Hello user, SRN is now closed. Feel free to read anything you'd like, but you cannot post.
Thank you for being part of this community.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello user, SRN is now closed. Feel free to read anything you'd like, but you cannot post.
Thank you for being part of this community.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nightime in Station Square

2 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Nightime in Station Square - Page 2 Empty Re: Nightime in Station Square

Post by Shrike Marine Wed Jul 11, 2018 7:13 pm

-You could say he some times forgot about every thing when he stared long and far into the horizon, gave him something other to think about then the constant worry or where he was going to have to go next, what or if the job was there and so many other things he stressed about, for here and now he didn't have to worry. 

Tho he did wonder what she was up to in the other room, Shrike thought to himself a bit about certain things, just mere thoughts of the situations and didn't try to dwell on it, something was brewing in his mind tho.

"Yea, sure is, ain't never seen it quite like this before, kinda....kinda makes you feel...at ease, don't have to worry about much of any thing."

-He said responding to her remark of the view, he had some pretty interesting places during his travel, but didn't realize his old home held such ones as these.

She then began to ask about food, Shrike was alright, tho he would never turn it down he felt like he had to, not because he didn't want to eat what she made but, it would involve him doing something he felt almost fear of doing....taking off the helmet around others, while he did it all the time while on his own, he never dared doing it next to some one else, simply didn't have the courage to do it.-

"Uh, thanks but no thanks, I'm feeling alright..you..you can fix yourself something I'll be alright trust me."

-Now offering food to him, this felt like a whole new level.-
Shrike Marine
Shrike Marine
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by TheBardPrincess Thu Jul 12, 2018 1:59 pm

Bonnie just wanted her new guest comfortable, and wouldn't force him if he didn't want it.
But it seemed like he had other reasons than just not being hungry...
"Alright then, Shrike," she had slowly been getting use to saying his name, though she always wanted to default to 'sir' out of respect, "let me know if you change your mind."

She went into the kitchen, made some noodles, giving him time to look out the window some more and just relax.

Bonnie's tail softly swayed behind her, happy to be helping someone. Seeing him look out that window felt wonderful... He was at peace.
After almost burning her noodles, lost in thought, her concerns of 'doing too much' came about again, not wanting to push him away or upset him by being too nice.
She was wondering if he would stay... She wouldn't force him to leave. She was sure she could handle it.

After a bit of her awkward self-reflection on her current feelings, upset with herself, she sat down on the couch with a big bowl of noodles and turned on the TV. She was quick to lower the volume a small bit as she didn't want to bother Shrike. It was set to some cartoon channel.
TheBardPrincess
TheBardPrincess
Staff
Staff

http://pyrode.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Shrike Marine Thu Jul 12, 2018 4:47 pm

-Shrikes thoughts wondered a bit, something was eating at the back of his mind, he avoided a question earlier asking him "Why" He was where he was, what drove him from his home, and why he ended up the way he did, a very good question but with a dark answer that he was not certain she would understand or perhaps be terrified of, tho it seemed like he owed her that much for all the hospitality she was giving him. 

Shrike had all the memory data stored in the helmet, all that he needed was a simple link USB cable and of course direct input into a visual device, probably a TV or something, videos directly captured from the helmet could explain in far more detail then words alone. 

By this time she had returned to the room and set herself down on the couch with something to eat, several more moments passed until Shrike turned back to face her, slowly strolling nearer to her.- 

"I just wanna say thank you for all you did for me, no one else out there seemed to really care, I kinda lost a bit a faith in the world, but you seem to have restored a little bit more for me for what you did...tho I do think you need to know the answer for the question you had for me earlier...what happened, I can show you it.

My helmet has stored video recorded data about what happened 4 years ago, it will explain every thing if you wish to see it...all I need is a USB cable and a plug int to a display device, like a TV or a lap top, there you can see every thing I saw."

-He wasn't sure if she wanted to any more, but he felt like he needed to at least try.-
Shrike Marine
Shrike Marine
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by TheBardPrincess Fri Jul 13, 2018 5:29 pm

She was caught off guard by Shrike's words. She nodded, before swallowing the noodles currently in her mouth as she looked up at him.

"O- o- oh... You're very much welcome. It's sad to hear not many are willing to help you... but I guess it's my thing. Like it's... my purpose, I guess, to be there for people."

She sat with her feet pressed against each other, notable with the two-toed trait of all Mobians, the chubby wolf holding the bowl within the space made between her legs by her feet, a fork out if the bowl and her fluffy curled around by her side. 
Her ears fell slightly as he mentioned he could show her what happened. She was unsure if she wanted to see, but didn't want to lose his trust by acting like she didn't care. She just knew it'd be a lot to take in, since he couldn't just tell her apparently.
She grabbed her bowl, sitting properly for a moment before standing, placing it down and looking around the drawers below her TV for a wire he could use, pulling out a few since she wasn't fully sure which ones he needed for this.

"Are you sure about this... You seem very hesitant to do this, you don't have to if you don't want to... I don't need to see it.", she explained as she handed the wires to him for him to make his decision.
TheBardPrincess
TheBardPrincess
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Shrike Marine Fri Jul 13, 2018 7:34 pm

-He knew it may shock her, but at least he could stop hiding from never giving a answer to any one, perhaps now people should know it, instead of be left in the dark.

Shrike messed around with a few cables for a moment, picking out the one that connected directly to the side of his helmet, following the cable back to the TV, where he promptly plugged it into it.

As soon as he did the Screen went black for a moment, suddenly a screen appeared that looked like a logo of G.U.N on it, on the top of the screen it said in bold blue letters.

"G.U.N military software memory data."

-Shrike cycled down to the exact date of when it happened, how strange, it was exactly 4 years today when it happened, the title of the video was simply saved under "Crisis at ArkGate." Shrike selected the video and let it run its course, Shrike sat back on the couch as it began.-

When the visuals came on, Bonnie could see exactly what Shrike saw, as if she was looking through his eyes, in front of him was another G.U.N soldier and same behind him, red alert lights were flickering above and the sounds of a emergency distress siren blasted off, his commanding officer shouting at the lot to "Move in! GO GO GO!" 

The same figure dressed very similarly to Shrike grabbed Shrikes shoulder pulling him aside unlike the rest, the different was this soldier was at the rank of Captain and probably leader of the formation.-

"Shrike...I need you to safe guard the armory, what ever is happening down there, if they are terrorists we can't afford them taking this, its vital you guard it, we will keep in contact."

"Yes sir I understand sir!" 

-The video continued with Shrike staying inside the base armory, the facility had thick metal wars and dim lights, lots of dark places and sounds. 5-6 mins pass until suddenly things begin to develop.-

"Sir I am picking up strange sounds coming up ahead."

"Keep moving, weapons ready we still don't know what we are up against."

-Then suddenly gun fire erupts, screaming and shouting coming over the radios.- 

"WHAT THE HELL IS THAT!!"

"All units open fire!"

-Gun fire goes berserk, Shrike could only watch on small screens of cameras as the G.U.N soldiers blaze away at what ever they saw, soon tho it seemed like the firepower had destroyed most of the cameras, video feed was lost on the consoles and only sounds could be heard across the radio 

"Command HQ we are under attack by a unknown enemy force I repeat we are under attack by a unknown enemy force!"

"WHAT THE HELL ARE THESE THINGS!"

"THEY ARE ALL OVER US WHAT DO WE DO!?"

"JUST SHOOT!" 

-Horrific sounds of roars, screams and shouts were crossing with horrific weapons fire, it sounded like total hell- 

"FALL BACK! ABANDON POSITIONS AND PULL BACK!" 

"THEY COMING IN FROM EVERY WHERE!" 

-The Desperation turned to screams as slowly the soldiers were heard dying, cut to shreds by what ever it was they were fighting off, screams for help cutting short until suddenly....radio silence. Shrike desperately tries to get hold of any one, but the radio stayed silent. Shrike sat on the seat his hands visibly shaking....moments passed until a radio called came through...a survivor? The figure explained that his name was Dr Lysander and was held up in a room not to far off, saying he could help stop what was taking place.

Shrike got himself up and grabbed as many weapons and ammo as he possibly could, he left the confines of the armory and headed directly to the doctor, once there Lysander explained that a experimentation with dimension travel technology had gone horribly wrong, breaching a rift between Mobius and another, he said the creatures are all around and all they seek is to destroy and kill. 

Lysander explained that the only way to stop this developing further was to shut down the source, the Arkgate, located further into the facility, it was that or be wiped out like every one else inside the complex, having no choice both Shrike and Lysander armed them self for what was to come. 

Bonnie would be able to see Shrike and Lysander head down the first corridor, it was poorly lit, dark and spooky, on the floor were several mobian staff who were torn to shreds by the creatures, slowly the two moved, the sounds of creatures and the base brought a hair raising tense feeling. 

The guttural sound of a powerful creature down the hall way told them...."here they come." From the darkness bright burning red and blue eyes came out, horrific looking creatures of all kinds, Shrike and Lysander began to blast their way down corridor after corridor. 

Things seemed to be going alright for them until a door sealed behind Shrike splitting the two up, he banged on it in desperation.

"Lysander! Lysander! whats going on!?"

"Facility lock down! Ah shit, I have to get back to the main control room and over ride it, Shrike...you going to have to finish this...on your own..Im sorry."

-Lysanders foot steps end into the distance as Shrike slowly turned back, now he was alone against the nightmare, lifting his head in front of him, Shrike pressed on, behind every corner, behind every door...they were and Shrike gunned them own. 

A few close encounters almost got him, one where a creature leaped out of the dark knocking him to the ground, just before the creature could sink its claws into him, he smacked it against the side of the head with the back of his weapon before shooting it. 

Shrike pressed on his heart beat heard, his breaths ramping up, turning the next corner and then another until coming to a direct stop, there in a long corridor with red lighting above, lay his former squad members, dead, torn apart and burnt. 

Shrike slowly moved ahead looking at the remains of his former friends, you could hear the fear in his breaths, the horror and shock at what he was seeing, but he pressed on non the less, now fueled by anger for what had happened.

The video continued with him fighting down corridor after corridor until things got a bit more silent and spooky, noises all around but not a creature in sight, voices coming and going, the sounds of despair and sadness, what kind of hell did they let in, suddenly a dark voice came out."

"Making progress soldier?...Your Journey is futile...Look around you trooper.every one is gone and soon you will join them...."

-The voice was gone, who ever or what ever it was sounded powerful, Shrike would eventually read a door, he gazed up and the door logo said "Classified experimental tech." 

-Upon entering Shrike saw with his own eyes the device that had caused this, a massive round rift gate, with a red like energy burning in its center, at that moment Lysander came over the radio.- 

"Shrike!..I'v manage to override the main lock down, from the feed I see you finally found the Gate...you need to get down to it and hit the deactivate switch, that will shut this gate down and end this nightmare..Hurry! before more come through!"

-Shrike headed in, making his way down ramp after ramp to reach the large machine, he stared into it for a moment, it was like he could see another world on the other side, He moved in and slammed the button, the gate began to shut, but not before a 10 foot tall monster got through, It was powerful looking, burning green eyes, 4 arms and 2 powerful legs, its head styled like warped human. 

Shrike went crazy, firing away with his rifle, it only slightly hurt this monster, it on the hand seemed to cast balls of dark blue heated fire at him, Shrike had to bob and weave between its projectiles, spending to much time on trying to dodge, he failed to see its one arm, from his point it came out of no where and sent him colliding against a steel metal plated wall, the beast came charging in for the kill, Shrike raised his weapon, hitting a button on it, as the beast came in a thud was heard from the weapon and suddenly a explosion, when the smoke settled, the creature had been blown in two...looking up..the gate way finally shut, the sounds of horror stopped as did the voices. 

Shrike sat against the wall, his breathing fast and it almost sound like he was breaking, sniffs and a clear sign of distraught was heard in his breathing, his hands were shaking like crazy. It was all over, some how..against all odds and probably a bit of luck the two had manage to stop a unspeakable horror...maybe for now....but the ordeal was not quite finished, Lysander once more got hold of him.-

"SHRIKE! You did it! The gate is sealed and energy levels are dropping, but we have another problem...I just picked up a message coming from H.R.C...seems like a clean up team is coming...black ops...they going to clear this place out and us along with it!...We have to get out of here! Meet me at the entrance!"

-Shakily and with some effort, Shrike rose to his feet, spending on a few moments too look at the gate before high tailing it, back through the corridors, this way and that until finally linking back with Lysander.- 

"Shrike.... we have to flee both of us...they going to realize sooner or later some one made it out...none of us can go back....now come on lets get the hell out of there!" 

-The video draws to a end as the two escape from the facility running off into the night, under a full star filled sky and into the wilderness just in time as a helicopter raced over heading to the base, the video then ends.

Shrike unplugs the cord from his helmet and looks back at Bonnie to see her reaction to the real reason he was where he was.-
Shrike Marine
Shrike Marine
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by TheBardPrincess Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:40 pm

Bonnie expected to see something horrible...
She got worse than even that.
It felt like the most terrifying horror ever, so many dead, the screams of people fighting for their lives... Ripped to bloody chunks, cut to shreds, burned to char, so many...
She was shaking, clearly panicking from her standing position But She couldn't look away, backing up slowly and stiffly... she began to tear up.

By the end of it, she had broken down in tears, on her knees. She was so confused, and was currently just... too emotional to piece it all together.
He can't go back home. He's a survivor if some grand horror that his government tried to cover up, so he has to hide away as best he can.
Upon finally figuring it out, she cried even harder, her fur wet and with a light red tint behind her fur from her burning cheeks.

"I- I- I- I can- can't...", she was barely able to respond. Even as the tears stopped, she sat there breathing hard, more terrified than anything...

She was clearly emotionally unstable. So clearly, you show footage of a scared shitless soldier dealing with a Hellscape.
Really. Good job. Real smart. Good on you.
TheBardPrincess
TheBardPrincess
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Shrike Marine Sat Jul 14, 2018 2:11 pm

-It was the truth, a horrid one but one non the less, the Corporations drive to push technology beyond limits and tamper with the unknown had resulted in the unleash of a evil far beyond the plains of Mobius it self. Caught right in the middle of it all were innocent beings, workers, scientists, soldiers and many others who lost their lives because of the greed of the Corporation.

It was even more clear that the Corporation was more then willing to keep things such as this quite, Shrike along lysander had to go into hiding, they didn't have a choice, they would be hunted by H.R.C and even G.U.N who were convinced they caused this to happen. 

It seemed to much for Bonnie to take in and process, then again even Shrike felt overwhelmed by watching the footage again, took him right back to the day it happened, suppose to be like any one, his battalion was suppose be swapped out that day with another. 

-Shrike looked over at Bonnie who was clearly upset about what she had saw, Shrike sits himself down on the couch right beside her, placing a hand upon her shoulder, he felt like he had done the wrong thing, but what drove him to show her was needing to get it out, he held onto this for so long, every one else would of thought of him as mentally unstable or worse called local law enforcement. 

"Bonnie, I'm sorry, I forgot just how horrific it was, I should of pulled the plug instead of following through with the video, It's just...I thought I could finally let it out for some one to know, I'v held this nightmare for all this time and it was eating away at me, the dreams, voices...they still mess with me, some times I wish I could of done more...perhaps stopped them from going in...stop them from dying...

Myself and Lysander had to hide from both H.R.C and G.U.N we didn't have a choice, but in the end, we manage to stop them for good, still doesn't make it any better tho.... I'm sorry"

-Shrike had made a mistake doing that, but couldn't turn it back, what was shown was shown and now she knew the truth behind the masked figure, Shrike didn't know what more to do.-
Shrike Marine
Shrike Marine
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by TheBardPrincess Sat Jul 14, 2018 5:36 pm

After crying so much, she sat there just trying to fully understand what had happened, what she just watched...
Knowing how it related to Shrike's problem... She had to pull herself together.
She wiped her eyes, her breathing still harsh... She felt cold all over.
"I- I- I know I'm sorry... I know exactly how you feel, to an extreme degree, that's not just stuff you can hold in forever... I jus- just... wasn't prepared...", she sighs, looking to Shrike with slightly redder eyes, "There's nothing I can do to help... but please, stay as long as you want. As long as I'm here, you'll have a roof over your head. No one like you deserved to be living on the streets after what you've suffered..."
TheBardPrincess
TheBardPrincess
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Shrike Marine Sat Jul 14, 2018 5:53 pm

-Shrike at a bit closer to try and calm her down, after watching something like that no one could really come out of it normal or not move by it, but like before this was the true reason he was now a lone freelancer, he never dared return to G.U.N that that he couldn't but chose not to because of the bad memories of those days.

Even this city was a constant reminder of that, this is where he grew up with his parents, what happened to them ? Gone, gone with out a trace after the crisis. He just believed they assumed his death along with the rest and moved away, leaving no trace. Or worse. 

He still felt bad for what he had done and how he made her feel, tho he was not sure how to solve or fix it, all he could do was be by her side and hope she would come back to her old self.

She then offered him a place to stay, for when and if he was around, that was a pretty noble thing to do for him, he sighed softly under his breath, as much as he wanted a home he knew that his life and career as such meant he was on the move.- 

"Thank you, that means a lot to me, for some one to give me a place to stay.....but..I can't stay forever or for long, soon it will be time for me to head off once more into the world...to find others who need protection....I also got a itching feeling that that crisis....may not be truly over yet....but thank you for every thing you doing for me, I just wish there was a way I could..repay you for this ? " 
Shrike Marine
Shrike Marine
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by TheBardPrincess Mon Jul 16, 2018 5:17 am

"Alright then," she began as she walked over to where she had placed her bowl down, "I still won't ever force you to leave. I did say you can stay as long as you want..."
She sat down again, and before eating her noodles again, "And whenever you're in town and need a place to sleep... Please. You don't need to repay me, I wouldn't know what to do with it, anyways..."
(Sorry for the short post, wanna start wrapping this up?)
TheBardPrincess
TheBardPrincess
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Shrike Marine Mon Jul 16, 2018 4:08 pm

(Yea lets do that.) 

-Shrike would stay the night, but he even felt like he was over staying his while, the whole sole reason he came here originally was a flop, Lysanders signal turned out to be..well nothing, but it seemed like him coming back happened for a reason, to meet her and gain a new ally in the world. 

Tomorrow he would have to leave and see where the world would take him next, having been far and wide from Mobotropolis, Northamer and even the old ruined city of old metropolis, where ever he went he always survived, some how some way. 

"Thanks, I am really greatful for allowing me a place, a roof over my head, Oh and one more thing I do have something for you, you know in case I am in the area and you need to contact me, I give these to those who I come across in the field."

-Shrike opened up a small pouch and pulled out a tiny ear device, it was like a small communicator that can sit comfortable in a ear and with a press of a button could open communication directly to his helmet.

He reached out his hand to give it to her.- 

"A little something to help communicating better, should I be in the area and you need help with any thing it may be, this will allow you to get hold of me straight away." 
Shrike Marine
Shrike Marine
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by TheBardPrincess Tue Jul 17, 2018 4:44 pm

After the night, Bonnie was getting ready to work again, but made sure to see Shrike out before then.
She looked up at him and nodded, smiling softly.
Then he gave her the com device... A gift.
And she couldn't hold back.

After taking a look at it, she put it in her ear, then hugged Shrike tightly.
"Y- You're welcome, Shrike!", she said with a certain sweetness in her voice.
She tried to understand it as something normal for him. Not much of a gift anyways, other than being a symbol of friendship, but regardless knowing he was leaving so soon left her heart a little heavy.
She had to go to work soon, though, so after a bit she relieved him from her soft hug.
TheBardPrincess
TheBardPrincess
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Shrike Marine Wed Jul 18, 2018 11:14 am

-It was now time for him to go, he was going to head back to Lysander first before venturing back into the world, it was short but it was memorable, he would never forget her and who knew what the future held, maybe they would cross paths again, whether it will be a simple meet up or perhaps going to venture to a new place, time would tell. 

The device would make it a whole lot easier to get hold of him should something arise, better then having to go look for him which would be a almost impossible task.

Then it seemed like out of the blue, she hugged him, very unexpected to him for a guy who always tried to be one step ahead, surprised even, not really use to being hug and slowly looked down at her, she seemed well content, if only for a moment. 

Shrike too felt a bit heavy at heart knowing he had to go, but that is the life he was leading now, no time to sit still for long, some where out there was a place needing his watch in one way or another. 

He returned the hug to her, he was gonna miss her and all the things she had done for him, and knew if she ever needed help while in the area he'd drop what he was doing to see to her. 

After parting from the hug Shrike grabbed his weapon and turned to her.- 

"Thank you for every thing you have done for me Bonnie, I wont forget this or you, sorry I couldn't stay longer but that's just the way things are these days for me, but if I am ever in the area and you need something I be over as quick as I can...you take care of yourself alright....until we meet again Bonnie...goodbye" 

-Shrike left her place and ventured forth back into the unknown, heading for Lysanders base, he turned back to wave at her as the lone figure slowly vanished into the midst of the city and out of site.-
Shrike Marine
Shrike Marine
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2