Stoking the Fire

Page 4 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Stoking the Fire

Post by ForevaYoung on Sat Jan 07, 2017 4:56 pm

Yukiko frowned at Flo for saying he dragged her into things. It wasn't anyone's intention to do anything in the first place and she believed it to be fate that brought them together. "I don't want to cause a stir up here, b-but don't you think there is a reason why you dropped your wallets in the first place? We were to meet up."

She once again looked down sheepishly at her drink as her ears lowered slightly. Realising now she had been incorrect with Canes uncles abilities made her feel a little foolish for even bringing it up in the first place, but moving and bending metal sounded a lot more dangerous. 
"I know we haven't known each other for a long time, but I cannot just sit around in here while something could be going badly wrong with you!"


The louder voice wasn't intended, and she quickly placed a horrified hand over her mouth in response to her outburst. She closed her eyes and sighed as she stood up and started pacing a little around the room as a whole to calm down. She was getting antsy about things.

"Mr. Caen, you can't go alone. Even if you can appear to be alone while you meet up with the recipient of your letter, can't myself and Mr. Flo maybe fall back and be some form of back up for you if things do indeed go wrong? I...I may not look or act it, but I do have some training behind me that could help out, not to mention my abilities, and I'm sure Mr. Flo can handle himself also if you require it."

Yukiko stopped pacing and stood still for a moment to regain herself. It wasn't every day that she offered to potentially go into what could end up as a fight for someone she barely knew after all. But something was driving her, telling her to not let it rest with him facing things alone. She refused to just stand down when someone needed help, and hoped that Flo would be the same. Unless he was too tired of course considering he hadn't slept since he finished his work. Then she would empathise with the silver chinchilla as he already would be at a slight disadvantage for being tired.


Last edited by ForevaYoung on Fri Jan 13, 2017 12:08 am; edited 1 time in total
avatar
ForevaYoung
Expert Member
Expert Member

Posts : 460
Join date : 2016-06-04
Age : 25
Location : Scotland

Back to top Go down

Re: Stoking the Fire

Post by Xaelvik on Sun Jan 08, 2017 2:33 am

((Hey ForevaYoung, I just have to ask, did you name your character after the Persona 4 character? Or is it just a coincidence? She even reminds me a bit of her.))

Flo listened attentively as Yukiko gave her opinion, on how that it was fate that had brought the three together. Flo had never even considered this, but he really liked the idea. And it made sense to him, given the incredible set of circumstances surrounding their meeting. After considering it for a moment, Flo finally replied to Yukiko. "You know, it's crazy, and it's certainly not something any of us can prove, but it sure would make sense. The way we all met today was...insane."

When Caen explained the powers his uncle possessed, it caused Flo to become even more concerned. Flo wasn't sure how much help he would even be against such a formidable foe, but he was determined to go with Caen and help in any way he could, if the need arose. 

When Caen again kindly rejected their offer of aid, Flo sighed and looked down at the floor feeling dejected and at a loss of what to do next. Before he could make a decision, Yukiko began to express her opinion, with a shocking amount of zeal, taking Flo completely off guard. Flo couldn't help but smile in relief as she continued. Flo never would have expected this reaction from Yukiko. Everything she said was true. Flo really admired her courage and candor. This was no time for soft words or modesty. Caen's life was at stake. 

After Yukiko had finished, encourage by her example, Flo spoke up. "I can definitely handle myself, don't worry about me," he said in response to Yukiko before turning back to Caen. "She's right. I know you don't want anyone to get hurt, but with all three of us, there's a much better chance that no one will. We can come up with a plan. Like Yukiko said, we could hide out while you scope it out. If it does turn out to be your uncle, we might even be able to manage it where he doesn't have to get hurt, if we plan this out. Come on, Caen! You got to listen to us!"


Flo couldn't be sure how Caen would react to their interference, but Flo knew they had to try. It would be selfish and callous to let Caen walk into a deadly situation alone, because Flo was afraid he might offend him with words. 
avatar
Xaelvik
Basic Member
Basic Member

Posts : 35
Join date : 2016-07-01
Age : 28
Location : South Carolina

Back to top Go down

Re: Stoking the Fire

Post by The Red Blur on Mon Jan 09, 2017 12:32 am

The hedgehog placed his drink down on the coffee table between the trio, and crossed his arms. He leaned against the wall, closing his eyes "fate. I can't say I'm a believer," he said, before opening his eyes back up and looking over at Flo, then at Yukiko "still, the way we have all been brought together today, it's... No mere coincidence, I can agree with that."

Yukiko had begun to raise her voice, easily noting her worry to all in the room. The hedgehog stared at the snow leopard for a few seconds, wide-eyed and silent. He looked down at the ground "y-you're right. Going alone would be damn near suicide if I was to go alone..." He held up a hand to his forehead, using his fingertips to lightly rub his forehead. "but... It's just... If you were to end up hurt... I'm not sure I could forgive myself." He sighed, standing up straight again "which is why you are both to stay as close as possible to me. If you're gonna be my backup, I'm gonna be yours." He smiled over at Yukiko "you got that?" He asked, now looking at Flo.

_________________
To right the countless wrongs of our day, we shine this light of true redemption. That this place may become as paradise. What a wonderful world such would be.

Amazing art of Caen done by the equally amazing Uncanny Illustrator!
avatar
The Red Blur
Hero
Hero

Posts : 1064
Join date : 2016-05-02
Age : 18
Location : stumbling through the cosmos...

Back to top Go down

Re: Stoking the Fire

Post by ForevaYoung on Mon Jan 09, 2017 10:06 am

((To be honest Xaelvik, I've actually never played Persona at all so have no clue. Just a happy coincidence? Lol)) 

A relieved smile found it's way onto Yukikos worried face, easing her worry away, even if it was just a little bit. He listened to reason finally. Naturally she understood that being put in a place like was he would be stubborn to not get someone else hurt, but they could be just as stubborn, and it thankfully paid off. 

Yukiko finished her tea and set her cup onto the table before standing up to go back into the kitchen. "I'm glad you won't be alone in this, Mr. Caen. Now, seeing as we will be going together I think it best if we get fuelled up for the journey, right?" She disappeared for a moment to return holding an apron of sorts in her hand. "Shall we have something to eat before we go?"

It wouldn't be anything too fancy, but even she knew better than to go out for any length of time with an empty stomach, and they could potentially be more active than normal out there too. "Even just a sandwich or something quick would keep us going?" An almost motherly smile was directed towards the two.


Last edited by ForevaYoung on Fri Jan 13, 2017 12:07 am; edited 1 time in total
avatar
ForevaYoung
Expert Member
Expert Member

Posts : 460
Join date : 2016-06-04
Age : 25
Location : Scotland

Back to top Go down

Re: Stoking the Fire

Post by Xaelvik on Tue Jan 10, 2017 3:41 am

((Gotcha. Just a funny coincidence.

 Also, I'm having to make a quick post today. I start back at school in the morning, and I'm really short on time. I wanted to make something so I don't hold up the RP. Sorry.))

A relieved smile appeared on Flo's face as Caen finally relented. "I understand completely," Flo responded to Caen.

The danger of the situation began to sink in, and Flo became a bit nervous. There was no doubt he was going to accompany Caen on this, but he wanted to be as prepared as possible.

Just as he was nervously contemplating the impending excursion, Yukiko offered them both something to eat before they began their adventure, and Flo's stress melted away. "That would be great! I haven't eaten in a while. Anything would be fine, if it's not too much trouble, of course.."

Flo then turned to Caen. "Caen, how long do we have before the meeting? I know you said midnight; but is that tomorrow? That would give us what? Like 15 hours or something?"
avatar
Xaelvik
Basic Member
Basic Member

Posts : 35
Join date : 2016-07-01
Age : 28
Location : South Carolina

Back to top Go down

Re: Stoking the Fire

Post by The Red Blur on Tue Jan 10, 2017 11:48 pm

Caen sighed. He was... Somewhat more relieved that he wouldn't be going alone, but the fact that he had no idea what either's combat abilities were like put him slightly on edge. What if Alastor were to turn up, and make instant mincemeat of the three of them? Well, he guessed that it would be down to the same amount of coincidence, or "fate".

When Caen had finally snapped out of his thoughts, and back to reality, he noticed that Yukiko was now wearing an apron, offering food to the other two in the room. Caen's stomach, almost on cue, growled loudly. At this point, Caen realised that he had literally only eaten a single slice of toast this morning. Hell, he probably forgot to drink the juice that he poured that morning, leaving it on the side. The hedgehog chuckled, scratching the back of this head "... I'm thinking that answers your question, buuut there are more polite ways of putting it, so, I would love something to eat, Yukiko, thanks."

He looked over at the bag of shopping he had bought not too long ago, realising just how much he had bought "talking of energy, this thing's gonna be late at night, so I've probably got enough sugar to keep all of us going until next Tuesday." He smiled "good thing you guys are coming along, then, I guess!"

_________________
To right the countless wrongs of our day, we shine this light of true redemption. That this place may become as paradise. What a wonderful world such would be.

Amazing art of Caen done by the equally amazing Uncanny Illustrator!
avatar
The Red Blur
Hero
Hero

Posts : 1064
Join date : 2016-05-02
Age : 18
Location : stumbling through the cosmos...

Back to top Go down

Re: Stoking the Fire

Post by ForevaYoung on Wed Jan 11, 2017 11:50 am

Nodding, Yukiko quickly went through to her bedroom and came back a few moments later without her boots on. She felt much more at home when she was barefoot. As she walked back through towards the kitchen, she reached towards a small shelf that was just under the wall mounted television and placed the two remotes onto the coffee table. 

"Make yourselves comfortable, watch some TV if you wish... I won't be long."

Yukiko once again disappeared into the kitchen and began working on some food for her and her guests. Her own stomach growled in agreement that they needed to eat. After all, she left this morning without having anything, and was regretting that decision now.

Deciding that it would be best just to throw a platter together in case the other two weren't fond of anything in particular, the violet feline got out some plates from the cupboard and two frying pans. She threw some bread in the four slice toaster also, and before she knew it there was a feast of fried food. Bacon, scrambled and fried eggs, toast, hash browns... you name it, it was there on a plate.

As she lifted plate after plate onto a tray to carry through, she realized that there was a possibility of going a little overboard with how much she had made. 'What if they have really low appetites?' She pondered to herself. 'What if this isn't actually enough and they're really starving?'

Yukiko mentally slapped herself. There was enough there for a small family to feast on, so she disregarded the last thought and picked up the plates two at a time over to the dining table, then put a three glasses on the table with a carton of orange juice, raspberry juice, milk and a jug water. It looked like a buffet and as she placed three plates down at seated places, it was ready to be dug into.

"If you guys aren't too busy, foods ready!"

A last minute place of napkins at each place and Yukiko exhaled quietly as she waited for Caen and Flo to come through and fill up as much as they wanted.

_________________
The best things in life are always someone elses Wink

My OC Bios:
Tala the wolf
Yukiko Crescent
Zephryos Dumisa
Malakai Lerato
avatar
ForevaYoung
Expert Member
Expert Member

Posts : 460
Join date : 2016-06-04
Age : 25
Location : Scotland

Back to top Go down

Re: Stoking the Fire

Post by Xaelvik on Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:16 am

Flo chuckled at the remark Caen made about his abnormally large stock of sweets. "Now I get why you got all of that. I'm glad you did. We'll need the energy."

Flo hadn't realized how hungry he really was until the scent of the delicious foods filled his nostrils, as Yukiko was preparing the feast. When Yukiko set the table with the extremely generous amount of indulgent foods, Flo's eyes widened. And when he actually saw it all, he could hardly wait until Yukiko announced it was ready and time to eat. 


"This all looks amazing, Yukiko! I hadn't realized just how hungry I really was. Oh, man, this is awesome! Thanks so much." With that, Flo instantly grabbed his plate and began filling it. He was determined to try everything. And he did. He even tried each kind of juice. Flo's personal funds were modest, to say the least, and he could never afford to prepare such a banquet for himself.

When Flo finally regained control of himself, his previously flat, silver belly was now distended and as hard a rock. He realized he had definitely overdone it, and he was glad they had some hours before the encounter ahead of them, because he was in no shape to be preforming combat maneuvers at the present time. "I really overdid it," Flo said as he leaned back in his char. It didn't even dawn on Flo's naive and disheveled mind that he had come here to return a favor and now he was taking her food--a generous amount of it--and and her time. But he was too full and too satisfied to have the thought enter his mind.

While still stressed over the situation ahead of them, it was much reduced after such a joyous meal and the company of his friends. "That was the best meal I've had in so long, Yukiko. You're an awesome cook." Flo then paused for a moment, while he took another sip from his drink. "I sure am glad I met you guys. This is the most fun I've had in...well, about as long as I can remember. We'll come through on top with this whole ordeal at midnight. I just know it."
avatar
Xaelvik
Basic Member
Basic Member

Posts : 35
Join date : 2016-07-01
Age : 28
Location : South Carolina

Back to top Go down

Re: Stoking the Fire

Post by The Red Blur on Thu Jan 12, 2017 11:33 pm

Caen chuckled at Flo's reply, "yeah, I think I went a little overboard, either way. Oh, well, any leftovers can go in the stash, I guess!" He said, smiling the entire time. Even if Caen didn't want to burden either Yukiko or Flo, he had to admit, he was glad to have the company. It made a change from his solitary existence at his apartment, at least. Truth is, he was terrible at making friends, as he was not the type to immediately strike up a conversation with a stranger.

After a while of chatting with the chinchilla, Yukiko had finally brought breakfast for the three of them... Even if she did cook for five thousand. A drop of sweat rolled down the back of the hedgehog's head "you didn't need to go out of your way for us, Yukiko..." He said, smiling "still, I'm really grateful for this." He took a deep breath through his nose "smells great, too."

One bite of a single rasher of bacon, or perhaps the perfectly cooked egg, immediately made Caen's stomach growl for more and, before too long, he had eaten more than a normal person's fill, as well as gulping back quite a large glass of orange juice. He wipes his mouth with a napkin, patting his now slightly distended stomach "ugh... That was delicious..." He said, lying back in his chair. Suddenly, he realised that he was a guest at someone's home, and he sat bolt-upright, making quite an awkward expression as he did so.

Caen looked over at Flo, nodding when he finished "seriously, who taught you to cook like that?" He asked. "To be honest, I feel the same way. If I hadn't have met you two, my life may have hung in the balance tonight, but, I don't know why, but I feel... Safer, knowing that you will accompany me. Perhaps fate is what brought us together, but... I'd like to think it's something more than that." He looked at the two, laughing "this got a bit cheesy, didn't it?"

_________________
To right the countless wrongs of our day, we shine this light of true redemption. That this place may become as paradise. What a wonderful world such would be.

Amazing art of Caen done by the equally amazing Uncanny Illustrator!
avatar
The Red Blur
Hero
Hero

Posts : 1064
Join date : 2016-05-02
Age : 18
Location : stumbling through the cosmos...

Back to top Go down

Re: Stoking the Fire

Post by ForevaYoung on Fri Jan 13, 2017 12:05 am

Watching the two males scarf down her prepared food made Yukiko smile warmly. The two may have put up a mask to hide who they were -especially Caen- but everyone lowers that mask when food is involved. Especially fried, fatty, stomach-growling smelling food.

"I...well I wouldn't say I'm 'amazing', but after my mother and fathers passing, I left that world to pursue my dream of owning my own restaurant some day. Oh, and please you can call me Yuki if you want to." She responded to the question Caen had asked. She didn't realize her face turned sad for a moment as she thought back to the last time she saw both her parents together before remembering she wasn't in the house alone and there was no time to be thinking about the past. "I'm just glad you're full now. If anything happens, at least we know we won't be fighting on an empty stomach."

She placed her cutlery down from her own meal that was relatively modest compared to the other two. Well, modest to her as she would normally be able to eat a lot more than a regular female by far. How she was still thin? well her training that she promised not to go back to was partly to blame. She only hoped her guests wouldn't think her big appetite was something unusual. Looking over at Caen as he leaned back in comfort but then sprang forward, she laughed out loud. 

"You don't have to worry, make yourself comfortable. You ate a lot, Mr. Caen, a full stomach isn't best to be leaned on." She smiled, taking a long drink of her raspberry juice. 

The words of both talking about meeting up made her nod in thought. She never could gain a friend as the boarding school children were always afraid of her abilities. Personally she thought they had watched too many fantasy films, one in particular about a snow queen whom had the same powers but was afraid of herself. It upset her, but in time as she grew older she, with her fathers encouragement accepted and embraced them as a part of her.

"I do have to agree that it is nice to have people around. Work is about the only getting out I get, so I never really thought about making friends due to being busy. I know we are only on the first day of meeting, but I believe I would consider you both friends, and with that I am happily obligated to put myself in any potential danger in order to assure that you are safe."

After her speech, Yukiko realized just how badly cliche she sounded. It was true though, every word of it was meant and she felt a heavy blush begin to take form on her face. She lowered her gaze to the table as she rubbed her arm nervously. "Erm... I mean yes... I am glad that we met also."


Last edited by ForevaYoung on Sat Jan 14, 2017 2:41 am; edited 1 time in total

_________________
The best things in life are always someone elses Wink

My OC Bios:
Tala the wolf
Yukiko Crescent
Zephryos Dumisa
Malakai Lerato
avatar
ForevaYoung
Expert Member
Expert Member

Posts : 460
Join date : 2016-06-04
Age : 25
Location : Scotland

Back to top Go down

Re: Stoking the Fire

Post by Xaelvik on Sat Jan 14, 2017 1:36 am

Flo smiled and gave a slight laugh at Caen's remark. It was true; their conversation was taking a slight detour through cheeseville. But Flo supposed that was only natural. It was apparent that all three of them probably weren't the best communicators and a bit socially awkward. But Flo figured that's what made them be able to relate to each other. He was glad he dropped his wallet. Under normal circumstances, these three probably never would have met each other at all.

After hearing a small--but apparently defining--fragment of Yukiko's past, Flo looked down at the floor. He felt sorry for Yukiko. She seemed like a really good person who didn't deserve have such a harsh life. He couldn't really know how she felt, which made him feel worse. He had absolutely know memory of his family. He wondered which was worse: losing someone you hold dear and being haunted by it for the remainder of your life or never knowing them to begin with? You'd never have to deal with the pain, but you'd never have the benefit of knowing them either. Flo thought it was probably like choosing whether you wished to be born blind or have your sight for some years and then lose it. Both sounded pretty bad to Flo.


"Well, Yukiko, I'll tell you this: if you ever do get to open a restaurant, I'll be there on day one. That meal was flipping fantastic! You were born to be a cook." In response to Yukiko's stance on how she felt about her new friends, Flo smiled. "I totally agree. And we'll be fine. I'm sure of it. If fate did have something to do with this, it didn't bring us all together for nothing." feeling full but determined Flo then jumped up out of his chair, stretched, and then turned to Caen. "How much longer do we have, Caen? We should start planning this out. Decide how to best use the time we have left before the meeting, don't you think?"


Last edited by Xaelvik on Sun Jan 15, 2017 1:25 am; edited 1 time in total
avatar
Xaelvik
Basic Member
Basic Member

Posts : 35
Join date : 2016-07-01
Age : 28
Location : South Carolina

Back to top Go down

Re: Stoking the Fire

Post by The Red Blur on Sat Jan 14, 2017 10:40 pm

The hedgehog listened as Yukiko spoke, giving a small amount of information about her own parents, as well as her dreams of owning a restaurant. Flo than voiced his support, saying that he would be first in line once it opens. Caen frowned "I'm sorry if I dug up some bad memories." He said, looking down at the table. One thing that he was somewhat glad about was that he could relate to her in a way, so they could both understand the situation that the other was in. "Still... If there's any way I can help you achieve your dream, I'll be sure to do what I can." He said, giving her a slight smile, "it's what friends are for, right?"

When Flo asked the hedgehog how long they had left, as well as whatever plan he had, Caen's pleasant demeanour changed, suddenly becoming more serious, once again. He looked around, checking for a clock. He soon lay his eyes on one, muttering the time to himself "eleven... That gives us about twelve hours before we need to be heading there. Of course, I'll need a couple of hours to get back to my apartment and get ready, so... Other than that, we've got quite a lot of time to kill..."

He sighed "okay, first thing's first. What are your abilities in combat? It would be helpful to know, just in case anything happens. I'm a swordsman, mainly. But, as you've seen before, I am able to utilise pyrokinesis."

_________________
To right the countless wrongs of our day, we shine this light of true redemption. That this place may become as paradise. What a wonderful world such would be.

Amazing art of Caen done by the equally amazing Uncanny Illustrator!
avatar
The Red Blur
Hero
Hero

Posts : 1064
Join date : 2016-05-02
Age : 18
Location : stumbling through the cosmos...

Back to top Go down

Re: Stoking the Fire

Post by ForevaYoung on Sat Jan 14, 2017 11:39 pm

The kind words from Flo and Caen about wanting to support her dream for the future brought about a warm, happy feeling inside Yukiko. Nobody had ever said anything like that to her before, they just half expected her to take up her fathers work as his legacy. Out here in the real world, away from all of that though, nobody even knew who her parents were. One day perhaps she would give those she knew her true surname, but not presently. Regardless she was honoured to have the two before her compliment her. 

She could feel Flo's energy and determination almost emanating from him as she couldn't help but stifle a laugh when he sprang up eager to get things moving and a plan set in motion. 

Talking of the events that would unfold in the next hours, Yuki furrowed her brows in thought. It was always good to know an ally and their abilities, but it was still strange for her to openly converse about her powers. She knew she would have to though if it was to help a friend. 

"Well, if you hadn't already guessed or noticed from what happened at the store earlier, I am able to manipulate ice, which makes me almost polar opposite to yourself, Caen... Pardon the pun. Cryokinetic is the technical term I think? Anyway,  I've never tried to manipulate water considering they're the same thing just at different temperatures, so I wouldn't know about that aspect, but hey it's a power. I'm also pretty fast on my feet and I can handle close combat fighting more than I let on."

Yukiko realised how much was actually behind her and for a moment felt very confident and capable. She smirked to herself at these thoughts which looked quite out of character for her calm and passive demeanor. As quick as it came, it passed with a quick shake of her head. Still uninformed of Flo and his possible abilities, she turned her full focus to the silver chinchilla, waiting on his response to what he could do to help out in this potentially dangerous situation they were walking into.
avatar
ForevaYoung
Expert Member
Expert Member

Posts : 460
Join date : 2016-06-04
Age : 25
Location : Scotland

Back to top Go down

Re: Stoking the Fire

Post by Xaelvik on Mon Jan 16, 2017 12:29 am

Flo beamed with enthusiasm as his two friends openly shared their combat credentials. The more he heard, the more confident he became that--whatever lay ahead--they would get through this. He knew both could manipulate the elements to their advantage, and he assumed Caen was a capable combatant, but Yukiko surprised him. To him, Caen, for some reason or another, seemed liked a veteran of the art of combat who was no stranger to battle. But Yukiko, to Flo, seemed like someone who would never willingly put herself in a situation where she would have to enter a battle. It made him wonder if there was more her than meets the eye, and it conjured up curiosity in him regarding her past. Regardless, he was glad that it sounded like she was more than capable of defending herself in the possible confrontation ahead.

When it was Flo's turn to share, and all eyes were on him, his smile suddenly drooped. "Me?" Flo said timidly. While certainly serviceable in combat, compared to his friends, he was rather deficient. Flo finally regained himself, cleared his throat and spoke up. "Well, I won't bore you guys with a long story, but I used to have these cybernetic implants. In fact, they're still there. I just can't activate them. But when they were active, I would enter a mental state where I would be completely absorbed in whatever task I was given--it was always combat. I was pretty effective," Flo boasted, desperately wanting to sound adequate to his friends. "While I can't enter 'the zone' that I used to be able to, I still kept a lot of my old fighting abilities. I'm pretty good at quite a few different forms of close-quarters combat, and I'm pretty effective with quite a few different firearms too." Since he didn't have access to his cybernetic implants, and he had no special powers, Flo knew he probably would not be able to keep pace with Yukiko or Caen. But he hoped that they wouldn't feel the need to babysit him, or worse, ask him to stay behind (which he would not). He was confident he could be of some use to them both with what was to come.
avatar
Xaelvik
Basic Member
Basic Member

Posts : 35
Join date : 2016-07-01
Age : 28
Location : South Carolina

Back to top Go down

Re: Stoking the Fire

Post by The Red Blur on Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:34 pm

As the two went over their own combat capabilities, the hedgehog leaned back slightly, rubbing his chin as he began to think up strategies. Just as Yukiko mentioned that she had authority over ice, something clicked in Caen's mind. "Wait a minute... When that man slipped over on that ice... That was you?!" He asked, raising an eyebrow towards the snow leopard. Soon enough, though, he smiled "I like your style," he remarked, giving out a small chuckle.

One thing that did strike him as odd, though, was how weirdly coincidental this all was. Caen- a pyrokinetic, had now joined forces with Yukiko- a cryokinetic. It almost seemed like it was fate.

Flo, on the other hand, seemed... Oddly mundane. Sure, he had cybernetic implants, but they didn't do a fat lot if they were deactivated. Either way, with no firearms close to hand, the hedgehog noted that he would only be able to fight up-close, leaving him and Yukiko as the ones with any sort of projectile attack.

Caen leaned back forward, placing his hands down on the table "okay. I think I have a plan," he said "first off, we'll come to the clearing. Flo, I want you to hide behind a bush or a rock, or something, and Yukiko, you can hide in a tree. That way, if things go south, you can utilise your ice, and Flo can ambush them." He said, crossing his arms and leaning his chin on his hand "and then, we can..." He said, ending with a quiet "hmm..."

_________________
To right the countless wrongs of our day, we shine this light of true redemption. That this place may become as paradise. What a wonderful world such would be.

Amazing art of Caen done by the equally amazing Uncanny Illustrator!
avatar
The Red Blur
Hero
Hero

Posts : 1064
Join date : 2016-05-02
Age : 18
Location : stumbling through the cosmos...

Back to top Go down

Re: Stoking the Fire

Post by ForevaYoung on Tue Jan 17, 2017 2:30 am

Yukiko couldn't stop the grin appearing on her face at Caens realization about what happened back at the supermarket. He finally caught on.
Things were getting serious. Flo had some cool enhancements, but the fact that they were disabled brought a small frown on the violet felines snowy muzzle. She had a feeling he had more going for him in terms of close combat, but she hoped Caen wouldn't see him as a liability. He seemed eager to prove himself considering his minor set back. In all honesty she felt a little sorry for the silver male as he really must feel inadequate. She knew he would be a very useful ally though, she just had a feeling. 

"I don't mean to jump in, but if Flo has any form of stealth, he could sneak up behind for a close range take out if the need be? You know... Just as a suggestion."

Caen placed her position well, she was skilled at distance fighting with her ice. She could focus the tiny crystals into sharp needles, similar to senbon that shonobi used to hit vital pressure points and hopefully neutralize any danger. Failing that she could throw up a wall to give a head start to get things started. The higher height would offer her an advantage for sights in case there would possibly be any others there. She could take them out, quickly and with no problems that way. 

"What will you be doing in regards to approaching him exactly?" She asked after a few minutes of thoughtful silence filling the room. "We will also possibly need a code word if things appear worse than you originally thought?"

She was just throwing potential help into the frying pan to ensure as little casualties as possible. Anyone getting hurt could jeapordise the whole 'mission' they were taking on after all.

_________________
The best things in life are always someone elses Wink

My OC Bios:
Tala the wolf
Yukiko Crescent
Zephryos Dumisa
Malakai Lerato
avatar
ForevaYoung
Expert Member
Expert Member

Posts : 460
Join date : 2016-06-04
Age : 25
Location : Scotland

Back to top Go down

Re: Stoking the Fire

Post by Xaelvik on Tue Jan 17, 2017 11:52 pm

As Caen was sizing the situation up, Flo couldn't help but notice the surprise and disappointment Caen emanated. Or that is what Flo interpreted it as. He opened his mouth to say something, searching for words to convince Caen that he was capable for the possible fight ahead, but he found himself at a loss, and he instead just turned his gaze away from both Caen and Yukiko toward the window.

When Caen began to verbalize his plan, Flo turned back to him, listening closely. After he had finished, Flo spoke up. "That sounds like it could be a good start." When Yukiko then added her suggestion about Flo utilizing stealth, Flo felt that would work well with what Caen had planned. "I could definitely handle that." After pausing for a short moment, Flo then spoke up. "And look, I know you guys have these fancy powers that I don't. And I know my cybernetics are worthless now. But because I was implanted with them, I was trained extensively in different forms of combat," Flo assured them, not wanting them to see him as a liability and also trying to convince himself. He then added, "And.. I still have one of the guns from the old place, back at my apartment. I didn't want to have to use it again, but I can't think of a better occasion. I'll keep up with you guys, trust me."

 As Yukiko made her next suggestion, Flo listened. "I agree. We should also be as prepared as possible for what we're walking into. I know you already told us some, Caen, but if this is your uncle, what do you think we could be walking into exactly? What should we be looking out for?"
avatar
Xaelvik
Basic Member
Basic Member

Posts : 35
Join date : 2016-07-01
Age : 28
Location : South Carolina

Back to top Go down

Re: Stoking the Fire

Post by The Red Blur on Thu Jan 19, 2017 12:44 am

"stealth, yes..." Caen muttered, resting his chi atop his arms as he leaned forwards. He stayed silent for a few seconds, mulling over some more plans that he thought of. "Okay. Our potential foe is capable of bending metals in seemingly impossible ways. Even so much as to make it seem like the metal has turned to liquid. Now, one limitation to this is that he generally does not move while using this power, and he always must remain in contact with metal for it to work. Which is why he always carries a large battleaxe."

The hedgehog looked over at Flo "if you're to sneak up on him, do it with the utmost of care, as one false move could easily mean any of our ends." He leaned back "but, still, I'm not sure. Something makes me feel as though Alastor won't be making an appearance tonight. I'm not sure if that's because it truly is my father, or a separate foe entirely." He stood up, now beginning to pace through sheer stress and nerves "if things were to go wrong, I'm afraid I might not be able to withdraw. But you two are different." He looked at two of them, the same serious expression still plastered across his face. "I've got it. Flo, Yuki, if I'm to say 'the moon shall always move towards the horizon', that means that you both need to run, as far and as fast as you can."

_________________
To right the countless wrongs of our day, we shine this light of true redemption. That this place may become as paradise. What a wonderful world such would be.

Amazing art of Caen done by the equally amazing Uncanny Illustrator!
avatar
The Red Blur
Hero
Hero

Posts : 1064
Join date : 2016-05-02
Age : 18
Location : stumbling through the cosmos...

Back to top Go down

Re: Stoking the Fire

Post by ForevaYoung on Thu Jan 19, 2017 8:00 pm

"If I could just say, having powers can have a lot of drawbacks...more than positives anyway depending on the situation, so in all honesty I actually envy you in many ways, Flo."

Yukiko stood behind the chinchilla, placing a gentle comforting hand on his shoulder for a moment. Before it got awkward, she backed off and began picking up the plates of left over food to discard the remains into the rubbish and then place the empty plates themselves into her small dishwasher underneath the sink. "Well, if we are going to Caens to pick up some things I'm sure stopping in at your place won't be too much of a bother."

Getting an image of a giant battleaxe in her head, Yukiko found another thoughtful frown had appeared on her soft face. Bending metals AND having a closer range weapon meant this guy was able to keep himself protected better than some other, less intelligent enemies, if she could even use that term. The only thing was, he might not even be the one at the meeting place and Caen at get the fright of his life if his father who he's known to be dead for so long were to be there instead. It was a complex situation, but she knew to stand by the hedgehog no matter what. 

"I like that phrase. It can be subtly placed into a conversation as well so it could be less inconspicuous and not draw attention to us if the need be." Yukiko liked looking out at the moon when she couldn't sleep at night. It brought a sense of calm and tranquility, so talking about the giant white sphere in the sky in such a way wouldn't be strange at all, especially seeing as it will be midnight as well. 

"If you are completely certain that we leave you then you have to promise that you will be safe somehow. I'm sure I'm not the only who thinks we at least have the right to have that instead of us possibly losing our minds not knowing if you're alright?"

_________________
The best things in life are always someone elses Wink

My OC Bios:
Tala the wolf
Yukiko Crescent
Zephryos Dumisa
Malakai Lerato
avatar
ForevaYoung
Expert Member
Expert Member

Posts : 460
Join date : 2016-06-04
Age : 25
Location : Scotland

Back to top Go down

Re: Stoking the Fire

Post by Xaelvik on Fri Jan 20, 2017 11:31 pm

The situation was sounding more and more dangerous as Caen elaborated on his uncle's abilities. Flo was wondering how much help he would be against someone with powers so formidable. But with the plan they had laid out currently, Flo would have the element of surprise. You can't defend against something you don't know is there. Or so he hoped.

When Yukiko assured Flo that the powers had their price and that he should not be envious, Flo remembered that from her description, Yukiko's life had been anything but pleasant, and he felt guilty. He realized that he had been acting somewhat childish. Yukiko's compassionate gesture took Flo by surprise, and he found himself at a loss for words. He could tell that she was rather shy, and he knew that that was probably rather difficult for her. Flo felt really lucky to have her as friend.

When Caen explained that he didn't think his uncle would be present at midnight, relief swept over Flo. He didn't want to see any of them get hurt, and the more Flo heard about Alastor, the more it sounded as if they were outmatched. But Flo's relief was quickly extinguished when he saw that Caen was still just as pensive--if not more so--as before. "You have other people after you?" Flo asked Caen nervously. "I'll head over to my place and grab my gun, but Caen, why exactly does your own uncle want to kill you? I know you told use some, and I know it's not my business--" Flo just cut himself off there.
avatar
Xaelvik
Basic Member
Basic Member

Posts : 35
Join date : 2016-07-01
Age : 28
Location : South Carolina

Back to top Go down

Re: Stoking the Fire

Post by The Red Blur on Sat Jan 21, 2017 7:41 pm

Caen continued pacing out of sheer nerves, muttering all sorts of inaudible babble under his breath. He shook his head at Flo's question "not as far as I know. However, more and more lately, I've been finding that... Everywhere I go, trouble seems to follow. It's why I've become... Reluctant to work with others. Then again, I wasn't exactly one to work in a team, anyway..." He sat back down, again, sighing.

When Flo asked his second question, he just stared at the table, melancholic, in a way. "Well, I'd say it's simply out of vengeance, now. Originally, he burned down my home to kill us all, and collect the inheritance, as he would be the next of kin. You see, we were... Pretty wealthy. Not millionaires, mind you, but we lived comfortably. He was... Jealous, I guess. He's not really going to be able to collect the inheritance, now, because he's a known fugitive, so that's why I think it's out of rage, rather than for any sort of gain."

He shook his head, smiling again "I'm bringing the mood down, again," he muttered to himself. He watched Yukiko take the dishes away, putting them in the dishwasher. She was surprisingly quick with these type of tasks, at least, that's what Caen thought.

When Yukiko spoke again, the hedgehog shook his head. "I'm sorry, but I... I can't promise you that. If worse comes to worst, I'm going to have to make sure you both get out of there safely, which may mean I'll have to serve as a distraction."

_________________
To right the countless wrongs of our day, we shine this light of true redemption. That this place may become as paradise. What a wonderful world such would be.

Amazing art of Caen done by the equally amazing Uncanny Illustrator!
avatar
The Red Blur
Hero
Hero

Posts : 1064
Join date : 2016-05-02
Age : 18
Location : stumbling through the cosmos...

Back to top Go down

Re: Stoking the Fire

Post by ForevaYoung on Sun Jan 22, 2017 11:54 pm

Yet another frown appeared on the only female in the rooms face. She knew they would have to leave Caen behind, but she didn't want to think of what would happen if they did. She prayed that it wouldn't be the red Mobians uncle to appear tonight at any cost if he was that dangerous. 


"If there is any way to stay and help you, then I will not budge. I may not look like much, but nobody deserves to fight their battles alone when there are those who wish to stand by his side. "

Setting up her kitchen to get the dishes washed, along with a washing while she was there, Yukiko nodded to nobody in particular and made her way back into the living room to see about what would be happening next. "Will we leave together, or you both go separately and we will maybe meet up later on?"

It was a question she had in her head for a while, in particular ever since the two males spoke of needing to stop at their own homes for their own supplies and whatnot. She thought of anyone else who could possibly be after Caen. Why him of all people? Granted, there wasn't much that either she or Flo know about the hedgehog who was having a really hard time, but he definitely needed some back up. Maybe in time they would be told things in more depth in order to better understand the situation at hand. 

Yukiko left the room to go back to her bedroom for a few moments, only to return wearing a light pastel yellow short sleeved top with an attached scarf that sat similarly to the collar on her previously worn dress. Her grey skinny jeans were now replaced with thicker, dark denim blue jeans in the same fashion. She also opted out of her black boots and instead wore a pair of white, sky blue and grey hi-tops. They would be better off for potential combat and movement in general, and what better tike to change than when there's not much else to really do in the day?

_________________
The best things in life are always someone elses Wink

My OC Bios:
Tala the wolf
Yukiko Crescent
Zephryos Dumisa
Malakai Lerato
avatar
ForevaYoung
Expert Member
Expert Member

Posts : 460
Join date : 2016-06-04
Age : 25
Location : Scotland

Back to top Go down

Re: Stoking the Fire

Post by The Red Blur on Tue Jan 24, 2017 6:02 pm

((Xaelvik, are you still there? I might have to skip you if you take much longer...))

_________________
To right the countless wrongs of our day, we shine this light of true redemption. That this place may become as paradise. What a wonderful world such would be.

Amazing art of Caen done by the equally amazing Uncanny Illustrator!
avatar
The Red Blur
Hero
Hero

Posts : 1064
Join date : 2016-05-02
Age : 18
Location : stumbling through the cosmos...

Back to top Go down

Re: Stoking the Fire

Post by Xaelvik on Wed Jan 25, 2017 3:15 am

The Red Blur wrote:((Xaelvik, are you still there? I might have to skip you if you take much longer...))
OOC: Sorry, school and work have made it difficult to keep up with posting. I was going to make a post right now and try to keep up, but given where I'm at, I think it would be better if I go ahead and bow out for the time being. It's gotten to the point where my posts are getting really short and really late, and I just can't see a point in continuing until I have more time. Let's just say Flo left to get his gun and hasn't come back. They might assume he chickened out, was apprehended, or whatever (I've got an IC excuse already of why he disappeared). I want to RP with you guys again, and I hate leaving right as they're nearing the climax of the thread, but I don't want to hold up the RP. I'm hoping to find a way to fit Flo back into this soon.

I'll be back soon, and sorry about the late post,

Xael


Last edited by Xaelvik on Wed Jan 25, 2017 6:45 am; edited 1 time in total
avatar
Xaelvik
Basic Member
Basic Member

Posts : 35
Join date : 2016-07-01
Age : 28
Location : South Carolina

Back to top Go down

Re: Stoking the Fire

Post by ForevaYoung on Wed Jan 25, 2017 4:54 am

((I'm sure we can have you back in no problem, that is if Red is happy to do so? As long as we read back on whats we've already written then we can come back at any time if we can't continue right now? Life gets busy sometimes, and who knows? Maybe taking a little break will help refresh plot points and make it even better than it already is. Its better to stop and come back than try to continue and not have time to make a good post ^^))

_________________
The best things in life are always someone elses Wink

My OC Bios:
Tala the wolf
Yukiko Crescent
Zephryos Dumisa
Malakai Lerato
avatar
ForevaYoung
Expert Member
Expert Member

Posts : 460
Join date : 2016-06-04
Age : 25
Location : Scotland

Back to top Go down

Re: Stoking the Fire

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum