Drayvizivy

Go down

Drayvizivy Empty Drayvizivy

Post by ThePromiseIncarnate on Fri Jun 15, 2018 6:32 pm

Name: Drayvizivy
Nicknames: The Tree Dragon, Dray
Species: Nature Spirit

Appearance: Drayvizivy is a dragon standing at approximately 9 feet 2 inches tall and weighing 367 pounds, and is made mostly of wood, leaves, vines, moss, ect. as if to give off the impression that he is indeed a tree. He has two right arms and one left arm, and his wings consist mostly of branches covered in greenery. His head is made up of very angular shapes with discolored sclera and greenish irises, and his horns and lower jaw are covered in greens leaves and vines to mimic facial hair or Chinese dragon hair, despite clearly being a ‘Western' dragon.

References: (None)

Personality traits

-Nature, especially trees and the feral animals
-Humans and Mobians, even those who have “disconnected from nature” and thus are living in more urban areas and relying on advanced technology more
-Life and it's preservation
-Natural death
-Though he has little interest in art, music, or fiction, he appreciates music for those who do enjoy it and can be caught trying to hum - some believe these are ancient melodies long forgotten by mortals
-Monsters and some ‘living’, peaceful machines
-Ancient ruins, reminding him of early civilizations he's witnessed

Dislikes:
-Unnecessary destruction of life, especially through unnatural means such as the use of modern tools or weapons
-Robots
-Destruction of nature, caused by pollution and litter
-He has little interest in artistic mediums

Personality: Drayvizivy is a wise, intelligent, and knowledgeable guardian of nature and all things currently living on Mobius, and would seem to align himself with pacifism due to not seeing a need to fight and not caring about mortal ideals and problems outside the range of his focus - nature - had those ideals and problems not overlapped so frequently in the past, causing him to grow concerned for nature and disappointed with intelligent life. He is neither a father nor mother(I literally could have just said “they” this entire time but calling them a he just felt better), but due to him taking responsibility for the preservation of life he sees himself as a parental figure, and as such he is very loving. He is known for being very calm and down-to-earth due to his lack of involvement in the affairs of intelligent life outside of himself, and can seem quite jolly and kind despite his intimidating presence.
However, if you even consider cutting down, burning, or putting chemicals around trees…
His kind visage will probably turn to that of a grumpy old man’s attitude with murderous glee toward the offender.

Combat traits

Powers: Drayvizivy can manipulate all plants within a radius approximately equivalent to his height, and can thus make them grow faster, wither and die, and move to his wim as an extension to his form, as well as use their special features if they have any, say a Venus fly trap’s ability to close its mouth.
He also has a lesser ability, allowing him some control over feral animals, capable of mental suggestion but nothing more. He can't do so with anthros, Mobians, and especially not humans.
As long as the ground is a form of soil that can hold plants, like dirt or some sand, plants have a chance to grow where he walks. Also, no matter where it lands, if he bleeds, plants will quickly grow from the blood like a really fertile soil, sprouting forth and ready to use.
Finally, he can heal light wounds of others.

Strengths:
-He has no need for proper food, instead photosynthesizing like a tree, and thus sunlight and water would seem to give him a slight regenerative effect - doesn't mean he can't eat, just that he doesn't have to
-As strong as he is tall and heavy, and as durable as a tree, excusing a light immunity to fire
-If he does die, he will come back eventually - even if the planet suffers a mass extinction, he will come back once other life forms do
-Wise and knowledgeable, due to being so ancient
-He's strongest in a forest for hopefully obvious reasons

Weaknesses:
-He can't make plants do things outside his range - for a tree to slap someone 10 feet away from him, he’d need to walk closer to them
-It may sound obvious, but he can't make a plant do something it simply can't - a Venus fly trap closing its mouth takes a lot of energy for the plant, exhausting it will make it effectively impossible
-He is elementally weak against ice most notably, as well as sharp weapons - oddly enough, while he easily catches fire he isn't necessarily weak to it, but it does render his powers useless since plants on fire are thusly dead plants
-He is heavy and slow(given he's basically a sentient, conscious tree that shouldn't be too surprising) despite being relatively lanky, making him easy to topple and outrun, and he can't sneak up on others due to loud footsteps
-While he has no need to and no one would expect him too, he not only refuses to use tools made by intelligent life unless absolutely required to, but other than the absolute basic tools, he has no idea how to use them

Social information

Positive relations
-(None)

Negative relations

-(None)

History
Born along the first living things on Mobius, little is known about him. Shrouded in forest mist and mystery, the tall dragon of the forest has wandered this planet for approximately 6 million years…
Mobius life had suffered a few mass extinctions… he died, and when life returned to Mobius, he came back and continued on.
Eventually, intelligent life like humans and Mobians came about, and he mostly avoided them due to their fear of him. He wasn't afraid of death, he was merely upset that they hated him so much.
He watched over them from the forests, and eventually as technology advances, he had less hiding space. But for as much as he hated the destruction of what he viewed as his children, the plants and trees and feral animals, he still loved all life and only began retaliating as he grew more and more concerned for the state of the planet. If it got much worse, another mass extinction was on its way.
Gladly, many people realized this, and many heroes fight not just for peace and freedom but for protection of their home. And Dray is in the background, fighting alongside them…
ThePromiseIncarnate
ThePromiseIncarnate
Expert Member
Expert Member

http://pyrode.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Drayvizivy Empty Re: Drayvizivy

Post by Cosmickat on Tue Jun 26, 2018 2:03 am

I like this one it's very different but in a good way! I have to say i think this is the first time i've seen a dragon in any kind of rp really and i like the history this seems like it was fun to write.

Cosmickat

Back to top Go down

Post by ThePromiseIncarnate on Tue Jun 26, 2018 2:36 am

Yeah, it was, and thank you. ^^
A while ago a member joined and explained the inspiration for their character, a bunny based on clouds, and it reminded me if how when I was young I would look at the giant tree in the back yard of my old house and see some sort of dinosaur or dragon.

I've seen many dragons before myself in Sonic RP, but I feel like this guy is probably one if my most creative ideas.
ThePromiseIncarnate
ThePromiseIncarnate
Expert Member
Expert Member

http://pyrode.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum