Hello user, SRN is now closed. Feel free to read anything you'd like, but you cannot post.
Thank you for being part of this community.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello user, SRN is now closed. Feel free to read anything you'd like, but you cannot post.
Thank you for being part of this community.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sparks thread of art.

3 posters

Go down

Sparks thread of art. Empty Sparks thread of art.

Post by spark tb Sat Feb 06, 2016 8:57 pm

Sooo I realised I'd accumlated enough recent art to actually show it off to people.

...and by art, I mean... whaaaatever you could call this stuff but w/e, ya know? I should warn you all now, most of these will probably be face references/doodles, because I am reaaaally scared to broaden my horizens... but I'm trying, ya know?

Also I am terrible with perspective and biology and placements, so theres probably going to be a few glaring issues sorry ;u;

So, first off we have some doodles of an Elizabeth!

Sparks thread of art. QK01GPI

Sparks thread of art. CWdDng0

Personally speaking, I have to admit I adore drawing Elizabeth... I dunno why but she's just so calming for me to doodle ;u;

Anyway, next up we have Andile!

Sparks thread of art. Id0qr5z

Esme [I apologise for the terrible hands, hands are the worst I'm sorry]

Sparks thread of art. HmQRmZa

annnnd finally an Eli!

Sparks thread of art. H8DmxKX
spark tb
spark tb
Expert Member
Expert Member

Back to top Go down

Sparks thread of art. Empty Re: Sparks thread of art.

Post by Dregan Mon Feb 08, 2016 12:40 am

Oh sweet, art! You have a lot of nice work here Spark!
Though, uh, if I may suggest one thing, maybe look at bringing the shoulders in a bit? At the moment your pics have really broad shoulders, which I imagine would look fine on some characters but... well, Elizabeth looking ready to bench.
It may be less the shoulders, and more the width of the shoulders comparable to the neck, could do with a bit of balancing out.

Although, on a seperate note, Esme and Eli both look waaay different from what I imagined. XD
Dregan
Dregan
Hero
Hero

http://barred.smackjeeves.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Spekkal Mon Feb 08, 2016 1:04 pm

(Hands are satan, Spark. Don't you worry)
And Esme looks so sweet! Which is, well, definitely not what she's actually like, but looks can be deceiving!
And I demand more Elizabeth is more dresses. Yes.
Spekkal
Spekkal
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by spark tb Wed Feb 10, 2016 10:20 pm

@Dregan: Excuse you, Elizabeth could bench like twenty of you. Take up sewing you scrub gawssssh.
But yeah, I do need to work on my proportions more. As I said, I don't normally do stuff below the neck, but I'm trying to change that.

Also yeah, I'm not overly happy with the actual drawings of Eli and Esme. Its the first time I've tried to transfer them from mental images to actual images...soooo expect some changes there ;D

@Spekkal: Kill all hands.
And what do you mean, Esme is just the sweetest person who ever did live fight me.

ALSO SPEAKING OF ELIZABETH... I don't got much, but she's my go to stress relief character, which means she's got two more pictures ;D

Sparks thread of art. EGNYBGN

This was... actually my first experiment with relining. Normally, I just do my face sketches and then colour underneath it all. I still did that this time, but then I went back over it. I'm not... overly sure how I feel about it? Like I like how it looks, but it just seems weird given howlong its taken me to get this far... but hey! I'll get use to it.

Sparks thread of art. NsoLG04

Also have her in a dress as well ;D I couldn't get the dress gradiant as I'd like it, but oh well.
spark tb
spark tb
Expert Member
Expert Member

Back to top Go down

Post by spark tb Tue Feb 23, 2016 6:36 pm

aaay alright, so I've been spending the last few days doodling, trying to keep myself active between Dangan Ronpa fixes. I... actually quite like a few of the products, so I figured I'd shaaaare!

So, first off we've got a litteral doodle dump!

Sparks thread of art. McWclZf

One day I will understand how to draw your head, Spark... one day ;u;
But yeah, this sort of... kick started a lot of the stuff, mainly just random doodles of characters [including a slight revamp of an old Naga character... annnd a kind... spontaneous fairy who I actually took a liking too? Might work more on her in the future!]

Sparks thread of art. RlwzKBD

Then we have... this. I'm not... overly fond of it? Was just a quick sort of... reference/sketch of Andile, that turned into an experiment with shading. I am.. really not fond of it, nor am I fond of the line arting [in hindsight, should have used a thinner brusshhh]... but hey! Someone here will be able to give me better critique than 'bruh thats terrible' I'm sure.

Sparks thread of art. WLQxKZH

And this is... a mun sketch. I am aware of the horrible leg proportions don't worry, just sorta.. realised too late, and I'm too lazy to go back and fix it 8D Overall, I'm pretty happy with how this turned out though!

And to finish it off, I have a drawing not from this particular doodle dump! It just.. well, I am 99% certain a single, kinda small drawing wasn't a good enough reason to upload it, buuut

Sparks thread of art. ZZo61J3

Have a dancing Elizabeth! I actually really like this dress design, and might use it more in future~
spark tb
spark tb
Expert Member
Expert Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Spekkal Tue Mar 15, 2016 10:07 pm

That lil' pixie babbu is adorable! Though if you do make 'em a character, may I suggest you change the dress and socks to the same colour of blue as the hair? You don't want to have too many colours, otherwise it might look clustered!
And speaking of adorable, just look at that Elizabeth with her dancing. She looks like she's just about ready to go to a ball, if she's not there already!
Spekkal
Spekkal
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by spark tb Sat Aug 20, 2016 1:15 am

IIIII will do that, I think! I have to admit, I've been trying to work out the best way of working her into my lore and stuff, but I am determined to do so.

So anyways, like, I realised it's been like... ten billion years since I posted anything here, and I'm not overly sure why? Soooo I figured I should probably post some of the stuff I've done as of late!

Soooo let's start with a drawing I did ages ago, of a character who doesn't... actually belong to me!

Sparks thread of art. ZEwHv7i

Thiiis was a quick sort of.. sketch gift I did for Spekkal, of her character Zankh - who is a bae and I will adore her eccentric ways until the end of time - after reading her comic, Ankojin! If, for w/e reason, you haven't read it yet, I strongly advise that you do.

anyway, next up we have what was meant to be a quick reference image for Andile Alin!

Sparks thread of art. 1XARx63

Although I must confess to not being.. overly pleased with the results. I will almost certainly go back and mess with this a bit, but it will do for the time being

Sparks thread of art. ItDfEYk
Sparks thread of art. C9NrLx8

And here we have Leo the Bear - A singer with a heart and voice of golden honey, whom for some reason has the name of a wild cat and the markings of a different wild cat! - And his... ex-fiancee, Violette, a starving artist/waitress! For the record, Violette does have clothes, but this started off as simply a sketch to show off her body markings and just... evolved into a full colour sketch.

Sparks thread of art. Kv9dXTO

And now we have someone... entirely unimportant to the forum, but I adore too much to not just share her. This is Snowflake Obsidian, one of my few gemsonas, whom lives in the cold climates on the northern side of earth. She loves long walks through the snow, and avoiding contact with any living being, be it human, animal or gem.

Sparks thread of art. U4HuiRJ

And finally, we have a quick reference image of Eli's... semi-latest look! This was mainly to focus on his colour-filled arm and his weirdo eyes.
...For w/e reason, it also turned into an exercise of 'what to do for backdrops.' Typically I'd have just left it white, but because his hair and shirt is meant to be that... odd, crisp, snow white, I needed something to help it pop. Thus, the colourful backdrop ;D

Anyway, let me know what you think! I know there is much I need to improve upon and what not, so any tips or suggestions are greatly appreciated! <3
spark tb
spark tb
Expert Member
Expert Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down