Pursuing Shadows

Page 4 of 29 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 16 ... 29  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Pursuing Shadows

Post by Froshana on Sun Jan 24, 2016 1:20 am

The dragon again raised an eyebrow as Shocker insisted out of the blue that he hadn't intended to kill the figure from before, although no one had said anything about it. 'Maybe he feels guilty...' the dragon thought. She glanced back over to where the fight had been. 'Pffft, yeah, tell that to the guy's smoking corpse,' she mentally scoffed.

It seemed even more suspicious that after that random attempt to justify his violent actions, the hedgehog promptly excused himself and--Oh, he could fly, too. 'Must be how he got out here...' she thought as she watched him fly off very quickly. She made no motion to wave or say goodbye to the hedgehog. She was more intent on getting out of this weather.

Her attention returned to the white wolf as he didn't even bat an eye at Shocker leaving. Instead, he was more focused on Wolf. Despite Wolf actually replying to her, the dragon said nothing more as she carried him back towards where she had left her truck parked in the road. For now, she would just let the two wolves converse and see if she learned anything from what she heard.

Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by kingleon on Sun Jan 24, 2016 1:30 am

Strangely shocker had come back. "Come wih me i can bring you to hybrid city. It's  very large.  There are alot of  people. You can find help there if thats what your looking for" Shocker had said. Shocker lowered his speed to 45 mph.  So he could atleast lead them towards downtown .

Expert Member
Expert Member

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteFang on Sun Jan 24, 2016 4:14 am

White replied to Wolf's response," Well that's not very helpful." Then Shocker came back and said something about going to hybrid city. " Is there a private place we can go to?"
WhiteFang
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Back to top Go down

Post by C.S.O. on Sun Jan 24, 2016 7:44 pm

"I'm sorry it's not helpful, but it's all I know." Wolf replies.

He glances towards Shocker who had returned and flown past while saying something to them. He doesn't offer a reply since he clearly wasn't in charge of where this group was going.

C.S.O.
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Froshana on Mon Jan 25, 2016 12:40 am

She was just coming up closer to the truck when Shocker suddenly flew by again, slower now, but he apparently didn't stop as he was speaking. There was mention of some city, but she didn't recognize the name. The idea of going farther out of her way wasn't appealing, though...

"I've never heard of Hybrid City," the dragon pointed out, "But it must not be close by if it's a big city. I've only seen some small cities and towns in the last while of driving."

With her free paw, she withdrew the key to her truck and unlocked the passenger's side door. The door was promptly pulled open and the dragon paused to glance around.

"Now wait a second, who all is getting in the truck?" she asked, looking between where she'd last seen Shocker and the white wolf. "I'm guessing I have to drive you guys to the next town over." She gave Shocker another glance. "Unless you plan on flying," she added.

Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by kingleon on Mon Jan 25, 2016 1:47 am

"Trust  me its very large. If you follow me we can get there fast its east  of  emrald hill zone" Shocker seemed bent on helping, he was feeling caring  today.  He flew in the direction of emerald hill zone.

Expert Member
Expert Member

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteFang on Mon Jan 25, 2016 2:05 am

" I guess I'll ride with you." White tells the Dragon. He puts his hammer back in the ground, get in the car and waits for Wolf. Then he asks the dragon for her name.
WhiteFang
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Back to top Go down

Post by C.S.O. on Mon Jan 25, 2016 2:21 am

"Well... seems like he's gone again for the moment." Wolf says, "But, I don't think he seems to realize we can't fly."

C.S.O.
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Froshana on Mon Jan 25, 2016 2:57 am

"Obviously, he doesn't," the dragon agreed with Wolf, "I thought Emerald Hill was much further south. Far enough that it doesn't snow like this at least."

She squinted her eyes as the white wolf just barged into the back seat of her truck without any actual invitation, but didn't say anything in response. She had no real intention of following anyone for the remaining drive back to civilization. If there were anything that close nearby, they would arrive in due time.

She pushed the passenger's seat back into place and shoved a few items that were there onto the floor in front of it. When the wolf already in the truck asked for her name, she glanced over at him.

"Tangerine," came the simple reply.

Her focus shifted back to Wolf. "Okay, now are you gonna bleed all over my seats?" she asked, "Should I put down my jacket first?" She started to adjust her hold on him, intending to remove him from her shoulder soon.

Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by kingleon on Mon Jan 25, 2016 11:12 pm

(Im gonna drop out here guys)

Expert Member
Expert Member

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteFang on Tue Jan 26, 2016 12:12 am

After Shocker leaves, White says " Ok, now do we find a place to find out what's going on. Then he turns to Tangerine and tells her " Thanks for helping us , Tangerine, my name is White." He extends his hand for a hand shake.
WhiteFang
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Back to top Go down

Post by C.S.O. on Tue Jan 26, 2016 12:21 am

"Was I bleeding much where you found me, or am I bleeding on you now?" Wolf asks, "I haven't really had a chance to check myself over yet."

If he was to be examined, a lot of the cuts Wolf had would appear to be shallow and closed. But there were a couple that looked a bit more serious and had stopped mainly because of his exposure to the cold. When he warmed back up, his status in that regard could change.

C.S.O.
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Froshana on Tue Jan 26, 2016 12:47 am

"We'll see what we can find ahead," Tangerine told White. She paused and looked at him as he offered a handshake. She did kind of have her paws full at the moment...

Despite the poor timing, the dragon exhaled quietly and gave White a very brisk handshake with her nearest paw. "Right. Cool."

"And..." She paused, looking at Wolf as best as she could from how she had him. "Didn't see any blood in the snow and I don't know if there's anything on me yet," she replied, "Maybe you're okay there, then."

With that, she leaned forward into the passenger's side of the truck a little more and started to pull Wolf off of her shoulder and put him into the front seat. "I'll be able to tell a little better once you're sitting down," she added.

Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteFang on Tue Jan 26, 2016 2:14 am

((Skip)
WhiteFang
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Back to top Go down

Post by C.S.O. on Tue Jan 26, 2016 3:21 am

Wolf ducks himself down a bit as Tangerine eases through the passenger door with him, to try and avoid bumping against the frame. He let's her move him as she places him in the front seat of the truck. As he sits back the backpack he had on, or what was left of it, keeps him from shifting into place properly.

"Oh... right." he says, "Forgot I had that on..."

He glances towards Tangerine.

"I'll get it off as soon as you're not in the way." he tells her, "Don't want to bump into you while I do so."

C.S.O.
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Froshana on Tue Jan 26, 2016 6:25 am

Tangerine let out a breath once she no longer had to support Wolf's weight on her shoulder. As he mentioned his backpack, she nodded. "Right, of course," she replied.

She looked him over better now, despite his not being able to sit back completely. The dragon leaned in a little to try and check what appeared to be larger cuts on him. She started to reach to him, but stopped herself.

"Well, most of these don't look too bad and even these bigger scratches aren't gushing blood or anything," Tangerine commented, "Should be fine until you can get 'em cleaned and wrapped up."

The dragon glanced at White one more time, then stepped back from the truck and shut the door. She glanced skyward, taking note that Shocker had flown off and, so far, not come back suddenly to keep trying to get her to follow him. Wondering how long that might last, she quickly moved around the front of the truck to the driver's side and climbed in. She blew out a breath into her paws before shoving the key into the ignition and turning the engine back on.

"You guys need any heating packs?" she asked as the heater came on. It was fortunately still warm as it hadn't been off for too long. After asking her question, the reptile reached into her jacket, pulling out small white packets that she had been using to generate the body heat she was unable to create herself.

"These'll help you warm up real quick if you need 'em," she offered, holding out the heat packets to both White and Wolf.

After all, she figured, they were likely going to be stuck together for the rest of the drive to whatever civilization was nearby. She might as well try to stop being a frigid grouch and be a bit nice now...

Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteFang on Tue Jan 26, 2016 11:53 pm

"Thanks," White says taking one of the packets and starts warming up with it. "So, this is a question for you Wolf, what happened before you were attacked?" White asked so he can find out who they are and what they want, they won't answer his question. Now White was kind of depressed that he could not keep one prisoner and not of killed him.
WhiteFang
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Back to top Go down

Post by C.S.O. on Wed Jan 27, 2016 2:26 am

Once Tangerine closed his door, Wolf manages to remove his backpack and sets it in his lap. The arrow that had struck him and knocked him out earlier was tangled up in what remained of the bag. The seams had been blown out by the burst of energy and its contents, that had been within it, were now apparently scattered outside in the snow where he'd been hit.

A bit more concerned now, he checks through the remains of the bag. He seems visibly relieved when he withdraws a chunk of raw crystal from it. It's small enough to easily hold, but not small enough for him to hide in his paw. He quickly slides the crystal into his pants' pocket so as not to lose it.

He then glances at Tangerine.

"Um... sure I guess I could use something to warm me up." he tells her.

He then looks towards White.

"I was walking through the forest. I had a feeling I was being followed..." he says, "Obviously I wasn't able to lose them."

C.S.O.
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Froshana on Wed Jan 27, 2016 3:04 am

Wolf had pulled out the crystal just after the dragon climbed into the truck, and she caught a decent glimpse of it. Considering her recent line of work, it did catch her eye, but he concealed it quickly enough she couldn't be sure what it was. For now, though, Tangerine said nothing on the subject. She let him take however many of the packets he elected to take from her paw and, if any remained, dropped them onto the console between the two front seats.

With that done, Tangerine did pause with one paw on the gearshift as she noticed the extent of the damage on Wolf's backpack. She let him reply to White's question before butting in with a question of her own.

"You got everything important there?"

Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteFang on Wed Jan 27, 2016 3:40 am

After hearing that question from Tangerine, White thought she was on to something. White waited for the answer from Wolf. (Hopefully those guy we fought were the only ones after him,) White thought to himself.
WhiteFang
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Back to top Go down

Post by C.S.O. on Wed Jan 27, 2016 4:28 am

"Not anymore... Everything I had in there looks to be gone." he says, "At least my keepsake didn't fall out. And I don't know where my other bag is now either..."

C.S.O.
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Froshana on Wed Jan 27, 2016 4:58 am

Tangerine frowned underneath her scarf, glancing back over towards where the general fight had happened. Her eyes squinted as they came across the fallen form of the last figure. But there was a pause and she furrowed her brow, as though considering something. The dragon looked back at Wolf and his backpack, looking over the arrow there. She hadn't noted either of the duo using a bow or even a crossbow. Although it was likely they could have a collapsible sort, perhaps...?

Rather than ask about that, though, she shook her head and focused on the conversation at hand again. Her paw moved off of the gearshift. She glanced back at White briefly, taking note of his reaction or participation in the conversation before asking Wolf another question.

"Well... do we need to go and see if we can find any of it?" she asked, "It'd probably be better to do it before hitting the road."

Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteFang on Wed Jan 27, 2016 1:41 pm

White agreed with the Tangerine. " Also we need a place to go." White added.
WhiteFang
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Back to top Go down

Post by C.S.O. on Wed Jan 27, 2016 10:16 pm

"I dunno where to even begin to look..." Wolf replies, "I also don't think it's a good idea to linger here either."

C.S.O.
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Froshana on Wed Jan 27, 2016 10:49 pm

Tangerine glanced back at White again. "Well, I don't know exactly what's in the next town over. We'll see when we get there," she told him.

Her brow furrowed at Wolf's response. "Don't tell me there's more of those people after you out there, are there?" she asked.

She didn't much care for that idea, especially since their target was now in her truck. Her paw moved to the gearshift again, this time actually changing gears, but not yet starting to drive again.

Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 29 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 16 ... 29  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top