Hello user, SRN is now closed. Feel free to read anything you'd like, but you cannot post.
Thank you for being part of this community.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello user, SRN is now closed. Feel free to read anything you'd like, but you cannot post.
Thank you for being part of this community.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Prelude Behind Bars

5 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

A Prelude Behind Bars - Page 4 Empty Re: A Prelude Behind Bars

Post by C.S.O. Thu Jun 08, 2017 10:37 pm

( OOC: Apologies for the double post.

I should have gotten back to this sooner, but my mind has been elsewhere. Sorry.

It's been over five days. Foreva, you can post now. Froshana, if you can post before she does, by all means. )

C.S.O.
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Froshana Thu Jun 08, 2017 11:52 pm

((Hahaha, C.S.O. knows why I haven't been able to post yet, work decided I wasn't allowed to have a life anymore. Sorry for the holdup.))

Felicia let out a yawn upon reaching the track. She noted that the other two wolves she was now vaguely familiar with had also gone in vaguely the same direction as she. If she was really honest, the idea of enduring more idle chitchat out here was decently unappealing at this point. But they seemed to go to do their own thing as well, which suited the feline just fine.

Before really reaching the track, the panther came to a stop. She raised both arms high up over her head, stretching onto her toes for a couple of moments to try and shake off the drowsiness of her previous nap. As she lowered her arms again, her paws moved to her hair, taking the elastic from her wrist and using it to pull back her ponytail again. With that done, she stepped onto the track and started a little jog, doing her best to avoid disturbing any others nearby as she moved along.

Granted, for someone who'd been doing her best to keep her head down stay out of trouble thus far, her eyes still wandered along the other inmates out here a fair bit, but never lingered on any one person for long enough to draw attention to herself. It was more of a casual scanning of the crowds for the time being.
Froshana
Froshana
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by ForevaYoung Sat Jun 10, 2017 3:28 am

'Hmm, what to do...'
The thought of running around a track in a jumpsuit that was too big for her wasn't exactly the most ideal thing to do, but the gym area seemed to have filled up rather quickly once they got outside. She spotted her cell mate a little ways away doing her own thing, and didn't want to be overstaying her welcome by approaching her outside of the cells. The other male wolf had proceeded to go on as well, which frankly didn't surprise her. But what he did afterwards made a smirk appear on her face. 

Shaking her head, she looked around. Would there possibly be a way to be out here and read? It was a decent day, and until she got her clothing to fit properly, any exercise wasn't on the cards without potential danger from tripping or something. She swished her thick tail around in thought as she opted to go over to sit by herself by a rather barren tree and watch the rest of the prisoners do their thing. 

When she got over to the quieter area, she sat down and began stretching her body, starting with her legs. The bunks weren't too uncomfortable, but they weren't the biggest in the world either. She felt the strain on them and couldn't help but grin at the feeling of relief from her legs getting some attention. 

'Man I could really go for a bit of training right now.'
ForevaYoung
ForevaYoung
Master Member
Master Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Dregan Mon Jun 12, 2017 2:30 am

((Ack, apologies for lack of response! Life has been kicking my ass a little recently.))

Aaah, no this was more like it! Whilst the salamander could at least occupy himself a little in his cell, he'd struggled to fully entertain himself - he imagined he'd be able to get a book or similar such in there to occupy that portion of his mind at some point. First he needed to learn how things ran here though... and for now, he was getting to observe the activities that the prison had on display!

There were a few things here that appealed to him. The track - as the others had headed out towards - certainly seemed appealing. Whilst evidently he'd been working out, there was nothing better than a bit of practical excercise to nail down technique. Keeping in-shape was more than just a matter of physique.
On the other hand there was the basketball. Now THAT looked like it could be real fun! The salamander was the competitive sort, and lacked the self-conciousness to prevent himself from getting thoroughly involved with the group of relative strangers.

Still, something caught his eye as he considered his options. Or rather... someone...
Felicia seemed rather content to stick to herself - it was quite evident she'd made the move to depart from the others, and was now taking the time to have a little solo jog around the area.
Well... it wouldn't stay solo for long.

Rolling down the top of his jumpsuit once more, Raphael tied it at the waist before taking to the track. Moving to keep face with his fellow inmate, he spoke up;
"So. How long are you expected to be in for?"
Well... that was a very specific and direct question.
Dregan
Dregan
Hero
Hero

http://barred.smackjeeves.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by C.S.O. Tue Jun 13, 2017 1:48 am

Once he had finished his round of warm ups and loosened up his muscles sufficiently, Albert takes in a long and slow breath as he stands there. After a few more moments, he begins to move, altering his positioning and posture to adopt a different stance.A moment after doing so, he begins another transition into another stance. After transitioning through about half a dozen stances, Albert adopts his starting position once again. He then takes in another breath, releases it and starts over again.

Several other prisoners stare out at Albert for a few moments, then return to what they had been doing. An even smaller number of prisoners make their way over to where Albert is and a couple of them take a position near him and follow suit with him.

( OOC: Now, I've been toying with an idea for a little while. I was thinking that while our characters are out in this more open environment and we may have ideas of things we want to do to progress our own narratives and stories, that we relax the posting order. This would allow back and forth between characters without waiting for others not involved or let someone do their own thing between everyone else's posts as often as they'd like. How does that sound? )

C.S.O.
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Froshana Thu Jun 15, 2017 4:25 am

((I think that sounds good. If I can get my laptop back soon, I'll be posting faster again, I hope.))

Felicia found the outside air to be plenty refreshing after the various fragrances experienced throughout the day of being herded about with other inmates. No part of her was particularly eager to be cooped up inside again. In fact, she wondered how exactly the prison staff would get the groups of inmates sorted and sent back to their respective cells in any orderly manner without just calling them one at a time...

The panther was just settling into a comfortable pace for her jog and going over these considerations when her ears turned at the sound of footsteps approaching. She expected whoever it was to just run on by and kept her gaze off on the rest of the crowds, only for a voice to draw her attention over to the salamander who had joined her and promptly put forth a question. For just a moment, the feline appeared mildly surprised at being approached. Then again, recognizing who it was, it wasn't so unexpected.

"Can't resist trying to get my dirt too, huh?" she replied, sounding almost smug in her comment as a hint of a smirk played across her muzzle.

Felicia let out an amused breath, glancing back in the direction she'd been looking a moment earlier. Nothing seemed to hold her attention there and so she returned her gaze back to Raphael. It was really the first up-close look she'd gotten at the amphibian since their arrival and she made no attempt to hide that she was glancing over his markings as she started to reply to his query.

"Well, I'd say it's... liable to change over time. They did try to give me a big scary number of years," she gave a rather sarcastic finger-wiggling gesture at the mention of said years, "but a couple of deals and my excellent behavior should cut some of that off in due time." The gesture ended in a short, dismissive waving of one paw.

The big cat tipped her head to one side "You, on the other hand, made it sound like you'll be able to peace out whenever you get bored in here," she commented, steering the subject away from herself, "Got a plan ready, hm?"
Froshana
Froshana
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by ForevaYoung Fri Jun 16, 2017 5:59 am

Contary to the current predicament, things were... Actually rather pleasant. At least from where Tala was sitting. 

It may be because she was sitting partially underneath a tree, or just because everyone else was actually in another's company whilst she preferred to be a 'lone wolf', pardon the pun, but watching all of the other inmates do their own thing without so much as a whisper of insults or typical criminal activity brought a new sense if calm around her. 

Baby blue eyes closed slowly as their owner folded her legs into a basket shape before straightening her back and holding her hands out slightly in front of her as she began to regulate her breathing into deep, steady inhales and exhales. The air was clean, and there was nothing major going on. This was perfect. She could stay like this all day if she really wanted to. 

'Maybe things here won't be so bad. Now... Time to get these thoughts in the right direction... Who am I..' 

Trailing off into silence, Tala began to fall into tune with everything going on around her without actually 'seeing' anything. It was as if her senses were temporarily heightened, and her energy levels were on the rise. It felt good to be in the quiet.
ForevaYoung
ForevaYoung
Master Member
Master Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Dregan Tue Jun 20, 2017 2:49 pm

((Personally good for it, though, uh, obviously I've not been as active as I should be here, which I apologise for. I unfortunately will be absent for about a week starting tomorrow - but when back will try and get into the flow. Will take Raph aside for a bit so you guys can go with the more fast-and-loose whilst I'm away!))

The salamander couldn't help but grin a little at the response. He was pretty certain this was already the most he'd heard from Felicia since they'd both arrived. Perhaps she was a little less curt with others on a one-to-one basis?
"Oh, less trying to get dirt," he chuckled a little at the remark, "More trying to drum some sociability from you. Becaaauuuse you can be as quiet as you want for now, try to keep to yourself, not make friends, all that. But if you ARE gonna be here a scary number of years, weeell..." he glanced to the side, overlooking many of the other prisoners around, "...You're gonna have to open up and talk to people at some point. Hard to sit in the corner unnoticed and not talk to anyone for years at a time. You'll drive yourself mad."

Okay, maybe 'driven mad' would be an exaggeration. But in Raphael's mind, in a place like this, it was important to have friends. However much Felicia thought she might sink into the background, being too much of a loner would instead make you stand out as the one person who's by themselves.
And well... it was dangerous to be by yourself in a place like this. People like to take advantage...

"Oh, and me?" the aristocrat finally spoke up again, "I always have a plan! After all, why would I hand myself in if I didn't?" he gave a huge grin, bright teeth poking out between dark lips, "Of course, there's a chance it will fail. But to me, well... that makes it all the more exciting!" he clapped his hands, "I'm going to have fun!"
Aaand without allowing any further questions on what he was even talking about, he sped up - taking a path slightly away from Felicia as he began to charge his way around the track. Well... he certainly seemed willing to push himself.
Dregan
Dregan
Hero
Hero

http://barred.smackjeeves.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by C.S.O. Sun Jun 25, 2017 1:14 am

Albert and the few other prisoners continue to perform their almost synchronized routine together. It seemed quite interesting to see this group of dissimilar individuals performing these movements together, but the general lack of interest in them from others seemed to suggest that this was something of a regular occurrence.

Albert takes the opportunity of performing these movements to look around and observe other inmates throughout the yard as they go about their business. He's not looking for anything specific, rather just watching for anything noteworthy, or any immediate dangers to or from the newcomers here.

( OOC: Okay, since there seems to be some interest in doing so, we'll relax the posting order for the time being.

So, free for all posting begins here! )

C.S.O.
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Froshana Sun Jul 02, 2017 9:32 am

((Sorry for a late response again, only just recently got my laptop back. Hoping to get more active again!))

Felicia listened to the salamander's reasoning, though some skepticism showed across her features as he seemed to try and convince her that she should socialize with other criminals people instead of trying to isolate herself. Just briefly, the edges of her mouth twitched up a little as she momentarily imagined the social butterfly trapped in solitary with only himself to talk to...

Granted, he had something of a point. Not that she would admit it, of course. And before she could have had she wanted to, he was talking again, this time about his supposed plan. The panther's eyes squinted slightly with curiosity at his words, but he was already breaking into a faster run to get on ahead. For just a second, impulse kicked in and the feline had a powerful urge to pick up her pace just to try and show him up. It showed in the narrowing of her pupils and her ears perking up and forward, but that was likely to go unnoticed by anyone out of speaking distance. She kept herself in check, however, remaining at her easy jog. She was a lazy big cat, after all, not some speedy predator.

With Raphael having taken off down the track, Felicia's attention went back to observing more of the others out in the yard as she ran. She did spot her cellmate comfortably settled underneath... a tree? The fact that a tree was left within the yard perimeter came as a surprise to the feline. After all, imagine what weapons inmates could make even from a short stick or piece of bark? She found herself wondering just how relaxed some of the security might have been here after all.

Her activity, however, was kicking up her body heat, not at all helped by the dark coloration of her fur that was exposed to the sunlight. After only jogging for about a minute, she moved off the track and slowed to a stop, then took several moments to open up her jumpsuit and tie the sleeves around her hips. She was glad she'd at least been given a simple sports bra and a white sleeveless shirt to maintain her modesty when trying to cool off. It did feel nice to get her arms out of the baggy garment and into the fresh, outdoor air.

With her arms out in the open now, along with being out in the sun, one might finally be able to confirm a lack of ghost striping in her fur. She was indeed just completely and solidly black-furred. She was also in good physical shape, at least along her upper half, taking good care of keeping in shape without becoming overly muscled or too thin. The panther let out a breath, giving her arms another brief stretch before starting onto the track again.
Froshana
Froshana
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by ForevaYoung Mon Jul 03, 2017 11:24 pm

Every now and then a word or two floated it's way over to Talas current seating place. Not that she could make out an entire sentence from the fellow inmates who were having a pleasant conversation. It was, in a way almost as if she was sitting amongst classmates in a playground more than criminals in a prison. 

Tail twitching slightly, and deep but silent breathing in complete sync, Tala felt the suns rays reach her scarlet fur, earning a gentle warmth to begin to cover her small body. 
She opened her eyes slightly to look over in the direction of where the bright ball of fire was, right past the tree's trunk which itself was on the opposite side of the perimeter. By the looks of it, the tree had been left rather out of place as it was alone, and clearly the branches were overgrown to even make them over and into the grounds. There were no leaves on it, so it looked rather sad and lonely. 

With the sunlight blinding the red canine, Tala turned around again to give another once over to the groups that were splattered around the plain ground. She spotted Raphael jogging off and away from her cell mate, then Felicia herself began stripping off the top half of her jumpsuit to breathe a little. She had to admit, the heat was increasing slightly, making little beads of sweat form on her forehead. 

Tala spotted the other wolf male in the distance casually looking over the group as a whole. He obviously had more of a way to get around in here due to being here longer. Still, it was a little unnerving to be getting an eye kept on her but she knew that she too, was kind of doing something similar. 
She shook her head with a smirk before focusing again and closing her sapphire eyes. Another ten minutes or so and then she may go off to see if there was the possibility of finding a library or something. 

If they were allowed to roam the inside of the prison that is.
ForevaYoung
ForevaYoung
Master Member
Master Member

Back to top Go down

Post by C.S.O. Sat Jul 15, 2017 4:27 pm

Time passes as everyone carries on with their activities out in the yard. Most of the prisoners continue to use this time to workout more than they were able to or was convenient for them in their cells. There were several clusters of prisoners that seemed content to just stand around with one another, presumably discussing matters of importance to them.

Albert took all this in while he and his surrounding group continued their own exercises.

After about fifteen minutes of this activity, Albert decided he'd take a break from doing. He glanced around at the small group who'd been following along, nods to them, and then steps away from them. At that point, one of the remaining members in the group shifts to the front of them and takes the lead for the rest to follow.

Albert starts walking away, making some more quick observations of the yard. He sees that one of the new arrivals was sitting near the lone tree in the yard. The wolf there actually seemed to be in an area of the yard that had a low number of inmates around it, so he decided that general area might be a good place to relax for a little while.

He pauses in his walking over there to let some other people run past on their circuit of the yard. Once the path was clear, Albert continues on his way, heading towards the red wolf, but not directly to her. He looked as though he'd pass by her on the way to somewhere beyond her.

( OOC: Apologies for letting this sit for so long. I haven't had much in terms of ideas here. I was kinda hoping with a relaxed posting order that someone else might have had some inspiration. Smile Anyway, I'll try to be more present in the future. )

C.S.O.
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Froshana Fri Jul 21, 2017 3:25 am

Felicia was plenty content to continue her jog. It felt good to move around and get her blood pumping again, even if she wasn't looking to move too quickly. And throughout this, those silver eyes continued to scan the rest of the inmates. There were many people here and plenty of faces to see.

At some point, however, her eyes stopped wandering and seemed to lock on to one small group of female prisoners all standing together and chatting. The panther didn't bat an eye or give any indication of what drew her attention, but her gaze did linger on the group for several moments until she was passing too close to continue being inconspicuous.

Felicia kept moving along, shifting her gaze out in front of her now. She wasn't quite as attentive to the crowds now, looking more thoughtful instead. The feline picked up her pace a bit shortly after, wanting to make sure she got rid of enough energy before they were locked up again.
Froshana
Froshana
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by ForevaYoung Mon Jul 24, 2017 12:00 am

'I'm whoever I want. I am free...soaring through the sky...'

The thought process ended right about there as Talas blue eyes opened once again. She felt a million times better thanks to the meditation. She unfolded her legs and stood up slowly and cautiously to male sure she wasn't overcome with a wave of dizziness from getting up too fast. 
Once she was safely on her feet, she stretched out her legs by rolling her weight onto her toes, also making her tail lengthen outwards to maintain her balance. The Maroon female pulled her arms upwards as she glanced over to the groups of inmates, to see Albert now actually making his way in her general direction. 

Surely he wasn't actually coming over to see her personally? Yeah, it was just quieter over here. What with the area only housing a smaller number of criminals who wanted a little bit of peace and quiet, or maybe just for the sake of getting away from some others who may be making their stay here less than what it already was. 

The outcasts of the criminal world perhaps? 

Tala found herself pouting slightly as she looked over to the doorway that they all walked in. Two guards were posted at the door. That most likely meant those out here couldn't go back in. Unless perhaps they could be let in to use the bathroom or for medical attention. 

A plan started to form in the short females head. She could pretend to need to use the bathroom to get inside and possibly explore, therefore getting out of the increasing heat and possibly finding a place of sanctuary with some reading material as well. 

If she could get in that is. She hoped it wouldn't be too difficult. That, or she could always just ask to go inside, whichever worked best and all that. 

The red canine began slowly walking back towards the middle of the grounds, on her way most likely passing the other wolf, acknowledging him with a simple nod.
ForevaYoung
ForevaYoung
Master Member
Master Member

Back to top Go down

Post by C.S.O. Sun Jul 30, 2017 12:33 am

Albert sees the red wolf stand up and glance around, with her gaze eventually settling on the yard's entrance back into the prison. As the two of the draw close, walking in different directions, he sees her nod to him. He nods back to her and then speaks, doing so just loud enough for her to hear.

"There's no way back in. You'll just have to wait with the rest of us." he says.

With that, he moves on past her and beyond the tree she'd been sitting next to. He heads over to the wall of the prison cell block that made up one side of the yard picking out a spot with a lot of unoccupied space on either side. He turns and leans back against it, figuring this would be a good spot to wait out the rest of his time before they were sent back inside.

C.S.O.
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum