Hello user, SRN is now closed. Feel free to read anything you'd like, but you cannot post.
Thank you for being part of this community.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello user, SRN is now closed. Feel free to read anything you'd like, but you cannot post.
Thank you for being part of this community.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hypofictional

+2
ChaoticBou
Dregan
6 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Hypofictional Empty Hypofictional

Post by Dregan Wed Apr 20, 2016 2:40 pm

So, if you're anything like me, as a kid, you used to spend an inordinate amount of time coming up with hypothetical games/stories/whatever about your own characters, usually accompanied by the thought of 'but how cool would that be?' Actually, if you're anything like me, you probably still do that, but shhh.
Either way, as we get older we tend to think about these things less, narrowing our imagination to actually what we can achieve. If you come up with a big cool idea for a game in your mind for instance, 'cause you can't afford to pump out a big triple-A title, you'll tend to shove it aside. Which is a shame because... well, coming up with big hypothetical ridiculous stuff is fun. We lose a lot of 'how awesome would that be?' to go towards 'yeah, but it won't be, so why bother?'
Sooo, yeah, posting this topic as a sort of way to encourage more hypothetical fun thought, to encourage a bit of exercise of the imagination. Every... let's say couple of weeks? I'll probably post a prompt or a question or whatever. May be a range of things like 'If you could create any cartoon in X genre, what would it be about?' to things more specifically like 'What would your characters be like in an alternate universe Western setting?' Of course, these are just opening prompts, the discussion can evolve into more things in that general area. For example if I asked 'If you were a boss battle in a game, how would we fight you?' discussion can easily evolve into how your particular 'boss' and someone else's might know each other in this crazy hypothetical universe you're creating. Essentially it's just a series of fun themed discussions... aaand I've babbled enough, so lemme get started;

If we were to create, say, SRN; The Fighting Game, and you had to pick two of your own characters to be in it - one 'hero' and one 'villain' - who would you pick?
-Note that 'hero' and 'villain' doesn't neccesarily mean that has to be who they are on a general basis, but perhaps the role they play within the game - and your are permissed to shove either of those roles into shades of grey if you want more neutralish characters in there.
-Also, I'mma say two isn't really the minimum, so if you only have like, one character, don't worry about it. Just tell us about 'em!
Dregan
Dregan
Hero
Hero

http://barred.smackjeeves.com/

Back to top Go down

Hypofictional Empty Re: Hypofictional

Post by ChaoticBou Wed Apr 20, 2016 2:55 pm

As much as I'd love to say Bou, if I really need to pick hero/villain characters, I'd have to go with Craid and Prescill. Both being great sword fighters, they totally fit their alignment, seeing as they're basically eachothers arch-enemies. It'd be really interesting to see them fight eachother.
Craid could for example switch between two modes:
-His heavy, two handed sword. Hits hard, has enormous stunning effects but very slow and not very agile.
-He splits up his sword into two pieces. He's more agile and fast, but he hits less and he doesn't stun.
He'd be pretty big and easy to hit, but he has bandages. And I know from experience that that is a healing item~!

I am not even sure what to do for Prescil, because I haven't thought about her that much. She's probably a more sneaky kind of person, using little daggers and a smooth katana. She'd be fast and light and still have some power, but she wouldn't have great specials or anything extra that would make her stick out.

Would still rather see Bou beating everyone's butt though, You can do way more cool stuff with him, so I'm just gonna go break the rules and write about another character.
Seeing as I already put two sword fighters up here, Bou's not gonna use his sword. Instead, he's gonna use his famous CHAOS GAUNTLETS. Yes. They are fab. I love them. Maybe I unconciously got them from Garnet. Idk.
But yeah Bou could be a great mix between melee and ranged, not being able to shoot far, but still have more distance than any other close combat fighter. Most of his skills would be pretty much average, but his specials are probs da coolest.
FREEZE TIME, 1001 PUNCHES, CHAOS BEAM X (X always makes things better) GIANT CHAOS SWORD SLASH, FINISHED BY A GREAT GIANT GAUNTLET PUNCH.
Also if we go Mortal Kombat/Super Smash Bros. His dialogue would be amazing.

That's it. I'm done.

Also can we have SRN TTT the game for realz plox?
DLC characters are Canny, Elec and Greg

Last edited by CyanFoxboy on Wed Apr 20, 2016 9:24 pm; edited 2 times in total
ChaoticBou
ChaoticBou
Master Member
Master Member

https://soundcloud.com/boubka-the-fox

Back to top Go down

Post by spark tb Wed Apr 20, 2016 3:01 pm

Haha as a kid? I don't think I ever stopped coming up with silly stories or ideas. But if definetly does suck that we do gradually... stop even trying to produce stuff, especially ones that could be in our grasp if we were just willing to put in a little more effort... -awkwardly looks at a pile of comic ideas-

but anyway! Enough of my own babbling, lets get down too this~

So in the wake of the TTT, the first character I'd have to put in [and who would fill the villain role] is Esme. Short and [sometimes] sweet, with basic short range melee attacks, but with medium-long ranged 'thrown' abilities like makeshift grenades that deal more damage - They could also be used at close range, but would also damage herself. Not strictly a glass cannon, but she definetly performs better at range. To help with this, she'd... probably have a 'dodge roll' ability to help put some range between herself and an attacker [or close the distance], probably with the ability to slap down a makeshift mine, or an explosive replica of herself [both of which are abilities I never... actually used in the TTT. The latter because it felt overly powerful to be like 'nah, you actually hit an explosive clone', but hey, it'd probably work better here ;D]
Assuming the game allowed for a 'finisher' or a super powerful move, hers would probably be a hail of explosive, bouncing rounds. It'd be difficult [but not impossible] to dodge, with each blast dealing a small amount of damage, and gradually becoming easier to dodge as the rounds go off.

As for my secondary character... I would probably have to roll with my name sake, Spark. Due to his height, he'd fill the roll of a short-medium range melee attacker, with short-medium range ability attacks... the latter of which does less damage, but would probably act as a grapple. His attacks would be the typical 'slow, perhaps a little hard to hit... but powerful', and he'd definetly be tankier than most. However, he'd find it difficult to get away from other characters, so perhaps that would work against him, who knows.
For his 'finisher'... hm. I'd probably have it just be he equips his armour and a weapon, which improves his defences [perhaps takes X-number of hits and prevents life damage], and the weapon would increase his damage, and would fade after.. probably thirty seconds? So more like a power boost than an actual finisher, but hey.
spark tb
spark tb
Expert Member
Expert Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Dregan Sat Apr 23, 2016 12:17 pm

@Bou; Okay, I can really genuinely imagine some of your character's specials. Just big green flashy megaton punches, yes.
Also, oh god, Greg would be the worst DLC character. His powers include 'Not wearing a shirt'.

@Spark; Gonna say this right out, I'd play Esme. Because she has a looot of abilities I enjoy in different fighting game characters.

I think personally, I'd go with Alex as my hero. Demon hunter/ninja with summonable changable energy weapons I imagine could make for a fun character. I can imagine them being extremely combo-oriented in their abilities, being able to string together varying weapon attacks one after the other. I imagine the longer the combo you run, the larger the weapons become, tiering up and up. Effectively it'd force you to be up close to start with with basic punches and kicks, before shifting into daggers, swords, axes, up and up to something big like a poleaxe - rewarding you by making it harder for your opponent to get away the more you maintain your attacks. Essentially it'd be built around being extremely fast and just pressing into you opponent, trying to efficiently get in on your opponent and lock them down.
Alex also has a couple of extremely slow projectiles in her arsenal, so those could stand as quite powerful but easy-to-dodge attacks, used to force people to move around them so you can set your opponents up for the combos you want to pull. Hell, if you play it right, maybe even knocking them into the orbs to finish the combo if they're still on-screen - all about maintaining and stringing attacks together.

For my villain? Threshnekor. A demon lord to stand in contrast to Alex, with a lot of power to back him up, I imagine him having a lot of moves to disrupt the field - say attacks which cause certain areas of the ground to be damaging, or dropping objects from the sky. Maybe even a li'l earthquake ability to force a foe to stumble if they're on the ground during it, opening them up for attack. Essentially, he'd have a lot of very large extremely flashy attacks, with something of a focus on standing ground and allowing his attacks to go on around him, rather than wanting to actively pursue the opponent. I imagine his main drawback would be not really being able to focus or aim his attacks fully, due to the larger nature of them - essentially an enemy you can learn the patterns of and take down by avoiding the areas he effects.

Also! Not a new prompt, but something to build on, and to give people to talk about if they don't really wanna go that in-depth on the fighting itself; what sort of arenas do you think your characters might have? A lot of fighting games tend to team up characters with their own signature stages - for example, Guile from Street Fighter you tend to fight at an army base if you play the Arcade mode. What sort of arena/background d'you think would go with your characters?
Dregan
Dregan
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by spark tb Sat Apr 23, 2016 2:49 pm

@Dregan.. man, I don't know which of your characters I'd play. On one hand the sort of... aggressive play style of Alex sounds like something I'd really enjoy? But on the otherhand, I suck at combos, and the whole 'standing ground' thing sounds right up my alley as well ack.
@Bou: NGL, I'd play the hell out of Bou, I'd think? If only because big flashy punching guy. I could never resist a big flashy punching guy.

Anyway, arenas! This is.. a tough one I think, but for almost polar oppsite reasons for the characters - IE, Spark has plenty of locations I'd pair him up with, whilst Esme has literally zero.... but still, lets take a look!

For Spark, I would... probably narrow it down to two possible places - His forge, or his homeworld, Sulphurous. The forge would probably be a sort of... tight, yet open arena, filled with... well, I suppose 'pick ups' in the forms of various weapons and pieces of armour that can be freed from cabinates and walls located at the arena's edge. Said pick-ups would probably just reduce damage take for awhile, and increase damage delt, etc, perhaps with differnt variants being worth 'more'
As for Sulphurous... well, it'd be a giant desert area. It's 'arena hazard' would be various monsters running in from the background, either destroying parts of the arena, or adding a hazard you need to work around - for example, giant worm heads you need to leap over, or they're bite you for damage, giant deer beasts that throw rocks from various ledges in the background, etc.
I dunno, I'm just a sucker for arena hazards I guess [even if I hate playing on them 8D;;;]

As for Esme... tbh, I honestly don't know. Probably a cafe or something, with stuff like tables for people to jump on and change their elevation, destructible terrain [because whats the point in having explosives if you can't blow stuff up???], etc.
spark tb
spark tb
Expert Member
Expert Member

Back to top Go down

Post by ChaoticBou Sun Apr 24, 2016 3:34 pm

@Dreg; If Greg had that move, he'd be one of my faves for sure.

Also @Boar; Yes. Esme. I want twenty of those.

Anyway as for arenas that fit my characters, I think they're honestly pretty easy to pick. I'll just pick the places they usually go to.

So Prescill lives in the downtown evil corrupt alleyways of Station Square. This is the only thing I'm kinda sure of right now, so that will probably be her arena. I can imagine seeing street thugs and other evil peeps standing on the sideline, yelling towards the fighters while money is bet on them. Also they would like cheer if someone of the evil alignment was winning and being angry if a good alignment person was winning.

For Craid I think a dark forest is most fitting for him. It's his usual place to train his sword techniques. Also with dark forest I mostly mean just an open spot in the forest while it's night time. I'd love to smell the atmosphere of that place. You could hear crickets making their most beloved sounds. Maybe it could even start to heavily rain at some points. Just some random situation to even more suit the atmosphere.

Well, now only Bou is left. And where could he else be than in the park! Like, honestly this guy is always in the park, taking a jog. You could make it happen on a small path with a fountain, while there are other characters in the background are relaxing and talking with eachother, or just actually realizing that there is a frigin' fight in the park.

SO YEAH THAT'S THAT
Also we need a rainbow road arena.
ChaoticBou
ChaoticBou
Master Member
Master Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Electrisa Mon Apr 25, 2016 10:39 am

OKAY SO I JUST HAD AN IDEA FOR IT IN THE MIDDLE OF CLASSES and I'm sueing you Dre if my mobile gets taken away
I'm not sure if the game is meant as a game based on fighting but with possible plot (like sonic battle kinda???) Or just a tournament like TTT?

BUT for either I'd definitely make Ernest the hero.
...solely because he seems like a cool anime hero and his weapon is massive scisssors that can be divided into two swords, what more anime than that???? (Also he should totes team up with Craid, DOUBLE SWORDS ALL THE WAY) Additionally possibly for game's sake he could have like an angel of death form, with sorta floating or something as a special skill. And stabbing your soul out of you as a fatality of course. Plus it'd look cool and edgy with just one wing and more feral looks and stoofs. And while he's certainly not buff, he is fast, so that'd be his main strength??? Going fast is a must. He'd definitely just dash around the screen and slash, and that's my favourite type tbh.
...his drawbacks? Probablyyy he'd lose a metal limb or an eye as his hp gets smaller so, worse accuracy, speed and lack of one suord and then death? His healing could be him just messing with those with a screwdriver in a sad attempt to keep himself together.
....i can only imagine it being a sprite game now cause otherwise it'd look ridiculous
....I... haven't played that many fighting games so that will be about it from me when it comes to techniques used in battle.
...good.

And for villain??? If it was a plot thing then I'd probably make it his dad, though mainly just because he's also got cool flashy abilities and Ernest kinda hates his guts so there's that. But his dad isn’t exactly evil either??? ALTHOUGH his powers are glitchy glitch ones so mayhaps in the actual game he would've become corrupted and started idk eating newborns or whatever
(Or he could go all Flowey and corrupt the game itself)
..actually, yes? The final stages could be all glitchy and spazzy with scenery changing and melting together and characters randomly teleporting because of how corrupt the game is.

...okay sorry I really don't know if I'm even talking about the proper topic here? But THERE IS FIGHTS SO

Actually, the whole laboratory becoming corrupted/cursed (fuck knows about reasons) and Ernest missing out on it solely because he slept through his alarm sounds good. Great plot me. I congratulate you.
So the whole game would be continually fighting his coworkers, (or citizens??? Tbh it could be a city thing since it's an srn game not elec only game) all on different floors of the lab (OR CITY PLACES, YEAH CAFE BATTLES) with different tactics and powers from each before reaching the top floor with his dad probably spazzing out all pixelly and glitchy (and possibly being a huge nuisance and messing with Ernest's cybernetics too) and, uh, apparently beating him up would bring everything to normal.
....did. did i do good

@Bou: ELEC WOULD BE BEST DLC CHARACTER, SHE'D CRY A LOT also why the fuck isn’t Bou's fatality licking

@Dre: Greg would also be best dlc character, fight me in the cafe, only Tresh no items
Electrisa
Electrisa
Master Member
Master Member

http://electrisa.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Dregan Sat Apr 30, 2016 1:33 am

@Spark; For me, arena stuff depends on the sort of game. In a sorta smash-bros type dealio with platforming about and more party-style gameplay, I quite enjoy arena traps. I think in more standard fighters like Mortal Kombat and Street Fighter and Tekken and such though, I tend to find them quite annoying - bar the potential 'ring out' in some of them.
Also for Esme I was expecting something more grotty, like an alleyway or something. Graffiti all over the walls and all that good stuff. XD

@Bou; Considering Bou's power, I can imagine the sorta shiny chaos energy like, reflecting off his fountain and such. It'd be cool shiz.

@Elec; I personally prefer plot-based fighting games. Then again, some fighting games use 'tournament' as the plot, so there we go.
As for Ernest, I can imagine him using a stance system. Essentially in some fighting games you get characters who when they pull certain attacks or when you press a certain button, change into a different stance with a different moveset/set of attacks. I can imagine him sorta swapping between a 'swords' stance and a 'scissors' stance as he fights.
And yes you done did do a gewd. Yesh.

For my own characters, Alex would probably have somewhere in their home country - or at least somewhere based on their home country - of Krinah. Krinah is essentially a demon-infested mix of various Eastern cultures glued haphazardly together by myself, so imagine a lot of imagery associated with that area of the world.
I essentially imagine a small grassy path to fight on, with a huge lake in the background, with a big pagoda at it's centre, a couple of bridges connecting across to it. The whole area would be surrounded by cherry blossoms, their leaves flowing through the air.
The stage would probably have a few randomised little animated features too - for example, you might occasionally see a big demon weaving between the trees in the background. I also like the idea of a few little imps gathering to one side of the arena to watch, which disperse if anyone is knocked to the ground close to them. I always like li'l reactive features like that.

Thresh meanwhile... I imagine his own story route would perhaps be an 'invasion of Earth' type dealio, so probably a city street in the middle of demonic invasion, with lots of wrecked pavement and fighting in the background and such. I actually imagine it kinda as one of those two-part arenas some games have, where you knock someone off one side of the map, or through the roof, and it takes you to a different area.
In this case, I imagine there being a portal you can knock people into, to take the fact into Thresh' demonic realm instead. An isle of sand with a huge ominous castle in the background, surrounded by water and artifical stars in the sky. The whole area would be pretty gloomy, and probably a quiet contrast to the loud street portion of the level.

Another sorta mini-prompt - though before I say this one I will note, feel free to provide this sort of thing yourself. Whilst I'll throw a big major prompt in here every couple of weeks, feel free to ask these sorts of questions yourself. If you wanna ask people who you think would make for good match-ups, what people would have for story modes, anything really, feel free to speak up. This isn't a pure question-and-answer dealio, it's meant to be quite conversational. So if you're suddenly like; 'Oh, I have an idea! Wouldn't this be cool?' or 'Hey, imagine if game had this mechanic, how would your character use it?' or 'Woah, wouldn't it be awesome if my idea crossed over with your idea then X, Y, Z?' feel free to speak right up! This whole thing is essentially a creativity wormhole for you to feed with whatever ideas or thoughts come to mind.
In this instance however, I'm gonna bring up battle intros, things kinda like this where a character may introduce themselves with a single quote, or in some games have a brief conversation with their opponents. Many of the latter even have brief conversations for when a character fights themselves. So what sorta quotes might your character have to introduce themselves to combat - or what small pieces of dialogue may they have with others (or themselves) to lead into a fight?
Don't worry about if someone's already put a li'l conversation for two characters, just go for whoever you have something interesting for - whether it be for your own characters, or if you can think of some for other people's entirely. For example, looking at who we have, I can imagine;
Esme: "Well well, if it isn't li'l boy Bou!"
Bou: "Oh hey Esme! ...Not seen you outside the Lounge before. Guess we never had a match..."
Esme: "Let's change that!"
FIGHT!
Dregan
Dregan
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by spark tb Thu May 05, 2016 11:32 pm

@Dregan: I'll admit, I was considering an alley for Esme. Ultimately I changed it to a cafe because more readily availble platforms and 'destructible terrain', but if it weren't for my preference of those, it hands down would have been an alley :p

As for intro's... hmm...

As someone who prides themself on finishing a fight fast and efficiant, he'd probably have something simple like "let's get this over with", or "Don't think I'll go easy on you"...

... but uh, for the sake of being obnoxious and squeezing in the whole smith thing more, he'd also have 'I'll hammer you into shape.'
For conversation lines, he's not really a conversationalist, so instead of witty banter, he'd just change his line. 
For Alex he'd have something like 'A walking arsenal, hm? Let us see just how proficient you are.'
For Craid - 'You dare face me with such a blade? Let me show you the error of your ways.'
For Ernest - 'Scissor-blades? Ha! I'll soon cut you down to size.'

As for Esme... hm, a good question. Off the top of my head, I can't think of anything she would say repeatedly, outside of just 'bring it on'
But for character specificss, lets see...
For Bou - Esme: 'Well now, if it isn't the Bou wonder.'
Bou: 'Hey, Esme! Long time no see! You still owe me a practice bout!'
Esme: 'Practice? Darlin', don't think I'm goin' to hold back!'
For Craid - Esme: 'Well now, thats a big sword. Hope you know size isn't everythin'~'
Craid: 'You dare mock me? I'll bring you down to size!'
Esme: 'Tch, yeah right. Just be thankful you brought some bandages with you.'
For Alex - Esme: 'Ohh, well now! So many blades, so li'l time...'
Alex: 'A demon? Ha! I'll have this finished in no time.'
Esme: 'Oh come on! I was hopin' for something a little more sharp-witted from you~'
For Thresh - Esme: 'Threshy! Long time no see! You still have to show me that mesmerisin' thin'!'
Thresh: 'Ah, you again. I don't recall giving you permission to leave my home.'
Esme: 'Heh, Like you could hope to cage me, Hot shot!'
For DLC Greg - Esme: 'Ah! If it isn't my favourite referee~'
Greg: 'E-Esme! Ha! Now I get to show you these muscles in action!'
Esme: 'Just so you know, this will be a beating you won't enjoy, Hot shot~'
For Ernest - Esme: 'Hmm... All brain and no brawn. Are you tryin' to tell me somethin'?'
Ernest: 'Ha! I don't need strength to bring you down.'
Esme: 'What! Well just for that, I won't be makin' this quick.'
spark tb
spark tb
Expert Member
Expert Member

Back to top Go down

Post by ChaoticBou Fri May 06, 2016 1:17 pm

INTRO'S INTRO'S INTRO'S
Craid to Esme:
Craid
: "Hehe... Seems like someone likes to show off huh?"
Esme: "Well, it's not yours hot shot. And it never will be."
Craid: "Never was my intention, nor was it my intention to never hit a lady."
To Ernest:
Craid:
"I like your weapons!"
Ernest: "Too bad I have to like, use it on you."
Craid: "Love to see you try."
To Daddy Ernest:
Craid:
"I feel very uneasy with you. Leave."
Dadd: "...Hehehe...."
Craid: "That was your final warning."
TO DLC GREG:
Craid:
"Oh. I've watched your show once. Hated it."
Greg: "uh-..ehm...Sorry."
Craid: "Don't be sorry, I'll solve it myself"
To Tresh:
Craid:
"It's people like you who made me fight to survive."
Tresh: "I don't really care about that really."
Craid: "Don't really care about destroying you either."
To Bou:
Craid:
"Seems like our paths have crossed."
Bou: "Uh-huh! Ready for a friendly brawl?"
Craid: "Why not? It's not like I have a time limit."
TO CRAID?:
Craid:
"I'm totally not up for this?"
Craid2: "You think I am?"
Craid: "Well damn..."

Bou to Esme:
Bou:
"Hey Esme! Ready? Let's find out who should've been in the semi-finals"
Esme: "I think that answer is obvious hun!"
Bou: "Since when can you read minds?"
To Ernest:
Bou:
"...You sure about this?"
Ernest: "Yes."
Bou: "Well then. Bring it!"
To Daddy Ernest:
Bou:
"Wow. You have more chaos inside of you than I have!"
Dadd: "(I have no idea what to put in here)"
Bou: "You...are dangerous."
TO DLC ELEC:
Bou:
"Ready for a training session?"
Elec: "The real question is, are you ready?"
Bou: "Ohohow! It's on!"
TO DLC GREG:
Bou:
"You sure you wanna be beaten up? I don't think it's great for the ratings..."
Greg: "*Insert weird desperate sounds*"
Bou: "I see that as a: 'let's just finish this'."
To Alex:
Bou:
"Not all demons are bad you know!"
Alex: "How'd you know? Are you one of them?"
Bou: "Don't think so. Let's just find out."
To Craid:
Bou:
"Oi! Where's Alina?"
Craid: "....Not here. You got any new tricks?"
Bou: "Actually, yes! Wanna see them?"
TO BOU?:
Bou:
"....WHAT. Is this some sort of Chaos thing?"
Bou2: "I...I guess? It's probably something like that!"
Bou: "I know, I'm so smart."

Yes I added mirror fights, because I've seen some of mortal kombat and they're the best.
ChaoticBou
ChaoticBou
Master Member
Master Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Dregan Fri May 06, 2016 6:17 pm

@Spark; In terms of 'destructible terrain' in an alley I can at least imagine a dumpster/some trash cans, so when you pull off a big special rubbish can go EVERYWHERE! Banana peels like confetti.
Also, I can only imagine 'The Bou Wonder' as like, an alt skin of Boubka dressed as a superhero.
Also also, your Thresh is surprisingly calm. ;D
Also also also, HOW HAS DLC GREG BECOME A THING?

@Bou; WHAT DID GREG DO TO DESERVE THIS?
Also, Bou and Ernest are certainly to the point. XP
Also also, SERIOUSLY, WHAT DID GREG DO TO DESERVE THIS? ;-;
(And as a sidenote, I will say Alex isn't one of those 'ALL DEMONS ARE THE WORST' kind of hunters. After all - shi's had dates with one!)

Sidenote, sorta final warning! Gonna throw a few convo things down here myself for now, and give it a bit of time for others to write things up, get in, respond, whatever - however, tonight I shall be changing the main prompt! So if anyone hasn't posted at all here yet, but is wanting to respond to this prompt, well... now's the time!

As for now, here's some conversation/opener ideas;

Solo Alex quotes;
"Soooo... I'm gonna kick your ass. Sorry about that?"
"I'm a ninja - you can't beat a ninja!"
"Jace, I know what I'm doing."
"I'm sorry, I thought Kier had directed me to a genuine threat."

Solo Threshnekor quotes;
"I am Lord Threshnekor, KING OF THE SEVEN SEALS!"
"You dare disrespect me!?"
"Bask in my GLORY!"

And I guess since you've forced me...
Solo Greg quotes;
*Whimpering noises*
"Oh god, how did I get here?"
"Well... guess this is as good a reason as any to not wear a shirt."
"Hey, you keep this up I may really have to flex these muscles!"

Aaand a couple of ideas for others...
Solo Craid;
"These bandages? They aren't for me."
Solo Prescil;
"You'll be gone before you see me..."
"I'm going cloak and dagger - without the cloak."
Solo Esme;
"Oh my god I'm booored alreadyyy..."
"You'd better entertain me..."
Solo Elec;
"...Maybe we could talk it out?"

Aaand now for my own characters against a few others.
Alex vs Craid;
Alex: "Yeeeaaah, what you got ain't gonna cut it..."
Craid: "Huh? What, why?"
Alex: "'Cause you can't bandage a bleeding spirit..."
Alex vs Prescil;
Prescil: "You'll be gone before you see me..."
Alex: "I could beat you without looking."
Prescil: "You'll be gone before that too."
Alex vs Prescil 2;
Alex: "Nice choice on the weapons - they remind me of home."
Prescil: "Perhaps you should've stayed there."
Alex: "Perhaps you should've kept your mouth shut."
Alex vs Boubka;
Alex: "So you weild the power of chaos?"
Boubka: "Yup yup! You wanna see?"
Alex: "I want to see how it fairs against the power of spirit."
Alex vs Spark;
Alex: "The master of hammers on iron."
Spark: "The master of many weapons."
Alex: "I am the weapon!"
Alex vs Spark 2;
Spark: "I hear your weapons can pierce any armour..."
Alex: "They strike far deeper than iron and flesh."
Spark: "Show me."
Alex vs Esme;
Alex: "A demon? I know how to handle this..."
Esme: "You've never handled anything like me!"
Alex: "Yes I have - we called it the 'beginners course'."
Alex vs Ernest;
Alex: "Sooo, I can use swords, axes, polearms, knives, shurikens, maces, spears..."
Ernest: "I... have a giant pair of scissors?"
Alex: "Why is that so much scarier!?"
Alex vs Glitch Dad;
Alex: "What... ARE you?"
Dad: "dfuibfubdfjb"
Alex: "...Glad that's cleared up then."
Alex vs Alex;
Alex1: "Some demonic trick?"
Alex2: "I know you are, but what am I?"
Alex1: "...Some demonic trick?"
Alex vs Thresh;
Thresh: "I AM LORD-"
Alex: "Threshnekor, I know."
Thresh: "Then you know to be worried!"
Alex vs Thresh 2;
Alex: "A demon lord? This could be a difficult one..."
Thresh: "I am LORD THRESHNEKOR-"
Alex: "Oh. Maybe not then."

Thresh vs Bou;
Thresh: "The power of Chaos is naught when compared to THE POWER OF THE SEVEN SEALS!"
Bou: "The what? What are the seven-?"
Thresh: "Yes, quake in fear!"
Thresh vs Esme;
Thresh: "You! You dare disrespect me!?"
Esme: "Honestly? You were kinda starting to bore me..."
Thresh: "I'll bore you TO DEATH!"
Thresh vs Glitch Dad;
Thresh: "Yes, you will serve me well!"
Dad: "fbbdbjnkfgln"
Thresh: "YOU DARE DISRESPECT ME!?"
Thresh vs Elec;
Thresh: "You would make the perfect thrall!"
Elec: "I'm... I'm gonna disagree... on that one..."
Thresh: "You will learn to agree!"
Thresh vs Thresh;
Thresh1: "I am lord THRESHNEKOR, KING-"
Thresh2: "I AM LORD THRESHNEKOR, KING OF THE SEVE-"
Thresh1: "HOW DARE YOU INTERUPT ME!?"
Thresh vs Thresh;
Thresh1: "I am lord THRESHNEKOR, KING-"
Thresh2: "I AM LORD THRESHNEKOR, KING OF THE SEVEN SEALS!"
Thresh1: "...Wow, somebody has an ego."
Thresh vs Greg;
Thresh: "You would make the perfect thrall!"
Greg: "I... I would? I mean, uh, sure!"
Thresh: "First, I must test your resilience!"

Greg vs Craid;
Greg: "You don't watch FNF!? But I suggested-"
Craid: "I would go as far as to strike whoever came up with it in the face."
Greg: "It was all Kyle's idea!"
Greg vs Bou;
Greg: "Don't hit me in the face!"
Bou: "Okay!"
Greg: "...No, wait, don't hit me anywhere!"
Greg vs Esme;
Greg: "C'mon Esme, you wouldn't hit this face would you?"
Esme: "No, but I'd kick that ass!"
Greg: "I'm not sure I like this arrangement..."
Greg vs Esme 2;
Esme: "Well hey there big boy~"
Greg: "Come to see me flex my muscles?"
Esme: "Oh yeah, I'm thinking this time we can get real close and personal..."
Greg vs Glitch Dad;
Greg: "...You are one scary mother-"
Dad: -LOUD NOISES-
Greg: "Gee! Father! Sorry!"
Greg vs Glitch Dad;
Greg: "...You are one scary mother-"
Dad: -LOUD NOISES-
Greg: "Y'know what? No. I can handle this."
Greg vs Greg;
Greg1: "Well hey there handsome."
Greg2: "Guess that must be directed at me, 'cause god damn am I the best looking person in this room or what?"
Greg1: "...I feel we're gonna have a little disagreement."

Aaand that'll probably be it from me on this topic. Will probably respond to anything else posted in here in my next post buuut... well, at the end of that post, I'm dropping in a new prompt. That'll be later tonight, so if you've anything to post, get posting!
Dregan
Dregan
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Electrisa Fri May 06, 2016 9:23 pm

@Dre: ..Okay, the stance thing sounds pretty cool?? I can picture this and it looks awesome.
Though like, if not that, I'd probably go for like levels, cause I know in some games you just gain levels for like one battle (or race. In this case I'm thinking of Sonic Riders thing where you could get to third level and that'd change your attack and its power.) And Ernest would totally have first level scissors, second two swords and third would be the grim reaper form.
If it wasn't for the fact a new prompt is coming up, I'd probably ask if your charas guys would also have levels like that cause that sounds kinda cool too??? BUT YEAH

Also, the solo elec dialogue is perfect and fits everywhere and good. Why is she even in foights

And uh, dialogues?
Well.
Glitch Dad would probably just scRRRREEEEEEEEEEEE at everyone or not say anything and just start fucking them up, so, everyone who took him got him pretty alright tbh

And uh, for Ernest? Ernest doesn't have.. THAT much wit, so, most of his dialogues would probably go like that:

Ernest vs Esme:
Er: Oh please, I'm not gonna fight a girl.
Es: But I am. *raises fists*
Er: Wait, wha- oh :c

Ernest vs Craid:
Er and Cr: Hey nice swords dude
Er and Cr: Haha, jinx!
Er and Cr: ..OKAY LET'S JUST F-FIGHT ALREADY

Ernest vs Boubka:
Bou: Oh hey, it's mister robot again! Hiiii! 8D
Er: oh hey that's a dead body
Bou: where
Er: *insta grim reaper form*

Ernest vs Greg:
Er: Give me all you've g- bro
Gr: Yeah? *flex*
Er: Bro put your shirt back on please

Ernest vs Glitch Dad:
Er: ?????????????????
GD: *glitch noises*
Er: ???????????????dad??????????

Ernest vs Elec:
Er: Oh, is it your examination time already? Sadly I didn't bring any syringes *takes out unconveniently big scissors out of nowhere* So this will have to do.
El: Ha, I don't think I need your tests anymore.
Er: We'll see about that.

Ernest vs Tresh:
Tr: A puny wingless angel like you is NOTHING COMPARED T-
Er: looK MY ONE WING IS FINE AND I COULD SEND YOU BACK TO HELL WITH IT BROK-
Tr: DON'T INTERRUPT ME

Ernest vs Ernest:
Er1: ...Okay, so, did I drink too much or are you one of my friends' weird experiment?
Er2: It could also be one of my grandpa's stupid visions too?
Er1: Shit, true. ...Fight?
Er2: HELL YEAH

And because DLC Elec is a thing now apparently:

Elec vs Bou:
 tbh the one bou came up with is perfect

Elec vs Thresh:
El: Don't you DARE hurt my mortals again, you barbarian!
Tr: ALL mortals AND immortals belong to ME, AND I HAVE EVERY RIGHT TO DISPOSE OF THE INSUBORDINATE ONES!
*and a battle i'd probably really love playing because it sounds like earth bending vs weather, so complete opposites both in character and in powers? Good????*

Elec vs Spark:
Sp: ..Ah, no offense, but aren't you a bit too.. delicate for fighting?
El: No offense but can your armour handle heat greater than the sun itself? *CUE LIGHTNING* *and elec putting on sunglasses*
Sp: can you see anything
El: no

Elec vs Greg:
Gr: I literally never signed up for this. I'm a referee, not a fighter.
El: Me neither tbh
Gr: ...Lemonade break?
El: Yeah sure 8D *and then they were bffs*

Elec vs Esme:
Es: Ha, and YOU call yourself a DEMON?
El: And YOU call THIS a hairstyle? (i'm sorry that was horrible)

Elec vs Uncanny:
Un: You sure about this, Buzzsaw?
El: Who else can beat a Chainsaw if not another saw?

Elec vs Elec:
El1:....
El2:..If you're gonna mess with my weather I swear-
El1: *coughs up a puff of mist*
El2: BITCH
Electrisa
Electrisa
Master Member
Master Member

http://electrisa.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by ChaoticBou Fri May 06, 2016 10:55 pm

So yeah! I am so wonderful to think about another Sub-question!

What would be your characters alternate costumes or color swaps?
Q
When playing smash bros, most of the players have their own favourite color swap. Some even reference something else! So tell me what costumes your characters could wear and what the costume's history is!
ChaoticBou
ChaoticBou
Master Member
Master Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Dregan Sat May 07, 2016 2:52 am

@Elec; In terms of 'levels' I can't think of too many fighting games which use that, other than maybe things like a Dragon Ball Z-esque series where you can go up to different Super Saiyan levels during battle. Unfortunately, not so sure I can befit that too well onto my own characters, other than maybe have Kath start with a kickboxing style before moving to more grappling stuff through combat.
Also poor Ernest is such a nerd. Like, ready to be bullied by basically everyone. Including maybe himself?
(Also Elec vs Elec for fight of the century.)

@Bou; Oooh, this is a difficult one for me. Alex would obviously have ninja outfit and... hm, a tux actually. It's practically the only other thing they wear.
Thresh would definitely have his current form as his main one, and probably a more archaic form from his old demoning days. When he was truly a big scary demon. So scary.

Aaand now for the new prompt;
If a spy movie or series were to be created based on the forums membership, who would you assign into what sort of roles?
-Note, talking about the membership here, as opposed to the characters. Who here can you see being a master spy? A super hacker? A villain in a big chair with a cat on their lap? The cat itself?
-Feel free to think outside the box of standard spy stuff - build up the world off of each other. It doesn't have to be straight-up modern world standard spy stuff, you can let the fantasy seep in at the sides all you want. Things like the Metal Gear Solid series use a LOT of crazy stuff like ghosts and psychics to be more outlandish. 'Spy' is just the core here.

For an example to get us rolling, I can imagine the organising party behind everything fitting in neatly with the site Admins. Whilst they're the ones in charge of say, organising the Spy missions and sending people on different jobs and things, there's also a level of suspicion around them themselves. The morally ambiguous authority, who can help and hinder all, as long as it achieves the eventual goal of maintenance of their domain. Yep-yep.
Dregan
Dregan
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by spark tb Sat May 07, 2016 3:08 pm

@bou: oh man, costumes? For Spark that's relatively easy - Casual clothes [grey shirt, white scarf thing, etc], alt coloured casual clothes, Armoured form and shameless shirtless smith form.
For Esme... obviously her normal, purple hoodie/blue jeans, but from there it'd just be alt palettes of her jumper and hair - so probs a saphire blue hair+jumper, Emerald hair +Dark green jumper... and galaxy hair + jumper! Because can't get enough Galaxy in my life <3

And now, for the spy universe! Which is... hm. Hmmm.... -quietly opens up post ranking list-

Personally speaking, I think Admins would be more like... that odd, shadowy council who's only ever seen in video footage with their faces obscured, etc. They pass the mission briefing onto the Mod[s], who act as the 'head' of the organisation - So they'd be the ones to pick the operatives, etc.
[So basically: Spekkal and the others tell Dregan to sort all their issues out for them, and he does so.]
It should also be noted that the founder would probably be the most shadowy of them all, and only ever shows up when they're most needed - and with the shadowy council growing all the more powerful, that means they haven't been seen in years.

the 'Hero' and 'Legend' ranks would be the veteran spies - you know, the snobby ones who are rarely sent on missions anymore because they're all too useful to risk, so they look down on all the lower ranks because they're so much better than them. Sometimes you might see one get sent out on a task, and come back without a worry. These are also the ones who are most likely to be armed with the.... unique weapons and abilities, which allow them to climb the ranks faster. IE, the special named ones. 

Masters and Experts... they strike me as the ranks of the assassins. IE, present but rarely seen, but when they strike out it tends to be with power and confidence. A worryingly small number of these operatives are known, but it's believed there is a greater number lurking in the shadows, just waiting for their chance to strike - Only a fool would believe the visible numbers.

Senior to standard are the ones who would be the 'run of the mill' operatives - As of yet, nothing super special to define them, plenty of them about and growing in numbers every day as the recruitment process is refined. Often seen in groups of 2-3, they slowly earn a name for themselves as they go about their missions, forming bonds with their fellows very quickly. If this were a tv show or film, it'd be from this lot that the 'protagonist' is likely to be picked out from.

And finally, Basic to Newbie - The trainee's, the weak links in the chain. These are the people who are fresh into the organisation, and sadly the ones whom have the highest death-toll. [After all, the spy life isn't meant for everyone.] There is also a surprising amount of them, and some people never seem to leave the rankings - but one day, aspire too through any means necessary. It is also here that peoples 'special talents' are quickly identified, which allow them to scale the ranks faster.

But those are not the only people lurking in this world, oh no. Hidding far beyond the admins sight, lies the banned. Effectivly the 'council of villains', these beings seek to disrupt the order that the secret order of SRN attempts to impose upon the world. Armed with a vast array of abilities [from the ability to make clones to somehow obtaining artifacts of great power, or access to government forces they should never be allowed near], the Admins seek to decimate these beings!... Yet somehow, they always seem to be adding new members to their ranks.
spark tb
spark tb
Expert Member
Expert Member

Back to top Go down

Post by ChaoticBou Sat May 07, 2016 4:39 pm

There's only a few things that I can add to Spark's giant and amazing spy scheme, and that is that Dregan would definitely be one of these two things:
1. The nerd with stupid glasses that informs the other spies about new rules, gadgets or missions. He is the one keeping track of everything, like Spark already said: "Spekkal and the others tell Dregan to sort all their issues out for them, and he does so."
OR 2. He'd be the most badass spy of them all, going James Bond style and getting all the ladies. Yes totes I wanna see that.

Also I think Boar would be an amazing gadget specialist. Inventing useful gadgets for the spy HQ. Also should have his own lab as an explosive specialist. Dunno why but I had that in my mind since this morning.

Just one other thing. So the admins are like the bosses of this HQ. They probably direct everything from their own office, which must be just an old tiny shed. The whole HQ is probably an old tiny shed.
ChaoticBou
ChaoticBou
Master Member
Master Member

Back to top Go down

Post by ChaoticBou Sat May 07, 2016 8:32 pm

OKAY SO THIS NEXT POST WAS ACCIDENTALLY DELETED. NOW LET'S DO THIS AGAIN.

I still need to finish my part of the SRN fighting game.

For Bou's costumes, The Bou Wonder, Bou as a superhero. Yes. He also has a special summer and winter outfit. He could wear Alina's clothing. Luka's clothing as well. Prepare for crop tops. Oh and his normal outfit.
As for Craid, he has two normal outfits. They're just color swaps of eachother. However the second version makes him look more like a gang member. Also he would have an 'only bandage' outfit....( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°). OH and his own super hero outfit! The Craid Mystery *barfs*
As for Prescill. I don't really know anything for her. I don't even have a design plz halp.

NOW FOR HER INTRO'S
Prescill vs Bou:
Pres: "Oh. It's you"
Bou: "Hm? Is there a problem? Do I have something stuck between my teeth?"
Pres: "Not yet."
Prescill vs Craid:
Pres: "Now look who we got here!~"
Craid: "When will you leave me alone?!"
Pres: "After you've given Alina back to me!"
Craid: "You know that'll never happen."
Pres: "Then this will be your own fault."
[b][b]Prescill vs vs [/b]Esme:[/b]
Pres: "Oh! You remind me of something close to home!"
Esme: "And what'd that be darlin'?"
Pres: "The Red Light Destrict"
Esme: "I'm already tired of you."
[b][b]Prescill vs [/b]Spark:[/b]
Pres: "Ah. This will be an easy one."
Spar: "Sorry, what?"
Pres: "Like I said, very easy."
[b][b]Prescill vs [/b]Ernest:[/b]
Pres: "Sir? I've lost my scissors. Can I borrow yours?"
Er: "Nice try."
Pres: "Ah man, where did all the gentlemen in this world go?~"
[b][b]Prescill vs [/b]Alex:[/b]
Pres: "Hey! Sneaking is my thing!"
Alex: "You are just an alley cat."
Pres: "We'll see about that."
[b][b]Prescill vs [/b]Alex 2:[/b]
Pres: "Calling yourself a ninja doesn't make you better than an assassin"
Alex: "Still better than you."
Pres: "Bring it."
(Also I see a big rivalry between Pres and Alex)
[b]Prescill vs Tresh:[/b]
Tresh: "I AM LORD TRESHNEKOR, KING OF TH-"
Pres: "Awww~ He's trying to impress me!~"
Tresh: "SUCH DISRESPEC-"
Pres: "So cute!~"
Tresh: "YOU WILL SUFFER."
[b]Prescill vs DLCGREG:[/b]
Pres: "There are lots of people who offered me stacks of cash to kill you."
Greg: "Uh. I guess I am very famous?"
Pres: "It'd be a shame to hurt such a face. Too bad I love money more."
[b]Prescill vs DLCGREG 2:[/b]
[b]Pres: [/b]"Show me what you can do!"
[b]Greg: [/b]*FLEX*
[b]Pres:  [/b]"Well damn. I'll go slow on you."

Also one for Bou:
Bou vs Esme 2:
Bou: "I wonder how pink hair tastes..."
Esme: "Darlin' I'd love it if ya won't lick me."
Bou: "ToO lAtE"

Now, two different reactions on the same (cheesy) line:
Craid vs Prescill

Craid: "I see pain in your future."
Pres: "Well it's still better than your future, which doesn't exist."
Craid: "Funny."
Craid vs Bou
Craid: "I see pain in your future"
Bou: "Well...I see pain...IN YOUR FACE!"
Craid: "My feelings..."

Also some solo's:
SOLO BOU:
"Alright! This'll be fun!"
"Don't go easy on me just cuz I'm a kid!"
"BY THE POWER OF CHAOS, I'm the coolest."
"You're in the way between me and the chocolate store."
SOLO CRAID:
"I see pain in your future."
"I don't think I'll be needing an extra bandage today."
"When one sword is not enough, *POPS BLADES* Use two instead!"
"No time for small talk. Let's just go on with it."
SOLO PRESCILL:
"Oh, they'll pay at least some cash for your defeat."
"You'll be punished for lack of Prescill-appraisal"
"Say hello to your doom~!"

Guess that's it. I'm too hyped for this non-existent game.
ChaoticBou
ChaoticBou
Master Member
Master Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Dregan Thu May 12, 2016 4:43 pm

@Spark; I do like the idea of Sythe, the founder, having sorta mysteriously vanished one day. It'd both fit well tonally, and act as a decent reflection for... y'know... her actually sorta abandoning the site?
I'm not so sure on the rigid rank system being adapted across to ranks in the spy organisation though. I feel it becomes kinda restrictive and gives less opportunity for fun with the independent members - especially when casting villains purely in terms of banned members.

@Bou; Nerd with stupid glasses? But mah perfect visions. D:
Though I'd be toats down with being a super spy of sorts. I've actually turned out to be quite a good aim with a gun the few times I've actually used them - would be down with being some sorta sniper dude. Sniper gonna snipe.
Also, I'm just imagining now you walk into a shed and like, there's a few random objects in there, like an old bike or whatever. But like, if you spin the wheels of the bike and then pull a chord, the whole floor of the shed just starts shifting down as an elevator to their secret underground HQ.
((Also, in terms of your fighting openings, I can think of a slight alternate version of one of yours;
Prescill vs vs Esme:
Pres: "Oh! You remind me of something close to home!"
Esme: "And what'd that be darlin'?"
Pres: "The Red Light District."
Esme: "Oh, so you don't have far to go for work?"
Also yes, Pres vs Alex for Rival Battles))

Back to the Spy thing, I can see Bou as being a character who seems a bit innocent at first. Maybe coming across as more of a rookie spy - not neccesarily a bad one, but one who isn't as straight-edge or harsh. At the same time I imagine him having a sorta darker depth - like a big secret he's holding back. Maybe a friend among the enemy, or something he's after stealing from the agency. Probably not a full-blown traitor, but more 'has his own agenda'.
Also, we've had quite a few recent members with more of an army-themed aesthetic to them or their characters. I can imagine them being almost an invasive task force of sorts, abruptly coming in a surprise wave to raid the spy base. (Perhaps due to an information leak from our very own Froshana.)
Dregan
Dregan
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Dregan Tue May 24, 2016 3:24 am

Well, that discussion died a death. Well, no worries, new prompt time!

So one of the examples I used when starting this was to do with characters in an alternate setting. Well, feels about time we did a prompt based on that idea, sooo... -Spins the mysterious wheel of genres-

If your characters were to instead be based in a Medieval High Fantasy setting, what would they be like?
-Think how certain aspects can be translated; Powers can become Magic, Robots can become Golems, get creative!
-Try not to get too bogged down on just making X into Y. It's easy to take the same character and just say 'Well now they cast fire spells rather than using fire powers', but also think how they've changed as an independent too - what are they DOING in this fantasy world? As opposed to just thinking about what can be made 'similar' think about what the big DIFFERENCES are.
-Remember High Fantasy is a pretty open genre. No need to go 'Oh no, my character is a dog, if we take them to high fantasy I'll have to make them like, an orc or something'. There's plenty of space in Fantasy for many outlandish ideas, don't try to clamp yourself down with cliches that'll just cut your creativity!
Dregan
Dregan
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Whip~ Tue May 24, 2016 6:19 am

Welllll.... let's give this a go then~! I wanted to join in during the first run, but I missed it and had nothing to add with the spy run. XD

Sooooo, first of all, Whip. A thief with no magic and a penchant for knives, he kind of fits in to a high fantasy realm preeeetty easily! =3
What fits in a little less is his mode of transport, his airship. Lots of low fantasies and steampunk junk have airships abound, but high fantasy tends to be more "horses" and "Carriages".
Which is why I'm thinking "Sky Whale".

I mean, there's always a bunch of mythical creatures in high fantasy stories. Animals are pretty much the only ones that are allowed to get ridiculous in those kinds of stories, with dragons and griffins and junk. So why not a Sky Whale? A rare species that sustains on large flocks of small birds the same way real whales sustain on krill! Hard to find, but enormous since the sky is much bigger than the ocean is. 
And Whip manages to tame one to ride in, Pinocchio-style. c:
I just like the idea of riding atop a giant flying whale to be awesome! Sky whales are huge with fiction artists, but I rarely see them in actual stories. So you know, it's kind of cool to imagine. =3

Yeah, so here's a thought. High Fantasy very rarely has like, animal people. Usually it's just humans but slightly different. So like, instead of trying to fit your character into the homogenized mess that is typical high-fantasy races, what kind of humanoid species (or not humanoid? >o>) would you invent for your character? And what would that species be like? =3

Whip, for instance, is typically either a human or a rabbit. If I had to invent a species for him, it'd be a natural hybrid of the two, I think. Kind of shorter than humans, with long, slender ears that point back and have flexibility, and oversized feet. A bunch of forest-dwelling types who typically survive on vegetables (though they HAVE the capability of being omnivorous; lactose intolerant however), and have quiet, meek voices. I imagine they have difficulty speaking "common", or whatever we're calling English in this setting, simply because their jaws were not built for communication. Lips move and vocal chords flap, but teeth are strangely sized and their tongues aren't super flexible. It'd probably sound like they were speaking with one hecka strong lisp. >v>;

Thaaaat's all I got for now c:
Whip~
Whip~

Back to top Go down

Post by spark tb Thu May 26, 2016 11:28 pm

Alright, so I've been trying to think of a good answer to this one - and in some cases, been struggling more than I thought I would. Not because of the vast jump between my current setting and medeval high fantasy, but because some of the stuff is... surprisingly, already there.

So, let us start with Spark, the character I had... surprisingly the most issues with, and I'm not overly sure why. Immediately, one thing springs to mind - which is the fact he would still be a blacksmith, with the possibility of being a 'restired' monster hunter. Probably that weird... hermit style character who stays as far away from civilisation as possible, working on his craft in private, growing sullen and hating the world - mainly due to the fact that Whip brought up, of animal races not being overly common. I suspect even amongst animal people he'd be an oddity, due to his odd eyes and build, which would further his isolation.
Perhaps in stark contrast to his current look however, he would use a weapon over his favoured fist-fighting style, with bulky knight-like armour instead of his sleak 'streamlined' one he has currently - not that he wears it often as is.
The main change would probably stem from his powers, however. Considering that, despite everything, his weakness of magic very rarely comes up now, he would almost certainly be crippled by.. a vast majority of people in a high-fantasy setting. And whilst he still wouldn't have access to magic himself, his powers would still be pretty prominant - although weaker, and less focused on 'additional limbs to combat my lack of weapon.' - instead, using it as a projectile, or a weapon itself. A blade of sand wouldn't be much, but smashing someone with a mace of sand would be hell - especially if it's in their eyes, or then seeps into their own armour.

Next, I want to look at the Alin family - Elizabeth and Andile, respectively.
Elizabeth would, again, still be able to use her job as a seamstress. As a human, she'd also blend in fairly well, and her love for dresses would help her fit in with high society. However, because she isn't nobility, chances are she would wear something.. surprisingly normal. Like, most likely a simple dress. She would also be a mute - for without any for without tech, Andile wouldn't be able to fix her damaged vocal cords. For awhile, I was wondering if she would even have damaged vocal cords, but I'll come up to that in a little while.
I like to think that in this world of dragons, demons and monsters, Elizabeth is one of those few... normal people.

.... Which is greatly contrasted by her adopted father, Andile. Despite being a ferret-person, Andile strikes me as someone who would be [perhaps reluctantly] respected by normal society, due to his medical and alchemical abilities - because even in a world without technology, Andile would be experimenting. Whilst his ferromancy would be far less effective for himself in this line of work, I think he would - perhaps surprisingly - be a combat-alchemist. IE, someone who uses their concoctions in combat, meddling with dark forces better left alone to poison, paralyse, freeze and so on... and then using his ferromancy to manipulate the weapons and attire of others. I doubt many people want to fight a man who can twist your own sword against you.
And this alchemy side would be far more... dngerous than the science side the sci-fi world see's - mainly because he has to go out to collect all these different materials. He would be the kind of man who would go off for days at a time to investigate a harpy nest, in order to collect a fistful of feathers. He'd slink into a dragons cave to try and prise loose a few scales.

And.. honestly there's more I could do, but for w/e reason, I'm really struggling to think of anything? Writers block probs doesn't help much, but hopefully I'll have a little more in the future.
spark tb
spark tb
Expert Member
Expert Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Storm Wave Sun May 29, 2016 6:04 pm

Storm, my main RP character. Imbued with powerful arcane magic, and the power to understand the mechanisms of physical interaction, would use his incredible skills...

...to become an uneducated serf! Where he will happily spend the rest of his days toiling in poverty and pestilence as an NPC to someone else's adventure. Just like he always wanted.

I dunno. so many people choose the brave adventurers, but I lately have been wanting to elevate the average everyman that few people look at to a higher importance. After all, serfs and peasants are the ones making up the majority of society in these fantasy adventure stories.
Storm Wave
Storm Wave
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Dregan Tue Jun 07, 2016 4:08 am

Oops, I have been horrifically neglecting this topic this time around, my bad! Expect me to come back and change up the topic ooon... let's say Thursday!

@Whip; First of all, Sky Whale? I am totally down with that. That is a thing I am up for.
As for the invention of fantasy races... wow that's a difficult question, without resorting to 'anthros but slightly different'. I have played Kath the Orc in pathfinder before, so I can at least imagine a similar species to that for her. Like a species of burly humanoids. Only... not green... but a different... I... Okay I'm pretty bad at this actually when it comes to adapting to custom species.

@Spark; I can honestly imagine Spark being some kind of Half-Giant figure. A hill giant of sorts. Would explain his enormous size and work well with the whole 'outcast' deal thing he has going on.

@Storm; I do always like the idea that there are some characters out there who are like, truly gifted/amazing... but just don't care. Like 'Oh I have the abilities to become an amazing super warrior but like... Oh man, those people get hurt! I think I'm just gonna get a job.'

I do have a couple of alt-versions of my own characters I use in a fantasy RP setting, sooo, shall fill in on them!
Kath, of course, is an obvious one. With her standard wrassling gimmick of 'The Barbarian King', it makes sense that her fantasy alt would be... well, a Barbarian King! It's said where she is that whoever is the strongest among the barbarians will become their King - they never quite specified anything about gender in the matter. As such, Kath reigns on high!
Of course, she'd never quite intended for this. Originally she just worked as a Doctor's assistant. However, the Barbarians rather demanded that the town she came from gave up a few of their fair maidens as an offering. Well... they never quite anticipated getting a maiden so swole as to usurp their leadership. Whoops.

I also have an alt version of Caek. Caek however is... more of a departure from her primary-world concept.
Fantasy Caek is an adventuring knight! Rather than applying her endless enthusiasm towards things such as advertising, instead she dedicated that energy to... well... adventure! In particular, she's a fan of taking on monster's much larger than her. Replace each bottle of Brargh with a challenge to a burly beast, each bottle of Cintreuse with a tempting manipulator, each Pisceus with a horrific kraken... you get the idea!
Her main claim-to-fame however is her slaying of a dragon! Such events allows her to, instead of advertising drinks for a bar, advertise her own abilities to others! She's still got stories to share, large grandiose stories - they just happen to be stories about her!
Dregan
Dregan
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Dregan Fri Jun 17, 2016 7:23 pm

Oops, I have been horrifically neglecting this thread. Along with all other things I'm meant to be running lately. I did have another hypothetical project thing but then someone started... well, actually doing it, so let's skip that one for now. Whoops.
Intead gonna briefly jump back to theme of vidja gaems for now before I get back to other things because... I dunno, I find these to be the easier ones to generate/chat about.

So last time was as personal as it gets. A fighting game, one-to-one, two individuals in the heat of battle. This time, gonna go the opposite way and zoom to a grand scale.

If we were to create SRN; The RTS, what sort of army/faction would you have to represent you or your characters?
-When saying RTS, primarily thinking of games like Command and Conquer and Starcraft - big armies against big armies.
-Similar to fighting game, I'd say two is a good number to go up to, giving you opportunity to throw in some opposing armies - though go more or less as freely as you choose.
-It can be any sort of army or group you already own - say, if you have an 'evil alliance' with lots of minions and stuff, they may work work - or alternatively get creative and go 'If I had an army of my own, what would it be?' Feel free to get creative!
-Be as gimmicky as you like! Whilst a lot of RTS games tend to have lots of armies with a very standard approach to 'lots of units with different strengths', some like to really stretch out and give factions unique mechanics - such as undead units who can resurrect, or armies who can casually teleport their whole base. Forget practical - think FUN!
Dregan
Dregan
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by spark tb Wed Jun 22, 2016 9:54 am

Aaaah, Real time strategy how I love thee! There's just something so rewarding about this genre, especially with all the little gimmicks you can work with.

So, for my armies... I guess I'll go with the only two 'armies' I've written about, so to speak - The vast legions of The Citadel, and the Sulphurian tribes

So, I'll start with the latter to begin with! The Sulphurians would be an army type that works best in terms of early aggression, with a small but powerful variety of troops able to be 'built' right off the bat!
Unlike most armies, which require you to build like 5-6 different buildings to unlock every unit type + upgrades, Sulphurians would only require 2-3 at most - and these being the different 'tribe' tents [Ram-like, Boar-like and Rhino-like being the main ones, with the Lizard-like being the misc 'optional' one] - and would, unfortunatly, be nearly entirely melee/mounted type units with very little air defence. Each tribe would be focused mainly on one or two aspects [powers/weapons, mainly], but with each tribe having access to something similiar to the others. For example, Boar-likes may not have any true healers, but they'd have 'battle medics' who could heal less than the other tribes, but still fight, whilst Ram-likes would have something that can heal, but can't fight at close range, etc. As stated earlier, this means they're best used for early push strats, or for holding against armies with very little air-power.

Now, the citadel is an army that comprises of many different races and vast technology. The former doesn't... easily lend itself to an army, outside of the zerg strategy of 'many different breeds, many different structures' sort of thing - which I'm going to shamelessly pinch. Whilst Suphurians require very few buildings to get going, the citadel require a shipload of structures to get their full might working - which means they are a very late game heavy army. To help balance this, they get a lot of very weak canon fodder troops they can build pretty much right off the bat, but they can't really... do anything with?
The other big gimmick would be a late game unit that doesn't kill enemy units, but rather when it drops them to 0 hit points it 'converts them to the cause', allowing you to add them to your own army! Said converted units respawn with half their hp, but can be healed up by medical troops back to their original amount. There are also early game troops with this ability, but for them it is much more rng based instead of a guarenteed conversion - lets say... 1 in six chance? - and are also much weaker than their late game counterparts.
Also, certain buildings would also be battleships - although this would require unlocking through certain techs - not only allowing the citadel to easily shift their base around the map, but also allows structures to defend themselves and you can drop troops right into the fray! However, upgraded buildings like this take muuuuuch longer to rebuild, and obviously means you lose that structure for awhile if it's gunned down - so be careful throwing your end-game troop spawner into the enemy.
spark tb
spark tb
Expert Member
Expert Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum