Hello user, SRN is now closed. Feel free to read anything you'd like, but you cannot post.
Thank you for being part of this community.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello user, SRN is now closed. Feel free to read anything you'd like, but you cannot post.
Thank you for being part of this community.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Secret of the Cove

3 posters

Go down

Secret of the Cove Empty Secret of the Cove

Post by ShadyClash Thu Jan 28, 2016 6:28 pm

Caramel Cove was once considered the go-to place for families, couples, and those looking to break away from day-to-day stress. A very small island not too far off the mainland, it was easy to reach by ferry. With a boardwalk that included all sorts of vending stands, rides, and other shops along with beautiful creeks, delightful nature walks, and a proud lighthouse that shined strong, many had fond memories of this place.

However, when Twinkle Park was unveiled back in the mainland, business went to a crawl. Owners moved out, buildings were abandoned, the Cove was forgotten. While some residents still stay, the numbers are dwindling. People have been reported to vanish at Caramel Cove, and no leads have been found. The sense of adventure and compelling mystery have led a few to look into the secret of Caramel Cove.

-------------------------

Clash sat on the old ferry boat, trying to get comfortable on the old wooden bench. The air smelled of gas due to the ferry's old age, and the sky had a grey overcast, thick clouds keeping out the sunlight. Next to Clash was an old fashioned military bag, with a few things inside of it. The ex-soldier reached into a pocket of his jacket and produced an old postcard.

"Welcome to Caramel Cove! Where memories are made!" 

The postcard's message was in a font that looked pretty old, the picture was pretty worn, as well as the edges being crinkled. Ironically, the year on it was faded from it's age.

"Yeah, I have a feeling I'm gonna want to forget about this." Clash said to himself, putting the card back into his pocket and sighing. At least he wasn't the only one on the ferry ride to the Cove.
ShadyClash
ShadyClash
Basic Member
Basic Member

http://shadyclash.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Secret of the Cove Empty Re: Secret of the Cove

Post by SparkleSwirl Tue Feb 02, 2016 1:49 am

((Quietly crops a rude gesture out of ref pic because pg-13))
((Whistles innocently))
Secret of the Cove 2460211

Tipp sighs as he steps out to the deck of the ferry and looks out towards the cove. Had a mystery drawn him here? Somewhat. Though much more accurately, he'd been drawn here when the excessive tourism surrounding Twinkle Park had finally spread out to his home town and stayed there.

A vacation to somewhere less busy, where you can get a bite to eat without twice the wait you're used to? Yeah, that sounds good to him. That's more the reason.
Though a mystery still sounds interesting, he thinks to himself with a slight little grin.
SparkleSwirl
SparkleSwirl
Standard Member
Standard Member

http://toyhou.se/SparkleSwirl

Back to top Go down

Post by Shrike Marine Wed Feb 03, 2016 7:10 pm

- There was no need for the infamous Renegade to use the ferry , hell he was on the island already, but it seemed like his peace and quiet was about to be shattered by the on coming arrival of this Ferry, Shrike rubbed the back of his neck as he watched it cross towards his position.-

" Ah...perfect..when I thought this little place was nice and quiet...Seems like I stumbled upon a get away location...well ok I guess I could act natural...as long as no one recognizes me, I guess I will play the part and pretend I am security for the ship when it docks."
Shrike Marine
Shrike Marine
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadyClash Thu Feb 04, 2016 6:29 pm

Soon enough, the ship did dock. Clash stepped off and looked around, neutral faced as he took it in. Some of the docks had collapsed into the water, and the wooden planks had a slight coat of moss all over them. Cotton candy sticks and empty popcorn bags littered the area, some floating in the waters. A large ferris wheel a little further off was dead silent, some of it's light bulbs cracked. Many booths around were boarded up deserted. 

"Yeah, this isn't spooky or anything." Clash said to himself as he lifted his bag over his shoulder, cautious about what steps he took to not fall through the boardwalk.
ShadyClash
ShadyClash
Basic Member
Basic Member

Back to top Go down

Post by SparkleSwirl Thu Feb 04, 2016 7:18 pm

"Thought there'd still be a few things up." Tipp says, half to Clash and half to himself as he un-boards behind him. 

He looks the place over with a slightly disappointed expression, but shrugs a little. At least it's quiet. 

Even if it's maybe a bit too quiet.
SparkleSwirl
SparkleSwirl
Standard Member
Standard Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Shrike Marine Thu Feb 04, 2016 7:54 pm

-Of course standing right out in the open in plain sight was a 6'0 tall armored figure, He didn't look like the chap you expect, Until they arrived he was the only one there, The masked figure approaches them -

" Welcome to the island where....apparently...no one is here..well any way welcome to the island..I am security while you all enjoy your stay here..."

-He seemed a bit nervous for some odd reason.-
Shrike Marine
Shrike Marine
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadyClash Thu Feb 04, 2016 8:05 pm

The attentive hedgehog crossed his arms, looking Shrike up and down. "...The way you talk and move seem familiar. Armor does, too. Have we met?" He asked, reaching up and scratching one of his ears. The events on the Titan slipped Clash's mind, especially when he was set on other things.

Clash's purple eyes took a brief glance to Tipp, and then back to Shrike. "Speaking of that, are there any motels on this place? Or, anywhere to stay, really." While the Cove was mostly run down, it was possible a very low standard hotel could be operating.
ShadyClash
ShadyClash
Basic Member
Basic Member

Back to top Go down

Post by SparkleSwirl Fri Feb 05, 2016 1:28 am

Tipp looks over the tall figure with an expression of amused skepticism. "Pretty stiff security for such an abandoned place, hmm?" He adjusts the backpack on his shoulders a bit. "There's gotta be at least one still runnin'... I think." 

With that said, Tipp starts walking inland, hoping to find such a place. He hadn't figured for it being quite this deserted. 

Last edited by SparkleSwirl on Fri Feb 05, 2016 1:32 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : ((///Made everything the color of the background somehow, fixed that lmao))
SparkleSwirl
SparkleSwirl
Standard Member
Standard Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Shrike Marine Fri Feb 05, 2016 4:20 pm

-Shrike didn't say a word infact he pretended to not hear his questions, He turned his back to them and went off looking left and right as he checked out the deserted grounds thinking where the hell every one else had vanished off to. Regardless why heavily armored and armed figure was doing at this resort was a unknown, or in fact who he really was..he didn't speak much or give any indication of running or fleeing the area not that he could.-
Shrike Marine
Shrike Marine
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadyClash Fri Feb 05, 2016 9:36 pm

Clash rubbed his nose with his thumb, looking over the two who were present with him. He sighed, lowering his hand. "I don't like the looks of this place. I don't know either of you, or one, at least, but I'll take my chances. You watch my back, I'll watch your's." He said, adjusting his grip on the bag he was carrying over his shoulder. He was used to traveling around, alone, most the time.

"Just until we find a place that's livable. Or beyond that, if need be."
ShadyClash
ShadyClash
Basic Member
Basic Member

Back to top Go down

Post by SparkleSwirl Fri Feb 05, 2016 10:17 pm

"I guess it would be better to search together." Tipp says, kicking away one of the many empty wrappers coating the street. "If nothing else once it starts to get dark we should be able to see a sign anywhere that's open."
SparkleSwirl
SparkleSwirl
Standard Member
Standard Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Shrike Marine Sun Feb 07, 2016 7:21 pm

-The armored figure actually took himself to explore this place..perhaps there was a reason why it was deserted...and just incase he was well prepare, Fully armed and armored he had no doubt he could search safely, However he had no intention to draw attention for them..for now he manage to remain under the radar, perhaps they didn't know who he was..and for him that would be a serious bonus in his favor.- 

" What the hell happened here...place is totally deserted...no a trace of any one else..."
Shrike Marine
Shrike Marine
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadyClash Thu Feb 11, 2016 3:29 pm

Clash took a few steps forward with the newly found party, taking a look around. The sound of water below the docks was calming, but also somewhat ominous. 

"I came here because I'm looking for something. Apparently, people have been reported to go missing when they stay here too long. I hope to find whatever is causing that, and hopefully anyone who went missing." He said, heading down the boardwalk.
ShadyClash
ShadyClash
Basic Member
Basic Member

Back to top Go down

Post by SparkleSwirl Fri Feb 12, 2016 3:26 am

"Well obviously they just love it here so much they never leave." Tipp says with a little sigh, kind of trying to stay close to the hedgehog as he walks. The mention of missing people made him a little scared, but he doesn't want to make that too obvious.
SparkleSwirl
SparkleSwirl
Standard Member
Standard Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Shrike Marine Sun Feb 14, 2016 8:43 pm

- Out of sight the lone armored figure begins his own search into the sudden vanish of life here..suppose to be a resort..what kind of resort has no one on it. Feeling like he had this the armored figure ventures deeper into the now life devoided place.- 

" Well no direct indications so far of why every one buggered off..this is strange...and I have seen a lot of strange things but this just gives me some real creeps....what in the hell happened down here...its almost every one....simply...faded into thin air."
Shrike Marine
Shrike Marine
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down