Hello user, SRN is now closed. Feel free to read anything you'd like, but you cannot post.
Thank you for being part of this community.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello user, SRN is now closed. Feel free to read anything you'd like, but you cannot post.
Thank you for being part of this community.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tying up loose ends.

3 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Tying up loose ends. - Page 2 Empty Re: Tying up loose ends.

Post by The Red Blur Wed Jul 20, 2016 11:03 pm

"You'd be surprised how many humans are pretty good guys. Although, I'll be honest, a lot are pretty self-absorbed, much like any Mobian, but they're usually harmless, I say." Caen said, smiling. He listened to Shrike's words about Arkgate, and stood up "wow... You... You actually did it, huh? No wonder their signals completely disappeared, recently... I was trying to do the same thing as you, you see. I... I hope that people will finally accept you, then. Now, back to the point at hand!" Caen turned to Tala, looking at the wound on her shoulder again. "It seems a bullet is lodged in her shoulder. Not deep, mind you, but it's still there. Do you have anything I could use to get it out?" He asked towards Shrike.
The Red Blur
The Red Blur
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Shrike Marine Thu Jul 21, 2016 9:27 am

" I was almost destroyed in that last fight...I hope it was enough to stop them...any way...whether the world accepts me for who I am or not..I doubt I will find that answer, the bounty is still out there...that has not changed...but let's see what we have here."

-Shrike moved close to Tala until he was right upon her, kneeling down she now could see every bit of detail of his gear and who he was, his armor was well worn, scrapes, scorch marks, bullet impacts but the most distinct was a 3 deep claw slash across the right side of his chest armor.

He placed a single hand on her shoulder checking the gunshot wound, thankfully to what he found it was a pistol shot, not to dangerous but still painful to take one, not being a medic at all, he had but one option, He pulls out what seemed to be a tiny packet, tearing the open from it, he dosed a small bit of this power onto the gunshot wound zone.

A few seconds drift by, this drug was used to lift the pain of her shoulder, taking the edge right off, next Shrike pulled out of what could only be described as a long thick pair of tweezers, he inserted it into the gun shot wound and with one huge tug, ripped the impacted shell clear out of her shoulder, tossing it away onto the soft grass, cause the drug would not last forever, and thus he handed Caen a tiny roll of bandage for him to finish the job.-

" Alright...that should do it...for the bullet, it's out...a bit of a harsh way to do it..but it's all I got to get it out, Caen finish off with that last bit of bandage...make sure you cover it well...its all I got left....gonna need to find some more medical stuff soon....But there you go Tala, you will be fine now."

-Shrike moved himself away a bit from her and sat there with his arms slung over his knees, watching Caen finish off the last of the bandage, like his usual self, he kinda went back to being a little with drawn and quiet, cause he was thinking now...thinking of what needs to be done, what happened before...and upon something he heard from Dr. Hayden.-
Shrike Marine
Shrike Marine
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by ForevaYoung Fri Jul 22, 2016 1:21 am

At the point of contact, Tala unwillingly flinched and stared right at Shrike, who had placed a hand on her wounded shoulder to get a better look at her injury. She looked over his armour to see that it was well worn and had the battle marks to prove it. She gently placed her fingers on the area of the chest that was scratched deeply and ran them along the indentations in curiosity at what could have possibly happened.

Tala heard a rustling from behind her ear and glanced up to see the taller human opening a small plastic package. Guessing what was about to happen, she braced herself for the pain. 

Upon feeling a gritty sensation on the hole in her shoulder, it stung a little but then it slowly faded away to a slight tingle. She frowned in confusion but shook it off once she smelled her own blood and felt a painless prodding in where the pain should have been.

" Alright...that should do it...for the bullet, it's out...a bit of a harsh way to do it..but it's all I got to get it out, Caen finish off with that last bit of bandage...make sure you cover it well...its all I got left....gonna need to find some more medical stuff soon....But there you go Tala, you will be fine now."

That was all she needed to hear to make her turn around to face the two. She waved her hand with a soft look directed mostly towards the hedgehog who had been given bandages.

"Don't worry too much about it, Caen," She muttered softly. "The experimentation had some benefits that came with the package. It'll be healed completely by the end of the day." She looked back to Shrike who had sat down to rest of a little while so she included him in the conversation even if he had moved away from them. 

"The DNA I was bonded with... it accelerated my healing abilities. Personally the only good thing to come out of the whole mess in my opinion. Now you know why they 'let us go' so often."
ForevaYoung
ForevaYoung
Master Member
Master Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Shrike Marine Sat Jul 23, 2016 12:47 pm

-Shrike had a understanding of why she had been captured and why she had under went this experimentation process, no doubt it was all connected to the bigger picture of things, he lifted his head to wonder the stars above him, it just seemed every step forward was met by 5 more back, just when he thought it was coming to a end when in fact it was just the beginning, He knew of experimentation on beings before even ArkGate, he just never knew the extent of it.

-Shrike watched Caen go to work, no doubt in 24 hours the wounds would be totally healed he was going to make sure no potential infection would set in, before shifting his head to the horizon, Shrike still longed for a day he could go back to being normal, but he knew as long as H.R.C was out there...that would be impossible, while his head was turned else where his attention went back to Tala who explained her experimented gained abilities.

He had a feeling she was one of the subjects under testing for a even worse fate then she possibly knew, to become one of "them" in the final run of things.-

" Your experimentation I believe was just the building blocks to a fate worse then you had now...this all was just a testing phase..my guess is they were wanting to see if you were going to be a viable applicant for Project Evolution, the creation and deployment of super being soldiers...which is their latest project..they round up innocents from isolated villages and towns..bring them to the testing facilities...and begin the process..those who do not meet the standards are terminated on site...those who pass are shipped off to become one of them.

Ever since the failure of Arkgate they been looking for something new, H.R.C didn't start off like this..they were once a forward thinking corporation that did what was best for the planet...but money..and power drove them well over the edge...now all ethnics are gone...all they want is more..more power..more technology, more wealth..and they don't care how they get it...they will...I know...I was trapped in a situation that showed me who they really were. We paid a heavy price one that I will never forget or forgive"

-Shrike stopped at that point, turned his back to them, watching the far horizon..as the moon lit the landscape.-
Shrike Marine
Shrike Marine
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by ForevaYoung Sun Jul 24, 2016 2:35 pm

((OOC: Wait, whos supposed to be next? If its me, I'm sorry for the hold up!))
ForevaYoung
ForevaYoung
Master Member
Master Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Shrike Marine Sun Jul 24, 2016 3:16 pm

( Yea it is you, If one does not respond in 24 hours the next person goes. )
Shrike Marine
Shrike Marine
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by ForevaYoung Mon Jul 25, 2016 5:31 pm

((Right, my bad for replying so late, but I've been busy the past couple of days and should have said.))

Tala looked down at her hands that we're stained with blood that had dried into her fur and left it matted and hard in some places. She was used for the progress of making super soldiers? This boiled her blood. She had seen something describing a sort of first draft on what they wanted to do to make them,  but never paid any real mind to it. 

"These 'super soldiers', they wouldn't happen to be the result of a human and Mobian fused together, would it? A hybrid if you will?"

She felt physically sick at the vivid images of some messed up Mobians who had been brought in as a way of warning the others what would happen to them if they misbehaved. The metagene they had developed previously was severely unstable and the end result was nothing short of gruesome. 

That wasn't even the worst part. The ones that came out remotely acceptable looking had a zombie like feel to them. They always held a blank, far away stare with clouded eyes not really ever looking at anything. It was quite terrifying to see one of those abominations in action. 

"I know they've developed a sort of upgraded version,  and I'd heard rumours that there were a special few who became ...uhhh I wanna say 'alphas', but they soon became too difficult to control and were conveniently disposed of like toys they grew bored of. I understand that what myself and the others I've seen have gone through, but to literally just come into the world only to be thrown away like that is nothing short of inhumane."

Leaning against a nearby tree, Tala once again found her gaze on her hands,  only just then noticing her claws we're still present even though she was completely calm. She looked to Caen, then to Shrike and closed her eyes with a sigh. 

"Shrike, was it? I only want one thing to be answered. If you can do that then I'll know for sure what I'm up against. Have they started to use the DNA from myself in the hybrids yet? I only ask because I remember them telling me that I was a part in the future,  but wouldn't live to see it happen."
ForevaYoung
ForevaYoung
Master Member
Master Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Shrike Marine Mon Jul 25, 2016 6:26 pm

-Shrike listen to her words, indeed she was right about this so called rumors and information she heard, it was all true..all of it, H.R.C were indeed developing a hybrid soldier, but for who and why, well that information was not out yet, Shrike knew she wanted to know more, he was just hoping she was not getting any ideas about taking on the H.R.C herself, that along was text book suicide, even he dared not to face the full brunt of them

He knew how powerful they were and what kind of odds they would be at, but he had a feeling, revenge may be on her list upon what they did to her, what they had done to others and what they were going to do to many more. 

Shrike slowly turned his head back to her, the faceless armored figure moved near her and  stood by her side, of course he was going to explain something or things that he knew would only anger her more, but she wanted to know this so he would say it.-

" You may not like what I am going to tell you but you are right in all 3 sections, H.R.C is developing a prototype super soldier..based on merging DNA of human and Mobian together to create a superior soldier, stronger, faster, intelligent, agile, durable and programmed with the latest knowledge on fighting, they follow order with out question and are extremely effective at what they do..H.R.C use them to round up civilians due to there lighting speed attacks and effectiveness. 

These...Alpha you refer to are those who have a gift..a gift they want to exploit...the Alpha's have a extreme potent psychic  ability, far greater then any normal being, these Alpha are sent to a hidden base where they are changed into what they call...the commanders, these commanders are responsible for leading these new soldiers, they take control of them using there powerful like psychic ability, for with out that link...the soldiers are useless...they stand dormant, unable to move or do any thing. As in like you said..turning some one into a viable commander takes a bit of a toll...with enough psychic amplifications they could control the soldiers..but they lost their minds and were so far gone..no one could control them...any failure is immediately disposed of....of course now they have only a limit on the number of Alpha's they want...it back fired a bit a while ago...resulted in many many H.R.C deaths..

Your DNA ? there would be a very good chance your DNA was kept during the testing...if they had a severe interest in you...then it is a given...what ever special ability you had...it is a good bet they will attempt to replicate it and give it to the newer batch of those soldiers.

H.R.C also tends to try and cover passed failure by eliminating any personal, AKA witnesses....Such failures like Arkgate, resulted in the death of over 500 plus personal....as far as I know...there was only one survivor."

-Shrike stopped there, he said a lot already and now he had to see how she was wanting to take it, of course if she burst out of anger and wanted revenge he was going to have to reason with her on why that was a bad idea.-
Shrike Marine
Shrike Marine
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by The Red Blur Tue Jul 26, 2016 2:08 pm

((well, I've no idea how to jump back into this one. Don't you think 24 hours is a teeny bit too little?))
The Red Blur
The Red Blur
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Shrike Marine Tue Jul 26, 2016 8:50 pm

( Well it was established before then it would be 24 hours, so I would like to keep it that way. )
Shrike Marine
Shrike Marine
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by ForevaYoung Thu Jul 28, 2016 7:54 pm

Taking the information in as best as she could regardless of the dire situation at hand, Tala put her hand to her chin in thought. She knew there was shady business going on here,but was only able to  gather information through the grapevine. Many of the scientists that had been around would be informed of some goings on around the facility and tlk amongst themselves about it, not realising that they were potentially giving out critical information due to their thoughts that Mobians were idiotic creatures that didn't understand what was going on around them.

"I have a feeling my DNA has been retrieved. The healing ability that has been forced upon me would help their soldiers recover much faster than a normal human or Mobian would. Only issue is...the anger problems, not to mention the lack of control without heavy intense training."

She looked up to the sky as a lone tear slowly fell down her muzzle. She had lost so much of her life. She didn't know her parents, only that they were murdered right before her very eyes as she was stolen away, and all she ever knew from then on was needles and torture.

"I... I want to make them pay.To have them feel what they've done to us and see how they like it. But... but I don't want to give them that satisfaction. They don't deserve an easy death, they need to feel the same suffering all of us here have been through. I only wish I could bring myself to do so without this damn energy taking over for once."

Tala played with the silver bracelet on her left wrist, still unsure about why her captors insisted on her wearing these things. Nobody else had them which confused the crimson-snow female even more.

"I guess you will be continuing your mission here then?"
ForevaYoung
ForevaYoung
Master Member
Master Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Shrike Marine Thu Jul 28, 2016 8:18 pm

-Shrike was listening, tho he was not looking at her he was well aware of what she was saying, feeling the anger among her words, a anger he to felt for what happen to him, for it was the same people that caused his world to turn upside down -

He knew all to well what ever special attribute she had..would now be in the hands of the corporation, give them enough time and soon the soldiers would be able to heal faster, only making the situation harder. Perhaps something lighter would at least up lift her spirits.-

" You know...you are not the first I set free...no..in fact I manage to free a lot so far...never heard or saw them again..I guess they ran...I would to...run as far away as I could and go embrace that freedom... they couldn't fight for them self...so I decided to..because all of them deserved a better tomorrow...my mission here now is no longer viable...with the complex on full alert...I would be riddled with weapons fire before I could even get to the door....

" You will have your chance...seems with your new found freedom you are deciding to fight rather then to run, well...I am glad to see I am not the only one standing against them. But I suggest you return from once you came, whether it would be your friends, family..or some one close...you don't want to loose it trust me.... I have non of those to loose, I can not run from them, I can not hide from them all I can do is face them...and while I lost what ever I had...I can always make sure others do not loose theirs." 

-Shrike had a ever increasing grip on his hand, the sound of the black glove rustling from the tension it was under marked his heighten anger and hatred to the Corporation that had destroyed so much, who took lives away, treated living beings as if they were nothing more then toys and would do any thing in their power to cover and hide the truth he was watching the compound very very closely.-
Shrike Marine
Shrike Marine
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by ForevaYoung Sun Jul 31, 2016 7:46 pm

Maroon ears twitched at the sound of the strained material against the taller humans hands as he gave off an aura of anger directed -not at her thankfully- but rather that the subject at hand. He really did hold a lot of resentment towards his own kind who allowed such atrocities to happen. Understanding that at that point in the past he was merely a silent soldier who did the dirty work for them, Tala sighed when she tried to look at the covered face of the one she was conversing with. Her sapphire eyes glittered against the moonlight as her feelings we're written all over her face for once. She had let her guard down for the first time in what felt like ever, but never understood why she felt like she could trust this one human who she had literally only met a few hours ago. 

"I... I want to fight. For my freedom,  and the freedom of everyone this disgusting place has wronged." She stated with a strong voice that began to waver slightly towards the end.  "But... I-I'm scared. Terrified actually... What if... What if they find me,  or another one of us and take us back again? What if they've somehow put something in us to keep track of us? What if...we're never truely free...?"

She half closed her eyes and once again looked up at the glowing orb floating calmly in the glittering sky. She sat on a nearby rock ams brought her tail around to her front to play with it as a melancholy air took her over.

"You've never failed me, you know?" She spoke to the moon. "Whenever I needed someone to talk to before, you were always there. Always listening." She turned her head back to Shrike with a sheepish glance.

"I'm sorry, I know it must look unusual to see someone talking to an inanimate object...but it is the only thing I could ever really converse with...old habits die hard I guess."

Last edited by ForevaYoung on Sun Jul 31, 2016 9:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
ForevaYoung
ForevaYoung
Master Member
Master Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Shrike Marine Sun Jul 31, 2016 8:18 pm

-Shrike eventually let his grip go, he knew what happen's when he builds up to much aggression, he becomes dangerous, last thing he wants is to suddenly snap and hurt some one of which he had no intention to do so. Shrike to say the least some times felt ashamed to be human after what he saw and went through but like all of that, it was in the past, what mattered was the here and now.

-As she looked up at him he slowly shifted his head to look at her, she couldn't see his face, just the cold metal light brown helmet with it's distinct dark blue visor and red goggles on the top, Shrike had no special powers or abilities of his own, he was in all honesty a normal person, a ordinary guy...trapped in a extra ordinary situation that he could not run or hide from.

She spoke of fighting back, but he knew the cost of that, by committing to fight, he knew very well she would loose her freedom forever, as he had lost his, no matter where he would go or do, they would be after him. He spoke in a very quiet and concern tone, muffled and distorted by the helmet he wore.-

"It is a dangerous choice Tala, I understand you want to free others, I understand you want to fight back for your's and others freedom, but at the same time you will risk loosing yours for the rest of your life.

The more you fight, the more they will be after you, they will go to the end's of the world to find you and take you down, your freedom will be lost. You will be trapped in a world where no matter where you run, where you hide, behind every corner, behind ever door...could be your last. It is a price I have paid.

Some times the needs of the many...out way that of the few, I can't run forever I am just one man against untold numbers. I am fighting for their freedom, because I know what it is like to have it taken away. Will we ever be truly free ? Yes...yes I believe we can be.

Do no be ashamed of speaking to such things Tala, I did so myself after I escaped Arkgate, I had no one around me for years, nothing but myself, my gear and my own mind, I often found myself talking to the world around me, the stars, the moon, even something like my rifle, truth be told I trust them more then any thing, they saved me, protected me, watched over me and never abandoned me.

" I don't want you to get mixed up in all of this..I think you have suffered enough as it is already, and I do not want to see you suffer any more...only they will suffer." 

Shrike Marine
Shrike Marine
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by ForevaYoung Sun Jul 31, 2016 9:36 pm

Completely understanding the words of the human, Tala still felt her ears fall down in shame. She wasn't strong enough to go through anything more than what she had already. She knew that. After all, she never knew a thing about the world outside of her 'cage'. It would only be a matter of time before something was to happen to halt everything though.

"I wouldn't know what to do though. I have nowhere to call my home. I've been in this world for so long alone, there is nobody or place I can return to. All I've known is to fight for survival and never once taking life for granted. What can you possibly do when there is nothing in the world that can even prove you exist?"

Tala stood up briskly and dusted herself off before walking off from the clearing they were standing in and back into the thick of the forest. "I have no knowledge of the way the world is,who is in charge... heh, I've never even gone to school...but I am willing to learn."

She knew that a revenge mission was one that was a dangerous and difficult path. She only ever knew pain and suffering, but now had the chance to just walk away and have some form of a life worth living. She would need to begin from the very bottom though. She didn't want to fight any more, but somewhere in the back of her head told her that it would ever be that easy to just walk away from. 

Turning halfway back to only show one side of her face, she gave a strangely happy smile - a rare sight - and simply nodded, the action more towards herself than anyone else. She hesitantly looked back ahead to the trees, and the slight lighting of the city beyond. She had been in a city once, but only to steal scraps of food to survive. Would the possibility of entering society even be something she could do?

"Humans and Mobians...they live together, don't they? If I was to join the normal world out there...I would have to face my fears -face the humans- Right?"
ForevaYoung
ForevaYoung
Master Member
Master Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Shrike Marine Sun Jul 31, 2016 10:00 pm

" You will learn to adjust to your new world Tala. You be surprised on how quickly you will learn to live a life, but one thing is for sure, those scars...those memories will never leave you. They will always be in the back of your mind, but out there...in your new life you will learn to keep them locked away and enjoy the life that was taken from you, out there in the vast world, any thing and every thing is out there for you, all you gotta do is find it. I believe I found you for a reason, seems fate has given you another chance at a life, but what you do with it...that is up to you Tala.

-Shrike noticed her return to the confines of the woods, it was a dark and isolated place in the dead of night, of course he followed, he would not just simply let her wonder off while still in fairly close proximity to the compound she had been held at, perhaps seeking shelter in the woods was far better then standing out in the open for all to see.-

" You will learn lots of things, people will show you kindness, it does exist it is not a myth, still a lot of good in the world, but like you and I we were shown the bad side, the corrupt, dark and evil. It is when you see it for yourself..you will feel and understand there is more to living beings of this world...then the darkness you have come to know.

Humans and Mobian's side by side in the world, living together, friends or even loved ones we may look different on the out side but we are far more like each other on the inside then we probably know, I know you have a reluctant fear of our kind, to be honest I do not blame you, mankind is pushed by greed, power , wealth and war. It is what we do best, but at least hear me on this, in the normal world we are just like you, kind and caring, wanting to help others and make the world a better place for all.

-Shrike looked back over his shoulder in the order direction, what she did not know was that if she chose to go, he would not be able to go with her, he lost his freedom a while ago, and any venture into dense populated areas would result in him being captured or worse...terminated, he had a war to fight a war for freedom.- 

" The choice is your's Tala but whether you go or stay...my fight goes on, as much as I want the same as you do a normal life, I do not have that option any more, can't risk putting more innocent lives in danger, I don't want a repeat of Arkgate." 

-Shrike looked at her one last time before leaving her alone so she could think about what she wanted, this was her choice after all, she had to make it, Shrike had to carry on with what was before him. He didn't seem to be heading towards the facility no he was heading into the woods. She still only knew very little on who this armored figure was only but his intentions to help those trapped.-
Shrike Marine
Shrike Marine
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by ForevaYoung Wed Aug 03, 2016 4:49 pm

Tala stopped and thought about what the armoured human had said to her. He spoke of people actually showing kindness to her, that she would be able to keep the darkness away when she was free. She wanted it badly,  but one thought kept circling her mind. One that never truely left since she thought of her potential freedom. 

"And if they somehow follow me? Or find me in my so called 'new life'? What would I do about them then? "

She wasn't sure it would be so easy. There was always going to be that little niggle in the back of her mind,  telling her that she wasn't safe. 

Could she learn to live with it? Or would it drive her mad before she even got to the point of living a free life. 

Tala couldn't understand the real reason as to why Shrike couldn't do the same,  but she put it down to his pride. He had done something unforgivable in the past and this was his way of making it up to the ones that he wronged. She thought it unfair to constantly put yourself under so much pressure, but who was she to judge when she had only been outside for a matter of mere hours?
ForevaYoung
ForevaYoung
Master Member
Master Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Shrike Marine Wed Aug 03, 2016 7:19 pm

-Shrike didn't have the heart to tell her why he was doing this, all she knew about him were 2 things, one he was a former soldier assigned to protect one of their numerous facilities and two and event he brought up a few times called "ArkGate" other from that nothing else was know, no ties to any one else, no history of him, or even what he looked like, but the truth was he thought telling her that infact the reason he was doing this was because he was forced into a nightmare created by H.R.C and because he was a witness of the ordeal they wanted him dead or captured.

It was perhaps after that event Shrike saw the un doing of H.R.C when before he had been lead to believe the corporations motives were in the best interest of the world, the strange rumors, shadows, voices and other strange things were just fake, but when it happened.

That is when Shrike saw what was going on, he knew there was no going back now, while unable to pose a threat to H.R.C in full force he could free captives in some poorly defended zones, he to didn't know if going back to a normal life was possible, could he deal with it ? Well not even he knew.

Shrike didn't know what she wanted more, but it was best not to influence her, rather yet let her make her own choice in this situation, any further thought was finally cut short by a distinct scream for help, some one was in trouble and perhaps Shrike's next attempt to help, he wasted no time and was once more in hot pursuit heading towards where the voice echoed from, making sure his weapon was fully loaded, he flips to infrared vision and continues his chase through the darken woods.-
Shrike Marine
Shrike Marine
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by ForevaYoung Wed Aug 10, 2016 5:36 pm

Tala's ears perked at the distinct cry. Turning to see if the mysterious human had also heard the distress, she found him retreating into the woodland area, readying his weapon as he pelted along the grassy terrain.

Feeling conflicted, but also knowing she needed to return the favor of freeing her, Tala took off behind Shrike, her bare feet padding silently on the ground as she picked up speed to catch up to him. The cry was getting steadily louder, making her fold her ears back a little at the thought of another suffering. She would help out because she felt she was obligated to, and also because she wanted whomever it was that was crying out to know they were not alone out here. 

Her bodysuit snagged on a few lower tree branches, ripping it along her chest and legs, slowing her down momentarily. 

"Damn trees."
ForevaYoung
ForevaYoung
Master Member
Master Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Shrike Marine Wed Aug 10, 2016 5:59 pm

-Shrike moved left to right, over debris and under it as well, fairly quick and nimble for some one wearing armor, the screams were cut off by the sounds of gun fire, he had only one thing going through his mind at this point. H.R.C is at it again, he must move to stop them before they can extract more civilians.

Fortunately this time he would not be going in alone, as evident of her following close behind, perhaps now he would get to see what she was capable of that and if she was ready to take them on, her chance for revenge was at hand.

checking his gear quickly, Shrike moves towards the end of the woodland line and beyond can see various and multiple heat sources, his helmet relays information that the targets are confirmed Mobians and unknown personal, this meant those who were busy attacking the innocents were hired guns, mercenaries or bounty hunters, he had seen this before, H.R.C usually contracted such beings to do their dirty were as means of remaining off the radar. 

Shrike now pushes himself to sprint, he moves faster and faster, nearing a sudden drop to the valley below. With out a second through he leaps off the ledge, suddenly he shoots up into the sky, seems like Shrike got himself a fancy new piece of tech, a Jump jet pack, he eases down onto the ground, as soon as he hit he starts shooting, wasting no time, a gun fight takes place as the lone armored figure takes on about 6-7 bounty hunters, civilians run scared as the battle ramps up.

However soon Shrike finds himself surrounded, but he simply refuses to just quit and keeps up his attack, trying to buy time for the civilians to escape.-
Shrike Marine
Shrike Marine
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by ForevaYoung Wed Aug 10, 2016 10:15 pm

((I'm starting to think this should have been put in the 1x1 RPs))

Tala spotted Shrike suddenly take off into the sky above. She wasn't expecting something like that to happen so her face told of her evident surprise as she gasped aloud when she realised the reason behind him taking unexpected flight out of the blue.

A large opening was right in front of her as she came to a halt, digging her bare feet into the ground hard in order to stop herself from running right off of the edge and into the deep crevice below. It was a long way down upon closer inspection from the female, and she was glad she managed to stop before she ran too far.

Tala glanced across to the human who had landed safely on the opposite side and was now in combat with a group of Mobians donned in armour that was almost identical to the ones the humans the two killed before. She wasn't sure of her own physical abilities yet, but now seemed to be as good a time than ever to test how strong her legs were.

She took a few paces backwards before pushing herself back into a full sprint before jumping when she was right at the edge of the ledge. It felt like time was going at half the normal rate as she slowly opened her eyes that she never realised she had closed in anticipation just before jumping forward. 

She was going to make it!

The ground was coming up fast... too fast for her to see that she was the tiniest bit too far away from the other side. She began to panic a little as she began to reach her arms out in order to grab onto the opposite ledge with a death grip.She dug her feet in to the side of the surface she had attached on to, feeling her claws coming out to aid in her grip.

Taking a few moments to regain herself, she clambered up less than gracefully to get back on to solid ground. She took a quick look over herself, only to find her tail had puffed up in her fear of falling down to her death and she began to blush in embarrassment, grabbing her tail to try and smooth it back down before anyone else noticed.
ForevaYoung
ForevaYoung
Master Member
Master Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Shrike Marine Wed Aug 10, 2016 10:34 pm

-Seemed like his distraction had paid off, the bounty hunts her ceased trying to contain their hostages and were now actively attacking the armored figure, trying to pin him down, Shrike could only now and then pop his head over to shoot off a few rounds before hitting the deck, he was in a dangerous place.

Shrike took a large inhale, rising to his feet, moving and shooting while on the move, tossing a small cylinder like object, this object went off with a bang generating a terrible white light blinding any one unfortunate enough to be there, this bought him some time and as result was able to put down two of the bounty hunters.

His good luck however ran out a shot fired by the third bounty hunter struck him on the left shoulder, a weak point in his armor, the shot sent him onto his back, his gun flung from his grasp, clenching his shoulder he saw the bounty hunter slowly walk towards him. In a desperate attempt Shrike tried to crawl his way towards his weapon of choice, but was brutally interrupted by the bounty hunter who drove his boot straight onto the hand of Shrike.-

"So looks like I am going to collect my bounty after all, I am going to get a fortune for being the one who killed the renegade soldier, you have been a problem in our operation for the last and final time, got any last words..."

"Take me out, and some one will continue the fight against you, H.R.C will never win this, they damned them self to failure, what goes around comes around, If you going to hell I will be waiting for your sorry ass you pathetic excuse for a mobian, can't even seen what they doing to your kind, you just want the money...you deserve to go to hell!" 
Shrike Marine
Shrike Marine
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by ForevaYoung Wed Aug 10, 2016 11:18 pm

Tala snapped her attention to the Mobian who had gained a sort of advantage against Shrike and she felt her anger rising. He helped her out when she needed it, she had to do something.

But could she fight? She wasn't sure seeing as this predicament was different to earlier where she was literally only protecting herself and let her instincts take over. Even then she got hurt in the process. She unconsciously rubbed her hand gently over her shoulder where she had been shot previously to feel it was healing just as she said it would.

Her ears twitched to attention upon hearing the Mobian who now held Shrike in a tight grip talk about collecting a bounty and she felt instincts go into overdrive, but at the same time, she felt that hurting a fellow Mobian was wrong.

Wasn't it?

Shaking her head, she focused on helping her savior. Returning a debt was top of the list,anything else would come in second. She closed her eyes and focused what energy she had into a single point, which made a shadowy aura begin to encase her body. She felt a rush of power, and before she even had time to think, she had already grabbed the bounty hunter and held him up by the throat, her other hand had sharp claws out and were threatening to pierce the Mobians throat.

"I'll give you some last words, you piece of filth. betraying your own kind to help humans is unforgivable! I should kill you where you stand."

She glanced behind her to where Shrike was still on the ground to make sure he was alright before turning around to face her captor. "Shrike, what should I do? I can kill him on the spot, but I think you should have a say. You wanna do it?" 
ForevaYoung
ForevaYoung
Master Member
Master Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Shrike Marine Wed Aug 10, 2016 11:56 pm

-Shrike thought it was all over, he thought this bounty hunter would be the ones to finally silence the last and only witness of their previous terrible disaster, Arkgate. Killing Shrike would finally hide it all.

In all honesty, Shrike was not scared of staring down the barrel of a weapon, he had avoided and cheat death a good few times already that he had almost become immune to the sense of his life being taken.

Of course that day was not today. Shrike clenching his shoulder on the ground, saw a darker side to her, the shadowy aura sweeping her body, her claws out, it was as if something had possessed her, clearly Shrike had no idea what he was looking at, but what he did know was that she was indeed powerful, probably more then he or her knew, with her speed he watch as she rendered the bounty hunter defenseless.

He had rarely seen Mobian fighting a Mobian, usually its was human's fighting them, or some other force. He didn't know what her intention was, was she doing this because she was enraged or was it because she was trying to protect Shrike.

" Whoa whoa slow down there lady, perhaps hear me out on this one, you see that armored being laying on the ground, do you know how much trouble he has caused, do you know he is wanted by the authorities...the price on his head is huge, he is a criminal, a rouge..a renegade...kill him..not only will you become a hero..but you will be wealthy..huh..huh?" 

Glancing up at them, he could see the bounty hunter reaching for something, it was a his side arm, a pistol, he knew at this point he had make the choice quickly.

"Tala! Kill him! Quickly he is pulling out his side arm! He is going to shoot you!"

-Shrike was hoping she would have the force and control to kill one of her own kind, for if she did not, this could very well be her last taste of life, before he would pull the trigger on her.-
Shrike Marine
Shrike Marine
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by ForevaYoung Thu Aug 11, 2016 7:21 pm

"You obviously haven't been around here for very long, hunter." Tala growled lowly as her eyes darkened and narrowed to slits. "If you were you would know that there are those of us here are different. We have abilities that you could only begin to imagine."

She sneered darkly at the bounty hunter in her grasp. Shrike had just given her the go ahead to kill him, mainly because he was going to try and sneak a gun into the picture. She wanted to play a little though. He may be Mobian but he had the disgusting stench that reminded her of the humans she had grown to hate with every fiber or her being.

Hey, experimentation does that to a girl okay?

She looked down right to where the male was trying to release his weapon from, only to find it had gotten snagged on a loosely hanging piece of his clothing. She couldn't help but smirk at the misfortune this guy was having today. 

"Having a little trouble getting it out, huh?"

The male in question began to flush darkly as he took what she said in a completely different manner than what she intended. Tala had no idea the double meaning behind her words, so choked it to him being embarrassed about being unable to go ahead with his plans. Tala placed a clawed finger underneath his chin and forced him to look into her dull eyes. 

A bloodcurdling scream erupted from the male as the crimson-snow wolf girl had driven her other hand into the Mobians chest and ripped his heart out to hold right in front of his face. "Oh no, look what I did. Oh well, you'll die now. Bye bye hunter." 

Tala spoke with an innocent enough voice, but there was an animalistic look on her face and the dark undertone would make a shiver go through anyone who heard it. The male she was still holding onto stared at his own beating source of life in horror as he watched it slowly come to a stop, and so did he.

Tala dropped the Mobian like he was no longer worth her time and shook her bloodied hand to remove the sticky substance. She dropped the red organ onto the ground right beside his face as she looked down at him dispassionately. 

"Its too bad really, you chose your fate, and now you'll spend eternity in hell for it."

Tala looked back up to Shrike, her eyes now bright and glittering again like she had just come back from a short vacation. "Shall we continue to where the cries were coming from, Shrike?"

The dark tone was gone. Along with any trace of what she had just shown. It was like a switch had been flicked.
ForevaYoung
ForevaYoung
Master Member
Master Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next