Reviews About Shows and Movies

Go down

Reviews About Shows and Movies Empty Reviews About Shows and Movies

Post by Guest on Thu Feb 18, 2016 6:10 pm

Has there ever been a show that you watched that made you want to scream in aggravation?  If so than list what it is down below, I only have a few things to say before you do:

1. You must explain why that show/movie is bad, meaning you can't just put down the title of the show and just say it's horrible, you need to explain why it's like that for you.
  2. It could be any show/movie, it could be from TMC or Netflix or anything that has original shows/movies that aren't copied and pasted from other networks. (Netflix originals count as Netflix original even if it's about a character from another compony)
  3. It could be for one specific reason or multiple reasons, just as long as you explain why.
  4. You have to say the show is the worst thing in the universe but you can at least say it's bad and play off that.  EX: ___________ isn't good, but it's not bad either.
  5. You can review a show that has already been reviewed by someone else, like if someone did Clarence than you can still do Clarence, just acknowledge the fact that someone already stated their opinion before you.

This is a list of shows that I think are terrible, I won't be giving my opinion on all of them because I don't really know a lot about some of them, shows with a star next to them are considered by me to be the most despicable out of all of them, also not all of these shows are as rancid as an onion's scent but they are pretty bad:

• Chowder*
  • Uncle Grandpa*
  • The Misadventures of Flapjack*
  • Teen Titans Go*
  • The Amazing World of Gumball
  • Clarence*
  • My Gym Partner's a Monkey*
  • Problem Solverz*
  • Camp Lazlo*
  • MAD*
  • Incredible Crew*
  • Level Up
  • Sonic Boom
  • Talia in the Kitchen
  • Breadwinners*
  • Fanboy and ChumChum*
  • Planet Sheen*
  • Mr. Meaty
  • Henry Danger*
  • Pig Goat Banana Cricket*
  • FRED the Show
  • Awesomeness TV
  • Supah Ninjas*
  • Power Rangers, the whole show, as in every single series*
  • Every Witch Way*
  • The Thundermans*
  • Big Time Rush*
  • The Legend of Korra
  • Sanjay and Craig*
  • Bella and the Bulldogs
  • Rabbids Invasion*
  • Nicky, Ricky, Dicky & Dawn*
  • So Random
  • JESSIE
  • Wander Over Yonder*
  • 7D*
  • Fish Hooks*
  • Pickle and Peanut*
  • Prank Stars
  • Girl Meets World*
  • Austin & Ally*
  • Phineas & Ferb*
  • Dog With a Blog*
  • The Emperor's New School*
  • A.N.T. Farm*
  • K.C. Undercover*
  • The Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog
  • Sonic Underground

The shows in this list aren't necessarily terrible, but they have elements to them that make me scream in frustration.

Now you tell me what shows you know of or have seen that you don't like, or don't it's perfectly fine, I just thought it would be interesting to see what you all think about TV nowadays, also I don't really have a movie that I hate but if any of you do than again reply or don't reply.

Last edited by Ricker on Sun Feb 21, 2016 1:58 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Arguments)

Back to top Go down

Reviews About Shows and Movies Empty Re: Reviews About Shows and Movies

Post by Knuxtiger4 on Thu Feb 18, 2016 7:58 pm

So you make a thread with a bunch of rules on why you must explain your opinion on why you dislike/hate a show or movie... and yet you just broke your own rule by not giving your opinions on why you hate those on the list. LOL  Also you said you don't know a lot of them so... why dislike them in the first place?  I can tell you I know a lot of people that 'hated' a show and when they finally did watch it, they really enjoyed it a lot.

Actually don't understand why you dislike a lot of these shows since some of them are amazing when they were on air.  Want to here the kicker of all this?  A lot of these cartoons on the list were created by people who works on very popular shows from the 90s!  Maybe were storyboarders and other positions that would later on move on to make their own shows!

• Chowder- Me and my brother loved this show a lot since it had a lot of good gags and puns that were great.  So much so I believe we still quote quite  few lines from the show.  Actually kinda sad how the people working on the show had to end the series very suddenly after CN cancelled it and thus why the very last few episodes fell kinda flat.  Believe C.H. Greenblatt went on to make cartoons like Fish Hooks and Harvey Beaks.

• The Misadventures of Flapjack- Gosh this one was a favorite of mine.  This show had such a cool style but was known to do gortesque scenes and these really nightmare fuel parts of the episodes that just were amazing.  The finale for this show was also great and felt like they ended it well.  Thurop Van Orman ended up doing some work on Adventure Time and current does work on Sanjay and Craig.

• The Amazing World of Gumball- One of a few recent shows that I do time to time catch episodes when they are on.  I actually find this show to be really funny myself?  I know me and my brother quote a lot of the earlier episodes including the famous "HE'S GOT A SPOON" joke.  Actually read that this show was created by Ben Bocquelet who is from the UK which there not a lot of shows that come out of there?  He had his team all pitch a bunch of ideas for a show and instead of picking one, he threw them all into this show and that what I think makes it so cool.  You have a lot of characters that are drawn/animated differently that I find very appealing.  I don't actively watch it like other but when its on, I do enjoy it.

• Camp Lazlo- I loved this show growing up!  We actually got into it after we discovered that the creator of this show was none other than Joe Murray who was known for Rocko's Modern Life which was a huge hit in the early 90s. The show did have a lot of good humor and also one I used to quote a lot back then.   Its actually a really good show in my personal opinion.

• Sonic Boom- I can't speak much for this one since I've only seen a few episodes.  I can say Uncanny-Illustrator can give you an essay on why this show is really good.  Apparently the writers are super witty on this show and has great humor.  Believe that's why it got picked up for another season if I'm correct.

• Wander of Yonder- I haven't watched too many episodes of this show but from hearing from others that its really adorable.  I can say that the creator of this show is Craig McCracken who has worked on many early 90s Cartoon Network shows and is the creator of both Powerpuff Girls and Foster's House for Imaginary Friends which were both successful shows when they were airing.  I actually just read that Wander of Yonder that him and his wife Lauren Faust  (known for her work on MLP:FiM) work on it together.

• Phineas and Ferb- Actually was able to watch a lot of this show when it was on.  Really breathed life in Disney Channel where at the time was 90% live-action shows and rarely cartoons that aired were successful.  The jokes were great in this show and some of the things they got away with was great. It was a highly successful show and I think it helped a lot with Disney picking up other cartoons that would eventually later on become huge hits!  One of the creators, Dan Povenmire (the other was Jeff Marsh) has been involved in many shows from the past, including a lot of old 90s cartoons. 

• The Legend of Korra- This one I can kinda agree.  There was a lot of hype about this show since the lack of female leads in cartoons at the time. As it aired that it was after the end of the first Book that we saw that this show lacked a lot of the development that came with the Last Airbender.  I've read that they didn't nearly have the same large team as they did with Airbender which was why it felt... lacking in a lot of what made Airbender so successful.  It was a shame since the show had a lot more potential that what we saw.  It was okay but never will live up to its predecessor.

Lastly add my grouchy opinion on Titan Titans Go! that CN needs to stop shoveling that show on every dang time slot here because they can be using that for their clearly better shows that more people would love to see re-runs for (TAWoG, Steven Universe, Adventure Time, Regular Show, etc.)  Also just makes me cry a lot since I watch the original Teen Titans and to see what the characters are now make me dead on the inside.

Expert Member
Expert Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Feb 18, 2016 10:08 pm

I understand where you're coming from Knux, I really like these shows as a kid as well, but looking back at them now with criticism that we didn't have as a kid...holy crap...any way YES Chowder, Flapjack, and all those other classics were good but that's because we didn't see any of the flaws any of them had, you know what, that's it, I'm going to tell you all why Power Rangers is so bad and needs to STOP.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri Feb 19, 2016 2:12 am

Ricker wrote:

• Power Rangers, the whole show, as in every single series*

*Twitches* I...oh, OOOOOH I'm gonna get mad. 

I don't have anything to hate on right now but...OOOOOOH I'M MAAAAAAAAAAAAAD.

Back to top Go down

Post by spark tb on Fri Feb 19, 2016 12:23 pm

Ricker wrote: I'm going to tell you all why Power Rangers is so bad and needs to STOP.

...annnd that isss.....?

Also, as someone who doesn't really watch a lot of films/television, so this one is... kinda hard for me to answer? But since we CAN include films, there is one I can say, hand on heart, is the most disasterous thing I've ever had the pleasure to watch

Super mario brothers - the film.
I think we've allll heard of this calamity, right? So chances are, I don't need to actually explain why its bad? But I'm gonna do so anyway.
1) The acting. Several of the actors readily admited to not taking the film seriously [there we even reports of some of them having to be drunk to consider filming], but it just... it shows. The story itself [which I will get onto in a moment] is delivered in such an underwhelming way, the characters are somehow not particularily memorable? Its just... its a bad time.
2) The story. The story itself is just.. eeeeh? In brief summary [from what I watched] - Two plumbers, Mario Mario and Luigi Mario, are contesting eachother for the love of local archeologist Peach. An.. interdimensional portal or something? Opens, and Peach is kidnapped by smooth looking mobster bowser. Theres something about him wanting to turn people into dinosaurs, so I guess that explains why he kidnapped an arhceologist... speaking of which, I think he gets turned into a dinosaur like, halfway through the film? It's implied he gets knocked into his own machine, and none of his employee's want to help.
I can't... actually say anymore about the story than that, because I stopped watching halfway through. Apparently this film is so bad, a brand new DVD [like, out of a cellotaped shop brought case and everything] had some weird damage that inverted the films colours halfway through. Heck, for all I know this might have been a feature for they point they were at!

Its just.. its just bad ok. Its not even so-bad-its-good bad.

Expert Member
Expert Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Spekkal on Fri Feb 19, 2016 1:23 pm

1. You must explain why that show/movie is bad, meaning you can't just put down the title of the show and just say it's horrible, you need to explain why it's like that for you.

But... you didn't. At all. In fact you haven't even seen some that you posted on your list, as Knux has kindly pointed out. So I mean, if you're going to set rules, uh, you should probably set an example for others by following them yourself?
But pah, getting off topic. LET ME BRING UP A GODAWFUL SHOW.

Reviews About Shows and Movies 1016493-teletoon-premiere-day-my-butt-went-psycho-june-12
Yes, this a real goddamned kids show on goddamned Netflix.

Like, okay, I tried it because the title was 'what' and I wanted to give it a shot because I thought I could laugh at the awful and make really bad jokes to others about it. I mean, look at it! I was curious, and wanted to see how bad it would be!
But you know a show's so bad that you can't even make fun of it because it's such a mess, and it's so.. draining to watch.
Apparently the story is that butts took over the world and detached from humans and there was a war?? But the dude still has a butt even though his butt is the main character???
It's genuinely awful, has incredibly low reviews (hence why I was curious) and is so horribly draining that I could barely muster through the first episode.
THE WORST PART IS
IT'S STILL BEING RECOMMENDED TO ME ON MY NETFLIX ACCOUNT
I REGRET MY CURIOUSITY SO MUCH

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri Feb 19, 2016 2:29 pm

Power Rangers is a show that has been entertaining children and I think adults since 1998, and I can definitely see why, it's got a lot of action and characters that people seem to enjoy, but when a show keeps going from 1998 to 2015, you get kinda sick of it.

I mean yes the show is likeable, but each series about the power rangers is just the same thing every episode, which is understandable but my god Phineas and Ferb changed it up once in a while before going back to the same 'plot' every single episode!  If you don't know about it let me explain the 'plot' of every single Power Rangers TV show to date:

Plot: An alien race wants to destroy/take over earth and the 5 power rangers have to stop them because they are the descendants of 5 ancient Power rangers.

With a plot as simple as that it's hard to argue that the show is just as simple, another thing I want to add is in most of them there's a 6th power ranger that every one loves and adores, these rangers have usually been the golden ranger but some times they're not, like the black or white ranger.  I will admit that this show is okay despite each and every single variant of the show is the exact same thing over and over again, it somehow hasn't gotten boring yet, maybe it has to do with the nonstop explosions whenever an alien dies.

That's another thing, the special effects (if you can call them that) are just so cheesy and overly used that I was BEGGING the episode to end!  Every time an enemy dies it explodes with such force that I expected the other enemies to implode around him by the shockwave it sent out, and in every episode the 'boss' transforms into a giant or something and than the Power rangers also transform into a giant or something and one hit K.O him, causing him to explode like an atom bomb, when I first saw it I thought Michal Bay was the one behind the special effects, I'm sure there's some reasoning behind why the explosions don't affect anyone else but even if it did it still wouldn't make sense.

Another thing is how fast paced it was, when the rangers start fighting they all speak over each other like it's the end of the world, and it's like this for the villains to!  Even though the show does have those slow moments that sink in with the problem at hand but those last for about 2 - 3 minutes given the runtime of the show.  It's almost as if the producers were on break and forgot to yell "cut" and the actors just improvised, which is probably what happened considering the acting is okay considering how long the show has been going on.

Each power ranger has a special ability/weapon in each variant, these weapons are sometimes different as they range from laser guns to flagpoles.  Each ranger also has a special element to go with that weapon, those elements are different from each show but sometimes they are these but the powers usually refer to the color of their armor or the name of the show, and yes these powers make sense but sometimes they don't given the standards, but these are the most common of powers they have:

Red - Fire

Blue - Water

Green - Earth

Yellow - Lighting

Pink - Wind

Other - Whatever power the producers say it is, it's all over the place lately and I can't keep up with it.

The point is...actually screw it just watch an episode of any power rangers and do a comparison between them all, I know I can't convince you all the show is bad but I can at least tell you my side of the story.  Look just watch the show, they are all literally the same thing over and over again, from time to time they change it but it's still the exact. SAME. THING!

Just watch it and sue me later Mkay? Mkay Smile

Also I don't know if this counts as double posting since people posted after me, and I didn't leave the review in my other post because I needed to get my thoughts together.  Warning or no warning I could care less, I came here because I could and I still do.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri Feb 19, 2016 3:05 pm

As someone who has sat through and watched EVERY season of Power Rangers I can say with certainty that that is not accurate at all.

Each season has a different plot and different characters.

For example, the original series consisted of an evil Empress escaping her prison, trying to take over earth and being fended off by teenagers with attitudes who are given powers based on prehistoric beasts.

Flash forward 10 years and the series is about 3 students at a ninja academy that aren't prepared or ready at all but must accept the duties of being a ranger as all the other ninjas have been captured or destroyed, while using thier ninja arts of Air, water and Earth.

Couple years later, a squad of rookie space police are in training when suddenly a bandit is captured and seen as useful, this bandit becomes the Red ranger much to jealousy of the other squad members, specifically blue, which sets up a plot between them, they must use their police weapons to capture and detain any threats to the planet.

Each season has wildly different characters from the last, and as for the villains they aren't always "aliens". We've had mutants, orgs, monsters, demons, dinosaurs, mythical creatures. Etc etc.

And the powers, they are different each season, in the original up to Lost Galaxy they didn't even have elements to control.

Also the colour coordination, they colour set up is different each time, you'll always have a Red and Blue, but sometimes we'll get green or black or won't have pink or yellow. 

The 6th ranger is a staple of the series and also creates hype and mystery, like what colour he will be? Or what his powers are?

Yes, there are seasons that absolutely suck such as Operation Overdrive, but it sucks for the reason that it's characters are unlikeable, the plot is horrible and the costumes are ugly. Not simply because it's a Power Rangers season.

*Fanboy Rant Over*

Back to top Go down

Post by kingleon on Fri Feb 19, 2016 9:57 pm

Im sorry  for doing his ricker. But im calling  you out. What punk said about  power rangers was right.

I can agree with clerance. Clreznce has a non funny  comedy. That would  only apeel to little kids. The plot  is overall stupid. Not the funny kind of stupid either. 

But not chowder the amazing world of gumball and fanboy and chum chum.
Those shows have  very good animation most of the time. Thr plot is very good for theese shows also. Chowder had that right amount of random comedy and 4th wall breaking. 

There is also alot of shows i diagree with. But ill leave it at that for now.  Also  you  could atleast tell why the films and movies are bad. Instesd of just saying  they suck. You hsve only explained for power rangers. And even then  it was proved  invalid.

"Wether you choose to accept it is your choice. But one Particular always rings true in ones life, the world is a dog eat dog situation.  Despite beliving in this 'power of friendship', You'll never get anywhere if you can't handle things by yourself"

-Fulgarias The Hedgehog
kingleon
kingleon
Expert Member
Expert Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Spekkal on Fri Feb 19, 2016 10:00 pm

I will remind everyone in this thread that this is entirely opinion-based, and nothing here is fact.
So if this does break out into arguments, I'll have to lock this thread.
Feel free to continue - I'm just warning in advance!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat Feb 20, 2016 2:50 pm

Well jeez...i didn't expect people to lose their sanity over a guy who just talked about the bad things in the power rangers series, I'm sorry to offend you people but Spekkal's right, this thread is here to share opinions on certain shows and movies, if you disagree with me than I'm sorry, it's just my opinion, if you do enjoy the show then that's great, at least you can look at a show and enjoy it same way you did the first time you saw it.  Again I apologize if I offended you, I was just stating my opinion on a show that's received high reviews due to how much kids enjoyed them.

And Spekkal, that show you talked about, I don't even need to watch it to know it's terrible, kinda like that one show that Cartoon Network made that I won't mention because it might start another fan war.

Back to top Go down

Post by Electrisa on Sat Feb 20, 2016 10:49 pm

(I hope it's okay for me to say, but I think the title of the thread "Shows and Movies that Suck" is uh, enough to start an argument on its own. Petition to change it to something like "Reviews on shows and movies" or something? You know, so it doesn't outright state that everything listed here is awful, because it's a subjective matter?)

Staff
Staff

http://electrisa.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Mar 16, 2016 10:56 pm

Atlantis 2: Milo's Return

I...I can't even begin to describe the immense HATRED this movie made me feel when I watched it.

I don't know if it's just me, but this movie might have the WORST animation that Disney has ever made by far.

The plot is...over done...and when I say that I mean every single person has used it to the point that it's old.

What's even more insulting is that the characters are...bland...

I'd love to go on but honestly, I don't think I can, this movie is on Netflix along with the first Atlantis movie, if anyone, and I mean ANYONE can write an incredible review about this than by all means, go ahead and do so, but word of advice before you watch Atlantis 2, watch Atlantis 1 first I promise you, you won't regret it.

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Guest on Thu Mar 17, 2016 1:10 pm

I haven't seen it personally, but based on what Projared said, it's a god awful show, but a piece inside me is begging to watch it, but I mutilated that part of me a while back so I won't be watching THAT cartoon anytime soon...why you ask Chutha?  You wanna share your opinion on it?  That's why this topic is here after all.

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Knuxtiger4 on Fri Mar 18, 2016 3:55 am

But consider this? This right here is a magical piece from the Donkey Kong Country show. 8D

That said I don't think I watch this one when I was younger and if I did, I don't remember much.  Actually ran two season and for a show that was made in the mid 90s where graphics like this were considered amazing and that many cheesy cartoons were around, I'd say this one isn't nearly as bad?

Expert Member
Expert Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Dione on Mon Mar 21, 2016 8:11 am

Has anyone seen Dark Shadows? Omg that movie made me cringe. Great cast, pretty good storyline but how it turned out... The acting was so bad that even the more serious parts couldn't be taken seriously. Am I the only one sharing this opinion?

Dione
Dione
Staff
Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Jun 08, 2016 8:43 pm

The Powerpuff Girls Reboot...
Do I even NEED to tell anyone about this one?

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down