Hello user, SRN is now closed. Feel free to read anything you'd like, but you cannot post.
Thank you for being part of this community.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello user, SRN is now closed. Feel free to read anything you'd like, but you cannot post.
Thank you for being part of this community.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Valentine's Event Round 1

+10
Crimson Skies
Dogy9978
Hellez Bellez
Dione
spark tb
DeltaGear
MikeMurdock
Spekkal
Angered-Fluff
ChaoticBou
14 posters

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Valentine's Event Round 1 - Page 3 Empty Re: Valentine's Event Round 1

Post by Sea Bunny Wed Feb 07, 2018 9:44 pm

Sweetie let out a small giggle. "A perfect time indeed. Love is in the air after all." Valentines was all about couples expressomg their love towards each other, and a time for the hopeless to find a love of their own.

Upon being asked about why she had attended, the smile on her face widened to a grin. While she maintained a rather cheerful and kind expression, it seemed to have darkened in some way. "Oh, you know..." She slid her tongue across her two fangs. There was no way she'd actually reveal her true reason for being here. "I just think it's about time I find someone to call mine." She spoke the truth. However, she avoided the more sinister version of it. 

"So, tell me about yourself. What do you like to do for fun?" She rested her head against her hand, and waited intently for a response.
Sea Bunny
Sea Bunny

Back to top Go down

Post by Dione Wed Feb 07, 2018 9:54 pm

The somewhat strange vibe to Sweetie's grin was slightly off-putting. 'Come on, Dio. You must be imagining things. It's probably the nerves.' she thought to herself. The canine leaned forwards slightly, trying to relax a bit. 

"Oh well uh, I love music, and I'm thinking of learning to play the piano, but I'm not sure if I have the time. I also love to read and to bake stuff like cookies and cakes. Chocolate chip cookies are my favourite to make!" Talking about her hobbies seemed to make the wolf feel a bit more at ease, and she started to loosen up. "What about yourself?" she asked with a smile.
Dione
Dione
Master Member
Master Member

Back to top Go down

Post by The Red Blur Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:17 pm

Ember chuckled at Ebonia's question, before reaching to the back of her head and giving it a scratch. "Aha, yeah... I'm not quite sorted on the whole "job" front, yet. I'm still looking around. I like cooking, though, so I've thought about maybe restaurant jobs? I dunno," she said.

When the cat honestly gave her thoughts on the whole face-to-face conversation thing, Ember nodded. "Don't worry. I think I can relate. I can't even remember the last time I've been able to just chat to someone."
The Red Blur
The Red Blur
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by spark tb Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:21 pm

"yeaaaah, I can imagine carrying a canvas around for a long period of time could get pretty tiring. Not to mention sketching just seems... suuuuuper conveniant when compared to full on painting?? Like you can just sit down, flip open your sketchbook and doodle for a bit, but with painting... just... bleh." he gave a small chuckle, knowing that more than a little bit of an understatement. 

He paused for a moment, idly scratching at the cloth covering his right eye as he considered what else to ask. He was a little worried he might be speeding through all this far took quickly, but... well, wasn't that the point of speed dating? Spoiler alert it wasn't, but Bast didn't seem super aware of that.

"So! What got you into art in the first place??"
spark tb
spark tb
Expert Member
Expert Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Dogy9978 Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:28 pm

"Maybe I should join the city. I didn't know cities housed such events. Must be a riot. Probably another great place to find new faces! I'll keep not of that!"
Tofa was more interested now as she leaned in the table a little more.
"I don't really know what attributes are truly great in me. I don't exactly do things that are much of skill, at least to me. Sure it's dangerous but I'm sure anyone can do with practice."
Dogy9978
Dogy9978
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Caliburn Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:49 pm

Ebonia nodded, seemingly kind of interested, whether or not it was genuine was hard to tell. "Oh, cooking? I don't cook too often, I'm not that good at it, personally. I've almost burned down my house before, eheh. That's what you get when you don't read instructions properly." She muttered, before going a bit more upright in her seat. "And I know, right?! The last time I had any real conversation with /anyone/ was uh... ...when was it? ...Wow, I don't actually remember."

A pause. Thiiiiinking... nope, can't remember.

"Either way! I like swimming, here! I can lift a LOT as well. ...Er, not to show off." Shuffle shuffle. "...Uh, you probably wouldn't believe what I do as my job, really. It's a bit - OUT there." She chuckled nervously, "Like seriously."
Caliburn
Caliburn
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Spekkal Wed Feb 07, 2018 11:05 pm

"W-well! I don't want to pressure you...! Or. Influence. Your judgement!" Ragnilde stated defensively, raising her hands in realisation. She hadn't just convinced this girl to move here based on some vague event that happens sometimes every few weeks maybe, right? Oh man, she REALLY had to watch her words around Tofa. Next minute, Rag would end up accidentally convincing her to join some sort of cult if she wasn't careful, "But it's true  - there's a lot of people to meet! In the city!" Ah yes, tell this lovely lady about the other people she could be meeting. Rag immediately bit her tongue, not wanting to continue this further. She didn't want Tofa to get interested in everything and everyone else - Rag herself must look pretty boring and uninteresting right now. This was a shameful display.

Tofa undermining herself surprised Ragnilde. She thought that she was incredibly confident in her capabilities, but she could relate more with her than she expected. Perhaps in the worst ways, however. She wanted this girl to be confident! "I-I'm sure that's not true!" the woman argued, holding a hand against her chest, "I've not seen you dance but... I bet you're great! You, uh, you seem really passionate about. Fire. And dancing. I think. My point is! I bet you have loads of great attributes! You uh. Just gotta. Focus on them. And.. believe...?" The manticore's motivational speech ended up in a blunder. She was awful at hyping people up and being supportive, and she ended up at a loss of words. She didn't know this woman, she couldn't lie. So instead Rag just mumbled into an eventual silence.
Spekkal
Spekkal
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by The Red Blur Wed Feb 07, 2018 11:46 pm

"Wow, seriously?" Ember questioned Ebonia's cooking skill, before giggling. "I think I'm okay at it. I'm quite good at regulating temperature and all that stuff," she said simply.

"Yeah, swimming can be pretty fun, though there's nowhere to really do it in this city, is there?" She said, before cocking her head at Ebonia's statement about her job. "Oh, trust me, out there is my middle name. You wouldn't believe where I came from."
The Red Blur
The Red Blur
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Sea Bunny Thu Feb 08, 2018 12:08 am

Sweetie's interest rose once she heard that the wolf was thinking about learning the piano. She enjoyed listening to classical instruments. The genre itself was one of her favorites.

However, her interest truly peaked once Dione had brought up sweets. Her ears perked up and her eyes widened for a brief moment before she regained her composure. "You like making sweets, do you? I own a shop full of them not too far from here. You should stop by sometime. Maybe we can make something together~" She leaned in slightly. Her expression unchanging.
Sea Bunny
Sea Bunny

Back to top Go down

Post by Dione Thu Feb 08, 2018 1:56 am

Dione was glad they had found an interest they had in common. Her ears perked up and she smiled. "That sounds amazing! Where exactly is it? I'll note it down in my phone." 

She took her phone out of her pocket and unlocked it before looking back up. "What kinds of sweets do you sell in your shop?"
Dione
Dione
Master Member
Master Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimson Skies Thu Feb 08, 2018 7:45 am

"I've always had a fondness for it, ever since I was a kid," Stella told him. "When I moved out of my parents' house, it quickly got off the ground. But that's enough about me what do you do in your free time?"

Parents.

Just mentioning those unloving people made her blood boil.
Crimson Skies
Crimson Skies
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by DeltaGear Thu Feb 08, 2018 7:56 am

Aaron scoffed at her continuing to call him a quitter, at this point it was very clear she didn't give a dang about anyone or anything. This at first made him upset, but then he let out a sigh and continued his conversation. 

"Fine, fine... call me a quitter. And sure you don't need anything to justify yourself. You do a pretty good job of trying to put me down to do it," he said as he once again leaned back his chair, "Soon you won't be my problem anyway. I'm gonna feel sorry for the person in the next round though." Aaron looked at her as he noted her stanced and how she carried herself, giving him an idea to which he smiled, "Tell ya what, we aren't all that keen on talking right? You've made it clear. How about we settle this later... tournament ring, no holds barred?" He smiled at her as he waited on an answer, "And if ya say no... well... not like I didn't offer the "lady" first."
DeltaGear
DeltaGear
Master Member
Master Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellez Bellez Thu Feb 08, 2018 12:40 pm

The Honey Badger chuckled lowly to herself, leaning back and sitting tall on her chair, her eyes still watching him closely as she smirked once more at him. 

"Well, well. Getting a little ahead of yourself now hm? You have no idea of any kind of skill I have." She said, her arms folding against her chest.

"No matter, if its a fight you want, you'll just need to wait and see the outcome of this little valentines thing. After all, If I get something more interesting out of this, I'm not gonna waste my time with a quitter~" She said with a grin, taking a deep breath in.
Hellez Bellez
Hellez Bellez
Standard Member
Standard Member

Back to top Go down

Post by spark tb Thu Feb 08, 2018 3:24 pm

"mmm, fair enough! I guess sometimes you just... know, huh? Gotta be nice to be able to like, actually work as an artist then! I know many people aren't quite so lucky - but then, if your sketches are any indication, its a job that you well deserve~" he flashed her a grin, before pausing a little. The flash of anger was so quick he almost missed it, what with her pefectly controlled demeanour and all. Parents were a bad topic, huh? Well, he made a mental note to avoid asking about them, then!

"Hm? Oh! Well, I do a lot of things! Much of my free time is spent traveling from place to place, checking out the sites and sounds of the world at large, you know? But when I'm not doing that, I'm typically either read, meditate, or practice my martial arts." He grinned, his tone suddenly switching to a joking tone as he adds "How do you think I stay in such incredible shape?"
spark tb
spark tb
Expert Member
Expert Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimson Skies Thu Feb 08, 2018 3:52 pm

Stella would chuckle. "I was never that big on meditation, but I'd never say no to a good book," Stella would admit. "I've only ever seen martial arts in movies, but I wouldn't say no to a live demonstration."

Her interest didn't come from the purely artistic side but also the possibility to disable or cripple someone by striking at some very specific points. Nerve pinches.

That was also half the reason her collection of anatomy books was always present on her desk, near her pencils.
Crimson Skies
Crimson Skies
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Dogy9978 Thu Feb 08, 2018 4:44 pm

Tofa's smile kind of faded.
"Maybe there's great value in what I do here but I know in my Homeland, what I do isn't something that's looked upon very greatly. Maybe I care too much about their opinions..."
Tofa slouched down looking towards the table.
Dogy9978
Dogy9978
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by spark tb Thu Feb 08, 2018 4:47 pm

"Yeah, meditation is something a lot of people seem to struggle with? I dunno, I just find it helps me relax! Although, the same can be said with reading. Very few things helps me wind down after a day of traveling than a good book." He chuckled again, before leaning back in his seat and folding his arms in amusement. At her mention of a live demonstration, he paused for a moment in consideration, before shaking his head slightly.

"Well... as much as I'd like the chance to show off, I'm not entirely sure people here would be overly pleased, you know? And just sorta flailing at the air undersells it, so... eh. Maybe another time." he flashed her an apologetic grin, before shrugging.

"So what kinda books do you like?"
spark tb
spark tb
Expert Member
Expert Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimson Skies Thu Feb 08, 2018 5:06 pm

"Cosmic horror, mostly. There's just something about them that fascinates me," she'd answer. "Makes me think just how insignificant everything might be in the grand scheme of everything."

Monsters. 

It really was just the monsters and the detailed descriptions of those monsters that fascinated her and even though she did find them interesting to think about also, for something a lot more throught-provoking, she had dystopian sci-fi and some good old psychology books.
Crimson Skies
Crimson Skies
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by MikeMurdock Thu Feb 08, 2018 6:20 pm

'We do yes. I don't know what company provides us the uniforms, but they are well made.' Nang would take off his hat to show he had short hair.

'It is interesting to hear about your job. Every job is important for civilization.' Nang will ponder what to say next. He still a bit nervous and didn't want to bother the host to ask for a thing, but maybe saying a bit of what he does might help.

' I work for my father's company Chihun Technologies as a Test Pilot... I wanted to join the service after military flight academy, but my father had other plans. Dyson knew I didn't want to become the heir to my father's company so He managed to get me into the test pilot squadron well against my father's wishes, but he doesn't care as much thinking I'll grow out of wanting to test the newest aircraft and follow in his footsteps, but My Older brother knows why I don't like it and will gladly take over as CEO'

Why he had to tell his life story. This is trying to find love not bore them with the details of his life. Especially to a total stranger. Nang just looks at his hat thinking of why he brought his personal problems to this.
MikeMurdock
MikeMurdock

http://www.spritewars.com/index.php?act=idx

Back to top Go down

Post by Sea Bunny Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:03 pm

Sweetie fiddled with the rose in her hand as she responded. "It's just down the street from here. Take a left out of the Butterscotch Resturaunt, and keep going from there. It's called 'Sweetie's Treats'." You can't miss it." She giggled.

"I make and sell things from cakes, cookies, brownies, snickerdoodles, any sugary, sweet treat you can think of. I can make it all." She paused for a moment. "Oh, of course, what I make is the best of the best. A special ingredient I use will give it such a unique flavor and amazing taste that you'll be dying for more~" She couldn't help but to let out a innocent giggle that just didn't feel right.

"Since you've already got your phone out, let me give you my number." She followed this statement by providing the wolf with a number she could contact her with. "Don't forget to call~"
Sea Bunny
Sea Bunny

Back to top Go down

Post by Dione Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:10 pm

"That's such an adorable name, I like it!" The wolf typed down the directions she had gotten from the fox across from her and looked back up. She noticed Sweetie was playing and fiddling with the rose she was holding. Before being able to comment on it, the vulpine had already continued talking.

"Oh yes, sure! I'll definitely have to stop by at some point. Hopefully the upcoming period shouldn't be too busy with the guild and school so I should have plenty of time!"  

Dione saved the number and put away her phone again. "So, what got you into baking and making sweets and all that?"
Dione
Dione
Master Member
Master Member

Back to top Go down

Post by spark tb Fri Feb 09, 2018 12:04 am

"Thats an... oddly specific genre." The frog hesitated for a moment, arching his visible brow in mild surprise, before simpley shrugging, "But I guessss I can get where you're coming from? It's similiar to how I feel when I find something new and outlandish in my travels and have to spend time going 'Compared to this, where do I stand?'" he gave another one of his small sagely nods.

"So do you often worry about that sort of thing, then? Like the whole 'Bigger than me' thing? Because I'll be real, you struck me as the kind of woman who knew exactly where she stood in the grand scheme of things... you know, what with your bold nature and sauve coolness and all. I imagine it'd be enough to make others feel insignificant around you."
spark tb
spark tb
Expert Member
Expert Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Spekkal Fri Feb 09, 2018 12:14 am

Ragnilde's helpful comforting method could only be summarised with a small, timid "umm..." as she twiddled her fingers together. Rag knew a lot about conforming to other people's opinions, and caring too much about them. She herself struggled to find the confidence to ignore the opinions of others and do things because she enjoyed it. It's why she tried to hide her hobbies a lot, despite being at an age where she shouldn't. In this way, she could relate to Tofa a lot. Rag knew exactly where she was coming from. The issue was that Rag didn't know how to bring someone out of a slump like this. Especially when there's so many people about - too many judgemental eyes.

"Uhm... no I, uhm..." she stammered, "It's... okay... oh geez," Could Rag even pat her shoulder? That was comforting, right? Would Tofa freak out at this strange woman touching her? She couldn't say anything positive, they'd known each other for like... a few minutes! The manticore was at a loss, and she didn't say anything. All she did was recoil her tail around the chair and slightly lower her head into her shoulders, burrowing her nose in her own fluffy mane.

What Ragnilde wanted to do was say something like "so do you have any questions about me?" since she hadn't enquired about her at all, but at this opportunity, it felt a bit awkward. Another option was asking if Tofa wanted time alone, after the black-curled woman had said the same thing to her earlier. Her gaze was plastered with genuine concern, and part of her wanted to ring that bell for assistance. Rag needed assistance. Rag needed assistance for Tofa. This was becoming a mess again and Rag was silent, making it worse.
Spekkal
Spekkal
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by DeltaGear Fri Feb 09, 2018 12:52 am

Aaron rolled his eyes, "That's the third time you've called me a quitter. Its not even insulting." He said as he facepalmed, "If you can't even come up with an original insult maybe you should good check a mirror."

Aaron let out a sigh, he was rather tired of her trying to upset him and he frankly didn't care at this point what she said. He face displayed nothing but disintereste as he sat his boots on the table and leaned back.

"Look, I honestly have no intentions of getting to know you at all. And honestly none of your attempts at making me mad or upset have worked," he eye'd her as spoke, "So unless your gonna stop being an unmentionable and drop that attitude, I'm gonna ignore you." He starred her down, "And I can promise you one thing miss, if you start hammering down on anyone else your paired with during this I'll make sure to personally make you regret it."

He waited for any kind of answer or reply. At this point he didn't care, she could fall off of the face of the planet for all he wanted. ~People like her have no sense of kindness or caring.~ he thought as he leaned back, ~As of now I'm just waiting for her to either shut up or keep blabbering about how important she is.~
DeltaGear
DeltaGear
Master Member
Master Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellez Bellez Fri Feb 09, 2018 12:59 am

Kelina's grin simply became wider and wider. Her devilish eyes widening as she began full on laughing in his face. Leaning her head back on the chair she was sat upon.

"Oh dear oh dear. Insulting my looks are we? Now that's truly ineffective, I know I look great~" She said, putting her hands behind her head as she kept chuckling away.

She listened to his words, simply shaking her head and huffing as she leaned back once again. 

"To be honest, I don't care about you ignoring me, you ain't even giving me a fun response." She said before starting to laugh once more at his threat. 

"Oooh, what a scary boy you are~" She mocked him blatantly her stances staying relaxed as she smirked once more.

"You know, maybe I'd take your precious little threat a little more seriously if you didn't tell me you were a quitter~" She continued on, not letting up for a second. What a naughty woman.
Hellez Bellez
Hellez Bellez
Standard Member
Standard Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next