Runaway Robot

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Re: Runaway Robot

Post by imbadwithnames on Sun Jan 28, 2018 5:51 am

Volt stood facing the rear of the van, as still and quiet as ever. Nothing seemed to faze him: neither Amber’s faint crying, XM’s heartfelt goodbye, the reporter’s frustration...nothing. Everything in his eyes was moving in slow motion. His thinking was clouded out by an image flashing in and out of view: the image of a young, black-and-white, male Mobian cockatiel with squinted eyes being carried by a tall human in a dark suit and sunglasses. This child was crying out for their parents, confused and scared, not knowing who this man was and why they were taking him. The mother and father were standing in a doorway in agony as they watched the man take their little boy from them. Every sight, smell, sound, etc. of this scene would be just as real to Volt as if he was actually there. It was a scene that he knew all too well—the moment of his arrest by GUN over a decade ago.

The flashback brought back feelings Volt’d buried long ago beneath his quirky, nonchalant persona: anger, pain, anxiety, bitterness...but above all, the burning desire to protect anyone from suffering the same treatment he suffered. This included XM. Seeing it yanked away and carried off by Steel as nothing more than mere ‘property’—Volt knew what that felt like, and it infuriated him. XM, in his eyes, wasn’t just a robot: it was a defenseless, innocent being unduly labeled as a monster to be captured and either weaponized or destroyed, just like him when he was a child. Volt would not allow that to happen at any cost.

He slowly exhaled, trying to keep his composure. While coming to reality, he’d only catch the last bit of Carville’s reply, followed by the sound of footsteps as the Major walked away with his troops. Volt would slowly turn his head, watching them over his shoulder. The very sight of that G logo would make his blood boil with hatred. The intensity of his rage would peak, and his unbridled emotions, without his Siphons to intervene, would trigger the very thing that prompted his capture in the first place—

—Overload.

A sharp, clappling ribbon of electricity would wrap around his torso while Carville’s back was turned. His body would slowly begin accreting negative ions in the immediate area; the air around him would begin feeling lighter, clearer, and somewhat refreshing for a moment—like a cool breeze without wind—but then, tingly and warm. The radius of this effect would slowly begin expanding as his body began conducting more ions father away. Anyone within range would feel light static, causing their hairs to involuntarily stand on end. Meanwhile, Volt would pivot his foot, turning around to face Carville and his squad as they walked away. He would continue speaking in a calm, relatively polite manner, keeping up his ruse: “Actually ‘Major’...that’s not what I meant.”

As he continued to speak, his voice would ramp up in intensity, getting louder, more malicious, more damning and fearless. Although he was speaking on behalf of XM, he was also speaking in behalf of himself, to the agency responsible for torturing him in his childhood.

“I just wanna know, did it—...did he* ever do anything to you? Tell me, does...does your conscience bother you at all right now, knowing what you’re doing to someone everyone’s already told you is innocent?...Or are you so wrapped up in your ‘orders’ that you can’t even see it for yourself?...You talk about ‘tests’ and whatnot as if you don’t already see he’s not some ‘menace to society’ like you thought, that he won’t even—heh, can’t even—hurt a fly, but you’re just...ignoring that...Aren’t you supposed to be protectors, the ones who innocent people look to for help?…But then you go and hunt down someone so obviously innocent like a worthless animal, all because of a stupid order?! And have the nerve to look down at us who PUT THEIR LIVES ON THE LINE FIGHTING FOR WHAT YOU DON’T?!

Volt tightly clenched his fists, screaming that last phrase at the top of his lungs. As his voice echoed through the intersection, the ions around Carville and his troops would begin accreting in Volt’s body; Carville and company would begin to lightly feel the same effects as those close to Volt. But he wouldn’t stop his tirade there. He knew how GUN would answer his questions—with answers similar to what he received from the scientists and bodyguards Area 99 whenever he cried for his parents. 

His voice would dip back down again, his anger past the point of screaming—it was to the point of action. “...But let me guess…” he’d pause, electricity suddenly beginning to snap and crack around his body like loud whips. His gaze would be fixed at Carville and his troops in the distance. 

“’I’m too young to understand’...” Almost without warning, 2 sequential bolts of lightning—with speed and energy like that from a thunderstorm— would strike from the electricity surrounding his body. These bolts would curve around Carville, aiming for the two riflemen. It would not only track their movements, but their metal rifles would conduct it, harshly electrocuting them. 

“’This is government business and I should just keep quiet’...” Another bolt from Volt’s body would shoot upwards, arch over, and crash down on the other troops. Attracted by their machinery, it would fork in three separate directions to hit them simultaneously.

’If I know what’s good for me, I’d better stop asking questions and just go along with it’...” Another bolt would fire towards the medics; he’d purposefully miss just to scare them away from Amber.

These lightning strikes—although non-lethal*—would attempt to KO Carville's squad, narrowing down the numbers to just Volt, XM, Steel and Carville. If successful, Volt’d slowly walk towards Carville, fixedly leering at him through his goggles. His body would start giving off a faint, white-and-yellow glow, and the electricity around his body would intensify, surrounding every appendage.  

“Get back in the van. Tell reporter-lady to drive.” He’d tell Amber as he passed by her. When and if she’d followed his order, he’d stop at a fair distance between him and Carville, addressing him directly:

“Straight answers, only, 'Major'. Otherwise...I’ll slaughter you like the pig you are.”

This time, it was no threat: it was a promise.

Last edited by imbadwithnames on Mon Feb 12, 2018 4:18 am; edited 2 times in total
imbadwithnames
Standard Member
Standard Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Gamma V on Mon Jan 29, 2018 1:11 am

Although she silently cursed Volt's actions, Amber would have loved to do something similar to GUN herself.  She had only known XM for a few hours at best, but she felt a connection to the sweet-natured red robot.  It was like the bond she shared with Rocky before he was taken away by agents of Machina.  Her suspicion that GUN had connections to the shadowy techno-supremacists was only growing.  Before climbing into Sahla's van, she blurted out her own question for Major Carville.

"Who gave you the order to haul XM off for 'testing?'  I would NOT be surprised if one of your superiors had a connection to Machina.  Oh...and I have another question for you.  It's about Steel.  Are there any plans to alter his programming after this mission or to do away with his creator?  If so, HE needs to know about it.  He's not just some machine like a Monobeetle or Hunter.  I can tell he's so much more, and I don't want him to be turned into some Machina henchbot!"

XM, meanwhile, began to shake in Steel's hands, causing the android to hesitantly set him on the ground.

"This scares you, doesn't it?" he asked, his expression softening as he watched XM pull himself back up onto his feet.

"It does," the Hedgebot replied.  "Though this Major wishes to have me apprehended, I do not wish harm to him.  He is simply following instructions, correct?"

"He is...and so am I, but I am not sure I can proceed any further with this mission.  You are an innocent, whether you are a Metal or not.  My father wanted me to protect the innocent, and he believes....that is GUN's prime directive.  He told me...he saw how other GUN robots behaved.  It was too...disconnected...too heartless.  A typical GUN robot would not think twice about injuring a civilian to complete an objective.  I was made to be better in that I'd try to avoid danger to civilians.  I was to be the best of both worlds.  I would have the precision and durability of a robot with the compassion and soul of a human or Mobian."

Meanwhile, Gari Kikuta watched the action from his lab computer screen, smiling with pride at Steel's response to XM's question, as well as his decision to let the Hedgebot go.  Whether his superiors agreed or not, to him, Steel was a rousing success in terms of battle android design.  Still, the green Hedgehog was curious about XM's programming, and, like Amber, wondered if it held some connection to Professor Mitsuda.  He hastily took off his headset, grabbed his keys, and headed for the door, only for it to open and reveal Dr. Koren.

"Where do you think you're going, Dr. Kikuta?" he asked, priming his newly-repaired cybernetic arm to plunge a needle full of a slow-acting and discreet poison into the roboticist's arm.  "You're in no condition to go outside."

"Wait...What?  I'm in perfect health, and you don't look like the normal medical staff.  I've never seen you before," Kikuta replied nervously, not trusting the stranger who stood in the doorway to his lab.

"You're due for a pneumonia vaccine, Dr. Kikuta.  I'm here to administer it.  This season's been quite bad in terms of infections," the wolf lied, feigning concern for the Hedgehog as he gently grabbed his arm.

"Th-The medical staff would've sent me a notification if I was due for any sort of medical procedure," began Gari.  "I haven't received such notification."

"Well, this is an emergency.  The infection is quite virulent.  Why do you think the city streets have been so quiet these past few days, despite it being nearly Christmas?  Oh...That's right.  You don't get out much, do you?"

"What does that matter?  If this was such a bad year for any sort of infection, it would be all over the news," countered Kikuta just before he felt a prick in his arm.

"The media wouldn't want people to panic just before Christmas," grinned Koren as he turned and walked away, chuckling under his breath as the door closed behind him.  "You may be feeling alright NOW, Dr. Kikuta, but that's about to change.  You've been relieved of duty."  Once he was out of earshot of the now-poisoned roboticist, the Machina operative activated his communicator.  "Koren to Major Carville.  Dr. Kikuta is, unfortunately, not fit to oversee the study of the Metal.  You may proceed with the original plan."

Gamma V

http://gammafangirl.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by MikeMurdock on Mon Jan 29, 2018 1:34 am

The Major stands there as the lighting hits. A few troops got caught in the blast and were knocked out temporary. The Medic quickly grabs Amber and drops to the ground. The rest aim there guns to the kid with the OLDER BROTHER of the medic places a railgun behind the head of volt. Not happy he TRIED TO KILLED HIS SISTER.

'And if you kill my sister I will make sure your brains explode out of your thick skull. ' The other bird is angry. He vowed to protect his sister and anyone that shows her harm will defiantly die.

'Calm yourself Master Sergeant!' Bruno will look to the kid 'I can see it in your eyes. I saw something in your past has you on edge against us. I don't know what, but The reason why I want to make sure cause we had an incident 4 years ago with another metal. We thought it was harmless, but.. That was a ruse. The person who developed it activated a Manchurian candidate program which my men and I were assigned to stop it. I saw the flesh boiled from there faces, Soldiers that lost there limbs, and piles of dead bodies with the only thing to cover them was burnt sheets from the local hospital.'

He will then been down to volt's eye level since he is tall even for a mobian.

'I had men in the burn wards screaming in pain including civilians. One of my own was lucky to still have a face. The others one civilian grabbed onto me. wishing for mt to smother him with his own pillow wanting to die. I don't know who you are, but I seen things. I saw armored transports on fire in the battle of Sandopolis, I seen Empire cutter beams vaporize towns while we were trying to evacuated the civilians. And I saw men who did there duty to come back to be spat on by people treating them like utter shit.'

A 2nd lieutenant will come in. A short Muskrat with a gun for a forearm giving an order to lower his weapons as the Major continues.

' We all have our reasons. Jackson which you knocked off joined because he was trying to get away from the mean streets of downtown station square, I saw a person your age. Jacob torn apart from an eggman empire mine. He didn't show a face of glory. Just a face of surprise. He died there that day. I had to deliver the news to his mom. '

He takes a breath. 'Myself and the others are not here for glory. We saw terrible things. The worst our species and humanity has to offer. We saw the horrors of this world to the 9th degree. The outright cruelty of the world. I have seen, however the best the world can offer. Even person I served with showed me self sacrifice. We will do anything to protect us. even if it means dying. I don't know what happen to you son, but doing this to my men. Succumbing to the darkness and even killing me won't change that. The reason we are taking him in is that not of an order, but to make sure in full detail that he won't end up like 4 years ago. The scientist I know is a civilian under a government contract. She will check him thoroughly to make sure it is fine, Once she is done she will let him stay at her place on base. To make sure that whoever made him is not trying to steal the machine. Who knows the metal might be a productive member of society, become the first robotic citizen as well my son, but it is up to you. You can either stop what you're doing. Let us take him to my friend and end this night so everyone can have a good Christmas. Or you kill us and even though I am dead you and your associates will be hunted and haunted by the thought you killed those. ' He will remove the glove showing a wedding ring on his left hand' people with families that going to have another like me come home to give them a letter telling they died in the line of duty. I am letting you make this choice.' He will then take the arm of volt handing his hat off and pressing the hand on his own head. His eyes shows that if it's his time to head to the afterlife of the many that fell he is ready to make that sacrifice for the safety of his men and women.
MikeMurdock

http://www.spritewars.com/index.php?act=idx

Back to top Go down

Post by imbadwithnames on Mon Feb 05, 2018 1:27 am

Volt stood in complete silence, his eyes fixated on Carville as if the other troops weren't there. The questions he vented were ones he’s been holding onto for years now, and all he wanted were answers—answers that would let GUN see that both he and XM weren’t anything but normal people trapped in cursed bodies trying to survive in a world that hates them. Although his face was concealed, Volt’s demeanor and body language showed that he wasn’t about making idle threats or snarky quips anymore. If he didn’t get the answers he wanted...he’d unleash everything he had on the entire squad.

With each passing second, the electric bolts swarming his body got more numerous, cracking and flaring more and more violently. His body’s glow got thicker and brighter, slowly beginning to illuminate the dim intersection. Anyone within inches would start to feel heavy static from the charged ions—the sensation would be like sharp pins and needles pricking them all over, making it almost unbearable to be close to him.

While staring down Carville, Volt heard the threatening voice of a young soldier directly behind him. After a pause, Volt slowly turned his head, leering over his shoulder at them with a piercing, apathetic gaze. The railgun aimed at his head didn’t worry him at all. He knew he could take this guy out before he even knew what hit him, and right now, whoever they were, they were nothing but in the way.

”...Then do it...or sit down.” he coldly replied. The cracking electric bands surrounding him were now linked together in a vein-like pattern, encasing him as if they were an extension of his own body. As he continued glaring at the soldier, they appeared to strengthen: they’d get brighter, whip around even more violently, radiate more static...The intense energy would make his cloak blow gently, as if hit by a breeze. Volt’s fists clenched clench, his foot beginning to pivot towards the soldier, getting ready to strike. However, right before he made his move, Carville’s barking voice ordered the soldier to stand down. The enraged vigilante moved his sights back to the Major. To him, getting his answer was more important than taking out one frustrated soldier.He stood completely still as the Major approached him, bending down to his eye level. 
While Volt was processing Carville's reply, the Major kneeled, grabbed Volt's limp, electrified arm, placed it on top of his head. He egged Volt on, telling him to blast him but warning him of the consequences. Volt's glare through his goggles went straight into Carville’s eyes, returning his fearlessness with pure malice. He slowly inhaled a deep breath of static-filled air, and upon giving a sharp exhale...he began to charge. 

His grip would begin to tighten, squeezing hard on the Major’s skull with every bit of his increased physical strength. The veins of electricity surround his hand whipped around fiercely. Carville would slowly begin to feel the accreting ions in his hand—a light zap that would get more and more intense, more and more painful as Volt pressed the palm of his hand further down into the Major's skull. His cloak would blow violently in the intense energy he was emitting. His eyebrows raised as his anger began to peak. 

This was finally it. After over a decade of suppressing so many negative emotions, he’d finally be able to get his revenge for the torture he endured when he was a child—and to some extent, what he still is enduring today. One shot, one full-force, point-blank blast into the Major’s skull would be all Volt needed to fry him completely, exploding him into tiny electrocuted bits. He dug his talons hard into the Major's scalp, pushed his palm forcefully down on the top of the Major’s head, and then…

...he realized something. 

Carville was only one of the many agents from GUN; killing him would solve absolutely nothing. The organization as a whole: they were the ones at fault. If he went through with this, not only would he be defying the code of honor he gave to Alloy, not only would he be ignoring his parents’ request for him to stay out of trouble—he’d be playing right into GUN’s hands, giving them a reason to see both him and XM as the terroristic freaks they thought they were. And that was the opposite of what Volt was fighting for. He wasn’t going to give GUN a chance to rationalize what they did to him, let alone what he suspected they’d do to XM.

And just like that, Volt stopped charging his energy. The electricity engulfing his hand would slowly start to die down. The veins began to settle around his body, and Volt released his held breath. However, his hand would keep a firm grip on the Major’s skull, not wanting to let go no matter what. Although he wasn't going to kill him, Volt was everything but done with him. 

Staring directly in the Major’s eyes, he calmly spoke to Carville in his still-threatening tone:“...That’s not how this is gonna work, slimeball…You’re not the boss of me. I don’t have anything to prove to you.” His grip would continue to tighten, and he’d press down again on Carville’s skull, further forcing him to submit. “Here's a little news flash: we were just about to take him to a friend of mine—a friend who will actually help him, Machurian or not—before you and your little pawns tried to yank him away….I already know how your labcoats work...What they’ve done to flesh-and-blood Mobians, let alone what they’d do to a robot, regardless of their innocence...And you think I’m dumb enough to just let him go to a pack of sick pricks like you?...Now I’ll 'leave this up to you.'" He looked up, moving his hate-filled stare to the troops surrounding him. He stopped his focus on Steel and the muskrat for a second, then looked back down to Carville. "...if you value your men so dearly, if you want each and every one of them to go home safely, if you’re ‘not here for glory’ or whatever...Leave. And don’t even think about tracking us...That, or, you can stick to your pride…,” he’d pause, letting the electric energy surround his body grow again, “...and put all of their blood on your hands.”
imbadwithnames
Standard Member
Standard Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Gamma V on Mon Feb 05, 2018 2:50 pm

As Amber stood near Sahla's van, she could feel the pins-and-needles sensation of Volt's static whipping against her.  XM and Steel, meanwhile, were experiencing some disruptions in their systems.

"A minor power surge is disrupting system function," XM reported, his arms and head twitching due to the static's effects on his motor controls.

"T-That cloaked figure is generating an increasing electrical charge," added Steel.  "H-He's going to kill Major Carville.  I-I have to help him."  With those words, he dashed toward Volt, but was knocked down by one of the larger bolts of electricity the Cockatiel generated.

"Um...buddy," began Amber, not yet knowing the DVNz by name, "Major Carville is right about the Manchurian Metal and what it did."  She looked at XM, wanting to believe that her friend wasn't the same, but unable to deny that it was a possibility.  She began to cry.

"You are leaking again," XM observed.  "What is wrong?"

Amber sighed.  "Major Carville is right about there being a Metal like you a few years ago who was a Manchurian Agent, and as much as I want to believe that you're not, I have to accept that you could be."

"Based on Major Carville's description of the Manchurian Metal's behavior after being triggered, I do not wish to be a Manchurian Agent myself.  If I were, I could damage you, which would be a fatal error..."

"Right now, I'm really starting to trust Major Carville more than that so-called vigilante.  He's too temperamental."

"I agree.  I...I volunteer to travel with Major Carville.  I do not wish to be a Manchurian Agent, and...perhaps he has contact with someone who will know what to do to prevent that."

"I'm coming with you, XM, both as your friend, and as your guardian.  I already know one of the scientists in GUN's robotics department.  Hopefully, he can help with a system scan to make sure you're not a Manchurian Agent....and maybe he can even help with that hand upgrade I've been meaning to give you before Cuckoo Bird burned my place down."  She then turned to Volt, who had stopped charging up electricity and was now verbally confronting Carville.

"And I was gonna give him a hand upgrade before you came in and burned my house down!" the orange Hedgehog snapped.  "Surely, you could've dealt with Dr. Koren in a way that caused less collateral damage!"

Gamma V

Back to top Go down

Post by MikeMurdock on Mon Feb 05, 2018 3:37 pm

Right when volt is going to do some serious damage to the group two other figures emerged from the GUN group. A heavily modified GUN hunter with a Black, Gunmetal Blue, and gold trimming color scheme along a Korean looking human female. The hunter gun arm was replaced with another manipulator arm as the robot reacts with pushing the scientist away with every lightning strike as she moves towards Amber. She will stop when she cannot move no more due to the intensity.

'Guardian. If you can break up those two before they kill each other.' The doctor will notify the Hunter unit.

'It will be difficult ma'am. I sense the one holding the Major has created an energy field around it yet it's not killing the major. I however would suggest the Major seeks medical help though.' the hunter responds in a male British sounding accent. ' I can see what I can do.' it will then walk to as close as possible.

'Excuse me ol bean. May I ask you please halt your efforts in you wanting to kill the Major, If you continue to try I will sadly have to stun you temporary.'

The female will look to Amber ' I did not expect you to be into this mess. Especially with that fascinating robot along with the android. I remember when you were planning to join the ministry of science in Westopolis ,but I see you here dealing with much. I do have a middle ground solution if these mercs want to listen to it unless they like doing the shoot first, shoot here, shoot there, shoot everywhere and when everyone is dead ask a question or two. Then again I see also the GUN members drawing there weapons as well.'

Sahla will stick her head out of the van seeing the doctor ' HEY I KNOW YOU... Your Chwa Young-Mi That scientist in the ministry. I can tell cause when your around that hunter follows.'

'Because my reporter friend It is a dangerous world out there so why not have a robot to protect you, but it seems the area here is a large cluster of insanity. ' The woman would adjust her glasses.

Meanwhile, the Major will feel the talons in his head. It hurts like hell, but he didn't waiver. He dealt with young folks like this. Well not one with powers. He was going to say something to the kid until Guardian decided to show up.

'Guardian..... the sam hell your doing here?.... I told you and the doc to stay..... in the vtol...'

'I am sorry Major Carville, but the doctor saw her way out and Where she goes I follow to make sure she is safe. Your safety is in danger. I can detect you are in pain, but trying to mask...'

'SHUT UP GUARDIAN!' The major would interrupt the robot.
MikeMurdock

Back to top Go down

Post by Gamma V on Mon Feb 05, 2018 4:33 pm

"Chwa?" Amber began in shock.  "Is that you?  I haven't seen you since college, when we were in Professor Mitsuda's robotics course!  You're the second classmate I've rediscovered today."  Amber smiled at XM, seeing him as a sort of reuniting force for her and friends from her past.  In a way, it was like an impromptu Christmas Class Reunion.

"Yeah, I would've joined the Ministry had certain things not happened.  You heard about the murder of Professor Mitsuda and the disappearance of Rocky, right?"

Gamma V

Back to top Go down

Post by imbadwithnames on Wed Feb 07, 2018 7:29 am

Volt’s grip didn’t lessen whatsoever, not for a single moment. He pressed down on Carville’s head with more and more force, attempting to push the Major onto his knees. The energy surrounding him was at a steady peak, ready to unload if GUN refused to let XM go.

Meanwhile, Volt was starting to feel intense pain both in and outside of his body. His anger alone was pushing him through it; however, it was slowly starting to overgrow that. It was as if the lightning veins were burning into his own skin, sinking into his bloodstream. Every pump of his heart felt like it was pushing searing lava over his bones and through his muscle, growing hotter and hotter with every ion collected. Normally, someone with powers would stop collecting energy at this point...but Volt couldn’t. He couldn’t stop it on his own, no matter how much he wanted, or tried, to.

Every bit of pain he began to feel, he released it in his clasp on Carville’s skull. The longer he tried to grit his teeth and endure the pain, the tighter his grip would become. He didn’t have enough strength to crush Carville’s skull with his bare hands, but it certainly would begin to feel like it. 

It wasn’t before long that Amber approached him, continuing her complaint of his method of escaping the apartment. Volt internalized her words, but instead of snapping back like he usually would, however, he’d shift his eyes in her direction, then to XM, examining the wary look on their faces.

Of course, neither of them fully knew Volt’s motives; making himself Overload was not just a power-up to take on GUN. It was a desperate, last-ditch effort to protect XM—one that put his own life at risk from the potentially lethal damage it causes. After becoming so attached to the android, Volt couldn’t live with himself if he let it suffer the same inhumane treatment as he did when he was a child. 

Volt would exhale, trying to steady his still-deepened voice to address Amber’s concern. He tried to stay calm while he would speak, appealing to her reason: “...You wanna know why I shot that place up?...Look around you. Get a good look at every single one of these jarheads pointin’ rifles at me…you see that look in their eyes?..You think they’d show any remorse about takin’ me down if I made one wrong move? You think they care whether or not I walk out of here intact after all this?...No...no all they see is a freak. A target...And yea, I might be the one on the offensive this time, but it ain’t always been this way...this has been goin’ on for years, Sunshine. Since I came out of the freakin’ womb...all these punks’ve done is hunt me down like a worthless animal my entire life...because that’s all I am to them—heck...that’s all I am period...nothin’ but a freak.”

As he continued speaking, a second layer of electric bands would crack and spark over the veins of lightning, forming in a similar fashion as before. These bands would intensity, grow in number, and emit even more static. However, his pain would grow with it. His voice would become shaky as he struggled to continue despite it.

“...T-Tell me...you think they see him any differently?” His eyes would shift over towards XM. “...You think they sent all these goons with their little toys out—the wire launchers, the choppers, all of it—because they think he’s peaceful? Because they wanna make friends with him?...No, they didn’t. They came to hunt down a freak, a monster...like me. Which he...he isn't...he doesn't deserve that life...," his eyes shifted back downwards to Carville. "...I could’ve left just as easy as I came in that apartment and saved my own tail, you know...but if these punks barged in and found you laid out, him lurchin’ over you—those same kinda eyes you see in these grunts...they’d all be on him, thinkin’ he did that...Now try to tell me whether your little apartment is worth more than that.." He'd pause for a second to swallow the pain, then continued: "My family...they know how to take care of people like him. Everything those sleazy little labcoats would do to him—the ones that THIS PRICK,“ he’d yell, pushing down further on Carville’s skull, “...keeps lyin’ about and saying that they’d actually help him, like they can do anything besides probe people like freakin’ aliens...my big bro can do 100 times better anything they ever could, and the fact that I’m even alive right now proves it...But if you wanna go ahead and risk his livelihood all because of a stinkin’ apartment...fine.”

His hand would suddenly loosen its grip on Carville’s head, pushing him away to make him stumble off his feet. The imprints of Volt’s fingertips would leave steaming burn marks from the electricity. Volt would still be standing over him, glaring dead into his eyes, while continuing to speak to Amber: “I gave you a choice earlier...GUN, Machina, or me. You wanna play babysitter?...Then go ahead. But I can tell you something I do know...the peaceful little guy you know right now?...He’s not gonna be anywhere near the same when GUN’s through with him...just like me...All that stuff from the fire can be replaced...he can’t.”
imbadwithnames
Standard Member
Standard Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Gamma V on Wed Feb 07, 2018 5:40 pm

XM was the first to notice that Volt's overloading was causing him pain.  "F-Friend," he stammered, "you appear to be overloading your systems.  You may be damaged."

Amber, meanwhile, listened carefully to Volt's rant about GUN's treatment of 'freaks' like himself.  She began to think back on all the overly-aggressive actions GUN had taken in the past.  There were well-documented incidents, like when they doggedly pursued Sonic, claiming that he had stolen a Chaos Emerald from some museum, even after surveillance footage from the museum showed a Hedgehog that just barely looked like him.  Alternative media sites had often speculated that this was done to cover up the existence of Shadow, who was really behind the theft of the Emerald.  She was still in high school when that happened, and even then, she thought GUN was in the wrong, especially after all the times that Sonic had saved the world.  More recently, she had read reports online that they had established a sort of martial law in the neighborhood surrounding Professor Mitsuda's estate, performing thorough, gun-point searches of anyone entering or leaving.  Such military presence was not normal near the scene of a murder, as such things were typically handled by the local police department.  She turned to face Major Carville.  "Sir, tell me.  Do you know of an organization called Machina?  It's not just the stuff of conspiracy theories.  It really exists, and while I trust that you're not affiliated with that stinkin' organization, I have no doubt that you're unwittingly playing right into their hands coming after XM here.  Oh yeah...about that Manchurian Metal...What DID you do with him after he was neutralized?  Did you remove the Manchurian programming or just scrap him?  If I still had the means to do so, I'd check XM out for Manchurian programming myself, and if I found it, I'd delete it while leaving the rest of his programming intact.  I don't know if you even heard him say he didn't WANT to be a Manchurian Agent.  Did that other Metal?"  She then turned to Volt.  "I'm not as much upset about my place burning down because of stuff I know could be replaced.  I'm upset because I needed some of that to help XM, and I wanted to help him as soon as possible."  She sighed.  The decision about whom to follow for XM's sake was getting harder to make until she saw a familiar Wolf peeking out from behind a dumpster.

Dr. Koren grinned devilishly as he aimed his cybernetic arm cannon at the group and prepared a special projectile that would release both an EMP and knockout gas.  "Of course, the Hedgehog is right, but we can't have some GUN grunts turning on us because they know the truth.  Besides, you're all in my way," he whispered before firing.

XM, detecting the approaching projectile, turned to face the direction from which the weapon was fired.  "An object is approaching at..."  Before he could finish, the projectile hit the ground and activated, releasing its payload and causing XM to collapse onto the street.  Meanwhile, the humans and Mobians would begin to feel sleepy if they're not wearing gas masks.

"What?  What's?" Amber began before collapsing on top of XM.

Gamma V

Back to top Go down

Post by MikeMurdock on Wed Feb 07, 2018 5:55 pm

'I did not. As you can see someone is hunting me as well. Though not this 'Machina' as you call it. Mainly the A.M.F. the Anti-Machiners Front. Mainly a bunch of wack jobs that think that AI should not have self awareness. Even calling Guardian a monster. There were even some GUN members who do not like the idea. Its why when I choose protection I asked for Bruno's help. He was a friend of my father's and he seen Guardian first hand.' Chwa Young-Mi would respond to Amber as she walks to XM observing the metal in close detail.

'I am impressed by the craftsmanship of this unit, Though the drill hands are not useful. If my bodyguards and these mercs can stop butting heads and showing how Macho they are I would like them to turn down there testosterone I want to talk to XM along with you Amber. Though I do hope if our merc friends would join us I can show them firsthand I am trying to help this metal.'

After the long winded speech and being pushed by Volt Guardian will catch the Major before he hits the ground.

'I detect that you have sustained 2nd degree burn marks to your head and signs of shocks to your body. I would recommend that miss Ayelet see to your wounds. I also detected pressure that happened to your skull and I would also suggest a catscan or your ego is too much to do what a doctor would tell you otherwise.' Guardian would reply to the Major.

'If that's a joke Guardian you need to work on that shit.', As soon as the Major responds back Ayelet the medic would tend to his wounds.

'You are insane Major. I know you don't want to see the rest of us hurt, but ... oh no.. ' She will look at Volt's condition.' Please if you have a medic with you please take care of him. I have a medic bag to assist if you need one. ' Ayelet will plead to the other mercs worried about Volt even though he did the wounds to the Major. She will continue to do her work on the Major before she gets up and checks volt of his injuries if any.

Sahla will then storm over to the human doctor next to XM ' WELL IF THERE GOING I AM AS WELL. You can't keep this from the public and I am making sure I get the story before channel 9 and channel 1. '

The major will look to Amber. ' Sadly there was nothing we could do. The metal was beyond help is acted like a wild animal killing everything in sight. Even the Hunter units could not stop him. We set an ambush and fired everything we had. We had two bigfoots, 3 Giga Troopers, and infantry armed with Recoiless launchers and machine guns and fired everything to stop it. so yes we scra...'

Before he can finish smoke grenades would hit the ground ' QUICK GAS MA... ' It was too late as the GUN troops grabbed there as masks they couldn't get them on in time as they fell over knocked out along with the reporter and Chwa.

'The gas is putting them into a catatonic state I will need to use my ventilation system to' Before Guardian can activate his ventilation system a few EMP grenades hit.

'Damage to systems... Activating statis lock to prevent AI matrix from damage. He will successfully activate the statis lock to prevent the destruction of his AI, but it would disable all his digital systems though as like a stiff board fall over onto the ground.
MikeMurdock

Back to top Go down

Post by imbadwithnames on Sun Feb 11, 2018 6:58 am

“Then don’t let these scumbags fool you,” Volt starkly replied to Amber. “There’s nothing more important than making sure he survives…These fools don’t care about that. I told y—” he stopped mid-sentence.

His body tensed up and his hands began to tremble. The pain was now overshadowing his anger; however, his body still couldn’t cease collecting and emitting energy. The only way out now was to succumb to this pain—this feeling of burning knives stabbing him on every inch of his body, sinking into his veins and scorching his bones—and pass out, but wouldn’t let himself do that. He grit his teeth even harder and clenched his fists even tighter, letting out a low, straining, shaky grunt. He exhaled again trying to breathe it out, but the pain would only get worse and worse with each second that passed.

While he struggled to finish his thought, Volt noticed XM in his peripheral turning to face something behind them. Volt began to turn as well, but the moment he did, XM was knocked offline, collapsing; he started to catch the robot, but he flinched his hand away knowing he’d hurt it in his current state. He then did a full 180 to see what was going on, only to spot a smoke grenade seeping some kind of gas, and a familiar figure in the distance...

“GET DOWN!” Volt yelled, instinctively backing away and putting his left arm in front of his face. His cloak sleeve, combined with the bandana covering his face, give him a little bit of fresh air; on top of this, the ions emitted from his body began reacting with the gas, creating a flurry of tiny sparks that surrounded and shielded him. Unfortunately though, the others weren't so lucky. All of them—XM, Amber, Carville, the medics, the troops—were on the ground, passed out. The unconscious bodies spread about the intersection looked like the aftermath of a war scene.

Volt’s eyes targeted the figure in the distance, suspecting it to be the cause of this. He caught a glimpse of its metallic arm reflecting the streetlights; attached to it, a dark, organic body wearing a gas mask. This figure looked familiar, alright: it was Koren.

Volt’s anger started to peak again. The glare of his eyes would dig right into Koren; the sparks, veins, and lightning bands around his body began raging even further. In his preoccupation with GUN, he forgot all about this Machina tracking XM down. He had his own bone to pick with GUN, but that could be handled later. Right now, Koren was the main one standing in his way of getting XM to safety.

“...You are one stupid mutt,” Volt growled. His voice could barely be heard over the loud whips and cracks of lightning around him. He’d stare down Koren for a while as the gas began to clear. Then, he’d exhale slowly and softly. His hands would begin to loosen, and his body would begin to sway. His feet began to crackle with electricity—noticably more so than any other appendage. His eyes stayed deadlocked on Koren, tracking his every move.

Volt didn’t have time to humor this sociopath. He was going to take him down, right here, right now.  

Volt took a slow step forward. But before his foot touched the ground, he seemed to disappear in a flash of lightning—a bolt going straight for Koren, so fast it’d be trailed by a violent gust of wind. This streak was no projectile likebefore, however: it was Volt himself, dashing towards Koren at breakneck speed. Even though Koren was a considerable distance away, Volt would appear in front of him in a fraction of a second.

The very moment he appeared, Volt would launch a hard, devastating right knee towards the cyborg’s gut—a knee that carried the force of Overload’s increased speed and power. If connected successfully, Volt would immediately follow with his right forearm down at the back of Koren’s head, an effort to level him face first into the ground. Afterwards, he’d step his left foot on the small of Koren's back, square on his spine, pinning him. The surge of electricity flowing around Volt would transfer into Koren, stunning both his mechanical arm and his organic body. Volt would then point his hand down at Koren, a yellow-ish white glow of charged ions collecting in his palm, charging a blast.

"Now...you have 5 seconds to tell me who you are and what this Machina is....or you're dead."

"5..."

Last edited by imbadwithnames on Mon Feb 12, 2018 4:24 am; edited 3 times in total

My core faction: DVNz
Members:
- "Volt" the Cockatiel (my main)
- "Alloy" the Wolverine
- "Overclock" the Wolverine
- "Mirage" the Margay

Other OCs:
- "Gust" the Wolf
imbadwithnames
Standard Member
Standard Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Gamma V on Sun Feb 11, 2018 1:27 pm

Koren gritted his teeth as the rapid-fire blows from Volt struck him.  Were the Cockatiel not holding him down, he'd run.  If not for his cybernetics being fried, he'd perform a little "operation" on his assailant.  "You...again!  You should be unconscious, like the others!" Koren screamed.  "Even if you kill me, you won't stop Machina!  DEUS EST MACHINA!"

While Volt dealt with Koren, Amber, still sedated from the gas, began to drift into a dream of her graduation day.

"Good morning, Amber!" greeted a cheerful young male voice.

"Oh...Heh....Morning, Rocky."

"Are you as excited about graduation as I am about being unveiled to the world?

"Yeah," the Hedgehog smiled as she jumped out of her bed and pumped her fist in the air, Crono-style, before going to her closet to pick out clothes.  "You're coming to the party at my childhood home in Station Square, right?

"Absolutely," the Android Hedgehog replied.  "That's where I'm gonna be unveiled to the world.  Professor Mitsuda told me that I'd be a great example of an intelligent robot the city could welcome.  Some people in Station Square still see intelligent robots as harbingers of disaster due to Eggman's attack on the city a few years ago."

"Funny.  Most of the damage wasn't even done by robots, but rather, an angry mutant Chao."

"Yeah," Rocky laughed.  "If they can accept Chao despite one leaving the city a flooded ruin, they can accept an intelligent robot!"

"The uninitiated probably will think you're just a normal Hedgehog boy.  You don't look like a robot, and you don't act like one."

"It took me six years to get to that point.  I owe it all to you,"  Rocky replied before hugging his roommate, who responded by ruffling the fur on his head.

With that, the image of Rocky's smiling face blurred out of Amber's vision, representing his disappearance on that very day.

Gamma V

Back to top Go down

Post by MikeMurdock on Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:26 pm

When everyone is knocked out the last thing Shimson does is press an emergency beacon to the VTOL.

'It's From the capture team. The emergency beacon has been activated. We need to--'

Before the pilot finished he will get a radio signal from a GUN channel.

'This is SteelBat. I will handle this. Just make sure you prep a team to recover them if you have any available units.'

With that the com call ends.

As Volt and the cyborg fought a unit lands onto the ground cracking the floor. When the dust settles the waking individuals will see a Heavily modified Giga Trooper with a belt fed machine gun on the right arm and combat shield on the left painted in Black, Grey, white and it's Head looks vastly different with a monoeye and antenna with a different logo on the right shoulder showing he's from a different unit. It will stand there looking to the Cyborg. Inside the cockpit was a Bat in a fully enclosed pilot suit.

'Seems I missed the party.' He will look to the two fighting but observes the situation before engaging he would com in

'Steelbat here. It seems that the 9th unit is out cold. From the fog I can tell it's a gas attack. I am damn lucky to come in with my pilot suit. Tell Natalia I won't be back to the motor pool in time for her famous Turkey dinner.'
MikeMurdock

Back to top Go down

Post by imbadwithnames on Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:19 am

Volt’s foot would drive harder into Koren’s back following his outburst. Information or no information, Koren to him was nothing but a nuisance getting in the way of taking XM to safety—and as long as he resisted, Volt would keep counting.

“4…”

The lightning around Volt would flare and crack as violently as ever. The influx of electricity emitting from his body would be so intense it’d cause streetlights to flicker, generators to stutter, and any other nearby electric appliances to be disrupted.

“3…”

A bolt of lightning would crash down on Volt from above and circle him as if it was feeding him energy. The whitish glow around his body would be almost blinding to look at directly; the electric veins encasing him would jump and whip about, knocking small chips into the street’s pavement; and the electric ball in his hand would grow larger and larger as it continued to gather more energy. The amount of static Koren would feel at this point would make it even hard to breathe.  

“2…”

Volt sunk his foot further into Koren’s back—close to crushing his spine. Doing this would inject more and more electricity into him. The wolf’s cybernetic arm would be completely shut down at this point; his organic muscles would contract tightly, making movement virtually impossible to move, if not unbearably painful. Volt’s energy would continue to raise amidst it all, however. The lightning bolts would knock harder and harder against the asphalt, turning the small chips to full-on cracks and craters. The pain in Koren’s body would make the pain Volt was feeling from Overload pale in comparison, but the continuous electric jolt—just enough to keep his heart from stopping—would prevent him from passing out, making him feel every bit of it. Volt would hesitate before saying the final number...and putting him out of his misery.

Carville was just one GUN soldier among many; unleashing all his suppressed anger and killing him would achieve nothing.

He couldn’t say the same for Koren.

“...One.”

At that very moment, Volt pulled his charged hand back. He glared menacingly at the back of Koren’s head, aiming straight for it. Unable to control the power of his blasts at this point, one blast would turn this nutjob cyborg into mush. Volt lunged his hand forward, beginning to let the immense electric energy go, unleashing every bit stored into Koren skull—

—when a loud thump in the distance stopped him dead in his tracks.

Volt looked up to see where it was coming from. A large GUN mech was in the distance honed in on him and Koren. He stared at it angrily, keeping his charge constant. What on earth was GUN doing now?

Volt was sick of the constant interferences. All he wanted to do was get XM somewhere safe, away from all of these people hunting it down. His glare would shift towards the GUN mech, eyeing it down like a bird for its prey. Then, he’d slowly move his hand upwards, beginning to aim it at the mech.

However, just before he extended his palm to fire, a loud, shriek would be heard coming from around the corner of a sidestreet heading straight towards him&mdash, a voice that Volt would immediately recognize;

“VVVVOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLTTT!!!!!!” It was the voice of his best friend and older brother, Overclock.

Volt flinched. Within seconds, a large, black four-legged mech carrying two large cannons on its back and a turret under its cockpic came skidding from around the corner. It stopped with a earthquaking stomp right next to Volt and Koren, lowering its green-tinted cockpit window to them.

“Volt!! Stop this right now!!!” Overclock would scream through the intercom. “What do you think Alloy’s going to say when he finds out about what you’re going to do, huh?! This isn’t how we do things, and you know it!!”

Volt hesitated for a second. He kept his eyes dead on the GUN mech, his foot still pinning down Koren. “...Save it, dude.”

Members:
- "Alloy" the Wolverine
- "Mirage" the Margay

Other OCs:
- "Gust" the Wolf
imbadwithnames
Standard Member
Standard Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Gamma V on Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:47 am

Koren gasped and whimpered from the pain being inflicted on him by the crazed Cockatiel.  Now unable to do anything due to a non-functional cybernetic arm and the intense muscle contractions throughout his body, he could barely eke out the words "I failed, Master Mechanus."

It was at that moment that Koren saw the GUN mech approaching out of the corner of his eye.  "Or...perhaps not," he said out loud, believing that the mech was being piloted by a fellow Machina operative within GUN.

Amber, meanwhile, remained unconscious, while XM and Steel lay deactivated nearby.

Gamma V

Back to top Go down

Post by MikeMurdock on Sat Feb 17, 2018 5:43 pm

The Giga trooper would aim its weapons to Koren

'Unless you want to see what happens to your body with a full barrage of this firepower does to the non mechanical parts of your body I suggest you surrender immediately.'

The radar would detect the other mech coming in as the man inside that would halt volt's action.

'I don't know who you fellas are, but I can sure as hell know from the guy sparking electricity fighting this one right here that your guys are knocked out as well. I'll handle this while you get the folks here to safety and away from this gas. Also, I do see Chwa's robot is down, If you do rescue her you can save the robot by ejecting his computer core from the back of his body. She would not be happy if her robot isn't with her'

With that the Giga Trooper will continue to aim at Koren the symbol on his mech's shoulder is that of the 41st mechanized unit also known as the PanzerHunds. For anyone that knows there GUN information they will know they are a Rapid Reaction Force sent in for emergencies and made a name for themselves during the Black Arms invasion.
MikeMurdock

Back to top Go down

Post by imbadwithnames on Fri Feb 23, 2018 8:18 am

((I was asked to drop due to IRL business keeping me from posting consistently, so just assume Volt went back to base with Overclock in order to get treated for Overload.))

Members:
- "Alloy" the Wolverine
- "Mirage" the Margay

Other OCs:
- "Gust" the Wolf
imbadwithnames
Standard Member
Standard Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Gamma V on Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:34 am

Amber finally began to come to just in time to see the KONDUIT leave with Volt, presumably to treat his injuries.  She soon stood up and walked over to the still-inactive XM, searching until she found a small button in the back of his head, which she pressed, hoping her friend would reboot.  She smiled when the blue ovals that served as the robot's eyes illuminated.  "Hey, XM," she greeted.

"Amber...Hello...What happened?"

"I think everyone's been gassed, and, judging by your deactivation when I came to, EMPed.  No doubt it was Koren."

"I detected an incoming object, but was unable to defend against it.  I apologize."

"No need, XM," the orange Hedgehog smiled, helping the robot to his feet.  "I know how you feel about fighting.  Besides, if it was a grenade-type projectile, intercepting it probably would've set it off anyway."

"Will the others reactivate?"

"I can only hope so," Amber replied, noticing Steel lying on the ground nearby.  "I suppose I can get this guy back online.  Yeah, I know he did try to capture you, but he seems like an overall good guy.  Plus, he's the son of an old friend."

XM followed his Mobian friend as she walked over to Steel, searching for the battle android's power switch and finding it concealed behind his back-most dreadlock.  "From what I heard, Gari treats this guy like a son, which is how Professor Mitsuda treated Rocky."

After being reactivated, Steel quickly jumped to his feet and ran a system check before looking at Amber with a somewhat puzzled expression on his face.  "I was willing to capture your friend, yet you...you trust me enough to reactivate me?"

"You're a good kid, Steel.  I can tell.  I noticed your hesitance to continue your mission as you got to know XM.  You really aren't like a typical GUN bot, and that's a good thing."

"My father wanted me to be different.  He was aware of the combat advantages of my robotic nature, but he also saw the benefits of human and Mobian emotions.  That's why I was willing to abandon the mission when I got to know XM.  Metal or not, he's an innocent, and I was created to protect the innocent."

Amber smiled and patted the android's head, to which he responded by smiling back at her.

Gamma V

Back to top Go down

Post by MikeMurdock on Sun Feb 25, 2018 6:20 am

The bat's giga Trooper keeps his weapons on the machina trooper as the loudspeaker to those awaking

'You may want to get everyone up, so we can leave. I'll keep this man at bay' The bat keep his attention to the man his weapons ready to vaporize him if he tries anything.
MikeMurdock

Back to top Go down

Post by Gamma V on Sun Feb 25, 2018 6:51 am

Steel saluted when he heard the voice of his fellow GUN officer and went about waking his other comrades.  Amber, meanwhile, ran over to Sahla, gently shaking the reporter, hoping to wake her up.  "Shake off the gas, Mint," she said out-loud, making a reference to the similarly intrepid reporter character from RoboTrek.  "We gotta get out of here before Machina sends in reinforcements."

XM tilted his head.  "Is the pink female's designation Mint?" he asked, not knowing that his friend was just giving the pink Hedgehog an unofficial nickname based on one of the many retro video games she enjoyed.

Amber laughed.  "I don't think so, but she reminds me of a character named Mint from RoboTrek, which is a video game about building robots to save the world.  It was my first foray into the world of TRPGs!"

"What is a TRPG?"

"Taipanese Role-Playing Game, XM.  They're story-driven games where you get to customize and grow your player characters with different equipment and stats.  Your characters get stronger the more experience they gain, usually through combat.  You...may not like them, knowing how you feel about killing."

"I would not.  Why do you?"

"I'm attracted by the stories and sense of character growth.  Besides, you're not killing anything that really exists.  At its core, every monster you kill in an RPG is just a bunch of computer code that's EXTREMELY simplistic compared to what you and Steel must me running."  The orange Hedgehog sighed.  "Rocky wasn't much of an RPG guy, but he got to be a pretty sweet Mario Kart player."

"Do you...miss...playing Mario Kart with Rocky?"

"Yeah.  I miss everything about him...."

Gamma V

Back to top Go down

Post by MikeMurdock on Sun Feb 25, 2018 2:34 pm

Sahla would awake after being shaken up ' Wha.. What happened?'

Bruno would be woken up along with Chwa by steel as the bear works on waking up the others Chwa will remove the A.I. core from the hunter since the body was trashed, but the AI core was in stasis lock to prevent damage.

'Time to leave now!' Bruno will yell as the troops move out while Shimson, Ayelet, and the mongoose provided escort for Sahla, XM, Chwa, and Amber to the VTOL transport to return to base.

Bruno would look around to see the mercs are no longer around. 'A damn shame. I can understand what that boy is feeling, but no crying over spilled milk. '

As soon as the group is gone Mike would follow suit, but never holstering his weapons on the giga trooper until they are far away from the Machina guy.
MikeMurdock

Back to top Go down

Post by Gamma V on Mon Feb 26, 2018 2:05 am

Amber, Steel, and XM climbed into the VTOL and took their seats.  The Echidna android decided to sit with the nerdy Hedgehog and her Pseudo-Metal companion.  Though he barely knew them, he was beginning to see them both as friends and was hoping that the trip back to headquarters would give him time to get to know them better.

Amber, meanwhile, breathed a sigh of relief at being able to sit in a much more comfortable seat and be out of the cold.  XM noticed her lowering tension.  "Your...tension level seems to have decreased, Amber."

"Yeah.  It's good to sit in a proper seat out of the cold, and it's good not to have to worry about Koren or that Cuckoo Bird anymore."

"Do you mean Reginald Koren?" asked Steel, having seen the name on a list of new recruits to the GUN medical staff.

"Yeah.  Do you know that slimeball?"

"I do not know him personally, but he appears to have recently enlisted with GUN as a medic.  Since then, he has apparently done some questionable things...and more than one of his fellow medics mentions being creeped out by him."

"Can't say I blame them.  If they knew what he did to my mother and his own father, they'd sooner throw him in a super-max cell than enlist him.  Koren's a pretty good liar though.  Either he lied his way into GUN, or a Machina operative let him in."

Steel immediately contacted Dr. Kikuta.  "Father, do you know of a Dr. Reginald Koren?"

Dr. Kikuta, hearing his son's question, doubled over in pain as he weakly responded.  "I....I don't....but I have a feeling I should."

"Is something wrong?  You sound like you're in pain."

"Wolf...with cybernetic arm....injected me with something....said it was a pneumonia shot...but...I doubt that."

"That sounds like Koren.  Creep must've shot you up with some kind of poison to get you out of the way.  Either way, I'm with Steel, and we're on our way back."

"This Koren...must not want me to take part in examining the Metal's programming," Kikuta commented before another sharp pain caused him to audibly groan over the communicator.

"I think we should hurry.  Whatever Dr. Koren did to my father sounds painful."

"Good luck, son," Kikuta groaned before closing the connection and collapsing to his knees on the floor.  Above him, he could hear a soft female voice lamenting "This is...my fault."

Gamma V

Back to top Go down

Post by MikeMurdock on Mon Feb 26, 2018 4:57 pm

The VTOL would land at the base as the squad departs. Some would be taken to the base hospital to recover from the gas or any injuries from the incident. The Giga trooper in question would return to the hanger as the bat leaves to head home tossing his helmet into the car and taking off.

The base guards will be on stand-by to make sure even while everyone rests they will be making sure the base is protected from outside sources.

Ayelet will help take Amber if the hedgehog is okay with it to the hospital to make sure her injuries are treated better than the field while Shimson follows.

Chwa will take the A.I. core back to her lab. Not happy that the body was destroyed, but she could find a new shell for Guardian to place him in for now.

Bruno and the rest after getting check at the hospital would return to the barracks and residential area on base until the next day.
MikeMurdock

Back to top Go down

Post by Gamma V on Tue Feb 27, 2018 3:34 am

Amber relaxed while Ayelet and the medical staff tended to the wounds she received from following Volt out of her burning apartment.  She was still a bit angry with the DVNz member for the rash actions he took that got her into her current situation.  The young Cockatiel may have saved her from Dr. Koren, but, to her, his actions did more harm than good.  To further ease her mind and give herself and XM some entertainment, she turned on the TV which was mounted on the wall opposite her bed.  This TV was connected to several on-demand streaming services, so she decided to search for a show both she and XM would enjoy: The Zeta Project.  "Sweet!  They got it," she said out loud when the search results returned the desired show, which she was quick to select and play.

"What do they have?" XM asked.

"Oh.  The Zeta Project.  I think you'll like this show."

While Amber and XM watched TV in the medical bay, Steel ran to Dr. Kikuta's lab at top speed, nearly crashing through the door before skidding to a halt and opening it.

"I don't know if you needed to travel at full speed, son," cautioned Gari as a sudden sharp pain stabbed at his forehead, causing him to clutch his temples.

"I...just wanted to get here as quickly as possible.  That Dr. Koren did inject you with something, right?  It could be a deadly poison...I can't let my creator die."

Gari tried to smile through his pain.  He was proud of the loyalty his creation displayed; a trait that he didn't specifically program into him.

"Steel," came the same feminine voice that blamed herself for Kikuta's predicament.  "Before you...take him to...med-bay....please....deactivate me."

"What?  Why?"

"This is my fault," the voice replied.  "I enabled this."

"What do you mean, Rika?"

"I have...a back door...like all IntelliBreeze units."

"If I recover...I can fix that," groaned Kikuta.

"I-If you do not?"

"Don't blame yourself...for what is beyond your control.  You never asked to have a back door.  It was built into you."

"If he doesn't recover from this, Rika, I'll fix it.  I may have been built as a combat android, but I can learn new things quickly," Steel promised as he gently lifted his creator into his arms.

"That is...kind of you," Rika said softly before dimming her light as the Echidna android left the room.

Gamma V

Back to top Go down

Post by MikeMurdock on Wed Feb 28, 2018 12:43 am

Bruno would be in his office doing an audio log recording everything that went down for how much he remembers. His focus is getting the information logged for command.

Chwa will enter the hospital room Amber is staying in with Guardian placed in a hornet body with the bombs removed.

'I really do not like this body Doctor. I feel like I'm useless to protect you.'

Chwa will look to guardian ' Noted, but for now I will have to look for parts later. So far the focus is with our red little friend here. ' The scientist will take a seat looking at XM.

'So tell me your story. Who made you? Why you are here? What's your purpose? Tell me as much as you can remember.'
MikeMurdock

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum