Hello user, SRN is now closed. Feel free to read anything you'd like, but you cannot post.
Thank you for being part of this community.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello user, SRN is now closed. Feel free to read anything you'd like, but you cannot post.
Thank you for being part of this community.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Warm-Up Role-play (Actual Role-play)

5 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Warm-Up Role-play (Actual Role-play) Empty Warm-Up Role-play (Actual Role-play)

Post by The_Terror Fri May 11, 2018 9:21 pm

The first thing to hit was the smell of fresh, unpolluted air. It was a huge surprise for Trist McGable, a female wolf who was a stranger to the world of Mobius. She, obviously, stood out due to her demeanor, her appearance, and her personality. She was far too tall to be a Mobian and too different to be a human. As the anthropomorphic wolf walked down the street, she would garner many strange, curious glances from both humans and Mobians. Trist, however, was used to this treatment from people, especially from humans. Every time she felt the watchful eyes of a human upon her, Trist always made it a point to meet their eyes and give them a warning look. It was bad enough that the wolf was trapped on a bizarre planet, but it was even worse that this world was inhabitated by humans.

[i]Humans, [/i]thought Trist. [i]Why does this planet have to have humans? [/i]Her thoughts didn't matter at the moment. What did matter to Trist was finding a way to get back to her own world. Unfortunately, that was going to take resources and time. For now, she had to learn as much as she could about Mobius, its governments, its territories, and the people who inhabitated it. The best place to start her mission to gather information were the various bars, lounges, and night clubs. Then again, night clubs and bars might not be the best of places to enlist the help of inebriated patrons with complex tasks, but Trist had to try and get help somehow.

As she entered a local lounge, Trist could immediately feel the stares of curious and frightened people on her. Everyone was observing her, wondering what her purpose of coming here was. Trist was dressed in a simple black tank top and cargo pants, but she wore no shoes or gloves so that her paws weren't covered up. The way she was dressed, however, was not what drew attention to her. Trist's humanoid appearance was what attracted glances and gazes upon her. That, and her dreadlock ponytail was rather long. Feeling that she needed to lay low and simply wait for someone else to come along, Trist found a quiet, dimly lit booth in an isolated corner. Now, all she had to do was wait and watch for her opportunity to ask for the assistance in understanding this world.
The_Terror
The_Terror

Back to top Go down

Warm-Up Role-play (Actual Role-play) Empty Re: Warm-Up Role-play (Actual Role-play)

Post by Shrike Marine Fri May 11, 2018 9:42 pm

-She would not be the only one looking for answers and questions. Another figure had recently come to this part of the world, Unlike her this was the world he hailed from. 

Why was he here at this location, this place, strange one might ask He had his own task at hand a almost similar one in that matter, what with happening over the last few days, he needed help and answers answers on such questions you wouldn't hear about on a daily routine.

Entering from the nothing this fairly tall, well equipped and armored figure could be some times unmistakable for soldier of the global military force known as the G.U.N, closer inspection would reveal otherwise.

Who was this mysterious figure, hardly any one knew, and thus he seemed quite content to keep it that way. Now this location was one he had not visited, sure Mobius was dotted with all kinds of towns and cities. 

The main ones were just far larger, vibrant and of course well know. This was seeming a little off the grip in terms of location. Just the kind of place he enjoyed.

Walking down the streets towards local bars and clubs ahead, tough to choose which to go to. As he passed under street lights they lit him up exposing the full look of BDU clothing and military grade armor and gear. 

A head weapon slung over his shoulder was a reminder not to start trouble with this figure, a sophisticated helmet covered the figures face with a distinct dark blue visor. 

He would pause only a moment to see who was open and who was close. Straight bar with him would be the first stop, he in fact was looking for some one. 

With a slam the bar doors swung open, he walked in calm, his distinct black steel cap combat boots making thuds as he approached the counter..no doubt turning a few heads.

He paused once more too check out his surroundings before taking a seat at the bar counter. He tapped the side of his helmet for some reason, unsure of what that was doing, was it a signal or something, no one but him knew.

Tho he did seem out of place in a Bar/Night club, he looked like he could tear the place apart. Slowly he called the bar tender over and spoke to him about a certain character, totally obliviously to the female wolf inside.-
Shrike Marine
Shrike Marine
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Warm-Up Role-play (Actual Role-play) Empty Re: Warm-Up Role-play (Actual Role-play)

Post by TheBardPrincess Sat May 12, 2018 12:39 am

She had been waiting outside before a high-pitched beep rang loudly in her sensitive cat ears, causing her to jolt and cringe, "Ack- ow... There's gotta be a better way to do this..."
She twisted the little earpiece in her ear and sighed, before stepping in.

Julian opened a door slowly, looking around. Her expression seemed confused and uncertain and her eyes went wide - for a room so lit up it seemed so... dark.
She rarely went into these places, wasn't much of a drinker and had two loving people back home and even if they said they didn't mind she was too innocently-minded to even consider. The few times she'd been to one she felt uncomfortable and strange - now was no exception...

She was pretty tall for a cat, so she too stood out similarly to the wolf, and just like the wolf she was away from her home planet. Whether it was the same planet or not would probably be left uncertain...
The chubby kitten looked around for Shrike, noticing a strange looking wolf in the distance but not making much note of them for now. Shrike wasn't hard to miss, she quickly sat down at his booth...
"Why did you want to come here again?", she whispered, unsure and bothered by some if the stares.
The wolf was getting some stares too.

(I think I may have misinterpreted lounge but in all honesty ill just keep it like this no one else really described the room yet I think)
TheBardPrincess
TheBardPrincess
Staff
Staff

http://pyrode.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Terror Sat May 12, 2018 1:29 am

(Yeah. I... uh... I am not the best at describing things. I find describing things to be boring and tedious, so I try to keep my descriptions short. Although, my meaning of "short" seems to be "non-existent".)
The_Terror
The_Terror

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolf478 Sat May 12, 2018 3:53 pm

It was not Darken's day. It was now that some people were out to get his neck, and the show was only beginning. 

Not often was it that he would enter a bar, and it was even rarer when he did it in his aggravated form. The bullet inside his left arm had somehow triggered his metamorphosis, and not allowing it to reverse.

A good drink and a huge headache was what the large wolf needed to either knock himself unconscious or earn him a place in the local prison.

The Two-metre tall grey wolf had messy fur scuffed all around his entire body, and sharpened claws sprung from his hands, but showed no malevolent intent.

Most of the figures in the bar were standard drinkers, or workers that needed a break. But there were three characters within that were unusual; A Female Wolf, an apparent G.U.N soldier, and a Cat. These three together could prove quite the challenge, and the Wolf was on guard.
Wolf478
Wolf478
Staff
Staff

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbJFpfGfur74HDRCDFl7bqg

Back to top Go down

Post by C.S.O. Sat May 12, 2018 6:44 pm

*What in the world am I doing here?*

The question still lingered in his mind as he had yet to formulate a suitable response. Yet here he was. In this place that was referred to as a 'lounge'. Although there didn't seem to be much lounging around actually going on.

Several patrons of this establishment were sitting around tables noisily interacting with one another so as to be heard over their equally noisy neighbours at the next table. The bar area was comparatively loud as well, with people ordering and drinking and conversing. Then since this locale was enclosed, all the noise seemed to just echo off  the walls and back into the room.

This was one of the reasons that Wolf hated crowds.

He figured he'd stop in town for the night. His funds were low but he needed some form of lodging as well. After being busy for several days, he wanted someplace reasonably comfortable to rest that would also offer him a chance to get cleaned up. The third rate motel he'd gotten a room at barely qualified for such, but it would suffice.

He figured that he'd take care of such things after eating. That would be why he was currently here. There were other alternatives of course... but other dining establishments tended to pricey for their experience.

Given this experience, Wolf was seriously reconsidering his idea of wandering out of town and catching something himself. At least it would be quiet then...

As it was, he remained hunkered down at one of the tables, slouched forward, so that his chin and muzzle actually rested on the tabletop. His silver fur seemed to stand out in the lighting, especially against his dark blue shirt and jeans. His ears were folded back to try and spare him from some of the noise around him. A glass of water sat on the table beside him... and hadn't that earned him several dirty looks when he'd ordered it. Now he just waited for his order of food to arrive.

He'd occasionally glance around as he waited. From his vantage point on one side of the room, he could see people coming and going. He noted the arrival of a couple of surprisingly tall wolves who'd entered, as well as another tall figure in what appeared to be combat gear... surprisingly familiar looking combat gear.

*Oh... look who it is.* Wolf thinks, *Maybe I'll go and say hi... After that craziness in Spagonia, I don't know if I want to get mixed up in anything else he might be involved in... But I guess it's better to be aware of it than not.*

He glances over towards the bar.

*But... I think I'll wait until after I've eaten... Maybe this place will have quieted down a bit by then too.*

He sighs softly.

C.S.O.
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Terror Sun May 13, 2018 11:34 am

Trist would watch the unique characters enter the establishment one by one, each of them with a story of their own to tell. What she had to work with was a cat, two wolves, and a human. When Trist caught the scent of the human, her eyes went wide. A human, she thought, caution and anger racing through her mind. Why does it have to be a human that I have to ask? Trist could ask the cat for help, but the wolves might be easier to convince simply due to the fact that they were of the same species as Trist herself. She had to consider her options carefully and use her charm to her advantage if she wanted this to work out. Alright, Trist. Here we go, the female wolf thought to herself before getting up.

Even the action of getting up from the quiet table somehow managed to attract a few stares and looks from nearby patrons. In fact, now thinking about it, every single motion, no matter how subtle it was, garnered glances and gazes. Then again, as stated before, Trist was used to this. As Trist made her way over to Wolf's table, she made quick, small notes to herself about the lounge. The lounge wasn't exactly the greatest on the planet, but it was an alright place to go to and relieve some built-up stress. The bar was kept clean, the bartender was wearing some fine clothes, and the tables were kept mostly clean as well. Trist wasn't one for business, but she noticed the absence of several things inside the lounge. The place lacked a dance floor, something that every self-proclaimed "bar" or "lounge" should have. No stage for local bands was to be found, something that, if present, was sure to bring in more customers and money. Finally, only a jukebox was the only thing that was playing music, and it wasn't very loud. If the place wasn't clean, Trist would've referred the lounge as a dive bar.

An idea suddenly sparked within Trist's mind. If she could get Wolf or someone else drunk, then they'd be far more willing to help. Trist almost immediately changed course, heading to the bar counter and taking a seat, leaving a space between her and the G.U.N. soldier, for she wanted nothing to do with a human. Ironically enough, she had to deal with the human bartender. "Hey, barkeep," Trist called, trying her best to keep from glancing over to the soldier's direction. "Any chance you can make me an Old Fashioned?"
The bartender, a man in his early twenties, would look at Trist with a bewildered look. The man had a beard, slicked back hair, and a tan complexion to him. "An Old Fashioned? What's that," the man asked.

"It's a drink," Trist replied, wondering if this world knew mixology. "You don't serve it here?"
"No. Aren't you a little tall to be a Mobian? What are you? Some lab experiment," the man rudely asked. Trist simply blinked, unsure of how to respond. Everyone else around her wasn't receiving this kind of treatment.
"Okay. Just get me a beer," Trist ordered, placing a five dollar bill she had gotten from her back pants pocket and placing it down on the counter. The bartender took the five dollar bill, stared at it for a while, and looked back at Trist before handing the bill back.
"You even old enough to drink? Why are you handing me pieces of paper," he asked.
Trist, caught off guard and getting a few mocking laughs from nearby patrons, would sigh before pulling her wallet out from one of her pockets and handing over her ID. The barkeep would take the ID and carefully examine it, trying to make sure that he wasn't being fooled. After a close observation, the man would hand Trist back her ID and state, "Look, I don't know what prank you're pulling, but you need to get out. This is a business for paying customers; we do not serve people like you."

Taking offense to the last statement, Trist's voice would begin to raise in volume. Her body would tense up, as if she were readying herself for a fight. "People like me? What's that supposed to mean," she asked, obviously getting aggravated with the situation. The bartender, seeing the signs of aggression, would back away, knowing that he would have witnesses if Trist decided to attack. Now that a scene was unraveling before everyone's eyes, Trist's mission was taking a turn for the worst. "Leave, or else I'll get my manager or this G.U.N. soldier here to settle this. I don't think you'd want to go to jail, do you," the bartender replied.
"Says the one cowering behind a bar counter. What? You can't throw me out yourself," Trist challenged back, becoming more and more irate as the conversation pressed on.
The_Terror
The_Terror

Back to top Go down

Post by Shrike Marine Sun May 13, 2018 12:11 pm

-The armored figure found himself waiting a good deal of time, figures came and went inside this bar, no stranger to the environment, keeping mostly to himself this out place freelancer was obviously waiting for some one to pitch up, case in note of him constantly looking over his shoulder towards the entrance coupled with the constant tapping of his fingers upon the counter.

Tho he could not help but feeling..uneasy, like he was being watched, the armored figure felt it many times where ever he went, but here..here it was really eating at him, tho unable to really tell who it was. 

Finally she arrived, Shrike looked back waving his hand at her so the Cat knew straight away where he was. After she had made her way to him, she asked him a sensible question of why she was to come here.- 

"Good you could make it Julie, I know this is not the best of places but I have intel that the guy I am looking for in regards to getting you home..may be here at this very city...his name is Lysander..Marcus Lysander..a former scientist from the now defunct Horizon Reach Corporation, myself and him have know each other for years now. If any one can figure this out..he can..it's just finding-"

-Shrike was cut off by the introduction of another character, he was big..he was bulky..and Shrike knew exactly who he was from first place, tho rather worried seeing him in this current form.- 

" God damn Draken is that you!? Hey! Come over here!!...Don't worry Julie he won't do any thing stupid he knows who I am....HEY DARKEN!!."

-Shrike seemed to try and get the large grey wolfs attention, hopefully his presence may calm him down a bit..if he could get Darken over here, her odds of going home may have just dramatically gone up. Tho he did assure Julie this large wolf would pose no harm to her.

Something else was catching the freelancers attention, a being was causing a lot of ruckus at bar counter. Some one was complaining to the bartender about a certain, drink ? That he was refusing to give her, due to them being really close to the counter he heard the whole story. It was getting heated up real fast, last thing Shrike needed here was a bar fight to break out..especially with Darken here in his...pissed off form. He had to take matters into his own hand and solve this.- 

"Excuse me a moment Julie..got a little..matter to solve...Also if Darken comes over, that big grey wolf...just be nice to him...he won't hurt you..promise."

-Shrike excused himself from their sitting and slowly made his way over to where the wolf and bartender were having a go at one another.He heard the whole story so no need for him to ask what was going on. 

Slowly he seemed to pull the currency of this world, placed it on the counter and pushed it towards the bartender.- 

"Get what the lady asked for...or perhaps you are the one who would like to go to jail for a couple of nights. So I suggest you just play nice ok being a asshole won't get ya far."

-He tipped his helmet to the lady, perhaps this would solve this little dilemma, he was sure the bartender would not want to aggravate the armored trooper. He made himself quite clear about his gesture. The armored figure slowly returned to where Julie and hopefully Darken where now meeting at.-

"Sorry about that you two, just wanted to stop a potential bar fight from busting out." 

Last edited by Shrike Marine on Sun May 13, 2018 3:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Shrike Marine
Shrike Marine
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolf478 Sun May 13, 2018 12:28 pm

The Wolf, who had seated himself inside a booth, had nearly garnished himself in the stares of people inside the bar. People were only looking at five people in the bar, and he was one.  The constant stares however was quite intimidating.

Then, it appeared that Darken had completely missed the entrance of a familiar face, or hadn't noticed him on the way into the establishment.

The Figure was none other than Shrike the freelancer. 

Darken roused himself from the slightly cracked leather seat and moved over to where Shrike had originally been; with a tall cat, however, Darken still towered over her. Even sitting next to the cat, the wolf felt guilty, as his appearance would surely intimidate anyone who he gazed upon.

The wolf said nothing, but took in the features of the female. Tall, slightly rounded, and wearing some gear that was not easy to identify in the wolf's current state.

After familiarising himself with the appearance of the Cat, Darken looked over to where Shrike had departed to, there was a slight quarrel at the bar, apparently over a drink and currency. Such things were somehow incomprehensible to the Wolf.
Wolf478
Wolf478
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by TheBardPrincess Sun May 13, 2018 1:10 pm

Julian was listening though the sudden change in subject felt more like a panic switch then it did Shrike finding another alternative.
She saw the beast and given she already deals with a bear, a literal barely describable beast known as a "Diablur", and their shadows, she wasn't too concerned. She was told he could help and she didn't mind.
She stayed mostly silent as Shrike kept going, even seeming to interrupt himself a few times, before the counter started to get loud...

"What are you doing handing me pieces of paper?!", Julian heard loud and clear shortly before Shrike stood up, attracting her attention to the counter as the human bartender waved around a $5 dollar bill as if mocking the woman. Julian quickly rushed to grab her wallet which had a mascot of some video game series from her world(eh, for the sake of not breaking the 4th wall in such a silly manner let's say it's not Sonic) and found her normal currency... American dollars. She was from Earth.
The panic settled in as Shrike walked off and she quickly put her wallet in her pocket and just as quickly the beastly wolf sat down.

Now, considering they were Mobian(presumably), she was a little surprised to see them taller than 5 feet, her girlfriend back on Earth seemed pretty tall for an Earth creature and humans here weren't that short, she assumed this person didn't really belong classed with other anthropomorphic animals, not considering this was just some special form.
The strange look he seemed to give her was not unexpected but certainly didn't feel right, though it was apparently directed at her "gear".
Unless he was confused by the earpiece, which she felt to make sure it was still there, she was even more confused because from what she's seen, what she's wearing wasn't too out of the ordinary - she did find time to get a jacket which is why she could comfortably cone here in the daytime, but beyond that... She had tennis shoes, long pants to protect her legs from sun, ECT. She wasn't really abnormal she thought.

Almost immediately as the wolf sat down, noticing the girl being handled at the counter, Julian almost immediately started speaking, "Hello! My name's Julian, Shrike told me you were Darken, how are you?"
Whether it was the crowded room, the constant noise, or the revelation someone nearby could be in the same boat she's in, she was so clearly panicked. It could be seen in her deep crimson eyes that for as nice as she wanted to come off as she currently hated everything.
TheBardPrincess
TheBardPrincess
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by C.S.O. Sun May 13, 2018 3:26 pm

Wolf remains still over at his own table. For the most part, only his eyes move as he'd picked a good place to observe from, where only the corners of the room nearest him were out of his field of vision.

So he watches as the tall female wolf made her way across the room from her table over to the bar. He spots a cat making her entrance and then joining the armoured soldier at his table.

*Huh... Go figure.* He thinks, *For such a generally intimidating figure, he sure knows and socializes with a lot of people... More than I do certainly.*

Through the noise, Wolf could hear a slightly louder commotion coming from the bar area. He had no chance of making out any details from where he was, but Wolf could at least see that the tall wolf was having some sort of confrontation at the bar.

Wolf sits up slowly at his table, placing his paws on the tabletop and starting to rise. He pauses however as he saw the soldier get up and head for the bar himself. Wolf watches as the soldier intervened and seemingly defused the situation.

With that, Wolf sits back down, seeing as there was no need for him to try and get involved now.

*Huh... Beat me to it, it would seem." Wolf thinks.

He then notes that the other big wolf he saw enter the lounge a little while ago had moved over to join the cat at the soldier's table.

*Hmmm... Friend of hers or his?* he wonders, *Either way... it would mean more people to deal with if I go over there to say hello...*

As he mulls over that situation, Wolf picks up his glass and takes a mouthful of water from it. As he sets the glass back down, he spots a female server leaving from the bar area and heading in his direction with a tray in hand. He watches her expectantly.

*Oh please be my food... I'll be one step closer to going someplace quieter...* he thinks.

C.S.O.
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Terror Sun May 13, 2018 4:51 pm

Trist was edging closer and closer to losing her temper the more she had to interact with the man. Dealing with humans was always a headache for the female wolf. Just as things were getting heated, both Trist and the bartender were surprised to see the G.U.N. soldier diffusing the situation through intimidation. In response to the threat, the bartender reluctantly began to make Trist's drink after taking payment, ensuring that the quality was as awful as possible. This was payback for being forced to make the drink. "Enjoy," he said, his tone sounding forced and of false sincerity. Trist would simply nod before taking the drink. As much as she wanted to criticize Shrike, Trist knew better than to bite the hand that feeds. All that the female wolf did to express her gratitude was glance to Shrike and his friends before leaving the bar and once again making her way over to Wolf's table.

Just stay calm and be pleasant, Trist thought, taking a few deep breaths to keep cool. Once the girl had made her way over to Wolf's table, the female wolf would sit down and smile lightly, making sure not to come off as creepy or awkward in any way. "Hey," she greeted. "Hope you don't mind me socializing with you for a few moments. I um... I thought you might be thirsty or at least wanting to relax, so I managed to get you a drink." As she spoke, Trist's American Southern accent made itself known. She didn't really mean to let her accent slip, but it did on occasions such as this. Of course, growing up in the South, Trist was oblivious to her own accent. "This place is very different than what I have back home. I've never been to this part of the world. The people here are... curious individuals," Trist commented, glancing back at Shrike, Julian, and the other wolf whose name was Darken.
The_Terror
The_Terror

Back to top Go down

Post by Shrike Marine Sun May 13, 2018 5:36 pm

-Upon sitting back down Shrike made sure to give the bartender a well advance notice he was watching him, last thing he wanted was trouble of any kind in a place such as this where beings can easily be set off at  moments notice. Shrike peered back over to Darken who still seemed to be...well...not turning back to his former self.-

"Darken...um..I see something is a miss....oh wait..Darken your left shoulder..damn man what happened to you..got yourself mixed up in another wrong place wrong time situation ?...That looks like a gunshot...oh boy...we gonna need to take care of that soon but you need to...some how calm down...I may need your help.

-He foremost had to explain why he was here and why he brought Julie along with him.-

" Alright this is Julie Darken, to sum it up in a nut shell, She....doesn't exactly....belong here if you know what I mean, even simpler she is not from this world...now I know that may seem really ridiculous at first and mad but it is true. I met her a few days back and she explained every thing. 

I'v come here to see if I can find Marcus Lysander. You remember Rex right Darken..That mech pilot who operated his Atlas mech to save our asses during that desert operation near a Fortress. Well his dad is Marcus Lysander, A scientist unlike any other. Problem is... I have not seen in in 4 years since the Ark Gate crisis, Tho I heard he is here in this city...right now we need him and probably you to help us figure out a way to get her home. 

Lysander was responsible for technology that delved into Interdenominational rift and teleportation but the last time they tried it..there were...horrific consequences, not for those who we sent through...but what came back out in this world. Still its worth a shot. I need you to settle down and gather yourself I need your help and she will too. 

-Shrike explained the story to Darken, knowing that he was a scientist/Inventor of his own, he's skills could invaluable to this task, tho what Shrike was not telling them was the incident that happened 4 years ago which was the primary reason he deserted G.U.N in the first place.

Ever so often the armored figure would glance over to the bartender then further more over his shoulder to where the lady wolf had gone over to, there he saw her and another wolf, this wolf was indeed familiar, how familiar. Well the two had crossed paths before..probably most notability was the Spagonia incident. He let out a small wave towards him, letting him know he knew he was there and greeting him in a sense. He would turn back to Julie- 

" I think the odds of you going home just went up, As soon as we find Lysander and along with Darken's skills things may just be looking good for that one way trip home you been looking for."

-He said with a smile, not that she could see, what with that helmet on his head and all.-
Shrike Marine
Shrike Marine
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolf478 Mon May 14, 2018 9:04 am

The unnatural Wolf shot another glance at the Earpiece being worn by the Cat, unsure as to it's purpose. Darken realised he was staring, and was broken out of his analysis by the Feline's speech, who's name was apparently Julian.

"Heh... Hel... Hello Jooly-ann."

Due to the characters current state, he had quite some difficulty speaking English, and had an even harder time speaking it in a way that was understandable to those around him. When he did, it came out in a rough growl.

Soon enough, Shrike had returned to join them. A relief since the Ex-G.U.N soldier was the only one that Darken truly knew at the bar, and was the only one here that knew of the Wolf's true state. Everyone else stared, assuming he was some sort of monster of beast of some kind. 

"People Tried to... steal my Re... Research. They attacked me... Bullet won't... let me change."

Shrike had indeed taken notice of the bullet-wound in his shoulder, and seemed a little shocked by it. And Darken himself was shocked about the gunfire at the time it had happened. The freelancer had also stated that the Darken's assistance may be needed, whether in his Wolf form or Fox form wasn't clear. But what was clear was that Shrike seemed to be partial to the presence of the latter. 

"I... Understand. But no... need to... Explain."

In truth, Darken, regardless of his physical state, hated the concept of time-space continuum and inter-dimensional travel, and the very thought of it gave him a headache. There were too many possibilities presented when different realities were taken into account. Then Shrike continued, speaking of Rex, and Rex's Father. Rex had saved Darken and a handful of soldiers lives out in a desert near an Empire base. G.U.N was renowned inf Darken's book for that mistake.

"How... How can I... Be of assistance? I don't know... How to... Revert myself."

It would seem that the situation had just got interesting, and apparently all of the curious figures within the lounge were linked somehow, as Shrike threw each one a curious glance.
Wolf478
Wolf478
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by TheBardPrincess Mon May 14, 2018 3:26 pm

Julian recognized the speech - definitely bestial, she could at least understand them. They made her feel homesick just talking to them, her mood notably worsened sitting there...
She listened to the two back and forth, and thinking if she could help with the bullet, she cringed as her imagination ran wild. She wasn't sure how to feel now...

"Are you okay... Darken?", she had to remind herself to not refer to this person in this state as anything she'd call Blustille. "I- I mean, clearly not but... but...", she couldn't think of much to say, "We need to get that bullet out, Shrike do you know how?"
If not for Darken's sake, then Julian's before she breaks down. She knows she's going home but she missed them so much...
TheBardPrincess
TheBardPrincess
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by C.S.O. Mon May 14, 2018 11:39 pm

As it turned out, the server was bringing Wolf's order to him. He had a large plate covered in plainly cooked chicken wings set before him and he eyed it eagerly.

*Finally... I hope this has been worth the wait.* he thinks as he picks one wing up and pops it into his mouth.

He crunches through the meat and bones rather noisily, but given the volume of the surroundings, what addition he makes to it is hardly noticed. After chewing a swallowing, he glances back down at the plate.

*Hmmm... I've had better... but these aren't too bad.* he then thinks, *They aren't that fresh I suppose.*

He picks up another wing and proceeds to eat it as well. He closes his eyes as he does so, just trying to ignore everything else around him for a moment and simply enjoy his food. Once he was done with that one, he opens his eyes again... it's then that he notices that tall female wolf from earlier taking the last few steps on her journey from the bar to his table.

He continues to stare at her silently as she takes a seat in one of the other chairs at his table. His eyes widen slightly and he quickly looks over to his blind spots in the room, just to look for anything out of the ordinary that he might have missed. Once he was reassured that nothing appeared to be amiss, he focuses back on the female wolf. She greeted him, offered him the drink she had been holding, and struck up further conversation as well.

For a few moments, Wolf was dumbstruck.

*Did... she... come to me? I don't even stand out in this crowd... yet she came over to join me...* he thinks, *Okay... just keep calm. She's talking to you and offering you a drink. Just... keep it simple... and see where this goes.*

Wolf swallows a bit nervously.

"Oh um... hello. I, uh, don't mind the company." he replies, "I think I might, uh, pass on the drink offer though. I try not to drink in public... The last time I did so, things got... awkward."

He glances away for a few moments.

"Yeah... so, I think it would be best if I took any drink offers someplace more private." he adds.

His eyes then widen slightly and he looks back towards her.

"Not that I'm suggesting that we should go anywhere more private! I mean... I don't know if that's what you came over here for or not... I shouldn't assume anything. But I'd be okay with it either way and... and..."

Wolf trails off, clearly flustered at having lost whatever initial train of thought he'd had.

*Very eloquent. I'm certain that she'll begin swooning any moment now.*

His gaze drops towards the table and settle on the drink she'd brought over.

"On second thought... maybe I could use a bit to drink..." he says.

Not meeting her gaze, he reaches over, grabs the glass and then quickly takes a mouthful. Immediately afterwards, he visibly winces as fights back the urge to gag and spit it back out, which would likely result in him drenching his new companion. Through a sheer display of willpower, he is able to avoid spraying out the mouthful of liquor, which burns the insides of his mouth in the few moments that pass.

Wolf then does his best to swallow it down, resulting in it burning the rest of the way down his throat as well. His sets the glass down with a thump, sloshing its remaining contents around within it, and begins coughing as soon as he's able to get in a lungful of air.

His eyes settle back on his own glass as he turns his away. He quickly snatches it up and then downs its contents to try and soothe his mouth and throat.

*Well... that certainly could have gone a lot better.* he thinks has he sets the glass back down a bit more gently than the other one, *It's hard to imagine going that much worse mind you...*

Blushing and embarrassed, Wolf sits there quietly as he catches his breath.

Last edited by C.S.O. on Wed May 16, 2018 11:14 pm; edited 1 time in total

C.S.O.
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Terror Wed May 16, 2018 8:49 am

Trist quickly caught on to Wolf's behavior, realizing that he was acting rather bashful about her presence. [i]Maybe I can use this to my advantage[/i], Trist thought, wondering how best to proceed in this situation. After hearing his first statement, Trist would nod, showing that she was paying attention. What caught her off her guard and made her blush was when Wolf added that he thinks it would be best to drink in private. While it wasn't wisely worded, Trist knew what Wolf meant. With things taking an awkward turn, Trist became silent. She didn't exactly know what to say next.

Tapping her finger on the glass, the female wolf would simply sit in silence until Wolf accepted the drink. The girl would nod before pushing the drink towards him. Although she did her best to avoid making eye contact, Trist did watch Wolf try to keep down his drink. Seeing his reaction almost made Trist laugh. "First time," she asked, trying her best to stifle a laugh. As much as she didn't want to admit it, she did find it cute how he had difficulty trying to keep his drink down.

Of course, after her question, it was back to the awkward moments of silence. It took a while for Trist to think up of what to say next. "I um... I'm new to this part of the world, and I don't know that much about this country. Think you can tell me anything you know about the people, the culture, and the government? I just like to learn new things," she stated. Trist was hoping that her small lie would be enough to convince Wolf of her reasoning behind wanting information about the area.

Trist would glance back to the soldier and his friends. While she didn't associate with humans and their friends, she could probably use their help as well. The only problem was how she was going to recruit them. "Also, do you think you can get those people to tell me about this country? I'm usually nervous about being in groups of people," Trist asked, coming up with a convenient excuse as to why she didn't want to ask Shrike, Julian, and Darken for their help personally.

Last edited by The_Terror on Thu May 17, 2018 12:29 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : I fought the law, and the law won.)
The_Terror
The_Terror

Back to top Go down

Post by Shrike Marine Wed May 16, 2018 9:18 am

-Huh so he was capable of speech in this current form, very interesting, it would have to do for now but Shrike was going to need Darken back to his usual self if they needed his full potential, at least they cleared the hurl with introductions out of the way. 

He knew how to solve this issue, problem was it was going to be a bit of pain involved, with out drubs to dull his sensors Shrike was going to have to yank the shell directly out of his shoulder by force. 

"Don't worry Darken, I can remove that bullet from your shoulder, since I out of morphine this is gonna hurt  a bit, however it shall only last a couple of seconds, I'll pull that sucker out with a pliers like tool-"

-He couldn't just rip a bullet out in front of Julie that would be...out of line no to mention really awkward for every one else, he was going to have to take the large wolf out side to do this.-

"Darken we gonna need to go out side to sort your shoulder, sorry man there is no other way, pretty sure you don't want it stuck in there, besides I got a bandage on station, one of those new type ones that sells off any chance of blood loss, going to need to see you out side for a moment, Julie we won't be long, promise I will be back."

-The armored figure stood up waiting for Darken to exit the bar so he could fix his shoulder
With plier in hand and bandage in the other, he first had to make sure Darken was ready for this, old school bullet removal at its finest.- 

"Alright Darken, I suggest you clench your teeth and shut your eyes, this is gonna hurt like hell for a while..you read ?" 

-He positioned the tool upon near the bullet first waiting for Darken to give the all clear to proceed.-

(Fixed)

Last edited by Shrike Marine on Thu May 17, 2018 11:30 am; edited 2 times in total
Shrike Marine
Shrike Marine
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolf478 Wed May 16, 2018 12:28 pm

The cat named Julian seemed rather embarrassed about talking to him, which he considered fair, he himself was not sure how to address his current state. She then turned to Shrike, preferring to talk to someone of the same linguistic capabilities and, fair enough to assume; better mental stability.

To Darken's relief and resignation Shrike had finally suggested removing the Projectile from his arm. It would be extraordinarily comforting to not have to feel the metal rub against his flesh, and it would also be a transition of much pain.

Naturally the procedure could not be done inside the Bar, and it would need to be done with precision. Crowds tended to be too peripherally distracting, and could cause any manner of difficulty. 

Darken simply nodded and stood up from the table at which Julian sat, from there he moved to the exit. He was grateful that the Ex-G.U.N personal was there, if not he might have been stuck in this form for a long time.

After a quick scan of the outside area and surrounding premises, Darken crouched to allow Shrike to ready for the extraction. The wolf did as instructed and clenched his jaw, so as to prevent him from screaming/roaring and waking up any sleeping residents in the area or any of the remaining persons that had tried to kill him.

Darken Nodded again and gripped the ground with his clawed hands, prepared for any pain that would ensue.

Last edited by Wolf478 on Thu May 17, 2018 2:48 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Change of RP situation)
Wolf478
Wolf478
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by TheBardPrincess Wed May 16, 2018 3:49 pm

Julian sat there as Shrike kept speaking, explaining every little detail as if he were a drunk scientist either speaking to himself or not knowing who he was talking to. It made her feel strange about the situation, especially as Darken remained silent this entire time.
That was probably for the best.

Knowing Shrike was leaving shortly, she didn't really mind, nodding nicely as she remained in the chair, but she still felt awkward among the room. Mobians were so... Short. Even the average Mobian, or the chubbiest she's seen, felt so small and she knew people stared at the 5'8" cat. Just like the female wolf over at the other table, who Julian had just looked over at as Shrike and Darken was leaving.

Last edited by ThePromiseIncarnate on Wed May 16, 2018 11:35 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : I would have just rolled with it but lol sure whatever)
TheBardPrincess
TheBardPrincess
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by C.S.O. Wed May 16, 2018 11:20 pm

( OOC: Thank you everyone for accommodating me here. I'll do my best to avoid slowing everything down again. )

Wolf takes a few moments to respond to his companion's first question, but he does shake his head, keeping his head down and gaze away from her.

"No... but what I had before wasn't anything like this." he replies, "This was awful..."

He falls silent again, but remains attentive as she asks him for information about the region and the people who lived here. At that, he frowns slightly.

"Oh... well... I'm afraid I don't really know much in that regard. I'm not from this area. More of a wanderer myself." he tells her.

He glances up towards her to see that she's actually looking over to another table. Then when she asks him about him introducing her to them, he looks over towards the table she'd indicated, which at this point only had one person, a female feline sitting there. Wolf is also surprised that the soldier had gotten up and already moved away. He had missed that while he was recovering from the effects of the drink and his social faux pas.

With that in mind Wolf looks back at the other wolf and he regards her a bit curiously.

"Uh... as I'm sure the first part of our interaction has shown... I'm not very good at socializing with strangers myself." he says a bit self consciously, "You might be better off approaching them on your own. I'm almost certain that she'll be able to converse with you better than I have."

Wolf glances away from her, his gaze falling back on the plate of food sitting on the table. He considers reaching over to grab another wing to eat, but figures he might be better off waiting for the other wolf to leave before doing so.

C.S.O.
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Terror Fri May 18, 2018 7:08 am

(It's cool. Mistakes happen. Ain't nothing to get worked up about.)

Trist wasn't surprised to hear that the drink was awful. Humans were the vengeful type. Then again, all humanoid species had the ability to be vengeful. When her question was met with an answer that Trist didn't want to hear, the female wolf would observe Wolf as intently as she could. Based on his reaction, she could tell he was telling the truth. As far as her second request went, Trist would seem a bit frustrated. She did her best to hide that from Wolf, though. "That's fine. Thanks for trying your best to answer my questions, sir," she replied, ending the conversation as she got up to move to the next person she could pressure into giving up some information about the area.

As was suggested, the female wolf tried initiating a conversation with the husky, fluffy cat known as Julian. Being rather small in terms of height, Trist had to look up at Julian. "Err... Hey there," Trist greeted, not really knowing how else to break the ice. "I'm new to the country and love meeting people. Thought I'd strike up a conversation with you." Back in Trist's world, wolves, both males and females, were usually taller than felines. In Trist's case, however, she was much shorter than felines, canines, and even vulpines in several cases. Trist always hated being so short.

What Trist loved about this encounter, however, was the fact that the armored human had left the group with the other male wolf known as Darken. For as much as Trist stated that she wasn't prejudice against others, she had a strong, passionate dislike of almost any human she came across. The mere thought of being around a human was enough to make Trist's blood boil. She didn't trust them for one bit. The wolf had seen far too many examples that humans were a destructive, selfish, greedy people. There were only a few groups of humans who were the exception from that stereotype. If Trist did have to suffer the experience of being around Shrike, the female wolf would most likely be spending a night in the local jail.

Fortunately, all of that wasn't going to happen. At least, Trist hoped that violence would not take place. For right now, she was relaxed and cool. Plus, to add to her calm state, she was around a cat, one of the animals she loved to be in the company of the most. Even if Julian was an anthropomorphic cat, Trist found cats to be a very, very chilled out animal.

Last edited by The_Terror on Fri May 18, 2018 8:03 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : More details; John Goodman stole my Thanksgiving dinner.)
The_Terror
The_Terror

Back to top Go down

Post by Shrike Marine Fri May 18, 2018 8:58 am

-With the two of them out side they could finally fix this problem, the armored figure had pliers in one hand and some form of bandage in the other, clearly this was going to hurt. 

He could see Darken brace himself, he was going to have to make it quick. Giving nothing more then a simple nod, Shrike shoved the plier into the shoulder grabbing hold of the metal fragmented shell, gripping it tightly, before yanking it clear out of the wolfs shoulder.

Right after pulling it out, to prevent further blood loss, Shrike slapped on the bandage like material and applied a lot of pressure, the pad seemingly attached it self to his shoulder via a substance on the surface that made contact with his shoulder. 

"It's out! It's out, OK! It may burn for a while but that bandage pad does have a mild form of anesthetic it should dull the pain for a short while, but you gonna need to just suck it up for a little while longer..but hey! We got the bullet out!"

-As he said that Shrike tossed away the fragmented casing off into the near by brush, putting the pliers back in from where he took them. 

He went back over to check on Darken to see how he was feeling.- 

"Bet you happy to have that gone arn't you, don't worry some day you will get the pay back on those assholes for shooting you, even if it means I gotta come along for the ride...now lets head back inside I promised Juile we would not be long."

-Shrike stood by the entrance and gestured to Darken to allow him through first before he entered. Tho he did peer into the bar as he could see Julie now had company in the form of the female world, why was she there and what was she asking Julie.-

"Darken, looks like we got company." 

Last edited by Shrike Marine on Fri May 18, 2018 6:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Shrike Marine
Shrike Marine
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolf478 Fri May 18, 2018 3:06 pm

At the moment that Shrike had removed the piece from his arm, Darken was struck with a bolt of lightning pain. But the sharp pain lasted but a second as the pliers were removed and the pancaked bullet with it. An adhesive bandage was then applied, and thankfully Darken did not have to see what was left of the bullet.

After the initial procedure, a dull throbbing pain ensued, an inevitable occurrence. The sensation of the blood pumping into the area was numbed by the pad and it would also quickly cease the blood-flow into the wound and preventing blood-loss and stopping the wound from pooling.

Darken smiled, an awkward smile, as even then the transition had begun. Without stimuli Darken's wolf form would no longer have a reason to be in control, thus the fox could return.

Occasionally, a limb or digit would jerk awkwardly, then move back into place, but normally his body simply down-scaled or shrunk until he was nothing taller than the average Fox.

Suddenly, in nearly an instant, just as his original Vulpine form had returned, Darken became completely oblivious to anything that had transpired in the recent turn of events. However, that did not stop him from feeling the dull throb in his shoulder.

Although, much to the Foxes relief, he saw a familiar and welcome sight; Shrike.

"Shrike! Is it really you? It's been so long since the Shamar Incident! How've you been?"

(I'm new to the whole making locations thing, so if that's not right or in conflict with the whole SRN canon story, please let me know.)
Wolf478
Wolf478
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by TheBardPrincess Fri May 18, 2018 5:55 pm

(To Shrike: Julian hasn't left the booth. I won't make you edit, it wouldn't change too much anyway, just letting you know)

Julian saw the wolf come by and panicked a little. She did find it a good plan to just act natural, but this canine - shorter than her but taller than Mobians and was already known to be from a very similar world - gave off a strange aura that, while it was Chaos energy as with everyone else, felt uncomfortable to be around in general. They were clearly unhappy for their own reasons - Julian was going to have to break it to her that they were in a similar boat, and she knew how. 

"He- hello,", Julian started, reaching for her wallet with one paw while motioning for Trist to sit down with the other, "nice to meet you. Why don't you sit down, my name's Julian, and you are?"
She was silent about it. She pulled out her wallet, took out the rings and put them to the side, before sliding out the dollar bills just enough so that Trust could see. She placed it down within sight range, though out of easy reach.

"I know you're not from thus world either. The man in the armor is named Shrike, he can help us home he says.", Julian whispered, before taking 3/4 of her rings and putting it back in her wallet, pushing the last 4 of the small pile toward Trist, "I don't know much about this place myself - sorry about how that guy behind the counter was treating you. You are gonna need these though, this is the currency."
What a helpful cat. She laid back, looking back as the door opened, seeing the much smaller seeming figure enter along with Shrike, who seemed to forget where they were sitting.
TheBardPrincess
TheBardPrincess
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next