Operation Alpha

Page 11 of 14 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Operation Alpha

Post by DracNos on Sun Aug 28, 2016 11:24 pm

Andrew's brow furrowed, as he examined the first officer, "Seriously, what happened here? It looks like they were hit by a garbage truck, or something." He muttered, patting down the man, discovering which bones where misshapen and broken. His four arms weaved and maneuvered impressively quickly, as he gently, but quickly tilted the bones back into place, in a fashion that the pain from the movement would be very brief, he then wrapped his chest in gauze, preventing his ribs from moving again. He did the same, but with several choice differences with the location of the broken or dislocated bones.

DracNos

Back to top Go down

Post by Storm Wave on Tue Aug 30, 2016 9:39 am

The room glowed. Before the fox, a spatter of little pinpricks of light indicated where his traversal around his apartment had scattered the almost imperceptible spies. Beside him, a globule of wriggling energy containing a mass of nearly one-thousand of the little buggers.

But at this time, Storm was more concerned with the metallic case in front of him. He unclasped it, and with a hiss and a puff of compressed air, it opened, revealing some very expensive medical supplies. The fox switched on a small refrigeration unit and pulled out a small vial. He shook the liquid inside before reading the label. Sterile suspension fluid. Read instructions before use.

Whatever. This wasn't the fox's first rodeo. He flicked through the variety of tools and pulled out a sterile-wrapped medical sampling gun. He got lost in viewing it for a moment. It was something far more advanced than a part-time, struggling-to-make-ends-meet computer repair man jobber like himself should have. And yet, here he was, loading the vial of suspension fluid into the receiver of the gun. He removed the plastic safety tip from the front, revealing the sampling collector's sharp needle. The fox felt his guts trying to crawl as far away from the sharp projection as they could Even after the fox's life and his experiences, the sight of a hypodermic needle still filled him with dread. HE swallowed hard and tried to remind himself that there was no actual... jabbing going on today. Carefully, he put the tip of the gun into the twisting ar of energy. He closed his eyes and took a deep breath, placing a hand over the mass of nanomachines suspended between the quartz crystals. He exhaled slowly and concentrated, simultaneously pulling the trigger of the sampling gun. He guided the small mass into the awaiting needle. The fluid remained clear, but Storm knew by touch that for all his efforts, he had collected a more-or-less useful sample of the foreign technology. Carefully, he stripped the sample collector, making DOUBLY sure that the spent needle was carefully placed back into its cap before being banished to a compartment labeled Used Sharps. Warning: Biohadard.

The fox sighed as he placed the vial into the refrigeration unit. This was a big decision, and he felt its weight all through his body. What would happen next, only time would tell. He closed the metal case around the sample, and hissed once more, pressurizing itself before closing with an audible electronic Click! At this point, even Storm wouldn't be able to open the case without some serious techno-voodoo. This sample belonged to the company now. He anxiously stared around the house for his cellphone...

Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Back to top Go down

Post by The Red Blur on Tue Aug 30, 2016 12:59 pm

"There'll be no bullets between eyes, " Caen ordered "you saw where threats got us, perhaps a more diplomatic approach is what's needed, here," he turned away "then again, that may not work. Either way, I'm still avoiding lethal force unless it is completely necessary. Now, I think we should get to higher ground, which should make it easier to observe our surroundings... Man, it's on days like this where I wish I was able to fly..." He looked over at Shrike "guess we can't have everything, eh?"

The hedgehog looked up at the skyline, stretching his arms "right, let's get to it, then," he spotted a tall building, with large glass panes taking up most of the walls, presumably some kind of office "that one looks good," he stated, pointing over at the building, "though I don't think there's much of a foothold to climb up. Hmm..."

Amazing art of Caen done by the equally amazing Uncanny Illustrator!
The Red Blur
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Shrike Marine on Tue Aug 30, 2016 2:24 pm

-Shrike kept up the rear in a 2 meter distance cover zone so no thing or one would come up behind and surprise them, Caen's choice for non forceful tactics didn't sit well with Shrike, but that was because he had lost the patience for reason with the law a long time ago.-

"Some times the only way to get through something is by force, I was going to sit around and wait for something to happen, the more time we stall the less time we have to find him again, but for the sake of people let us just avoid direct confrontation again.

That way I don't have to bludgeon any one who I come across.

I am not climbing up that no way no how, I suggest we take the stairs or the elevator, perhaps if we are lucky they may have some music player."

-Of course he was being sarcastic at this point but thought it might of lighten the mood, but in all honesty he was not going to climb that, he was not a fan of heights to begin with, the building would over them great 360 view of the entire area, should make finding the wolf a hell of a lot easier provided the chopper didn't see them first.-
Shrike Marine
Legend Member
Legend Member

Back to top Go down

Post by MikeMurdock on Wed Aug 31, 2016 2:33 am

(I talked to C.S.O. beforehand in pms and he said it is fine.)

Inside the City's Tunnel towards the epicenter of the event a large truck passes through the area. The front of the truck is in a Military green color with a tarp covering the trailer's contents. Inside the vehicle a Human female drive the large rig as it stops at a G.U.N. Checkpoint.

" Halt... You cannot go further than this. We cannot let anyone go through beyond this point turn around in the turnabout and leave."

The right door of the truck open and a green parrot jumps out and walks to the soldiers showing a paper " I am on contract with this company. This is on a need to know basis and It's been approved by your General. You can let us through or." He smirks to the soldier" You can call the general and deal with him."

Five minutes afterward and a call to the general that signed the paper the GUN soldier returns " All right. Your story checks out. You are free to go through."

'Much obliged." the parrot returns to the truck and it drives into the checkpoint and continues towards the city

"Your mission a simple one.. We have a target that the company wants. You are to head in and capture the target. Or kill it. Either way they want a body to send to our Enhancement labs for study. You have permission to use any means to get it. We will stop soon at the local company garage."

Twenty minutes later the truck backs into the Large garage big enough to house something 10 meters tall and 20 meters across, Once it parks the tarp is removed revealing an 8 meter tall combat machine. A side door on the truck opens as well.

The parrot smokes a E-cigar looking to his monster unit "I will stay here while a mechanic unit will arrive to prepare this thing for .. Hey wait" the driver tries to speak to the parrot,but leaves the spot he was towards the truck where a Power Armor Suit Unloads and in standing position.

" As much as I like you bringing my AC. I feel this Machine is much more suited to the job. " He would suit up and starts walking before turning around before closing the cockpit. " I would suggest keeping the stuff here and have mechanics to maintain this as well. We are far from Ground zero and if I need to power up the AC I will, but for now I will take this armor which is suited for urban combat. Now help me drive this small truck."

The hatch closes. The screen in front of him showing his surroundings as he sits on a transport jeep large enough to sit on with the armor without breaking the axle, The driver will get into the driver side and drives off to ground zero as the mechanic team arrives with a security detail to protect the asset inside.
MikeMurdock
Standard Member
Standard Member

http://www.spritewars.com/index.php?act=idx

Back to top Go down

Post by Shade the Lazarhog on Wed Aug 31, 2016 8:11 am

Shade watched as Andrew began to fix up all the soldiers, this did annoy Shade as these were the people who were chasing Shade and the other three "hostiles". Shade knew he couldn't do anything really until either Andrew was done or something bad happened and Shade would need to intervene. To pass the time, Shade began to scan for his allies.

They had all moved, naturally, Caen and Shrike were still together, the armoured one, well the other armoured one, was now with someone else, hopefully a friendly. Strangely, Shade could sense another energy, it was foreign and something Shade had never encountered before, "the hell?" Shade would instinctively investigate it but remembered that he would need to protect Andrew. Shade sighed and turned back to Andrew, deciding to just watch the show.

I'm an Avenger who left the Shire and attended Hogwarts to become a Jedi.

Proud Creator of: Shade the Lazarhog

Profile Picture created by: ForevaYoung
Shade the Lazarhog
Expert Member
Expert Member

Back to top Go down

Post by C.S.O. on Thu Sep 01, 2016 12:48 am

Another officer looks at Andrew.

"There are several hostile individuals loose within the city. We were trying to contain two of them here. One of them, wearing some sort of armour, fired upon one of our units and then barrelled through another." he explains, "The results of that are scattered around."

The remaining helicopters that had been pursuing the quartet earlier, were still in the air, moving over the cordoned area and just making their way into the areas of the city beyond.

As of yet, none of them had regained visual contact of their targets.

"Trouble maker?" the wolf repeats, "Not really. More like trouble finder. Didn't realize everyone would be so testy out here today."

He looks away from the hedgehog, surveying the street briefly, before walking over to the sidewalk to get clear of any potential oncoming traffic. He doesn't see any sign of... whatever had been on the road and almost ran over the manhole cover earlier. Of course, he didn't really see what it was either... so identifying it now after the fact would be quite a challenge.

"Huh..." he says quietly to himself, as he ponders this.

C.S.O.
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Froshana on Thu Sep 01, 2016 1:44 am

"Gee, I guess most people don't expect others to wear their battle armor to the grocery store," Flame pointed out after taking another sip of her coffee. She noticed that this wolf was still looking around a bit for either something or someone. Or just trying to figure out where he was?
"And you look like you lost somethin'. Should I expect another rain of bullets to follow your appearance?" she asked, attempting to follow his gaze, but it was hard with the visor covering his eyes.

Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by DracNos on Thu Sep 01, 2016 4:10 am

"Hmm, good thing my armor doesn't look like the kind that belonged to this Armoured Individual," He remarked, supporting the policeman he was working on, and looking the man in the eye, he said, briefly, "Brace yourself," As he cracked his dislocated arm back in place, then swiftly wrapping his shoulder in more gauze. He then turned to the unit that had received fire, he scanned the group, looking for the most severe bullet wounds, and moving to that, now pulling out the anesthetic and tools for extracting bullets. They were worse than the wounds Shade had received, but his metal muscles couldn't tire, so he kept working.

DracNos

Back to top Go down

Post by MikeMurdock on Thu Sep 01, 2016 5:28 am

( i'll post again. can someone send me a post order so I know who's turn to post again and such?)

The jeep continued to move into the city Traffic was not a problem further into ground zero, While inside the power armor the front screen turns black with an animation of 4 parts forming into a company logo. The bottom reads VALKOM INDUSTRIES. Then the scene immediately changes to a CEO office. A female Pine Martin her pelt is a natural color of brown and light orange. The mobian has her hands pin an emotionless pose with her eyes looking at the merc.

"You know your mission that is ahead of you."

" Of course Mrs. MacCosgraigh"
The parrot responds " I hope you will be paying my usual contract fees."

"Just make sure you find the Target. It fell here and we want it back dead or alive, Once you bring the body. Our scientists will take it back to Our labs VALKOM put a heavy investment for you." MacCosgraigh would pull out a small cigarette. Putting it in her mouth in preparation for lighting it " We even had to use our connections from those in G.U.N. to get you in with your equipment. Do not fail us."

The transmission ends as the screen returns to normal view showing the outside of the area. The vehicle stops reaching near Ground zero as the Power armor steps off landing hard on the ground. Cracking the pavement.

"I will return to the garage. I will send a driver out to stay as a spotter from the PMC branch. Take great care as we don't know the full extent of the situation" After her talk with the merc the jeep drives off.

The merc's power armor grips his large rifle as the back antenna raises to activate the scan mode to search for movement.

" All right. Whatever you are guerra del loro is ready to hunt you down." The armor starts running to full speed as it heads into ground zero.
MikeMurdock
Standard Member
Standard Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Storm Wave on Thu Sep 01, 2016 5:52 am

Ahhh, the company. There was nothing to make you feel more a part of the Mobian race than talking to the cold, blunt representative from one of the deeper parts of the company. At least the arrangements had been made. And now that the sample was safe...

Well boys, looks like you've outlived your usefulness. The fox thought to himself as he slowly began pacing the house, arcs of electrical induction following him about the elaborately painted floors. Anywhere the nano-seeker app highlighted, a crackling surge of static overtook the tiny spies, frying the small, elaborate parts that constituted their circuitry. The holographic readout's numbers dropped as Storm went from cluster to cluster, rendering them to burnt-out nanoparticles. The fox took a sip of his.... ugh! lukewarm coffee and glimpsed over at the TV. Storm fought not to spit the coffee back up. The shaky camera crew on the news helicopter zoomed in as a large combat power suit walked out of a garage an onto the streets.

"Oh god..." the fox groaned aloud. "They really need to order an evacuation."

Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Shade the Lazarhog on Thu Sep 01, 2016 6:37 am

(Well if we use the order that is happening right now, Mike, the order will be:

C.S.O
Froshana,
DracNos
MikeMurdock
Storm Wave
The Red Blur
Shrike Marine
Shade

It depends though what C.S.O says because he is the man in charge of this operation, alpha, ba doom tsh! I'm sorry, I had to.)

Shade the Lazarhog
Expert Member
Expert Member

Back to top Go down

Post by C.S.O. on Fri Sep 02, 2016 12:35 am

( OOC: Sorry, I should have updated the post order when I last posted. I suppose we may as well adopt the one Shade has just listed. )

C.S.O.
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by MikeMurdock on Sat Sep 03, 2016 10:20 pm

(it's all good well red blur is up next)
MikeMurdock
Standard Member
Standard Member

Back to top Go down

Post by The Red Blur on Sat Sep 03, 2016 10:41 pm

((so it is! Only just realised. I'll post my reply later tonight, promise.))

The Red Blur
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by The Red Blur on Sun Sep 04, 2016 4:13 pm

Caen narrowed his eyes "what d'you expect to do? Walk right up to the front desk? People would've seen the news. If we go in there, they will know our location, and presumably come after us." He looked over at Shrike, raising his eyebrow "You sure you haven't got any rockets or anything?"

Caen turned his head back towards the building and sighed "it can never be easy, can it?" He began walking towards the building, using his hands to straighten his quills as he walked.

The Red Blur
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by MikeMurdock on Sun Sep 04, 2016 7:29 pm

( no. you can join, but up to CSO)
MikeMurdock
Standard Member
Standard Member

Back to top Go down

Post by C.S.O. on Sun Sep 04, 2016 10:41 pm

( OOC: This topic isn't closed. If you're interested in joining make sure you read the rules in the opening post and at least skim over the topic to get an idea of what is going on. )

C.S.O.
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by MikeMurdock on Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:13 am

( looks like Shrike Marine up to bat now O: )
MikeMurdock
Standard Member
Standard Member

Back to top Go down

Post by C.S.O. on Thu Sep 08, 2016 12:38 am

( OOC: Mike, please keep the OOC posts to a minimum. I know you mean well, but it's not necessary and it tends to clutter up the topic.

Jared, that choice is up to you. I have no preference and I'd probably decide how to interact with them on the fly regardless.

Also, it's been three days since Red Blur posted. So it is now Shade's turn to post. )

C.S.O.
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Shade the Lazarhog on Fri Sep 09, 2016 8:04 am

(Is it okay if I skip this turn? Just because I'm quite busy for the next few days and I don't want to hold everyone back.)

Shade the Lazarhog
Expert Member
Expert Member

Back to top Go down

Post by C.S.O. on Sat Sep 10, 2016 12:57 am

( OOC: Certainly you can skip. I guess that means it's my turn now. )

The authorities set up on the cordoned off portion of the city are given a series of updates and orders given the recent developments in the city. They were informed about the operative now present in the city and that it was likely that heavy combat equipment was now present. Given that contact with their suspects had been lost for the moment, their forces were to begin implementing evacuation procedures for specified sections of the city. General alert broadcasts were going to be transmitted by radio and television to warn the citizens of the city as well.

Immediately, the enforcement personnel start heading out to their newly designated positions to carry out their orders.

Elsewhere, the wolf is distracted from the hedgehog as he receives an update on the general disposition of the enforcement personnel and their new orders. He's not pleased by this development and he frowns slightly. He then glances back to the hedgehog.

"Well... it's like when people carry an umbrella because they expect rain." he says, "And in that regard... I think it's going to start pouring real soon... So, maybe you will want to clear out before something comes flying or barrelling towards me. Already had that one thing a minute around when I was trying to get above ground anyway... Must be gone whatever it was."

He turns away from the hedgehog and begins walking, ignoring the other people around.

C.S.O.
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 14 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top