Hello user, SRN is now closed. Feel free to read anything you'd like, but you cannot post.
Thank you for being part of this community.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello user, SRN is now closed. Feel free to read anything you'd like, but you cannot post.
Thank you for being part of this community.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Traditions of the Trade

2 posters

Page 7 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

Traditions of the Trade - Page 7 Empty Re: Traditions of the Trade

Post by Crimson Skies Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:18 pm

"Yes. If we act immediately." Given how eight hours might have already passed, it was very little other than wishful thinking, him and Onyx believed in hope dying last.

And for Onyx' sake, he hoped they'd get there on time.

The wold's cobalt pellets would bundle up, formimg a crude, yet passable vest. For now, this'll have to do - his commission for a suit woven from magnetised cobalt was still underway.

"Let's not waste any time," Onyx would proclaim, then turn to Felix. "You're going, too."

"What? Why?"

"You've gotten yourself involved." The saber-toothed tiger didn't know the wolf this good. Onyx was dead serious when he said that.
Crimson Skies
Crimson Skies
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by DeltaGear Wed Mar 14, 2018 6:03 am

63 took hold of Emmett and pulled him aside, making sure to be out of earshot from the others.

"I need a favor from you..." she said as she held onto his hands firmly, "When... no... If, I lose control again..." she looked away for a second before letting out a sigh, turning to look him dead in the eye, "My hands aren't clean. I've killed before and that makes me a murderer and a sorry, horrible, demented person. I want you to promise me that If lose control again you WILL take "care" of me. No matter what I say or how much I beg.

She let go as she turned away from him, "I can't live with the thought of taking a life, no matter how close, ever again."
DeltaGear
DeltaGear
Master Member
Master Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimson Skies Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:11 pm

Emmett would hold onto her tightly. Without saying it outright, he reluctantly agreed to make good on that promise.

A large part of him wished he'd never have to carry it out.
Crimson Skies
Crimson Skies
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by DeltaGear Wed Mar 14, 2018 11:09 pm

63 wiped her eyes as she nodded to Emmett, "Thank you... I hope and pray it doesn't come to that." She immediately prepared herself to follow the others. Altering her form to be appear in combat clothing. She wasn't gonna lose control again, never, she couldn't, she wouldn't.

~I will gain control of this. I'm notgonna hurt anyone else again,~ she said to herself as she pep talked herself, trying to give herself more confidence, ~I will protect the others and I save anyone and everyone I can.~
DeltaGear
DeltaGear
Master Member
Master Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimson Skies Sun Mar 18, 2018 5:45 pm

Without further ado, the group would head out to the location mentioned in the tape, with Onyx in the lead.

However, like any other storage unit in the vicinity, only the owner could open it. They were lucky it didn't require a password, like some of the ones they saw on the way.

"Suggestions?" Onyx would turn to the group.

"Cutting through," Emmett would grumble. "It can't be that thick of a metal, can it?"
Crimson Skies
Crimson Skies
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by DeltaGear Sun Mar 18, 2018 6:38 pm

63 felt around the lock. It wasn't air tight she found. Without a word she liquefied her hand and encompassed the lock on the chain. A moment later there was a muffled click as she pulled her had off, Reaveling she unlocked it. Letting the chain fall to the ground she step aside, taking her spot beside Emmett again.

"Uh... I-I got it..." she waved nervously to the others, her hand returning to normal, "Luckily it w-wasn't a digital lock huh?"
DeltaGear
DeltaGear
Master Member
Master Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimson Skies Sun Mar 18, 2018 6:58 pm

Onyx would open the storage unit's double doors.

Immediately, the group would be greeted by a foul, rancid stench of a barely lit room.

There, tied to a table, was something furry and deformed - the source of the stench. The way the table was situated made it impossible to make out anything but the creature's legs - one of which ended with a shriveled, bony hoof.

Onyx and Felix would cover their noses and take care not to step in whatever fluid there was splashed on the floor.

Emmett, being a skunk, didn't really find it that terrible of a smell. He'd follow closely behind, weapon drawn.
Crimson Skies
Crimson Skies
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by DeltaGear Sun Mar 18, 2018 7:06 pm

The smell filled 63's consciousness. Flash backs filled her mind as she suddenly started remember her first waking moments from her past flooded in.
She immediately grabbed Emmett and shut off her smell entirely. Not want to remember or smell death again. She could even bring herself to look at it. If she still had a stomach she would most have likely vomited.

"I-Is he... Is he alive?" She kept her gaze away from it, staying behind Emmett as they got closer.
DeltaGear
DeltaGear
Master Member
Master Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimson Skies Sun Mar 18, 2018 8:34 pm

The creature's one remaining eye was sickly yellow and fighting. From once was its mouth teeth were piercing through its gums and cheeks. Where its nose once was, was just a gap.

It's breathing, pained and heavy, almost inaudible before, was now heard at full volume.

The thing before them barely resembled Nino.

Onyx's eyes filled with tears. "Nino? What-what have they done to you?" He'd go ahead and try to comfort him, but Emmett stopped him from going any closer.

"I'd keep my distance," the skunk would say. "We've no clue what nasty thing he's been injected with. Infection might follow if we so much as touch him."

Like 63, Felix too couldn't bear to look.
Crimson Skies
Crimson Skies
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by DeltaGear Sun Mar 18, 2018 8:49 pm

63 caught a quick glance as got closer, immediately turning away. She couldn't bear to look for too long.

"W-we can't leave him like this... c-can't we do something?"

She wracked her brain trying to think of something. She didn't know how damaged he was so it was hard coming up with anything. She could share her energy and maybe keep him alive for a bit until they could help him. Or maybe if she absorbed his DNA she use that and maybe repair him. But with that stuff all over the area and him... should she risk it? 

"Please... I have to do something...

She released Emmett as she bent down to examine the liquid that was on the floor. Checking its smell as best as she could with the horrid oder in the air. She slowly reached out and placed her hand in a small puddle of it. Testing for a reaction.
DeltaGear
DeltaGear
Master Member
Master Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimson Skies Sun Mar 18, 2018 10:02 pm

Sticking her hand in it would likely prove to be one of the grossest things she had ever done. Had the room been lit better, the compisition and horrible smell would have already given away just what it is.

"A mercy kill," Emmett suggested. "In the however many hours he was locked in here, there's little doubt he was wishing for the sweet release of death."

Onyx's gaze would pierce into him.

"No! Nonono. No," he'd say. "We're getting him out of here. M-maybe someone can help him. Stop whatever's pumping through his veins. There has to be a way!"
Crimson Skies
Crimson Skies
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by DeltaGear Sun Mar 18, 2018 10:14 pm

Again, 63 was both glad she didn't have a stomach... and wishing she did. They had torn him apart... blood, stomach acids, ... some... undesirable fluids. She immediately rejected the stuff from her body as not too absorb it.

She got closer to Nino, listening to his ragged breathing. Calmly she stood next to him, hold her hands above. Not touching, but hovering over him.

"I-I may... I may be able to help him..."  she looked over the damage to his body, checking everything before she readied herself, "I may be to k-keep alive and get him help," she stared at the others, Emmett specifically, "Please... let me try."
DeltaGear
DeltaGear
Master Member
Master Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimson Skies Mon Mar 19, 2018 5:40 pm

Nino's breathing would get faster and he'd start wincing in pain. The damage his body had endured remained the same, but with the added pain of something or someone trying to move him.

The one remaining eye opened wide and the last ounces of energy were being used up to fidget, fruitlessly trying to free himself from the binds that tied him to the table.
Crimson Skies
Crimson Skies
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by DeltaGear Mon Mar 19, 2018 6:52 pm

63 hushed him as her hands liquefied, slipping inside his wounds and other area's as she attempted to try and help him. The first she did was Slip into his spinal cord, cutting off his ability to feel so he wasn't in pain. She then began the long process of try to heal him. But nothing worked, his body was to far go and damaged to heal. 

"I-I can't... " she choked as she felt his life force fading each passing second, "I-I save him... he's... he's going to die..." she couldn't bring herself to let go. She didn't want him to die. As she stood there she let part of her trail into his mind, connecting into it.

~Hello?~ she spoke to him... creating an almost empty mind space too connect too him. To try and give him closer and comfort him, ~please... answer me... don't let your last moments go to waste...~ tears filled her eyes as she concentrated.
DeltaGear
DeltaGear
Master Member
Master Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimson Skies Mon Mar 19, 2018 7:51 pm

A pained voice would answer her plea.

"Y-you?" Nino would say. "Why-why are you... here with me?"
Crimson Skies
Crimson Skies
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by DeltaGear Mon Mar 19, 2018 9:23 pm

63 heard him, he was scared, hurt, afraid.

~I want too help... please...~ her body liquefied more as she covered more of him, cutting off his ability to feel pain. All the while talking to him. She slipped into his mind, trying to subdue bad memories and help him find peace.

~Is... Is there someone you wanna talk too? Onyx? Please... let me comfort you...~
As this was happening she motioned to Onyx to come to her.
DeltaGear
DeltaGear
Master Member
Master Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimson Skies Mon Mar 19, 2018 9:59 pm

Onyx could barely look at his dying friend, tears in his eyes.

Despite her best efforts, it seemed whatever was killing Nino from the inside was approaching its final destination. His legs stopped moving; not because of 63's efforts to calm him down, but because the nerves were dead.

Breathing become heavy and jittery. Heartbeat was irregular.

"T-the others," Even his thoughts struggled with coherence. "Scienist's... after them. Don't let-don't let Rico ta-take them..."
Crimson Skies
Crimson Skies
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by DeltaGear Mon Mar 19, 2018 10:40 pm

63 could feel her tears drip onto Nino's body, her best efforts couldn't save him. but  with what she could do, she dug into his mind. Pulling his best memories out for him relive. Not letting him feel pain or sadness as he died.
DeltaGear
DeltaGear
Master Member
Master Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimson Skies Fri Mar 23, 2018 10:43 pm

Nino's mind would abandon all coherence and what little of his body was still working was shutting down.

A couple more pained twitches.

And he was gone.

Onyx would look down in shame, trying to hide both his tears and his pain. 

Felix tried to comfort him, but that ended up being a big mistake.

The wolf would shoot several of the cobalt bearings in the saber-toothed tiger's limbs and embed them, upon which the tiger would shriek in pain.

"W-what are you doing?!"

He'd then be promptly thrown against a wall with the power of Onyx's magnetism.

"If it weren't for you, he'd still be alive!" Onyx would cry out.
Crimson Skies
Crimson Skies
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by DeltaGear Sat Mar 24, 2018 12:11 am

As the last of his life slipped away, 63 could feel nothing but sadness. Sadness that turned to bitterness, bitterness that turned too anger. The metal table screeched as her hands turned into there liquid claw form and dug into it. The rest of her body following suit.

"T-Those... t-they... Monsters..." her eyes once again turn black as her natural form took hold, "They won't get away with this." She turned to Emmett and taking hold of his shoulders as she struggled to maintain control, quickly relaying what she was able to get before Nino died, "We... can't... hhrgg.. let them... get away with this..."

She seemed to almost go over the edge. But just before she did, she relaxed and closed her eyes as her form smoothed out and become more elegant and composed. Her eye's opened, now completely cleared and focused,

"I don't know how long I can hold this. I need to feed and we need to find the people who did this," she spoke with an unstable balance that she seemed to be maintaining barely. She held out her hand as the liquid of her body oozed out, Forming a key shaped weapon mirroring Emmetts, "I'll help as much as I can. I Promise. "
DeltaGear
DeltaGear
Master Member
Master Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimson Skies Wed Apr 04, 2018 6:34 am

Onyx's piercing gaze met up with Emmett's eyes.

"Let's, uh, let's rest a bit, let them handle the rest of the day," he'd tell 63. "I've no doubt about your sincerity to help, but not when you're like this."

He'd offer her his hand. "Do it. I need you up to speed."
Crimson Skies
Crimson Skies
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by DeltaGear Wed Apr 04, 2018 4:31 pm

63 stared at Emmetts hand as the slime key in hand dissipated. She reached out, hovering her hand over his. She flinched as she made contact, starting to drain him a little. A minute later she let go, reassuming her disguise.

"I-I only took a little. I'm ok for right now."

In reality she knew she'd need more by morning. She'd need to find a way to get more without hurting anyone. She let out a sigh as she waited to follow him.
DeltaGear
DeltaGear
Master Member
Master Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimson Skies Sat Apr 07, 2018 9:28 pm

Everyone was about to head out, but Felix stayed behind. He started searching around the place, a hand over his nose.

"What are you doing?" Onyx would ask, annoyed at his antics. "I doubt they'd leave anything here."

"Maybe, maybe not," the sabertooth tiger would grumble. "But I wanna make sure."
Crimson Skies
Crimson Skies
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by DeltaGear Sat Apr 07, 2018 11:03 pm

63 couldn't find much besides a few tubes and of course the fluid that coated several parts of the floor. So far it seemed like whoever did this had been very particular about not leaving anything behind as far as she could see.

"H-hey..." she turned to Onyx "He said something about scientists after... you? ...does any of this ring a bell or give you any clues?"
DeltaGear
DeltaGear
Master Member
Master Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimson Skies Sat Apr 14, 2018 7:19 pm

"No. We've been never been affiliated with any," Onyx would answer. "But if there's one that can do that to someone," he'd stop and take a look at Nino's lifeless body. "We need to stop him, not just for own sake. Only a matter if time 'till he takes this to the next level."

Though he didn't notice right away, a second, longer glance made Onyx realize something.

There was something going on with Nino.

The body was rapidly losing pigmentation and something gray was growing out of the skin, covering it as if it were some sort of film.
Crimson Skies
Crimson Skies
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next