Traditions of the Trade

Page 8 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

Re: Traditions of the Trade

Post by DeltaGear on Sat Apr 14, 2018 7:26 pm

63 stared at the bod y. She was sure he was dead, nothing had been going in his body and there hadn't been any more life energy.

"G-Guys... whats happening to him?"

She immediately pulled herself closer to Emmett as the site unsettled he. But she remained observant as she stood ready to defend the others if something bad was happening.

Main.
"You can break my body... but you cannot touch my soul."
-Gear

"Battle isn't about beating your opponent. It's about two fighting spirits clashing and growing... a betterment of ones self through combat and understanding your limits."
-Aaron

"I'll do what it takes too help everyone. Powers or no powers, anyone can be a hero"
-Darren

Guild cards done by the amazing Electrisa.
Profile picture done by the awesome Spekkal.
DeltaGear
Master Member
Master Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimson Skies on Sat Apr 14, 2018 7:37 pm

Felix would do the brave thing and touch whatever it was that was growing out of the believed-to-be-dead body.

"Strange. It's like silk, but harder, less flexible," he'd say, then jokingly add. "I probably have some sort of disease now."

"The mutagen," Emmett would proclaim. "Perhaps it's doing something to him. Something big."

Crimson Skies
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by DeltaGear on Sat Apr 14, 2018 7:49 pm

63 still remained away from it. Her eye's look on with curiosity and uneasiness.

"What do we do? Do we take it us? Wait on it?"

She didn't exactly like the circumstances. What if it became a mindless corpse or some sorta monster?

Main.
-Gear

"Battle isn't about beating your opponent. It's about two fighting spirits clashing and growing... a betterment of ones self through combat and understanding your limits."
-Aaron

"I'll do what it takes too help everyone. Powers or no powers, anyone can be a hero"
-Darren

DeltaGear
Master Member
Master Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimson Skies on Sat Apr 14, 2018 7:54 pm

"Leave him here," Felix would suggest. "If whatever comes to find us turns out to Nino with a facelift, we're in the clear."

"I'm not leaving anyone behind," Onyx would proclaim. "Even if the mutagen didn't start changing him into who-knows-what, I still would have at least make sure he had a good funeral."

Emmett stayed silent. Both had a point. Picking a side was tough. 63 would have to be the tiebreaker this time.

Crimson Skies
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by DeltaGear on Sat Apr 14, 2018 8:06 pm

63 look around and felt stressed as she realized the final call was on her.

"W-we could... but if we... I-I just..." her mind began to ramble on as she tried to make a decision while the literal stress made her disguise fall apart a little, "How about we... w-wait... it's safer to k-now what happens than leaving something potentially dangerous... r-right?" She held her head as she felt a slight headache. She was tired. Still low on energy. And had been holding her disguise on and off all day. If anything she really need to find some time to just relax at some point.

She let her body shift and lose its disguise. It didn't take a lotta concentration but she felt it wasn't necessary to keep it up.

Main.
-Gear

-Aaron

-Darren

DeltaGear
Master Member
Master Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimson Skies on Sat Apr 14, 2018 8:11 pm

"We're taking him with us," Onyx would assert. "Monster or not, it'll be our responsibility. We'll take turns keeping an eye out. In the meantime, I'll see if I can contact Dema and Timbar."

With a nod, Felix would take the entire table with him, as Nino's body appeared to have glued itself to it.

Crimson Skies
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by DeltaGear on Sat Apr 14, 2018 10:43 pm

63 nodded as she prepared to move out with the others. Her liquid body oozing a little as she stayed alert to whatever may happen and was prepared to get close to Emmett and protect him if need be..

Main.
-Gear

-Aaron

-Darren

DeltaGear
Master Member
Master Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimson Skies on Sat Apr 14, 2018 11:00 pm

The way to the base of Onyx's group was uneventful and fairly mundane. Somehow, even Felix didn't garner any looks, but to be fair, this was one the quieter parts of the city.

Onyx would unlock the door and Felix would rush in, placing the table in the nearest place that could accomodate it. A hard, gray shell had formed around Nino's body, with only a few places left uncovered.

Crimson Skies
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by DeltaGear on Sat Apr 14, 2018 11:39 pm

63, coming out of her disguise, sat down in a chair adjacent to the table. Her body oozed over the chair in a semi fountain as she held her head in her hands. 

She was exhausted, Tired, worn out, she wanted nothing more to just read and relax as her body continued to drip and ooze and puddle around her. She let out a sigh as she looked around the room. Waiting to see what happens next.

Main.
-Gear

-Aaron

-Darren

DeltaGear
Master Member
Master Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimson Skies on Sun Apr 15, 2018 4:11 pm

Onyx would give the cocoon one customary glance, then take out his phone and try contacting the rest of the group. 

In the meantime, Emmett would approach 63. "Go get some rest," he'd tell her. "I'll handle the first shift."

Crimson Skies
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by DeltaGear on Sun Apr 15, 2018 4:37 pm

"Are you sure?" 63 looked up at Emmett, "I-I could wait around a-and... sigh... ok." She was too tired to argue or fight him. She nodded as she "collected" herself and and looked around until she found a couch.

Curling up she soon fell asleep. Her body almost unrecognizable as it oozed all over the couch as she fell completely unconscious and deep sleep. Every once in a while the the slime form that was 63 stirred a little.

Main.
-Gear

-Aaron

-Darren

DeltaGear
Master Member
Master Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimson Skies on Mon Apr 16, 2018 3:19 pm

In the meantime, Onyx managed to contact Dema and Timbar; both would be there soon. Neither would be glad that Felix was now a part of the team, but they needed all the help they could get.

Onyx and Emmet talked about 63 again, but the latter was just stonewalling, either ignoring or not answering any questions.

The cocoon's outer shell was now complete, with something new stirring within.

Crimson Skies
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by DeltaGear on Mon Apr 16, 2018 5:27 pm

63 didn't know how long she had been on the couch Before she had fallen asleep. Having no lungs or other normal body signs nobody could tell she was even alive.

Deep in her sleep she cringed as horrific images started to flash in her mind. Her family, no... HER family, Evelynns fiance, how she killed all those people. In moments her all she saw was the corpses of Emmett and others. Blood covering her hands.

"NOOOO!"

she shot awake screaming. Her body mimicking heavy breathing as her pupils shrunk to nearly nothing. Shaking, she curled up, looking around the room trying to see if anyone was there. If it had all been just a dream. She sighed in relief as she saw Emmett and Onyx talking.

~I-It's ok... just a dream... just a dream...~

She collected herself and started to walked over to the others until she noticed the two new arrivals. Instinctively she concentrated on her disguise. Hoping they hadn't seen her.

Main.
-Gear

-Aaron

-Darren

DeltaGear
Master Member
Master Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimson Skies on Mon Apr 16, 2018 6:38 pm

The first of the new arrivals, Dema, noticed her coming. A doll to her right would stop its dance routine and it's beady eyes would stare into 63's soul.

Dema was, so far, the one with the most colourful attire, with a white top and brown, baggy pants. Her fluffy ears, a cream fur and black lines around both of her arms made her out for something exotic, but unmistakingly cat-like.

Her doll, which was roughly one fifth as big as her, was dressed in a traditional maid costume.

"Well, well, well," Dema would say. "Are you the one we've been hearing so much about?"

The other new arrival, Timbar, a minotaur that towered above everyone else in the room, was quick to diffuse the situation.

"Oh, come on, Dema," he'd say. "Give her a chance at least." His soft voice betrayed his physique, concealed by his blue jeans and suspenders, with just his bare, muscled chest underneath.

Crimson Skies
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by DeltaGear on Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:20 pm

63's body shook.as she was stared at by the new arrivals. The cat-like one in particular didn't seem to like her off the bat. She felt herself start to sucum to the stress, her body once again revert back to its liquid state as she fearfully and shyly waved to them.

"H-hi... I-I'm... uh.... n-... n-nice to meet you...." 63 could barely hold herself together. She just had a nightmare, just delt with someone almost dying essentially, was low on energy. It was safe to say she was an emotional and physical wreck.

She pulled herself together as she quickly went to stand beside Emmett. Being careful not to ooze or fall apart more than she was.

"W-whats his condition?" She aked as she look at the table. Trying to avoid eye contact with the minotaur or cat, "D-do we know anything about whats going on?"

Main.
-Gear

-Aaron

-Darren

DeltaGear
Master Member
Master Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimson Skies on Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:15 pm

"We heard clicking and scraping, but that's pretty much it," Onyx would tell her. "Nothing to get a concrete idea. Still a waiting game."

Crimson Skies
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by DeltaGear on Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:43 pm

She nodded as she listened to Onyx. She looked at the table and watched as the cocoon like bag moved and squirmed.

She shook her head as she resumed her mobian and cautiously approached Timbar. Her eye's flaking to black a little as she greeted him formally. Hold out her hand.

"H-hi... I'm 63. Y-you?" She gripped the violin necklace tightly.

Main.
-Gear

-Aaron

-Darren

DeltaGear
Master Member
Master Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimson Skies on Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:50 pm

"Timbar. Don't suppose I've ever met someone named after a number," he'd say cheekily, giving her a handsake. "You play violin?"

Crimson Skies
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by DeltaGear on Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:00 pm

As he made contact 63's hand would mush a bit and turn yellow. Leaving behind some of the substance.

"S-sorry... b-but yes uh... my name it's... uh... by choice." She quickly reformed her hand and held up the necklace. Letting him get a good look at it. "I do play but i haven't had a chance to play one in a while. It would be nice to find one again.

She smiled as her mind flashed back to memories not her own. But still happy memories.

Main.
-Gear

-Aaron

-Darren

DeltaGear
Master Member
Master Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimson Skies on Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:07 pm

"I know someone that sells instruments like that," he'd tell her. "Often visit him for repairs and whatnot. Might let you burrow a less expensive model."

The gentle giant didn't really mind her sliming his hand; he was told beforehand something like that might happen.

Crimson Skies
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by DeltaGear on Tue Apr 17, 2018 7:12 pm

63 smiled sheepishly, "I-it's ok. I don't need anything fancy or expensive... as long as it plays I'm ok," she quickly absorbed the liquid off of his hand and made sure not to make contact. She didn't want to slime him again.

"S-so... do you play as well?"

Main.
-Gear

-Aaron

-Darren

DeltaGear
Master Member
Master Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimson Skies on Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:28 pm

"Yes. I play the cello and bass," he'd answer, returning the smile. "Me and the others are a band."

Granted, it wasn't very active as of late and only played in pubs, but he enjoyed all of them spending some time together.

Crimson Skies
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by DeltaGear on Tue Apr 17, 2018 10:26 pm

"Really? I-it must be nice to have like minded people to play with..."

She smiled with a little more confidence this time. she restrained herself from going into all kinds of music details and such. She didn't want to become a nerd on the during her first impression.

She turned to the other arrival. Taking note how the doll stared at her creepily. Needless to say this was unsettling and made her more hesitant to approach the cat than the minotaur had.

"U-uhm... h-hi, I'm 63. Nice to meet you."

She waved a little but avoided making physical contact. Keeping her fake form up as to look more pleasing and not... disgusting.

Main.
-Gear

-Aaron

-Darren

DeltaGear
Master Member
Master Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimson Skies on Tue Apr 17, 2018 10:35 pm

"Dema. What does the number denote? The amount of people you've killed?" she'd say, dead serious. "Or is it perhaps the number of puppies you've petted?"

The cat would then smile creepily, from ear to ear.

Crimson Skies
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by DeltaGear on Tue Apr 17, 2018 10:49 pm

63's face froze up at the mention of killIng. She began to sweat as the cat continued to press with the creepy grin. 

Did she know? How could she, they only just met. Was she someone sent to get her? Could she see her past? Was it that apparent?

"E~excuse me... ?"

She began to sweat which soon turned to yellow liquid as fear and stress started to settle in. Flashbacks to some of her mis-deads started to come mind.

Main.
-Gear

-Aaron

-Darren

DeltaGear
Master Member
Master Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum