A Darker Purpose

Page 5 of 27 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 16 ... 27  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: A Darker Purpose

Post by Shrike Marine on Sun May 15, 2016 11:04 am

- Shrike zoomed in closer and closer, no doubt in his mind this was a class 8 entity for sure, the size and scale matched records or such creatures, So he could get a lasting image to work on it later, Shrike decides to use the helmet to snap a image of the beast, this unfortunately was a bad move, the click and sound of a picture being taken alerted the beast, It let out a massive roar before aiming what seemed to he a very large and dangerous looking arm fixed gun, Shrike had little time to comprehend what was about to happen, all he could do was spit out two words.- " Well.....Shit."  -Next thing he knew  massive explosion detonated near his feet, hurling the armored figure as if he was thrown like  foot ball, spiraling out of the woods, Thankfully vega managed to use the two jump jets hooked up to his suit to slow the falling speed, Crashing with a massive thud, Shrike rolled multiple times before coming to stop, laying on his face, the impact was great enough that Shrike was not fully unconscious, He must of flown at least 600 meters landing in close proximity to Liela's residence.-   
Shrike Marine
Legend Member
Legend Member

Back to top Go down

Post by The Red Blur on Sun May 15, 2016 1:36 pm

(damn, dude. I'm sorry about that. Hope you're feeling better soon!))

Caen continued looking at the wall, until a beam of light shot past him, much like a comet. He turned, and looked towards Liela "you did that?" He gasped "a real-life magician, oh my god, that's-" Caen stopped, blinking twice, and noticed how childish he appeared. He stood up straight and deepened his voice slightly, before coughing "that's pretty impressive, actually."

Caen's ear twitched again, except this noise appeared much nearer, and instead of a distorted roar, it was more similar to the scraping of metal. The sound was quite irritating, to be completely honest, which forced Caen to cover his ears and say "ugh, can you hear that? It sounds like a chalkboard, but worse! Screw this, I've heard enough for one day, I need to see what the source is."

Caen walked towards the front door, and tore it open "can you keep it down a little bit, you bloody-."
He cut himself off as he looked at what was before him At that very same moment, a fireball shot across the sky, landing not too far from the house.

((a'ight, your time to shine, kalvis!))

Last edited by The Red Blur on Sun May 15, 2016 1:38 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : edits 'n' stuffs)
The Red Blur
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Shrike Marine on Sun May 15, 2016 4:53 pm

(( I think its her turn before. ))
Shrike Marine
Legend Member
Legend Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Dogy9978 on Sun May 15, 2016 4:54 pm

(You think it's my turn?)

Dogy9978
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Shrike Marine on Sun May 15, 2016 4:56 pm

(( Yes, it goes myself, Red, you then formerly Dione, but she is away now. )
Shrike Marine
Legend Member
Legend Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Dogy9978 on Sun May 15, 2016 5:50 pm

(Oh ok)

Liela saw Cean's reaction. She looked beyond ecstatic. (I Knew watching Lillith show the magic tricks she used to do with her old master would pay off.) Liela was about to do another trick but a terribly loud noise caught her attention. Caen seemed to hear it. He stormed off. She followed him out and stopped right next to Caen. "S-shrike???" She walked to him but didn't help him. Instead, she looked at the direction where he was thrown from. She had a feeling a dark one was responsible. Her face got serious, summoning, even more, energy beams.

Last edited by Dogy9978 on Fri Jun 10, 2016 1:19 pm; edited 2 times in total
Dogy9978
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by The Red Blur on Sun May 15, 2016 5:56 pm

((you do know I meant "tore open", as in "opened very angrily", not like Caen ripped the door off its hinges, right? I don't even think Caen is quite that strong))

Amazing art of Caen done by the equally amazing Uncanny Illustrator!
The Red Blur
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Dogy9978 on Sun May 15, 2016 6:08 pm

(it is fixed)

Dogy9978
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by *superkalvis on Sun May 15, 2016 10:03 pm

(okay, may  please get a chance to properly introduce my character?)

"The important thing is not how long you live. It is what you accomplish with your life. While I live, I want to shine. I want to prove that I exist. If I could do something really important, that were to definitley carry on into the future. And so, if I were to disappear, I think that all I have accomplished will go on. That is, That will mean it's living, right?" -Grogyle, Pokemon Mystery Dungeon.
*superkalvis
Standard Member
Standard Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Dogy9978 on Sun May 15, 2016 10:04 pm

(Well this is your chance!)

Dogy9978
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by *superkalvis on Sun May 15, 2016 10:06 pm

Suddenly, there is the sound of metal clanging outside the house (Yes, thia is how I will do it. Why? backstories.)

"The important thing is not how long you live. It is what you accomplish with your life. While I live, I want to shine. I want to prove that I exist. If I could do something really important, that were to definitley carry on into the future. And so, if I were to disappear, I think that all I have accomplished will go on. That is, That will mean it's living, right?" -Grogyle, Pokemon Mystery Dungeon.
*superkalvis
Standard Member
Standard Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Shrike Marine on Sun May 15, 2016 10:39 pm

-Shrike began to regain some of himself, Smoke was pouring off him, he left a fairly long trench in which he had slid after the massive impact from hitting the ground, His hand twitched now and then, curling into a fist for a moment before loosing the strength to do so. What ever hit Shrike was one mother of an attack, The beast that shot him however did not venture out of the woods, Some one or thing called it off, some one who was working with or some how controlling this particular dark one. 

The last sound it made was a long drawn of heavy roar, before the silence finally fell. Shrike by now was regaining a bit more of himself, just enough strength to roll himself onto his back, he looked like 50 different forms of messed up, He had zero strength at this point, he was just staring up at the night sky, his vision and hearing were shot, just a load ringing sound emanating from his ears. A few seconds passed,

Shrike tried again and again to get himself back onto his feet, but ever attempt he made he simply collapsed to the floor, yet his sheer stubbornness made him try and try again.-
Shrike Marine
Legend Member
Legend Member

Back to top Go down

Post by *superkalvis on Sun May 15, 2016 10:54 pm

(Ok, Why won't anybody notice me? I'm just trying to introduce myself.. please, someone notice me! NOTICE ME SENPAI!)

*superkalvis
Standard Member
Standard Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Dogy9978 on Sun May 15, 2016 10:56 pm

(Lol I'm pretty sure Shrike can't notice you. I mean he did just get thrown real hard and is trying to get up. Cean will probably notice though.)

Dogy9978
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by The Red Blur on Sun May 15, 2016 11:10 pm

(( I did notice you, but you seem to have missed that. Oh, well, ON WITH THE RP!))

Caen noticed the armoured man's struggles, and ran over to him, kneeling down. "Shrike?! Oh, god, what's happened to you?" He cried, looking over Shrike for any visible wounds "this is bad. Really bad. Liela, I need you to call the hospital, now! Get us a doctor!"

He turned back to Shrike "can you hear me? Do you know if you're bleeding anywhere?"
Caen was very visibly panicked, a rather rare sight for most. He propped Shrike's head up with his arm "y-you're gonna be okay."

At this point, the sound of clanging metal rung again in Caen's ears. He placed the soldier's head down, drawing his swords, and pointing it at the source "alright, come out where I can see ya! I know you're there!"

The Red Blur
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by *superkalvis on Sun May 15, 2016 11:14 pm

When Cean turned around, he saw a strange metal figure, that almost looked like.. a spaceship! the door was being pushed from the inside, and there was a voice coming from inside. "Ah great! the doors stuck! Ugh, what am I gonna do now!? Then he heared Cean. "H- huh? is someone there? If so, can you please help me out here?

*superkalvis
Standard Member
Standard Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Dogy9978 on Sun May 15, 2016 11:46 pm

Liela was hearing Cean's cries for skrike's health. When he said for her to call the hospital she turned her head to Shrike. "No" she paused. " Remember what he said when I almost... took my life. Shrike said he was a traitor. If we take him to a hospital now. The next time we'll see him is behind bars or executed." She was going to continue but when she turned to look at Caen, there was a spaceship. Cean had made a threat to whoever was on the ship. Then the stranger asked for help getting out. Liela wasn't in the mood for any of this bull and walked very threateningly to the spaceship. "If you know what's good for you, you better back away from those doors." Liela only gave a couple of seconds before throwing several beams at it until there was no more door. She then held up one beam waiting to see what would come out of the ship from the smoke.

Last edited by Dogy9978 on Fri Jun 10, 2016 1:24 pm; edited 2 times in total
Dogy9978
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by *superkalvis on Mon May 16, 2016 12:24 am

He quickly got out of the way of the blasters. out of the smoke, came a little hedgehog. (the one shown in my profile pic) He was coughing. "Ugh, did you have to open it that way?" He opened his eyes, seeing Liela. Ugh.. um Hi! W- What's your name?

*superkalvis
Standard Member
Standard Member

Back to top Go down

Post by The Red Blur on Mon May 16, 2016 6:01 am

((just saying it now, but the way rp works here, we usually wait our turn, much like a tabletop rpg, before writing our characters reaction to the situation))

The Red Blur
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Shrike Marine on Mon May 16, 2016 10:28 am

-Shrike's perception was clouded and blurry, every one and thing around him, seemed out of place, Shrike began to hallucinate, What he began to see, was vivid flash backs of the past, back to the day when it all started, It almost seemed real, to real in fact that he began to think it was happening all over again. With some matter of strength in his body, Shrike shoved Caen away, convinced Caen and those around him where dark ones, he was imagining another part of the story he had yet not told. 

" S-Stay away from me!....No no this can't be happening again...I defeated you!...I'v got to get out I'v got to escape, before they find me! I won't go back I refuse to....Where is the rest of my unit....Seargent do you read me!...any body! Arkgate...Arkgate is open again...I need back up"

- Shrike believed 100% that what he was looking at around him, he was right back at the point in time when this all took place, and the 3 around him were Dark ones trying to tear him to pieces, his vision had him believing he was back in the cold dark corridors of the facility, He began to pull himself in an attempt to get away. He then spilled information regarding the traitor reason.-

" They are coming!...They coming to kill us!...they don't want witnesses! I gotta get outta here!" 
Shrike Marine
Legend Member
Legend Member

Back to top Go down

Post by The Red Blur on Mon May 16, 2016 11:35 am

Noticing that Liela was handling the situation with the large metallic ship-like object, Caen turned back towards Shrike, kneeling back down "b-but if we cant get a hospital... He might..." Caen was close to tears, yet again. He did not want another loss to these beings. He had already failed to protect a village, if he cant even protect one guy, what use was he?

Shrike pushed Caen away, shouting, as though he was elsewhere. He mentioned something about 'Arkgate' being open, and asked Caen why he was here, and that he had already been defeated. Shrike's mind was clearly not with Liela and Caen, causing Caen even more worry "oh, god, this is not good. I-I think he's reliving memories! I don't even think he knows who I am anymore!"

Shrike revealed that witnesses were not wanted, and 'they', whoever they were, were coming to kill him. "Who's 'they'? Shrike, who are these witnesses?" Caen shouted, shaking Shrike, realising that he could not hear, and Caen was pushed away once more. "Wait a minute, could this be why he's on the run? This 'Arkgate'? Was he truly part of G.U.N? I mean, it would make sense that they'd want to cover it up..." He muttered, before getting up. "I'm gonna get something to stop any bleeding. Make sure Shrike doesn't move, Liela!"

The Red Blur
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Dogy9978 on Mon May 16, 2016 1:12 pm

Liela saw the little hedgehog walk out. She was going to introduce herself but seeing as how Shrike seemed to be in another place, she turned to the small hedgehog. "You shouldn't be here little one. Things are getting real right now. Fly away to where you came from."  She walked over to Shrike. "Now now Shrike, It's me Liela remember???" She got closer to Shrike, making herself intangible so he couldn't push her away.

Last edited by Dogy9978 on Fri Jun 10, 2016 1:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Dogy9978
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by *superkalvis on Mon May 16, 2016 10:45 pm

The Hedgehog heard Leila. "Um.. there's kind of a problem about that.. because.. um.. the ship is broken." And sure enough, it was. it was very damaged, with cracks and dents everywhere.

*superkalvis
Standard Member
Standard Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Shrike Marine on Mon May 16, 2016 10:57 pm

-Tho Liela had a good grip on him, it still seemed difficult at best to control him and get him to stop, She was close enough, just enough to see his faint eyes behind the helmet he wore over his head, his eyes shifting to the left then to the right, then suddenly right upon her, he stopped moving for a few moments, did it work ? Did she manage to snap him out of it, that thought would be shattered as he reached up grabbing her neck in the palm of his hand, however due to his weakened state he was unable to hurt her, unable to grip or much of any thing. In his eyes, what was looking down at him was a Dark one.-

" They...they may have taken every thing from me....Family...f-friends...my L-life.......but....I.....refuse to go down!....If....I am....going down....I am taking you with me!!"

- Shrike was not snapping out of it, with his other arm he seemed to be reaching for a large based weapon not to far from him, In his eyes shit was going crazy, flashing blurry visions, horrific noises and more. 

" Run! get out of here! before they come and finish off the witnesses...run!..run!..don't look back just run!"

- This bit of info he spitted out also put the question into focus that he may not have been the only survivor.- 
Shrike Marine
Legend Member
Legend Member

Back to top Go down

Post by The Red Blur on Mon May 16, 2016 11:06 pm

Caen ran through the house, searching for something- something that could put pressure on Shrike's wounds, something that could potentially save his life "bandages... bandages..." Caen murmured as he ran through the house, opening drawers, rooting through cabinets. Eventually he came to the bathroom, and found that behind the mirror there was a medicine cabinet and inside was a small first aid kit. He opened it, looking inside. The contents had some antiseptic spray, a small roll of bandages, and enough material for a make-shift sling, if the worst came to the worst "jackpot!" Cane shouted triumphantly, before running back out of the house, and noticed the other young hedgehog looking at his heavily damaged ship. "Look, guy, we'll get to you later! I'm sure we can patch it up, but, for now... One thing at a time."

Caen returned to Shrike and Liela, getting down on one knee, skidding along the dirt slightly. "Anything different, yet? I got some bandages, and some antiseptic. That's all I could find." Caen said, turning his head to Liela, oblivious to Shrike's desperate attempts to reach for his weapon.

The Red Blur
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 27 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 16 ... 27  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top