Hello user, SRN is now closed. Feel free to read anything you'd like, but you cannot post.
Thank you for being part of this community.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello user, SRN is now closed. Feel free to read anything you'd like, but you cannot post.
Thank you for being part of this community.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Endless Blaze

5 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Endless Blaze Empty Endless Blaze

Post by The Red Blur Fri Oct 20, 2017 10:00 pm

It had been about a week since that day. Since several robots were sent to Raito's home. They had barely scraped through, and yet, no one had any leads. Meanwhile, Ember had been crashing on Caen's couch as each day passed. 

"Morning," Ember said, greeting Caen as he walked out of his room, still in his pyjamas. He yawned, opening the fridge without a word. He took out a bottle of milk, placing it on the counter. Finally, he looked at Ember and sleepily said "good morning."

"Dad, you were up all night researching, again, weren't you?" The female hedgehog asked, sitting up on the coach and cocking her head slightly "you don't need to push yourself so hard. We've got time."
"Time that is better spent dealing with Alastor once and for all," Caen responded, frowning "I just can't believe it's been a week, and we've found nothing..."

Just then, as if on cue, the phone rang. Caen looked at Ember, just as Ember looked at Caen. He reached for the phone, picking it up from the receiver. "Hello?"
"Caen! Good news! We've managed to trace the scrap metal from those robots to a small scrap dealer on the outskirts of town!" A female fox spoke. Raito. She did it.
"You did what?!" He said, his eyes suddenly lighting up. Ember, upon seeing this, stood up, smiling. 
"I'm sending you the address, now, it's a small dealership, owned by one Titus Magnus."
"That can't be his real name," Caen retorted, to which Raito laughed. Soon enough, he had put the phone down, and had immediately went to get changed. Coming out in his usual attire of black gloves, crimson boots, and his blue coat, he nodded at Ember. Cinder, his chao companion, had finally awoken, and flew out of Caen's bedroom, landing on his shoulder. 

The chao crossed his arms, adamant on accompanying them. Caen laughed, lifting up a hand to let the red creature. "Ember... We're going to avert this future. I promise."
Ember, tears welling up in her eyes at her father's newfound determination, nodded. They both left the apartment, Caen locking it behind him. Soon, they were on the pavement, heading towards the city exit.

Last edited by The Red Blur on Wed Oct 25, 2017 11:52 am; edited 2 times in total
The Red Blur
The Red Blur
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Endless Blaze Empty Re: Endless Blaze

Post by Shrike Marine Fri Oct 20, 2017 10:24 pm

-Some one else had caught wind of what was going on what they were about to do and what kind of stakes were being thrown down, oh and of course he couldn't just pass by help his long time friend. Who ? Well known other then the soldier in green or Shrike as his name was.

He had come into recent contact with him a while ago, which he was more the ready to lend a hand, Shrike had left the recent small town he was over seeing to make his way to the city upon which Caen resided in.

The two went way back and was no doubt his most trusted ally, the two even went back to back fighting the Dark ones some time ago demonstrating that Caen was a tough nut himself, ever since then the two randomly met at the most convenient of times, when they needed to fight together against a common enemy. 

Once more they were going on an adventure, he was a little short on details but the urgency itself seemed to be fairly straight forward, so being the punctual fellow he was Shrike was right on time. 

How long he had actually been waiting was unknown but he was sitting, fully geared up and ready to go, weapon in hand and waving at the one as they were making their way to the city exit. 

He had been sitting against the back of a wall waiting for them, as they approached he stood up dusting off his green BDU pants looking over to Caen and Ember.-

"Well Caen here I am, I got the message so as soon as I did I made my way here. It's been a while again hey but here we are once more. 

Instead this time it ain't some random meet up in the middle of no where heh, anyway you seemed pretty...how do I put it impatient about this but I am guessing it has something to do with you know who. 

I'm ready to go when you are and this...this is your Daughter correct? "

-Shrike shifted his head to look upon her.-

"Hello miss I am Shrike..Shrike burn I'm a good friend of your father..."

-He ended with a confident nod of his head, as he extended his arm out to fist bump Caen.-
Shrike Marine
Shrike Marine
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by ChaoticBou Fri Oct 20, 2017 11:28 pm

"Cuz eventhough you're made of scrap metal, I love you with all my heart~" A cyan fox with double the tails was carrying scrap metal to the scrap dealer. He wasn't carrying a little bit of it. He was actually carrying a pile that was somewhat bigger than himself just above his head with his green glowing gauntlets as he was cheerfully singing a small song; clearly a strange sight.

"The rusty parts only make you prettier, it doesn't at all make you somewhat grittier~" Blatantly ignoring the passersby that looked weird at him, he arrived at the building. Stopped just in front of the enterance. He had never been here before. Usually mom and dad keep the stuff they take with, but this time they saw no advantage in loading everything up in a shed. And old helicopter engine, some blunt lemettes and other weapons, even a few motherboards were in there. He put the pile next to him just in front of the enterance to take a deep breath. Lifting something while singing is a pretty difficult feat. He pulled a hand through his hair, making the gauntlet disappear.

"Gotta love some heavy lifting from time to time I guess." He grinned at his own comment. He looked at the building. Curious. He had never been here before. Mom and dad told him to go to the standard scrap dealer, but this one was way more near his own house. The other scrap dealer already knew Bou. It was time to make some new friends here. He grabbed the pile of scrap back up again and stood just in front of the enterance door with the intent to walk inside.
ChaoticBou
ChaoticBou
Master Member
Master Member

https://soundcloud.com/boubka-the-fox

Back to top Go down

Post by ForevaYoung Sat Oct 21, 2017 7:49 am

There was a strange air that hung around. It was like it was trying to tell the world of things to come. It wasn't a cold chill, rather it was neither warm nor cold, which was slightly odd considering the time of the year meant for lower temperatures. 
This strange feeling didn't go unnoticed by the marroon furred female who was currently walking across the city to get home. She had been up all night working once again, and just wanted to get home to get a cup of warm, relaxing tea in her system. 

You know, before her work called her out again on another secret thing she wasn't allowed to talk about. 
This was her second day of no sleep. She was used to it though by now, and absentmindedly brushed her white tipped bangs out of her face as she waited for the streetlights to allow her to cross the road safely. She caught one of the coal black horns curling around from behind her ears and couldn't help but linger on it for but a moment. As she reached the other side of the road, her ears twitched at the sound of singing. 

The female raised an eyebrow to nobody in particular as she slowed her brisk pace along the pavement. Nobody in their right mind should be that happy in the morning. As she neared the singing more and more, she was convinced whomever was belting out the music was dellusional. The morning was time to be grumpy, and time to sleep in when possible. Not to be awake and be all joyful. 

At the sound of echoing, the female flicked her white undersided tail and looked to her left to see an opening. From what her blue eyes were telling her, this place was some sort of metal dumping ground or something. Figuring she looked a little stupid just standing in the doorway, the female cautiously, she made the move to walk in, only to almost bump into the very one who had been singing and caught her curiosity. All she could do was gasp in surprise. 

She must be sleep deprived, how could she miss a twin tailed cyan coloured fox walking towards her after all?
ForevaYoung
ForevaYoung
Master Member
Master Member

Back to top Go down

Post by The Red Blur Sat Oct 21, 2017 11:54 pm

Just as Caen and Ember were about to exit the centre of town, they both saw one particular man, resting against a wall. He appeared to be waiting for them, and this thought was confirmed by him pushing off of the wall and dusting off his pants. Raito, again, Caen assumed. She always knew the best course of action to take. 

"Shrike! Good to see you!" He said, happily greeting the marine by returning his fist bump. 

Ember bowed to the marine, speaking very politely "M-Mr. Shrike, it's a pleasure to finally speak to you off of the battlefield. Dad would always tell me stories of your times together," she said, smiling.

Caen, after finishing his greeting, straightened his face again, and began walking "Shrike, we have a potential lead on where Alastor is. A scrap dealership. It's a short walk away."

----

When either the maroon furred female, or the cyan furred male walked into the scrap dealership, they would find it to be pretty small, with shelves of, for lack of a better term, total crap on display. Broken microwaves, bits of piping, old car engines. Everything would probably be useful for someone, if they were quick enough to buy it before it gets melted down into god-knows-what. 

Sat at a small desk, with his feet up on the table, was a brown fox, with ginger hair highlighting most of his forehead. Pretty unassuming, were it not for the black eyepatch over his left eye. A small part of a scar poked out from underneath it. 

"Yeah, yeah, I should be able to get the goods by Monday," he said, playing with a toothpick, occasionally chewing on it, or scratching his teeth. "Uh-huh, yeah. And I should expect the payment by...? Yep." 
He placed the phone back down on the receiver, before noticing the door opening. "Oh! Customers!" He said, standing up and walking over to greet them. "Welcome to odds and ends, the best deals in town await!" He said, the words very clearly rehearsed over and over.
The Red Blur
The Red Blur
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Shrike Marine Sun Oct 22, 2017 12:11 am

-Shrike stretched a bit was he was met a good welcome by both Caen and Ember, he was a little curious about the stories might of been telling her about the adventures the two of them had been through.-

"Pleasure is all mind, I hope your dads story's didn't pay to much attention to all the clumsy mishaps that went along with out adventures, nothing every quite goes to plan heh."

-He jokingly remarked as he rubbed the back of his neck, Shrike still did wonder who the lady was, but perhaps he would learn that in the near future and further details come with that. 

The trio of them began to walk off, seems like it was game time now, all serious by the way Caen's changed rapidly, Shrike listen to the intel he had to spill, seemed like they had got a potential location for where he was hiding. Right now any leads were worth investigation if it meant a chance to take him down. 

Unlike the others he knew the bad outcome that would happen if they did not succeed, it was a grim one at that.-

"Sounds like some good luck finally cropped up, I guess we going there right now huh ? Well say we find him there...what are we going to do with him ? Hand him over to the police, deal with it our self or....put a end to him ?" 

-Shrike had the tendency to getting carried away, if he had his choice he would probably just take him out plain and easy, what was stopping him was possibly causing some damage to the different realities, he didn't fully understand the whole thing but he was not willing to cause more damage so he was simply going to follow Caen's direct orders about what to do.-
Shrike Marine
Shrike Marine
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by ChaoticBou Mon Oct 23, 2017 12:07 pm

(Ah I'm sorry... I made a whole post but it got deleted. I'll write it down somewhat more quick.)

As the fox walked inside, he almost bumped into the wolf that came in as well. He slightly moved away, but with that, the pile of metal started to wobble and the plane engine came loose. "Sh-"

The flow of time slowed down.

"i....okay good." The fox put down the rest of his scrap metal and pushed the wolf away carefully, readying himself to grab the engine.

The flow of time returned to normal.

As the plane engine fell down, the fox caught it with his gauntlets. "Sorry about that miss. I didn't want to startle you." He sensed something in the wolf. It wasn't quite chaos energy, but it kind of seemed like it. And there was lots of it flowing through her. It felt very strange. He had never felt something in someone else before. Not only that felt weird, but the fox also had a strange feeling of deja vu. It was as if they had met before, but he couldn't think of a time they had seen each other.

The fox suddenly realised he was just standing there, staring at the wall behind the wolf. He shook his head slightly. "So what's your intent of coming here? I don't see you with any scrap metal on you."

He grabbed the pile of junk metal from the ground again and walked over to the counter. "Yes I would like to sell you these fine pieces of metal sir!" He smiled brightly.
ChaoticBou
ChaoticBou
Master Member
Master Member

Back to top Go down

Post by ForevaYoung Mon Oct 23, 2017 5:10 pm

Woah. 
As soon as the dual appendaged male came into contact with her, she felt it too. 
What was that? It was like a burning power. Not unlike hrler own, but similar, more in control. It was very unusual to experience. There was a lot inside his being, but how was he able to maintain a stability? She couldn't see any form of suppressors on him from her angle of sight, so it confused her even more, making her absentmindedly play with a loose silver bracelet on her wrist. 

"I, uh..." For the first time, the canine wanted to speak, to ask questions and no doubt get some answers. But her voice wouldn't form words. "Yeah... Thanks..."
She focused her blue eyes on the same wall the fox guy had been eyeing up intently. "I, I heard singing... I thought whomever was so happy this early on must be crazy. Then I met you."

It was rather blunt, but that was kind of how she rolled. She wasn't saying his singing was bad, in fact it was rather pleasant. It was more the time. She watched closely as the cyan male picked up his rather large pile of metal and took it over to the counter for trading in. How could he go from serious to happy so quickly? It made her head tilt slightly in confusion. This man was unlike any other, that's for sure. 

But what was that feeling from before? It made her fur raise a little. Like they knew each other somehow. She shook her head, intending on making her way out of the gloomy garage like store. But her feet didn't want to move, not yet at least.
ForevaYoung
ForevaYoung
Master Member
Master Member

Back to top Go down

Post by The Red Blur Mon Oct 23, 2017 11:13 pm

Ember giggled at Shrike's statement, speaking in a cheerful tone "I can't say I've ever heard of Dad's 'clumsy mishaps'. I hope you can tell me all about them, sometime!" 

Caen looked back as he walked "I wouldn't call them 'mishaps', per sé," he said, before chuckling "though I do remember singing to try and distract a demon, before. In fact, that was the first night I met you, wasn't it?" 

The red hedgehog shook his head, returning his head to the more serious thoughts. "Still, I'm not going to take the risk of merely putting Alastor in jail, again. Rai has nearly died twice because of that decision. I'm afraid that what he has done calls for a more... Permanent solution."

----

Titus rubbed his hands together as the fox dumped the massive pile of scrap on the desk, his eyes scanning through everything. "Oh ho! Let's see here..." He started digging through, taking out the engine that had nearly crushed the red canine earlier "huh. This thing is pretty old. Should still be usable, with a little tender loving care," he commented, placing it to one side "so, how'd you get hold of all of this? Family doing a clear-out? Found it behind the couch?" He asked, grinning pleasantly. His smile dropped as two hedgehogs, and a man dressed in combat gear entered the shop.

---- 

"We're almost there," Caen said, noticed the small dealership along a dirt path. As he drew nearer, he recognised someone walking in. Someone he had only met once, the best part of a year ago. "That girl... What was her name, again? Tala?" He muttered.

Walking inside, Caen kept his serious expression. He held both of the double doors open as he walked. Ember followed closely behind, looking around at all the technology lining the walls.

"Welcome to Odds and Ends, and... Uh..." Titus hesitated as he looked over the new customers. "C-can I help you?" He asked, raising his eyebrow and smiling.
The Red Blur
The Red Blur
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Shrike Marine Tue Oct 24, 2017 9:34 am

-There were a few, the good times they had amidst some pretty tough battles, Shrike learned soon enough, you can't take every thing serious in life, gotta relax a little and enjoy the moments that come by. Perhaps when this all finally was dealt with he could tell at least some stories of them teaming up as for now they had a goal in mind a pretty important one at that. 

Strolling along Caen's remark of singing to a demon did make him remember of a time that brought the term " Desperate time calls for desperate measures" Singing to a demon to allow distraction is one hell of a mishap if that creature did not like singing at all, but heck it worked as Shrike thought about it now.-

" Heck if it meant anything I might of been persuaded in wearing a damn tutu to distract those things, I guess we were running out of options at that point heh." 

-Of course they went back to serious talk with in mere moments, as he had thought, push had come to shove, simply containing and arresting Alastor was no longer a option the threat level was way to high, his suggestion of a permanent solution was something Shrike was all to familiar with. In short...termination.- 

" I understand what needs to be done needs to be done, Let's find him and put a end to this once and for all." 

-As the trio came closer to the dealership location, Caen had spotted some one he faintly remembered, Shrike tried to see what he was seeing until he saw her, a crimson wolf, she indeed did look familiar, wondering if it was the same wolf he had crossed paths with a while back, back when he was trying to free captured Mobius from HRC.- 

" Oh man my memory is really bad but if that is who you say it is, I am gonna have to be careful."

-Upon entering the dealership the walls were scattered with technology of all kinds, and being the technology nut he was, kinda was glued to staring at the various pieces of tech, too bad here was not here to shop cause he would be leaving with a bag load of new items. 

Shrike glanced over at Titus, staring at him before looking back towards Caen.- 

"Well maybe you can...Caen?"

-He gestured for him to speak to Titus since he was more or less had the idea of how you wanted to approach this task.-
Shrike Marine
Shrike Marine
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by ChaoticBou Tue Oct 24, 2017 2:32 pm

"I thought I was optimistic! Didn't know that it's called crazy nowadays?" He grinned. Okay yes good. The wolf stood still and didn't walk away. He'd come back to her after this quick conversation with the man behind the counter.

The fox genuinly laughed at the man's joke. "Well I mean my parents just take with them what they see on the ground and then I have to clean up after them y'know." He said, fiddling with his emerald bracelet.

Before anything else could be said, a group of three walked into the store. The atmosphere changed drastically. The only thing that was kind of soothing was the same intro Titus said before, but somehow it didn't really seem like he meant it this time. Should he do it? Should he summon his gauntlets? Of course not. His impulsivity almost took a hold of him. Maybe Titus had some difficulty switching subject so soon, maybe there was a bit of rivalry there. There was a third party present though. The wolf.

"I'll...let them go first. They seem to be in a hurry." Now he was full-on holding his bracelet tightly, his eyes were glowing. He quickly walked over to the wolf. He felt the strange sensation again. Why did he feel so tense about this? This was supposed to be a casual stroll, but these three just had the most menacing vibe ever around them. Two hedgehogs looking very similar. He could sense that they had a special power. And a man. But not just a man. This guy was fully armoured. His deductions must be right. They were going to fight. And he'd do everything to keep the innocent safe.
ChaoticBou
ChaoticBou
Master Member
Master Member

Back to top Go down

Post by ForevaYoung Tue Oct 24, 2017 2:49 pm

The fox guy grinned, almost as if what she said was a compliment. His expression spurred on a small thought in her. She had to have known him, his expression was too familiar. 

Her maroon ears twitched when she heard other voices, prompting her to turn towards the doorway. Good, at least she now faced where she wanted to go at least. This day was confusing her and it was still only the morning. As soon as she spotted three figures in the doorway however, her heart jumped. Two of them we're extremely familiar. 

One, a red hedgehog, blue jacket billowing out behind him. His quills now protruding like others of his kind. And the taller, less common sight around. That human. How could she forget the very one who went again the nature of humans in general to free her? 

It had been too long. Their names were on the tip of her tongue. "C-caen? And uhh... Shrike?"
She mumbled the names lowly to herself. She wasn't sure if they heard her, but before she could comprehend what was going on, her feet were taking her over to them hesitantly. She glanced over at the cyan fox, the unusual energy still as present as ever.She wasn't sure if her face told him to follow her over, hell, she didn't even know him, why would he even do that? But for some weird reason, she didn't want to just abandon the guy suddenly.
ForevaYoung
ForevaYoung
Master Member
Master Member

Back to top Go down

Post by The Red Blur Tue Oct 24, 2017 9:57 pm

Caen looked up at Shrike, smiling a little at his response. It was weird how after all this time, the marine still had faith that the Caen knew what to say. He looked back at Titus across the room, before looking at the blue fox, who had walked away from the desk. "Thank you, sir, I'll be as quick as I can," he said, before walking up to the desk. 

"Yes, I'm looking for a man, who guys by the name 'Titus Magnus'. Would you be able to help me with that?" He asked, to which the eyepatch-clad fox gritted his teeth.
"That would be me... Who's asking?"
Caen held up his hands "I'm not looking to fight, I just need information. Scrap metal purchased and utilised by Alastor Flare has been traced back to this location. I'm just wondering if you could tell me where it's been shipped to."

Titus grinned, flashing white, sharp fangs "Heh. I'm afraid I have client confidentiality, unless you were, say, some kinda law enforcement." He pointed at Shrike "and I know your buddy there is using old G.U.N. armour, so he certainly ain't qualified."

Ember growled, slamming her fists on the desk "you can't do that! The world is at stake!" 
"Sorry, lady, no warrant, no info," Titus said, crossing his arms. Ember replied to this by standing up straight, tightening her hands into fists. 

Caen sighed, "what is it you want? Money?"
"Ooh, now we're talkin'. Cha. Ching. How much you got?" Titus said, leaning on the desk and grinning. 
"If you have anything that can lead me to him... You can make your price."

Titus pretended to think for a second, before rubbing his hands together "okay... Let's call it at, uh... One million rings."

((I... Just realised that Caen's Chao was supposed to be here as well, will remember to include him in my next post))
The Red Blur
The Red Blur
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Shrike Marine Tue Oct 24, 2017 10:21 pm

-Shrike saw this place had just about every thing, who ever was his supplier knew the good stuff indeed, some how even G.U.N tech was here, a little concerning of how it got here but at least it was more or less non lethal. 

He seemed to pace up and down the row of items checking every thing out, letting Caen do the talking in hopes of locating Alastor. He was not sure how much time they had left before more events would unfold but he did trust Caen had every thing under control at this point. 

He was not to far away from them easily with in hearing distance of what was going down between the two. When it came down to serious business Caen knew full well Shrike could become...rather extreme in a short space of time some times doing drastic things in a instant. 

During this he watched the Crimson wolf female slowly making her way in their direction, he remained fairly calm, thanks to his helmet he could see her but she wouldn't have a clue that that he was looking at her. If it was one thing he did remember of her...She did not like his kind at all...he would play it safe for now.

Titus was denying Caen intel, it was clear he knew of Alastors location but was refusing to hand it over. Ember made a fair point, the world was in danger and Titus was not being co-operative even going to the extend of insulting Shrikes armor for being "old". 

Yet he was willing to talk when the idea of cash was brought onto the table by Caen, these type of people would do any thing for cash even sell out their families if they had the choice. 

One million rings! Was he out of his mind that was the final straw for Shrike, the armored figure placed his hand onto the table looking at the fox himself.- 

" Now you listen here Titus, I have a fair bit of patience but Ember is right we have a serious situation was need to defuse...we could really need that information round about now...one million rings is overkill as far as I am concern...I think it would be more reasonable if you just told us where to find him...we will handle the rest."

-Shrike was being a bit forceful but at least he was not pointing guns at him forcing him to tell, yet he was getting rather impatient knowing that time was something they did not have.-
Shrike Marine
Shrike Marine
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by ChaoticBou Wed Oct 25, 2017 11:22 am

The story told by this conversation wasn't quite hard to follow. Apparently this little team wants to find 'Alastor'. He didn't know who this Alastor was. Nothing activated his memory with that name. With that, the fox didn't know who was the good guy and who was the bad guy. A fight was almost definitely going to take place here, but whose side should he choose? Titus is completely on his own here against three people. Still, Titus apparently was someone who could be bought out. That's not a great characteristic. On the other side however, was a probable old G.U.N. agent. A soldier even. Why did he leave G.U.N.? Was he fired for bad behaviour? Did he went rogue? Or did he leave because of the Nation's corruption? Bou's mind was constantly switching sides to the point where he just thought not to do anything at all.

But then he could see it. Ember. That lady. That fury in her yell. A sense of justive overwhelmed him. They were the right team to root for. Good. Now that he had a side he'd know when to engage. The crimson wolf seemed to walk over to them as well. Wow. Such manners. He was trying to protect her and now she just walks off. Bou slowly but surely walked towards them as well. The fox spoke in a quiet tone, hoping that only the wolf would hear it. "Do you know any of these people?" Then he looked over towards Ember. "I'm suggesting you are the good guys?"

Then suddenly, the marine man spoke up. Gosh was this guy intimidating. The fox couldn't help but to let out a quick. "WOAh..." Yes. This man was spooky. He never felt so afraid about a human before. Most of them were kind of distant to other mobians and otherwise they were warm and loving, this one seemed like the complete opposite. The fact that he couldn't see his face made it even worse.

Still, he would stand behind them if needed. His gut feeling told him he should stand there. He had never been to this scrap place before, and maybe this was the reason why. Did his parents know about this? Oh well. He would tell them afterwards.
ChaoticBou
ChaoticBou
Master Member
Master Member

Back to top Go down

Post by ForevaYoung Wed Oct 25, 2017 12:00 pm

Maroon ears twitched in interest at the mention of 'the world being at stake' from the female hedgehog, who, by the wolfs blue gaze bore an uncanny resemblance to the male hedgehog she vaguely remembered. A sister, or close cousin perhaps? He was too young to have a child almost the same age as him. 
Reaching the trio, the horned female noticed a small attatchment on Caen himself. Her curiosity took over for a moment as she ever so hesitantly reached a hand out in the direction of the lump. Before she could touch it however, it more ed, making a most unusual sound come from her. 

Yes, she squeaked. Just a little, mind you. 

"Ca... Caen?" She found the name coming out softly, then looking at the taller, armour clad human, yet not feeling the same sense of dread as she did around other humans. "Shrike?"

The girl turned to her company and simply nodded. She wasn't one to talk so much, but as told by her naming them, words weren't needed so much. The last time she met these two, she wasn't in the best place. Meeting Shrike, she had only just escaped the place she was forced to stay in, while with Caen, she only managed to find a small amount of freedom and was still incredibly wary of the outside world. Since then, she had mellowed out and accustomed herself to the ways of the city and it's inhabitants. 

"Huh... Risking your skins for the world again, are we?" She found a smirk growing on her face. Answering the fox's question, she softened her gaze and turned back to him while Caen spoke to the one now known as Titus. 
"They're a little less known, but these guys have done a lot for the world. Definitely on the side you want to be allied with in my book."
The rough tone that came out slightly muffled from Shrikes mouthpiece slightly surprised her. He was assertive, that was a given, but she didn't expect to hear him be so blunt and to the point, especially in a public place like this.She did have to agree though, one million was rather steep. 

"Hey, Titus... You're the owner of this establishment, correct?" She wasn't entirely sure, but maybe her standing with who she worked for may give the trio in front of her and the dual tailed fox guy a little leverage. 
ForevaYoung
ForevaYoung
Master Member
Master Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Valtiel Wed Oct 25, 2017 12:50 pm

By Valtiel's standards, her life has been relatively mundane as of late. Her reclusive behavior didn't help much, nor does the fact that she hardly keeps up with what's happening in the world outside of her own. Her life consisted of three things; fights, money, robots. It happened to be one of those days she dealt with all three.

After spending hours in-between underground arenas, smashing robots to bits for the amusement of the usual criminal element that handles those sorts of things, it was her payday. She was surprised that there was even an audience at the arenas at all on such a day, but her father always told her that the underground never slept, perhaps he was right.

With a duffle bag full of ill gotten cash and an extremely illegal robot, Valtiel didn't have a lot of good options when it came to robotic upgrades. Since most of her dealers were in extensive care, that meant she really only had one option left. The scrap dealer. The pawn shops of anything electronic.

"Well, Sectus. I guess it's time we see if they call the cops on us or not..." Valtiel commented to her knock-off E-Series robot, Sectus, as they stepped into the building. Sectus ran his usual security checks, readying his flamethrower to torch the place if it was needed. Sectus was a paranoid robot, to say the least. "Who's in charge here?" Valtiel shouted in her heavy Australian accent before even spending a single second to look for herself.

((Sorry it took so long, and that my message was sort of jumbled or whatever. It's been a while.))
Valtiel
Valtiel
Standard Member
Standard Member

Back to top Go down

Post by The Red Blur Wed Oct 25, 2017 2:24 pm

Caen didn't seem to react to Titus' overpricing of the information he needed. He appeared to be used to those willing to extort him. Maybe Titus knew of his wealthy background?

Shrike and Ember were both understandably angry. Ember was holding herself back from simply punching the smug fox right in his face. 

The other two customers in the shop had now stood next to the three, and Cinder, still standing on Caen's shoulder, had now decided to fly up above them, an angry look on his little face. 

Titus held up his hands, his smug grin not disappearing "look, kiddos, I gotta make my money somehow. Plus, I could get sued for giving you this information-"
"Alastor is a known criminal!" Ember shouted, her eyes seeming to burn with a certain intensity.
"Details, details," Titus replied, waving his hand.

He looked at Tala, who had finally decided to speak up "yeah, the owner, and the only worker. Scrap sells, after all... especially if I come across anything interesting. See, people come to me because I never refuse to sell certain things," he looked Shrike up and down "like that armour. I could pro'ly sell that for a decent profit."

Caen looked around him "all of you, stop. I'm not here to fight, as I said," he sighed again, looking at Titus "I can get your money, but I need the information now."

"Looks like your friend is the smart one, here," Titus said, looking towards Shrike "alright, you get the bank details sorted out, and I'll tell ya all I know."

"Dad, you can't give him that mu-" Ember complained, before being cut off by a loud, heavy accent. 

Titus' eyes lit up upon seeing the robot accompanying the newcomer. "Oh-ho! Jackpot!" He said, walking towards the robot, speaking rather quickly "that's an original E-series 'bot! And it still works! Miss, where did you even come by such a find?!" He coughed, straightening himself up and speaking with a little more dignity "U-um, I'm the owner of this fine dealership, can I ask what's brought you here? Lookin' to buy, or sell?"

Caen looked over at the group surrounding him, as Cinder had calmed down a little, and had landed back on the hedgehog's shoulder. "She has an Eggman machine? How would she even...?"
The Red Blur
The Red Blur
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Shrike Marine Wed Oct 25, 2017 2:50 pm

-It was starting to get mighty crowded in here, seems like new and similar comers were all gathering in this one spot because of the commotion they were causing. 

Shrike's patience was wearing thin, not that he had much to begin with but he tried his best to resort to non violence means when ever he could, but that could only go so far for so long.

Was he really going to fork out that kind of money to get the information, well I guess when the world is at stake some times you gotta do what you gotta do. Shrike threw his arms up at Titus, he was being really unreasonable at this point.

Shrike heard his name off to his left, and low and behold there she was Tala, he figured he never see her again after that rag tag rescue stunt he pulled a while ago that almost got himself killed, While letting Caen deal with Titus.

He was not the tallest of humans as they supposedly thought he was, he turned to look at her, Shrike looked worse for wear, his armor had been degrading, his cloths loosing much of its green color, his helmet visor had 2 cracks in it, She had looked fairly similar in his eyes tho it was dark that night and he couldn't see all that well. 

" Well I don't believe it...it is you, the girl who I helped escape from the facility, hell I thought that was the last time I would of seen you...glad to see you evaded and made it some where safe....

-He sighed.- 

" Still doing it..for what it is worth...takes a toll eventually, gonna slow down a bit before I burn myself out, however we got a pretty big issue on our hands right now...Caen can fill you in on the details."

-Shrike shifted his head to the light blue fox on the other side, this was a being he had never seen before but as with any new comer Shrike was open to meeting despite him looking like he was about to run a mile.-

" And you are ? Just because I got alot of gear and armor doesn't mean I am unfriendly..trust me I ain't gonna hurt you..just in a rush that is all."

-If this couldn't get any more interesting it was surely about it when suddenly a familiar voice boomed out from behind Shrike at the entrance of the dealership, Shrike thought that this was just a strange turn of events happening all at once, upon turning around it was indeed who he thought it was...it was Valtiel and Sectus, he had not seen her and him in a long time, still going strong with her new E100-

" Well blow me down, look who just walked in...if it isn't Valtiel and Sectus...been a long time you two.."

-Shrike said in a rather cheerful tone happy to see both of them. Caen's remark of how she attained a E 100 series machine caused a little nervous laughter to come out from Shrike upon rubbing the back of his neck he had to admit something.- 

" I uhh...um well I kinda helped her in acquiring this robot should I say...it's a really long story..heh." 

Last edited by Shrike Marine on Wed Oct 25, 2017 5:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Shrike Marine
Shrike Marine
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by ChaoticBou Wed Oct 25, 2017 5:30 pm

The words of the wolf reassured the fox that they were okay fellows, which felt strange. He didn't even know that woman. Still, her voice sounded true and safe. "People that have done a lot for the world are definitely nice guys!" The human had also noticed him. He told the fox not to worry too much about his aggressive behaviour just now. The fox himself was probably taller than the man was. "Well, that's good to hear! Looks may deceive so I won't judge you for it. The name's Boubka, but a lot of people like to call me Bou." He smiled.

Then, as if the day couldn't get any more vague, a woman barged into the scene. This one was accompanied by a robot. However it wasn't just some robot. This was an E-100 series. Using his quick thinking, the only thing she could be was someone working at a scrap metal place. Or an Eggman goon, which made it even worse. He summoned his gauntlets. A flash of green light made two big fists appear.

The man in gear however, welcomed her cheerfully. That's strange? He made the gauntlets disappear again. Great. That's some energy wasted. Luckily all this suspense gave him enough adrenaline to get back to his usual energy level in no time. That was the second loud female voice. He really digged the sentence though. Probably because of the accent. Bou has always had some interest in strange accents.

Titus was already hooked on a new customer. "Say, you really like switching customers do ya?" He crossed his arms. Then he looked over at Ember. That red guy and her really looked alike. Probably brother and sister, just like himself and Luka really looked like each other. "Miss? I think your brother has everything under control. You shouldn't be yelling so hard." Then he went over to whispering. "I don't think Titus likes yelling that much..." Hopefully he didn't upset her. That'd be nasty.
ChaoticBou
ChaoticBou
Master Member
Master Member

Back to top Go down

Post by ForevaYoung Thu Oct 26, 2017 12:40 am

The conversation was a little all over the place, at least from the horned females standing. For a small area like this, it sure brought in a lot of customers. Sure, she wasn't one, but it wasn't put past that there was obviously some shady dealings done in here every now and then. 

Before she went on to continue her comments towards Titus, Caen had basically silenced them all by agreeing. She couldn't help but raise a questioning eyebrow. Just like that? He would hand over a million, just for some second hand information? She couldn't help but shake her head. 

The rather loud announcement of another female joining in on this little group session caused blue eyes to snap over to the voice, and she stiffened a little at the sight of the robot. As soon as it happened, however, she relaxed once Shrike basically reassured them the bot was harmless.

Looking towards Boubka, she knew he and the two other females didn't know who she was. 
"...Tala. Pleased to meet you."

Her voice could probably be mistaken for disinterest, but in reality it was merely slight fatigue. She rubbed an eye as she perked her ears to continue to listen to the conversation. She was here now, might as well not be rude and just wander off unannounced.
ForevaYoung
ForevaYoung
Master Member
Master Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Valtiel Thu Oct 26, 2017 5:31 am

Valtiel finally took the time to scan the room for herself, her glowing blue eyes darting between each and every individual in the room, observing them and their movements carefully. Her eyes lingered on Shrike for several moments more than the rest of them, she even flashed him a faint smile, which faded rather quickly as her gaze turned to the approaching dealer. She knew she'd have to set down some ground rules right away. She was tired of people playing games with her and her money.

"Well, I ain't exactly going to sell an E-Series, especially when it helps me make such an entrance!" Valtiel gave the brown fox eyeing Sectus a devilish grin. "If we're goin' to do business, I gotta to make somethin' VERY clear." She spoke, stepping in between him and her E-Series bodyguard, wiping bits of metal shavings off of her blue and white track-suit.

"Ya look like a swindle, I'm just guessin' that's why ye only got one eye left." She paused to rudely flick his nose. "I don't like swindles. So I'll be gettin' that fifteen percent discount I just made up on all yer wares. Just for this visit. Who knows, if ya play nice, I might make ya rich the next time." Valtiel patted the duffle bag slung around her shoulders loaded with cash. "So do ya want to make some money?"

Sectus, knowing how terribly things usually ended up when his master tried to negotiate, stood fully alert. His single optic marking everyone in the shop, aside from Shrike, who he politely stopped his security procedure to greet. "Hello, Sire Shrike! It is a pleasure to focus optics on you once again!" The bot vocalized with the posh prestige of a butler.
Valtiel
Valtiel
Standard Member
Standard Member

Back to top Go down

Post by The Red Blur Thu Oct 26, 2017 7:22 pm

Caen raised an eyebrow, looking over at Shrike "well, as long as she doesn't work for Eggman, all should be fine," he said, before turning to Tala, smiling "nice to see you, Tala. I'm sorry for ignoring you, before, things have just been a bit... Hectic, this morning." He nodded, before looking upon the cyan fox, "well, Bou, I'm Caen, a friend of Tala and Shrike's. Nice to make your acquantaince." 

"A-and I'm Ember," the other hedgehog said, bowing her head slightly. The chao companion accompanying Caen also decided to pitch in, with a loud "chao chao!"

Caen chuckled, reaching up and putting gently patting the chao's head. "This is Cinder," he said, in a pleasant tone.

Meanwhile, Titus backed off holding his hands as the fox before him threatened him, demanding a discount. He laughed, standing up straight again, "I like your style, girl. You know what?" He looked over at Caen, grinning, "I'm comin' into a lotta money soon, so let's say I'll give ya a 20% discount. What do ya say?"

Caen gritted his teeth at the remark, biting his tongue to not say anything "that man irks me to no end," he muttered.
"Tell me about it," Ember said, glaring at the fox. 

Her glare shifted straight to Bou as soon as he had made that remark to her, her eye twitching a little "he's not my brother! L-look, it's really complicated..." She looked away, blushing "a-and I don't really yell all that much, I just... He's posing a threat, and... Well..." She looked down at her feet, kicking the ground lightly.
The Red Blur
The Red Blur
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Shrike Marine Thu Oct 26, 2017 10:14 pm

-Shrike leaned against the counter fairly relaxed and chilled out, not like his usual uptight self, for some reason he was feeling rather...chilled for a lack of a better term, despite the shouting and what not going on around him. 

Shrike looks over at Caen who was asking whether it was a threat or they had ties to Eggman, luckily for them no they were no ties to the empire or the good doctor himself.-

" Nah don't worry they not goons of the empire, Sectus here is not a legit E-100 but he is pretty damn close to the real thing..Long story short, we obtained it after a certain...dealer became a problem..a problem in the sense he was a jerk and eventually came down to threatening us...so with some convincing...and fear we manage to get Valtiel over there..a nice brand new robot...totally worth it."

-He said as he fist bumped the large E-100 robot like he had known him for a while, truth was they did know each other well.-

"Been a while Sectus I trust all is well with you and miss over there, seems to be going well by the looks of it."

-Seems Val had not changed a bit, still upfront and personal as before, talking her way to show she was no push over, something he picked up the first time he met her, that was a interesting day none the less. Seems her words shifted the mind of Titus a tad, his offer of 20% reduction although not amazingly better was a reduction none the less.- 

" You gotta do better then that Titus, I mean come on ..seriously this is one hell of a rip off, I could buy dozens of weapons for that price tag, and all it is a location we are after..this is getting ridiculous and not to mention time wasting."

-After speaking Shrike looked back over towards the Jackle wolf Valtiel for some time, just looking at her, hoping they could at least convince this Titus guy to lower the price further.-
Shrike Marine
Shrike Marine
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by ChaoticBou Fri Oct 27, 2017 11:17 am

Not her brother? Well then it was probably a niece or something. Well, or a female version from another dimension, or a child from the future, but probably a niece yes. "Nah it's understandable, I know how you feel, but it probably won't have any effect." Then nodded to the wolf called Tala. "Tala...Nice to meet you." That name...sparked something? He wasn't quite sure yet. His mind was still trying to figure out where he knew her from. Then over to Caen. "Right. It seems you're the leader of the bunch?"

The fox chuckled on the robot's analytic comment about his eyes, but not only because of that. It was also because he felt very uneasy about the situation they were in. Valtiel had completely destroyed the pressure that the group had on Titus. He nudged Caen with his elbow and whispered. "Dude, you have to pressure Titus now or he will run away with that deal, giving a chance for him to escape. If you want answers you can better get them now."

He then walked over to Shrike and said something similar. "Is this Valtiel helping us? Or is she just working for herself? I'm afraid we won't get any answers from Titus if we don't do something now. What do you think?" Bou looked a bit worried. He really wanted to know what was going on and he wanted to finish this awkward situation as soon as possible.
ChaoticBou
ChaoticBou
Master Member
Master Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next