Hello user, SRN is now closed. Feel free to read anything you'd like, but you cannot post.
Thank you for being part of this community.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello user, SRN is now closed. Feel free to read anything you'd like, but you cannot post.
Thank you for being part of this community.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Darker Purpose

+2
Electrisa
Dione
6 posters

Page 16 of 27 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 21 ... 27  Next

Go down

A Darker Purpose - Page 16 Empty Re: A Darker Purpose

Post by Shrike Marine Mon Jun 06, 2016 9:31 am

-Shrike leaned his head so he could view Caen, Caen could see his left out round the part of the helmets visor that had been blown away, his eye alone could tell Shrike was feeling a bit off, by how it was frowning and shifting a lot, All tho he was impressed by his natural skill of magic.-

" Seems like you are getting the hang of this...thing...called erm...magic? I was told that it was fake, just another lie the world wanted us to believe huh, well it seems real enough for me as I see it with my own eyes.

Caen...there is something I need to talk to you about, it is to do with fixing...Liela...I know where to go to find what we need to bring her back to the physical world...its just...just...It is a place I swore to never return to...the old abandon Ark gate facility...where the crisis first started. If my memory serves me will...there is something inside there capable of returning her to normal....

but..this may sound stupid..but I don't want to go alone, that place...is something I am terrified of...its a dark and unforgiving facility. I never thought I had to go back..but I am willing to do it to fix Liela.

I just thought if you would join me we would be a lot safer, plus you can also keep my sanity in line, you seem to be good in that case as well, stopping me from going off the rails. I have no idea what is lurking down there...what still remains...but it's our best bet to fixing her...I think the risk is worth it." 
Shrike Marine
Shrike Marine
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by The Red Blur Mon Jun 06, 2016 10:18 am

After listening to Shrike speak about the potential solution to Liela's issue, he stood there for a few seconds, before his smile widened, and he burst out laughing "are you kidding?! I mean, seriously?! You think I'd abandon you all now?! I'm almost offended. But, nonetheless, I would be honoured to fight alongside you once more." Caen placed the book down on the floor "plus, you say it's dark. Something tells me you'd be needing some light," Caen said, chuckling.
The Red Blur
The Red Blur
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Dogy9978 Mon Jun 06, 2016 10:49 am

"And what reason would that be Lillith. No offence but it's just a book, it can't really move on its own besides turning its pages." She crossed her arms. "No the book is fine but I'm not talking about the book. I'm talking about the poor mage trapped in the book. I just hope he doesn't try anything funny. I kind of like Caen to stay good. "

Last edited by Dogy9978 on Fri Jun 10, 2016 2:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Dogy9978
Dogy9978
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Shrike Marine Mon Jun 06, 2016 11:28 am

" Inside the complex, some where deep in the restricted zone lays the key to all of this, It is called the Harbinger Sphere, It was a artifact hauled out of Dark Terra, before there only stories and rumors of the artifact and its properties, stories such as able to bring life back from those who passed on, or use it for untold destruction, It was discovered that the longer you spend near this artifact..the more corrupt you became, as time went on tests were carried out, personal subjected to the tests went insane and tried to use the orb for the soul purpose of destroying every thing.

The sphere was classed as dangerous and moved into containment. I hope it's still there, chances are it will, G.U.N wouldn't touch that thing after it was sealed away. The Harbinger holds the ability to bring Liela back to her physical form..but once we get near that thing...we will have to move fast..or any one of us could become corrupt by its power. Once the Sphere is used..it should dissipate and return to its origin. Meaning if it fails...we will not get another chance.

Also I have no idea what is lurking down there..I never ventured far into the deeper workings on the facility. Just wanted to get away. Don't expect a fight..but don't let your guard down either....It's man made hell down there."  
Shrike Marine
Shrike Marine
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by The Red Blur Mon Jun 06, 2016 11:41 am

"I can imagine it is... Well, I can imagine anything that G.U.N has made that much effort to cover up would be..." He turned away, resting his chin in his hand "so, when we're in, we need to be quick. I trust you know the route to this... Harbinger thingy?"

At this point, Caen overheard Lillith's conversation, and gasped "wait... So you mean, that book. There's a mage inside that?!" He quickly picked up the book and lay it on a table not too far from where he was standing "a-apologies, sir." He spoke towards the book, bowing. If anyone had seen that without context, it would have been a very odd site, indeed.
The Red Blur
The Red Blur
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Dogy9978 Mon Jun 06, 2016 12:46 pm

The book turned to a blank page near the end of the book. Very fancy writing started to appear. "You are forgiven." Then the book closed.

Liela looked at Lillith with a serious face. "what do you mean try something funny?" "Well, he was a real prankster when he wasn't in that book. Recin and I would always do something funny together." Lillith noticed she was not really explaining the issue. " All I'm saying is that being a book hasn't changed his personality at all. Like if Caen were to cast I don't know a flying spell, there is a chance that he will turn to a page that will summon a banshee." She laughed a little.

Last edited by Dogy9978 on Fri Jun 10, 2016 2:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Dogy9978
Dogy9978
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Shrike Marine Mon Jun 06, 2016 1:05 pm

-Shrike was going through some old data stored in his suit, he was already planning ahead for where they were going, thankfully the suit still had a basic map layout of the base, so getting in and going to the general location, would not be hard, Shrike found it strange, something was still sending data to his suit, something still active inside the complex. That began to concern him, if something was still transmitting, could it be survivors ? He was not sure, not a chance there would be any left, if G.U.N didn't exterminate them they would of run out of supplies of the lock down. It was probably a terminal still active. This meant the complex still had power, that was both good and bad.-

" Hmmm, that is strange..I am still picking up a signal from the complex...something or some one is still transmitting...I thought they shut it down for good and killed the power....this does not make any sense...it can't be a survivor..would of either been shot or died from lack of supplies. I am gathering a lot of info from this...complex lay out map, sections , logs.. lots of data...indication the signal is fluctuating....I can't wait any longer...Caen...we have to go now. Found that artifact, discover what is going on inside...and fix Liela...gather your gear..we are moving out." 
Shrike Marine
Shrike Marine
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by The Red Blur Mon Jun 06, 2016 1:13 pm

Shrike spoke in a desperate manner. He had to go to this facility containing the harbinger sphere, and he needed to go now. Caen nodded "if there's power, something tells me it won't be as simple as I thought." He picked up his blades, after throwing them on the floor in anger earlier, he strapped them to his sides quickly, giving a tug to ensure they were secure "alright. Liela, Lillith. We're going now. Coming with?" He looked at the pair. He had heard of the potential issues working with the mage inside the book could have. He didn't react, but he breathed an internal sigh of relief all the same.
The Red Blur
The Red Blur
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Dogy9978 Mon Jun 06, 2016 1:29 pm

Liela heard Caen call for her and Lillith. " Where are we going? Why the rush?" She floated to Caen curious. Lillith went and took the book from the table. She gave a little smile to it. "If you want to come you have to promise to not do anything crazy" The book opened and closed repeatedly. Lillith went close to it and whispered. " Just keep things interesting"

Last edited by Dogy9978 on Fri Jun 10, 2016 2:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Dogy9978
Dogy9978
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Shrike Marine Mon Jun 06, 2016 1:34 pm

-Shrike picked up his large weapon, he scans through the logs one last time before, exiting the house, the actual destination was in fact not to far from her place. Shrike knew this place as extremely dangerous..lots of potential hazards awaited them, he took lead in front of them, Shrike was hoping there would not be a fight, he was still recovering from his battle damage.-

" We are going to the Arkgate facility...there we will find the way to bring you back, it is not to far off, I estimate 2-3km from your complex is where the facility is located. However once we enter that facility..keep your wits about you...the fact that something is still giving off a signal down there has my suspensions high, oh...and keep on the look out for G.U.N personal...if they know some one is near the complex or entering it...they will send in teams to eliminate us..."  
Shrike Marine
Shrike Marine
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by The Red Blur Mon Jun 06, 2016 2:01 pm

Before leaving Caen turned to Liela "we're leaving because there is a small chance we could potentially bring your physical form back, but, to do that we need a certain device, and we need to be fast if we want to get to it." He pointed to Lillith "and don't act like I can't see you with that book! Look, if it gets us killed, I swear to god, I will make your life in hell miserable." Caen said. His tone was pleasant, so his words were merely a joke, and this was obvious to most. To some, however, his humour could be... Inflammatory, at best.

Caen walked out of the house, following closely behind Shrike "of course I'll keep my guard up. When do I not?"
The Red Blur
The Red Blur
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Dogy9978 Mon Jun 06, 2016 2:28 pm

"Oh don't worry, we're not going to kill you". She leaned in the book closer"that green guy tho..." She giggled. "LILLITH" She went and threw a beam at Lillith before following Shrike. " UNBELIEVABLE" She looked mad.

Last edited by Dogy9978 on Fri Jun 10, 2016 2:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Dogy9978
Dogy9978
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Shrike Marine Mon Jun 06, 2016 3:01 pm

-Shrike in all honesty had just given up with Lilith, he preferred to simply ignore he comments, she was unable to see that Shrike was doing a hell of a lot to help her master, but this was a usual thing these days, beings often ungrateful for deeds he had done for them, it would not take the gang long to spot the facility on the horizon, overgrown and in a bad shape this is what happens when you leave a facility to rot. Shrike stopped as soon as he could an eye on it, it felt a sense a fear rush down his body..as if a cold breeze skimmed past him, it was a automatic reaction, he had no control over it. He had paused only for a few before continuing. Now they were entering really dangerous grounds.

Shrike raises his weapon as he moves in closer, the area seemed quiet with no visible signs of G.U.N personal any where, finally they made it up to the front doors, thick heavy reinforced plated doors build to stop any thing from getting in...or out, there was a small terminal on the left wanting a hand print. Shrike placed his hand down on it as it scanned over.-

" Scan print identification complete...welcome Corporal Shrike."

-The large two doors opened, and there was the entrance to the facility, Shrike stared down the poorly lit hallway of the entrance, he felt almost unable to move from fear, but just like he dealt with other problems. He sucked it up and entered the base.-
Shrike Marine
Shrike Marine
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by The Red Blur Mon Jun 06, 2016 5:08 pm

"wait," Caen said, walking in front of Shrike, "you want us to be wary, but you don't want the light to be in front?" Caen held up his hand, summoning a flame "because, seriously, this place is really poorly lit, for a place with power." He continued walking, holding his arm up to see ahead. The walls, from what Caen could see, were made of a white, metallic material, yet it had lost it's sheen with years upon years of thick dust and rot to gather. The smell was as expected with any place like this- musty, yet there was a slight chemical odour in the air. A chill ran down Caen's spine "I can see why you don't like this place," he muttered.
The Red Blur
The Red Blur
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Dogy9978 Mon Jun 06, 2016 5:39 pm

as soon as Lillith entered the facility, she sensed something And almost dropped the book. She looked scared. Whatever she sensed had really freaked her out. She looked at Liela only to see her going a different direction than everyone else. "Master where are you going?". Liela stopped and turned to Lillith. " I thought I saw something. " "Please do not stray from the group. I'm getting bad vibes in here" She was holding the book tight.

Last edited by Dogy9978 on Fri Jun 10, 2016 2:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Dogy9978
Dogy9978
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Shrike Marine Mon Jun 06, 2016 6:38 pm

" Liela!...Don't venture off, this facility will mess with you, make you see and hear things that are not really there...and god knows what else is inside this base that was contained....Caen..take point keep that light up, our first goal is to reach the command control room, from there I can figure out where we need to go....this is bringing back bad memories..., watch your step, base is falling apart.-

-As they would venture into the complex, they all could see scars of what happened here 4 years ago, blood splatters across the wall had dried up, fallen soldiers perched up against the side of walls, empty casing shells and of course bodies of the dark ones rotting away, it was a awful sight.

Shrike looked upon all of it, it was like he was just here yesterday..it was a lot for him to cope with..these same hall ways..the same sounds and images. Now and then they could hear what seemed like things breaking, metal creaking, and strange ambient sounds. Shrike kept watch over Liela as they moved on, every room had the same scarred scene, they had passed by several sealed doors, some were labeled.

Genetics

Weapons

Power source research

containment zone.
Shrike Marine
Shrike Marine
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by The Red Blur Mon Jun 06, 2016 7:21 pm

As Caen walked through the hallways, they begun to get more and more gory. Dried blood covered the white walls, skeletons with remnants of armour lay against the walls. Dark ones lay on the ground, somehow still rotting after all this time. "They take a long time to decompose..." Caen remarked, moving his hand away to light up the carcasses less. He passed by room after room. The basics, such as weapons, and power, but one specific one sent another chill down his spine:

containment zone

"Id hate to think what they're containing in there," Caen muttered, laughing nervously. He was just about as scared as everyone else, which was clear by how often he jumped at the ambient sounds.
The Red Blur
The Red Blur
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Dogy9978 Mon Jun 06, 2016 8:23 pm

Liela floated slower and slower until she was behind the group. She kept seeing shadows moving left and right but ignored them. Well, she tried to ignore them. She just about had enough of it. She turned to a random wall. "STOP FOLLOWING ME!" To anyone else she was talking to a wall. Liela saw the shadow phase into the wall. "Hey come back here!" She phased into the wall going inside another room. Lillith went after Liela but truly all she did was run into the wall. "Oww"

Last edited by Dogy9978 on Fri Jun 10, 2016 2:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Dogy9978
Dogy9978
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Shrike Marine Mon Jun 06, 2016 8:46 pm

-The room she entered was the room where Shrike got fitted into HAVEC suit,  ghostly dark shadow, and outline of a person, using the control panel, it seemed like the spirit of one of the scientists, the ghostly image saw her, and spoke to her as its voice echoed into the hall ways.-

" You must leave this facility...they are still here."

-With that the ghost image faded into nothing, seemed like the place was haunted..probably by those who met their end here. Shrike looked back only to find Liela was missing.-

" Dammit, I told her not to move off on her own accord, we can not split up...LIELA!...LIELA where the hell are you!...dammit Caen..we gotta go find her." 
Shrike Marine
Shrike Marine
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by The Red Blur Mon Jun 06, 2016 10:25 pm

Caen sighed, dropping his arms downwards, as the flame went out "it's never simple, is it?" He muettered, walking back the way they came, relighting the flame and holding it in front of him "Liela! We really don't have time to waste! Where are you?" He shouted down the hallway, using his free hand to cup around his mouth. He grumbled, thinking to himself 'this is something I'm doing for you, remember? Jesus Christ.'
The Red Blur
The Red Blur
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Dogy9978 Mon Jun 06, 2016 11:08 pm

Liela could hear the echoes of Shrike and Caen calling but she really wanted to find the origin of all the shadows. She kept phasing from room to room. seeing the mass amount of died bodies in the rooms.  "Where are you taking me shadow? Why are the spirits here want me to leave? What is it that is scaring them? " She really wasn't talking about anything but in her mind, she was taking to another shadow. The shadow just kept going into more rooms leading Liela deeper into the facility.

Lillith looked like she was having a little heart attack. She ran from room to room looking for her master. Looking at every part of the room to see if she had a trail of ectoplasm. There wasn't any evident trial to be seen. "Why can't you be like other ghosts that leave ectoplasm everywhere."

Last edited by Dogy9978 on Fri Jun 10, 2016 2:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Dogy9978
Dogy9978
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Shrike Marine Tue Jun 07, 2016 9:11 am

"If we can not find her, she is going to venture deeper and deeper into the facility...If we can reach the command control room, the camera system should still be intact, we could monitor her from there, make it a hell of a lot easier to find her then going room by room, also less danger...come on Caen....I don't want to her to suddenly discover something that was suppose to be locked away...or alert G.U.N to our location..then we will have a hell of a time."

-Shrike continued his path towards the command and control room, the ambient sounds continued to emanate from all sides of the facility, it was a creepy place, some times almost voice like sounds could be heard from with inside.-
Shrike Marine
Shrike Marine
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by The Red Blur Tue Jun 07, 2016 9:17 am

Caen growled "if she gets us killed, I swear to god..." Caen muttered, continuing along the hallways towards the control room. "Frankly, I don't wanna join her, because some G.U.N officer got trigger happy."
The Red Blur
The Red Blur
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Dogy9978 Tue Jun 07, 2016 9:53 am

Liela seemed to be floating slower and slower. She got a little worried when she stopped hearing the others call for her. This made the area silent causing all the ambient sounds to come back. She didn't like that one bit. "Man this place makes me feel like I'm in a horror movie." She looked at the shadow. It seemed to be waiting for her. "Oh sorry for stopping it's just this place... it's unsettling. How could you possibly stay here? "She talked to nothing. 

Lillith silently followed behind Caen when she heard they were going to the control room. "Please be ok master."

Last edited by Dogy9978 on Fri Jun 10, 2016 2:55 pm; edited 2 times in total
Dogy9978
Dogy9978
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Shrike Marine Tue Jun 07, 2016 10:05 am

-Finally reaching the control room access was denied to Shrike, apparently his security clearance was still limited, just like how it always was, so he smashed the controls with the back of his weapon as the door opened.-

" Security?...I don't need a security pass....alright we are in...camera's still working...well most of them..ok let's see here...no...no....huh..lab cameras are offline....hold on I found her....She..got into the HAVEC suit room...and seems to be talking to something that is not there...that's the room where I got the armor from...location Room E27...Caen I'v opened the security on all doors...please go and get her, bring her back to this room...I will start my sweep for the Harbinger Sphere location." 
Shrike Marine
Shrike Marine
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 27 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 21 ... 27  Next