I think some Chinese Hacker Doxed the site.

Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

I think some Chinese Hacker Doxed the site. Empty Re: I think some Chinese Hacker Doxed the site.

Post by kingleon on Tue Aug 23, 2016 1:57 am

There was a popup about my device being infected. So it might be a hacker. But why would they go for a sonic roleplayin site

"Wether you choose to accept it is your choice. But one Particular always rings true in ones life, the world is a dog eat dog situation.  Despite beliving in this 'power of friendship', You'll never get anywhere if you can't handle things by yourself"

-Fulgarias The Hedgehog
kingleon
kingleon
Expert Member
Expert Member

Back to top Go down

I think some Chinese Hacker Doxed the site. Empty Re: I think some Chinese Hacker Doxed the site.

Post by spark tb on Tue Aug 23, 2016 2:03 am

If you are using a phone, the device thing may simply be a random pop-up. I know I get plenty of them regardless of where I go.
I know yesterday I couldn't access for a few hours, but nobody else seemed to be having an issue at the time. There is a very good chance it is simply forum motion having some issues on their end, or updating stuff a region at a time.

Expert Member
Expert Member

Back to top Go down

Post by The Red Blur on Tue Aug 23, 2016 8:31 am

A couple of days ago I did have issues connecting to the site. Perhaps it was something like that?

To right the countless wrongs of our day, we shine this light of true redemption. That this place may become as paradise. What a wonderful world such would be.

Fantastic art of Caen done by the damn fine Electrisa!
The Red Blur
The Red Blur
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Electrisa on Tue Aug 23, 2016 12:24 pm

I personally had no issues, but I must say that there's been instances of pop-ups going on about viruses, aaand they are just pop-ups. Adblock should do the trick!
The site does sometimes not load (for me it usually just displays a blank page with a spinning circle in the middle of it), or doesn't allow one to log in, but that's usually when the whole forumotion is down for maintenance, or is going through some little crash - sadly, like I said, it's a whole forumotion thing, and we have no control over it whatsoever :c But then again, they usually don't last long! Soo I wouldn't worry about any hackers.
And we get guests from all over the world, including multiple bots (check out some dead forumotion forums -they're riddled with random accounts spamming ad messages all across the boards), but so far none of us were murdered or hacked from the internet forever! 8D

Staff
Staff

http://electrisa.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by kingleon on Tue Aug 23, 2016 12:30 pm

I also had the problem of not being able to access the site. There was a "Guest" From China on yesterday that has a small chance of being responsible.  The thing is I also had the problem. My phone displayed all other sites then SRN

"Wether you choose to accept it is your choice. But one Particular always rings true in ones life, the world is a dog eat dog situation.  Despite beliving in this 'power of friendship', You'll never get anywhere if you can't handle things by yourself"

-Fulgarias The Hedgehog
kingleon
kingleon
Expert Member
Expert Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Uncanny-Illustrator on Tue Aug 23, 2016 2:35 pm

I can say that we have no control over the accessibility of the site for others. If you can't access the site it tends to be FORUMOTIONS problem, not SRN I fear.

There is literally nothing that we can do to stop it or fix it if you can't access the site for a while. Heck might even be your internet service in general having a site hick up big time as this has been the case before.
Uncanny-Illustrator
Uncanny-Illustrator
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Dogy9978 on Tue Aug 23, 2016 7:58 pm

I do remember a few days ago I couldn't access the site at all. Tried on phone,computer, and tablet. I'm so glad someone else noticed what happened too. thought I was the only one. I think the website had a brain fart LOL.

Dogy9978
Dogy9978
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Codename-Jack on Tue Dec 27, 2016 11:58 pm

Doxing doesn't work that way but I don't blame you for that I dropped out of the CIT major because of how complicated it was.

You're probably thinking a ddos attack. When that happens you can't get on a site because artificial traffic is slowing the server. If it happened to that many users that would be my guess. The adds are something else. Chances are a malicious add made its way onto the site.

Back to top Go down

Post by Venusvixen on Sat Jan 21, 2017 1:34 am

Oh damn. That's some pretty scary stuff. Glad I wasn't here for that. D:
Venusvixen
Venusvixen
Basic Member
Basic Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down