Hello user, SRN is now closed. Feel free to read anything you'd like, but you cannot post.
Thank you for being part of this community.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello user, SRN is now closed. Feel free to read anything you'd like, but you cannot post.
Thank you for being part of this community.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Darker Purpose

+2
Electrisa
Dione
6 posters

Page 14 of 27 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 20 ... 27  Next

Go down

A Darker Purpose - Page 14 Empty Re: A Darker Purpose

Post by Shrike Marine Thu Jun 02, 2016 1:27 pm

- Shrike was surprised himself, didn't know the suit could do that either, but there was little time to dwell on it, his systems where failing and power running out, He had to make a plan fast to delay her. He had to retain her some how, Shrike decided on a bold idea, diverting all power to the armor system, he would hold her in place hopefully long enough for them to return. Vega diverts all remaining power to his armor, Shrike lunges up grabbing her by the neck, pinning her against the closes object he could find, he held her down, hopefully the suit could withstand enough damage for a bit longer, till they came back.- 

" You are not going any where!...come on Liela work with me here! I really don't want to do any thing drastic but you leaving me not much choice!"

-Shrike's armor was starting to break, fragments were falling off, it was unclear just how long or how much he could take.-
Shrike Marine
Shrike Marine
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by The Red Blur Thu Jun 02, 2016 11:40 pm

"brush! right!" Caen said to Lillith, darting out of the door, and down the hallway to the door that he had seen Liela emerge from earlier, presuming that it was her room. He didn't bother taking in the surroundings around him, as he was too focused on finding this brush. He soon found it, after he knocked it off of a desk, and onto the floor. As he ran back through the hallway, he noticed a shard of broken glass on the floor, presumably from the many smashed lava lamps. His mind returned to Voltraire, and if this would have happened if Caen hadn't have intervened. He shook his head, telling himself that he needs to focus on the here and now, and forget what he has done wrong. He ran back in the room "I got it! I'm guessing this is a way if getting dna. If you think about it, arcane rituals are science are pretty similar. I mean, both are reactions of some sort, both require a catalyst, both have unpredictable results... It's quite funny, really."

He passed the brush to Lillith "I presume you know what you're doing, yes? When she gets here, do not listen to her. Cover your ears, if you must. I'll tell you when we get her back, and I'm telling you, we are getting her back."
The Red Blur
The Red Blur
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Dogy9978 Fri Jun 03, 2016 8:00 am

Lillith took the brush. " Don't worry, I know what I'm doing It's not the first time I've had to summon demons. " She read the book for a moment before closing it and began to chant in another language, waving the brush in the air in a rhythmic pattern. The shadows of the room started to separate from the objects they were shadowing and surrounded the brush. Lillith's hand shook harder and harder until she dropped the brush. As soon as the it hit the floor, it got consumed by the shadows. "Get ready to push her Caen.". 

"LET ME GOOOO" She screamed struggling a little. She stopped for a moment. Before laughing. " WAIT A MINUTE! " She phased right through him. " HA HA HAAAA! THE TABLES HAVE T-" Before she could finish the sentence, tons of shadows completely covered her before disappearing. Liela was nowhere to be seen. 

All of a sudden the shadows on the brush became larger until it took the shape of liela. All of the shadows dispersed leaving liela in the middle of the room.  "URNED...." Liela looked like she was about to hit something with force but stopped half way. Looking at the room with a confused face. "WHAT! I WAS WITH SHRIKE MOMENTS AG-" She coughed really hard until her hair brush came out of her mouth dropping on the floor. "What the hell..." Lillith looked at Caen with an "It's time" face.

Last edited by Dogy9978 on Fri Jun 10, 2016 2:34 pm; edited 2 times in total
Dogy9978
Dogy9978
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Shrike Marine Fri Jun 03, 2016 9:41 am

-Shrike backed away after she vanished, he had no clue what the hell just happened, did she escape or simply just vanish. Shrike looked left to right but there was no sign of her, Thankfully he lasted just long enough for her to go, unfortunately he had forgotten that voltraire was still near him, and no doubt the destruction and fighting could of awoken him from it, Shrike spent the time trying to recover from the attack, the Beam energy blasts had crippled him yet again, having enough energy alone to stand was all he could muster at this point.-

" I got a really bad feeling this is not the end...I think I am in for round two with you know who...If they did manage to do as they said..now I have to prevent Voltraire from figuring out and hold him down until the process is complete." 
Shrike Marine
Shrike Marine
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by The Red Blur Fri Jun 03, 2016 10:13 am

Caen watched as shadows emerged from the hairbrush, forming into the shape of Liela. She was clearly shocked at this turn of events. Lillith looked at Caen. It was time. Caen bent back, lifting his leg up, saying "I think it's about time you reflect on your actions, demon. Caen kicked out, sending Liela stumbling towards the mirror.
The Red Blur
The Red Blur
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Dogy9978 Fri Jun 03, 2016 10:56 am

While the kick was too weak to hurt Liela, she did, however, lose her balance. It was just so sudden and she just feels right into the mirror. She comes out of the other side but there was three of her. One looked liked the Liela that everyone met the beginning. That one fell to the floor motionless. The other one looks very demonic. Having dark energy surround it, giving Caen and Lillith a murderous look The last one looked like a complete ghost. But the major difference was that this one looked like a little kid version of Liela wearing different clothes. The ghost liela saw the demon liela and she got scared. She flew behind Caen " P-Please don't h-hurt me"...

Shrike was right about Voltraire waking up. Voltraire had decided to watch from a distance the fight. He enjoyed every minute of it. Knowing well that his plan had worked, well that is until Liela just disappeared. Voltraire was surprised but know Shrike was going to get to him next. He made a run for it deeper in the forest.

Last edited by Dogy9978 on Fri Jun 10, 2016 2:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Dogy9978
Dogy9978
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by The Red Blur Fri Jun 03, 2016 10:58 am

((wait, so how does this mirror work? Are the three on the side Caen and Lillith are on, or are they within the mirror?))
The Red Blur
The Red Blur
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Shrike Marine Fri Jun 03, 2016 11:14 am

-Shrike helmet picked up movement and a familiar energy signature, It was him, with out a doubt, Shrike chased after him, bearing towards his position, he had plans for him, waited all night to finally have the last show down with him, tho it was un clear if Shrike could actually beat him, the attack with Liela had drained most of the power, yet he still chose to go after him.-

" You can't run forever! Voltraire..I am going to find you...and then this will all be over..one last battle...to once and for eradicate you from existence...and for her life...stop running..stop being a coward and face me. Sooner or later..it will happen...you are just delaying the inevitable."  

-Shrike picked up another energy reading, one of which Voltraire was heading before, its energy spike matched that of a level 6 Dark one. Making Shrike think perhaps Voltraire may be using the dark ones as back up.-
Shrike Marine
Shrike Marine
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Dogy9978 Fri Jun 03, 2016 11:19 am

((Ok so the mirror separates energies that are different enough. Liela who is a ghost was possessing her body because it was not completely died. The mirror detected both the body and the ghost as different energies since mobians and ghost have different energies. The demon is also different so it came out as well. All of them came out of the side of the mirror Caen and Lillith are in))

Last edited by Dogy9978 on Fri Jun 10, 2016 2:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Dogy9978
Dogy9978
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by The Red Blur Fri Jun 03, 2016 11:29 am

Caen was shocked by the younger looking, almost translucent version of Liela. She was scared, and hid behind Caen at the sight of her demonic self. "It's okay, Liela," Caen said, drawing his blades "you don't have to be scared ever again. I am here, to shine the flame of a new tomorrow upon this demon." Caen was ready to fight, shown through how he held his blades, one above his shoulder, pointing towards the demonic Liela, the other held across him, in a more defensive position. "Prepare to be exorcised, lowly demon! This body is not yours to possess!"
The Red Blur
The Red Blur
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Dogy9978 Fri Jun 03, 2016 11:49 am

Demon Liela looked like she was livid. "I'M GOING TO END YOU RIGHT NOW!" She lunged at Caen with her claws out. The ghost liela levitated closer to Caen. She grabbed a hold of Caen's arm. Which would give him a cold chill" It's ok master? We will protect you!" She pulled out her whip ready to attack. 

Voltraire was running real fast. He noticed that Shrike was following him and ran faster. He had sensed dark ones near and decided to run to them.

Last edited by Dogy9978 on Fri Jun 10, 2016 2:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Dogy9978
Dogy9978
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Shrike Marine Fri Jun 03, 2016 1:21 pm

-Shrike continued with the chase, firing off rounds at him, wizzing past taking parts of trees clean off, it was clear he wanted to destroy him, however he was getting, closer and closer to the other energy signature. A class 7 entity was known to be of " Cyber" origin, meaning it was a dark one that had been weaponized by the same corporation that build the Arkgate. Class 7 were known to be highly adaptive and smart for a Dark one, combine with there ruthless blood lust and weapons, they were a considerable threat. One was a problem, two really bad and more then 2 was a very very bad place to beat, but there was also a strong chance the Dark ones would attack Voltraire as well, perhaps doing Shrikes work for him.- 

" You are running out of places to go Voltraire..I can sense your fear..you are about to be caught between a rock and a very bad place soon."
Shrike Marine
Shrike Marine
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by The Red Blur Fri Jun 03, 2016 6:15 pm

As Caen stood, Liela's ghostly self took hold of his arm, well, floated around his arm. A chill was sent down it. This was a ghost, clean and simple. "You needn't be afraid. Just... Take a bit of cover. This might get messy."

The demonic version lunged at Caen, her claws sprang outwards. They were razor sharp, and they could easily rend the flesh from his bones. He blocked the attack, crossing his swords in an X-shaped formation, before jumping back, flames beginning to gather around his body again. The adrenaline rushed through his veins, making him breathe heavily. At this point he realised something, something that he could never quite forget. He was fighting a demon, a denizen of Hell. This just caused his smile to widen "you've caused Liela a lot of pain. You do know I'm gonna return that a thousand-fold, right?"
The Red Blur
The Red Blur
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Dogy9978 Fri Jun 03, 2016 8:29 pm

Voltraire stopped running until he found what he was looking for. He stood in front of the dark one, making sure it could sense his immense power. " I have a proposition to make, Dark one. I have an enemy that wants me died. If you help me kill him, I will help you kill and destroy anything without question." He patiently waited for a response. 

The ghost Liela flew behind some cover, making sure that the demon wasn't able to see her. The demon liela gave Caen a grin. " You think you can defeat me? HA, you're more if a fool than I had originally thought, mortal. The same applies to you, inky traitor. Let's see you both take this!" She summoned tons of beams and threw them everywhere. Lillith tried her best to hit the beams away with her whip but she wasn't fast enough to do them all. One of the beams went passed one of her arms, slicing it off. She cried in pain, watching her arm on the floor dissolve into ink. Ghost Liela saw this and quickly flew to Lillith's aid.

Last edited by Dogy9978 on Fri Jun 10, 2016 2:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Dogy9978
Dogy9978
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Shrike Marine Fri Jun 03, 2016 9:26 pm

-With Dark ones who could not resist a tempting offer at total destruction, they reluctantly decided to go after Shrike, these creatures were called Reapers, death deals of flesh and metal, armed with powerful dark origin based weapon systems, the two reapers charge in firing there weapons at Shrike.

Shrike returns fire as a battle takes place, however now Shrike was out numbered 3/1, his only chance was to play smart, use covered and take out the Repears before moving onto Voltraire.-

" Shit I should of known, he would work with such creatures..only further puts my theory to rest that he is a corrupt soul to the very core...well come on then Voltraire..3 to 1 odds..Let's rock!"

-Soon enough the woods were engulfed in fire as Shrike clashed with the Dark ones and Voltraire.-
Shrike Marine
Shrike Marine
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by The Red Blur Fri Jun 03, 2016 10:54 pm

"think? Oh, I know I can." Caen said, however his arrogance was soon exchanged for constant focus, as several beams of dark energy were summoned around the room, he dodged each one, narrowly avoiding an early death every time. However, on the final one, he saw Lillith had failed to dodge, and the beam hit her arm, ripping it clean off. He held out his arm "Lillith! No!" He turned to the demon "you bastard! You will pay dearly for that!" He jumped upwards , some of the flame around him moving away, and turning into arrows around him. He sent them at her, each one travelling a different path. It would truly be an impressive, nay, impossible feat to dodge them all.

Caen landed on his feet after attacking, with a slight thud. He looked at Lillith "I'm sorry. It shouldn't have happened like this. Please, escape while you can, I'll handle her. I promise."

"As for you!" Caen shouted, aggression in his voice rising. He looked at the demon "you will burn in hell with the rest of your friends, even if I have to go down with you!" He jumped at Liela, holding his blades outwards, before landing on her shoulders, planting a few light slashes before jumping away. He was no longer smiling. His face now just displayed a sense of seriousness that neither Liela nor Lillith had seen before
The Red Blur
The Red Blur
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Dogy9978 Sat Jun 04, 2016 12:29 am

Demon Liela tried her best to dodge all of his flame arrows but there was too much. As soon as some of them touched her she screamed in pain as she caught on fire. " AHHHHHHHHH" She went on the ground and rolled to put the fire out. While this was happening, Lillith was looking at the ground. She looked pissed. "Heh heh," She produced a mass amount of ink where her arm was. It slowly but surely formed back into a new arm. "Heh, don't worry about it Caen... ha ha" Her voice sounded monotone. As soon as her arm fully formed, a dark energy visibly surrounded her. Ghost Liela knew exactly what was happening. She flew towards Caen. She desperately tried to grab his hand but it seemed to phase through him. "We... we have to leave right now. Scary Lillith is here! Please, t-trust me the demon's going to get it"

Voltraire gave a laugh when the other dark one's started to hunt down Shrike. When he reached up to Shrike, he gave a glance at him." well you look like you're in a situation here" He sharpened his claws "Mind if I assist?" He ran towards Shrike but this time jumped in the air and threw beams at him.

Last edited by Dogy9978 on Fri Jun 10, 2016 2:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Dogy9978
Dogy9978
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Shrike Marine Sat Jun 04, 2016 10:17 am

-Shrike was busy shooting this way and that way, as the Repears attacked from two angels, they were more smart then typical Dark ones, only so much Shrike was able to keep up with till a energy blast struck him in the leg leg sending him to his one knee, Shrike forced himself back onto his feet as he did, one of the reapers took a massive punch, knocking the armored figure against the trunk of a fallen tree. A bit shook up the lumbering figure rose back to his feet.- 

" To much of a coward to stand alone against me...huh well go figure..once you got what you wanted and they figure it out..those two reapers..are going to come after you next...but you guys are gonna have to do a lot better then that to bring me down."

-Shrike deploys far greater firepower in the form of the already seen 6 barrel rotary gun held by two hands, the weapon opens up as large rounds tear through the woods, the yellow traces lighting up the darkness of the woods, the empty casing falling down to the feet of Shrike.- 

" One more bullet through the heart...we take this tyranny from the start...our quest will not finish till the deed is done...as I take their whole army down...one by one." 
Shrike Marine
Shrike Marine
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by The Red Blur Sat Jun 04, 2016 11:07 am

Caen looked at Liela, a serious expression on his face "after what she's done to you, there's no holding back. Scary Lillith is here, as well as scary Caen. Plus, she seems to burn really easily, so maybe I can lock her down with a barrage of fire whilst Lillith goes in for the kill."

He turned back to the demonic Liela "take this!" He threw one of his swords, the blade catching on fire as it spun through the air. Sure, she could dodge it, although she would end up closer to Lillith than before, which may be a bad idea for her. Either way, Caen was determined to give this demon Hell, quite literally.
The Red Blur
The Red Blur
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Dogy9978 Sat Jun 04, 2016 12:16 pm

Caen's response didn't make ghost Liela feel any better. Demon Liela was able to put the fire out. She got up only to move out of the way to dodge the sword. She didn't really notice that Lillith had Sneaked behind her. " That was a close one" Demon liela turned to Lillith. It was then when Lillith started to rip apart demon liela with her claws. She was just clawing too fast and it got gory real quick. Demon liela tried her best to escape but Lillith would just splash ink on her to make her stop. This made the screams of demon liela sound like loud gurgles. Lillith Ripped organs and skin off. Showing no mercy. Didn't stop until demon Liela stopped moving. when it look like demon liela was no more, Lillith simply walked away to another room. " I need to take a shower" Ghost liela gave Caen a look...

. Voltraire didn't really care what Shrike said. He wanted him died. Voltraire tried to get close to Shrike again and choke him hard. Of course, this stopped seconds after when he sensed demon liela's energy drop to zero. Voltraire had suddenly got a worried face. " Liela... No, you can't die." He was looking at the direction of his house.

Last edited by Dogy9978 on Fri Jun 10, 2016 2:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Dogy9978
Dogy9978
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Shrike Marine Sat Jun 04, 2016 12:30 pm

-Shrike decided this was it..he now had one chance left to take down Voltraire for good, While in his grip, Shrike was running out of air combined with his wounds and depleted energy, Shrike pulls forth the Gauss cannon. With Voltaire's eyes some where else, this gave Shrike the chance he needed, he pulls by the sliding leaver on the weapon, before pointing it at at point blank range, Shrike very well knew this was probably going to Kill both Voltraire and himself, but it seemed like he was willing to take it, the Gauss powers up-

" Hey....Voltraire....its over...and you know....I'm taking you with me!.....This is for her."

-Shrike pulled the trigger as a massive explosion detonated at ground zero, a large blue sphere imploded right in the middle of the woods, a shock wave, ripped from the explosion extending far out, the distinct sound of a heavy electric guitar note was heard as the explosion went off.

The sound traveled for miles and miles as its echo finally subsided into the distance, then all went quiet. While it was unclear at this point if either of them survived it, the chances were pretty high that neither could of survived a weapon of that power at that range.-
Shrike Marine
Shrike Marine
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by The Red Blur Sat Jun 04, 2016 1:50 pm

Caen watched as Lillith ripped the demon apart, bits of gore flying in all directions, splattering across the walls. He covered his face with his arm to block a splattering of blood going his direction. "That... Is one way to do it..." Caen said, holding back the urge to vomit. When Lillith remarked that she needed a shower, Caen replied "I'll say. Talk about getting your hands dirty."

At this point, Caen finally noticed the less ghostly Liela on the floor. This one looked like the Liela he had met, not too long ago, deep in that forest. He ran over, kneeling down. He looked over at the ghostly version, before turning back to the collapsed one on the floor "wh-what? Shouldn't there be... The demon and the real one... Why is there three?" He looked at the ghost again, and noticed she was giving Caen a look "what's wrong?" Caen said, his face showing concern, yet his voice showing fear.
The Red Blur
The Red Blur
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Dogy9978 Sat Jun 04, 2016 2:25 pm

Ghost Liela floated to her body and touched it and tried to possess it but nothing happened. It didn't move. Ghost Liela sighed and looked at the ground. " Couldn't stay alive long enough without something in you... guess I couldn't keep this act up forever." She turned to Caen. " I'm sorry, but the real Liela has been dead for a very long time. I... I should have told you sooner. This whole time you've been saving something that isn't even." She couldn't finish the sentence before bursting into tears. " I-I shouldn't even exist right now but somehow I'm still here"

Last edited by Dogy9978 on Fri Jun 10, 2016 2:39 pm; edited 2 times in total
Dogy9978
Dogy9978
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Shrike Marine Sat Jun 04, 2016 2:41 pm

-Time went on and Shrike didn't come back, the fires swept across the forest tops eventually burning them self out, the war torn part of the wood marked chaos and destruction, with no trace of Voltraire, it was still undetermined. If he had been destroyed or not, Shrike some how by sheer luck or something was still alive, but he had been brutally injured and damaged from the blast, his armor was in a terrible condition, Parts were missing, scorch marks all over, his helmet had the top left part blown away, exposing the top part of his face, He limped out of the smoke clutching his shoulder.

Shrike looked back at the carnage that had unfolded, his distinct navy blue eye shifting left to right searching for any remains of Voltraire to no avail. Shrike's body gave in as he crashed to his two knees, using his one hand to keep himself from hitting the ground.-

"It....is done......Liela.....you are free."

-And with those last words, Shrike hit the ground with a thud.-
Shrike Marine
Shrike Marine
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by The Red Blur Sat Jun 04, 2016 3:31 pm

Caen wished he could reach out and comfort Liela, but every effort was met with his hand just passing right through. He was close to tears himself. "I... I..." He crushed himself into a ball, slamming his fist into the ground "this doesn't make sense!" He shouted, tears beginning to well up in his eyes "how can you have been living, if you died?! This can't be happening! This can't be..." His voice grew quiter "all this time... I... I should've noticed sooner..." He buried his face further into his arms "but if I had never tried to help, you'd still be alive... At least, in the sense that you were. Voltraire wouldn't have done this if I just stayed away!"

Caen screamed, burning embers erupting from him, but they quickly died, as Caen flopped back down to the ground "I'm... I'm sor-" he couldn't even finish the sentence as he began to cry, much harder than the last times that he had cried in front of the group "I failed you, again... And there's... There's no way I can put it right! I'm... I'm the worst person to ever stain the pages of history!" He continued punching the floor, more and more tears dropping.
The Red Blur
The Red Blur
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 27 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 20 ... 27  Next