basic Member
Basic Member

Back to top Go down

Post by DeltaGear Mon Jul 23, 2018 8:44 pm

Gear grinned as he motioned to an awaiting ship just head of them. Reptilian in design made it clear it was of Yrvxian origin. Climbing aboard the two would be greeted by the pilot who was standing in the central area of the helm, a collection of what seemed like cords connected into It's spine.

After a moment they lifted off in the small ship and it sailed off at incredibly speed but oddly enough Gear nore Bumble would feel the acceleration. Smooth and silent flight. A moment later the scale-like tiles became transparent and allowed the two to see the city far below them, ravaged by the attack.

"That darn Eggman... it's just like Razor all over again..."

In moments they broke the clouds and it revealed a large alien ship semi-cloaked in the sky. Various ships and other defenses swarming around it. Soon entering the docking bay and landing.

Hoping out Gear stretched his arms and legs, a goofy grin on his face.

"Good'ol Lyra, thanks for the help," he said as he turned to an approaching group.

"The pleasure was all mine Gear. And please, it Livxy when I'm like this."

Bumble would see a rather tall female Yrvx, obviously the leader and standing a good foot above Gear and him both. Her body had many regal marks and she was wearing a gold-ish armor set that glowed with a yellow highlights.
DeltaGear
DeltaGear
Master Member
Master Member

Back to top Go down

Post by CherriesAndBerries Wed Jul 25, 2018 6:51 am

Bumble was, well... awestruck was really the only word that matched how he was feeling as he stepped onto the strange alien ship and they just ventured onward in the air - he couldn't help but look out of any available windows he could possibly find, or down beneath his feet at the sky and ground beneath the see-through bottom of the ship. 

He'd never seen anything like it in his entire life... ever. He'd spent his entire life in Station Square and other than a few of Eggman's takeover attempts that Sonic and his friends always easily foiled, his life was pretty ordinary.

Standing on an alien ship, face-to-face with strange creatures that he'd never seen before... was anything but ordinary to say the least!

After listening to Gear and the Livxy speak, he realized that it was time to introduce himself. He coughed and gave the tall alien woman a slight head-bow accompanied by a shy wave.

"H-hello... nice to meet you. I, uh, I can't thank you enough for showing up when you did and, y'know, saving our butts!" He spoke, legitimately grateful that they'd arrived when they did. "My name's Bumble, by the way!"
CherriesAndBerries
CherriesAndBerries
Basic Member
Basic Member

Back to top Go down

Post by DeltaGear Thu Jul 26, 2018 4:23 pm

Livxy smiled sweetly as she bent down and patted Bumble on the head, although her eyes had no decerable pupils they still showed kindness and caring.

"Thank ymg', lw'nafhnah ehye. Thank you young one, I was glad we made it in time." she said, her voice sounding as if many were talking at once, "I'm also happy we were able to rescue so many from the attack...

After a moment of talking Gear got a quick check up and prepared himself again, his green eyes beaming with new energy.

"Alright... do you know where the rest of the resistance is? I've been playing messenger and connecting cells of resistance forces trying to get us to rally and join up. Would you happen to know of any others Livxy?"

She thought for a moment, leading the both of them to the bridge as she consulted her navigators and other Yrvxfor information.

Turning to the two she answered, 

"Yes, there is a group in the Park avenue section of the city. Shall I beam you there?"

Gear gave a thumbs up, "Sure thing, we need all the help we can get."

Turning to Bumble, Gear gave a questioning look,

"How about you? You can stay here on the ship and get to safety with the Yrvx if you want. Or you can come with, i could use the help if you feel like helping the resistance."
DeltaGear
DeltaGear
Master Member
Master Member

Back to top Go down

Post by CherriesAndBerries Sun Jul 29, 2018 7:40 am

When Gear posed the question to him, Bumble really had to think about it... whoever these Yrvx were, they seemed more than capable of dealing with whatever Eggman could throw at them, so he would definitely be safe with them.

On the other hand... Eggman was hurting so many people, destroying so many innocent lives, leveling entire cities no doubt... how could he just sit by and allow that to take place? Sure, he wasn't the strongest or most skilled guy out there... but he surprised himself by proving that he COULD hold his own against Eggman's bots. Surely he could be of some use, right? Help some people, take down some baddies...

He looked down as he thought about it... and about his parents. They always told him to not be afraid... to be brave, to have more faith, to realize that he was more capable than he thought...

He looked up and balled a hand into a fist, furrowing his brow in determination. He knew what he had to do.

"I-I wanna help! I can't just sit by and let Eggman get away with this!" He replied, nodding. "I...I might not be really powerful or skilled, but I CAN do something at least!"
CherriesAndBerries
CherriesAndBerries
Basic Member
Basic Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum