Hello user, SRN is now closed. Feel free to read anything you'd like, but you cannot post.
Thank you for being part of this community.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello user, SRN is now closed. Feel free to read anything you'd like, but you cannot post.
Thank you for being part of this community.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Valentine's Event Round 1

+10
Crimson Skies
Dogy9978
Hellez Bellez
Dione
spark tb
DeltaGear
MikeMurdock
Spekkal
Angered-Fluff
ChaoticBou
14 posters

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Valentine's Event Round 1 - Page 5 Empty Re: Valentine's Event Round 1

Post by Sea Bunny Sat Feb 10, 2018 3:48 am

"Oh~ The way old films and books portray monsters is correct... in some way. They usually show-off the more primitive versions, the savagery. But they're only showing one type of that monster. Like mobians, there's a wide range of diversity within each specified class of monster. Some vampires can turn into bats, others cannot. That sort of thing. You might even find some who dress in that old black cape while many have already dropped that look." She sounded like she's seen them before. She gave such a matter-of-fact answer. How would she know all this? She didn't even realize she was giving more information than she probably should. Maybe she's just some sort of fanatic.

"If you haven't encountered one, then surely they're good at hiding. Maybe there's even one in this event and you haven't realized it!" She laughed. She enjoyed dropping hints and making others thing, but she would never admit anything until she could fully trust someone. "What if one tried to bite you? A vampire." She couldn't help herself. She wanted to keep asking Dione these odd questions.
Sea Bunny
Sea Bunny

Back to top Go down

Post by Dione Sat Feb 10, 2018 4:00 am

Dione leaned forward slightly, resting her head in her hands, elbows placed on the table in front of her. She listened intently to the way the fox talked about 'monsters' in the real world. About how they were depicted, especially in the older stories, the classics so to speak. She seemed to know a lot about them, and it was quite interesting to hear about it. The wolf couldn't help but wonder how she knew all of this though. A logical explanation would be that she had read a lot of stuff about it. Yeah, that was probably it, right? 

The next few things she said surprised the wolf, however. 'What if a vampire was in this room right now?' 'What if one tried to bite you?' Those were oddly specific questions and made her feel slightly uneasy. It didn't matter though, it was a speeddate after all. It was to be expected people were gonna ask specific questions, and if this is something Sweetie was a big fan of, then it wouldn't be too out of place. 

"Oh wow, that's a good question actually. I think I'd be extremely scared. I would imagine being randomly attacked would be terrifying to say the least. How come? Have you ever been in such a situation?"
Dione
Dione
Master Member
Master Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sea Bunny Sat Feb 10, 2018 6:39 am

"Hmm..." She placed her hand on her chin, and took a few moments to gather her thoughts. "I guess that makes sense. A random attack would be quite startling." She had a rule for that sort of thing. If a random victim caught a good look of her, she'd make sure they wouldn't live to tell the story. She didn't need anyone going around getting her into trouble and giving her a bad reputation, even if no one believed the surviving victim.

By this point her pupils finally regained their round shape. She proceeded to answer the wolf's question. "Hmm..." Her expression darkened as she thought about it. Flashes of her childhood appeared in her mind. Her smile dropped to a frown, and for several moments there was silence. Eventually, she regained her cheerful expression and responded. "Nope~" She lied, but would the truth even be believable?

"Have you fought any beasts or powerful opponents before joining that guild?" She wanted to move on from that topic of conversation, so she went back to mentioning the guild and wondered if there were ever any fantastical battles she participated in.
Sea Bunny
Sea Bunny

Back to top Go down

Post by The Red Blur Sat Feb 10, 2018 11:18 am

"Hmm... I haven't lived long in the area, so I can't say I would know. I just kinda assumed that there wasn't many places, with this being a city, and all..." Ember replied, holding a finger to her chin as she thought.

Suddenly, the conversation shifted to where she came from. Shit. That was a not a good thing to talk about. "Um... Ah... N-no, you... You really wouldn't believe me... Um... H-how long have you lived in the area?" Ember asked, trying to change the subject.
The Red Blur
The Red Blur
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Dione Sat Feb 10, 2018 1:38 pm

Sweetie took her time before she answered her question. In that time, the girl's expression seemed to change from the happy smile to a rather dark expression, reflecting what seemed like hurt and anger. It didn't take her long to get that adorable smile back on her face, though. Her answer was quite happy, and Dio wasn't quite sure if it was the full truth, seeing the fox's expression had had such a drastic shift in her facial expression. The wolf decided not to prod into matters too personal yet, they only knew each other for quite a short time after all.

Before she even could prod, she got asked a question again. This time about the guild. She thought for a moment, digging through her memories. The only thing she really had to fight against, had been her childhood bully, a bat with aerokinesis. That, and she had been launched into space on an alien ship once. "I've not really fought any beasts no. My.." She paused for a moment. "My childhood bully had powers and he didn't have great control over them. He was dangerous. With the flick of a finger he could blast you into the wall with strong wind. It uhm..." It was difficult to talk about it, the betrayal of who once was a close friend before turning onto her and Felicia. 

"I'm sorry." She sniffed and smiled, trying to hide the hurting. "O- oh, I've been launched into space as well, I found an abandoned spacecraft, or so I thought, and before I knew it I was in space with a few others. That was quite scary, seeing as I was the one who accidentally... launched us." Those last words were more of a whisper, ashamed of her clumsy actions. "I wonder what it would be like to fighta truly dangerous opponent, though!"
Dione
Dione
Master Member
Master Member

Back to top Go down

Post by spark tb Sat Feb 10, 2018 3:01 pm

At her compliments, the frog practically glowed with pride. he leaned forward on the table, resting his elbows against it and bridging his fingers together.
"Heh, well. Thats the blessings of being a traveled frog, I guess? Nothing helps you see both people and the world for what they truly are, than by traveling a few thousand miles into unknown lands... it's also pretty humbling, I guess. I use to be a pretty childish individual before all this - still am in many ways - but uh , thank you~"

"Alright, alright so. Have you ever traveled, then? If so, what sort of places have you been to? If not, have you ever considered it?"
spark tb
spark tb
Expert Member
Expert Member

Back to top Go down

Post by MikeMurdock Sat Feb 10, 2018 3:21 pm

'I am 20 years old actually.' Nang will respond back to the lady. Saying it in a shakey tone since he was worried the lady will think he is inexperienced since he's not even 21.

' Also I heard of that place. I was there testing aircraft that can land on carriers for the GUN Navy. ' He would quickly comment about the island thing as he tries to think what else to say cause he is running out of ideas at the moment.

'so ummm.... what type of movies you like to watch?'
MikeMurdock
MikeMurdock

http://www.spritewars.com/index.php?act=idx

Back to top Go down

Post by Dogy9978 Sat Feb 10, 2018 5:01 pm

Tofa wagged her little tail she had out of how excited she was of reg explaining how great the comics were. Then her smile faded a bit when she really came to think of it.
"It's a Shame none of use have any special powers to actually help made a difference in this world... Guess we'll leave that to the freedom fighters..."
She sighed.
Dogy9978
Dogy9978
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimson Skies Sat Feb 10, 2018 5:12 pm

"No, never, but I'm saving up for a trip all around the world," Stella would proclaim. "Wanted to go on one ever since I was small."

The parents weren't intent on letting her go anywhere outside of the estate. Her brothers liked telling her stories of all the places they've been to, just out of spite.

What kind of family goes to the zoo and leaves their youngest child at home?
Crimson Skies
Crimson Skies
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Spekkal Sat Feb 10, 2018 6:02 pm

"I dunno... there's a LOT. Of heroes out there," Ragnilde argued with a firm shake of her head, "There's a lot of bad but... I er. I dunno. People are also trying to. Make things. Better for everyone. Even if it's... just the police or, uh... people running around trying to.. do the right thing. You don't have to make a difference to the world but... I think making a difference to... someone's life is enough. I-in a positive way." Ragnilde wasn't a superhero. She had an insane amount of speed to her, and she did occasionally stop people from doing bad things - she was a security guard, after all, but she never considered herself to be anything heroic. However, she also appreciated those who actually did something. People like that were important role models, and people needed positive role models growing up.

"Oh!" Ragnilde's ears flicked upwards. That was enough negative talk, they were speed dating, after all! "I wanted to ask! Uh. You mentioned you were from the... forest, right? What's it. Like. There? Is it like... a er... tribal thing? Or is there like... towns and cities and advanced civilisation there?" The manticore hadn't visited that area herself. She only lived within the Mernayan Isles and Trinus. She hadn't diverged away from those two placed throughout her whole life, and the prospect of the forest, where things are completely different, interested her. Especially since Tofa seemed to... oblivious to certain things like city culture.
Spekkal
Spekkal
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Dogy9978 Sat Feb 10, 2018 6:19 pm

"Hm...I guess you could say it's pretty advance in my home but tradition is something that is supposed to be followed. So I wear these clothes instead of the modern day ones used in most places. I really shouldn't be talking about my place greatly... Especially with who we are allied with..."
Tofa looked down. She was ashamed of her place of origin.
"Its actually pretty risky wearing these clothes out in the open. They are standard in my home and any G.U.N. member might think I'm here for...reasons."
Dogy9978
Dogy9978
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Sea Bunny Sat Feb 10, 2018 6:53 pm

As Dione spoke of this childhood bully, Sweetie was able to pick up on the fact that it was hard for her to talk about. Her expression softened as she showed sympathy. She was about to get up and hug her again, but the wolf quickly changed the conversation to space travel.

Sweetie's ears perked up. "Oh, wow!" Not many have been tossed into space before. She certainly hasn't. "Did someone know how to pilot such a thing? Did you find anything interesting? How were you able to make it back?" She began bombarding her with a flurry of questions, but she suddenly stopped.

She sensed someone's gaze, and looked across the room to find it. She eventually locked eyes with the squirrel over at the podium. She was tempted to ring the bell in order to drag her over, but she instead flashed her a devilish grin, trying to instigate her before quickly turning her attention back to her date.
Sea Bunny
Sea Bunny

Back to top Go down

Post by Dione Sat Feb 10, 2018 7:05 pm

The bombardment of questions came quite unexpected. The abrupt end of the whole interrogation came to an equally unexpected halt as well. Dione noticed Sweetie was grinning at someone on the podium. She followed her gaze and noticed it was Alina. The girl she had met when she saved that cat from the tree. "Do you know Alina?" The question was slightly hesitant and quiet. 

Dione then continued to answer some of the questions the fox had asked her. "Luckily the owner of the ship was on board. She was an alien but she looked so Mobian as well. We had to land on an enemy planet because we ran out of fuel, it was... intense." She paused. "Space is really pretty though! Flying through the dark and empty cosmos without gravity holding you down to the ground is such an interesting feeling..."
Dione
Dione
Master Member
Master Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Spekkal Sat Feb 10, 2018 7:20 pm

Oh that was a bit of a bombshell. Tofa was wanted. The fact that she was sitting here trying to speed date was... brave, and equally stupid. Ragnilde slid her chair away from the table slightly, her tail lightly twitching from side to side at this realisation. The action hero discussion was nice, but for it to suddenly jump into this territory was completely jarring. "Ahahah...!" she nervously laughed. Her gaze flickered to the door. She half expected soldier to break into the building for Tofa, and take Rag down as an accomplice. She gripped the edge of the table with her hands. The manticore's opinion of this woman was incredibly inconsistent.

Her hand twitched. She wanted to reach for the bell and ring it, but ringing it twice in the same speed date? She may as well walk away. Game over. That was her chance with everyone else completely gone. She just... wanted a different conversation topic, away from this one. She didn't want an in-depth discussion on why she was wanted by an influential army force.

"Anyway!" she quickly stammered, cutting away from that nervous laughter into nervous speech, "Anyway! Yeah! Yeah I uh. I think. Yeah," this was a good conversation she was having here. A series of quick 'umm's and 'er's separated by speech that didn't flow. She didn't want to get into trouble! She never asked for this! No. Calm. Calm. New topic. Don't stress out. She exhaled a breath she was holding, and laughed again. The woman's tail continued to twitch, "H-hah..hahah! So. Uh. I have a question!" she didn't. But she was winging this. She had no idea what she was doing anymore, "Ever had a favourite pet food-" pet food? pet food? She couldn't decided if she should say 'ever had a pet' or 'what's your favourite food' and she said both in her panic. Yes, Tofa, do you like to guzzle down dog food? What brand? She was kicking herself. Her face immediately went bright red, "I... mean! I mean! Your! Favourite! Food! What'syourfavourite FOOD. Not. Pet food. Hah. Just. A joke it was a joke! Hahahahah!" If GUN soldiers ever stormed inside, now was the time for them to shoot Ragnilde.
Spekkal
Spekkal
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by spark tb Sat Feb 10, 2018 7:25 pm

"The whole world? As in going to every country, or just like a.. 'pick-and-choose' sort of thing? Either way, never let it be said that you don't dream big." he gave a small chuckle, eyeing her curiously from the bridge of his hands. There was something there she wasn't saying, but he couldn't for the life of him work out what it was - only that there was some kinda frustration about never going anywhere? Hm.
spark tb
spark tb
Expert Member
Expert Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimson Skies Sat Feb 10, 2018 10:03 pm

"Not every single one," Stella would chuckle. "Just the ones en route to Mobius's biggest zoos."

They somehow found her.

Sent a letter.

She ripped it apart before so much as reading it. Moved elsewhere, didn't matter where. The further she was from them, the better.
Crimson Skies
Crimson Skies
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Sea Bunny Sat Feb 10, 2018 10:14 pm

Sweetie smiled. "Mm... not personally, no." She laughed and shot a quick glance over at Alina once more. She just wanted to mess with her as she enjoyed toying with people. 

As her questions were being answered, she became more and more astonished. It was an experience she didn't think she'd ever have. It wasn't something she'd ever imagine. "Sounds like a wild adventure! You should take me on one sometime~"

Hearing about how beautiful space was made Sweetie think about the glimmering night stars. "Stars are quite beautiful, aren't they? They always light up those dark nights." She paused for a few moments before continuing. "It's too bad that awful things tend to happen on such lovely nights." She grinned. It was an odd thing to bring up, but she couldn't help herself. "People have been getting hurt a lot around here, lately." There hadn't been much mention of any incidents, but she somehow had reason to believe such a thing.
Sea Bunny
Sea Bunny

Back to top Go down

Post by Dione Sat Feb 10, 2018 10:28 pm

When Sweetie said Dione should take her on an adventure some time, the wolf couldn't help but blush again. No one ever before had asked her to go adventuring with her, mainly because before she joined the guild she didn't go on many, but that's besides the point. That didn't matter.

"They really are beautiful, yeah." The girl let out a small sigh, thinking back to the beautiful view she had back in space. Sweetie then mentioned it wasn't really safe at night. Dione found herself getting really confused. There hadn't been many accidents or attacks at all the past few months, especially in this particular suburb. 

"What do you mean? There's barely been anything dangerous going on around here. The streets are super safe." Her voice had a surprised and confused undertone in it as she asked her question, not quite knowing what to expect for an answer.
Dione
Dione
Master Member
Master Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellez Bellez Sun Feb 11, 2018 12:46 am

Kelina simply huffed in response. Once again relaxing in her head, growing bored of the torment now as it wasn't garnering any kind of reaction. 

"Ugh alright then. I specialize in a mix of quick striking and grapple arts. I don't stick to one or two styles. My dojo is down the street currently, but were always on the move." She replied, arms folded firmly over her chest.

"Hm...why'd ya quit then? Not win any big shiny belts?" She asked, raising her eyebrow.
Hellez Bellez
Hellez Bellez
Standard Member
Standard Member

Back to top Go down

Post by DeltaGear Sun Feb 11, 2018 2:00 am

Aaron gave a a peak of interest, "So you grab and hold someone into submission huh? Must be kind hard for any guy to get away with training with ya," Aaron gave wink, "ya know... being a girl and all.

Aaron sat back into his chair, he didn't really like grappling opponents. It seemed to easy and cjeap to him, not as exhilarating as exchanging blows and strikes with people. He letout a sigh as she asked her question, "Like i said, my time in the ring was over," he looked at her, "But that answer isn't gonna satisfy you huh? Well its like this..." his face a little more serious as he leaned fowards.

"I started training, Boxing, starting my career in order to raise money for my mothers treatments. All was good until a champion title fight, the sumbag person As I was fighting planted a literal bomb in my glove. And when the time was right, he detonated it. Unfortunately for me it wasn't a flashy obvious bomb so nobody noticed a thing. It looked like I had broke my arm swinging at him" Aarons face was now one of a hardened fighter "With no time on the clock and no way to heal In time I continued the fight and, through dumb luck, beat him. He admitted to the sabotage after the fight and got what he deserved," Aarons face returned to his natural smirk as he leaned back, "After that I was outta the ring for so long due to my injury that i couldn't keep boxing for a good while. It doesn't matter though, i got prize money and thats what mattered most."

"My mom's doing fine just you know. Not that i think you'd care," he said as he eye'd her, "Now, call me a quitter all you like but if i had to take another one of those to arm, I would without question in order to protect friends and family," he yawn as he finished talking "Now... who trained you and why do you still fight Yellow?"
DeltaGear
DeltaGear
Master Member
Master Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellez Bellez Sun Feb 11, 2018 2:29 am

Kelina's face changed INSTANTLY. Her eyes squinting hard, her teeth clenching together as she stared him down, the grip her hands had on her arms squeezing tighter too.

"If you ever, EVER mock what I do, my profession, my skill-set, my LIFE, like that again. I will not hesitate in jumping this table and showing you what a real submission is." She just straight up threatened him. A serious tone and burning fire in her eyes unlike any kind of emotion she had seen before. It wasn't annoyance, just sheer rage.

She then eventually cooled off, leaning back and turning away, looking off in the distance.

"Was hoping for a better story to be honest. And you're right, I don't really care." She said, almost dismissing his entire story and information. 

"I was trained by a brilliant man with a brilliant mind for many, many years. I fight and train because not only is it my job, but its what I enjoy, its my passion, its my art form." She said, a slight tone of anger once again in her voice.

"Why don't you actually tell me something interesting, like something about you or just a random fact, I don't care as long as it actually intrigues me." She said sternly.
Hellez Bellez
Hellez Bellez
Standard Member
Standard Member

Back to top Go down

Post by DeltaGear Sun Feb 11, 2018 2:44 am

Aaron shrug at her response and heated words, "Meh, You don't seem to hold my profession as something yellow," he chuckled, "And its a fight you want, go ahead. But i warn you: while may have stopped professional boxer years ago I've been traveling the world and gain a lot of knowledge on all kinds of fighting styles." He spread out both arms, "Have at it miss "Master of cheap holds" i can take as much and dish out the same."

He placed his feet on the table as he looked at, "And who is this brilliant man? Sounds like someone had a crush on their teacher... or you had strict parents," he gave another shrug as she continued to try and poke at the fact he had nothing "Interesting" to tell. "We have one thing in common though. We both love combat and its lifestyle. But as for anything else interesting... nah I got nothing," he eye'd her again, "Do you? Because so far i haven't heard your story yet."
DeltaGear
DeltaGear
Master Member
Master Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sea Bunny Sun Feb 11, 2018 8:02 am

As Dione confirmed the fact that there didn't appear to be any trouble recently, Sweetie laughed. "You haven't heard? Apparently there's some sort of monster roaming around these parts. But I guess that's understandable. Word can't get around much if there's hardly anyone to tell the story." Was this a rumor? Some sort of urban legend? Did she just make this up?

"Oh!" Her eyes widened and her ears perked up as she acted as though she had just come up with an idea. "We should investigate to see if the story's true! If it is, maybe you'll get that chance to fight a powerful opponent." She then remembered the guild, and began to consider posting a request to help solve this 'mystery', but she was uncertain if she wanted to drag others into this mess besides Dione. More people means more prey, but it also means she's more likely to have her secret exposed. She brushed away the idea for now, and went back to focusing on the wolf.
Sea Bunny
Sea Bunny

Back to top Go down

Post by spark tb Sun Feb 11, 2018 2:20 pm

"Zoo's, hm? Thats an... interesting choice of venue you want to see." He hadn't really pegged the woman as an animal person, but then he knew better than to judge a book by their cover. For all he knew, beneath this bold attitude was a woman who went home to a household of puppies, or something.

a small part of him doubted it, but hey. A frog can dream. In fact, a frog can bite the bullet and just ask as well!

"So are you fond of animals, then?"
spark tb
spark tb
Expert Member
Expert Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Dogy9978 Sun Feb 11, 2018 3:13 pm

Tofa's ears flopped down more seeing how nervous Rag had got when she told her that. 
"I'm sorry if I'm making you scared I- pet food?" 
Tofa's face slightly changed to a glare. Had she already lost respect from Rag so quickly? She sighed as Rag corrected herself. 
"No need for correction, I realize now that you've lost whatever interest you've had in me... And now you're just scared...like everyone else..."
Tofa looked a little heart broken. Almost like she was going to cry. Maybe she had said too much? This wasn't exactly the first time she's tried to get on good terms with someone only for it to burn in front of her.
Dogy9978
Dogy9978
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next