Hello user, SRN is now closed. Feel free to read anything you'd like, but you cannot post.
Thank you for being part of this community.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello user, SRN is now closed. Feel free to read anything you'd like, but you cannot post.
Thank you for being part of this community.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lost Cities

4 posters

Go down

Lost Cities Empty Lost Cities

Post by The Red Blur Sun May 13, 2018 6:10 pm

It was a grey, overcast morning. A light rain cascaded down from the heavens; not so much that it was soaking through clothes and fur, but enough to make one feel a little chilly. 

A hedgehog stood at a large, black gate, holding a piece of paper with an address written on it. “426 Cherry Avenue...” he repeated to himself, looking at the rather imposing, and large building just up a small path beyond the gate. “It seems I have the right place. I’m guessing I need to push a button?” He continued, looking around the sides of the gate. Finally, he came across a button, with a speaker above, and pushed it.

After a few seconds, a nasally, somewhat deep voice spoke. “Yes, hello?” 
A camera set up just beyond the gate shifted, its motors whirring as it focused in on the hedgehog, dressed in black jeans, a deep blue jacket, black gloves, and brown boots that reached to about his calve. “State your business, please.”

“I’m Caen Flare. I’m... here for the quest you put through to the guild?”
“Ah! The guild! I believe four of you responded? Yes, come in, come in!”
With that, the gates swung open slowly, allowing Caen to pass. 

Caen couldn’t help but keep looking around as he walked up the path. The land around the house, while damp from the rain, was almost completely pristine, with the grass trimmed to a uniform length, and flower beds seemingly tended to quite well. Finally, he reached the door, and before he could knock, a wolf, dressed in a smart tuxedo, opened the door. His voice was different to the one who answered. A butler, perhaps?
“Follow along closely. Mr. Profiteur does not like to be kept waiting,” he said simply, as he turned on his heels and begun to walk inside.

Inside, the décor was almost completely wood, with panelling on the walls, and the floors. Said floors were polished to a gleam, and claret carpets allowed for people to walk without scuffing the spotless floors. 

After following up a large staircase, and past quite a few rooms, Caen was led into a room. A hedgehog, rather large in stature, sat in a leather chair, at a desk with a globe sitting on it. Papers were scattered around in front of him, and stubbed-out cigars were gathered in a small ash tray. Needless to say, the room stunk of burned tobacco. 

“Caen, was it! Yes, yes, yes! Take a seat, take a seat!” Profiteur spoke, ushering to one of four chairs in front of the desk. “Your comrades should be arriving any minute, now!”
The Red Blur
The Red Blur
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Lost Cities Empty Re: Lost Cities

Post by ChaoticBou Sun May 13, 2018 6:28 pm

Oh boy oh boy! What did today have in store? His heroic jobs were so exciting! And he had only been doing it for like a month or so. His next mission was surely going to be just as fun as the rest! He arrived at the address, seeing someone red walk in. He knew who that was. It felt as if they were the only two heroes sometimes. Why as he always paired with him? Not that he didn't think he was cool, just, there are so many other people he would want to meet at some point.

He walked towards the gate. How did it open? He knocked at the gate and tapped his foot on the ground, crossing his arms. He didn't see Caen do anything. He just walked in. "Hellooooo?!" He yelled. No reply. Geesh...Oh there was a button! He pushed the button under the speaker. “State your business, please.”

"Uh....I am Boubka...I signed up for the mission at the guild!" And then he probably got let in, whistling while walking through. Then he tripped over the small steps just before the entrance as the door opened in front of him. "U-uh....sorry!" And then he entered the house until he saw Caen's back. "Hey Caen! Nice to see you again!"
ChaoticBou
ChaoticBou
Master Member
Master Member

https://soundcloud.com/boubka-the-fox

Back to top Go down

Post by TheBardPrincess Sun May 13, 2018 6:49 pm

Her first mission...
Once Julian had learned of the guild, she very quickly joined. Might as well do some good and try to have fun while she was trapped on Mobius. As long as Orion would cooperate.

Stepping up to the gate, the chubby kitten felt bothered by the rain given how uncomfortable it had started to get, and she was put off by the building's large and imposing nature... But she was more excited then scared, smiling like she was about to go on a rollercoaster.
Seeing two others enter, with one yelling at the gate before finding a button, she had a good idea of what was going on.
Press the button... State her business.
"H- Hello, my name is Julian.Winchester and I'm here for the Guild Quest?"
Gate opens, she enters. Simple.

Not expecting the dreary weather she wore her black jacket to protect her from the Sun that wasn't out until they'd get to the ruins stated in the quest form. Instead, she had it open and the hoodie down, revealing her snug white shirt and larger black undershirt, a style she enjoyed well mostly with shorts, which she wish she'd worn instead of the sweatpants she wore to protect her legs.

Entering the building she looked around the inside before looking to the two others, waving sheepishly at them. Butterflies bounced around her stomach as she was excited for her first quest, "Heheh... Hello, nice to meet you two. My name's Julian, and you are?"
TheBardPrincess
TheBardPrincess
Staff
Staff

http://pyrode.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by imbadwithnames Mon May 14, 2018 10:14 pm

And finally, the last hero to arrive: Volt.

The disguised vigilante—who wore a pair of black-tinted mechanical goggles and a black-and-yellow, lightning print bandana over his face; his body veiled by a long, black hooded cloak—stood directly in front of the gated entrance, arms folded, peeking through the gate’s bars to the building up the pathway behind it. “Rich guy, eh?...” he said to himself.

This was his first venture with the guild, aside from the sparring match with Caen. There hadn’t been many quest proposals that particularly interested him since he joined, but the outline of this one—cave exploration, treasure hunting…1000 rings as pay—seemed right up his alley. He was always down for exploring new places, and caves? Heck, he lived in one. This quest should be a breeze...right?  

In any case, like with any mission, the first step: meeting the client. And judging from the complex he was sent to by Guild HQ, whoever this Profiteur person was seemed pretty well off. Volt wasn’t a big fan of prestigious money-hoarders like this guy seemed to be, but oh well—a client’s a client. Hopefully this guy wasn’t a pretentious prick about it.

Volt stepped back from the gate, searching for a button or handle to open it and allow him inside. Eventually, he found a button next to an intercom and camera. He pressed it, and a voice on the other end asked for his identity.

“Huh? Oh. Yea. Volt. Hero. Guild thing. Cave stuff. Artifacts. Lotta rings offered. I’m here now,” he bluntly said, obviously wanting to hurry up and get this introduction over with so he could get to the action. Finally, the gate opened. He walked inside and headed up the pathway—admiring the impressively well-kept landscaping—and eventually, into the building.

When the butler greeted him at the doorway, he shook his hand, walked inside, and, after shaking the water off his cloak and wiping the mud from his black boots, was directed upstairs to Profiteur’s office. He entered the room, immediately hit with the strong odor of tobacco. Volt coughed, pressing his bandana against his face to block the smell. “Dang, dude, that stuff kills ya know…,” he whispered to himself.

Before he sat down in a chair, he noticed the others around the office—evidently, his ‘teammates’. He gave a peace sign to all of them as a greeting, but one of them, in particular, made him do a double-take: Caen, the red hedgehog he sparred with in the Training Hall not too long ago. “Oh...hey, Hotshot! Sup dude,” he said to him with an upwards nod, his loud, somewhat nasally voice breaking through what silence might've been. “....Still not jealous of the hair, by the way.”
imbadwithnames
imbadwithnames

Back to top Go down

Post by The Red Blur Thu May 17, 2018 10:03 pm

There was an awkward silence as Caen sat, waiting for Alfred to let each individual person in, speaking the exact same words that he had done before. How comforting it was to know that he cared so much that he’d repeat the same words, boredly.

The first to enter the room was a blue fox, with two tails. Boubka. Of course Boubka would join a quest such as this, he was always hungry for adventure! “Boubka! Nice to see you, again!” he said, just as the next figure entered the room.

The next person was a cat, somewhat larger in build than Caen or Boubka, and she had introduced herself as Julian almost immediately. Caen nodded politely, saying “I’m Caen. A pleasure to meet you, Julian.”

Finally, the fourth and final member to join them was a particular bird Caen had fought not so long ago, with what seemed like a set of goggles and a mask. Come to think of it, Caen hadn’t thought of wearing some sort of mask, just in case of rock dust and the like. Oh, well.
“Hot... Shot...?” Caen asked, raising his eyebrow, before reaching back to touch his spines. “Th-thanks?”

“Right! Finally! Sit down, come come come!” Mr. Profiteur spoke, waving towards each seat. “Now! I presume you all know exactly why you’re here, yes? This cavern was recently found by miners of mine. We were digging for different crystals and minerals, and one of them damn near falls to their death! Talking of which...” 
Profiteur spins around in his chair, opening a chest behind him, before pulling out what seemed to be abseiling equipment. Caen couldn’t help but feel a twinge of nervousness as the large hedgehog dumped the equipment on the desk. “There is a drop of about 200 feet to get down there. I’ll provide the equipment you need, and you should be getting there by helicopter as soon as we’ve finished preparations. Any questions?” He asked, looking between the four. 

Caen looked at the other three, unsure whether or not to ask anything, himself.
The Red Blur
The Red Blur
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by ChaoticBou Sat May 26, 2018 7:30 pm

It seemed like Caen wasn't the only one helping Bou on this adventure. Another person came in, intoduced herself with the name 'Julian'. He put up his regular cheeful smile. "I'm Boubka, but people call me Bou. Nice to meet you!" She looked friendly. That's nice. Friendly people are always nice to have extra on your team.

Then the last hero came in. They seemed...menacing somehow. Mysterious, covering their face with a bandana. He looked irritated by something, but Bou wasn't sure why exactly and that made him kind of worried that this guy was just generally grumpy. Then the bird greeted Caen, and that fear was completely gone. Sup dude is only used by cool guys who are generally chill, right? Also when he said hotshot it reminded him of Esme and Maxie, which was also reassuring in some kind of weird way. He happily nodded towards him, just to say hi.

But before he could actually talk to the others, another voice spoke up. He decided to take one of the seats that was open and sat down. After a short introduction, the client showed some abseiling equipment. Nice! This stuff was even better than what they had at dad and mom's! He knew how to do this stuff, he had done it quite a few times before, so he was beaming with self-confidence.

Then he asked if there were any questions. Bou raised his hand. "Oh! Yes yes! Ehm." He retracted his hand and put his finger on his chin. "Uhm....what are we exactly looking for in these caves?" It seemed reasonable to ask. It wasn't on the quest form, so he wasn't sure if he was looking for simple treasure, or anything specific.
ChaoticBou
ChaoticBou
Master Member
Master Member

Back to top Go down

Post by TheBardPrincess Sat May 26, 2018 9:17 pm

Seeing the chairs to sit down in, she took a seat, mild discomfort displayed as she felt she was sitting in a kiddy chair, like this was a kiddie's table for some birthday party. They were built for Mobians sizes - the quest giver should be glad no humans joined, or else they may be called out as rude for not being able to accommodate human sizes.

A nice "Hello~" rang out from her voice with a relaxed salute to the last person who entered while she slouched in her chair, afraid to lean back into it in case she fell back.

She quickly realized this guild quest was a mistake. Too late to back out now though.
She looked to Mr. Profiteur as he explained everything, her tired expression slowly turning to mild concern and even slight annoyance as he went on about the deep hole, the tools she's never used before, the helicopter ride, everything was setting off red flags for her. She remained mostly silent.
When Boubka asked his question, she felt like adding her own two-cents but realized in her current mental state it'd feel wrong to say anything in fear of it coming off as rude. Could... Could people be removed from quests...? Could people be fired from the Guild?!
Thoughts raced through her mind as she sighed, just listening into the others with her nerves wild and a goofy smile as she suddenly had funny images appearing in her mind. She simply had nothing to say.
TheBardPrincess
TheBardPrincess
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by imbadwithnames Fri Jul 13, 2018 11:58 pm

After greeting Caen and the others, Profiteur invited Volt to take a seat. The only spot left open was an empty chair the right of the cyan fox—Bouka, as he introduced himself. Volt made his way over, sat down and folded his arms, slouching somewhat.  

After a while of Volt looking aimlessly around the room, Profiteur began to speak, relaying the details of their mission. From his words, the goal seemed simple enough: explore some mines, find some artifacts, bring them back, and get paid. Easy as 1-2-3.

...well, at face-value, at least. Something about this...didn’t really add up to Volt. He didn’t really trust big business folks as these in the first place, knowing their tendency to double-talk and skirt around major details, and he had a strange gut feeling that there was something more to this that Profiteur was letting on. Beneath his goggles, his eyebrow began to raise.

Before he could comment, though, Profiteur turned around, opened a chest, and threw onto his desk some abseiling gear for the band of heroes to use. Volt simply watched in silence, inspecting the gear from his seat. He really didn’t need it—he had a grapple equipped in his weapon that’d work just fine for him—but, what the hey. It’d be better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it. Besides, anything to please the client, right? 

Afterwards, Profiteur asked if the team had any questions; Boubka was the first to speak, asking what exactly were they looking for. Volt jumped in and asked a question of his own right after him.

“Yea…’n’ what’s the catch? I mean, adventurin’ is what we heroes are made for but, this sound like just a simple minin’ job. As far as I know, we ain’t exactly miners...there somethin' more to this than just bringin' back some fancy rocks?”
imbadwithnames
imbadwithnames

Back to top Go down

Post by The Red Blur Tue Jul 17, 2018 12:06 am

Profiteur leaned back in his seat a little, picking at his teeth. Rude, yes, but Caen wasn't going to point that out. He'd rather just get out of this room as soon as possible, escaping that horrific stench. "You're not looking for anything specific, you're just taking a look around what's down there. I'm not going to send my miners down there if it's life-threatening, and if there was some sort of ancient ruin, why, I could get into a lot of trouble for mining around them. Now, rest assured, I'm certainly not asking you to go mining, nor could I..." He finishes, before leaning forwards, linking his fingers in front of him. 

Caen looked towards Julian, who looked incredibly uncomfortable, despite her rather odd smile. He took a mental note to make sure she's alright, once they're done speaking to Profiteur. 

Finally, the phone on the desk rang, once again, and Profiteur picked it up, pressing it to his ear. "Ah, perfect. Five minutes...? Yes, great." He slammed the receiver back down, grinning a little. "The helicopter is almost here, Alfred here will lead you to the point where you'll be picked up," he said, ushering to his wolf butler, still standing in the doorway. 

Caen stood up, bowing his head "thank you very much for this opportunity, Mr. Profiteur, sir," he spoke, before taking some of the abseiling equipment, and following along closely behind the butler.
The Red Blur
The Red Blur
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by ChaoticBou Sun Jul 22, 2018 3:35 pm

Life threatening? Life threatening??? Siiiick. This was going to be a life threatening adventure at that was a-okay to Bou. He was special, so it'd probably somewhat less life threatening to him. It'd probably more like, limb threatening. Where he could maybe lose a limb if he didn't watch out. But he was going to watch out so he wasn't going to lose a limb. Even so with the current technical developments he could get a dope mechanic arm like Ernest who didn't like mechanical arms at all!

Julian looked like she didn't have the greatest of times. "Heyhey, you alright? Something wrong?" Wait. He was too direct. Whoops. He forgot they just met. "Is everything fine?" On the other hand there was Volt who clearly was somewhat more loud. Which was fine in his eyes. Man this guy is cool.

The helicopter would arrive in 5 minutes. Wait...helicopter? Bou was basically hopping around on his chair. He was gonna fly in a helicopter towards his destination! This was unbelieveable! Everything about his was so cool and definitely not scary at all!
ChaoticBou
ChaoticBou
Master Member
Master Member

Back to top Go down

Post by TheBardPrincess Sun Jul 22, 2018 4:33 pm

"O-oh, I'm fine," she replied to Bou, seeming to snap herself out of a daze while calming herself down as the final bits of info. were given to the group, "just excited I guess.

In reality she was, and she didn't want to seem too unprofessional, but she was on edge just with everything new that was happening. A helicopter was coming to pick them up soon, going on an adventure with this group of heroes, it was thrilling but some tiny voice inside her was telling her she was an idiot for not backing out...

Volt was certainly an entertaining figure, if a little... aggressive, was the first word that cane to her mind?
They seemed right to doubt this guy's intentions, he just had an odd feeling about them...
TheBardPrincess
TheBardPrincess
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by imbadwithnames Sun Jul 22, 2018 7:17 pm

Volt listened as Profituer responded to his question; he still wasn't buying it, however. Of course it was dangerous in those caves—that’s just how it is with excavating, what to expect when you sign up for the job. Profituer seemed to have sought out the guild to cover his own hind, employing a group of strangers who he wouldn't have to compensate for damages just in case something really bad did happen…question was, did he know of anything down there that was especially dangerous for his crew, something he didn't want to say out of fear he'd scare the heroes off?

“Uh…huh…,” Volt replied, giving Profituer a suspicious look over. Yeah...he really didn't trust this guy, not one bit. No matter what he said, Volt still had a gut feeling that there was something more…

...but he simply shrugged and looked away. There wasn't anything else he could add, so he decided to just keep quiet and play along, despite his reservations. No matter the case, he'd have to be on guard for the entirety of the mission, prepared for any ‘surprises’.

He gave a brief look to the others to see how they were reacting to Profituer’s words. Caen was simply listening, evidently ready to jump to the action as well; Julian seemed rather…uncomfortable, somewhat out of their element; and Boubka, holy crap—he looked like a kid in a candy store, illuminating the entire room with his eagerness. It made Volt chuckle a bit to himself; man this dude was ecstatic. Hopefully that good vibe could rub off on him and keep him optimistic on this sketchy-seeming job.

It was then that Profituer’s phone rang; Profituer answered, and after a brief conversation, hung up. He then addressed the group, saying their transport—a helicopter—was close by, preparing to pick them up

Upon hearing this, Volt sighed and stretched his arms. He got up from his seat after Caen, fixed his cloak, then started to follow the butler out of the door, abseiling gear in tow. “Wwwwelp, uh...sayonara,” he said, flashing a peace sign to Profituer.

He was still going to go through with this mission…but he still wasn't quite sure what to expect.
imbadwithnames
imbadwithnames

Back to top Go down

Post by The Red Blur Sat Aug 18, 2018 10:51 pm

Caen happily took a deep breath of the cool morning air as the group were led out of a different entrance to the outside into what essentially was a large field, presumably a piece of land to make Profiteur's property seem more exclusive than it really is.

The wind seemingly picked up out of nowhere, though the loud sound of blades spinning through the air gave away what kicked up the breeze. Slowly, but surely, the aircraft had landed, and Alfred ushered towards the vehicle "whenever you are ready, sirs and madam."

Caen looked at the group, smiling gently "right, I suppose it's time to pile in and see what we've got, and we can always talk about what we can and can't do," he said, before turning to the helicopter. He climbed in, grabbing a headset so he'd be able to hear his teammates. He tapped the microphone, "does this work?"
The Red Blur
The Red Blur
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by ChaoticBou Mon Aug 20, 2018 2:13 pm

Bou looked unsure towards Julian. "Mmmmokay. If you say so. Just don't uh...worry too much okay?" Seemed like Volt smiled at his reaction. Nice. It seemed like this Volt guy WAS a nice dude.

The rest was already moving towards the helicopter. Bou couldn't just stay behind, and decided to follow them, hopping into the flying vehicle. He then grabbed one of the headsets after Caen picked one as well. Caen's voice could be heard through it. "LOUD AND CLEAR CAEN!" Bou yelled out. Whoops. Maybe that wasn't the smartest thing to do.

"Sooo let's go let's goooo!"
ChaoticBou
ChaoticBou
Master Member
Master Member

Back to top Go down

Post by TheBardPrincess Mon Aug 20, 2018 2:35 pm

Julian smiled at Bou, they seemed to care. Alright then.
It was time to head out, she got up out of her chair and left with the others, subconsciously looking around the room as she did.
Upon exiting the building, she was met with a lush field and the helicopter.
She looked at it, "Woah..."
Her tail was swaying, her excitement rising again as she got on the helicopter after the others, putting on her headset upon entering.
"It works, Caen!", she spoke up a little, "Ready to go.

In her mind she couldn't help but hear "I'm ready! I'm ready, I'm ready, I'm ready..."
TheBardPrincess
TheBardPrincess
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by imbadwithnames Sat Sep 29, 2018 12:56 am

Volt—after abruptly snapping his fingers, breaking away from the group, running back into Profiteur's office, nabbing his abseiling gear, and bolting out with another peace sign to Profiteur—followed the butler's lead to the open field where the helipad was. The helicopter picking them up was apparently just arriving, too. As Volt got near it, the sudden burst of wind blasted through his cloak, prompting him to hold his hood down over his head to keep it from flying off.

When the heroes approached the helicopter, the butler invited them to take a seat inside. Caen climbed in first; Volt, after un-holstering the rifle on his back so he could hold it in his lap, followed suit. He slid into the cramped passenger seating, trying to scoot over as much as he could to make room for his teammates.

Once they all were inside, Caen grabbed a headset and tested to see if it worked. Volt removed the earpiece he already had on, grabbed a headset of his own, and placed it over his head, over his hood. He then gave an OK sign to Caen, letting him know that he was coming in loud and clear…

…and then he flipped the handsign upside down and placed it on his thigh, chuckling a bit to himself.

Anyway, after Boubka's enthusiastic screech (which made Volt jump a tad bit) and Julian's confirming they were all set and ready, Volt stared out the window, waiting for the helicopter to take off.

Jokes aside, he still had this...weird feeling in his gut that the mission would end up being more than it seemed, but...oh well. Cross that bridge when you come to it.

For now, whenever they'd take off, Volt'd sit back back, relax, and enjoy the flight—well, as much as his relatively taller stature could inside a cramped helicopter.
imbadwithnames
imbadwithnames

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down