Hello user, SRN is now closed. Feel free to read anything you'd like, but you cannot post.
Thank you for being part of this community.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello user, SRN is now closed. Feel free to read anything you'd like, but you cannot post.
Thank you for being part of this community.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stoking the Fire

+5
Mark the Hedgehog
Codename-Jack
Thunder
Xaelvik
Jaredthefox92
9 posters

Page 5 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

Stoking the Fire  - Page 5 Empty Re: Stoking the Fire

Post by The Red Blur Wed Jan 25, 2017 8:05 am

((I can agree that things can get stressful sometimes, and balancing hobbies with work is near-impossible at times, so I completely understand, Xaelvik. FY, would you prefer if we continued on without him, for now, or if we pop this on hold until Xaelvik is ready?))
The Red Blur
The Red Blur
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by ForevaYoung Wed Jan 25, 2017 6:23 pm

((It's completely up to you, I'm fine either way, we would need to kinda have fillers until he got back though xD))
ForevaYoung
ForevaYoung
Master Member
Master Member

Back to top Go down

Post by The Red Blur Wed Jan 25, 2017 6:56 pm

((Yeah, true... Okay, this shall be on hold until Xaelvik is ready to continue. Feel free to pm me when you're ready, Xae!))
The Red Blur
The Red Blur
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Xaelvik Wed Jan 25, 2017 10:36 pm

((I appreciate you guys understanding. I feel bad holding up the thread like this. As soon as my first round of tests for school are over with (next week), I should be able to get back to making a post every 24 hours. I'll PM you, Red, next week, and then we can start if you both are ready. 

Thanks again, guys. This is just a really rough stretch for me in real life right now.

Be back soon.))
Xaelvik
Xaelvik
Basic Member
Basic Member

Back to top Go down

Post by The Red Blur Fri Feb 03, 2017 8:33 pm

((iiiit looks like Xaelvik isn't coming back, unfortunately... It's been nearly two weeks and I've heard nothing from him. Do you wanna continue on without him, FY?))
The Red Blur
The Red Blur
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by ForevaYoung Fri Feb 03, 2017 8:56 pm

((It is completely up to you, Red as I'm fine either way. If Xaelvik isn't too much longer and things are a little slower in moving with the plot, then he could even just have Flo meet up with Yuki and Caen at the forest? I mean that's if you're fine with that as it is your rp after all ^^))
ForevaYoung
ForevaYoung
Master Member
Master Member

Back to top Go down

Post by The Red Blur Mon Feb 06, 2017 11:34 pm

((riiiiight. It's been two weeks, so I'm gonna continue this on without Xaelvik. Of course, if he comes back, he's free to hop back into the RP however he likes. I just wanna get the ball rolling, again.))

"Yukiko... Thanks," Caen said, a sense of warmth in his voice. Soon after, Yukiko had gotten changed into something a bit more appropriate for combat, and Flo left to get this firearm that he had been talking about. However, a good two hours passed, with Yukiko and Caen just chatting throughout the wait, and there was no sign of Flo.

"He could've just said he was having second thoughts..." Caen muttered, as he stood up and stretched. "Anyway, it appears we are one less in this mission. A pity, but it's understandable. I just wish he'd said something. Oh, well," he turned his head to Yukiko "next port of call is my apartment. I need to shower, change, and pick up a few things. Do you want to wait here, or come with me?" The hedgehog asked, using one hand to brush back his spines, even though it didn't seem like he needed to.
The Red Blur
The Red Blur
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by ForevaYoung Tue Feb 07, 2017 2:57 am

Yukiko sat on one of her sofas, a confused and slightly concerned frown on her face while thinking of the whereabouts of where Flo could have vanished off to. He seemed genuinely interested and determined to help Caen out in this endeavour, regardless of just coming out of...

"Mr. Caen...?"She began quietly as a thought just occured to her, literally slapping her in the face with how obvious it could be for the situation before them. "What if... well, you know Flo juuuust met us after his nightshift, right? What if he went home to get his weapon, took a few minutes for a breather, and before he knew it he fell asleep?"

She considered it to be a very plausible excuse. After all, he had been up all of the previous night in a factory which couldnt have been the most exciting thing in the world to have been doing for hours on end, then with all of the action they encountered today at the supermarket, she bet anything he was exhausted. He probably would probably be out for at least a good few extra hours, only to wake up, realise what was going on and just get them at the forest later on and fully energized. That latter thought made Yukiko believe his head would be a lot more in the game without the need for sleep, if that was the case.

Failing that, she hoped she would be enough for Caens back up. Her amber eyes caught on to Caens sapphire ones as he spoke of getting freshened up at his home before this journey. Yukiko wondered if he lived far from here. Surely not, or he could have used any other supermarket that was possibly nearer him in that case. 

"I believe it would be best to accompany you... that is if youre alright with that, Mr Caen?" She chirped energetically. The thought of what was to come was beginning to get slightly exciting for her as she hadnt seen any action in a very long time, other than on television. She hoped this would potentially show herself how much she has gained from her training in the past and the continuation of it alone when nobody was around. "I'm changed and ready for going out any time."

Clasping her white hands together, Yukiko realised she had forgotten to put her black fingerless gloves back on, and began to pat her jeans pockets frantically before once again darting into her bedroom and returning a few seconds later in a purple blur, calmly putting them on as she returned. "Uhm, sorry about that. Not wearing these makes me really insecure about...well the ice getting out." 

A nervous laugh had come out of Yukiko before she could stop it and she scratched behind her ears as an embarrassed blush formed on her face for what seemed like the tenth time today. Apart from that little setback though, she was happy to go with Caen whenever and wherever he needed to go.

Last edited by ForevaYoung on Tue Feb 07, 2017 3:03 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Plebian antics with forgetting how to English :'))
ForevaYoung
ForevaYoung
Master Member
Master Member

Back to top Go down

Post by The Red Blur Tue Feb 07, 2017 7:39 am

When Yukiko pointed out Flo's more likely situation, rather than the hedgehog's previous thoughts, he was tempted to facepalm at that very moment. Instead, he just shook his head "you're right, Yukiko. Well, I guess that would be advantageous, in the long-run. I just hope he wakes up before things get intense. if things go that way, rather."

Replying to Caen's question, Yukiko seemed almost... Cheerful? Had she not visited someone in that long? It wasn't a question that was important to Caen. After all, he didn't want to be rude, did he?

"Alright! Let's go. Although... You'll have to excuse any mess. My place isn't kept in quite the same condition as yours," he said, turning to look at her and finding her reentering her room, before stepping out, this time with some black fingerless gloved on her icy-white hands. He shrugged his shoulders "I understand. Gloves can be important in battle, preventing chafing and, to a certain extent, damage, plus, noone wants to get stiff fingers right in the middle of combat, do they?"
The Red Blur
The Red Blur
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by ForevaYoung Tue Feb 07, 2017 7:16 pm

It was an odd feeling, but Yukiko choked it up to the idea that she was actually doing something other than working or hiding away in her home until she needed to work again. It was an excitable feeling, but she also knew the potential danger they would be encountering later on in the day. 

She simply nodded at Caens remark of his home, not even thinking twice about any mess. "I won't judge, I have a bit of a cleaning problem here so maybe seeing a home more lived in, it might loosen the reigns a bit."

Looking at the gloves she now wore securely on her hands once again, she scowled at them almost as if they had done something wrong. "It's more like a safety measure if you can even call it that?" Yukiko responded in a question of her own. She wasn't entirely certain why, but she just had a jiggling sensation in the back of her mind that if she wasn't wearing her gloves when she was out then someone may get hurt. They were like a safety net that helped her ability anxiety in a way she supposed. 

Shaking her head and returning to her passive expression Yukiko smiled to Can as she took steps outside her home and locking the door behind them.
ForevaYoung
ForevaYoung
Master Member
Master Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Xaelvik Tue Feb 07, 2017 8:49 pm

((I'm really sorry, guys. I didn't mean to go so long without even giving a status update. I'm not usually like that. I'm glad you both continued without me, as I never wanted to hold up the RP--I just needed to drop out for the time being. In fact, given how things are for me right now, I'm not going to be jumping in right now, as I know I can't post consistently at the moment. Where I'm at in real life right now, RP just can't take priority and what little creative enthusiasm I had is dried up at the moment. I'll be back to RP on these forums--and hopefully this thread in some capacity--soon.

I didn't mean to hold you guys up so long. I just kept hoping my situation would change, and I would be ready to post daily. I realize that's going to be a while longer.

I'll see you guys,

Xael))

Last edited by Xaelvik on Tue Feb 07, 2017 10:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Xaelvik
Xaelvik
Basic Member
Basic Member

Back to top Go down

Post by ForevaYoung Tue Feb 07, 2017 10:05 pm

((Dont worry about it Xael, life outside the internet and roleplays is far more important! We will keep going but know you are more than welcome to jump back in if you get some free time and can find the creativity in you to do so. We will be happy to see you back and posting when things are better on your end ^^))
ForevaYoung
ForevaYoung
Master Member
Master Member

Back to top Go down

Post by The Red Blur Tue Feb 07, 2017 11:47 pm

((I agree with FY! Your life and its issues should always come first. Us lot and our RPs are a definite second, at the very most. Still, we'll always welcome you back whenever you are ready to rejoin!))

The hedgehog nodded as Yukiko explained the real reason behind the use of her gloves "I see what you mean. I used to think the same sort of thing, actually," he said, trying his best to sound sympathetic. As soon as Yukiko stepped out, Caen followed closely behind, before soon overtaking her and leading the way "you know, it's pretty weird. I live close, and I've never even seen you before. Yet another thing that feels like fate, huh?" He said, walking backwards as he spoke to the snow leopard.
The Red Blur
The Red Blur
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Xaelvik Wed Feb 08, 2017 12:26 am

ForevaYoung wrote:((Dont worry about it Xael, life outside the internet and roleplays is far more important! We will keep going but know you are more than welcome to jump back in if you get some free time and can find the creativity in you to do so. We will be happy to see you back and posting when things are better on your end ^^))
((I appreciate that, and I want to RP with you guys again soon. It was some of the most fun I had in that couple of month stretch. I just need to be in the right place to do it and have the time so as I'm not rushing through my posts and not enjoying it.

You guys feel free to handle Flo's missing anyway that works best for you in the context of the plot. When I'm ready to come back, if it works for you and Red, I'll make sure to re-enter in a non disruptive way.

You both take care, have fun.))
Xaelvik
Xaelvik
Basic Member
Basic Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Xaelvik Wed Feb 08, 2017 1:14 am

The Red Blur wrote:((I agree with FY! Your life and its issues should always come first. Us lot and our RPs are a definite second, at the very most. Still, we'll always welcome you back whenever you are ready to rejoin!))

The hedgehog nodded as Yukiko explained the real reason behind the use of her gloves "I see what you mean. I used to think the same sort of thing, actually," he said, trying his best to sound sympathetic. As soon as Yukiko stepped out, Caen followed closely behind, before soon overtaking her and leading the way "you know, it's pretty weird. I live close, and I've never even seen you before. Yet another thing that feels like fate, huh?" He said, walking backwards as he spoke to the snow leopard.
((Thanks, Red. You guys are awesome.

I'll quit spamming this thread with my posts now. I just didn't want you guys to think I thought so little of you two or this RP that I would just abandon you both and the RP without even explaining myself.

I'll be back--soon, hopefully.))
Xaelvik
Xaelvik
Basic Member
Basic Member

Back to top Go down

Post by ForevaYoung Wed Feb 08, 2017 6:04 am

((Until you're able Xael, we will most likely be here anyway ^^))

"...you do?"

White tipped ears swivelled slowly in the direction Caen now walked alongsode her on. How could she not have seen him around before? 

A mental facepalm came at her obvious ignorance. "That maaaay actually be my bad. You see, when I first moved here, I never really paid my surroundings any mind. I just st-stuck my head down into my work and felt that meeting people would come later naturally." She kept her amber gaze on her feet as they walked back down the flights of stairs again. "It would seem doing that has made me a very ignorant person, as there seems to be quite the number of very kind people around here."

Yukiko placed her keys that she had been absentmindedly playing with into one of the back pockets of her jeans. They weren't particularly a big set unlike a lot of women's keys filled with unnecessary keyrings and whatnot, just a key, and a small photograph key ring of her chao companion. It was all she needed. 

"Do... Do you think things will work out tonight?" She almost whispered as they left the building. She didn't want to bring the mood down, but at the same time she genuinely wanted to know if Caen was really feeling up to doing this. It was all happening very fast after all.
ForevaYoung
ForevaYoung
Master Member
Master Member

Back to top Go down

Post by The Red Blur Wed Feb 08, 2017 11:03 pm

Caen smiled back in an understanding fashion, chuckling, "hey, I understand. I'm not exactly the most sociable person in the world. Hell, most of my friends I either made in a life-or-death situation, or from my job!"

The hedgehog turned away, before slowing down, so he could walk alongside the snow leopard. Even after she asked her question out of uncertainty, a cheerful smile remained on his face "I sure hope so! Still, if you're having second thoughts..." He looked over at Yukiko, waiting for a response.
The Red Blur
The Red Blur
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by ForevaYoung Thu Feb 09, 2017 5:10 am

Yukiko couldn't believe Caen took her questioning in the way that it appeared she wanted to back out. Perhaps it was the way she worded it? 

"Oh n-no, no you misinterprate what I mean." she raised her hands in defense as they continued along the sidewalk. "I only wanted to see if y-you were feeling alright about what is to come out there. I'm with you one hundred percent if it helps you in the long run." 

The violet feline lowered her hands and looked to the firey hedgehog, thinking he must be feeling all kinds of anxious. After all, there was the possibility of him meeting with a long lost family member on one hand, and butting heads with another on the other.
She then tilted her head at her own thoughts as the idea that it could be something else entirely and some sad person playing a cruel prank, or someone wanting the crimson male dead. 

"I'm not leaving you... " Yukiko trailed off before furrowing her eyebrows and standing straighter. "S-so don't think you can just send me away at the first sign of danger, okay?"

'Darn you, nerves, let me have my moment... '
ForevaYoung
ForevaYoung
Master Member
Master Member

Back to top Go down

Post by The Red Blur Thu Feb 09, 2017 11:15 pm

The hedgehog straightened his face more as the snow leopard spoke. Looking down at the ground as he walked. "Am I feeling one hundred percent?" He asked himself aloud, before shaking his head "to be honest, I'm not. All of the potential outcomes tonight, to tell the truth..." He looked over at Yukiko "...they scare me." He sighed, looking more towards the skyline ahead of him, "how would my dad react if he saw what I've become? How would I fight if it turns out it's a trap by Alastor? I don't want to answer any of these questions, because I fear that the answers may be too accurate."

The two of them, walking along the sidewalk, had finally made it to the hedgehog's apartment block, and he stopped in front of it. "Still, I'm glad I'm not the only one shouldering the burden, even if it really should be mine alone to carry."
The Red Blur
The Red Blur
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by ForevaYoung Sat Feb 11, 2017 4:05 am

A gentle smile grew on the white muzzle of the violet feline. She only knew Caen for such a short while, but if she were to be completely honest with herself, she felt like it had been weeks. 

"Its good to know that y-you're opening up a little I guess," she replied calmly. "Never feel like you face to face anything alone when you have friends who want to help you out. Especially with the amount of... baggage you're carrying, for lack of a better term."

Her gaze went opposite Caens skyward one, and she immediately found her shoes very interesting. She hoped she wasnt being too forward in the way she was chatting about these things. She absentmindedly felt for her large tail and pulled it around to play with it.

"It is alright to feel anxious about something like this... with w-what is happening tonight, you know? I mean, anyone in their right mind would be feeling the same, if not worse."

Yukiko continued to grasp her appendage but switched her gaze to the hedgehogs face again before closing her eyes as they came to a stop outside of another apartment block. "If I was your father, I would be proud of how much of a capable man you have become. You have a job, and have dealt with a lot of things yourself that not a lot of others can say they have even encountered before. Dont doubt yourself."
ForevaYoung
ForevaYoung
Master Member
Master Member

Back to top Go down

Post by ForevaYoung Sun Feb 12, 2017 2:23 am

((Sorry for the double post, but I have a question, Red. Are we keeping the RP closed even though at present there is only two of us actively in it? I don't mean to sound like that guy, but because of there only being two characters right now, you think there may be a chance if someone wants to jump in to fill the story out a little with more development? 
Just a suggestion as I am merely curious on if it will stay closed :p))
ForevaYoung
ForevaYoung
Master Member
Master Member

Back to top Go down

Post by The Red Blur Sun Feb 12, 2017 7:36 pm

Caen laughed softly "I don't think I've been in my right mind for a while. I mean, most of us would just write this off as a trap, I'd bet," he said, holding the door to the apartment block open for Yukiko, before going inside, himself.

Yukiko clearly looked very anxious. Was she worried that she had offended Caen? Either way, the hedgehog gave a reassuring smile to her, before attempting to call the elevator. Luckily, this one seemed to actually work this time, and the doors slid open, with a robotic voice announcing that they are on the ground floor.

When Yukiko spoke of how she believed Caen's father thought about him, he smiled again "do you really think so?" He asked, looking at her "that's... Oddly reassuring, coming from you. It's weird, because we've only known each other for less than a day."

((oh, yeah! Completely forgot about that. Yeah, I'll open it up, again, and see if anyone still wants to join in))
The Red Blur
The Red Blur
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by ForevaYoung Sun Feb 12, 2017 8:39 pm

Yukiko caught Caens smile at the last minute and found herself smiling back, feeling a little more reassured that she hadn't said the wrong thing to him. The hedgehog in question held open the main door for her and she graciously took the offer of walking in first, but then waited until he himself walked in front of her. After all, she had no idea where to go in here.
"Ahh at least this elevator works. The one at my place breaks at least once a week." Yukiko sighed quietly as she went inside the smallish metal box and leaned back on the mirrors decorating the inside. "I think there's some children at work breaking it all the time though. You know how kids are I'm sure."

She nodded at Caens comment to the fact they only met each other earlier on in the day, yet acted like they had known each other for much longer. Still, she thought it was very nice of the firey Mobian to even consider her words as having a positive impact on his way of thinking.
ForevaYoung
ForevaYoung
Master Member
Master Member

Back to top Go down

Post by The Red Blur Mon Feb 13, 2017 8:05 pm

The hedgehog walked into the elevator after Yukiko, pressing the button for his floor, before leaning against a wall adjacent to the one Yukiko leaned against. "Don't worry, I know how kids can be " he said, narrowing his eyes. He gave a slight chuckle at how idiotic he may have looked at that moment, before falling silent.

The doors slid open, again, and Caen quickly ushered the snow leopard out of the elevator, and along the hallway, towards his apartment. He reached for a breast pocket, feeling around before pulling out a keycard. He slid it into the reader, immediately unlocking the door with a soft 'click'. He opened the door, walking in, before holding the door open for the snow leopard, once again.

"Alright, home sweet home. Would you like anything to eat or drink, or should I just go and get ready?" The hedgehog asks, before the excusing himself and taking some dirty dishes off of the counter and placing them in the dishwasher. How disgusting of him to leave them all day.
The Red Blur
The Red Blur
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by ForevaYoung Tue Feb 14, 2017 4:47 pm

Stepping into the home of the red hedgehog made Yukiko sigh in relief. Elevators made her feel slightly enclosed and being back out in the open helped her feel more 'free'. 

"Oh, no thank you... I'm still pretty full from that breakfast." She responded politely to Caen at hearing his question. "You just take y-your time to get sorted, I'm happy to wait for you."
In the meanwhile Yukiko took her time to wander around the front of the house, casually looking over some of the decorations that made the first Mobains house his home. She always found it a nice touch to see the little personal things that helped someone feel more settled in their residence. It said a lot about them in a way, at least her her it did.
ForevaYoung
ForevaYoung
Master Member
Master Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10, 11, 12  Next