Hello user, SRN is now closed. Feel free to read anything you'd like, but you cannot post.
Thank you for being part of this community.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello user, SRN is now closed. Feel free to read anything you'd like, but you cannot post.
Thank you for being part of this community.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Razor-Sharp Experiments

3 posters

Go down

Razor-Sharp Experiments Empty Razor-Sharp Experiments

Post by ZephyrRapierre Wed May 30, 2018 1:00 am

Welcome to Yaniceri Forest! Vivid flora of bright colors and lively fauna call this place their home. Tall trees with visible roots and innumerable leaves attempt to block the sun rays, while beautiful flowers bloom across the few open places where the hot star manages to reach. Many wild animals can be seen through the greenery: some are harmless and cute, while others are dangerous and blood-thirsty. This forest is a well-known hunting ground that has claimed veteran huntsman and unwary travelers alike. Thus, many recommend to leave it before the sun sets, because the most scary beasts sleep in their lair until night, where they search for prey.

At the south corner of the forest lies the home of the Rapierres, just 1 Km north from the nearest town. In a warm afternoon, this big stone villa surrounded in high rocky walls is today's destination for a pair heroes from the guild, where their client, Zallain, was already waiting for them at the opened metal door just outside the walls.

"You two must be the ones that came to help me." Says the robust black and brown avian dressed as a blacksmith of medieval times. His rough tone shows impatience. "About time, I must say. I've got work to do, so I'll keep it brief." Without allowing you to respond, he motions to the objects scattered on the old blanket in front of him. "These are the weapons you're going to test."

First, he aims at a padded glove with a finger. "This one we'll call "Glove" for now. Wear it and try to grab something in the air." He explains while making the gesture. "A small flexible bar with two long blades should pop out. You can slice with those. But!" He suddenly raises his voice. "It can be used as a bow thanks to magic, with no ammo needed. How? Well.." He points you both. "That's for you to discover."

Second, he aims at the steel spear. "This "Spear" has chains inside so the tip can reach double the pole's reach. Also, should the tip impact with anything, in half a second, it will release it's inner spikes, supposedly making for nasty impalements." He smiles at the mental image of his words. Quickly tough, his smile vanishes. "Supposedly."

Third, he aims at the handle of a sword, only composed of a ruby pommel, black leather grip and steel guard. "This "Swordless Sword" is completely magical. Press the guard at your favourite element and you should end up having that element as the blade of your weapon." He gives a small pause, his face showing doubt. "Dunno if it works, or what form does the blade take, tough." He shrugs calmly.

Fourth, he aims at the buckler with a metallic sharp cross on it and spikes along it's edges. "This "Shield" should be optimal for throwing. As long as you throw it with the detachable strap it has. It's magnetized so it can be reattached. The strap itself has a button. Push it and..." He moves his right hand like he's pressing a detonator. "Boom. Magic explosion. Or that's the idea, at least..." Zallain stops for a moment, thoughtful, but dismisses his doubts with a shake of his head.

Fifth, he aims at the opened pointy iron fan covered in black plastic where one would grab it. "This "Fan", besides cutting, has an internal battery for electrical discharges. It should only shock when closed, but try to grab it only from the black part, just to be sure." He warns you with a serious look.

Lastly, he points at a stack of papers and pens. "And these "Sheets" are here so you can write your report on it. I want anything you discover of these weapons into the report. Anything. Even the smallest details are important. Also..." He gives the serious look again, but this time, he gets closer. "...I'm not responsable for any accidents you may end up having while testing them." He backs down slowly, looking to you both. "Once you're finished testing ALL 5 of them, bring the weapons and their reports to the blanket and ring the bell three times." He motions to a button at the wall besides the door.

With a sigh, Zallain breathes a little easier. "OK, with that said, I'll go do my business." He enters inside his property. "Later." He closes the gate loudly, making a huge metal-to-metal collision noise. His voice is heard one last time before he's gone. "And remember to stay safe!"

Now the heroes where left with their task: Weapon testing. Wonder which ones will be first?

(From now on, it's up to Hazel and Maxie until the end of the RP! Good luck and have fun! I'll be watching...)
ZephyrRapierre
ZephyrRapierre

Back to top Go down

Razor-Sharp Experiments Empty Re: Razor-Sharp Experiments

Post by Uncanny-Illustrator Wed May 30, 2018 11:41 am

The fact that they even just had been traveling through part of the forest felt so heavenly. The greens, the browns, so earthy. She loved it so, but Hazel might've been a bit bias in that regard. Specifically since she blended in at certain areas a bit too well for her own good. So mayhaps it was a good thing that their destination was this massive gray stone villa.

And arriving there, she looked a tad out of place. Specifically since the quest has been based on melee stuff mostly. Yet here stood the canine, ammo belt and hand guns in holsters on her thighs. Any trained eye though could easily see they had their safes on, as it should be.

When Zallian spoke though, as condescending as it was, she remained silent. Just giving nods of acknowledgement here and there as he spoke and went over his explanation of each of the weapons. Specifically the glove caught her attention, mostly with the mention that it can equally be used as some magical bow. That would be such a handy thing to have hot dang.

"Good luck with your current projects then. We will be sure to ding dong ditch when we are done." The canine said in a joking tone as the bird loudly closed that gate.

There was a peek left, a peek right, all to see if there was any kind of build in camera or security around. Mostly regarding hearing stuff outside. Cause sure items like that weren't often used, neither were weapons like that though.

So she went for the safe route, dropping her voice so it was just audible towards the griffin. "Well doesn't he seem like the life of the party?" She shrugged softly before bringing up her voice to the normal volume again. "Right, how do we wanna tackle this? Each test all weapons or just test every weapon once? We wanna spar or just run out into the forest and take down some dangerous beasties? Also how do we wanna structure the report? Cause I do not mind doing most of the writing, it kinda is what I do often." A wide grin spread on her lips as she spoke. Her green eye settling on Maxie.

"Also to be polite, you have first pick on which of these weapons you'd like to try out first." The canine dipped into a small bow and gestured towards the blanket and the contents on it.

"...Also the name is Hazel, I don't think we have met before have we?"
Uncanny-Illustrator
Uncanny-Illustrator
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Spekkal Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:38 pm

And the second participant was none other than the incredibly flamboyant and garishly pink griffon! Maxie strode towards the scene, hands on her swaying hips and a confident smirk on her face. While it was her usual demeanour, there was certainly a joyous bounce in her step as she prepared herself for this quest. A qualified fighter, it was no doubt that she'd take this on. Unlike the canine, however, Maxie had little experience with weapons she wasn't used to. She hoped this would be an opportunity to develop more skills!

And her chipper tone was assisted by the gorgeous area around them. Yaniceri forest was beautiful, and Maxie often found herself staring at the fauna around them. It felt alive, fresh, and healthy. And if she were not here on a mission, the griffon would have loved to take a leisurely stroll here. She made a note to herself to return upon completion of this - the woman was shocked at herself that she hadn't been here before!

Approaching the villa with her sparring partner beside her, Maxie listened intently as Zallain explained and listed each of his weapons that were presented before them. Her eyebrow raised at a few of them, particularly the spear. While nothing could replace her dear darling Halbird, having alternate options was always something to consider. She hummed to herself, examining each one.

And with the avain's farewell, her partner spoke up. Maxie quietly cackled to herself, "Oh darling don't be so judgemental! After all, that haaandsome man is offering us a chance to play with his naughty little toys, hmmm~? Spare him a thought, I bet he's a real sweetheart deep down! Men like that usually are!"

She gave the canine woman a look up and down. Scarred, wrinkled and tough. Yet she spoke with a joyous tone, and her mannerisms displayed a youth that she should have lost from age. The griffon grinned playfully, cracking her knuckles through her pink gloves. "Mmm yes... good. If you could be a babe and do the paperwork, that would be lovely~! I'm never good with words - they booore me, but I know how to fight!" Pumping her fist into the air, the woman wiggled her rear and reached down, grasping at the weapon simply labelled 'Spear'.

"Ohoho~! I'm surprised you haven't heard of me, Hazel darling! The name's Maxie - fighter extraordinaire! And only the most beautiful person you'll meet! Just look at me!" she twirled, showing off her bright pink dress and spinning on the tip of her heel effortlessly, "I'm fabulous!"

"But enough on me, let's talk about me...." she mumbled, twirling the Spear lightly in her fingers with another flashed grin, "I'll happily admit I'm an expert at pole-arms at spears but... mmm.... perhaps I'll be delving into others today! Hoe exciting~!" She blinked, realising she'd accidentally dismissed the canine's first enquiry to instead talk about herself, "Ah! And let us fight against some meanie beasties, yes? I'm sure those terrible monsters need a right telling off! And I'd rather hurt them than you."
Spekkal
Spekkal
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Uncanny-Illustrator Sat Jun 23, 2018 4:05 pm

There crept an amused grin on the older woman's lips as she listened to the griffon talk about herself. Her own hands loosely placed on her hips as the weight of her being rested more on one foot than the other causing said hip to slightly be jutted outwards. There was something quite endearing about the chipped and confident behavior of the one in pink. Honestly it reminded her of herself when she was that age...maybe even younger cause honest to the lords above she had no clue how old her companion here was. Somewhere in the 20s she would say if she absolutely had to guess. There was that mild wish to just mull over it more but instead, more important things were there to deal with, now weren't there?

A small shake of her head as she straightened out, balancing that weight on both feet again. "I mean sometimes actions do speak louder than words. Except you can read back actions unless written down." She mused in regards to the others comment of not enjoying writing but more of the fighting.

Whitest Maxie was going for the spear though, Hazel, unsurprisingly, went for the glove. Even with a chance to try something new, she had to go for the thing that could be used at range. That just was her jam and honestly, it was the closed thing to just a gun.....Though about guns. The canine paused where she stood glancing at the guns strapped to her being. "Wouldn't be fair if I brought those along now would it? I know myself well enough to know I'll automatically default to them." The words were more so to herself than the other on this mission. Regardless she did take the guns out of their holsters on her thighs, as well as two more hidden ones from underneath her lose green jacket that she placed on the blanket in place of the glove in a small pile.

"Should we take the other weapons as well then so they can all be used there without us needing to go back and forth to here to switch them out?" Even though she had been mid question, she already had reached for the shield and by the end of her sentence, she had it firmly attached to her back. Equally the sheets that they were required to fill in were neatly rolled up and being placed in one of the many pockets that her pants possessed. Placed well in a spot where she knew that they wouldn't just get wrinkled and folded and just generally made to look like garbage.

"Don't worry if you wanna use the shield by the time we should move onto the next weapon you can. It's mostly for carrying it along for now." It wasn't like she needed to explain herself, she just figured it would be the politest thing be to do right now.

With that though. "Shall we get doing to lower the population of those dangerous critters around?"~ Her eyes fixated on the younger individual as she patiently awaited their reply.
Uncanny-Illustrator
Uncanny-Illustrator
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum