Hello user, SRN is now closed. Feel free to read anything you'd like, but you cannot post.
Thank you for being part of this community.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello user, SRN is now closed. Feel free to read anything you'd like, but you cannot post.
Thank you for being part of this community.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~!

+4
spark tb
Electrisa
Dregan
Whip~
8 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! Empty Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~!

Post by Whip~ Sat Feb 27, 2016 7:11 pm

Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! 112

Ladies and Gentlemen....
I present to you today, a new Nuzlocke Challenge

Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! 211

POKEMON: Glazed Version.

Yes, indeed~! Thanks to the contributions, again from Mrs. Spekkal, we have Pokemon: Glazed Version~! As before, I have no prior knowledge from Spek about this game, though promisingly, she's stated that there's no kill plane like the first route in Light Platinum. So. XD
I'm so excited to try this. Every single suggestion Spek has ever given me has always been great, and I'm not expecting this to be the exception!
So, for those of you who hadn't caught up on my last Nuzlocke, Purity, well...

Full Team Wipe followed by save-corruption, at the hands of the villains right when they awoke gods.

S o.
Needless to say, it was a pretty decent stopping point. >v>;
With this new Nuzlocke challenge, I want to do a minor restructuring. Now, I'm gonna link to each update here, in this first post. That way, anyone who wants to catch up can simply come here and find where they left off~!

The links to each update starts Here:

Installement #1) A New Beginning!
Installment #2) An Abrupt, Painful End.
Installment #3) A Shiny New(er) Beginning~
Installment #4) The True, Final Ending.
Installment #5) We're Really Starting Again This Time!
Installment #6) Bet you're sick of this cycle too, huh?
Installment #7) Where we left off!
Installment #Cool Revenge in the Tower!
Installment #9) A quick update~
Installment #10) On a short FUSE~!

Okay, so here are the rules, as per Nuzlocke~!

1). You may only catch the first Pokemon of any route that you find.
     -This means that, even if route 111 spans over two seperate locations, I can only catch ONE Pokemon on that route.
     *) ADDENDUM: Duplicates Clause
          -If I run into a Pokemon I've already captured, I may not capture it again. instead, I must try two more times after the failed attempt to find a new friend. After the third and final try, no more Pokemon may be caught upon that route.
     *)ADDENDUM: Beginner's Luck Clause
           -Because I don't have any means of capturing Pokemon before setting foot on the first route, I may ignore the first rule until the moment in which I obtain my first Pokeballs.
     *)ADDENDUM: Shiny Clause
        -If I run into a Shiny Pokemon, I'm allowed to try and capture it with no effect or affect from the first rule. Please let me have this ;v;

2). Any Pokemon whose HP reaches 0 is dead.
     -This means that... whenever a friend of ours "faints" in game, we can no longer use it, and must either release the Pokemon or(what I'll be doing), put it in a box for retirement. This Pokemon can no longer be used(unless there are extremely extenuating circumstances i.e. need a Pokemon to use an HM and there are no Pokemon anywhere I can temporarily use to wield the HM).

No longer in effect, starting on episode #7~

3). All Pokemon must be nicknamed.
     -Let's nickname our friends~! I'll be accepting nicknames to add to my list at any time from the forum. Excepting the very first friend, of whom I'll take the liberty of naming, any Pokemon we ever receive will be named by the community~! =3

And that's it~!
We're gonna continue on, in a new world, with new friends!
Our time is now, and the moment to carry on is at hand! Let's get started~!

Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! 311

Last edited by Whip~ on Mon May 30, 2016 5:32 pm; edited 10 times in total
Whip~
Whip~

Back to top Go down

Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! Empty Re: Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~!

Post by Whip~ Sat Feb 27, 2016 7:14 pm

Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! 411
Heeeey.... you're not Professor Jasmine. 8I

Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! 512
Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! 611
Noooo, that's what they call Professor OAK. You're an Identity Thief. 8III

Professor Willow, the Pokemon Professor of the Tunod Region, makes his appearance~! For the most part, his speech is identical to the one made by Professor Oak in Firered/Leafgreen, which is... strange, since as far as I can tell, this mod was made on the Emerald files.
Nonetheless, 

Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! 710
Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! 810
Holy crap shE'S CUTE WTF THANK YOU YES.

Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! 910

Wake up Purity... it's time to start anew.

Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! 1010
W-wait. Wait you've heard of me? ovo

No don't you run off on me old man I'll--!!

Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! 1110
...This isn't the back of a truck. Or my room.

This place is... eerily quiet. Nothing but the bonk sound for hitting walls is present,... until I find this guy a little due south.

Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! 1210
Um... d-do you need me to leave you alone? >>;;

So... he's very cryptic, but tells me that he wasn't expecting anyone to appear here. Then he says he'll "take me back over", but that the trip won't be enjoyable...
Did I actually die last run and appear here? ovo

Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! 1310
Oookay we're here now. ovo
Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! 1410

Aaaand Purity is talking on her own again. 8I

Still... eerie for sure. 
So he begins to explain what's going on, and...
Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! 1510
Wait. SO UM. THIS IS SOUNDING MORE AND MORE LIKE THE ACTUAL PURITY WAS DRAGGED OVER HERE.

He tells me that, in his universe, someone like me would be in big trouble. I have no idea what that means, but he goes on to explain that since I've been there before, it might happen again. Before he gets a chance to explain in greater detail though, he forcefully disappears.
And then just... here I am. In this room I don't recognize after a stranger from another dimension brought me here.
Well.... as customary for a new mod, let's give this one a good few starter-stretches and see how it plays~!

Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! 1611
Start menu is a little bland. Would be nice, but the spacing where Pokemon and Pokedex will eventually be is a little awkward. XD
Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! 1710

...That's strange. owo (Also I LOVE LONG HAIR NEW PURITY +103849359 BONUS POINTS)
Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! 1711

AAAAAAA IT'S STILL SO CUTE~! (Trainer card is otherwise largely unchanged from Emerald, which, again, isn't a bad thing~!)
Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! 1910

What IS bad is that THIS COMPUTER DOESN'T WO R K. I WILL NEVER GET BOB THE FREE POTION AT THIS RAAATE.
Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! 2110
For those of you curious about my options settings. c:

But yes, that seems to be the jist of my room! Cute, though not much to do here. So, let's blow this pop stand and see what the outer world has for us~!

Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! 2010
Oooo... pretty name. owo

Glenwood Town, our apparent home town! And.... we live on the second story, it would seem. That's nice, though going outside and back in for breakfast every morning must be a chore. At least it's a nice level of seperation from the rest of the house though. uvu
Let's see what Glenwood Town is like then, shall we? =3

Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! 2210
I HAVE A DAD? OWO

PURITY CONFIRMED HAS A DAD HERE. OKAY. 
So mum tells us that she and "dad" are going over to Chocco Town to buy a few things. She also remembers to tell us that Professor Willow wanted us to jump by for a visit, and then tells us that she... loves us. And goes away.
A far cry from Purity's previous, single-and-desperate mother in the last run. <<
Also, dad was suspiciously silent during the entire encounter, but I suppose he's fine. c:
Anyways, let's peek around Glenwood and see what's going on in here. =3

Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! 2310
Yup. This entire house is MINE.
Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! 2410

...Oh my it's a really pretty house too. owo

Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! 2511

y EAH. AREN'T PARALLEL REALITIES COOL? IT WOULD BE STRANGE. IF LIKE. THEY WERE OUT THERE SOMEWHERE.

Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! 2611

...That's... you have no idea sign.

Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! 2710

Oh. THAT'S SO COOL AAAAA OWO

Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! 2810

Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! 2910

Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! 3010

Huh... interesting. This implies that wherever Turod takes place in is closer in environment and habitat to Johto than it is to Sinnoh, but just close enough that Sinnoh Pokemon can be introduced to the environment happily. =3

Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! 3110

yES PLEASE.

As this nice little girl explains, there are five choices of Starter Pokemon in this region, each one being directly imported from Sinnoh~! There is Turtwig, Chimchar, Piplup, Shinx, and Riolu. Each one also has their evolutions listed, as well as what level they evolve at~!
Well, that's really cool~! The game gives me a chance to consider what kind of starter I want to choose~!
They won't ever be as cool as Squirt, but... We can try to find a new friend to help guide us. =)

Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! 3211
This is for all the grammar nazis out there~ c:

Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! 3310

Oooo... there's a beach here. Very scenic. =D

Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! 3410

Oooo. New Route. Buuuut, something tells me I shouldn't go out there yet, sooo...

Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! 3510

THIS new route, however. c:
Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! 3610
Oh. Nevermind. c: ;;;

Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! 3710
Well, this must be the place.

Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! 3810

Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! 3910

HOLY CRAP PLEASE SIR. DO THIS AND TAKE MY MONEY.

Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! 4010

And here we are!

So, Professor Willow here reminds us that we just got our Trainer's License yesterday, making us legal Pokemon Trainers~! Then, he just pops it up on us, giving us a choice straight away to choose one of the five Pokemon!

Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! 4110
Hmm....

Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! 4210

Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! 4311

And you all thought my naming skills would have improved since the last time. c:

Let's all welcome our first friend! Beat the Riolu has joined our team~! CX

Afterwards, Willow states that he's always been fond of Riolu, and then says that, though he'd normally give me a Pokedex, he's actually run out.
Which is unprofessional as heck. Wow Professor what am I paying you for. 8I
But of course, it's not to worry. He's got a pal called The Inventor chilling out in Chocco Town, so I should be fine to just head over there and see about getting one myself~!
And also, very important, There's a way to heal here. 
*gLARES AT LIGHT PLATINUM*

With all that said and done, I think it's about time to jump out of Glenwood and start our travels~!
Before that though, let's get a good look at our new friend, Beat~!
Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! Pokemo10

Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! Pokemo11

.....pff. pFFFFaHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA AHAH
AHAHA
AHAHAHAHAHA

O-OKAY! I LOVE--I LOVE THE- THE NEW. TYPE. IMAGES.
SERIOUSLY, THAT'S A COOL IDEA.
HAHA
BUT
B ?U T
FGT TYPE
A HA HAHAHAHA AH AHHAAH AH AHA HA HAH AHA HA

*wipes tears from my eyes*
Oh my gosh... okay. Okay. c:
I'm so sorry Beat. I love you. c: ;;;

Anyways, let's go ahead and get in some exploring! Despite the fact that the Pikachu route should be clear now, I actually wanna go check out that Spring-something-or-other route first~! =3

Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! 4610
This looks really pretty and scenic... =)

Besides being extremely pretty (much like Glenwood Town), there doesn't seem to be much to do on this route. There was a world map just kind of chilling out on the path to the south-west there;
Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! 4710
Hooooly crap this world is huge. OWO

Which has me hyped for this game. But it doesn't do much else before abruptly changing. =3

Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! 4810
Wow. What a cheery name. 8I

Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! 4911

Oh. Huh.

I think I'll respect the sign and not mess with the sanctuary then. With that, however, there is nothing else to really do here. The route ends on a pretty little beach overlooking a small body of water, soo... I'll just head back and try going the other way instead. =3

Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! 5010
Oh gosh plEASE DOn'T BE A PERVY OLD MAN

Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! 5110

Oh. Thanks for the tip old man!

Apparently, things are going down on this new route. Let's see what's going on. owo

Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! 5210
Oh, hey you Pikachu~!
Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! 5310

Um EXCUSE ME. WTF R U DOING WITH MY PARENTS??

Okay this Pikachu is going waaaay down. >8I

Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! 5410
Oh. That's threatening. ovo

Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! 5510

Ooooo owwwwo

Firstly, there are a few things to note.
A) Every Pokemon has an opening animation, which is awesome~!
B) As obviously seen, this Pikachu has a custom sprite. Which is amazing. OwO
C) The backgrounds are hecka pretty JUST THIS WHOLE GAME, OKAY. GEEZ UGH CCCX

Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! Pokemo12
Suck this Force Palm, Pikachu. c:

So our parents are alright! They thank Purity for saving them--

Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! 5710

PRESENTS GIMME GIMME~!!
Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! 5810
OWO THANKS MUM UR THE BEST
Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! 5911

Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! 6010

....D-dad. ;v;
DAD THANK YOU SO MUCH AAAAAAAA ;VVVV;

Needless to say Purity now has the best parents kthanks c:

Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! 6111
Oh right, I forgot time didn't work until you put batteries in my clock. 8I

Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! Pokemo13

That'll do. (also this clock looks rad but eye-blinding holy crap).

So Mom and Dad thank me again for saving them from that Pikachu, and then mention some news about our new goal to beat the Gym Leader challenge~! =3

Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! Pokemo14

Thanks for the info Dad. Don't seem at all concerned that I'm leaving at the age of like, 12.

And then they're off, and we're free~! =3

Now, this is something I have to bring up. You guys might have noticed that a few of the screenshots use a different, brighter and more direct filter than the others. That'll be because I switched from the No$GBA emulator to the VisualboyAdvance.
The reason for this is because the game-breaking crash that I experienced at the end of the Light Platinum run started happening with annoying frequency during this run as well. We're near the beginning, so it didn't hurt too much, but... I knew I had to change emulators.
This means that now, we shouldn't have that previous result happen again, but mostly, this only changes some behind-the-scene handlings I'll have to get used to. Overall, all you guys should expect are brighter screenshots. =3

But yes, back to the Nuzlocke~!

Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! Pokemo15
Well. Guess we're going then.

I'm gonna go ahead and say that, since we have no means of capturing Pokemon just yet, any Pokemon we run into for now won't count against our rules. If you guys think that's unfair, I can go ahead and not catch any Pokemon here, but for now, I'm gonna go ahead and not worry about avoiding Pokemon. uvu

Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! Pokemo16
For posterity's sake, this was the first wild Pokemon we've ever run into. S o.

A little bit of travelling later, and we see that one of Purity's running gags apparently continues on in this playthrough too. 8I

Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! Pokemo17

Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! Pokemo18

Oh no, not another riVAL.

This is Percy, and his Cyndaquil. Though considering how hotheaded he is, I'm considering calling him Natsu--*slapped*
He came by interested in the rumors about that wild Pikachu earlier, though when we mention that we scared it off, he gets impatient and decides to battle us instead.
Here we go. 8I
(Gotta say though, the animations so far in this game are even better than in Light Platinum, in that they feel a lot more fluid. The use of music and dialogue clarity makes this feel like a canon game, with very few rough edges to be seen. owo)

Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! Pokemo19
Awww, he has a lil Cyndaquil in his battle sprite. CX

So yeah, as you can imagine, his only Pokemon is Cyndaquil. 

Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! Pokemo20
And Beat just learned Counter last level, soooo... c:
Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! Pokemo21
HAH. FIRE PUN. DO YOU GET IT

Percy seems surprised that Beat managed to beat him("YOWZERS" ~ Percy 2016), and then states that he, too, is gonna go retreat to Oceanview City for a while. 
Meanwhile, I'm gonna run back and heal up Beat because Counter is a productive but dangerous technique to use. c: ;;
(Fun fact, you can run indoors with this mod!!)

I wanna take this time, whilst I run around trying to get through Forest Pass, to bring up some more things~!
First of all, these paths are HuGE. This is the first route, and I already got lost because there were two paths to take. OwO
Secondly, I took a second glance at the world map, and...
Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! Pokemo22
Olivine City...? OvO

That's... That's Johto. OvO
Is Johto a part of this game?? OvO
WILL I GET TO GO TO JOHTO AT SOME POINT?? OVVVO
YOU GUYS DON'T UNDERSTAND JOHTO IS MY FAVOURITE REGION. POKEMON GOLD WAS THE FIRST VIDEO GAME I EVER OWNED I'M SOOO HYPE HAHSHDFOUSHOUF

*breathes*
Nonetheless, at least my earlier analysis was right. This region is much like Johto, simply because it's right next to it. Since Sinnoh is canonically to the north of Johto, that explains how we migrated some of those Pokemon here as well.
GOSH, JUST, A GAME MOD THAT MAKES ME THINK ABOUT GEOGRAPHY? YES PLEASE HOLY CRAP.

So, enough gushing about this, let's continue, shall we? c:

Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! Pokemo24
I LIED MORE GUSHING LOOK AT HOW PRETTY THIS OTHERWISE-POINTLESS WATER BRIDGE IS. I NEED MORE ATTENTION TO DETAIL LIKE THIS IN MY LIFE.

Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! Pokemo23
Oh. We're here.

Yes, Chocco Town~! We arrived without much of a hitch, so let's do this the good old Purity way and do a town montage~! =D

Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! Pokemo25
I'm gonna miss the old Pokemon Center...

Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! Pokemo26
Wait this thing is a PC? That looks so cooool OwO
Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! Pokemo27
AAAAAAAAAAAA BOB THE POTION YOU'RE BAAAACK. I'M SORRY I KILLED YOU LAST RUN LET'S NEVER LET THAT HAPPEN AGAIN. I'M MAKING BEAT HOLD YOU FOR NOW.

Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! Pokemo28

Rankor? Like the pit? I'm assuming this creator made another mod about the Rankor Region then? >o>
(note: this lady talks about the geography of Rankor and Turod compared to Johto, marking all three of them as a giant archipelago. This is probably the first time I've heard that phrase be used correctly in a video game, though to be fair, parts of Johto, like Mahogany Town, would be better described as peninsulae to the Kanto/Sinnoh continent.)

Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! Pokemo29

Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! Pokemo30

OOOOOO. FREAKING, THAT'S SO COOOOOL. LIKE, I LIKE THIS. I LIKE THIS A LOT GENERAL STORE INSTEAD OF A MART. AAAAAAAAAA

Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! Pokemo31

Girl, there are people who will fight to the death to say you're wrong. c:

Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! Pokemo32

W OW. HOLY CRAP WORST GRANDDAUGHTER. (Actually that's very reasonable continue on lil girl).

Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! Pokemo33

Oh. OH. THAT'S THE PUN??? CHOCCO--THAt'S. WHAT THEY'RE DOING. 
GLAZED. CHOCCO. I
I'M SO
MAD. 
I CANNOt BELIEVE THIS. AURHGUHASNFOUGDFSSNADFOUGBUO

*breathes*

Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! Pokemo34
*intense grumbling about name puns*

Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! Pokemo36
Wow. You guys are rude/suspicious as crap. 8I

Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! Pokemo37

Oh wait isn't this the guy I'm supposed to be visiting?
Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! Pokemo38

Oh. I guess he's... not home. 

Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! Pokemo39

aaaAAAAAAAAA LIL GIRL YOU'RE SO C UTE OMG CAN I ADOPT YOU

Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! Pokemo40

CANDY WHAT GIMME CANDY
Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! Pokemo41

Holy Shinx this place is cUTE. OWO
Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! Pokemo42

Sir. That's not candy.
(But it is a really useful and creative shop. Like, I love that they're balancing this powerful stuff out by the impossibility of which I'd be able to afford it at this point. This is just so well thought out. Also the lady next to him sells standard basic healing items plus healing powder, which I hate and will never use, but is creative nonetheless. CX)

Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! Pokemo43
I guess this'll be his lab, then.

So, here we are. The Inventor's lab!
I'm gonna assume that whatever we need to continue the plot is in there, but for today, I'm gonna wrap it up here!
I know it's been short, but the behind-the-scenes junk took literally five hours to sort, so I promise there's a reason for it. XD
Next time, we should come back to some longer posts, but for now, see you~!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The Team So Far~!

Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! 447-- Beat, Level 07.
--
--
--
--
--

Deceased~

None so far~! =D

I hope this playthrough will be as nice (hopefully a LOT nicer) than the last one~! If you guys have any names or suggestions to throw at me, please do so in the comments below~! Otherwise, thank you so much for showing up for another Stainless installment, and I'll see you all next time~! CX

Last edited by Whip~ on Sun Feb 28, 2016 1:27 am; edited 1 time in total
Whip~
Whip~

Back to top Go down

Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! Empty Re: Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~!

Post by Dregan Sat Feb 27, 2016 10:39 pm

But... glazed like a window... or glazed like a donut? This is important for me to know man! Details!
Dregan
Dregan
Hero
Hero

http://barred.smackjeeves.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Electrisa Sun Feb 28, 2016 2:52 am

I. LOVE. THIS.
And I want a Bro for Beat
I can't make up names
But a Bro pls
(Also Team Dad the Second)
AND PURITY GETTING TRANSPORTED TO A PARALLEL UNIVERSE VIA GLITCH IS MY TOP FAV HEADCANON FOREVER AND EVER NOW

And VBA is best emulator. Good.
Electrisa
Electrisa
Master Member
Master Member

http://electrisa.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Whip~ Sun Feb 28, 2016 7:46 am

Dregigglemeliggle~ wrote:But... glazed like a window... or glazed like a donut? This is important for me to know man! Details!

Needless to say, I'm pretty sure they meant as in donut. And I'm not happy about it. 8I

Eelextiser wrote:AND PURITY GETTING TRANSPORTED TO A PARALLEL UNIVERSE VIA GLITCH IS MY TOP FAV HEADCANON FOREVER AND EVER NOW 

And VBA is best emulator. Good.

ThA'TS PRETTY MUCH CANON AT THIS POINT.
It did blend in surprisingly well, I must admit. owo
And VBA treats me well! No glitches, pretty graphics... I have no complaints. =3

Well, let's get this motorboat started then, aye? =3

Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! Pokemo44
OH CHR IS T MAS N OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! Pokemo45

...Wh?
Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! Pokemo46

...O-oh.
Oh... Um, th-that's not... bad then.
You know, I actually recall closing the game mid-save during a training session... The message must have been about that, because besides the one level I got for Beat, everything else is the same as we left it...
Well. That's not so bad then. =3
Just... battle scars guys. Battle scars. >v>;;

Anyways... let's go and give a visit to our friend The Inventor!
Upon first entering his lab, I get the impression that he has a lot of underlings, judging by the many engineers running around the place. owo

Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! Pokemo47

I like this guy in particular. He's doing something that engineers legitimately do like, all the time.

Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! Pokemo48
Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! Pokemo49
Wow okay RUDE. Someone's got their labcoat in a twist. 8I

The Inventor realizes quickly that I'm Purity, and that the Professor wanted him to give me a Pokedex, which has the most hilarious description I've read for one ever.

Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! Pokemo50
You're not wrong.

Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! Pokemo51

GIMME GIMME GIMME
Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! Pokemo52

'EEEEEEY. FINALLY~! =D

After all these gifts though, he also has a favour to ask of me~! He says that there are some ruins in the Milkshake Swamp that he'd like to investigate, but he'd feel safer having an escort. So he asks me to do it. =3
After all he's done for me, I think I can afford him that. Plus, a swamp would be a great place to catch a new Pokemon! =3
And after accepting it, he disappears, stating that he'll meet me there.

And now we're free to go and catch our first friend, as well as head over to Milkshake Swamp! First new friend first, though~ uvu

Although actually, what I accidentally ended up doing was heading up north, only to get sucked into another cutscene as The Inventor tries to get passed those two sketchy guards.

Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! Pokemo54
I believe it. Mr. Inventor I'm more confused that you don't these guys have "Regional Team" written all over their faces.

Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! Pokemo55

Oh no it'S TUXEDO MASK DROPPING IN FrOM THE HEAVENS--
Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! Pokemo56

Oh.

No, it was actually this guy, Blake of the Tunod Elite Four. Apparently, he has a Darkrai and ravished the heck out of Team Fusion for trespassing in the Swamp.
He questions why The Inventor was headed out into the swamp with me, and we explain that we were going to investigate the ruins together, since the Inventor doesn't have any Pokemon.
So Blake, the nice guy that he is, takes it upon himself to escort the Inventor, letting me... escape the escort mission.
Wow, what a nice guy! =D
I mean, I'll still head in there for a new friend, but that was really cool of him, actually doing a job suited for a professional rather than a 12 year old little girl.

Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! Pokemo57
I did run into this creepy uninteractable ghost of the Inventor though. That was weird, but it went away with a screen-switch. uvu

So yeah, let's actually go and catch our first friend now! Boy I hope it's a Sentret.

Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! Pokemo58
*siiigh*

You're no Sentret, but you'll do wonders for our team. =)

Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! Pokemo59
Oh holy crap Ten Pokeballs? OWO

Thank you Inventor. OwO

Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! Pokemo60
Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! Pokemo61
Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! Pokemo62
(Name thanks to: Electrisa~!)

Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! Pokemo63

Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! Pokemo64

Everyone, please welcome Beat's new brother, Bro the Rattata to the party~!

So, now about that Swamp... c:

Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! Pokemo65
Whoa... isolated rain showers. owo

This place looks really cool. It as loads of trees and fungus and junk growing everywhere. owo
Let's see about that new friend! =D

Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! Pokemo66
eeeeh.... the trudging through swamp water effect could use work. <<;
But the lighting effect on the ground is spot on owo

Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! Pokemo67

OH WH A T. WELP. WATCH OUT FOR THE POISON IVY GUYS. 8I

Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! Pokemo68
oH F RICK. AND I DIDN'T BUY ANY ANTIDOTES EITHER FRICK FRICK FRICK.

Luckily, I had some potions on hand. XD
But still, that was a stressful near-death AND I DIDN'T EVEN FIGHT ANY POKEMON. GOSH DARN IT.

Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! Pokemo69
Yeah THANKS FOR THAT. 8I

Unfortunately, even before I ran into my first wild friend, I'd already met a trainer. XD
OKAY SO
HERE'S A STRANGE MECHANIC. REMATCHES.
Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! Pokemo70

YOU SEE THAT TEXT?
I SURE DIDN'T WHEN I ACCIDENTALLY CHALLENGED HIM A SECOND TIME.

I'm not sure what the limits are, or if any trainer can be rematched, but it definitely seemed as if he gave less money the second time, which is good. It would be too easy otherwise.
Still!! This is amazing~! No need for hyper advanced technology to find out who wants a rematch, just... plain 'ol asking. With a yes and no prompt.
This game is gorgeous.

Also we have a new friend! =D

Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! Pokemo71
SHROOOOOOOOM~! =DDDDDD

yISSSSSSS. I LOVE THE SHROOM HOLY CRAPPPP

Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! Pokemo72
aaaaaAAAAAAAAAAA

Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! Pokemo73

Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! Pokemo74

(Name suggested by Rem~!)

Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! Pokemo75
Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! Pokemo76

I love the shroom. WELCOME TO THE TEAM MERLIN THE SHROOMISH! CCCX

*ahem* Not that I'm showing favourites. c:
Anyways, further into the swamp we go~!

Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! Pokemo77
Thanks for that pal. BUT AGAIN, IT WAS JUST SLIGHTLY TOO LATE 8IIIII

Something else that was strangely missing from Light Platinum;
Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! Pokemo78

Double Battles have made a comeback~!
I don't know if it's because they're more difficult to program or what, but there were none in the previous let's play I did. This one, however, has brought them back, which is great as I love double battles. CX

Not that two-on-one helped their odds against me. c:

Something else I noticed, wading through this knee-high mud, is that this layout is almost an exact mirror-flip of Viridian Forest in the original games. Not that it at all affects anything, but it's a neat little easter egg of sorts worth pointing out. =3

Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! Pokemo79
HEY GUYS GUESS WHO FORGOT TO BUY ANTIDOTES.
(I still had more potions but frick I need to buy some antidotes. 8I )

Also Beat fell IN LOVE.
Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! Pokemo80

BEAT STOP IT. YOU'RE BOTH BABIES.

Needless to say, this swamp was fuuuun. c:

But after that long swampfest, we finally make it to the research site~!

Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! Pokemo81
Oh. Here we are~! =3

Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! Pokemo84

Hey Blake, hey... uh, Inventor...

Blake points out that, as he suspected, a random Fusion grunt snuck in and started snooping around the place too. He then offers me a first-row seat to an Elite Four member knocking around a criminal, to which I say HECK YEAH~! >=D
Unfortunately, just as Blake starts to close in on him, the slippery weasel jumps off, saying that the people back at Fusion will hail him a hero for what he found.
Blake suddenly notices the tablet, and the Inventor comes in after, also noticing the tablet and making a few vague sounds.
And then the don't bother explaining anything to me, instead simply declaring their termination of the project along with giving me a gift~!

Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! Pokemo85
EEEWWWW-- oh. "Comm". Okay. That's better.

The Pokecomm device allows Pokemon speech to be translated into human, which, I mean, holy crap that's a pretty useful device~! owo
I don't know how to feel about it, but... I'm wondering how it will come into play. =o
Then the two leave, and Purity stays behind to admire the text...

Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! Pokemo86

and then the screen begins to shake, before fading to black...

Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! Pokemo87
Oh crap. Am I in the dying remains of Light Platinum? o_o

Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! Pokemo88

AND IT'S THIS GUY AGAIN!

So he mentions that his name is Luke, but quickly cuts off saying that he doesn't have a lot of time to explain. Instead, he requests that I help him find his Mudkip which, well, I guess I don't have a choice do I. 8I

Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! Pokemo89
O-Oh. Uh, th-thank you. Shoot, I was just grumpy with you too... crap.

I guess we're finding this guy's Mudkip in this strange dimension.

Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! Pokemo90
C'mere you little mudfish.

(he ran away. 8I )

Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! Pokemo91
I SAID C'MERE YOU-- FFFFFFFF

Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! Pokemo92

You must think you're so freaking clever you little shrimp. 8I

Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! Pokemo93

BRING IT ON AXOLOTL

Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! Pokemo94 
Just you and me LET'S DO THIS! >=D

So, I'm not entirely sure if this counts as Milkshake Swamp still, but for posterity's sake, I'm just not gonna catch him.
So I knocked it out. uvu

Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! Pokemo95
Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! Pokemo96
OH GOSH DARN IT LUKE. YOU SERIOUSLY NEED TO EXPLAIN THIS BULLCRAP RIGHT NOW. WHAT--

Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! Pokemo97

*low key grumbling sounds*

Well, that was a trip, but at least we're back here. Safe, mostly.
Scouring around the ruins shows that the scientists are actually doing science and the researchers are doing real research. It's refreshing to see someone in a video game mention the Golden Ratio, and another decyphering an ancient language. This kind of thing is what I loved about Gen 4 in the canon games; real references to real science. =)

Anyways, there's another path to the west, so I decided to take it, trying to find another exit from this mucky sludge. 8I

Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! Pokemo98
wh
Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! Pokemo99
NO WHAT????????
WHY? WHY WOULD YOU GIVE A LEVEL 9 PINECO SELF-DESTRUCT?? IN WHAT WAY IS THAT AT ALL FAIR? WHAT THE ACTUAL CRAP WHAT?
WHAT?
NOOOO

no... FRICK ME MAN. What kind of stupid--
mngh......

R.I.P. Beat. Level: 5 - 10.

I guess we're starting the bullcrap early.

Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! Pokem100

Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! Pokem101

*rubs temples*

Alright! Next time on Stainless!

We start all the frickle frack way back at the beginning of the game.

The Team So Far~!

-- 
--
--
--
--
--

Deceased~
Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! 447-- Beat, Level 05 - 11.
Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! 285-- Merlin, Level 05 - 06.

Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! 019-- Bro, Level 03 - 08.

Don't ask me how I'm so bad at this. I promise you I have no idea.
Um... yeah... I'm so sorry at how bad this is going for me. But, I guess... it happens sometimes.
Next time we'll uh... start back from the beginning of the game. I promise not to stick you guys through all the boring stuff; I'll use the opportunity to just... rush through it all.
I hope you guys aren't put off by my lack of skill, and I hope that, somehow, you'll still find some kind of enjoyment out of this. <<;;
Whip~
Whip~

Back to top Go down

Post by Electrisa Sun Feb 28, 2016 10:04 am

AHHHHHH NO I WAS HYPED FOR A BRELOOM THEY'RE SUPER CUTIES ;-;;;
But aaaa maybw they're common and we'll catch another Merlin ;u; I BELIEVE IN YOU WHEP
Electrisa
Electrisa
Master Member
Master Member

http://electrisa.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by spark tb Sun Feb 28, 2016 1:58 pm

Ok, for starters: HOOOOOLY CARP THIS GAME IS PRETTY
LIKE, INSANELY PRETTY. I KNOW THE LAST GAME HAD SOME GOOD SPRITE EDITS AND CUSTOMS ETC, BUT THIS ONE IS JUST AAAAAH <3

Also the plot itself doesn't seem halfbad, if not a little heavyhanded in its immediate introduction, but hey! As you said, theres few rough edges.

Now that I have that off my chest: GDI PINECO, YOU LET THE STRESS GET TO YOU. YOU FOOOOOOL.

Just for that, I require the next pokemon to be named Acorn, to show it what the superior seed is >c

...Also like, I'm going to assume you saved since the one outside the lab? If not, you coooould always start there, since nothing... directly involving the nuzlocke actually happened until then? .?. But again, I'm assuming you have saved since then.
spark tb
spark tb
Expert Member
Expert Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Spekkal Sun Feb 28, 2016 4:50 pm

Oh, that was... wow, yeah, certaionly.. abrupt. I didn't even have time to comment before it all fell apart. Uh. Wow.  That Beat's been more than just dropped, it's fuckin' dead. That Pineco was brutal, and they actually learn it at level 8, so it isn't adjusted at all, which is... depressing. So uh, for future reference, run from the cones?
And goddammit, shroomish is amazing! Merlin would have been a wonderful asset to the team!
Well, thankfully that was just the start, and restarting shouldn't be too bad?
Oh god Whip I'm so sorry ;-;
Spekkal
Spekkal
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Dregan Sun Feb 28, 2016 5:22 pm

Oh god. Oh god why.
Well, I guess it's time for Purity to slip into another neighbouring dimension - this one kinda suspiciously similar to the past. Maybe that's Purity's true purpose. To slip from dimension to dimension and purify the zones.

Also, I will be deeply upset if there's not a single Miltank in Milkshake Swamp. Like, I don't know anything about the regions and such. BUT THAT SOUNDS PERFECT FOR THEIR HOME.
Dregan
Dregan
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Whip~ Sun Feb 28, 2016 9:27 pm

Spark wrote:...Also like, I'm going to assume you saved since the one outside the lab? If not, you coooould always start there, since nothing... directly involving the nuzlocke actually happened until then? .?. But again, I'm assuming you have saved since then.

Dreglles wrote:Also, I will be deeply upset if there's not a single Miltank in Milkshake Swamp. Like, I don't know anything about the regions and such. BUT THAT SOUNDS PERFECT FOR THEIR HOME.

HAHAHAHAHA MAN. THAT WOULD HAVE BEEN GREAT. Unfortunately, I saw no Miltank anywhere. A missed opportunity, but we got something.... special in that forest yet, so all is well. c:

Spek wrote:That Pineco was brutal, and they actually learn it at level 8, so it isn't adjusted at all, which is... depressing. So uh, for future reference, run from the cones?

Wow... that's... that's horrific on a Nuzlocke. Self-Destruct has always been one of those moves I'm seriously against. Like, even outside of Nuzlocke. In Nuzlocke, the implications are horrific. ><;

But um... in reference to Spark's comment....

Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! Pokem102

Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! Pokem103

>.>

....If... if anyone really doesn't appreciate this happenstance shortcutting, please let me know and I'll start from the beginning again like a good boy. BUT SPARK HAS A POINT. NOTHING NUZLOCKE-RELATED HAPPENED BETWEEN THE BEGINNING AND HERE.
This saves me a hecka-lot of time, so... I'm gonna go ahead and do it. But I promise, if any of you think it's a bit cheap, then that's fine. Let me know and I'll start again from the beginning. I wouldn't mind it, I just want to be able to update sooner... ^v^;

Anyways, I'll catch you guys when we start to make a difference in progress. =3

So~! Few notes upon our catching up~!

Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! Pokem104
Oh, hey Bro~! =D

Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! Pokem105

Oh, hey Merlin~! =DD

Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! Pokem106

HFUOSHDFOUSHDFOGUSDH I'M SORRY W  H A  T??? OVVVVVVO

Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! Pokem107

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAH W  H A   T

Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! Pokem108

(Name provided by: Spark~!)

Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! Pokem109

Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! Pokem110

N O. THERe'S  NO WAY. 
I HAVE LITER A L LY  ONL Y  S EE N A LEG ITI MATE S HI NY PO KEMON O NCE. WHEN I WAS TWELVE. AND IT WAS A ZUBAT.
WH AT EV E N. H O HO HO LY CR A P.

So I guess we have a shiny Shroomish now guys. Welcome Acorn the Shroomish to the team. c:

Also.... with my heart in my hands, I rechallenged the game-stopper with his dumb Pineco. 

Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! Pokem111
No
Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! Pokem112

YESSSSSSSSS

SUCK ON THAT YOU STUPID PINECO BUTTPLUG. HOLY CRAP. SUCK IT. SUCK IIIIIIT.
But there's still that Butterfree to take care of. >>;

Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! Pokem113
Oh. Leech Seed carries over even if you switch out. ovo

Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! Pokem114

HAHA! SUCK IT NERRRRRRD.

That was far more stressful than it should have been. I'm just... grateful I didn't lose anyone this time.
Training is far more important than I give it credit for. I always tried not to overlevel too much, to keep things fun, but... I think in light of the last few wipes, I'm going to have to pour a lot of time into training now. 
Either way though, we're finally out of that swamp... and thank goodness.

Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! Pokem115
N O.
Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! Pokem116

Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! Pineco13

Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! Pineco14

Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! Pineco15

*clears throat*

Anyways. c:

Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! Pokem117
Finally, out of that horrendous place!

Oceanview Park~! That must mean we're getting close to Oceanview Town! =D

Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! Pokem118
Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! Pokem119
.....Y-you kind soul. ;v;

THIS LADY KNOWS WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT HEEEE YEAAAH~! CX

Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! Pokem121
Kid, you have NO IDEA.

So~! Oceanview Park! A gorgeous little spot where everyone is sort of chilling out! I'm scared to talk to most people, as my team is pretty hurt from that stupid bug-sucker earlier, but... There's someone new to talk to now.

Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! Pokem120
OooohoOOOOOOoooOOOOOOOOOOOOOO =OOOO

I can use the PokeComm to talk to overworld Pokemon. owo
AAAAAAAAAAA THAT' SSO COOOOOOOL~! OWO
I THOUGHT IT WOULD ONLY BE USEFUL FOR DUMB STORYLINE STUFF BUT IT'S ACTUALLY A FLAVOUR FEATURE OWO
HOLY CRAAAAP~!

And I guess it creates a bunch of plot holes. Like, a bunch. But I'm willing to overlook it. It's cute. I can shut my brain off for this. CX

But yes. Besides a little area that requires cut (from which I might also be able to capture a new friend!), there's not much else to do besides gaze at the view. And right next door to the park is Oceanview itself~! =D

Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! Pokem122

So, with a name like that and some insanity in the forest before it, I think now's a good time to check out what this place has to offer~! =3
In the form of an image-spam, of course. c:

Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! Pokem123
Hah. That's cute I just walked several miles today. c:

Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! Pokem124

Aaaaa cUTE

Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! Pokem126

AAAA CUTE

Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! Pokem127

AAAAAAAAAAAAA HOLY CRAP THIS CITY IS SO CUTE WTF.

Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! Pokem128

THERE'S ANOTHER CITY THAT'S BIGGER AND HAS A CUTE NAME?? This game is playing all my songs today. owo

Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! Pokem130

Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! Pokem131

THIS GIRL GETS IT. 

Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! Pokem132

OwO

Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! Pokem133

GAAAH IT'S SO GORGEOUS IN HERE.

Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! Pokem134

Oh. That's too bad. :c

Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! Pokem135

Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! Pokem136
YES PLEASE.

Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! Pokem137

Wait, what Pokemon? owo
Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! Pokem138

Oh. Ah. Dittos are cool, buuuut... They're not very reliable. I can't risk its life in a Nuzlocke challenge.

Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! Pokem139

(Name suggested by: Spekkal~!)

Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! Pokem140

Sorry friend. It's for your own safety. =3

Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! Pokem141

Oh. Well of course it is, I just got here. 8I

Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! Pokem142

Oh. That's a good tip! Thank you! =D

Even though Sparky is a dumb name. XD

Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! Pokem143
Good luck kid. Your parents are conning you. Been there, done that. 8I

Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! Pokem144

Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! Pokem145

pFFF. Well, cars ARE canon in the Pokeverse, so... c:

Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! Pokem146

Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! Pokem147

See, I'm not sick, I'm slobbering, because that sounds delicious. owo

Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! Pokem148

Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! Pokem149

*AIRHORN* WAS THAT A SWOOBAT FLYING BY OR DID YOU JUST STEAL HER HEART DUDE~

Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! Pokem150

Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! Pokem151

*pets Beat and Shrooms* DARN RIGHT DARN RIGHT.

Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! Pokem152

Ooo, I can buy a boat ticket~! =D (Not right now I'm broke, but in the future!)

Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! Pokem153

Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! Pokem154

*snrk* This made me laugh way harder than it should have. XD

Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! Pokem155

Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! Pokem156

Oh yeah? Huh, come to think of it, the dude in front of the Gym mentioned that Sparky headed into the power plant for some reason. Guess that's where we gotta go. =3

So, Oceanview is probably my favourite city so far, and that's saying something. There's just so much flavour here. So much effort, this REALLY feels like it could be a canon city in a Pokemon game from this era!
But alas, those were pretty much the highlights for now. Now we've got to go and visit the Power Plant and see what Sparky's up to in there.
Probably some.... Fusion.
*rimshot*
....Eh? Eeeeeeh? Fusion?
Like... nuclear... fusion.... cuz' power plant... and..

Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! Pokem157

L-let's just go in.

Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! Pokem158

Wh-ow. They were not kidding when they said this place was abandoned.

So, immediately upon entering there's some creepy music and no area-entered title card. I wonder if there are any wild Pokemon here.
There sure are people.

Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! Pokem159
Hey man, it's cool. Peer pressure gets the best of us. Just get out of here before Sparky lays a smackdown on your """friends""". >v>;;

Also, to answer my own question, yes. There are wild Pokemon here.
Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! Pokem160
Oh. Neat, a Magnemite~! =D

Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! Pokem161

Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! Pokem162

(Name provided by: Spekkal~!)

Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! Pokem163

Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! Pokem164

Everyone, please welcome Staple the Magnemite to the team~! =D

Anyways, let's go upstairs and punish some bad kids. c: 

Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! Pokem165
W o w. So cool. Much mature.

Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! Pokem166

WHOA HOLY FRICK DUDE ISN'T THIS SUPPOSED TO BE A BUNCH OF MISBEHAVING KIDS HOW MANY YEARS WERE YOU HELD BACK MAN

Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! Pokem167

Whoa hey kid. Watch your language. 8I

After knocking around a few overgrown schoolkids(???), we finally reach the top of the Power plant, where... we meet an old friend.

Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! Pokem168
Is that the old Pikachu with the scarf? ovo

Yeah, the Pikachu somehow turned on the turbines of the power plant and is swallowing up electricity as much as it can. 
Also, this guy here is Sparky, Oceanview's Gym Leader. He says that, since he's only been getting particularly easy challengers, he wants to test me. So he's left it up to me to depower those turbines and fight the Pikachu. If I win, he'll accept my challenge.
Well... alright. But I don't wanna hurt the Pikachu, just... knock some sense into him. I have no idea why he's even juicing up in the first place, but here we go....

Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! Pokem169
Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! Pokem170
Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! Pokem171
Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! Pokem172
Whoooooa! When did I do any of that?? Pikachu you need to find your chill right the heck now. OvO

Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! Pokem173

Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! Pokem175

Alright... I guess we're doing this. ovo

This Pikachu would have been a nightmare if I hadn't had Merlin. He had Thunderbolt, which at this point, did a massive amount of damage even to Merlin, who has a type-advantage. OvO
But thankfully, he went down. 

Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! Pokem176
Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! Pokem177
Wh-WHAT DID I DO TO YOU? OVO;;;

So Sparky appreciates what I did, and then holds up his end of the bargain and runs back to the Gym. I guess with all the commotion done with, I might as well train up a little and join in as well. 
But, for now, I think it's time that we ended it here. =3
For now just--
Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! Pokem178
Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! Pokem179
Wh- who--??

Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! Pokem180

WaIT WHAT--

Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! Pokem181

NNO NO NO. FRICK FRICK FRICK I JUST WANNA END THE CHALLENGE. 8III

So this is Chelle. She's a Grass-type trainer, from the looks of it, and just DECIDED TO FIGHT US RIGHT AS I WAS ATTEMPTING TO CUT THINGS OFF.
Well, might as well I guess. =~=
Her first Pokemon to come out is a Chikorita, and I have Beat in front. The Chikorita gets stupid-lucky with critical Razor Leafs, so I switch over to Merlin to tank the hits and set up Stun Spore + Leech Seed. 
Turns out grass-types are immune to Leech Seed. XD
But still, it went down with a few tackles.
Then she sent out a Pikachu, and that battle was pretty much a dance between Acorn and Merlin, constantly switching as Pikachu used Tail Whip over and over, and occasionally chipping a little bit of HP out with Leech Seed and Tackle. XD
but, the battle was won, and we were its victors~! =3

Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! Pokem182
DRAT.

She tries to pass off the loss as "going easy on me" since I'm a "rookie", and then runs off.
Psh. Lady whatever you were on the receiving end of a piledriver and you know it. c:

But finally, we're free to end it here. Next time, we'll take on Spark in the Oceanview Gym~! =D

The Team So Far~!

Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! 447-- Beat, Level 17.
Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! 285-- Merlin, Level 13.
Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! 019-- Bro, Level 13.
*Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! 285*-- Acorn, Level 11
Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! 081-- Staple, Level 10
--

Deceased~

None this playthrough~!

So yes~! This run is being a bit nicer, thankfully. >v>;;
Sorry for all the fudging in the beginning, but I'm gonna keep on trucking and try my absolute best~! >V<
Thank you all for reading up on this from time to time~! I hope that you're all enjoying it~! CX
Also, please leave some name suggestions for me~! One of the biggest problems I have is not having enough suggested nicknames(or really bad ones Spark), so if you guys want to think of as many as you want and throw them at me, I promise you, I don't mind at all. XD
But yes. Thank you, and I'll see you next time~! =3
Whip~
Whip~

Back to top Go down

Post by Dregan Sun Feb 28, 2016 9:48 pm

Huh, iiinterdasting. It seems like this game is also setting up the 'multiple rival' things, but going a lot more thematic with them. So not only do you have typed gyms, you have typed rivals too. I LIKE IT!

Also, my list of names for you;
Step Dad
Oops, I
BAM
Wicked
Dregan
Dregan
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by spark tb Mon Feb 29, 2016 12:06 am

I'm sorry
did you just
did you just say 'Sparky' was a dumb name
did you just saY 'SPARKY' WAS A DUMB NAME

...Yeah alright I'll agree with you on that one 8D Which is why I'm suggesting 'Sparky' as a name ;D

Other names include:
Drekkle
My son
Slave 089
That one dude.
spark tb
spark tb
Expert Member
Expert Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Whip~ Mon Feb 29, 2016 8:19 am

Drekklag~ wrote:Huh, iiinterdasting. It seems like this game is also setting up the 'multiple rival' things, but going a lot more thematic with them. So not only do you have typed gyms, you have typed rivals too. I LIKE IT!

It certainly seems so! Percy only had a Cyndaquil on him, but he seemed like a hot-headed kind of person. =3
Though the way Chelle talked, it seemed like she was more meaning to fight grass-types. But then again, between her appearance and Pokmon (Pikachu felt like the outlier with its lower level), I'm gonna go with you on this. Typed rivals and it feels good. owo

Sparky wrote:...Yeah alright I'll agree with you on that one 8D Which is why I'm suggesting 'Sparky' as a name ;D

8IIIIIIII

I'm angry. 8I

Anyways, before we begin, I have to announce that I maaaay have goofed a little in the last update. That is to say, I accidentally obtained two Pokemon in Oceanview. Looking over the update last time, I didn't realise it, but the Power Plant doesn't officially count as its own location. Because of that, both Ol'Reliabl and Staple have "Oceanview Town" as their origin, and.... we can't have that. ;;

Since Staple was the latter to be caught, that means Staple's gonna have to go. Sorry Staple;;

Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! Pokem183

Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! Pokem184

Alright.
I quit.
Whip~
Whip~

Back to top Go down

Post by spark tb Mon Feb 29, 2016 10:57 am

I... oh.

oh

Well shit, what are you gonna do now? D:
spark tb
spark tb
Expert Member
Expert Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Dregan Mon Feb 29, 2016 6:17 pm

Dammit Whip, we told you to save state.
THIS ISN'T A SAVE STATE WHIP. D;
Dregan
Dregan
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Whip~ Mon Feb 29, 2016 8:01 pm

spark wrote:I... oh.

oh

Well shit, what are you gonna do now? D:

Weeell....

I'll just start again. =3
But this time, I think I'll start it up a little differently~! =3
To anyone who's following this, how many of you would be interested in watching me catch this up in a stream? =D
This Wednesday, I think I'll go ahead and throw up a stream where I try to catch up the Nuzlocke~! =3
I'm thinking I'll do it arooound 2 P.M, Pacific Time for US and Canada, and I'll run it until we finally catch up to where we were before(even if that means we probably won't be getting another shiny Shroomish. ;v; )

Drekanical~ wrote:Dammit Whip, we told you to save state.
THIS ISN'T A SAVE STATE WHIP. D;

And yeah, this is how I'll be circumventing the whole, corrupted, save, thing. >v>;
From now on, I'll be using Save States in addition to actually saving. That should take care of it for me, I think. =3
But yeah~! So let me know how many of you would be willing to poke in around that time! If you can't make it by an hour or two, let me know! I'm willing to try and bend for schedules~!

And for those of you whom simply can't make it, period, I'll still be taking captures during the stream and posting them normally afterwards(which might make the image-commentary a little wonk if I forget what some screenshots were for, but yes c: ;; ), and in addition to that, I'll post a link to the stream recording. =3

So yeah~! Despite my melodrama with that "True and Final Ending" thing, I think we'll give it another go. c:
Let me know what you think~! ^v^
Whip~
Whip~

Back to top Go down

Post by Whip~ Wed Mar 02, 2016 8:09 am

Second signal~! In 14 hours from this post, I"ll be hosting a Livestream event during which we'll be catching up in our Stainless~! Pokemon Glazed Nuzlocke challenge~!

If you wanna poke in to see me suffer over the deaths of our friends, feel free to set the alarms and mark the calendar for it~!

The link to my channel will be located here:
http://www.livestream.com/thiefwhostreams
And I shooould be streaming for about an hour or two, possibly more but we'll see. =3

Thank you all for your attention, and I hope to see some of you there~! UVU
Whip~
Whip~

Back to top Go down

Post by Spekkal Wed Mar 02, 2016 2:00 pm

Your nuzlockes literally give me life and the air to breathe, so I'm glad you're still continuing them otherwise I'd literally die and my blood would be on your hands.
Also
HYPE FOR THE STREAM
Spekkal
Spekkal
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Whip~ Sun Mar 06, 2016 2:53 am

Okay guys.

*Clasps hands together*

Alright, hear me out.

had update images from the stream.
And I also had a recording of the stream itself to link so you could watch it.

*rubs the bridge of my nose*

Half of the screenshots are missing from my folder, and the stream ended up cutting into like twenty parts with the first ten minutes missing.
S. O.
I'm gonna... pull from memory, aided by the screenshots I still have and a few new ones, and try to gather the gist of what went on as we started back up from the beginning during the Stream. 
Mind you, as I found out in post, the stream had a horrible sound issue in which the in-game sound wasn't being internally recorded, which NOBODY IN THE CHAT *GLARES AT ALL OF YOU* mentioned to me.
Probably out of kindness, so I should be thanking you guys for being super cool, but in the future if something like that's awry, please let me know. ;v;

*ahem*

What I'm getting at is that if you didn't make it, you didn't miss much. >v>;

So, the game began pretty much as it did before. Literally word for word up until the choice for our first friend.
The Stream decided to go with a Shinx, which we then nicknamed Edge.
I'll pull up his current stat page and junk at the end with the rest of the team.

Either way, it again, followed the same exact route as last time. We fought the wild Pikachu, Parents gave us our junk, fought(and destroyed) Percy and his Cyndiquil, and made it to Chocco Town.
The Inventor gave us the Pokedex, and our first Pokeballs, and from there, we caught our first friend on Forest Pass(the first route), a Sentret named Avery.
From there, we entered Milkshake Swamp as usual, with the Team Fusion shenanigans going on, and then caught our second friend, a Tangla named Rem(unrelated to the new member of the forum *waves at Rem*).
Whom I boxed because Tangla aren't great; though I do have it from Spek via the Stream that Tangla can actually evolve in this romhack, so perhaps he will be of use when we find a way to evolve him. =3
Almost immediately after we caught Rem, however, something glorious happened, in that we ran into a Shroomish.
An orange shroomish.
That sparkled.

During the stream, I immediately stopped and opened up every option menu the emulator has to offer to show the stream that I was not cheating, I didn't use any codes or hacks or anything.
I took screenshots as well, but they were predictably missing along with the rest of these. -v-;

We named that Shroomish Acorn, since it was clear that she was following us through dimensions. cx

After that, we slipped into the new dimension again, beat up the mudkip, came back, fought the Pupitar-jerkoff(though we level-grinded enough that Edge knocked it out with ease; I went back and grinded off of that trainer multiple times just because it felt so good), and entered Oceanview City(and the park, which for some reason counts as a seperate route, despite the powerplant still being considered the same region).
Speaking of, in the Power Plant, we caught a Magnemite, which we named Miracles(after all, how do they work? Shoutout to Dregan *wink*), beat up the Pikachu who holds a grudge against us for... some reason, and then the Gym Leader, Sparky, told us to meet him in the gym for a battle.
So we entered the gym, which ended up being a workhouse for mechanics, with in-repair cars littering the place, and all the trainers being hilariously titled "Greasemonkies". 
Also, Avery and Edge both evolved at some point during the underling battles with the greasemonkies. I have Avery's evolution screenshotted, because of course those were the only parts of the first three-quarters of my shots that were saved.

Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! Pokem185

Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! Pokem186

Glad you thought that was more important than CATCHING A SECOND SHINY SHROOMISH GAME. *grumble grumble*

But yeah. After all that, and much, much fast-forwarded training, we took on the Gym Leader, Sparky.

Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! Pokem187

And then I got T-K-O'd.
And I was ready to call the Stream and just try again on my own time.

Buuut, the stream was kind enough to allow me a mulligan; The Gym Leader had a completely custom moveset for every Pokemon, and that Luxio in particular had the moves Iron Tail and Superpower, not to mention the monster that was his Jolteon's fighting-type Hidden Power.

So they let me try again from just before the Gym Battle, which I was very obliged to.
After spending another good 20 minutes fast-forward-training, we went in again, for one final, serious confrontation with Sparky.

Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! Pokem189

Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! Pokem190
Ugghghghhhhhhh.... Just... get on with this Sparky. 8I

Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! Pokem191

Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! Pokem188
(but this time only Miracles died. Which is really saddening, but compared to another Party Wipe, it's something I can swallow.)

R. I. P: Miracles. LV: "Like 10" - 15

Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! Pokem192
I'm going to gut you Sparky just give me the badge. 8I

And yes, so he gives us the JOLT BADGE, our very first in the Tunod Region~!
In addition to that, he gives us TM 24, Thunderbolt, which he never used once in his entire battle. At all. 
In fact, if I recall correctly, the only Pokemon who used an electric attack at all was his Mareep, which used thunder wave.
Great Electric-type gym there, Sparky. 8I

But he's still better than Koga. *slapped*

And yes! With that, our journey, and the stream, ended. Four hours later, and a new team of bright, cheery friends, we beat the gym and settled into the Pokemon Center~!
And that's where I'll wrap this one up. I'll quickly follow this with a second update, so no worries about the length this time, but for now, let's cut off with stat-shots of our current, new(and one old) friends in this new, hopefully permanent this time, attempt~! =3

Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! Pokem193
Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! Pokem194

Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! Pokem195
Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! Pokem196

Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! Pokem197
Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! Pokem198

The Team So Far~!

Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! 404-- Edge, Level 22.
Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! 162-- Avery, Level 16
*Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! 285*-- Acorn, Level 15
--
--
--

Deceased~
Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! 081-- Miracles, Levels "Like 10" - 15.

Anyways guys, I'm off to go do the next installment now! Usually takes a few hours, so you guys might see this before I can make that one. XD
Nonetheless, I know this playthrough hasn't exactly been Stainless(badum-tshh), but I'm hoping that you're all finding some kind of enjoyment out of it anyways. =3
Either way, Thanks for popping in, and I'll be back with less deaths than the leading brand~! =D
Whip~
Whip~

Back to top Go down

Post by Dregan Sun Mar 06, 2016 11:09 am

Whip~ wrote:Mind you, as I found out in post, the stream had a horrible sound issue in which the in-game sound wasn't being internally recorded, which NOBODY IN THE CHAT *GLARES AT ALL OF YOU* mentioned to me.

Wait, wait, what? But when we were in the stream we could hear it ourselves - I believe Spekkal even commented on the music at some point due to the fact she said normally she plays with said music off. D:
Maybe Livestream for whatever reason, despite streaming the output noise, only actually recorded the input?
Dregan
Dregan
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Spekkal Sun Mar 06, 2016 11:15 am

Dregan wrote:
Whip~ wrote:Mind you, as I found out in post, the stream had a horrible sound issue in which the in-game sound wasn't being internally recorded, which NOBODY IN THE CHAT *GLARES AT ALL OF YOU* mentioned to me.
Wait, wait, what? But when we were in the stream we could hear it ourselves - I believe Spekkal even commented on the music at some point due to the fact she said normally she plays with said music off. D:
Maybe Livestream for whatever reason, despite streaming the output noise, only actually recorded the input?
This is truth! We could hear the music! And yeah, I play with it off, so that stream was the first time I've really heard it! Maybe Livestream was just being a butt.

And wow. Whip. You're such a cheater. Cheating a shiny. The same shiny you got before. Like. Wow. Whip. How dare you cheat.
That's like, totally against the rules. The rules where you don't cheat. Gaawwd.
( ilu don't stab me pls ;-; )
Spekkal
Spekkal
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by spark tb Sun Mar 06, 2016 3:04 pm

Keep in mind, you were streaming on a day where the livestream site was already being a butt. Chances are it just messed up somewhere down the line, with the constant flickering and dying... because trust me, at time of streaming, it was crystal clear~!

Also yes good, Acorn liiiiiiiives. ALL PRAISE ACORN, OUR GLORIOUS LEADER.

Also I am very dissapointed I missed the second Sparky fight, but I am very glad to hear that only one pokemon died this time 8D
spark tb
spark tb
Expert Member
Expert Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Whip~ Sun Mar 06, 2016 11:02 pm

Allllright! Let's do this thing~! =D

Only...
Now, without saving, I can't show my save file being selected.
That's kind of sad.
But we'll live on. =)

Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! Pokem199

Alright! So, with the gym defeated and our newly loved-and-lost friend Miracles set to rest after his departure, it's time to mosey on our merry ways. =3
Except I have no idea where to go from here. The routes, as you saw previously, are all dead-ended into the ocean for which Oceanview cleverly derives its name, and both Chocco Town and our home town had nowhere in particular to travel.

I suppose there's always that ferry though! The one with the 500 poke tickets~!

(Before we do that, though, interesting side note:
Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! Pokem200
THE BADGE IS THE JOLTEON'S HEAD AHUOHSDFUGH CCCX )

But yes, let's go see about getting a ride on that Ferry, shall we~? =3

Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! Pokem201
Yes please~

Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! Pokem202

oH FRICK

That's right. I spent all my money restocking potions before we started today. XD
Well... thank goodness there's something else we can do to raise money for this ticket. C:

Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! Pokem203
You bet your soon-to-be sore rear-end I do.

Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! Pokem204

Oooo... it was... =w= (Repeat this x10)

Until finally...

Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! Pokem205
I see that character limit came to bite you when it came time for cuts, huh? >v>;

So, with that ticket in hand, let's set sail~! =D

Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! Pokem207
Your accent pleases me sir.

Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! Pokem208

Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! Pokem209

Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! Pokem210

And we're just here~! Welcome to Serenity Isle~!
I always missed the ship-dungeons that games like R/B/Y had. I always wanted there to be a ship that would travel to the next city whilst you goofed off inside of it~!
But fair enough. For a mod, this was wonderful. At least the ship didn't sail sideways. 8I

So! New Town, new montage~! Let's get this going~! =D

Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! Pokem211
Oup! Not so fast!

Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! Pokem212

Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! Pokem213

It is pretty nice around here, albeit maybe too many fishermen for my tastes.

Willow chimes us up asking for us to come to him immediately. He's got a package for us to deliver, and wants us to bounce back home immediately. Willow continues, saying that there should be a bridge, Serenity Bridge, that we can take to get there quicker!
That's a nice little shortcut! I approve of it! Especially early-game, when I don't have surf yet! XD
So, I'm on it. Buuut first, ACTUAL City montage~! =D

Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! Pokem214
Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! Pokem215
THIS TOWN SOUNDS SO AMAZING~! OWO

Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! Pokem216

Alright. It's official. We need to head to Seaspray Town next.

Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! Pokem217

Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! Pokem218

Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! Pokem219

Gee. That. Sure doesn't. Sound like a trap. At all. 8I

Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! Pokem220

Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! Pokem221

I'm enamoured by the thought of a Shinx shaking its fur in the sunlight of a beach. CX

Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! Pokem222

Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! Pokem223

Oooo.... a Lighthouse Challenge? I'll want to know more about that...

Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! Pokem224

Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! Pokem225

THIS girl gets it. c:

Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! Pokem226

Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! Pokem227

Sooo.... ground-type, I'd assume? Or Rock. Either way, it seems like this will be Acorn's turn to shine. Buuuuuut I'm going to wait before challenging the Gym just yet.

Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! Pokem228

THIS GIRL GETS IT. 

Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! Pokem229

I cANNOT WAIT. For this sign to become ironic. c:

Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! Pokem230

This is so sketchy I swear I saw this on Deviantart. 8I

Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! Pokem231

I love this little kid running around her poor tired mum in circles. XD

Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! Pokem232

I LOVE THIS KID. THIS KID IS IN EVERY GAME AND I LOVE HIM I'M GLAD HE'S HERE. XD

Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! Pokem233

Oooo, this is the Lighthouse we heard about before...

Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! Pokem234

(Side note: I can stand on the sign. Alright.)

Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! Pokem235

And now we come at a crossroads! It seems like there are three options here. I can either fight the Gym, check out the "Fusion Resort"(which almost definitely will have lots of Team Fusion reveals and battles), or take the Lighthouse Challenge.
I was mulling over whether to take care of this or Fusion Resort first, but then they chimed in with this tidbit;

Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! Pokem236
I'm sold.

So, we're doing the Lighthouse Challenge to capture a new friend. Let's do it. c:

Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! Pokem237

So, the Lighthouse Challenge, from the description given to me by the men outside, is basically a sort of gaunlet. You challenge a bunch of trainers in a row, and if you win, you get the prize of a new Pokemon~!
My headcanon on this is that the Pokemon is looking for a worthy partner, but I guess we'll see about that soon enough, huh? c:

So upon fighting the first challenger(That rotund fellow you see in the picture), it occurs to me that this might not be so easy. He had two level 20 Pikachus, which was kind of intimidating despite my level advantage.
Thankfully though, I"m free to leave the challenge at any time, though I have to retry against previous trainers in any event. This is an interesting opportunity to level-grind, and one that I fully intend to take advantage of. c:

Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! Pokem238

And then this happened.
I.
Wh.
WhAT.
SO SCRAPING BY TOOTH AND NAIL, WE BEAT THE NIDOQUEEN--

Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! Pokem239
*SOBBING*

Stainless~! Whip's Not-So-Nuzlocke of Pokemon Glazed~! Pokem240

Alright yeah. I'm pretty much done here. I've taken too many mulligans and tried way too many times at a game I'm clearly not competent enough to play.

I'm sorry to everyone. This was fun, but I'm simply not talented enough at these games to be able to do this. Every time I think things are okay and I'm safe to proceed, another something keeps knocking me down.
So I'm finished here. Nuzlocke challenges just aren't for me. I wish it weren't the case, but it is. And I'm not going to keep starting from the beginning or taking cheap ways out just to struggle through the game in an unsatisfying manner.

So... I'm sorry to everyone. But the Purity run ends here, at this old man who happened to have two hilariously overpowered Pokemon stomping out the life of a ten-year-old girl and also a twenty-year-old man controlling her.
This... is a really great romhack, and it's super fun, and pretty, but don't suck, because it'll destroy you.
That's... that'll be it then. Thanks to everyone for popping in, and I'm sorry once again for cutting off on such a sour note. ;;

Goodbye, everyone. Thanks for following this for as long as you did;;
Whip~
Whip~

Back to top Go down

Post by Spekkal Sun Mar 06, 2016 11:16 pm

wh
WHIP NO ;-;
Oh god, I was worrying over that challenge.e It's entirely optional, but it can be rather difficult. Sssshhhh- this is really annoying.
I'm sorry that that had to happen, Whip. It's really just a horrible strike of misfortune ;-;

I honestly would want to see more. Maybe not a nuzlocke, but of you going through the game and recording what you find, and how you react to things. Your commentary is great, and I know you say that no nuzlockes might be boring, but I don't think so and I know others would agree!
Pls continue! Not with nuzlocke rules, but I just really want to see you go through a game the way YOU play it and the way you enjoy it!
Spekkal
Spekkal
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Dregan Mon Mar 07, 2016 12:51 am

Oh, huh, Spek beat me to my comment.
Yeah, I was gonna say - Nuzlockes can be pretty soul destroying, but you have a particularly entertaining commentary style. As such, I think you'd suffice doing image-based LPs regardless of whether they're Nuzlockes or not. Like, the fact that it's a Nuzlocke has never been what's drawn me in, it's the way things are written and presented.
So yeah, I'd like to see more from you - if you'd be willing. Nuzlocke or otherwise.
Dregan
Dregan
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next