Hello user, SRN is now closed. Feel free to read anything you'd like, but you cannot post.
Thank you for being part of this community.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello user, SRN is now closed. Feel free to read anything you'd like, but you cannot post.
Thank you for being part of this community.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Valentine's Post-Event

+8
DeltaGear
ForevaYoung
Crimson Skies
MikeMurdock
Spekkal
Dione
Hellez Bellez
Dregan
12 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Valentine's Post-Event - Page 2 Empty Re: Valentine's Post-Event

Post by Crimson Skies Sat Mar 03, 2018 8:06 pm

Stella would chuckle. "Nah, none of that," she'd tell him. "I walked. My apartment's not that far away."

And so, the mouse agreed to enter the cat's lair.

This night ought to be interesting.
Crimson Skies
Crimson Skies
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by DeltaGear Sat Mar 03, 2018 9:25 pm

Aaron gave a nod as he headed for the door, "See ya around then miss, just give me a call when you have time," Aaron waved goodbye as he left the restaurant.

~Well, that was an experience,~ Aaron thought as he headed down the street to the airfield to get his stuff from his plane, ~I hope to see her soon so i can see what shes capable of. I'm getting pumped just thinking about it.~ Aaron whistled happily as he went.
DeltaGear
DeltaGear
Master Member
Master Member

Back to top Go down

Post by MikeMurdock Sat Mar 03, 2018 10:46 pm

Nang will smile that he doesn't have to worry about. Besides, if he needs to get back to his apartment he will be able to call in a ride share or a taxi service to get him back, but he will see how the rest of the night goes first.

' Well I am ready to head out when you are.' He is ready to follow Stella to her apartment.
MikeMurdock
MikeMurdock

http://www.spritewars.com/index.php?act=idx

Back to top Go down

Post by Froshana Sun Mar 04, 2018 6:44 am

“All day?” the dragon asked, raising her eyebrows a bit. She glanced towards the window briefly to note the time of day outside. “Oh man, you’re definitely due for some food. And I don’t mind having somebody to talk to while I snack.” Her smirk widened a bit. “It’ll make it look less like I really am just here for free food.”

Tangerine shifted back in her seat a bit. “D’you wanna head over there now?” she asked, “Sitting in here with the smell of food all this time has to be hard.”
Froshana
Froshana
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Dregan Sun Mar 04, 2018 4:28 pm

So through all this, Keandra had yet to leave the bar. She'd already ordered her drink and had it delivered but... looking around, she didn't really fancy taking a seat. Many of the booths were already taken by those who had hit it off with their dates. People were exchanging numbers, pleasantries, the likes.
Those booths which WEREN'T taken... weeell, she'd really rather not sit in one of those alone. Whilst she wasn't exactly feeling terriblep about the evening, she couldn't help but feel the image of her sat by herself there would appear crushingly lonely or sad. She could reeeaaally do without the pity that would come in-hand with that. She had nightmare visions of one of the hosts coming up to her with a 'turn that frown upside-down' and much shoving towards other people - or even invitations to 'future speed dates' to make up for 'how this one didn't work out'. She didn't hold it against them, but she was pretty certain at her age it could be considered a little bit patronising.

No, instead she was content to simply stand by the counter, staring into her glass and swilling her drink. It wasn't really a good drink for swilling. A diet coke with a few bits of ice in it. She was hardly ready to be the lead in a new noir franchise here.
Still, glancing around idly, she did soon come to notice she wasn't the only one there. One other individual had simply planted themselves firmly by the bar, with melancholic mood that far outweighed her own. And she was pretty instantly recognisable.
The girl who had almost set fire to the place.

For a moment, Keandra considered moving away. Still, right now the girl hardly seemed like a danger. She seemed more... miserable than anything else.
On top of that... where would she even go? She'd already decided against going to a booth by herself so... ergh.
Really she could've just walked out and gone home by now. But she'd decided against that already by grabbing a drink. And what was the point in being here if all she was gonna do was take that glass and stand by herself the whole?
Thusly, she decided to justify her presence. At least... for a little while longer.

"So..." she addressed the young stranger, "...Date didn't go too well I take it?"
It perhaps wasn't the most sensitive of openers. At the same time... well, Keandra wasn't exactly standing here with a new partner of her own, so at least they had something mutual to go on.
Dregan
Dregan
Hero
Hero

http://barred.smackjeeves.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimson Skies Sun Mar 04, 2018 6:46 pm

The bunny waved at him also. 

"Call me when you have time."

"Oh, I sure will," she thought herself, blushing. "I sure will."

"Call me when you have time."

Wait.

Ana would get up and search the tables and the chairs.

Nothing.

He didn't leave her his phone number.

Embarrasment quickly turned to anger.

Was this some kind of joke?

Central City was not the biggest city, but was he seriously expecting her to play detective to find him and not give off any creepy vibes?

--------------------------

Grabbing her sketchbook, the cat would follow Nang out of the restaurant.

A smile on her face, she was looking forward towards the rest of the night.
Crimson Skies
Crimson Skies
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by DeltaGear Sun Mar 04, 2018 7:40 pm

As Aaron walked he suddenly stopped, checked his belt and around him, then smacked his forehead.

~I forgot to giver my contact information... I'm an idiot,~ he quickly turned around and dashed back to the restaurant.

Soon he made it back, heading inside quickly to find her again. With luck he found her still at the table with an upset look on her face. He quickly wrote out his number and approached her,

"Heh heh... real sorry about that, I got a little ahead of myself there," he held out the number to her "I honestly didn't mean to run off."
DeltaGear
DeltaGear
Master Member
Master Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Dogy9978 Sun Mar 04, 2018 8:03 pm

"That would be an understatement. " Tofa mumbled turning to see the person who had got her attention. "Aren't you supposed to be heading off with a partner like everyone else?" She asked.
Dogy9978
Dogy9978
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by spark tb Tue Mar 06, 2018 4:24 pm

“Yep, alllll day. I meant to grab some bits and pieces before I actually sat down for the, uh, meetups... but it seemed kinda rude to then sit at the table eating, you know? Serves me right for being busy prior to this though, I guess!” he chuckled lightly, easing himself up onto his feet and glancing over in the direction of the food tables, before glancing back at his companion. He gave a small grin as he nodded “trust me, I doubt you’re alone on that front. Free food is always one of the best parts of these events~ But uh… yeah, lets head over there now.”

He grinned again, before glancing back in the direction of the food-and-bar tables. His gaze briefly lingered on Keandra, his lips pursing a little as he briefly wondered if she was waiting for him or one of her other dates to go over and join her, but before he could even consider asking Tangerine if she wanted to go hang out with them, Keandra was joined by Tofa!
Which, you know, probably meant he shouldn’t wander over and interrupt them mid conversation, because that’d just be plain old rude!

…right?

Well, regardless, he glanced back at Tangerine with a grin, before starting to move in the direction of the food table! He glanced back over his should in a reassurance of his invitation, before just… grabbing something small and beginning to munch because holy shit he was hungrier than expected.
spark tb
spark tb
Expert Member
Expert Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sea Bunny Thu Mar 08, 2018 5:57 am

Sweetie gave a disappointed sigh as the event finally came to an end. She was having a lot of fun. "Well, looks like the round is over." She smiled at Ember before she pushed herself up, now standing on top of the table. "Don't forget to consider my offer~" She smiled and waved at her before lightly kicking herself off the table. Her body refused to touch the ground as she drifted off, levitating about a foot above it.

As she glided around, she kept her eyes out for the green wolf and snow leopard. Luckily, her search didn't last long, for she quickly spotted the both of them over at the snack table. Delighted, her smile widened as her signature ominous grin made an appearance. 

Once again, she took advantage of her almost unnoticeable presence and appeared behind Yukiko without being detected. That is until she blurted out. "Hello there!" Her voice was loud, and it almost seemed as though she meant to intentionally startle the two. She let out a small laugh, amused by her own attempt to scare them.
Sea Bunny
Sea Bunny

Back to top Go down

Post by Dione Thu Mar 08, 2018 2:34 pm

The fact that the both of them enjoyed the cookie more than the should, made Dione laugh quietly. The fact that such a simple treat could bring such similar reactions out of both girls was kind of funny to her. When Yukiko mentioned that they should probably start looking for Sweetie, the canine nodded and took a glass of fruit juice for herself. She was ready to turn around when she saw a familiar figure creeping up behind the purple leopard, but she couldn't quite make out who it was because they were really good at hiding themselves. Dione was about to tell Yukiko to turn around, only to be greeted with a very loud hello and a laugh.

Despite the fact she had seen the fox coming, it still startled her and she nearly jumped, spilling a bit of juice on herself and the floor. "OH MY G-" before she finished she caught herself and shut up. "Hi Sweetie! How were the other rounds for you?" While waiting for the fox to answer, Dione smiled and tried to wipe herself clean with the napkins on the table behind them.
Dione
Dione
Master Member
Master Member

Back to top Go down

Post by ForevaYoung Thu Mar 08, 2018 3:12 pm

As Dione picked up a glass of fruit juice, Yukiko noticed her expression change once she made her way to turn around and walk her way. 

"Hello there!"

Never before in her life has she ever got such a fright. Yukiko literally jumped and squeaked rather loudly, her large purple and white tail puffing up to twice its normal size.
The voice was familiar once she deciphered it after her panic, so she turned around to see the one and only Sweetie that they were just about to go searching for as the culprit. 

Yukiko took a hold of her tail and tried her utmost to smooth it back down to normal size before glancing around in case she attracted attention. "H-hi Sweetie, that w-was a rather abrupt g-greeting..."

She had trailed off, but it was more to do with her realising it was completely safe and it was someone she knew.

Somewhat.

As she looked back around the Dione, she noticed the green canine too had jumped a little, spilling her drink on herself. She she reached for some napkins as well and began dabbing up the excess liquid on the floor.

"We should g-get you a bell, that was rather frightening."
She said it jokingly with a small laugh entwined in her voice as she spoke. At the same time however, she was quite serious. The yellow fox girl was silent in her approach. 

"I would also like to know h-how your other rounds went for you. Please, fill us in?"
ForevaYoung
ForevaYoung
Master Member
Master Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Dregan Sat Mar 10, 2018 1:54 am

Oh. Well, that wasn't the most... _positive_ of responses? Whilst Keandra wasn't exactly expecting Tofa to be 'peppy' after the incident, they certainly expected them to be less... caustic.
Wow their dates must've gone bad. Like, not just that last one but... kinda generally.

The fox also got the impression that this was perhaps their first time. Only they seemed to be jumping to the conclusion that Keandra's very attendance here meant she should obviously have paired up with SOMEONE. In all honesty, with a quick glance around... she had to say the success rate of this evening had been far above what she'd seen from most events like this.
"That would require me to HAVE a partner," the vixen finally responded with a smirk, "Would seem I'm goin' home alone tonight - not for the first time, mind you."
She felt it was good to have a bit of a wry humour about these sorts of things. Otherwise you just ended up... well, as miserable as Tofa looked right now.

"...I'm Keandra," she finally introduced, feeling names would... somehow casual-ify the situation? "Taking it you've probably not been to many of these?"
Dregan
Dregan
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Dogy9978 Sat Mar 10, 2018 2:18 am

"Oh I see.... I retract my previous statement. This would be my first time here. I guess I had my hopes far too high for the end result..."
Dogy9978
Dogy9978
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Dregan Sat Mar 10, 2018 2:34 am

Weeell, that was reasonable. After all, everyone who attended these, well... everyone HOPED something would work out. You didn't attend these things without a little hope - even Keandra who'd attended such things before had HOPE that things would go differently.
Still, she supposed that was where they were different. Whilst Keandra hoped, she'd stopped really expecting. The first time she'd attended one she EXPECTED things to turn out right. These days it was just hope without expectation which... well, was kinda sad when she got to thinking about it.
She thusly implored to stop thinking about it. She didn't need to start pitying herself right now.

"Don't worry, I'm sure you're not the only one," Keandra attempted to reassure her, "I've been to a few of these now. More than I feel I should admit without embarassing myself. Issue is, about 5 minutes with three different people... You're really not getting as much chance to get to know potential dates as you'd expect." Pausing a second, she took a sip of her drink, "Not to say it's not worth trying, you shouldn't like... expect it to go bad. But... I guess don't expect it to go perfect either. You'll always have chance to meet others outside of this too. I know online is really taking off..."

She paused a moment more, before realising her conversational partner had never responded with her own name. Perhaps they were a little less eager for conversation than she apparently was...
Dregan
Dregan
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Dogy9978 Sat Mar 10, 2018 2:52 am

"All you say is true but it is unfortunate that you never got luck in any of these things. Perhaps they just aren't for you." She took another good look at who she was talking to. "I'm tofa."
Dogy9978
Dogy9978
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Dregan Mon Mar 12, 2018 3:25 am

Wwwell. Tofa certainly had her own way with words. Blunt much?
'Perhaps they just aren't for you'? Well, that... may've been true. After all, Keandra had been quite consistently unsuccesful when it came to these things. Still, it didn't mean that it didn't sting a little to have someone casually throw that out there.

Still, the fox could understand. This individual hadn't had the best night of their own, and they were perhaps feeling... understandably bitter.
At least they'd gotten a name now so that was... something? Progress?

"Well..." Keandra attempted to play it off with a shrug, "Y'know... Plenty more fish in the sea and all that." She took another sip from her drink as she pondered. "Well, pleasure to meet you at least, Tofa." ...Iiit was just pleasantries for the sake of pleasantries at this point. But she was floundering.
Dregan
Dregan
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Dogy9978 Wed Mar 14, 2018 4:46 pm

"Ah, yes, there are billions of fish in the sea but the real thing to wonder is which ones are right for you." Tofa cracks her arms as she streched a but on her seat. "It's good to meet you too. " Tofa smiled.
Dogy9978
Dogy9978
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Dregan Thu Mar 15, 2018 3:11 am

...Well, once more, Tofa wasn't exactly wrong. Albeit Keandra felt that perhaps her particular brand of pessimistic world-awareness was not... well, not perhaps for everyone. Not perhaps for Keandra in this case. Hm.
Weeell the fish metaphor was lame anyway. She made a mental note to never use that again.

"Well... yeah I guess," she gave a little bit of a shrug, "Maybe next time they'll host it at a fish market though, eh? Give a bit more of a choice?" It was a horrifyling terrible joke, but right now, more than anything, the fox just wanted to lighten the mood.
At least Tofa was smiling a little? And had said it was good to meet her? So that was... well, that was a relative improvement at least.
Dregan
Dregan
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Dogy9978 Mon Mar 19, 2018 4:23 am

Tofa chuckled a bit at the joke. She didn't find the joke bad. "I don't see much aquatic mobians on the surface. From what I've heard, they prefer to stay underwater. Makes me think what kind of a world is under there. "
Dogy9978
Dogy9978
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Froshana Sun Apr 01, 2018 5:46 am

((YES HI, I post here very late but I post anyway))

Tangerine also rose from her seat shortly after Bastion did, appearing amused by his statement. "Yeah, I guess it could be a little less attractive if you're eating while trying to do a timed date," she agreed.

She did note a pause from the frog, though quite brief. The dragon was already starting off from the table when he glanced back at her, allowing her to return the grin with one of her own. On arriving at the table, her eyes wandered over the available snack options. Of all the things she was, picky about food was definitely not one of them. Bastion seemed to make up his mind quickly and Tangerine soon followed suit, grabbing up a couple of crackers to snack on. At the same time, she glanced around, wondering if they were supposed to treat it like a buffet and use a plate or just grab and eat. She didn't attend nearly enough of these social functions to really know.
Froshana
Froshana
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Sea Bunny Sun Apr 01, 2018 9:08 pm

Upon witnessing their reactions, she placed her hand over her mouth and laughed. While trying to stifle it, she ended up in a small giggling fit. After regaining her composure, the fox gave them a seemingly innocent smile.

Hearing about Yukiko's idea of making Sweetie wear a bell made her grin in amusement. "That wouldn't be any fun at all! No one's supposed to hear me. With that they'd see me before I can even do anything. I can't have them running away." Once again, she said something that didn't seem to make too much sense. Of course, unbeknownst to them, she was referring to her prey. There'd be no point in sneaking up on anyone if they can hear your every movement.

She then began to respond to their question about her other round without giving either of them time to react to what she had previously said. "My last round was an interesting one. Of course, they're all interesting to me. But this one... Ember, I believe. She seemed to be hiding something. Maybe I can't say for sure, but some of her responses to my questions seemed pretty dodgy." She sounded as though she was taking things rather seriously for once, until- "Hmm, oh well! We all have our secrets don't we?" She giggled, but the unsettling aura she possessed returned once more. "She was in search of a job, too! I wonder if she'll show up at my shop. I do need a few extra hands around the place." 

"But what about you two? How did your rounds go?" She returned the same question to them with the same innocent smile.
Sea Bunny
Sea Bunny

Back to top Go down

Post by Dione Sun Apr 01, 2018 10:10 pm

Dione quickly glanced over to Yukiko before answering Sweetie's own question. Some of the comments the fox had made about people running away from her, and the darker secrets people would all have were a bit.. out of place? strange? They didn't quite seem to fit, and the wolf certainly had her questions about it. For now, however, she decided to keep them to herself. It seemed rather inappropriate to just straight out as someone why they were being so weird or out of place.

Instead, she decided to be the first out of the two girls to answer the fox's question directed to the both of them. "Oh! Well.. my second match-up after our round ended was uhm... Awkward to say the least. It turned out he was part of the guild as well and he didn't say much. Holding a conversation was really tough." She scratched the back of her head while smiling awkwardly. "The last round was fun though, but short. Yukiko and I got matched up. It's funny because we knew each other already, but hadn't spoken to each other in quite some time!" 

A sparkle appeared in the canine's eyes as she continued talking. "We should maybe go do something together, the three of us? That seems fun, right?"
Dione
Dione
Master Member
Master Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2