Hello user, SRN is now closed. Feel free to read anything you'd like, but you cannot post.
Thank you for being part of this community.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello user, SRN is now closed. Feel free to read anything you'd like, but you cannot post.
Thank you for being part of this community.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Old Newbie

+2
Sea Bunny
Veteranoftheconsolewars
6 posters

Go down

Old Newbie Empty Old Newbie

Post by Veteranoftheconsolewars Mon Feb 27, 2017 12:58 am

Ahhh, youth. I recall my fleeting days of teenager-dom when I first roleplayed as a recolored sonic character who thought he could never lose in any battle... Who wielded power beyond the approach of any mortal mobian! If anyone tried to challenge him in combat, I'd stop at nothing to make sure he won with more forms and powers than Goku and Naruto combined!

Well it's been more than a decade since I've registered for a board like this. I'm unemployed, I've got way too much time on my hands, and I'm bored. I'm WAY more fond of tabletop roleplaying and websites like R20 and systems like Dungeons and Dragons or Pathfinder when it comes to RP, but I think I can make due. Despite my preferences, the stigmatism attached to Sonic characters and Sonic the Hedgehog in general constantly being thrown around by most meme spewing casuals of the internet, and my overall autistic nature often encouraging me to give up on just about everything I try, I'm going to at least dip my toes into the water and see if I can enjoy and stick to Sonic RP. 

Let's see, things about me...
Well, my favorite character in the Sonic franchise is Tails, my favorite game in the sonic franchise is Spinball, and I feel like the worst game in the history of Sonic games is Sonic Chronicles for the DS. Aaaaaaand I'm a liberal democrat, a volunteer at the local pet shelter, a brony, a huge fan of steven universe, and a furry... But not the fur-suit kind of furry, just the roleplaying kind. None of that here, though, here I'm going to be playing as my own original sonic characters!

Anyways, here's to hoping I don't screw anything up in the near future around here. Cheers!
Veteranoftheconsolewars
Veteranoftheconsolewars
Basic Member
Basic Member

Back to top Go down

Old Newbie Empty Re: Old Newbie

Post by Sea Bunny Mon Feb 27, 2017 2:04 am

Hello, Mr. Vet! Welcome to SRN!

We've all made some pretty... cool Sonic characters at some point. I mean, my first character was a blue Tails with one tail who had the mechanical wits of the one whose appearance he copied off of, the speed of Sonic the Hedgehog, the power of chaos energy, like Shadow, and on top of that, he was a GUN agent. Fun times.

It's been a while since I've been able to play tabletop games, like DnD, likely because I have no real life friends that share that interest. Of course, tabletop roleplaying and forum roleplaying share quite a few similarities as well as differences, but you might come to enjoy RP on here. 

I hope you do enjoy your time here, and I hope to see you around!
Sea Bunny
Sea Bunny

Back to top Go down

Post by Electrisa Mon Feb 27, 2017 5:18 pm

WHO SURVIVED
SOMEBODY NEW?

HELLO NEWBIE I'm Elec! One of the admins, who's been.. very.. busy.. with school recently!. Still, nice to meet you! And I assure you, you can meet people here who fit both the description from your first paragraph AND the second 8D
I hope you'll find stuff to do here, and if you need any help, though I don't think you will, don't hesitate to ask people!
Hope you have fun here x3
Electrisa
Electrisa
Master Member
Master Member

http://electrisa.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Veteranoftheconsolewars Mon Feb 27, 2017 8:41 pm

Oh joy. xD I will attempt to... mingle with the power gamers and RP newbies alike and remind myself exactly where my roots were. No matter how far along the way I've come, I need to tell myself to be patient and embrace all walks of life, even if they reign from the far forgotten depths of Sonichu. I'll be on my best and most tolerant behavior.
Veteranoftheconsolewars
Veteranoftheconsolewars
Basic Member
Basic Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Dregan Wed Mar 01, 2017 5:12 pm

Well now, that's hell of an intro a-welcome to the forum! There's probably quite a range of RPers here - from newer people up to those who've been doing it for years and years - I think you'll find it easy enough to slot in!
Also, Spinball is an interesting choice for a favourite game! I remember playing that one a lot and loving it - was very unique but very fun. (Albeit, also very nightmarish with some of the boss noises when you hit them.)

Oh, and yes, of course, welcome to the forum! Hope you enjoy your time here! If you need anything, as Elec says, feel free to hit us up!
Dregan
Dregan
Hero
Hero

http://barred.smackjeeves.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Veteranoftheconsolewars Wed Mar 01, 2017 10:15 pm

Dregan wrote:
Also, Spinball is an interesting choice for a favourite game! I remember playing that one a lot and loving it - was very unique but very fun. (Albeit, also very nightmarish with some of the boss noises when you hit them.)
It really is my favorite sonic game, with Sonic Rush being a close second and Mean Bean Machine being a distant third... Although the final boss battle in Sonic Rush made me feel uncomfortable with its... questionable lyrics. Still, I measure all those games based on how much fun I had with them, and while I still think Sonic Chronicles is an abomination that needs to be stricken from the history records for its poor mechanics and basement-bottom-line storytelling, I'm still hopeful for a decent Sonic RPG in the future. One made by actual Japanese programmers and not some canadian offshoot that's better off making Bioshock games than Sonic games.
But that's neither here nor there, I'm here to roleplay, and I'm sure I can find plenty of interesting scenarios to fit into.
Veteranoftheconsolewars
Veteranoftheconsolewars
Basic Member
Basic Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Spekkal Sat Mar 04, 2017 3:26 pm

Well hello! Gotta say, that's a rockin' intro you have there! After having seen some of your posts about, your writing is utterly captivating, and I'm really hoping to see more of it!
Spekkal
Spekkal
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by The Red Blur Sat Mar 04, 2017 6:06 pm

Welcome to the forum, vet! I'm red, a... Relatively experienced member (nearly a year, woo!) and, after reading some of your writing, I definitely agree with Spekkal! Funny thing, though, I actually love chronicles (probably due to it being my first rpg ever, but y'know), although I can see why you hate it. Spinball is an interesting one, though. I guess it's a bit like marmite, in a way. Either way, I would love to rp with you in the future, even if my writing makes me come across as an ignorant freak next to yours! Razz

Oh, and don't worry about your old character... We've all had phases like that. Hell, the old version of my main OC went by my own name, and had control over all fire, telekinesis, swords, guns, and, to top it all off, he was a Sonic recolour *shudders*
~Red

Last edited by The Red Blur on Sat Mar 04, 2017 6:09 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : fixed a rather silly lost slab of meat (a missed-steak))
The Red Blur
The Red Blur
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Veteranoftheconsolewars Sat Mar 04, 2017 9:34 pm

xD Oh believe me. The writing for Sonic RPG can go fly up the nearest BioWare employee's butt. "Oh we're the EVIL echidnas! You know, the REALLY evil ones, not the ones that were so caught up in their own hubris that they unleashed the creature known as CHAOS upon the world, but we're still REALLY evil, and we got banished for being so evil!"
THE ENTIRE POINT WAS THAT THE ECHIDNAS FROM SONIC ADVENTURE WERE POWER HUNGRY IDIOTS THAT ABUSED THE POWER OF THE CHAOS EMERALD HOW IS THERE AN EVIL CLAN ARRRRGGGGGHHH

*coughs*
But I'm glad everyone's excited to see what I've got! Believe me, if I can be this passionate about other people's writing, you can bet that I'll be doing my best to get creative with my own writing around here.
Veteranoftheconsolewars
Veteranoftheconsolewars
Basic Member
Basic Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down