Hello user, SRN is now closed. Feel free to read anything you'd like, but you cannot post.
Thank you for being part of this community.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello user, SRN is now closed. Feel free to read anything you'd like, but you cannot post.
Thank you for being part of this community.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rising of Phoebis Discussion

+6
P-Digi
DeuxExDimensia
Froshana
spark tb
C.S.O.
Dregan
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Rising of Phoebis Discussion Empty Rising of Phoebis Discussion

Post by Dregan Fri Feb 26, 2016 10:09 pm

Phoebis wrote:Something is stirring beneath the ocean. Not a living creature... but a machine. Ancient clockwork and steam... rising to the surface...

Rising of Phoebis Discussion Water+Temple_LA_Small

A little way off the coast of a city by the name of Trinus (or, the off the West Coast, if you'd prefer) a great ruin has rose from the Ocean, seemingly completely unprompted. Those who have seen it describe it as something between an ancient city and a great temple - cluttered with buildings which layer up and up to the centre, many roofs and areas interconnected giving it an almost labyrinthian impression. Whilst various helicopters and fly-overs have declared no sign of life in the bizarre structure, it's presence has caused a number of curiosities and concerns;
All scanning and navigational equipment appears to fail in range of the artificial island leaving it's innards a mystery to all. Whether or not this is due to some form of electro-magnetic field around the area is uknown. Still, the mysteries are now driving people to the now-dubbed 'Phoebis' in minor droves - whether curious about what could possibly inhabit the city's innards... or concerned about the great cannon-like instrument extending from the island, it's gaze resting tentatively on the shoreline...

Aaand there's your li'l synopsis! Looking to make this a Closed RP, preferably no more than 6 people, as I think above that number things could tend to get a liii'l chaotic. Ideally, looking for people heading on over to investigate the island - whether they be naturally curious folk, some looking for adventure, or people concerned about the potential threat this artificial island could provide. Hell, maybe there's even some people who are looking at the ruddy great cannon-like thing and thinking they could potentially convert the island to a weapon for their own uses. Whatever really, as long as you can provide a reason for your peeps to wind up there, that's all good to me!
I'll personally be using a couple of military personelle from Trinus. Won't go too in-depth on them for now, but just thought I'd say to give an idea of who'll already be involved.

Not gonna be super-strict on who can/can't join. I will say however, I would prefer mostly original characters in this (as opposed to, y'know, Sonic, Tails, Robotnik, etc.), and for people willing to go... at least a little bit into detail. Not hugely, not demanding swathes of text, just want to avoid a lot of constant one-liners. Still, as I say, those are just preferences, not gonna be super strict about it.
So! Who's interested?

Last edited by Dregan on Wed Mar 02, 2016 11:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Dregan
Dregan
Hero
Hero

http://barred.smackjeeves.com/

Back to top Go down

Rising of Phoebis Discussion Empty Re: Rising of Phoebis Discussion

Post by C.S.O. Fri Feb 26, 2016 11:22 pm

*Raises hand*

I'm interested. I'll toss Wolfgang's name in for joining this. Sounds like it could be fun.

C.S.O.
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by spark tb Sat Feb 27, 2016 1:14 am

Heck yeah I'd be interested in this! I am a sucker for explorations and investigational stuff~

Soooo, let me think... I'll throw Andile at this, I think. Exploration, chance for scientific discovery, mystery? You probably couldn't have built a better ferret trap if you tried.
spark tb
spark tb
Expert Member
Expert Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Froshana Sat Feb 27, 2016 2:16 am

Awww yeah, bring it on!
Impulse says to catapult Reena up into this, but my love of reptiles wins out. Looks like Tangerine's gonna see the ocean for the first time, fufufu.

On an additional note, will characters need to find their own way over there?
Froshana
Froshana
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by DeuxExDimensia Sat Feb 27, 2016 3:35 am

Sounds real cool, I'd like to be apart of this too! I think I'll use Volt.
DeuxExDimensia
DeuxExDimensia
Master Member
Master Member

Back to top Go down

Post by P-Digi Sat Feb 27, 2016 3:53 am

I'm interested in this as well 
I'll throw my lil' Scientist Lerna in there for some fun
P-Digi
P-Digi

Back to top Go down

Post by Dregan Sat Feb 27, 2016 11:03 pm

Wwwow, this took up speed/attention faster than I expected! I'll try and get a starter posted up tomorrow or Monday with a posting order and such, get things rolling into motion.

In response to Froshana's question, aye, I imagine most characters would be having to make their own way onto the island - obviously some of them can sorta come in in groups if you wish, however they arrange to get there. I'll be opening up on a small flat area up the steps from a lower flat area which seems suited to the purposes of a makeshift miniature dock. So you'll be able to bring characters up the steps with specifying precisely how they arrived if you want to skip over it, or if you want to be precise, it gives a chance for people to come in on boats or jetskis or whatever.
Dregan
Dregan
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Whip~ Sun Feb 28, 2016 2:35 am

Is there any room left for a treasure-hungry rabbit looking for ancient prizes inside? owo
Whip~
Whip~

Back to top Go down

Post by Dregan Mon Feb 29, 2016 12:18 am

We're teeechnically at 6 already... Still, this proved to get a lot more interest/attention than I'd initially anticipated, so I can probably stretch to 1 or 2 more if there are people who are really wanting in. Maybe split it into two groups in different areas on the island if neccesary, though I imagine that shouldn't have to be a thing I have to do, unless suddenly loads hop in now like 'Extra slot plox'.
Dregan
Dregan
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Whip~ Mon Feb 29, 2016 12:48 am

Oh! Whoops! I miscounted initially, Sorry! >V>;;
Nah, it's fine~! I'll catch another one next time. Thank you though~! =3
Whip~
Whip~

Back to top Go down

Post by Dregan Mon Feb 29, 2016 1:05 am

Iiif you're sure Whip? It'd be a shame, was hoping to see you in the RPs some more.
Dregan
Dregan
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Crystallized0Rose Mon Feb 29, 2016 3:32 am

Oooh, this sounds fun.

I'd love to toss in either Coco or Mimi (I am working on their bios as I post this).  Probably Coco would fit better, she's a traveller/wanderer by nature and explorer by hobby.  

If you'd be willing to take a chance on a complete stranger, I'd happily oblige.  ^-^'  But it's completely understandable if you decline (it's also totally possible I missed something in the rules about posting characters first, in which case, oops).
Crystallized0Rose
Crystallized0Rose
Newbie Member
Newbie Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Thunder Mon Feb 29, 2016 3:54 am

Well i think im too late, im fine if i cannot join but this sounds amazing, and steampunky and i really like steampunk. So if you are allowing just one more member to join that would be great but if not i understand. Too many people in a rp cause chaos.
Thunder
Thunder
Master Member
Master Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Whip~ Mon Feb 29, 2016 8:01 am

Dregan wrote:Iiif you're sure Whip? It'd be a shame, was hoping to see you in the RPs some more.

I'll definitely join in an RP~ I've got a bit of a mood for it, so maybe I'll catch you in another one. =3

But yeah, you've got quite the pecking list here. I'll let you breathe for now with this one. XD
Whip~
Whip~

Back to top Go down

Post by Dregan Mon Feb 29, 2016 6:28 pm

Oh lord, we have quite the interest here. Like, 8.5 people interested. And the .5 like, came in before 2 others, and was the reason for potential extension, and then backed out, and hbuyvjhbfe.

SO! The way I'mma handle this? For now, gonna start off with the original 6;
Dregan, C.S.O, Spark, Froshana, Deux and P-Digi.
A lot of the time unfortunately, in big RPs like this, people sometimes tend to lose interest or drop out. Due to the nature of the set-up however, it'd be quite easy to drop new people in. As such, if anyone does decide they want out, I'll note whoever's next in line who was interested to see if they want dragging in. So, waiting list consists of;
Whip, Rose and Thunder.

That sound fair to everyone?
Dregan
Dregan
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Thunder Mon Feb 29, 2016 7:42 pm

Yeah sounds fair to me.
Thunder
Thunder
Master Member
Master Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Whip~ Mon Feb 29, 2016 7:50 pm

I'm diggity down for it~ =3
Whip~
Whip~

Back to top Go down

Post by Crystallized0Rose Mon Feb 29, 2016 7:51 pm

Aye.  Seems like everyone is in agreement!
Crystallized0Rose
Crystallized0Rose
Newbie Member
Newbie Member

Back to top Go down

Post by ZephyrRapierre Tue Mar 01, 2016 3:49 pm

Wow, I feel like many were waiting for this chance. Right now, I'm late beyond it's own term, but with the waiting list there... It's so tempting...

Could you add me to the waiting list? Please? The character could be either a mercenary spy (Exerion) or a traveler interested in the place's history (Zephyr), depending of what would be best to keep things interesting.

But don't worry, if you think there are too many for one plot, or for the waiting line, I can go back to sleep.
ZephyrRapierre
ZephyrRapierre

Back to top Go down

Post by Dregan Tue Mar 01, 2016 5:44 pm

To be fair, I don't think the 'waiting list' can get too big - you just have the be aware that there's the general possibility you may never come off that list. It's more a 'reserve list' than anything else for if people do drop out. So yeah, no worries, I can add you to the list, just realise there's no guarantee that space will open up to ever take you off it and into the RP. XP
Dregan
Dregan
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by ZephyrRapierre Tue Mar 01, 2016 11:51 pm

No worries. It's just in case the opportunity does show up. If it doesn't, it means the plot wasn't forgotten,thus it keeps going on. A win either way.
ZephyrRapierre
ZephyrRapierre

Back to top Go down

Post by Dregan Sun Mar 06, 2016 2:30 pm

Well, we have a discussion thread, so may as well use it for discussion. Primarily, just want to check something up, since I got a wee bit lost/confused from the most recent post. Partially this may've been a result of my own ineptitude at explaining things, we'll see. Either way, just want to check stuff up before I make my next post.

So yeah, here be the most exciting part of any RPs, diagrams. Primarily, this is sorta how I imagined the little start area when describing it, at least in vague form;
Rising of Phoebis Discussion Hz32SHO
Now, I admit I may not've explained it all that well, though I hope I at least gave the idea of something along these lines. This isn't exactly a strict diagram, just a sorta vague-ish one to give the general impression.

My question is, did Lerna start in a seperate location to everyone else? Because, well, if I'm keeping track correctly - and people feel free to jump in if I'm not - so far people have moved sorta vaguely like this;
Rising of Phoebis Discussion YVFbU9v
Wolf went up top, Volt's on his way up, and Tan and Andile are both still down at the dock.

However when Lerna arrived he sorta... arrived at the dock, went up the steps, wandered around a bit scanning, went back down the steps, and then... went into a building?
Rising of Phoebis Discussion JDAG4q3
Once again, I may've misinterpreted things there, but that's sorta what I gathered from reading. But I wasn't sure where the building had come from, or how he'd have seen the boats not really seen anyone else.
Sooo, is he meant to've arrived somewhere else on the island? Or am I just being a dummy?
Dregan
Dregan
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by C.S.O. Sun Mar 06, 2016 6:16 pm

I think the trouble is because the picture you have posted at the beginning of this discussion topic is being used as the reference image for the actual rp, rather than the description you have included in the actual rp, in the post we are discussing.

There is a reference to a waterfall, a stone walkway with puddles of water in its cracks, a building/city in the immediate vicinity all within the post we're looking at. All of those features are in the picture here. So, I think that's where the disconnect is. The features just don't fit the setting you've outlined in the rp, but they are appropriate for the image.

I can only assume Lerna is somewhere else on the island. Especially since there are no other characters nearby, as stated in their post, and the four characters by the dock are all standing out in the open.

C.S.O.
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by P-Digi Sun Mar 06, 2016 7:14 pm

I can rewrite if you want it was late where I live so it probably didn't make any sense 
Sorry
Though yea I just assumed that everyone else was inside about time he was coming to the city and where he docked it was kind of far from the others, like this person above me and everything else
the part where he was scanning then went the step then finally going into the building(?) or opening of the city or whatever 
It was more a first thing came to mind when he finally realized that their where other ships when he got up there on the higher ground, I'm assuming how the picture and the description you put out in my mind???
Or I probably just can't read cause I'm retarded and my brain goes out the window and to the universe at night lol
P-Digi
P-Digi

Back to top Go down

Post by Dregan Mon Mar 07, 2016 1:24 am

Aaah right, my apologies. I intended that image to give a sorta general impression of how the place looks as a whole aesthetically - or at least, close to that. That may very well be a sort of part of the city, but not where the characters are starting out, as it were. I apologise for the confusion there.
As of current, noone is inside anywhere, it's just a sorta general outside area with the tents set up and such.
Dregan
Dregan
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next