Hello user, SRN is now closed. Feel free to read anything you'd like, but you cannot post.
Thank you for being part of this community.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello user, SRN is now closed. Feel free to read anything you'd like, but you cannot post.
Thank you for being part of this community.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wild Plotting Appears!

+4
Storm Wave
The Red Blur
Dione
Froshana
8 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Wild Plotting Appears! Empty Wild Plotting Appears!

Post by Froshana Sun Jun 12, 2016 8:47 pm

So I've been rolling this idea around in my head for a long time now and while it's not 100% ready to go, I figured I'd gauge interest and maybe see if sharing about it helps to push me to finish filling in some blanks. Sorry if it's kinda sloppy, when I organize, things just get too long and no one reads them. -w-;;;
I've got a little villain of mine in the works and I was thinking of doing this as a small test run for them or maybe it becomes their intro, but I also wanted to try and throw something out there that makes people think a little more about how their characters interact with stuff and respond to some rather... drastic changes. :U
This might be non-canon, I really haven't decided yet but I'm open to preferences from those involved. Input is welcome!

So here's the dealio. I was thinking this might start at some festival, something outside, pleasant weather, all that. Suddenly, oh noes, a citywide blackout! This is especially lousy because, oops, it was a nighttime festival. Hey, was it that explosion from the conveniently nearby-ish power plant there on the edge of town??? Time to get some nosy people out there! Gee, nothing here except MAGIC OH NO BYE CONSCIOUSNESS
This opening is very likely to change depending on the extent of power I give my villain, though, so don't get too attached to it. :>
So people will wake up after a while, but find that things are quite different. What's that? No more thumbs? Oh, look at that, everyone's gone feral. And by feral, yeah, just sap the anthropomorphic qualities out of your peeps and now they're stuck lookin' like wild animals. 8U ...Very unique and brightly-colored animals, but animals nonetheless. How will they ever turn back? What is this mysterious force guiding them along???

Yeah, that's kind of basically it. The opening is very likely to change in the future. But I want to make people think of how things will work differently if you take some bipedal person, accustomed to having normal hands and suddenly throw them into being stuck in this rather obnoxious animal form and having to find who did this and solve the issue. Obviously everyone will face their own challenges and whatnot, especially those who use weapons, but that's what I feel makes it interesting. How will characters who use their hands for their powers and abilities now have to adjust to potentially needing those front limbs just to stand? These are things I'll ask people to consider later, I just don't even know who might even care to get involved (except one person) so before I go too crazy getting a lot of details done, I'll check it out.

The rp will be closed since, obviously, after the magics happen, it would be pretty unfair for other people to join and then be unaffected by the plot magic and thus miss out on the whole point. :P
I would hope this is clear enough, but I'm gonna not allow humans into this rp for obvious reasons? It would just get overly weird to try and do that so I just no. pls.
Aaaaaand just because I know they're one of the more common animal species, I'd like to ask people considering hedgehog characters to think thrice? There may be some travel in this rp and as much as I love lil hedgehogs, they may have some trouble keeping up. They are allowed, but pretty please, try to think of how they're going to manage on those adorable little feets in comparison to a group likely to consist of larger mammals like foxes or.. felines or wolves, whatever people end up using.
Obs, you might not want to use an aquatic species either. owo;;; Unless you just want them to, um, die out of water.
Using a shapeshifter is cheatingggg, don't do it!
As for characters with powers, they will obviously retain those powers but let it be noted those powers will be weakened! I figure maybe half as strong as they were before because logic things in my head.
Yessss, they can still talk. It would be a little dull if we can't let them complain and communicate vocally. :P

As a side note, with people gone feral, yeah, clothes or belongings could be a pain to lug along for characters who may have bags or weapons or even just tech. I'll be using a character who's prob got a place for everyone to drop off their stuff before starting their quest. Getting belongings to a safe place will be their first mini-quest, lool.
In the meantime, let's see how things are looking, hm? I'd love to hear some thoughts or interest while I keep working on some of the deets for the story! c:

And just because I've learned to make rules for my own rps, here's some things to keep in mind if you consider joining.

- There'll be a wait period of 3 days to allow people to post. After three days, I'll PM the next person in the post order and let them know they can go on and post. I can be lenient up to a week and am totes okay with waiting if alerted of a situation but I'd prefer the rp not get held up really bad due to posting slow. I will hold myself to this rule as well! If I don't post within 72 hours, move on because I'm prob working or dying. I'll jump back in at soonest opportunity, I swear. I want to see what this rp becomes.
- Swear, you guys better be following the forum rules, I will be watching for these because I'm not about that power-playing life. If you do something not bueno, I will gently (and privately) inform you and expect revision. It shouldn't come to that for this rp, but I'd rather make it known instead of replaying my previous mistakes. -w-

Now here I'm just adding in some questions I know I need to answer before I can start the thing. It's mostly for my own reference, but I'll never be against getting some suggestions or ideas to help things along. owo

- Okay, animals now. I know why they've been changed and how to change them back. The hard part maybe is playing up how to get them to go where needed. How does this mysterious projected force guide them??? Hm hm hm...
- Don't like the fire festival/exploding power grid opening idea? What's another good way for the big bad to get the characters involved all together in one area without having to hand-pick them if he's looking for curious busybodies/adventurers? Bonus points that the villain can't physically be there to do any of this, but is projecting powers from his location. 8U
- Minor spoiler alert, but I've considered that maybe the baddie is not only looking to test out his own powers, but most likely is also likely to try and get them to accomplish something for him. He may lead them on with the promise of being changed back. I have a vague idea for that goal, but location is a little important. Hm hm hm. ...This isn't a question, this is more of just a reminder for me, ha.

Stop reading now, go tell me stuff. owo
Froshana
Froshana
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Wild Plotting Appears! Empty Re: Wild Plotting Appears!

Post by Dione Sun Jun 12, 2016 9:21 pm

I only have one word for this idea: Amazing. This is a really interesting thing and I'd really really like to be part of it and see how it grows into one big story. 
As for your question(s), I have a few suggestions on how the animals can be 'lured' to the place where they need to be. I was thinking, maybe the villain could be in the posession of a monolith-ish thing, radiating a certain kind of light with a frequency that has an effect on the brains of the characters, making them appealed to the light.

A second idea was a kind of similar thing but then with soundwaves. Perhaps at the beginning the participating characters could be kind of stuck in a ride, a haunted house for example, leaving them the only people on the festival, assuming the others have already left. After some time a high-pitched soundwave emits from somewhere, leaving a half-stunning, yet appealing effect on the characters, drawing them to the place they need to be.

As for the place they need to be, I had a thought. What if the villain first broke into the powerplant and took over, shutting the place down and installing his machines there, readying his plan to lure the people there to accomplish his goals? (This would only work if you were to use a powerplant at the beginning of course)
Dione
Dione
Master Member
Master Member

Back to top Go down

Post by The Red Blur Sun Jun 12, 2016 11:27 pm

It's a great idea, but I don't think my character would react well at all in this situation. I'll give it a think, see if it grows on me.
The Red Blur
The Red Blur
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Froshana Tue Jun 14, 2016 10:29 pm

Haaaaa, yesss, I'm glad I'm not the only who thinks this'd be interesting, thanks guys. -w- If it goes canon, most likely it will have some continuation off in the future as I'd like to build up this baddie, too! This rp will give me opportunity to flesh him out a little.

@Dione Those are both actually really interesting ideas I hadn't considered before! owo My only little qualm with them is that they may result in the characters involved being in too much of a trance. If they want to turn back to normal, I want them to go after this willingly, fufufu. ≖‿≖ It'll also allow for plenty of interaction along the way and give us opportunity to toy around with their trying to grow accustomed to new bodies.
As for starting location for them, I'm kind of hoping that the characters involved will kind of roll with things and go to where I need them to go to get magicked? I may not use something as blatant as an explosion because I kind of realize that, oops, that's gonna bring over the law as well and that could get extra weird. It'll still be amusing to handle NPCs that may come up in public locations as they go to places like the hotel. :P I mean, it's gonna be pretty weird to them to see talking, feral animals go tromping awkwardly through the lobby, huehuehue
But perhaps indeed having them all conveniently near the same attraction when something draws them all away could work. owo I just need to think of what could get the attention of all our main characters.

And that would be an interesting idea for the powerplant, actually! Sad thing, this villain's a little old school and has no machines or minions. In fact, to let out a couple more spoilers, he probably won't actually meet the main characters for a while. To start things, it'll be more like he's projecting his own power out from where he currently is and manipulating things that way. It all has purpose and reason, of course, and also plays into my lure. There's a small chance I may use something not unlike a specter of sorts to lead the characters on. Maybe give them a landmark to go towards, like, a small mountain.
Which brings up the location, of course. I'm thinking this may be a town/city near some kind of national park or reserve? If only because the big bad is going to draw them out into some wilderness. I'll try and come up with various challenges for them to have to overcome along the way so this doesn't just become a walk-and-talk rp. xD;; Ideas for challenges they may face while both getting through town and once out in the wilds would be welcome! Yes, they will have to cross a river, fufufufu

@Red Blur I can understand that! I hesitated a lot to start this rp because I know that it kind of doesn't work for some species, especially with how many hedgehogs we have here. It really would be a tough rp for them. ;w; But certainly, keep thinking it over! If anything, it never hurts to think of more species, too. But I would absolutely not ask anybody to come up with a new character just for this rp, most certainly not
Froshana
Froshana
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Froshana Thu Jul 14, 2016 3:45 am

Let it be noted I haven't given up on this rp! I just hit a little bump with our villain and it turns out I need to do a little more research on some potentially cultural things just to round them out as a character. Apologies for the delay!
I also have no intention of trying to start the rp when I'm about to be gone to the Caribbean for a couple of weeks so it'll still be a while before it begins.

On a side note, after some consideration, I am probably gonna go ahead and make this a canon rp. ...Which doesn't mean I'll allow canon Sonic characters, though. I just mean everything that happens in this rp will be part of forum canon or whatever it means when things are real.

I've also been mulling over a question that needs some answering and I'd love to hear some suggestions or ideas!
Obviously since this is gonna be canon, the characters have to go back to normal eventually. But the current plan is to let everyone leave the majority of their belongings behind in my own character's hotel room or whatever as it may be too much trouble for them to lug items with it.
But when they are transformed the first time, their clothes won't just disappear into hammerspace. If they grow, those clothes are probably gonna be damaged, if they shrink, well it'll probably be very funny looking. :P

So when they get turned back into their normal selves, their clothes are likely to be back in the hotel. -w-;;; Unless someone does think for everyone to bring clothes and someone can carry them???? I don't know, I'm just uncertain on resolving the major conflict, but then everyone is butt nekkid in the middle of the woods or wherever they end up and have to awkwardly get back to town to get their clothes. xD;;

Yyyyeah, depending on what species of animals we have running around, maybe clothes can be stuffed into someone's bag that can be carried by these poor critters, but that seems like a stretch so if I can find another suitable resolution so that that awkwardness doesn't take over the entire conclusion of the rp, that'd be shweet.
Froshana
Froshana
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Dione Fri Aug 05, 2016 6:37 pm

Froshana wrote:owo My only little qualm with them is that they may result in the characters involved being in too much of a trance. If they want to turn back to normal, I want them to go after this willingly, fufufu. ≖‿≖ It'll also allow for plenty of interaction along the way and give us opportunity to toy around with their trying to grow accustomed to new bodies.
Okay so, I have pulled this up again because I suddenly remembered this was a thing too and I've been thinking about a few things. Mostly about how the characters could be lead to the place they need to be.

I think you're right about the characters needing to be fully aware of what they are doing in stead of being in a trance of some sorts to get to their destination. For them to reach their destination, I think they need a way to get a message. I have been thinking and came up with something else than the previous two options I mentioned in my last post. 

Your villain has placed some hologram projectors in some of the higlighted areas of the festival, some of which can impossibly be missed. When the characters are the only ones left there, the projectors activate, (perhaps even turning them feral there and then) the holograms start talking and explain what has happened to the characters and starts giving them instructions. Perhaps there could be a few other projectors spread across the route they have to travel to get to their destination, explaining things further and clearing things up about what happened to the characters as they travel along. I know you said the villain is a bit oldschool and doesn't have posession over any machines but I thought I'd just throw this in to see what you thought of it. Maybe it could be altered in a way that it would suit the villain's ways and behaviour and would still be an option to use for this roleplay.

Froshana wrote:As for starting location for them, I'm kind of hoping that the characters involved will kind of roll with things and go to where I need them to go to get magicked? I may not use something as blatant as an explosion because I kind of realize that, oops, that's gonna bring over the law as well and that could get extra weird. It'll still be amusing to handle NPCs that may come up in public locations as they go to places like the hotel. Razz I mean, it's gonna be pretty weird to them to see talking, feral animals go tromping awkwardly through the lobby, huehuehue
But perhaps indeed having them all conveniently near the same attraction when something draws them all away could work. owo I just need to think of what could get the attention of all our main characters.
OH OH OH I KNOW! How about we have them in a ride, in the same train/seat/whatever you want when the power cuts off and the ride stops, and then they somehow break fre- yeah never mind, that won't work since bystanders would already have helped them if they were normal bystanders of course and not some kinds of douchebags who don't give a frick about others...

Froshana wrote:And that would be an interesting idea for the powerplant, actually! Sad thing, this villain's a little old school and has no machines or minions. In fact, to let out a couple more spoilers, he probably won't actually meet the main characters for a while. To start things, it'll be more like he's projecting his own power out from where he currently is and manipulating things that way. It all has purpose and reason, of course, and also plays into my lure. There's a small chance I may use something not unlike a specter of sorts to lead the characters on. Maybe give them a landmark to go towards, like, a small mountain.
Hmm... How about an abandoned farm, away from the somewhat larger cities but closer to a few small villages that he may or may not have taken over? It would be sucluded from the world (kind of) and be a private place for him to work on his mischief. The mountain idea sounds cool too. Maybe there's a way to merge the two ideas togeth- Wait a sec. Abandoned house. Mountain. What if the guy has 'moved into' an abandoned inn halfway up the mountain or something? It'd give a few nice challenges for the other characters to reach the place and it'd be a nice place for the villain to work on whatever he is doing!

Froshana wrote:Which brings up the location, of course. I'm thinking this may be a town/city near some kind of national park or reserve? 

Ideas for challenges they may face while both getting through town and once out in the wilds would be welcome! Yes, they will have to cross a river, fufufufu
YES I love the idea of it being close to a national park. Like, perhaps the festival is nature-themed and maybe that's a way for the transformed characters to stand out a little less on the festival itself because there's all sorts of decoration with both feral and anthro animals. 

Well, climbing the mountain to reach the inn is actually kind of a challenge on its own. For now I don't have any ideas, maybe I'll throw some in later on when we get the bigger and more important points worked out but for now this is what I have concerning the challenges they should face. Of course avalanges and such could also be a part of them but like I said, I think we should flesh out the bigger points first.

Froshana wrote:So when they get turned back into their normal selves, their clothes are likely to be back in the hotel. -w-;;; Unless someone does think for everyone to bring clothes and someone can carry them???? I don't know, I'm just uncertain on resolving the major conflict, but then everyone is butt nekkid in the middle of the woods or wherever they end up and have to awkwardly get back to town to get their clothes. xD;;

I should probably mention I'm intending on using my character Ira for this one. He's quite the larger feline as he is a hybrid between a tiger and a lion so carrying stuff won't be a problem for him. (Click mee)
Yes, having everyone naked in the woods/mountains/any situation is a tad on the awkward side. Especially since they would have to get back to their belongings and would have to travel together and thROUGH TOWN OH GOD! Perhaps there will be more larger characters in this rp so maybe the clothes can be devided over a few characters so one doesn't have to carry everything (if this is going to be a 3/4 person rp that won't be much but if it's going to be bigger it will be more clothes so more to carry... You get what I mean, right?). Actually, I don't really think the 'bag idea' is that much of a stretch, I think it'd be the go-for option I would personally go for too if I were in that situation to be honest. Not everything needs to be fantasy n' magic, it's good to keep things real too sometimes x3

Okay enough rambling, what do you think about all of this?

Last edited by Dione on Fri Aug 05, 2016 6:42 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Link)
Dione
Dione
Master Member
Master Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Froshana Fri Aug 05, 2016 9:28 pm

Good to see you back in here! I've also been making some progress in the rp as well and I'm hoping it'll be easier to work on from home because I'm awfully eager to start it!

Dione wrote:I think you're right about the characters needing to be fully aware of what they are doing in stead of being in a trance of some sorts to get to their destination. For them to reach their destination, I think they need a way to get a message. I have been thinking and came up with something else than the previous two options I mentioned in my last post.

Your villain has placed some hologram projectors in some of the higlighted areas of the festival, some of which can impossibly be missed. When the characters are the only ones left there, the projectors activate, (perhaps even turning them feral there and then) the holograms start talking and explain what has happened to the characters and starts giving them instructions. Perhaps there could be a few other projectors spread across the route they have to travel to get to their destination, explaining things further and clearing things up about what happened to the characters as they travel along. I know you said the villain is a bit oldschool and doesn't have posession over any machines but I thought I'd just throw this in to see what you thought of it. Maybe it could be altered in a way that it would suit the villain's ways and behaviour and would still be an option to use for this roleplay.

Your idea of holograms is actually very close to what the plan has become! It is a little more low-tech, but something like a specter will end up being the guide to our group as they go along. If I play it up right, I think it'll work very well!

Dione wrote:OH OH OH I KNOW! How about we have them in a ride, in the same train/seat/whatever you want when the power cuts off and the ride stops, and then they somehow break fre- yeah never mind, that won't work since bystanders would already have helped them if they were normal bystanders of course and not some kinds of douchebags who don't give a frick about others...

This may also roll into what brings our group together as well. A similar sort of spectral appearance that, to them, may just seem like a part of the festival, even if it's a little bit hidden away so there isn't a big crowd and no NPCs. Then they get beckoned around out of sight and WHAM MAGIC TO THE FACE
I think it seems workable? xD;

Dione wrote:Hmm... How about an abandoned farm, away from the somewhat larger cities but closer to a few small villages that he may or may not have taken over? It would be sucluded from the world (kind of) and be a private place for him to work on his mischief. The mountain idea sounds cool too. Maybe there's a way to merge the two ideas togeth- Wait a sec. Abandoned house. Mountain. What if the guy has 'moved into' an abandoned inn halfway up the mountain or something? It'd give a few nice challenges for the other characters to reach the place and it'd be a nice place for the villain to work on whatever he is doing!

OH! Now the abandoned inn sounds like a friggin' shweet idea. owo I do love abandoned buildings an awful lot. In fact, that could play very well into the entire goal of where they need to go and indeedly would provide a great challenge for the crew to have to overcome. It'll be summer so unless it's a hella high mountain, I might not expect snow, but oh lord, rock slides!
But yes, that's actually a great idea and I've written it into my outline now. c:

Dione wrote:YES I love the idea of it being close to a national park. Like, perhaps the festival is nature-themed and maybe that's a way for the transformed characters to stand out a little less on the festival itself because there's all sorts of decoration with both feral and anthro animals.

And a national park is definitely top of my list right now. I'll look through my saved settings as well to get a better feel for what kind of environment we're working with too! Also another good idea for what the festival may be centered around. Let's all these furry people think back to their roots! Razz

Dione wrote:I should probably mention I'm intending on using my character Ira for this one. He's quite the larger feline as he is a hybrid between a tiger and a lion so carrying stuff won't be a problem for him. (Click mee)
Yes, having everyone naked in the woods/mountains/any situation is a tad on the awkward side. Especially since they would have to get back to their belongings and would have to travel together and thROUGH TOWN OH GOD! Perhaps there will be more larger characters in this rp so maybe the clothes can be devided over a few characters so one doesn't have to carry everything (if this is going to be a 3/4 person rp that won't be much but if it's going to be bigger it will be more clothes so more to carry... You get what I mean, right?). Actually, I don't really think the 'bag idea' is that much of a stretch, I think it'd be the go-for option I would personally go for too if I were in that situation to be honest. Not everything needs to be fantasy n' magic, it's good to keep things real too sometimes x3

And oh my god, look at that handsome devil.

I mean, actually! Your abandoned inn idea has just given me an idea! Unless someone brings it up in rp before they start the trek and they do find a way to take clothes with them, what if they find clothes in the inn? owo With these new ideas flooding in, the way it's been abandoned there may still be clothing in there. It might not all fit perfectly, but it would be something!
I will admit, I'm still looking over about 7 potential characters of my own to use, about six of which could also potentially carry baggage. xD So yeah, maybe we'll have two potential options for them.
And yeah, even with talking animals, I am addicted to adding a certain sense of realism to situations as it gives characters more to do and interact with instead of everything always just working out perfectly.

Dione wrote:Okay enough rambling, what do you think about all of this?

But wow, your input has really given a good shove to the progress of outlining the journey for the rp and I'm gonna write a lot more of this down to have it saved. owo Thank you! This actually really does a lot for getting the opening ready to roll and, once I'm home and have some proper down time, I can work on finishing up the deets of making this villain a good one.
We're getting closer and closer!
Froshana
Froshana
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by The Red Blur Fri Aug 05, 2016 10:21 pm

This RP idea is reeeeally growing on me, but as you said, hedgehogs would be... Difficult, at best, and considering my main oc *is* a hedgehog, I worry if he'll even make it. What do you all reckon?
The Red Blur
The Red Blur
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Froshana Mon Aug 08, 2016 2:51 am

Honestly, Red, I had to think about it a lot before mentioning it initially, since I didn't want to exclude hedgehogs with how common they are as a species. But really, considering a lot of what's gonna be going on is long distance travel on foot, swimming across rivers, climbing mountains, and similar stuff, it would be a challenge for something small and not necessarily agile, like a hedgehog (not to mention several other species that may struggle, such as alligators, porcupines, iguanas, and echidnas that come to mind xD) to keep up.
Sure, a hedgehog could hitch a ride on some other character's back and engage in dialogue, but I, personally, don't think it would be much for interesting posts and getting involved in the action, which is what I felt a lot of the fun here will lie in.

Of course, my opinion is just that! It's only my personal opinion and the reason that I won't use any of my hedgehogs. I'm not at all saying that hedgehogs aren't allowed and if someone thinks they can still have fun with that kind of... sort of challenge, they can do so. It just seems to me that there are definitely certain species that will have a harder time really getting in on the action like some of the others and I did want to make sure that was clear so no one joins in and then gets bored if they don't feel they really have much to do.

Sorry for all the rambling, I apparently know no other way to express my opinions. But again, it is ultimately your own personal decision to make. c:
Froshana
Froshana
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by The Red Blur Tue Aug 09, 2016 12:01 am

No worries, I have a workaround, and that comes in the form of a new character I'm working on! She is a fox, so her size should be sufficient, so perhaps she and Caen could team up as part of my turn... Unless two characters aren't allowed, then I'll stick to the fox.
The Red Blur
The Red Blur
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Froshana Tue Aug 09, 2016 10:22 pm

A fox sounds like a great idea! Looking forward to seeing what species of fox she turns out to be when you finish her!

And I hadn't thought of that before, actually, but you bring up a very good point. Aside from myself, Dione, and you, there are three other people who have indicated they are likely to join in when the rp starts, which gives us a current group of six characters right now. In case anyone else joins, we don't want to have too huge of a herd going on, so I think it would be a good idea to just limit each person to one character.
Thanks for bringing it up!

On a side note, I'm probably going to start writing up the opening post for this rp and setting the scene and finalizing some details. The biggest missing piece of the rp is just finishing up my antagonist. Poor guy, I'm still researching for his name! :P I'll start back to work this week and be busy with that off and on again, as life demands, but I'm hoping to get this baby on the road maaaaaaybe before the end of this month? No promises, but get hype! I'm very excited to see where we all take this idea. C:
Froshana
Froshana
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Dione Tue Dec 20, 2016 10:41 am

So.. I've been thinking about this for a bit more, and did some research on some challenges in the mountains and forests and I thought of a few more, we'll have to see which ones we're going to use (if any at all), but I'll just throw 'em in here c:

1. Y'know how there's sometimes a steep cliff or gap in the 'road'? Well, I was thininking, perhaps the characters will have to cross a cliff or chasm of some sorts. It'd give a good opportunity to work together and to try and survive the dangers below. 

2. I imagine the characters won't reach the inn in one day, right? Well, they'll have to spend the night somewhere. Mountains can have some caves or grottos, but what if the ones they come across are already occupied by say a truly feral bear or mountain lion? They'd have to fight for a place to stay the night o-o"

3. Finding food. This is a pretty obvious one but I wanted to put it out there anyways. Everyone needs food, animals do as well. Some of our characters are carnivores, like wolves, foxes, lions or tigers, some may be omnivorous, like boars, bears or raccoons and some even herbivorous, like a deer or a horse. Where do they find their food? Do they kill each other to survive? I hope not, oh dear 0o0

4. What if the characters lose their 'humanity' over the days? Like, they become more and more primal and feral as time goes by and their natural instincts to hunt and kill become stronger? It would bring more tension into the story and more pressure to find that darn villain.

5. I'm not saying people will get hurt, but what if they do? How would the group handle that and how would they aid the wounded one? I thought this would be a thing to think about as well, seeing as for example a rock slide could cause a lot of damage from a little scratch to a few broken bones. It's something to take in mind when writing stuff and I thought it could be something to take in mind when choosing your character as well.

That's all I've got for now, hope it helps a bit!
Dione
Dione
Master Member
Master Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Froshana Fri Dec 23, 2016 4:58 am

Good to see this idea hasn't totally faded into the background, although it doing so is totally my fault as I've been the absolute worst at finishing the work that needs doing on it. -w- At this rate, it'll be an early spring rp instead of end of summer. :P
Anyway, you bring up some excellent points, some of which I thought of and some of which I haven't yet! Let's get into it!

A cliff or chasm could certainly be interesting! They'll have to be going up a mountain on a trail that hasn't been used in years so it's very likely fallen to disrepair and it may not take much for it to crumble. And without hands, it'll be quite a thing trying to pull somebody back up, hoohoo. I will certainly keep that in mind for them because you're right, it could be good to bring on some teamwork! I'm also a sucker for characters in peril. ;D

Yep, finding shelter for the night could be as easy as settling down in a clearing and sleeping under the stars, but I intend for it to probably be chilly at night and they'll get rained on at least once so searching for a place like a cave can totes be on their list of things to do. And I was thinking of them running into ferals, potentially?? I wasn't sure how everyone stands on the idea of anthro characters interacting with feral animals. We'll definitely see about how this may go!

Food was one of the first things I figured would be a good challenge for the group. I do believe at least one character in the group will be fairly experienced in wilderness survival, but even they may have a hard time since they'll have to adjust to being in a feral form. Sure, there will be fish in the rivers and probably small prey to be hunted for those who are needing/wanting meat and vegetation should be pretty good, though I don't expect an excess of fruits. Most likely things such as nuts and berries. This challenge will mostly be up to the characters themselves to sort out. How do you fish with only bare paws and teeth? Can they bring themselves to kill prey if they can even catch it? And then cooking anything caught would be a challenge too. Are they willing to eat raw meat if it comes to that? It'll be interesting to watch all that unfold and see who chooses to do what. c:

Going primal crossed my mind as well, but wasn't quite something I wanted to require of people. It can be an option, however? If someone believes their character may revert to becoming more feral in more than just body, they can expand on that freely as they like. I won't require it, but leave it open for those who are interested in exploring the idea!

Ooh hoo hoo, people are fairly likely to get hurt? I mean, we'll be washing them down rivers, dropping them off cliffs, all kinds of stuff. And how they handle that will all be up to the group itself. I mean, it might be kind of less fun to cripple a character and then they have to try and limp along or be left behind or even try and go piggyback on another character so I'm not aiming for major injuries like broken bones. But probably quite a few cuts and bruises from different scenarios. Let's see who's the first to try and lick and injury. :P
Side note, a rock slide could also be an interesting event as well! I'll be keeping it in mind too.

So thanks for the extra input, these were all great points! With holiday season looking to drive me mad and/or bury me in shirts and panties, I can't really give an estimate as to when I'll finish up my remaining deets for this rp because all the other times I've done so, I've been wrong af. :P But rest assured I do very much still want to do this rp and I won't be starting anything else until this one is up and rolling!
Froshana
Froshana
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Froshana Tue Jan 03, 2017 7:05 pm

Alright, guys, the time has finally come! I've finished the majority of research I need to do for this rp and, after a massive internal conflict deciding what little character of mine to throw into this nonsense, it's time to get this show on the road!

This means that the time to confirm sign-ups is now! But first, a refresher on some important things to remember for this rp!

- Three day post limit! Join if you think you can keep up!
- Little reminder that if your character has powers, those powers will be weakened by about 50% after they're transformed! Keep that in mind if they are going to try and learn how to manipulate those abilities in their new forms!
- One character per person! Bear in mind limitations of the species you choose as this will be a travel-heavy rp. Yeah, I'm still discouraging hedgehogs because I know how common they are.
- While this rp will take place in canon, I'd like to not have any canon Sonic characters involved. Just a personal preference on my part.
- On the note of personal preference, if I have any concerns about people joining or the characters chosen, just know I will bring it up to you in private. It's fairly unlikely to happen, though?

With that out of the way, if you'd like to join, just fill this out for me so I have an idea of what kind of crew we have!

Character Name:
Species: (The more specific, the better!)
Link to bio: (If applicable.)

I'll wait about three days before posting the rp under Closed Roleplays and I will provide a link to that topic here. Remember, you have to sign up here in order to join the rp! Once I close sign-ups, that's it!

So have at it! I'll answer questions if need be, but everything is about ready to roll. Aaaaand, I guess to be fair... -w-

Character Name: Venus Everett
Species: Clydesdale
Link to bio: Click here!
Froshana
Froshana
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Storm Wave Tue Jan 03, 2017 7:08 pm

Ahhh! Finally! Looks like its time to punch in.

Character Name: Storm
Species: North American Red Fox
Link to bio: Here
Storm Wave
Storm Wave
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Back to top Go down

Post by spark tb Tue Jan 03, 2017 7:49 pm

Yessss, good! I've been looking forward to this for ages! c:

Character Name: Esmerald Estorian
Species: Hyena...? [Technically not but her biology here is basically the same as one]
Link to bio: Here we are! Second post Wink
spark tb
spark tb
Expert Member
Expert Member

Back to top Go down

Post by ForevaYoung Tue Jan 03, 2017 9:22 pm

I have just read through all of this? And I have officially been blown away. I neeeed to be a part of this. 
I do think, regardless of his real animal tiny size that Zephyros would work. Itty bitty sassy hummingbird anyone?

Character Name: Zephyros Dumisa
Species: Marvellous Spatuletail Hummingbird
Link to bio ---> Ta-Daaa
ForevaYoung
ForevaYoung
Master Member
Master Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Dione Tue Jan 03, 2017 10:36 pm

YESS IT FINALLY HAPPENING I'S HYPE

So! Application ^-^
Character name: Ira Wright 
Species: The majestic liger
Link to bio: Das it

Yesss time to get excited
Dione
Dione
Master Member
Master Member

Back to top Go down

Post by C.S.O. Fri Jan 06, 2017 4:35 am

And, because I have to be here... Smile

Character Name: Wolfgang Fremont aka Wolf
Species: Timber wolf
Link to bio: Link to bio

C.S.O.
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by The Red Blur Fri Jan 06, 2017 7:17 am

Oh, I didn't realise this was finally happening. Yeah, sure, I'll join.

Character name: Raito Bolt
Species: Arctic fox
Link to bio: https://sonicrpnation.forumotion.com/t4178-raito-bolt

(I have no idea how to make a link into different text, so I apologise on the long-ass link)
The Red Blur
The Red Blur
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Froshana Sat Jan 07, 2017 5:59 am

Great to see a good bundle of eager faces (and C.S.O.)! :P Looks like a very nice variety of animals to mess with and I do believe we'll have a great time!

Sign-ups are now closed!

I'll post the rp itself early tomorrow, probably about 12 hours from right now as I'm posting this. It will be under Closed Roleplays, but I'll also post again here with a link to make it easier to find.

Make sure to keep an eye on this topic from time to time, though, as I'll update here when potentially taking votes on how different parts of the story may go and also asking questions concerning the characters involved! If you have something you want to ask and don't want to make a needless OOC post, you can always post here. I'll also still be taking suggestions for more events and trials so if you get some ideas, toss 'em my way and I'll see if I can work them in!

(Side note for Red!: To make a hyperlink, check out the toolbar above where you type in your posts. There's a chain link with a green and white plus to the left of the YouTube button. Click there and it's pretty self-explanatory! Very handy tool!)
Froshana
Froshana
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Froshana Sat Jan 07, 2017 6:56 pm

THE TIME IS NIGH.

Head on over here to get to the rp itself! Have fun, you guys, and thanks for joining! c:
Froshana
Froshana
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Froshana Sun Mar 26, 2017 2:17 am

'Sup, kiddies! We're nearing the plot kick-off and I think that calls for some updates!

First and foremost, I am changing the post time limit! It's going from three days to two days!

I'm making this change now because three days is too nice of me--BECAUSE we're past the tough starter posts and intros and now going to be getting into more direct character interaction, which I believe will mean posts will become easier and shorter and thus, we shouldn't need as much time to write.
Now I'll still be giving some leeway, of course, and I can adjust if given a reason why someone might be late. Buuut, get ready to rumble because things should get rolling soon!

This also brings me to a second, more experimental update! An adjustment in how we work the post order!

As it stands, we each post once per round, which means that every character has to try to react to everything going on around them at once. It makes for long posts and a lot of extra detail-checks, which can get old for an rp as long as this one is going to be. So here's the idea.

I will allow for breaks in the posting order, but only under certain circumstances! With seven characters all together, there will be considerable conversation, including occasions where not all seven are talking to the entire group at once. So why wait an entire round to have your character respond to one simple thing said to them by one character?

What I propose is that the post order can be broken when characters are engaging in conversation or sometimes when a quick response is necessary. Let's have a (completely random) example!

Let's say that Storm says something to Esme and Esme is going to reply. However, it won't officially be Spark's turn until after Foreva and Dione post, right? Well, with this new adjustment to the rules, Spark can instead post as soon as he likes to make the reply and Storm can do the same. You can post 2-3 times out of order per each round, I'm thinking?

The only limitation is that when going out of post order, your post can't cover more than a few moments of time, hence why I intend it mostly for characters engaging in dialogue as it takes mere seconds to get words out. Granted, this also seems incredibly difficult to describe so I fully expect questions. xD; Let me see if I can sum it up shorter.

If I make this change, then you can post out of order if you're having your character reply to dialogue! (The only other circumstance is if your characters are fighting for some reason and reacting quickly to one another's actions. Some other fast actions can be used for this, too.) You can post out of order 2-3 times per round. And it doesn't have to be just two people either if more characters want to pipe in! However! When posting out of turn, be sure to keep the time in-story that it takes for your post to play out fairly short, so as to not completely mess up the flow of the rp for the others who will post after you. Then you can post as normal when your turn does roll around. If it's your turn to post and someone else has posted out of turn before you, post as normal!
I understand it might be possible to get confused about the post order this way, but the order in the rp's subtitle and also in the first post are there for easy access. I should hope it'll be easy to see that, 'oh, I'm supposed to post after C.S.O. and before Red, but Foreva just posted after C.S.O. to reply to Dione instead and Dione also replied. It's still technically my turn.' It might take a little thinking, but I'm sure you can all handle it. ;P

This is not yet confirmed, though, as I wanted to get feedback on the idea and see if you guys have any ideas to keep it from being abused (which I doubt any of you would do) or to make it better! Feel free to ask questions and when I am going to put the new order adjustment into play, I will make sure to update here and in the rp itself again. Also bear in mind that the change will be optional for everybody! If you're more comfortable only posting when it's your turn, you can still keep everything to one post when it's your turn, even if others do make use of the adjustment!

However, keep in mind that the new time limit will be effective at the start of the next round (which will be whenever I post next)!
Froshana
Froshana
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by C.S.O. Sun Mar 26, 2017 3:50 am

No issues here with the shortening of posting time. I try to peek in once a day regardless.

As for breaking post order in rp, I personally think it should just be limited to dialogue, at least initially. I think having people rapid firing quick actions might be just as cluttered as long posts. Also, I think if someone is going to break the post order, they should include an out of character note to their post, just to inform others, to avoid having anyone think they are being skipped.

I was thinking something like ( OOC: Interrupt! ) being written at the start of such posts. It'll make it easy to keep track of where we are in the post order too with the extra posts popping up.

C.S.O.
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by ForevaYoung Mon Mar 27, 2017 12:13 am

I'm down for these changes, and will most likely only use the out-of-turn posting if its really necessary, or if it comes to maybe a part where people ay get slipt up if that should happen. 
C.S.O has brought up a good way of keeping some form of order though so maybe it would be an idea to do something along the lines of that imo.Smile
ForevaYoung
ForevaYoung
Master Member
Master Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum