Pursuing Shadows

Page 6 of 29 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 17 ... 29  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Pursuing Shadows

Post by Froshana on Mon Feb 08, 2016 1:57 am

The dragon snorted softly.
"Well, from what I see, there'll come a time when you have to choose between getting help or getting killed," she pointed out, "It's pretty clear they have you outnumbered."
Throughout this, she kept her gaze forward. It didn't seem that Tangerine was much for sugar-coating her opinions...

Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteFang on Mon Feb 08, 2016 10:52 pm

"As soon as we figure this out, I'm not leaving." White replies. At least we know there is only one guy, so we can easily out number him, White thought
WhiteFang
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Back to top Go down

Post by C.S.O. on Tue Feb 09, 2016 4:00 am

"And how exactly do you ask people you've never met before to potentially put their lives at risk for you?" Wolf asks, "I'm sure that some people would be willing to help... but that's not something you can expect. I got lucky today."

C.S.O.
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Froshana on Tue Feb 09, 2016 4:15 am

"That's up to you. Maybe luck is all you have," Tangerine suggested, "I mean, you've got at least White here who seems plenty determined to throw down and help you." She glanced back towards White. She then also made brief eye contact with Wolf.
"And I'm not one to stand by idly when there's trouble."

Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by C.S.O. on Wed Feb 10, 2016 9:44 pm

( OOC: Skipping past White for the moment. )

"And I thank you both for all your help thus far." Wolf says, "I'd be in their custody by now otherwise."

He lets out a breath.

"I just wish I knew some way to keep either of you from suffering any consequences from having done so." he adds.

C.S.O.
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Froshana on Thu Feb 11, 2016 12:14 am

"I know a temporary solution at least. And I'm doing it."
Tangerine pressed the accelerator down a little more firmly, speeding up the truck noticeably for several moments before settling back to the speed she'd been going before.

"Two of them are supposedly dead and the last one isn't running behind us," the dragon pointed out, "We're out of sight and you'd be surprised how easy it is to switch details on a vehicles, if not the whole thing all together. They know what you and White look like, but not me. They'll know what direction we're going, but not where we'll stop."

She cast another sideways glance to the two wolves as she finished what might have been the most she'd said at once thus far.

"Right now, we probably have the most advantage. Not to mention time to plan."

Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteFang on Thu Feb 11, 2016 5:35 am

White thought for a moment, "Was there any logo they had on?" He asked. If there was a logo it could be a group he knew.
WhiteFang
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Back to top Go down

Post by C.S.O. on Fri Feb 12, 2016 12:52 am

"Nothing I noticed." Wolf replies, "They just seem to wear those dark cloaks."

He looks at Tangerine.

"And I wonder if we have the advantage really..." he says, "They attacked me without warning... so either they followed me, or they just attacked at random, or maybe they knew where I was..."

C.S.O.
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Froshana on Sun Feb 14, 2016 2:57 am

"Well, so long as we're not being attacked, let's assume we're doing good, right, guys?" Tangerine asked. There was a pause while she seemed to consider Wolf's words for a few moments.

"You don't have anything on you that they can track, do you?" she asked, "A cell phone? Any tech at all?" Her eyes squinted a little as she recalled catching a glimpse of him tucking something away when she was getting into the truck earlier.

"Did you steal something?"

Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteFang on Sun Feb 14, 2016 3:30 am

"Right ." White Responded. This whole thing was like the night he was taken from his village, all that group wanted was test subjects.

After he answered Tangerine's question he asked "Are you special in any way?"
WhiteFang
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Back to top Go down

Post by C.S.O. on Sun Feb 14, 2016 4:21 am

Wolf seems a bit surprised as he is suddenly on the receiving end of multiple questions in quick succession.

"No. I don't have any technology on me. I don't really know how to use any of that stuff." he replies, "I don't make a habit of stealing anything unless I absolutely need it and have no other alternatives. The last thing I want is to make people mad at me and have them come after me. And as far as I know, I'm just a regular wolf. I don't have any special talents or abilities. So I have no idea how or why anyone would be after me."

C.S.O.
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Froshana on Sun Feb 14, 2016 4:29 am

Tangerine merely nodded. "Well, that answers that, then," she said, "All we can do is try our best in the meantime."

She returned her attention to the road in front of her. It really did seem like they were quite far from any other town or city, especially considering that nothing else had come into view just yet. Although, they did finally pass a sign giving some indication that there might be something far on down the road. It was all just a matter of getting there now.

Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by C.S.O. on Mon Feb 22, 2016 8:38 pm

(OOC: Finally back to this after an extended break. Since WhiteFang hasn't posted in over a week, I see no alternative but to skip him until he decides to return. )

"Well... that's all that can be asked of anyone really." Wolf replies, "Some days... you wish you were capable of more than that though."

He turns his gaze to the window beside him and looks out through it.

C.S.O.
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Froshana on Tue Feb 23, 2016 8:05 am

((Damn good break, too! But now it's back to flexing the rp muscles. >:U Hoo-ah!))

"Of course," the dragon agreed, "But there's still only so much you can do in certain situations..."

She gave him another sideways glance and was silent for several moments as she considered her next question. It might not hurt to ask at least.

"So they're not after you for whatever that was you stuffed into your pocket a while ago?" Tangerine finally asked.

Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by C.S.O. on Wed Feb 24, 2016 12:49 am

Wolf glances back towards her.

"Maybe... I'm not sure what it's worth to them." he replies, "It really only has sentimental value to me. But I have no interest in parting with it."

C.S.O.
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Froshana on Wed Feb 24, 2016 5:06 am

"Well, you never know," Tangerine pointed out, "Maybe they know something about it that you don't." She hesitated as she thought this over a bit further. Her shoulders shrugged slightly and she added, "But... I guess if that were the case, they could've focused more on just trying to take your bag instead..."

Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by C.S.O. on Wed Feb 24, 2016 6:49 pm

"They probably would have mentioned it to me too..." he adds, "I can only assume that they don't care about that at all."

C.S.O.
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Froshana on Thu Feb 25, 2016 3:55 am

"Shame. It'd be an easy fix if you could just give it to them. Or even have a fake made to throw them off for a while," Tangerine said.
She let out a quiet breath through her nose.
"Oh well."

Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by C.S.O. on Fri Feb 26, 2016 12:39 am

"None of the problems I encounter offer me a solution that quick or easy." Wolf replies.

He sighs softly while he looks back out through the window.

C.S.O.
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Froshana on Fri Feb 26, 2016 2:31 am

Tangerine bit back the urge to make a dry comment. Instead, she kept it to herself for now and just glanced back into her rearview mirror. She didn't expect to see anything there, it was more of an occasional habit.
With the heater providing warmth inside the truck, she was just a little more relaxed now. Unless Wolf or White said anything further, the dragon was likely to just stay silent until they made it to the next town over.

Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by C.S.O. on Fri Feb 26, 2016 5:41 pm

Wolf appeared content to let the silence linger for the time being. He just continues to glance out the windows of the truck for the time being as they made their way towards their destination.

C.S.O.
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Froshana on Fri Mar 04, 2016 4:46 am

((Aaaaand after a week of waiting to see if White'll come back, I'm gonna go ahead and post. -w- ))

The following hour passed in relative silence. Tangerine didn't seem to be much of a conversationist herself, but she replied when spoken to. Maybe she wasn't as unfriendly as she initially seemed...
She took note of signs indicating the town they were approaching, particularly looking for anything that might give an idea of where they could stop. Nothing really stood out for the time being, though.

Finally, some bits of civilization started to show up. Houses of people who lived outside the city limits seemed to be common at first. Then before long, a gas station in the middle of a few other businesses.

"Alright, instead of just wandering around through this place, I'm gonna stop here real quick," Tangerine stated, glancing to the two wolves in the truck. "We can try to work out a plan from here and probably wrap up some of those injuries you've got."

Without really waiting for anyone's approval, the dragon steered the truck off the main road and into the gas station parking lot. The vehicle came to a stop in a parking space along one side of the building. For now, Tangerine left the engine running idly to keep the heater going.

Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by C.S.O. on Fri Mar 04, 2016 7:36 pm

Wolf remained quiet for most of the trip as well. He didn't really have much to say to these two who saved him. He was more focused on the events that had unfolded earlier, with the chase and fight he'd endured. He still couldn't imagine what he carried with him that appeared to be of such value to those after him. It was a major problem that he had no idea of how to solve.

While he continues thinking about that, Tangerine interrupts his train of thought, informing him that they were going to stop.

"Are you planning on getting something here, or is this just a brief stop before you keep going?" Wolf asks, looking over at Tangerine, as the truck comes to a halt.

C.S.O.
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Froshana on Fri Mar 04, 2016 11:25 pm

"I dunno, I might grab a drink or something," Tangerine admitted, glancing towards the front of the little store there. Her gaze moved back over to Wolf afterward.
"Why, you want something?" she asked him.

Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by C.S.O. on Sat Mar 05, 2016 1:12 am

"I don't think so." Wolf replies, "I don't have much of an appetite right now."

C.S.O.
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content