A Darker Purpose

Page 6 of 27 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 16 ... 27  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: A Darker Purpose

Post by *superkalvis on Mon May 16, 2016 11:33 pm

(wait, is it my turn or Leila's?

"The important thing is not how long you live. It is what you accomplish with your life. While I live, I want to shine. I want to prove that I exist. If I could do something really important, that were to definitley carry on into the future. And so, if I were to disappear, I think that all I have accomplished will go on. That is, That will mean it's living, right?" -Grogyle, Pokemon Mystery Dungeon.
*superkalvis
Standard Member
Standard Member

Back to top Go down

Post by The Red Blur on Mon May 16, 2016 11:35 pm

(( the turn order currently is:

-Me
-Liela
-you
-Shrike))

Amazing art of Caen done by the equally amazing Uncanny Illustrator!

Creator of Caen Flare, the bio of which can be seen
HERE: http://sonicrpnation.forumotion.com/t3905-caen-flare#178424
The Red Blur
Legend Member
Legend Member

Back to top Go down

Post by *superkalvis on Mon May 16, 2016 11:50 pm

(oh ok)

"The important thing is not how long you live. It is what you accomplish with your life. While I live, I want to shine. I want to prove that I exist. If I could do something really important, that were to definitley carry on into the future. And so, if I were to disappear, I think that all I have accomplished will go on. That is, That will mean it's living, right?" -Grogyle, Pokemon Mystery Dungeon.
*superkalvis
Standard Member
Standard Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Dogy9978 on Tue May 17, 2016 12:07 am

Liela thought she had snapped Shrike out of it when he stopped moving but quickly lost hope when he tried to choke her. "Shrike!!! I'm not one of them!!!" He just kept talking and looking for a gun. Caen came after a couple moments and ask if anything had changed. Liela gave a very worrying look at Caen. "Y-you should back away. He thinks we're enemies. He might attack you"  Liela didn't know how she could get him out of his state. But that wasn't going to stop her from trying.

She took her gunblade out. (Maybe the loud noise of my gun will snap him out of it) She started to power the gunblade with her energy. The small charge meter on the gun blade went up until it had reached its limit. Liela looked at Caen and the stranger. "You guys should cover your ears. This is going to be really loud." Liela pointed the gunblade to the sky and it auto-aimed at a random bird. There was a moment of silence before a bolt of pure energy in the gunblade shot out. The noise that came out was ear-piercing. The decibel level was so high, that nearby glass windows shattered. The bird that had been flying moments before was completely obliterated when the bolt of energy touched it.

Last edited by Dogy9978 on Fri Jun 10, 2016 1:27 pm; edited 2 times in total
Dogy9978
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by *superkalvis on Tue May 17, 2016 12:24 am

The Young Hedgehog covered his ears. "My Gaia! Those are frequencies only dogs should hear!" When it was over, he looked at Shrike. "If you needed to do THAT to MAYBE snap him out of it, then MAN he must be bad!"
*superkalvis
Standard Member
Standard Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Shrike Marine on Tue May 17, 2016 10:07 am

-Shrike was just inches from grabbing the weapon, when all of a sudden the Gunblad discharges, spending out a massive high pitched sound, as Shrikes helmet could amplify sounds, it was far louder to him then the rest, he released his grip from her neck putting both of them around his helmet, yelling in pain it was like pure torture, infact the sound was powerful enough that it even cracked his visor a bit and that was strong material to begin with.

Blood began to leak down from under his helmet....Soon enough Shrike dropped his arms by his side and lay still, not moving apart from his chest rising and falling from each breath he took.

It seemed like her attempt may have either worked or just knocked him out again, either way he was now not in any position to threaten them any more, He seem to slowly roll his head back and forth, a far calmer state then when he was in just now.

The chaos was over for now, Shrike was more less stable at this point, but this must of been a bit of a horrific show for the new comer. Upon further inspection a well worn and user attempted removal logo was seen on the left left shoulder armor piece. This Logo was the infamous "G" that stood for G.U.N further backing his story that he use to be one of them but there seemed to be another signature on the right shoulder, It had a engraving saying S / A, What ever that meant was unknown.
Shrike Marine
Master Member
Master Member

Back to top Go down

Post by The Red Blur on Tue May 17, 2016 11:07 am

Liela pointed her weapon in the air, telling Caen and the newcomer to cover their ears, something that Caen proceeded to do, and quickly. The sound that emitted from her gunblade was definitely ear-splitting and even when Caen covered his ears, the sound was still painful to hear. Glass panes around them shattered, covering the grass in shards that had begun to resemble raindrops, as they had broken into a fine dust. Caen noticed Shrike's visor cracking as the sound began to subside, and a trail of blood crept out from underneath the helmet.

Caen ears kept ringing for a few minutes after the end of the discharged sound, and then he lowered his hands. "The hell was that?!" Caen shouted, looking back at Shrike. He noticed the slow flow of blood, and begun to panic once again "oh, god, this is worse than I thought! Liela! Help me get this helmet off!" Caen said, desperately trying to yank it off of Shrike's head. No doubt the helmet had caved slightly, and it was probably impossible to take the helmet off. The only way to do it was to break it, but if it took all that sound to put a mere crack into the visor, Caen would never be able to break it. "It's stuck!"

Caen stood up, turning around and screaming in anger. A flame erupted from him, turning into a large fireball before dissipating "Why am I so weak?!" Caen shouted towards the sky.

The Red Blur
Legend Member
Legend Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Dogy9978 on Tue May 17, 2016 7:43 pm

Liela wasn't able to cover her ears when her gun blade shot. The pain was so much for her ears and she dropped her gun blade to put her hands on her ears. Her ears were ringing for a moment but suddenly the noise stopped. She looked around seeing the little stranger saying something but couldn't hear anything. Liela knew exactly what happened . (Calm down Devionus. This isn't the first time a blast from that gun caused you to go deaf.)" It's only temporarily." She murmured pressing her ears to make the pain go away. 

Then she looked over to Shrike only to see Caen looking even more worried and frantic. He was trying to take Shrike's helmet off. He didn't look like he was able to take it off. Turning around having a fit. "YOU WANT IT OFF??? I CAN HELP!!!" Liela didn't notice how loud she said that and went closer to Shrike. She put her hands on his helmet and phased it away from Shrike's head. "DOES THIS HELP???" She put the helmet on the floor and rubbed her ears.

Last edited by Dogy9978 on Fri Jun 10, 2016 1:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Dogy9978
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by *superkalvis on Tue May 17, 2016 10:58 pm

The newcomer saw everything. from the bleeding, to the fireball. He then had an idea. He took off his vest, reached into it's pocket, and took a blue orb out of it. he then walked to Shrike. "This might help. This orb can heal wounds."

He put the orb onto shrike. It then started to glow.

*superkalvis
Standard Member
Standard Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Shrike Marine on Tue May 17, 2016 11:15 pm

- As she removed the helmet off Shrike under neath it seemed to be a thick kind of black balaclava that covered his face, the only exposed part was his eyes, his eyes were a distinct navy blue mixed with fragments of light blue, they seemed calm enough to indicate that the situation had calmed down.

Until the new comer had arrived bearing what seemed to be a orb like entity in the palm of his hand, Shrike slowly rolled his head to the lift seeing this. This immediately sparked another response to him, Shrike saw in his mind, the Zenith Sphere the sphere was a powerful artifact originating inside the dimension of which dark ones came from, of course it was not the Zenith sphere he was just hallucinating, The Zenith Sphere held untold power to the one who wielded it, giving almost limitless energy and power to any one who had it in its grasp. Of course he didn't say a word.

The way his eyes shifted back and forth at the Orb indicated he was either nervous or scared of it. Vega spoke, the AI that resided in the helmet.-

" I believe shrike is now stabilized, but signs indicated accelerated heart rate and heighten awareness. Do not attempt to remove the mask over his face, it is connected to the suits structure any forcible method will prove unsuccessful, only Shrike can remove the armor, any foreign attempt will result in a defense electrical discharge..I will continue to monitor him, signs indicate he will be alright.-  
Shrike Marine
Master Member
Master Member

Back to top Go down

Post by The Red Blur on Wed May 18, 2016 9:57 am

A voice came from Shrike's helmet, that had already been tossed aside. The information that the voice gave made Caen relax slightly. His muscles were less tensed, and his face was less panicked. He seemed... Calm "he'll be alright? Damn, that must be some advanced ai. You were really screwed up."

He stood up, brushing the dirt off of him. "Looks like we won't need your orb thing, uh..." Caen spoke towards the hedgehog, getting stuck on his name. "Oh! I don't believe we introduced ourselves! My name is Caen. Caen Flare." Caen took a slight bow "and who might you be?"

The Red Blur
Legend Member
Legend Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Dogy9978 on Wed May 18, 2016 12:01 pm

Liela saw Caen calm down after a little bit. She could faintly hear things now. She was able to catch a little of what Caen had said something about Shrike being alright. Liela smiled a little knowing her plan worked sort of. She went back to pick up her gun blade from the ground and started to head towards her house. "We should take him inside. Unless you guys would rather have him laying outside." 

She opened the front door and went inside. She saw some of the lava lamps had been broken. She went close to one and almost touched it but a voice made her stop. " Don't worry they're replaceable." She turned and Voltraire was sitting on one of the sofas with several suitcases, counting money. "I'd be more worried about your current situation outside" He gave an evil smile at Liela. Liela quickly got scared. "H-how did y-you get here-"there's a back door you know, or, did you assume I would enter with suitcases filled with stolen money through the entrance? And here I am thinking you thought better of me"

Last edited by Dogy9978 on Fri Jun 10, 2016 1:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Dogy9978
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by *superkalvis on Wed May 18, 2016 9:12 pm

"Well.. yeah.. we won't need the orb, I guess" the Hedgehog followed Leila inside. When Caen didn't know his name, he replied. "I'm Sivlak. Sivlak the Hedgehog. Um.. What's your name?" He looked at  Leila (who he doesn't know the name of yet)

*superkalvis
Standard Member
Standard Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Shrike Marine on Wed May 18, 2016 9:35 pm

- Shrike could do nothing but stare at Voltraire, he was right there but Shrike was unable to move for the time being, It was also partially due to the suit going into shut down mode where it begins a small repair cycle. Shrike has many thoughts going through his mind at this stage, one of the reasons he had departed from Liela was to find him, Shrike believed his influence was only destroying her, he didn't often do good deeds for others, but since he knew her story he was willing to make an exception.

All tho he was not sure what to really do, Shrike had known of him some time before meeting her but he never knew the real story, but if it was one thing he did know, it was that he was indeed a Mobian who was no good, unable to trust,  and underhanded person. 

Spotting the cases of cash he just raked in, it indicated he had just robbed a place, another tick off for Shrike on his marker against him, Shrike managed to regain some strength, enough for him to reach over to grab his helmet, he removes the shattered visor as a newer one takes its place. Slowly he fits the helmet back over his head. 

Shrike would also be unable to defend her if Volt became aggressive about the current situation, further more unable to protect himself if he should decide to deposit of Shrike and the rest. As the time ticked by slowly and surely Shrike was regaining strength but remained silent, not muttering a single word.-
Shrike Marine
Master Member
Master Member

Back to top Go down

Post by The Red Blur on Wed May 18, 2016 10:46 pm

Caen walked in after Liela and this Sivlak. He helped Shrike get in, and allowed Shrike to sit down. There was a newcomer in the room, talking to Liela. He had a floating crown above his head. Caen chuckled internally at this- he may be arrogant, but he wouldn't go so far as to call himself a king. The hedgehog was counting money on the sofa. He looked at Sivlak "I'm Caen, pleased to meet you, Sivlak." Then, he turned to the hedgehog "and you must be Voltraire. I've heard a lot about you, not all of which I'm prepared to share."

Caen looked down at the money Voltraire was counting "I highly doubt that money's yours, either. Now, I would be the kinda guy to immediately detain you where you stand, buuuut I've git a lot on my plate right now, so this can be our little secret, 'kay?" Caen smiled arrogantly, winking at Voltraire.

The Red Blur
Legend Member
Legend Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Dogy9978 on Thu May 19, 2016 1:56 am

Voltraire chuckled at Caen's promise to keep a secret. (I highly doubt that will last for long) "That's good to hear. I personally don't like to get into fights." He gave a glance at Sivlak but stopped and stared at Shrike. "Hmm," There was a moment of silence than Voltraire spoke again. " Well, I'm not one to leave guests unattended. Would any of you like a drink? Liela can make a delicious Iced mocha for you."  He turned to Liela only to see her extremely nervous. "Y-yeah, I can make the b-b-best Iced mocha" Liela was tense. Voltraire saw this and looked worried for her but his face quickly was changed, appearing more serious. "Forget it Dev, go to your room, I got this" Liela just stood there. Voltraire looked extremely surprised. He gave Liela a very threatening face. "Excuse me? I said go to your room." Liela looked at everyone and gave a sigh. Then she walked away to another room. Voltraire quickly turned to everyone else with a face of anger " What did you do to my Liela? She would have never hesitated to do as I say. What did you tell her? Hmm???" He twitched a little.  "Answer me."

Last edited by Dogy9978 on Fri Jun 10, 2016 1:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Dogy9978
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by *superkalvis on Thu May 19, 2016 9:22 pm

Sivlak sat on the bed. He got out his DS and started playing Sonic Colors. once Caen said his name, he replied "Nice to meet you." Then, Voltraire  asked him what he did. "I didn't do anything. I'm completely new here. I didn't even know her name before you just said it. What, are you her dad or something...?"

*superkalvis
Standard Member
Standard Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Shrike Marine on Thu May 19, 2016 9:32 pm

-Shrike's HAVEC suit finally finishes its cycle and comes back online, Shrike looks down at his fore arm turning it back and forth , gripping his fist before releasing it, finally getting back to his feet, the masked being shifts his head slowly over to Voltraire. Voltraire could see the faint G.U.N symbol on his shoulder plate, Shrike moved towards him, slowly each food made a loud thud finally standing before him. For a few moments nothing but the breath of him inhaling and exhaling was heard.- 

" Voltraire.....the man I have been looking for....seems like you have been wanted for some time....by G.U.N and a few others for some of the stunts you pulled....to finally answer your question...what we did to her....freeing her from your twisted grasp....you are merely using her for your own personal gain...and don't try any smart talk or any thing to me. I have dealt with people like you before. The only reason you are nice and caring to her is so you can make her believe you are her friend, then because of her past she does not want to be alone she is hanging onto what she considers a "friend" while you are using her to do your work..slowly but surely breaking her down, bending her to your will....sooner or later...all this...all of it...is going to come back to get you and don't think you can push me around...I am not some one you want as a enemy."

-Shrike was holding what seemed to be in his left hand a long barrel weapon, it had a large barrel and a pump like feature under it, indicating it was a shotgun type based weapon. For lack of a better term, Shrike was wanting to put a end to him using her. Indeed he was right about crossing his path, Shrike could easily be provoked and become very violent, a unfortunate trait developed over the years.-
Shrike Marine
Master Member
Master Member

Back to top Go down

Post by The Red Blur on Thu May 19, 2016 11:45 pm

Caen looked almost as if he was taken aback by Voltraire's reaction to Liela's defiance. However, a much cockier smile than before spread cross his face. He had gotten this guy right where he wanted him. "Dont worry, Shrike. I got this..." Caen spoke towards Shrike, before turning his attention back towards Voltraire

"twisted grasp is indeed correct, a vice of corruption, a self-perpetuating cycle of denial and disrespect. I should know. I fell into a similar trap, myself... Once." He put one leg up onto the arm of the sofa and leaned on his knee "However, the past is the past. You ask what we have done to your Liela. That's very interesting wording, because I don't believe it is possible to possess another, and don't make me go into how you should treat a woman, because by your age, you surely should know that, by now. But, what we have done, is place her on the path to redemption, the road to the dawn, you might say. People like you aren't worth her time or effort. Plus- burning down a village? Endangering innocent lives? I cannot stand by and watch someone else take the fall for your wrongdoings. You being impressed isn't worth it." Caen chuckled "you consider yourself a king, yet you don't know how to treat your own subjects, it appears." He spoke, referring to the crown floating above Voltraire's head. Caen spoke with purpose, and seemed to drop all colloquialisms, and spoke in a plain, almost threatening manner. He was pissed, and anyone smart enough knew it.

A small, orange light begun to glow in his tightened fist.

The Red Blur
Legend Member
Legend Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Dogy9978 on Fri May 20, 2016 11:31 am

Voltraire's anger was on a whole other level. He was pissed at the fact that they were telling him up. He was about to take these guys on but the darkest idea entered his head. His anger seemed to dissolve away and was replaced by an evil confident smile. He chuckled a little. 

" You guys actually think she can be redeemed? How ingenuous of you all. You may have had her doubt me but I wouldn't go as far as saying you "freed" her" he slowly started to walk to the kitchen. " You know, they say ghosts stay close and protect things that are considered personally valuable to them for all eternity. Even after they lose all their memories from death.  I guess that doesn't really apply to her since she isn't fully a ghost... " He took out a knife from a cabinet staring at it" yet" Voltraire gave everyone a look. " It wouldn't be that hard to find out. A simple slit of the throat will do nicely. She won't even remember who killed her. And when it's all said and done, when she has no memories, who do you think she'll fly too? Who do you think actually matters to her? Some pathetic heroes who only know her for a day, or the villain that's been taking care of her for years. Hmm?" Voltraire gave the most confident face ever. "Let's find out" He made a run for it to Liela's room." LILLITH! TAKE THEM OUT! " 

A dark liquid that had been leaking out of a lava lamp seemed to form into a small mobian cat with different shades of purple hair. She stood right in front of the hallway with a very eager and innocent face." Why don't you guys stay for the show" She took out her ink whip and hit it to the ground with force. " I promise the tricks are to die for."

Last edited by Dogy9978 on Fri Jun 10, 2016 1:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Dogy9978
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by The Red Blur on Sat May 21, 2016 9:43 am

(wait... Who's turn is it? It's been like a day since the last one, so I lost count. I mean, we've all been online after the last reply, so... I'm confused.))

The Red Blur
Legend Member
Legend Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Dogy9978 on Sat May 21, 2016 10:18 am

it's superKalvis's turn but I guess since they havent replied for a day  you can go Shrike.

Dogy9978
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Shrike Marine on Sat May 21, 2016 10:35 am

- Shrike quickly switches back into his natural soldier instinct, quickly assessing the situation at hand before seeming to take control of the problem, he pulls back the front pump of the weapon he had, making a distinct metal like clak sound, a sound that meant he was now loaded and ready to shoot, Shrike turned his attention to Caen and knew they have to split up in order to stop a total disaster from happening.-

" Shit! he is going after her!, Caen I need you to stay here and deal with this little purple fluff ball... And don't tell me you can't hit a lady..because this one is going to kick your ass if you hold back, deal with her as you please, hold her off my bad while I get to Voltraire.... I'v been waiting a while I beat the living day lights out of him! Gotta stop him before he fully kills her...I don't think I can live with that in my conscious if that happened now lets kick some ass!"

-Shrike quickly sprung into action, his first method was to incapacitate Voltraire, if this failed. He would have no other option then to kill him, and that really did not seem to phase him in the slightest. Before Voltraire could go any further Shrike grasped him in his armored hand before throwing him like a ragdoll against a wall with a tremendous force.-

" Taking girls live huh....just when I thought you couldn't sink any lower....now..I giving you a choice..we can do this the hard way..in which I beat the shit of you.....or my way....where I put a bullet through your eyes...so either way you getting a ass whooping...oh and don't worry...Purple fluff ball has is being taken care of as we speak. Let's see how you like it when its your life that is in danger!" 
Shrike Marine
Master Member
Master Member

Back to top Go down

Post by The Red Blur on Sat May 21, 2016 11:15 am

"Resorting to dirty tactics? Why am I not surprised...?" Caen muttered, before turning towards Shrike to listen to him "Usually, Id say I wouldn't hit a lady, but if they're threatening me or others, gender does not matter." He allowed Shrike to get past the inky cat, before cracking his knuckles, before drawing his swords

"I'm guessing you're that demon Liela mentioned. Then again, isn't she your master? Why would you let some guy take your master's life?"

He chuckled "this place is overflowing with betrayal, isn't it? Disgusting, really. Very well."

Caen looked around, noticing a lava lamp that wasn't yet broken. He lifted his leg, kicking the deceptively light lava lamp towards the cat in front of Caen.

The Red Blur
Legend Member
Legend Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Dogy9978 on Sat May 21, 2016 12:27 pm

Lillith saw the lamp coming at her and quickly dodged it but kept her eyes on the shiny object. " I would never let anyone take my master's life unless it is a good thing for master. When she becomes a full ghost, she won't remember her terrible past. She'll stop crying every night over it. Not to Mention that she'll be in this Realm till the end of time. I'll have a master forever.  I'll never lose her." Lillith looked at Caen. She sighed." Why am I even telling you this? You don't know how it feels to lose a master. Then after countless years find a new one only to find out they will never be satisfied with your service because of the past. " Lillith started to shoot ink at Caen. The ink seemed to be shot in a beautiful pattern as if the attack was originally meant for a magic trick.  

Voltraire got slammed into the wall real hard. He let out a scream of pain that was loud enough for everyone who was in the house to hear. Voltraire began to spit out blood but that didn't stop him from listening carefully to Shrike. Voltraire was about to reply but a door a little far away from him suddenly opened. Liela came rushing out after hearing Voltraire's cry of pain. "Voltraire are you o-" Liela saw Voltraire on the floor coughing blood and she went by his side, completely ignoring the knife he held. " OH MY GOD WHAT HAPPENED???" She looked at Shrike, seeing as he is the only person who could have done this. "Shrike please stop this. Please don't kill him!!!" Liela looked like she was about to cry. Voltraire in the other hand moved his head so Shrike could see his face. Voltraire looked at Shrike and said "I win" before he started to brutally stab Liela in the chest several times.

(Now it's your turn Shrike)

Last edited by Dogy9978 on Fri Jun 10, 2016 1:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Dogy9978
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 27 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 16 ... 27  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top