Hello user, SRN is now closed. Feel free to read anything you'd like, but you cannot post.
Thank you for being part of this community.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello user, SRN is now closed. Feel free to read anything you'd like, but you cannot post.
Thank you for being part of this community.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Honor Amongst Thieves

2 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Honor Amongst Thieves - Page 2 Empty Re: Honor Amongst Thieves

Post by DeltaGear Wed Feb 14, 2018 5:38 am

She'd take the paper, staring at it for a moment before looking at him, "What's this for?" She asked as looked at it, "I-I'm sorry, don't have a phone or money... but what does it go too?"
DeltaGear
DeltaGear
Master Member
Master Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimson Skies Wed Feb 14, 2018 5:46 am

"Way of reaching me if you ever consider life worth living," he told her bluntly, then handed her a few coins from his wallet.
Crimson Skies
Crimson Skies
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by DeltaGear Wed Feb 14, 2018 6:17 am

She took the money from him, looking on in confusion.

"B-but... why do you want to do this?" She looked at him with a perplexed look, "What are you wanting from me?" Her mind was ablaze with questions: what was he after? Was he just gonna use her? What life could she get that would be better?
DeltaGear
DeltaGear
Master Member
Master Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimson Skies Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:03 am

As a thief, he had to take many things into consideration. What's the risk involved, the possible reward, the alarm systems the building may have in store.

But when people were involved, a competely different concern arose.

Do they have to die?

And this brought her to the girl's troubles.

"No reason," the thief would proclaim.
Crimson Skies
Crimson Skies
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by DeltaGear Wed Feb 14, 2018 3:19 pm

She looked to him and to the path of the city exit, did she have a choice? 

"I-I'll go with you. I'll try," she answered as she "pocketed" the items, "Where are w-... are w...e..." she suddenly went limp and collapsed again, her body completely drained of strength.

"I'm s-sorry... I need to feed... I can't... I don't wanna... " she looked up at the skunk, holding out her hand, "Can I just have a l-little bit? Only a little, I won't take much I promise"
DeltaGear
DeltaGear
Master Member
Master Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimson Skies Wed Feb 14, 2018 4:04 pm

The skunk attemped to catch her, but simply wasn't fast enough.

He wanted to pick her and would have likely carried her out of the city if it weren't for her request.

Without a moment's hesitation, he'd kneel down to her, placing his hand in hers and holding tight.

He didn't know nor care just what kind of effect her feeding would have on him. It was the right thing to do.

She didn't need to die.
Crimson Skies
Crimson Skies
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by DeltaGear Wed Feb 14, 2018 4:43 pm

She was surprised when not only bent down, but also grabbed a hold of her hand. Did her trust her this much? She turned away as she didn't want to see the effects of her draining him.

As soon he made contact the skunk would feel the burning from before, while it didn't actually burn him it was still painful. He'd soon feel the burning subside into a numb feeling that would spread throughout his bidy, his strength and stamina would melt away and it would become harder to think.

As she continued draining she looked at him, ~Why is he so willing to do this? I could lose... I am just....hungry,~ her eyes began to go black again as she increased her grip on his hand, ~It would be so eas-No!~ she immediately pulled away and released his hand. She got up and reassumed her disguise, walking past him, "I have enough, I'll follow you," she would keep her gaze away from him as they went.
DeltaGear
DeltaGear
Master Member
Master Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimson Skies Wed Feb 14, 2018 5:01 pm

Gritting his teeth partway through the ordeal, the skunk would take a few breathers before getting up. His head and limbs felt as he had been drinking all night.

Wouldn't be the first time. He had it much worse before.

After rubbing his temples a few times, he'd start walking again.
Crimson Skies
Crimson Skies
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by DeltaGear Wed Feb 14, 2018 5:37 pm

As they walked she kept a good few feet behind him, staying close enough for help if she needed it but far enough away to afford him time to counter if she lost it. As they walked she noticed the people walking by, some looked like friends, family, lovers. she held the locket in her hands, her mind trailing off into her memories...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Sir! The machine won't hold!"

"I don't care! I'm bring her back at any cost..."

(Boom)

"Evelynn... it's me... don't you recognize me?"

"I-i can't... w-who are... I need... I-I'm....starving..."

(Screaming)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

She immediately shook her head, she didn't want to remember it. She wasn't Evelynn, not is, not was, ever.
As they walked she spoke up, trying to keep her mind sane with some conversation,

"We never actually introduced each other. I'm 63, nice to meet you"
DeltaGear
DeltaGear
Master Member
Master Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimson Skies Wed Feb 14, 2018 5:42 pm

The skunk took mental note of her name being a number, but didn't commend on it.

"Emmett," he'd grumble. "Emmett DeGreef."
Crimson Skies
Crimson Skies
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by DeltaGear Wed Feb 14, 2018 5:50 pm

She nodded as she repeated his name, "Emmett degreef... it sounds very nice."

"So... where are going? Is it close?" She didn't like being in the open this much, to easy to bump into someone, ruining her disguise, "Are we going to y-your home perhaps?"
DeltaGear
DeltaGear
Master Member
Master Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimson Skies Wed Feb 14, 2018 6:26 pm

Emmett looked at her, perplexed. They already passed it; did she change her mind on leaving that quickly?

"My apartment?" he'd ask. "What for?"
Crimson Skies
Crimson Skies
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by DeltaGear Wed Feb 14, 2018 7:53 pm

She looked up at him, surprised, "O-oh.. i thought i was going with you," She looked at him, embarrassed, "Sorry... I guess I wasn't clear enough."
DeltaGear
DeltaGear
Master Member
Master Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimson Skies Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:07 pm

The skunk would shake his head and 63 would see him smile for the first time.

Silly girl.

He'd turn around and start walking, but not before asking her "You coming?" once again.
Crimson Skies
Crimson Skies
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by DeltaGear Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:14 pm

63 followed without a word, feeling her cheeks turn red with embarrassment. She pulled the money from her body and handed it back to Emmett, "Here, I won't need this."
DeltaGear
DeltaGear
Master Member
Master Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimson Skies Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:25 pm

Emmet didn't really want the money back, but took it nonetheless, just for safekeeping if nothing else. He'd give it back, plus some extra if 63 were to ask for it.

The apartment complex was overlooking a small park, once bursting with people doing all sorts of activities. Picnics, taking their dogs out - if one could name it, there was probably at least one person doing said thing.

Now, it was little less than a plot of unclaimed land, the grass growing wild, the small pond poluted and the flowers, donated anonymously to prettify the place, were nothing but a thing of the past.

The apartment complex itself wasn't that better off either. Cracked pavement, scratched paint, rusted metal - it has seen its better days.
Crimson Skies
Crimson Skies
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by DeltaGear Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:33 pm

63 shuddered as they walked through the complex, It felt so cold, lifeless, empty. As they continued she could see it was a rather poor place to live, but she didn't care, he was better off than her. She didn't have a proper name, home, life, Nothing... Nothing save for the locket.

"So you live here... I can't remember the last time I stayed In a proper place, I've always slept on the outskirts of towns, mostly junkyards and the like."

She kept following him, just a little closer to feel safe this time.
DeltaGear
DeltaGear
Master Member
Master Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimson Skies Thu Feb 15, 2018 5:29 am

With the other two keys on his keychain, he'd open the metal doors to the apartments and the wooden door to his apartment, respectively.

Though the building looked terrible on the outside, the inside was anything but terrible. Smooth walls, muted colours, cherrywood furniture, warm carpets - one could feel the coziness coming at them from every side.

"We're here."
Crimson Skies
Crimson Skies
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by DeltaGear Thu Feb 15, 2018 5:43 am

If she had an actual solid jaw, it would have been on the floor.

"Y-You live here? It's so nice and well kept... from what this place looked like from outside I thought..." she admired the looks of the room, she felt how cozy it was compared to all the sleeplessness, restlessness nights she had ever since she first opened her eyes, "It feels amazing here... "

She began to explore her surroundings, taking in every detail and loved every minute of it. From the carpet that felt much better than dirt or cold concrete. The walls that felt so regal and soft as opposed to brick and metal allyways.

"S-so... what now?" She turned to him, her disguise falling away as she relaxed her body and let it assume its normal state, "I assume there Is something you want me for, right?"
DeltaGear
DeltaGear
Master Member
Master Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimson Skies Thu Feb 15, 2018 5:56 am

"No, there isn't," he tells her. "I wanted to help you."

The skunk would take off his and put it on the coat hanger in the main hall. He'd wouldn't leave the keychain behind.

Past that was the living, complete with a couch and a wall mounted TV, with a kitchen and bathroom to the left and a bunch of rooms to the right.

"You can have the room on the far right."
Crimson Skies
Crimson Skies
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by DeltaGear Thu Feb 15, 2018 6:21 am

At first she she didn't know how to react, it was all just so much to take in and process. What was of her many attempts of survival and potential suicide turned into her meeting someone who cared enough to help her, providing not only help but a place to stay.

"I-I don't know what to say I..." she stood for a moment before turning around and hugging the skunk, tears in her eyes, "Thank you... thank you so much... you don't know how much this means to me," after a moment she suddenly realized she probably didn't need to be making contact with him, immediately she let go, slightly blushing as she turned away and walked off to the room.

The bedroom was well furnished with a lot of the basics, a bed with a soft mattress, a typical nightstand by the bed and closet in one wall. She walk over to the bed, running her hands across the the soft covers. While she wasn't solid she still felt discomfort sleeping on hard surfaces, that little bit of mobian in her. She yawned, her eyes drooping as she eye'd the bed,

"Maybe just for a few minutes..." she pulled the covers aside and slipped into bed, her form holding its shape as to not slip off or ooze into the mattress itself, "I'll only... take... a short.. nap... Zzzzzzz," her eyes closed and she immediately fell, for the first time, a cozy comfortable sleep feeling both safe and secure. And for the the first time since her failed creation, she had a smile on her face.
DeltaGear
DeltaGear
Master Member
Master Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimson Skies Thu Feb 15, 2018 6:03 pm

He didn't need all the thanks and gratitude, especially not the hug. He was only doing what he thought was right.

But he was glad the poor girl could finally have some place to lay her head and rest.

After reheating yesterday's leftovers, he picked up a book from the shelf, crashed in on the couch in the living room and started reading.
Crimson Skies
Crimson Skies
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by DeltaGear Thu Feb 15, 2018 6:23 pm

63 remained asleep until the next morning, awaking fully rested and feeling much happier than she had ever felt. She got up with a yawn and got out of bed, As she got up she noted how her body was rather filthy. She went to the bathroom and soon the sound of splashing and her humming could be heard.

A few minutes later she got out, her body filtered and completely clean now that she had washed herself out. She then entered the living room quietly,

~I hope I didn't wake him up,~ she thought to herself as she assumed her disguise as to avoid her body from making noise, ~I wonder how long he's going to let me stay?~
DeltaGear
DeltaGear
Master Member
Master Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimson Skies Thu Feb 15, 2018 6:28 pm

The skunk would come out of his room. Instead of the jeans and jacket he had yesterday, he he had a suit and tie.

"G'morning," he'd grumble, currect his tie and straighening the sleeves of his suit.
Crimson Skies
Crimson Skies
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by DeltaGear Thu Feb 15, 2018 7:48 pm

She looked at him in surprise, "O-oh, good morning," she looked him up and down. He was dressed far more formally than he seemed to like as he figited with his suit, though he did look rather dashing. 

"Are you going somewhere?" She wondered what he'd need to dressup for, a meeting? Work? She didn't know and she didn't want to pry into it to much, "Do I need to wait here or...?"
DeltaGear
DeltaGear
Master Member
Master Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum