Hello user, SRN is now closed. Feel free to read anything you'd like, but you cannot post.
Thank you for being part of this community.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello user, SRN is now closed. Feel free to read anything you'd like, but you cannot post.
Thank you for being part of this community.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Caen Flare

4 posters

Go down

Caen Flare Empty Caen Flare

Post by The Red Blur Mon May 02, 2016 11:52 pm

Name: Caen
Nicknames: Occasionally referred to as "risky".
Species: hedgehog
Occupation: Actor professionally, a kind of "defender of the weak" when he is out of work.

Appearance: Caen has an odd spine structure, resembling that of long hair, rather than the typical spines you would see on a hedgehog, these spines flow about halfway down his back. Most of his body is red, with the tips of his spines being a slightly darker shade. He has a white tuft of fur on his chest. His facial structure is similar to that of a typical hedgehog, and he has cobalt blue eyes. He is usually seen wearing a long, open navy blue coat, with a claret inside, and the sleeves stop at just above the wrists. He also usually wears black gloves, and a pair of claret boots. He wears a pair of scabbards at his side, which match with his coat. However, when he's not playing hero, he could easily be in any type of outfit, depending on whatever role he plans on playing in the future!

References: I haven't got a good picture yet, so I'll post whenever possible!

Personality traits

- Sweet foods- his sweet tooth is a force to be reckoned with, causing him to be somewhat hyper, at times, but more often than not, he is calm
- Being on stage- As an actor, he feels the stage is the best place to be, as it allows himself to visualise the setting of which his character would appear.
- The cold- Presumably as a by-product of his pyrokinesis, he has a higher-than-average body temperature, meaning he prefers to be in colder climates.

Dislikes:
- Bitter foods, especially coffee, although a small amount of sugar may cause him to change his mind.
- Injustice- after seeing his uncle get away with his crimes for so long, this disliking was only natural for the hedgehog
- Wannabes- he will try to help these type of people out as much as possible, but if they are unwilling to at least try other methods, he finds them annoying.
- Failing others- he has a fear of failure that ultimately causes him to be far too hard on himself at times, allowing himself to become disheartened far too easily.

Personality: Caen often is quite introverted, and overly analytical when alone, however, if he is around people- friend or foe- he can be loud and, at times, obnoxious. Around foes he loses his analytical nature, and often replaces it with arrogance, which is where his unusual nickname of "risky" comes from, as he is often reckless when he has become cocky. However, when he is somehow threatened by his enemy's behaviour, and he feels that he potentially could be defeated, he becomes more serious, often over-thinking his next move. However, Caen, around his true friends, acts quite chivalrous, at times, possibly reflecting his weapon of choice, and he becomes more eccentric, often outwardly spouting his thoughts without any filter.

He is also quick to tears, especially when he feels as though he has failed others, as it reminds him of countless instances that he regards as failures, including the sudden death of his parents. The disappointment of others can easily dishearten him.

He also has a short temper, especially around people that remind him of those who have manipulated him in the past, and will quickly resort to threatening whoever has angered him

Combat traits

Powers: Caen has a form of pyromancy, where he can summon flames from his hands at will, and bend them to whatever shape he wishes them to take. He can only summon a certain volume of flames within a timeframe, or risk potentially burning himself up as fuel in the process. When he is using these flame powers (which I will go into greater detail later), a flaming "suit of armour" surrounds him. This allows friend or foe alike to see exactly how much fire he can use within a time frame. If his flames were to be doused at any point when he is controlling them, it can potabtially burn him, as though he had put his hand in a flame. He also carries two swords, with a spatha-style blade, which are made primarily from a claret metal, with a golden hilt and handle, as well as a red gemstone on the pommel. These are his primary weapons.

Strengths:
- Skilled swordsman, however, he is self-taught, meaning he lacks professional techniques that a master swordsman would know.
- Strategic, to an extent, however, this nature can become a weakness when he begins to over-analyse a situation.
- Above average agility, which is a natural trait of his species.

Weaknesses:
- Overly analytical
- Arrogant
- Weak defense, due to both hands usually holding a weapon each.

Social information
Positive relations
- Shrike the marine- has fought alongside the aforementioned marine many times, and has formed a kind of friendship with him, although little is known about this marine, at this point.
-

Negative relations

- Alastor Flare- Caen's uncle, the killer of his parents and the destroyer of his home. Currently on the run from police, most likely searching for Caen...
-

History Caen lived a pretty cushiony life, being the son of a moderately wealthy salesman, and an equally wealthy estate agent, and he lived his life happily, unaware of the potential dangers that face him, with a family like his. Caen's uncle was always jealous of his father's wealth, and one day, he snapped, burning down Caen's home, killing his parents in the process. This triggered a long search, where Caen eventually managed to track down, and detain his uncle, with the help of a well-known police officer (who soon became a high-ranking agent of G.U.N.) Soon after, he chose to take the hero's path, ensuring that things like what happened to him, happens to noone else. He chose to fight using the blade. His reasoning is that guns are too capable of taking a life, where a sword allows you te decide whether to spare your foe, or, to some, he says that he simply 'does not believe in them'. However, deep down, it is to spite his parents' murderer, who commonly used the type of weapon to make his escapes.

Okay, that's my application! I hope it all seems decent enough for you guys! Sorry if it seems a bit cliché in areas, that wasn't the approach I was going for!

All the best!

~ Red

Last edited by The Red Blur on Sat Dec 31, 2016 12:38 am; edited 7 times in total
The Red Blur
The Red Blur
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Caen Flare Empty Re: Caen Flare

Post by Storm Wave Wed May 04, 2016 2:44 am

Your character. Is he some sort of dandy? I keep reading and imagining him as this out-of-place-and-time swashbuckler.
Storm Wave
Storm Wave
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Back to top Go down

Post by The Red Blur Wed May 04, 2016 7:11 am

Hmm... I haven't really thought about that... I mean, if you're trying to say that he travelled forward in time from a distant past, then that is definitely what I am not going for, but, if you mean dandy as in a man who tries to keep himself looking good, then I... Guess you could say that.
The Red Blur
The Red Blur
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Storm Wave Wed May 04, 2016 2:08 pm

I was more trying to say he has old-fashioned, almost anachronistic sensibilities that most modern characters don't have, not the actual time-travel slant. Sorry to confuse.
Storm Wave
Storm Wave
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Back to top Go down

Post by The Red Blur Wed May 04, 2016 7:16 pm

I guess if you're talking about the way to treat women, etc. He can be pretty old-fashioned. I have many ideas for rps. Hope all goes well!
The Red Blur
The Red Blur
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Dogy9978 Wed Jun 01, 2016 3:31 am

Yooooooooooo.
so I was bored and decided to draw caen but since you don't have a visual refrence, I've decided to draw what I think Caen looks like and a little more.
Here you go~
Caen Flare Caenaaaa_000000a_by_dogy9978-da4nqtv
Dogy9978
Dogy9978
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by The Red Blur Wed Jun 01, 2016 8:04 am

That looks really good! It's actually quite close to what I was going for. Do you mind if I use it as a reference, for now?
The Red Blur
The Red Blur
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Dogy9978 Wed Jun 01, 2016 8:34 am

Yeah sure you can use it.
Dogy9978
Dogy9978
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Shrike Marine Wed Jun 01, 2016 9:09 am

Awesome now I get to see who he really is.
Shrike Marine
Shrike Marine
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by The Red Blur Tue Jun 21, 2016 9:14 pm

Pyromancy extended:

So, as mentioned previously, when Caen uses his fire powers, flames surround him, making it look as though he is wearing a suit of armour. This is purely aesthetic, and it offers no combat advantages. This suit of armour, rather, acts much like a measure of how much fire Caen can use in a certain amount of time. For the sake of ease, we shall refer to it as MP. Caen can utilise several fire techniques, which all take up certain amounts of MP. His MP is split into the pieces of "armour" he has, which would be his arms, legs, head, and torso, adding up to 6 total MP. Caen regenerates 1 MP in roughly 3 minutes, and will be limited by the total MP he has left. If he was to use more MP than he has at that point, he would begin to use his very body as fuel, causing him to burn up in the process if he were to continue with the technique.

Heat arrow- 2MP: Allows Caen to fire about seven flames shaped like arrows, which cause a small explosion on contact. These can be used to hit multiple targets at once, although it deals more damage when hitting the same target all at once. Deals moderate damage.

Heat wall- 2MP: Summons a small wall of flame directly in front of Caen, up to about 3 metres wide and 2 metres high. Deals no damage, but is impervious to most attacks.

Heat dart- 1MP: An attack where a single, lightning-fast dart of flame is shot at a target. Deals very little damage, but the flame lingers, meaning it could potentially be used for tracking purposes.

Burning horizon- 3MP: An attack where Caen slashes a foe with both of his swords in a horizontal attack, which is followed by a trail of flame. Deals moderate-high damage.

Heat rampart- 6MP: A larger version of heat wall, this version taking up 50 ft by 40ft, however, for this extra power, his recharge time will be tripled to nine minutes before he gains 1 MP.

Fireball- 1MP: Basic fireball attack, explodes on contact, deals moderate damage

Flaming gatling- 5MP: An attack where Caen rains down a barrage of bullet-sized flames upon his target. He can sustain fire fir about a minute whilst using this attack. Deals very high damage

Final Pyre, All Expired- 7MP: A last-resort attack, that Caen will only use against a foe he believes he would not be able to take down. A large flaming monolith surrounds him and his target, forging an impenetrable barrier. This attack takes up more MP than Caen could possibly generate, so his chances of survival after this attack is slim, if any. He would most likely die if he were to use this attack until the end. Deals staggeringly high damage.

The Red Blur
The Red Blur
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by The Red Blur Mon Jul 04, 2016 4:54 pm

Okay, guys! I finally took the time to do a fulk-body drawing of Caen, and I ended up with this:

Caen Flare 99099WP_20160704_16_48_13_Pro

Thoughts?

Edit: fixed image size
The Red Blur
The Red Blur
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by The Red Blur Tue Nov 29, 2016 11:50 pm

Okay, so I decided to edit the bio to make it less... Well, generic good-guy protagonist. I'm trying to develop Caen into a more interesting character, and if I'm failing, well... Please tell me.
The Red Blur
The Red Blur
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by The Red Blur Sat Dec 31, 2016 12:40 am

Alright! I have, once again, edited the bio of Caen to include a few more reasons for his personality. Is there anything that can be improved on? Anything that you like? Any criticism would be great!
The Red Blur
The Red Blur
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Dogy9978 Sat Dec 31, 2016 12:42 am

The bio is getting g bigger and bigger. Though I have yet to see you put liela or lillith in thy positive relationships.
Dogy9978
Dogy9978
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down