Hello user, SRN is now closed. Feel free to read anything you'd like, but you cannot post.
Thank you for being part of this community.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello user, SRN is now closed. Feel free to read anything you'd like, but you cannot post.
Thank you for being part of this community.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Haunted & Hunted

2 posters

Page 12 of 23 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 17 ... 23  Next

Go down

Haunted & Hunted - Page 12 Empty Re: Haunted & Hunted

Post by Dogy9978 Mon Aug 08, 2016 5:20 pm

"Yes, any of these creatures will do nicely, Maggie." Lillith looked at azzar. "Thanks but it's not like I was the one who chose that the only thing I could eat that actually matters were souls. If it was my decision, I would have loved to eat normal food." 
Dogy9978
Dogy9978
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimson Skies Mon Aug 08, 2016 6:46 pm

And so, Maggie summoned a gryphon, of all creatures. The curious beast sniffed and looked at them with its large, suspicious eyes. It then scratched its wings with its beak.

"I-I can't look." Maggie said tearfully and handed the book to Liela. She turned around just so she didn't have to see it.

The beast whined and tried to comfort her. "N-no, just leave me alone."
Crimson Skies
Crimson Skies
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Dogy9978 Mon Aug 08, 2016 7:04 pm

Liela tried to take the book but when she grabbed it, it phased through her hands and fell to the floor"Forget I can't touch things in this form". She was giving the same faces as Maggie. "I don't want to see this either" Lillith rolled her eyes. She got close to the Gryphon and tapped it so she could get its attention. "Hey, there, little guy. Would you like to see a magic trick?"
Dogy9978
Dogy9978
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimson Skies Mon Aug 08, 2016 7:16 pm

The gryphon sniffed her hand and let out a playful croak, flapping its wings.
Crimson Skies
Crimson Skies
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Dogy9978 Mon Aug 08, 2016 7:32 pm

Lillith smiled at the gryphon. It really had no idea. Lillith put both of her hands on it. "You look like you have a family to go home to... good. Now this will only hurt for a moment." Lillith opened her mouth and concentrated hard. Soon enough the soul of the gryphon was being sucked out. She didn't stop until all of it was gone. Lillith let go of the gryphon and was giving a very satisfied facial expression." Not that was delicious. Shame I can only have one"
Dogy9978
Dogy9978
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimson Skies Mon Aug 08, 2016 7:47 pm

The poor thing didn't even have any time to react. One moment it was alive, the next its withered body was laying on the ground, pale and sickly thin. It twitched a few times and let out a dying, muted croak.

The body quickly dissipated, as it was an expendable summon.

"I-I can't believe what you've done," Maggie said tearfully. "That poor creature. I brought it to the this world like cattle to a slaughter."

"Don't kid yourself," Azzar defended Lillith. "If you were attacked by a bear and had the choice of sicing your dog on it and fleeing, you would have done it, just like any other rational person."

"Just because it's convenient doesn't mean it's right."
Crimson Skies
Crimson Skies
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Dogy9978 Mon Aug 08, 2016 8:06 pm

"It's sad but Azzar has a point. " Lillith looked confused. Who was azzar? It took her a minute to put two and two together." Would you prefer I eat yours? I don't see the problem. This is the way of life for demons like me. It's always been like that. " Lillith was mad. "Plus I'm a demon! I literally am somthing that is not right."
Dogy9978
Dogy9978
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimson Skies Mon Aug 08, 2016 8:23 pm

Maggie still believed what she believed, but deemed it not worth arguing over. "Now that that's that, what are we going to do?" she asked. "After all, we caught and murdered the culprit and Lillith's fine now."

"The same thing we were doing the past six hours or so," the tentacle monster exclaimed. "We keep summoning until we find something interesting. It's not like we're short on time or anything."

"Where'd that machine go, anyway? I haven't seen it in a while." It was obviously a her, but could she assign a gender to what was just a piece of machinery, meant to help with everyday tasks?
Crimson Skies
Crimson Skies
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Dogy9978 Mon Aug 08, 2016 8:42 pm

"I don't know where Kit went. She went to visit me but I wanted to be alone so she left. Probably exploring the rest of the mansion or something. " Liela floated to the book on the floor. "You sure it is wise to stay out of your body master? Not that I don't mind the change in appearance but... remember what happened last ti-" "It's not like that anymore Lillith! It's fine." Lillith went and picked up the book. "Fine have it your way. I'll just hold the book for you." Lillith opened the book and showed the page to her master.
Dogy9978
Dogy9978
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimson Skies Mon Aug 08, 2016 8:52 pm

The part of the book with all kinds of mages again. The current page had something called a necromagi and described it as the middle ground between a lich and a regular mortal. Illustrations showed a zombie-like figure with torn robes and arrows protruding from its back. One of its legs was even bending the wrong way.

"A zombie that can cast a few spells, huh?"

Kit burst into the room, carrying Liela's body with a worried look on her face.
Crimson Skies
Crimson Skies
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Dogy9978 Mon Aug 08, 2016 9:07 pm

"Wouldn't that zombie just start eating our brains if we summon it?" Well, mayb-"Then Kit ran into the room." Whoa there Kit! You okay?! Why are you holding master's body like that? " Liela looked very worried. Why was kit holding her body?
Dogy9978
Dogy9978
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimson Skies Mon Aug 08, 2016 9:29 pm

Tap. Tap. Tap. 

"Y-you were just laying there, I though something had happened to you and I just" She didn't complete the thought and just carefully placed Liela's lifeless body on the couch.

"Is there any reason why someone would go ghastly and leave their body behind as a prank?" asked Maggie.

"It has potential," the tentacle monster admitted. "Liela should give that some thought."

The book's fine print completely disproved the whole 'brain-eating zombie' thing. It stated that the necromagi has a damaged and incomplete soul and that it feeds off of its foes' life force, with an insatiable hunger to boot. It also stated that unless provoked, necromagi are actually pretty tame and as loyal as dogs when it came to having a master.
Crimson Skies
Crimson Skies
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Dogy9978 Mon Aug 08, 2016 9:49 pm

Liela Levitated towards Kit. "Oh, I'm sorry. I should have told you. I assure you it was not intentional." "Aww, I thought you finally gave in to the ghost urges to scare people." Liela giggled "Ghost urges? " Then she read the book." This zombie seems safe enough. Let's summon it. "
Dogy9978
Dogy9978
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimson Skies Mon Aug 08, 2016 10:07 pm

The zombie was summoned and the pictures were, again, completely accurate. Torn clothes, rotting skin, a horrible stench that filled the room – all the usual traits of the steteotypical zombie were present. It was a bit surprising, however, when the thing spoke. "Mas... ter." Granted, it was a single, gutteral word broken into two parts, but it was a lot more than the tested and expected 'brains'.

Tap. Tap. Tap.

"I-I need either yours or Lillith's help for a personal matter. I'd prefer you Liela, since I trust you just a bit more. No offense, Lillith."
Crimson Skies
Crimson Skies
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Dogy9978 Mon Aug 08, 2016 10:20 pm

Liela gave kit a weird look. "Sure I'll help you with whatever it is you need. Lillith your-i mean Azzar, you're in charge" "WHAT" "Oh come on Lillith calm down. Just for a little bit" Liela flew very close to the tentacle monster. "Make sure she doesn't do anything insane ok" Then Liela went and possessed her body. "okay just take me to where you'd like me to help you." Lillith looked like she was about to kill someone.
Dogy9978
Dogy9978
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimson Skies Mon Aug 08, 2016 11:11 pm

The zombie barely noticed that anything had happened, but he did know he had a new master now. Although he seemed sluggish, with enough anger and motivation, he was as effective as any other age, with the bonus of not being able to die through regular means.

"Mas...ter?" it asked and shuffled towards Lillith. "Pur...pose? Hun...ger. Sooouls..." 'What can I do for you, master?' it meant to say. 'My hunger for souls is ever so present.' But the words did not come out the way he wanted them to.

"Why don't you sit down and wait for her?" Maggie commanded it.
Crimson Skies
Crimson Skies
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Dogy9978 Mon Aug 08, 2016 11:25 pm

Lillith looked at the zombie. "You like souls too. Nice but sadly there is no one to kill here." Lillith turned to Azzar. "Well, what do you want us to do?"
Dogy9978
Dogy9978
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimson Skies Mon Aug 08, 2016 11:36 pm

"I dunno," the tentacle monster said. "Maybe test its strengh out on something?"

"There was a companion book to the Book of Summons, aptly named the Book of Dungeons," Maggie explained. "Basically, like playing those old board games, but with you being literally inside the game world. It's exceedindly rare, though."

The zombie however, had his own way to pass time. He waddled towards a chair, took out an ukulele and started playing an upbeat tune. It sounded pretty good for someone with broken fingers.

Maggie and probably everyone else in the room was hoping he didn't begin singing.
Crimson Skies
Crimson Skies
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Dogy9978 Mon Aug 08, 2016 11:42 pm

"We can go inside a game?! A dungeon game?! That sounds amazing!" Lillith was moving her head to the rhythm  of the uke
Dogy9978
Dogy9978
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimson Skies Mon Aug 08, 2016 11:50 pm

"I know, right?" Maggie continued. "But because powerful mages used it to trap victims within unescapable death mazes, copies were burned. I don't think there exists a single complete edition, though I have seen half-charred pages on the black market." The voidwalker then woke up and decided to add something to the conversation instead of just snoring all the time.

"There exists another," she muttered. "A single copy lies within the school's library. Locked behind bars, protected by powerful monsters and constructs, a dungeon in of itself lies between you and your desire to use it."

"So w're what, going on a heist?" The tentacle monster asked.
Crimson Skies
Crimson Skies
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Dogy9978 Mon Aug 08, 2016 11:57 pm

"A HEIST!!! YESS PLEASE. BUT WAIT!!! How in the world are we going to pull that off?" Lillith looked at the voidwalker for some answers on how to do such a thing. "I'm not exactly the most powerful."
Dogy9978
Dogy9978
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimson Skies Tue Aug 09, 2016 12:06 am

"We start by not being such downers," The tentacle monster said, having been on a few heists before. "There's five of us, darn it. We'll make do with whatever it throws at us and you know why? Because we're a team." That was a motivational speech, if he ever gave one. Morale played quite the role.

"But first things first, "He grabbed the books and turned the second page. "I need you to bind all four of us to you. If we leave house without that, we're just gonna disappear."
Crimson Skies
Crimson Skies
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Dogy9978 Tue Aug 09, 2016 12:16 am

"Nice speech." Lillith was giving a little clap. "I'm fine with the bound thing. It's no problem to me." Lillith was just excited that this was going to happen.
Dogy9978
Dogy9978
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimson Skies Tue Aug 09, 2016 12:28 am

The binding was simple, if not a bit disappointing in its simplicity.

"Right, the next thing we need is a map," The tentacle monster wanted to say more, but the voidwalker interrupted him by unrolling a large sheet of paper. Given how large it was and her lack of a bag or a container for said scroll, one had to wonder where she kept it all this time.

"I tried the raid myself numerous times, but failed," she told them and started highlighting specific points of the map with her magic.. "It's at least a five-man dungeon. Big ones located here, here and here; lots of proverbial and literal demonic spiders here and here."

"Proper equipment," Maggie added in. "We're going to need that, as well as a plan."
Crimson Skies
Crimson Skies
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Dogy9978 Tue Aug 09, 2016 12:43 am

"That's a big map. But where in the world are we going to get proper equipment? I trust you guys might know a place Becuase I don't." Lillith was thinking of how to obtain the book.
Dogy9978
Dogy9978
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 23 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 17 ... 23  Next