Hello user, SRN is now closed. Feel free to read anything you'd like, but you cannot post.
Thank you for being part of this community.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello user, SRN is now closed. Feel free to read anything you'd like, but you cannot post.
Thank you for being part of this community.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Purity~! Whip's Nuzlocke of Light Platinum~!

+5
Uncanny-Illustrator
Dregan
Midknight
Caliburn
Mephiles the Dark
9 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Purity~! Whip's Nuzlocke of Light Platinum~! Empty Purity~! Whip's Nuzlocke of Light Platinum~!

Post by Whip~ Mon Nov 30, 2015 2:44 pm

Purity~! Whip's Nuzlocke of Light Platinum~! Ezimba19126352862700
Purity~! Whip's Nuzlocke of Light Platinum~! Ezimba19126322218300

Ladies and Gentlemen... I welcome you to a Strike-Family Production~

Purity~! Whip's Nuzlocke of Light Platinum~! Ezimba19126397733400

Indeed, because the popularity has risen and I, a leech upon it's coattails, I've decided to go along and (at the prodding of a pied friend of mine,) do a Nuzlocke challenge of the apparently-popular gamemode for Gen III, Pokemon Light Platinum!

A few notes before we begin, of course~
I've never heard of this mod before Spekkal informed me about it, which means this is a completely blind playthrough. In fact, she hasn't even told me about what the mod actually modifies, besides the fact that it's not a retrograde Platinum mod.
So that'll be fun. Luckily I have experience with Nuzlockes in Gen III, so... here's hoping it's all good fun! =3
Now then, the natural laws of a Nuzlocke Challenge~!

Rule 1: Any Pokemon that faints is considered deceased and must either be released or buried(put in a Graveyard PC box).
Rule 2: The first Pokemon of any route is the only opportunity to have a new friend. That is, I may only capture the first Pokemon I run across on a particular route, going by Route name. (Route 111 has only one chance, even if half of the route is on one side of the map and the other half is on the other side.)
     -Addendum: Duplicates Clause is in effect; Whenever a Pokemon previously befriended (including evolutionary stages) is the first in an area, there are two more attempts to encounter a new Pokemon. After the third attempt (second after the first attempt) fails, no new Pokemon may be caught in that route.
Rule 3: Any Pokemon captured must be named for bonding's sake~!

Now, with rule three, I'm gonna steal from Spek's lead and ask that you viewers and commenters suggest names for new Pokemon that I run into! I'll take the honour of naming the Starter (aren't I such a wonderful host!), but from there on, I'd like for a few people to suggest some for a general pool to choose form, in order of course. =3

So! With all the heavy rules crap out of the way, let's dive into the world of Light Platinum!!

Purity~! Whip's Nuzlocke of Light Platinum~! Ezimba19126349338000
Purity~! Whip's Nuzlocke of Light Platinum~! Ezimba19126338350500
Purity~! Whip's Nuzlocke of Light Platinum~! Ezimba19126348540900
Same, Professor. Same.

So! This is Professor Jasmine! From this introduction alone, she seems to be a responsible adult and, refreshingly, actually very scientific and anthropological! None of this implied "everyone is great friends with Pokemon and we're all happy together!!" stuff, but a more down-to-earth, empirically-backed idea that humans and Pokemon can coexist.
Call me an overanalyst, but I appreciate the little character details like that. =3
Anyways, as she comes back from her speech(and cute lil Snivy cx), she gives us the first big option of the game! Gender choices and names!

Purity~! Whip's Nuzlocke of Light Platinum~! Ezimba19126384515200
Ho ho ho, aren't I clever? c:

So apparently, I am Purity, from Yellow Town.
Oh Christmas morning, this is going to be the same as Spek's wonderful adventures in Flora Sky, isn't it. That or a witty allusion to the canon generations. I'll hope for the latter. c:
Anyways, with a wave of her hand, Professor Jasmine casts a spell to shrink us, and just like that we're off on our adventure!

Purity~! Whip's Nuzlocke of Light Platinum~! Ezimba19126396238100

...Huh.
There was an animation and sound clip as if I were travelling in the back of a truck, much like in Ruby and Sapphire's opening, but then... this interesting twist of pace. 
So Purity hears a sound and--

Purity~! Whip's Nuzlocke of Light Platinum~! Ezimba19126352989200
Oh literal god.
I mean!! Hi! Gods of the uh.... universe! How goes it? c: ;;;
So uh, the four gods of creation (Three demi-gods? That's always confused me slightly about Pokemon Mythos...) kind of have a little pow-wow in Pokemon language and then Dialga, Palkia, and Giratina beat Arceus into dust.
I mean, just, they tackle him twice and he's gone. Followed by Purity ever so tactfully stating that this must be a nightmare. Yeah kid, God just died in front of you. This better be a nightmare.;;

Purity~! Whip's Nuzlocke of Light Platinum~! Ezimba19126396415300

Oh. It was a nightmare as well.
Well, nevermind then! I'm sure that diecidie that appeared in my dreams won't ever be important again. Ever.
After crawling out of bed, I gave the mod a few arm stretches and checked a few things. Inventory has a pleasing retro effect to it, but otherwise everything seems to be pretty cut-and-paste from Ruby and Sapphire. Not a bad thing, mind you. =3
Let's check the Trainer Card.
Purity~! Whip's Nuzlocke of Light Platinum~! Ezimba19126332221200

Yep. That's about as new as you can get. Still, I'm liking the edits to our character. Purity looks rather nice. uwu
So looking about some more, I try grabbing the obligatory potion from the PC as per bog-freaking-standard of a Pokemon game, and--
...nothing.
No free potion.

R.I.P: FREE POTION LV 0-0

so anyways.
Apparently I have, besides a malfunctioning computer, a bed, television, Nintendo Gamecube, and the Gameboy Advance-to-Gamecube Connector port thing. So besides firmly establishing the setting in middle-class suburbia, nothing much going on in the room as expected. Heading down the stairs, or at least, trying to, finds Purity bumping into dear old single-mum-with-no-spouse-to-be-seen(even if Ruby and Sapphire were the first and last to uproot this tradition-- SHHHH).
Purity~! Whip's Nuzlocke of Light Platinum~! Ezimba19126347355000

Wh-wahahat?
So dear old mum lets us know that Jasmine needs our help in Central City to fight off the Black Aliens help out with a situation involving the language Alpha, which, apparently, Only I know how to speak because my father taught it to me before he mysteriously disappeared.
*ahem*
I'm... willing to give this story the benefit of the doubt. That was a very, very thick way to slather on some exposition, but uh... you know. First five minutes don't dictate the story. Maybe Mum is just really bad at small talk??
Also Mum apparently forgot time. She didn't just forget what time it is, she just forgot time.
*Another throat clearing*
So after setting the time, mum does a good thing and remind me where I'm going because I've legitimately forgotten on account of Mum seriously we need to get you some friends if you're this bad at conversation. 
Purity~! Whip's Nuzlocke of Light Platinum~! Ezimba19126377388500
Purity~! Whip's Nuzlocke of Light Platinum~! Ezimba19126394343900
Seriously mum I need some space.
(Really pretty house though. =3 )

So leaving my trainwreck of a mother behind, I continue on outside whereupon I'm hit with some more nicely-rendered Diamond and Pearl-esque graphics, as well as this dude scaring the crap out of me with a random fly-by.

Purity~! Whip's Nuzlocke of Light Platinum~! Ezimba19126398885700
Actually I'm pretty sure this house is under the name of my eternally-single mother and also DON'T EVER DO THAT AGAIN.

So after a few introductions (I'm not totally against Purity being able to speak on her own, but I am starting to see why people prefer the silent protagonist approach...), he lets us know that his name is Kaori, the current champion of The Zhery League and he's here to pick us up for Professor Jasmine!
Well that's kind of him! I hope he lets us fly with him there instead of walking.

Purity~! Whip's Nuzlocke of Light Platinum~! Ezimba19126380654700

Oh wait holy crap he actually is too. MAN IT MUST BE SUPER IMPORTANT, THIS LANGUAGE THAT ONLY I AND MY MISSING FATHER UNDERSTAND. ME, THE TEN YEAR OLD NAMED PURITY.
Well, after reaching Central City, which, again, looks absolutely stunning, he decides to hand-hold me to the center lake of the city, where ideally Jasmine and another of Kaori's friends are. Not that big of a city, considering it took us like, twelve steps to get from the corner to the center, but nonetheless, we meet up with them.
Purity~! Whip's Nuzlocke of Light Platinum~! Ezimba19126364928100

Purity~! Whip's Nuzlocke of Light Platinum~! Ezimba19126340153500
Purity~! Whip's Nuzlocke of Light Platinum~! Ezimba19126328416300

...Jasmine. We need to talk. I was just praising you for your senses and willingness to be empirical about things. Why are you entrusting something this dangerous to two ten-year-olds and however-old Kaori is.
And yes. I am barreling past the Ash Ketchum-in-a-Pokemon-game dissonance, thank you. c:
So uh, more introductions, where we promise Professor Jasmine that we won't destroy the planet, and Ash, awkward as mum wishes she could be, introduces himself as the World Pokemon Champion.
As in, the guy who never beat the Indigo League or the numerous other Elite Four challenges he's been against. A-alright.
Also, Purity is a closet weeaboo who watches Ash and Kaori all over the television, though she seemed pretty chill about meeing Kao-whateverhisnameis. I'm thinking she chose favourites. So Jasmine snaps me out of my drooling fangasm and asks me to, you know, decipher that strange and rare language only I know, to which I...
apparently tell her everything about creation.
Yeah. It was apparently just... sitting around. All this time fans were piecing together the mythos of Diamond and Pearl, and there was just this document sitting in the middle of a lake in Central City, waiting for a ten-year-old to come by and translate it with what sounds like a poorly-written fanfiction plot.
Ngh. That was the most salt you'll get out of me, sorry. c: ;;
Either way, it goes on to say that Arceus is the god of the world, and that sometimes he gets the crap kicked out of him and the world won't be so great for a little while. So naturally, being the Indiana Jones expy that he is, Kaori offers to destroy the document so no evils get on it and stain the text, and summons an Empoleon to do so and drown the evidence with Rain Dance.

Purity~! Whip's Nuzlocke of Light Platinum~! Ezimba19126335192900

Man, that Kaohri is such a smooth criminal. And also unable to properly spell his own name, I guess.
So uh, we just kinda... forget about that?? I just used an ancient language to discover this doom text, so we break it and then leave? And Ash is just kind of there and leaves??
Also Kaori you jerk! You were my ride get back here!! How am I supposed to get back to Yellow Town now?
Purity~! Whip's Nuzlocke of Light Platinum~! Ezimba19126334854400
Purity~! Whip's Nuzlocke of Light Platinum~! Ezimba19126383194100
Purity~! Whip's Nuzlocke of Light Platinum~! Ezimba19126340454500
And now you have them, so why didn't you sneak away instead of loudly proclaiming your intentions?
So some jerkoff from a new group, Team Steam (heh), attacks and throw a Poochyena at Jasmine. In distress, she asks me to, instead of tackling the dog off of her, reach into her bag and slowly grab a Pokeball to fight it off.
I mean sure lady, whatever works for you. I just want my starter let's go!!

Purity~! Whip's Nuzlocke of Light Platinum~! Ezimba19126330796200
Purity~! Whip's Nuzlocke of Light Platinum~! Ezimba19126317693400
Yes come to me my wet little squirrel-turtle.

Purity~! Whip's Nuzlocke of Light Platinum~! Ezimba19126354643900

Immediately, I notice it's a wild Poochyena attacking. This makes me think two things.
A. This programmer made a slight and forgivable flaw.
B. This dude from Team Steam literally grabbed a random Poochyena lying about somewhere and threw it at Professor Jasmine.
Needless to say, I prefer the latter interpretation. c:
So, the epic tackle battle of the century went down, but Purity ultimately kicked butt with her little ninja turtle and sent the Poochyena packing!
Of course, being an off-screen Steam grunt, he yells about how Jasmine got "lucky", and how next time he'll kidnap her and how Purity is now on Steam's "hitlist".
Man. Subtly of a firecracker, that one. But whatever he's just mad. c:
So, fully recognizing that in her moment of fear, she not only asked a ten-year-old to defend her from what is essentially a puppy, but also managed to get said ten-year-old on the blacklist of an organized crime honch, Jasmine decided to just give me the Squirtle. Thanks for that.

Purity~! Whip's Nuzlocke of Light Platinum~! Ezimba19126397270400
Purity~! Whip's Nuzlocke of Light Platinum~! Ezimba19126378538300
If I were any more creative, I'd almost be as good as this author.
So yeah! Our first little friend and the first projection of a sane individual in this slightly-hamfisted world! Squirt joins the team!

Purity~! Whip's Nuzlocke of Light Platinum~! Ezimba19126360746600
Purity~! Whip's Nuzlocke of Light Platinum~! Ezimba19126371673500
Holy crap he's carrying Moomoo milk. That's actually kind of adorable. 
Good to have you on board Squirt!! CX
And with that, Jasmine reveals herself to be part-Abra by teleporting us all the way back to Yellow Town, when it previously took Kaori a whole FLY to get us to Central City
But yes, standing down in the dark depths of Jasmine's laboratory, I believe this is where we will pause for now! With our first friend and a whole lot of story already shoved down our gobs, I will pleasantly hope for the best in the future. =3

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The Team So Far~!

Purity~! Whip's Nuzlocke of Light Platinum~! 007-- Squirt, Level 05.
--
--
--
--
--

Deceased~
Purity~! Whip's Nuzlocke of Light Platinum~! Bag_Potion_Sprite -- Free Potion, Level 0 - 0. 

As a final note, please remember that if you'd like, you can suggest names now or later. I'll be listing names in order of when they were suggested and applying them as I get Pokemon, so don't hope to give a Pokemon a proper name. Just go wild with it. =3
And I hope you all enjoyed this first post of what I hope to be a quality and long-running Nuzlocke challenge. Light Platinum so far has uh.... Great Programming, but eeeeh writing. XD
Still, my hopes are high and my levels are higher! Thank you for your time~! ^v^
Whip~
Whip~

Back to top Go down

Purity~! Whip's Nuzlocke of Light Platinum~! Empty Re: Purity~! Whip's Nuzlocke of Light Platinum~!

Post by Spekkal Mon Nov 30, 2015 2:52 pm

I AM HYPED FOR THIS!
And I absolutely ADORE your commentary! It's so well written and fantastic! Light Platinum is honestly a very pretty hack. It's entirely complete too, as far as I've read, but yeah, the writing for any hack seems... sub-par?

Also I demand thatyou call the next pokemon Doop.
I don't know why, but it's needed ok.
Spekkal
Spekkal
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Purity~! Whip's Nuzlocke of Light Platinum~! Empty Re: Purity~! Whip's Nuzlocke of Light Platinum~!

Post by Electrisa Mon Nov 30, 2015 3:08 pm

Oh my goodness i love this already
ALSO, I... have no idea for any names rn.
BUT AS SOON AS I DO, I WILL SURELY THROW THEM AT YOUR FLUFFY FAAAACE
Electrisa
Electrisa
Master Member
Master Member

http://electrisa.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Uncanny-Illustrator Mon Nov 30, 2015 3:15 pm

YESSSSSS WHIP NUZLOCK~
You should like name one Floof or Fluff because yes
Uncanny-Illustrator
Uncanny-Illustrator
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Mephiles the Dark Mon Nov 30, 2015 3:42 pm

I cannot wait for this. I hope this nuzlocke is as good as the other one! ^-^
Mephiles the Dark
Mephiles the Dark
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

http://lozskullkid.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by spark tb Mon Nov 30, 2015 3:53 pm

I think this story relates to my favourite saying, a 'where is plot'

A WH.I.P, as it were ;D

Regardless, I'm looking forward to this a LOT.

Also I require any pokemon you get that looks like it has a beard to be name 'Chant', regardless of gender or if it has any other similarities to her.
spark tb
spark tb
Expert Member
Expert Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Caliburn Mon Nov 30, 2015 5:49 pm

Another Nuzlocke?

Asdf, this is a thing. Uh, well, I mean, okay. Yeah, sure. 8D I am looking forward to seeing what happens though, wooo~
Caliburn
Caliburn
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Midknight Mon Nov 30, 2015 10:29 pm

Nice to see I started a trend~ ;D

Good luck to you my friend, may the nuzz be forever in your favour \o/
Midknight
Midknight
Master Member
Master Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Dregan Tue Dec 01, 2015 2:48 am

"Hello my daughter, just to inform you, you're the single person in the world who can speak this language. Just in case you were unaware of this capability."
Oh well, after God has literally been destroyed in front of your eyes, one might be able to forgive her for forgetting the concept of time. For all we know, it may no longer exist.

Also, I'm suggesting the name 'Team Dad' to make it all the more heart-breaking when they inevitably fall.
Dregan
Dregan
Hero
Hero

http://barred.smackjeeves.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Whip~ Tue Dec 01, 2015 6:35 am

Spark wrote:I think this story relates to my favourite saying, a 'where is plot'

A WH.I.P, as it were ;D

So much hate. 8I

ANYWAYS~!
Let's continue~!

Purity~! Whip's Nuzlocke of Light Platinum~! Ezimba19126363792300

Purity~! Whip's Nuzlocke of Light Platinum~! Ezimba19126336608600

Ah yes, we were entering Jasmine's lab! That's right! 
So, Jasmine tells me that, since I have my first Pokemon, I should go about challenging the Zh...Zehy.... Zeyhr?? The whatever league and become a Pokemon Master! Fair do. Apparently, Purity has been dreaming of this moment her whole life, so that works out!
But before we can go, she asks us one last favour. She'd like it if we went to Marfeny Lake just east of Central City to go meet up with Professor Oak.
Okay, so I'm pretty chill with that. Oak is canonically a traveller, so you know. Doesn't bug me as much as Ash Ketchem, but what are you gonna do? XD
So, I was about to leave, but as you do, I chatted with her again and she... gave me Pokeballs!
Purity~! Whip's Nuzlocke of Light Platinum~! Ezimba19126378809200
(It's actually five of them, but even the canon games have a hard time with plural, soo...)
Yo, I am ALL about breaking that tradition! Heck yeah, I can just get started catching our first friend, no faff, which, thanks to you guys, will be named Doop.
*squints at Spekkal*
After that, she says that I must have been born to be a Legendary Trainer, and then wishes me good luck.
Just, walking around for a bit and taking in the scenery of her lab and workers, it makes me so mad. This game is Amazingly put together, but this story is just so laughable it's kind of conflicting. Like, biting into a tootsie pop and adoring the lavish flavor, but then realizing there's a rabbit turd in the middle.
But I digress. XD
So I step outside and... no more cutscenes. No more dragging, no more battles!! I can finally explore this city! XD

Purity~! Whip's Nuzlocke of Light Platinum~! Ezimba19126370750100

And it's looking gorgeous UGh.
I'll try not to keep gushing about the appearance, but seriously, none of the sprites clash, the colours are easy on the eyes, and just, everything is well balanced. Even the hamfisted Arceus statue in the center makes sense and looks great. 

Purity~! Whip's Nuzlocke of Light Platinum~! Ezimba19126365281800
...Mostly.
Giving a wander about, the villagers are actually kind of nice. Barring the occasional syntax error, everyone really adds flavour to the town, including one guy who mentions that most people in Yellow Town want their children to be strong trainers. It's implied to be that same way for most Pokemon games, sure, but the fact that it's commonly acknowledged in this town is kind of cool. =3

Also I stole an Elekid from Jasmine.
Purity~! Whip's Nuzlocke of Light Platinum~! Ezimba19126377477200
Whoops. c:
It was just lying around upstairs in her lab. I don't have a Pokemon from Yellow Town yet, sooooo... Mine now. c:
Unfortunately, there was no opportunity to rename him, so for now, he's just ELEKID. First chance I get, I will rename him Doop.

Purity~! Whip's Nuzlocke of Light Platinum~! Ezimba19126393832300
Purity~! Whip's Nuzlocke of Light Platinum~! Ezimba19126365994800

Man I hope this game doesn't have a morality system. XD
If Jasmine asks for him back, I'll return him. Until then, duces Yellow Town~ c:
So! On to Route 401! I'm super hype to meet our next friend, who will, thanks to Uncanny, will be named Floof/Fluff!

Purity~! Whip's Nuzlocke of Light Platinum~! Ezimba19126340497500

Purity~! Whip's Nuzlocke of Light Platinum~! Ezimba19126359077600
Purity~! Whip's Nuzlocke of Light Platinum~! Ezimba19126389738400

Nerves of stell

Purity~! Whip's Nuzlocke of Light Platinum~! Ezimba19126313656900

Purity~! Whip's Nuzlocke of Light Platinum~! Ezimba19126327325300

Well. 
To be honest, I'm not too upset. Floof the Bidoof and Doof the Elekid.
Combined with Squirt, we have a fair team setting itself up. =3
Not to mention Floof having Pickup is gonna be a life saver!
So, with Floof underway, we can now begin our first training session!!
...Except for an issue that... I just now remember Spekkal telling me about before.
There's no way to heal my Pokemon in Yellow Town.
I uh... legitimately forgot about this.
Oh... oh crap. 
Thankfully, I have the Moo-Moo Milk that Squirt was carrying, but still. Gotta make it to the next town fast. c: ;;
With Doof at the lead (As he has the most health out of everyone), I try my best to avoid battles and do my best against unavoidable trainers, which is actually quite stressful despite the fact that I left my first town with three Pokemon.
This is actually a little exhilirating. c: ;;
Purity~! Whip's Nuzlocke of Light Platinum~! Ezimba19126318262500

SQUIRT N O

Purity~! Whip's Nuzlocke of Light Platinum~! Ezimba19126329636100

FRICK FLOOF NOOOOOO
DOOF! YOU CAN SAVE US!!
DOOF LANDS A CRITICAL HIT AND KNOCKS OUT THAT DOUCHE VENIPEDE--

Purity~! Whip's Nuzlocke of Light Platinum~! Ezimba19126375593100

...Oh.

Purity~! Whip's Nuzlocke of Light Platinum~! Ezimba19126390488400

Frick.

I uh...
I don't...
Welp.
So...
Alright. Well, this would be the part where I either call the Nuzlocke, or... just kind of, start over from the beginning.
Except, we're so close to the beginning that it'd literally be the exact same circumstances, except for maaaaybe Floof. But I ran into a few encounters before jerkwad the bugcatcher up there, and they were mostly Bidoofs, so...
... I'm ashamed to do this, but so close to the beginning where the only thing that resetting would change is how long I spend through the cutscenes, I'm just gonna call it a mulligan.
It was a bad dream caused by, I don't know, Arceus' death or something.
Man, I'm sorry about this to those who think it's a cheap move, but I really don't want the Nuzlocke to end here! DX
If perhaps you guys find I should do something to mediate the inherent cheapness, then please let me know and I'll do whatever I can to right it, but... for now, I guess I'll just give it another go from this point.

Purity~! Whip's Nuzlocke of Light Platinum~! Ezimba19126399856600
So here we are again~ It's always such a pleasure~

Welp. That was fantastic. Let's move on from that and try to kick that little jerk's butt again.
I mean for the first time.

Purity~! Whip's Nuzlocke of Light Platinum~! Ezimba19126351679400

Screw.
You.

Unfortunately, despite my best efforts... Doof didn't quite make it. Poison Point combined with Rollout was too much for him. He managed to make the battle easier, but... in the end, I guess... He's not going home anytime soon.

R.I.P: Doof. LV 5 - 8

And to think, there's a Venipede named after me in another Nuzlocke....
Well. I guess there's nothing for it but to move on. Now that I see just what kind of challenge this is gonna be...

Well, to be honest, this is actually kind of exciting. I'm used to Nuzlockes being no-death runs for me, and yet here I am an hour in and I lost a friend. I'm grateful, in a sick and detached sort of way, that Doof didn't get much of a chance to bond with us, but at least now I know the kind of precautions I have to take if I want to get through this without another game over.
Thankfully, none of the other trainers put up the same level of resistance as the very first one, though I did pretty much ruin my brown pants as well with an electric type missing its Spark attack five times against Squirt whilst he was also paralyzed five times. Floof was in the red, if you have to ask. XD

Mid-way through this route, however, we get introduced to a new mechanic!
Purity~! Whip's Nuzlocke of Light Platinum~! Ezimba19126377373800
And it sounds kind of cool actually! More to the point, I'll do anything to get healing items right now please and thank you.
Unfortunately, none of the trees seemed to have any healing berries, though I did get the equivalent of a Full Heal and a Burn Heal, so... I can't really complain. The Mechanic works solidly enough and It's much better than the water-and-plant mechanic in the actual Ruby and Sapphire. I approve. =3
Still, the treacherous drudge through this First Route continues as I beg for there to be no more Trainers.
Spoiler Alert: There are.

AND LOOK. IT'S OUR OLD PAL VENIPEDE.
Purity~! Whip's Nuzlocke of Light Platinum~! Ezimba19126367182700

FRICK MAN, HOW'YA BEEN? MURDER ANY GOOD FRIENDS LATELY??
I hate this guy. I'm glad Squirt learned Withdraw.

OH, AND GUESS WHO DIED. GUESS WHO DIED SO QUICKLY I ACCIDENTALLY BUTTON-MASHED THROUGH HIS DEATH AND DIDN'T TAKE A SCREENSHOT.
IT WAS FLOOF.
FLOOF DIED ISN'T THAT GREAT.

R.I.P: Floof. LV 3 - 4

ARRRGH. HOW IS THIS AT ALL POSSIBLE. THERE HAVE BEEN TWO HEALING ITEMS SINCE I'VE STARTED THIS GAME.
HEY ARCEUS? WANNA DROP ME ANOTHER POTION MAYBE? SINCE APPARENTLY I'M SO FREAKING SPECIAL

*breathes*
Rest in Peace Doof.
And screw Venipedes forever.

Purity~! Whip's Nuzlocke of Light Platinum~! Ezimba19126327748800

Trying to work past that... absolute nightmare of a route, I found myself finally reaching Central City. Just a full T.P.K and two friends down! haaa...
haaaaa.... Why did I ever want to be a trainer again?

To be honest, I kind of just talked to one or two people and then bee-lined it to the Pokemon Center(Though some old guy gave me an Ultra Ball of all things. I'm worried for the prospects of difficulty that this implies).
And upon entering...

Purity~! Whip's Nuzlocke of Light Platinum~! Ezimba19126361031800

Oh. Well, this is new.

Purity~! Whip's Nuzlocke of Light Platinum~! Ezimba19126369664000
!!!!!!!
FREE POTION! YOU'RE BACK!!!
GUYS LOOK IT'S FREE POTION HE WAS NEVER REALLY DEAD AFTER ALL!!

Purity~! Whip's Nuzlocke of Light Platinum~! Ezimba19126318828500

...But these guys are.

Hmn.
Well, after a well-deserved healing for Squirt (he's like, a level away from evolving after the first freaking route), I've decided to pause the playthrough here.
There was uh... quite a bit of heavy emotion thrown about, lots of uh... deaths. <<;;
But, at least now I have a fair chance. With the Pokemon Center accessible, I'll make sure never to let such a sloppy torrent happen again.
..I hope.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The Team So Far~!

Purity~! Whip's Nuzlocke of Light Platinum~! 007-- Squirt, Level 13.
Purity~! Whip's Nuzlocke of Light Platinum~! Bag_Potion_Sprite -- Free Potion, Level OhgoodnessI'msosadrightnow
--
--
--
--

Deceased~
 Purity~! Whip's Nuzlocke of Light Platinum~! 239-- Doof, Level 5 - 8. 
Purity~! Whip's Nuzlocke of Light Platinum~! 399 -- Floof, Level 3 - 4.

*ahem*
Well uh... as always, feel free to leave some suggested names for me to use with our next... friends.... ;;;
Thank you for your time.
Whip~
Whip~

Back to top Go down

Post by Uncanny-Illustrator Tue Dec 01, 2015 8:36 am

Well that was a murder run omg
So much death
Uncanny-Illustrator
Uncanny-Illustrator
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by spark tb Tue Dec 01, 2015 10:20 am

TL;DR: We built a team up, then two thirds of it died.
we tried again but two thirds of it died again, but we got a free potion.

Thanks, pokemon!
spark tb
spark tb
Expert Member
Expert Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Electrisa Tue Dec 01, 2015 11:04 am

petition to call potion 'bob'
AND THE NEAREST POKEMAN SHALL BE NAMED EDGE
And don't worry Whip, that's how ALL of my Nuzlocke attempts go 8D
Electrisa
Electrisa
Master Member
Master Member

http://electrisa.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Spekkal Tue Dec 01, 2015 11:58 am

I WARNED YOU, DAWG
I WARNED YOU ABOUT THE LACK OF HEALING ITEMS

And you did the smart thing - quite certain it's impossible to do a standard Nuzlocke from that point. But now the game is actually fair! Huzzah! 
RIP the Oof-Squad.
Spekkal
Spekkal
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Whip~ Wed Dec 02, 2015 8:30 am

Thanks you guys a ton for all the comments and such. It's good to know you guys are even remotely interested even if no condolances were offered for MOST OF MY TEAM DYING
*clears throat*
A-NY-WAYS~
Let's pick up where we left off. =3

Purity~! Whip's Nuzlocke of Light Platinum~! Ezimba19126376014400
Purity~! Whip's Nuzlocke of Light Platinum~! Ezimba19126363417900

Ah yes, the really cool-looking Pokemon Center with the two stories. Now I remember, we're in Central City, after losing... most of our friends. Haha;;;
But Squirt toughed it through with 6 HP to spare, and so now he's healed up and... about ready to evolve.
I'm gonna just go and evolve him first. One sec.

Purity~! Whip's Nuzlocke of Light Platinum~! Ezimba19126388677300
Oh yeah, because that last route was a freaking CAKEWALK.
But I'm tempted and curious. We have an Ultraball, Squirt is fully healed, and he's also high-levelled and about to evolve. Why not make a new friend on this route, which will, thanks to Spark, be named Chant.
Frick you Spark. c:

Purity~! Whip's Nuzlocke of Light Platinum~! Ezimba19126330877200
Oh okay nevermind I guess not.
Well, if I can't go that way, then I'll just give the rest of the town a little exploration. =3

Purity~! Whip's Nuzlocke of Light Platinum~! Ezimba19126338055600
HECK TO THE FRICK Y E S.
This game is literally throwing Pokemon at my(and Jasmine's) face! It's great! There's no pond here that I can see besides the one Kaori made earlier on the doom artifact, so this is what I imagine would be the only catchable Pokemon here, SO!
COME ALONG FOR THE RIDE CHANT!

Purity~! Whip's Nuzlocke of Light Platinum~! Ezimba19126366638300
Purity~! Whip's Nuzlocke of Light Platinum~! Ezimba19126342855400

Unfortunately, there seems to be a running issue in which Pokemon you recieve outside of battle aren't prompted for nicknames, but hey. I'll just wait for the namerater. Until then, you are officially Chant the Growlithbdhvisbg
yAAAAAAAAAY
 ...*cough*

Anyways. This Central City apparently has fricken everything, because a few steps to the right of free Growlithe is...
Purity~! Whip's Nuzlocke of Light Platinum~! Ezimba19126332298600
WHOOOOO
Man who even needs to earn all these cool things when it's just given to me right off the bat!!
So giving the inside of the Safari Zone lobby, I learn something pretty interesting!
Purity~! Whip's Nuzlocke of Light Platinum~! Ezimba19126343679200
In this mod, there are four different safari zones, one for a corresponding habitat, Marsh, Field, Desert, and Ice.
As this is a Nuzlocke challenge, I feel it's only fair to catch a single Pokemon. But at least it gives me the choice on which habitat I want to catch it from!
Looking at my team of Squirt and Chant, even though they're by no means complete, having a water type and a fire type means I should probably balance them out with something even. Though I'd love to give the Desert or the Ice habitats a try, for the safety of my team, I'm gonna have to hope for a Normal or Grass-type in the Field habitat. =3
Purity~! Whip's Nuzlocke of Light Platinum~! Ezimba19126382573100
Please and Thank you~
And so, with my first foot in the first tile of grass in the area---

Purity~! Whip's Nuzlocke of Light Platinum~! Ezimba19126349792300
*ANGEL CHOIR*
YEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSS
BUN BUN BUN BuN BUN BUN BUN

Purity~! Whip's Nuzlocke of Light Platinum~! Ezimba19126333123100

Interestingly enough, the Safari Zone is treated like a normal battle. I guess that's pretty cool, though I wonder if that means it just gave me the 30 Safari Balls to keep afterwards... that'd be kind of cool. >v>
Nonetheless, BUUUUN.

Purity~! Whip's Nuzlocke of Light Platinum~! Ezimba19126378304500
...Oooor it could give me... no... Safari Balls. That's uh... that's cool too, I guess.
Fine whatever. I'll do this the old fashioned way. c:
And hope Squirt doesn't kill him.
Purity~! Whip's Nuzlocke of Light Platinum~! Ezimba19126385183200
YESSSSSSS
I was so excited to meet our new bun friend that I immediately ran to the exit--

Purity~! Whip's Nuzlocke of Light Platinum~! Ezimba19126314388200
U-uh....

So as it turns out, the Safari Zone has been glitched this entire time. Looking it up, apparently I was supposed to have a normal Safari experience and Safari Balls, etc. etc.
HAhaha;;;
Okay, so thankfully I didn't save in here. Let's just... load it up again and try again. XD

Purity~! Whip's Nuzlocke of Light Platinum~! Ezimba19126376014400
Purity~! Whip's Nuzlocke of Light Platinum~! Ezimba19126363417900
Do you remember when you killed me twice~?

So, I won't submit you guys to all of that again, but needless to say, there wasn't a ton of backtracking to be done. 
Things to note are that Chant is now!! Female!! She also has a Bashful Nature and the Intimidate Ability, so, overall, a lateral move I think. 
So, upon trying the Safari Zone again...

Purity~! Whip's Nuzlocke of Light Platinum~! Ezimba19126314388200
Siiigh...
Luckily, I saved just outside of the Safari Zone. So a quick reload and, perhaps, a different field will help instead?

Purity~! Whip's Nuzlocke of Light Platinum~! Ezimba19126356608200

Awesome! So that worked then! I guess an unfortunate circumstance prevents the Field habitat from loading properly, but hey. Do what you can, right? The Marsh Habitat will have to do!
So! Into the Marsh we go! Let's see who our new not-bun friend will be!

Purity~! Whip's Nuzlocke of Light Platinum~! Ezimba19126385890900
An odd choice for Team Dad, but... I'll take it! Poison types can come in handy, and I quite like Skorupi's design! WELCOME TO THE TEAM, DAD.

But it fled.
Welp. I guess Team Dad isn't a female Skorupi.

Purity~! Whip's Nuzlocke of Light Platinum~! Ezimba19126355526800
What a waste of 500 Poke.

Ah well. I still have Chant, and there's probably some other routes and people to talk to, so let's continue exploring!
To sum up the exploration process...

Purity~! Whip's Nuzlocke of Light Platinum~! Ezimba19126392388500
Horrifying Pichu poster with an Amalgamation-like face hole.

Purity~! Whip's Nuzlocke of Light Platinum~! Ezimba19126393492500

You were almost mine bun. Alllmooooost.

Purity~! Whip's Nuzlocke of Light Platinum~! Ezimba19126369934900

And oh. I guess Kaori is a girl. Whooops. She read to me as a guy, my mistake! XD
She could still do with learning how to spell her own name though--*Shot*
BEsides all this, I also found TM01(still Focus Punch) and an Amulet Coin, the latter of which is extremely helpful and I've planted on Squirt's forehead like he's a cheap aquatic Meowth. c:
Also, as a testament to how forgetful I am, I begun my training (without touching grass; I'll catch a new friend later) on the area to the right, which happened to be Marfeny Lake, where we meet two "familiar" faces~!

Purity~! Whip's Nuzlocke of Light Platinum~! Ezimba19126334695700

So Professor Oak and "Kenta" (it's very clearly Gold but just roll with it) are apparently here by the lake studying Feebas. Kenta becomes so enamoured that he instantly catches one without battling it at all, in what is actually a fairly well-rendered cutscene, right before we break tradition again by saving the second professor in one game.
Because he's being attacked by.... A Feebas.
Mind you, he did just mention that Feebas are brave but nonviolent, though I know for a fact that neither are true, which brings into question what made you think you knew about a Pokemon outside of your region Professor?
Nonetheless, it's, as per usual, up to me, a 10 year old with master linguistic skills, to save the day!!

Purity~! Whip's Nuzlocke of Light Platinum~! Ezimba19126354186600

NOW I NEED YOU GUYS TO BARE WITH ME WHILE I LAUGH HILARIOUSLY HARD.
BECAUSE THE GAME TREATS THIS LIKE A SERIOUS THREAT. I'M NOT KIDDING. LISTEN TO THE MUSIC THAT PLAYS DURING THIS BATTLE.

I'M DEAD SERIOUS. 
FOR A FEEBAS.
I'M FREAKING CRYING.

Purity~! Whip's Nuzlocke of Light Platinum~! Ezimba19126334024200

THE HORROR.

Just before killing it though, I remembered that this was a Nuzlocke challenge.

Purity~! Whip's Nuzlocke of Light Platinum~! Ezimba19126321611700
Purity~! Whip's Nuzlocke of Light Platinum~! Ezimba19126397845200
Purity~! Whip's Nuzlocke of Light Platinum~! Ezimba19126378204400

After defeating that horrific threat, Oak thanks me for saving his life, to which I tell him about Jasmine doing important research on... well, the creation of the universe. 
He's pretty chill about it. Also Kenta is apparently his nephew and not at all Gold.
And then they walk away. Welp. That uh... that certainly happened.
But hey. We walked away with a Feebas as our Team Dad. I can't complain!
Now I have a real reason to enter the Pokemon Contest Hall that I was deliberately ignoring!!
Only... without Thief, I don't have any berries left, which means...
I certainly hope there are other ways to obtain berries in this game. ovo;;;
I MUST EVOLVE TEAM DAD. IT MUST HAPPEN.

Purity~! Whip's Nuzlocke of Light Platinum~! Ezimba19126333390600

Purity~! Whip's Nuzlocke of Light Platinum~! Ezimba19126345289700

...Or not.
As it turns out, all you need is a Water Stone in this mod, which there happened to be one right south of where you first run into this little sucker.
So... I just, have a Milotic now. Neat. Welcome to the team, Team Dad.
Who is actually a mom.
Not the point. THE POINT IS, WE'VE BEEN PUSHING OFF A LONG-NECESSARY TRRRRAAAAINING SESSION~!

Purity~! Whip's Nuzlocke of Light Platinum~! Ezimba19126381081700
Yaaaaaay now Dad can do some form of actual damage!!

Aaaaand that's where it'll have to wrap up for now. Not much in the way of training really, despite that being today's main goal, but I do have work tomorrow and it's currently midnight, so... let's celebrate the small victory of nobody dying!
hooray! =D
With Chant and Team Dad under our belts and the scariest boss battle so far being a brackish-water fish, I think it's safe to be cautiously optimistic about our future. =3

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The Team So Far~!

Purity~! Whip's Nuzlocke of Light Platinum~! 007-- Squirt, Level 15.
Purity~! Whip's Nuzlocke of Light Platinum~! 350 -- Team Dad, Level 6.
Purity~! Whip's Nuzlocke of Light Platinum~! 058-- Growlithe(Chant), Level 8.
--
--
--

Deceased~
 Purity~! Whip's Nuzlocke of Light Platinum~! 239-- Doof, Level 5 - 8. 
Purity~! Whip's Nuzlocke of Light Platinum~! 399 -- Floof, Level 3 - 4.
Purity~! Whip's Nuzlocke of Light Platinum~! Bag_Potion_Sprite -- Free Potion, Level whoopsIforgothewasmyclosestfriendandusedhimduringtraining.

Thank everyone who's following this series for being super cool and going along with it~! I'm having a load of fun playing through this(as evidenced by me updating almost daily so far), and I hope you're all enjoying it as well!
As always, please feel free to leave name suggestions for future friends to be caught! I do allow myself to switch between captured friends, so it's not like after the sixth name, it's suddenly pointless because I'll never see them barring a murder run. =3
And if there's anything you want to suggest I do to make things more entertaining, by all means, feel free to suggest things and I'll take them into consideration! Thanks again, and I hope you all enjoyed. =3
Whip~
Whip~

Back to top Go down

Post by spark tb Wed Dec 02, 2015 1:18 pm

OH MAN, THE CHANT IS EVEN FLUFFY AND HAS A PSUEDO BEARD
I AM SO PUMPED FOR THIS NOOOOOW

also gosh darn glitching safari zones. I'd say 'hack in the bunery', but I don't know if that's really in the spirit of things, sooooo nah
spark tb
spark tb
Expert Member
Expert Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Uncanny-Illustrator Sat Dec 05, 2015 9:48 am

Just for the record, your commentary is adorable, yes.
Uncanny-Illustrator
Uncanny-Illustrator
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Whip~ Fri Feb 19, 2016 7:30 pm

So~! 2+ months is long enough of a break, and I wanna actually be somewhat active here again! So, let's kick this off before I'm dragged back into work for forever, aye? =3
Now where did we leave off at? =3

Purity~! Whip's Nuzlocke of Light Platinum~! 8710
Purity~! Whip's Nuzlocke of Light Platinum~! 8810

Oh right. The Pokemon Center. Last time, we got a Milotic named Team Dad, a Growlithe named Chant, and we levelled up a bit. Oh, and met Kenta and Oak, apparently, but whatever that will probably have like no impact on the story ever.
Anyways! We never did evolve Squirt, so I think I'll dedicate some time to a proper training session this time around!
But first, I might have to actually progress the story a little more, because everything in this area is at an insultingly low level, and thus, giving very little EXP. >>;
So~! Back to Yellow Town we go~! =D

Purity~! Whip's Nuzlocke of Light Platinum~! 8910

And it's Oak again~! 

Purity~! Whip's Nuzlocke of Light Platinum~! 9010
I did no such thing you lying sack of old man.

So Jasmine proceeds to tell Oak about how, with my prestigious help, she's been able to decipher more of the creation myths~!  
Oak finds it absolutely incredible, and brings up his research into Pokemon DNA, which, no, sorry Oak, that's not you. You're a Pokemon Sociologist, Rowan and Juniper are the DNA experts GOSH GUYS THIS ROMHACK IS SOOO INACCURATE--*Slapped*
So Oak decides to read her full report later, heading off to the Radio Tower like the faux-scientific celebrity he is, so he asks her to stuff it on a CD and bounces. 

So after all of that, Jasmine pops the good news; I've been put on the Zaheer League registry, so I'm all set to battle a Gym~! Great~! =D
Purity~! Whip's Nuzlocke of Light Platinum~! 9111

...Thanks for reminding me Professor. 8I
Anyways, with that all set up (and carefully ignoring Mom's house. I can see you breathing in the window mom 8I ), it's now time to head into a new route west of Central City, which means, neeeeew friend~! =D

Purity~! Whip's Nuzlocke of Light Platinum~! 9112
Purity~! Whip's Nuzlocke of Light Platinum~! 9210
SHIIIIIIINX~! =DDDDD

So I used Squirt with a simple Bubble attack to weaken her--
Purity~! Whip's Nuzlocke of Light Platinum~! 9310
*Clutches heart*

L-let's just catch her. c: ;;

Purity~! Whip's Nuzlocke of Light Platinum~! 9410
FIRST TRY AWW YEAH

Purity~! Whip's Nuzlocke of Light Platinum~! 9510
Purity~! Whip's Nuzlocke of Light Platinum~! 9613

First name: Owthe

It occurs to me that, besides maybe Absol, I couldn't have picked a better Pokemon to name "Edge". c:
But yes, with that, Edge the Shinx joins the party~! =D
So, trying to head down further into the route leads to...
Purity~! Whip's Nuzlocke of Light Platinum~! 9910
There's one in every region...

So these jerkoffs with their crap Pokemon are blocking the path. Fine, whatever, I'll just... dawdle around and hopefully poke into some trainers or a new path then.

On a whim, I decided to go visit Oak in the Radio Tower, since that seems to be the only important thing to do right now (and the only grass patch here has criminally low-leveled Pokemon UGH).

Purity~! Whip's Nuzlocke of Light Platinum~! 10010
Oh look, it's not-Gold. (Or Ethan, whatever. c: )

Purity~! Whip's Nuzlocke of Light Platinum~! 10110
Gift? GIMME GIMME

So the gift is, of course, a Pokedex, but not just any Pokedex. The National Dex
Right off the bat. Alright.
Kenta, once again, ditches, stating that we'll have a great battle one day (here's a hint: not likely), and then we're off. Into the great, bold, unknown world as a ten-year-old girl with an encyclopedia and a pet turtle.
This bodes well.

Purity~! Whip's Nuzlocke of Light Platinum~! 10210

wait wait. WAIT. WAIT WHAT
NO OAK. NOOOOOO
I ALREADY CAUGHT A POKEMON IN THIS TOWN (Chant) NOOOOOO
So yeah, he offers one of the three Johto starters, which you can pick one of. But... as we already have Chant, that'll be a no-go for me. ;v;
I don't regret it though. Chant is great and I love her I'm all good. uvu
TEEHEEE
So, with that disappointment out of the way, let's go see if those dumb trainers are done blocking the bridge. 8I

Purity~! Whip's Nuzlocke of Light Platinum~! 10310

So that'll be a yes.

So I'll just fight these two trainers real qu--

Purity~! Whip's Nuzlocke of Light Platinum~! 10410
no
Purity~! Whip's Nuzlocke of Light Platinum~! 10510
NO
Purity~! Whip's Nuzlocke of Light Platinum~! 10610
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Purity~! Whip's Nuzlocke of Light Platinum~! 11210

Haaaa.... awesome. uvu

But yes. At this point, I have to note something unfortunate. XD
If you noted, I didn't put up stat information on Edge. That's because, during this battle with a freaking Venipede by the way, the game crashed.
When I started it back up, I couldn't find another Shinx in the grass. I think this game employs a time-based system, which whilst awesome, probably means it's no longer the proper time of day to catch a Shinx.
So uh... with that said, I had to end up catching a... slightly different "Edge".

Purity~! Whip's Nuzlocke of Light Platinum~! 10710
Purity~! Whip's Nuzlocke of Light Platinum~! 10810 
Purity~! Whip's Nuzlocke of Light Platinum~! 10910
Purity~! Whip's Nuzlocke of Light Platinum~! 11010
Purity~! Whip's Nuzlocke of Light Platinum~! 11111

...Well. It was a fitting name.
Nonetheless, welcome the new-new Edge the Wurmple!
Anyways. c: ;;
Continuing--
Purity~! Whip's Nuzlocke of Light Platinum~! 11310
Oh FOR FRICK's SAKE--

So very-obviously-Lucas points out a Pokemon out in the water in a well-animated cutscene, and then Purity realizes it's a Pichu and--
Purity~! Whip's Nuzlocke of Light Platinum~! 11410
Freaking jumps in after it.

I have to give it to this game. As ridiculous as the treatement is story-wise, I still somehow like Purity, if only because the programmed cutscenes really give her some personality. Like jumping into a lake to save a Pichu. owo
So we dolphin dive several times out of the lake, and Lucas greets us, happy we didn't, like, drown to death.
So the Pichu, as you do, rewards me with a battle~!
Purity~! Whip's Nuzlocke of Light Platinum~! 11510

Only....
I already caught a Pokemon on this route, so....

Purity~! Whip's Nuzlocke of Light Platinum~! 11610
No hard feelings Pichu. c: 

Purity~! Whip's Nuzlocke of Light Platinum~! 11710

So this is Diamond, from the Sinnoh region. He says that even though he's registered as a Rookie, he's not really one and then challenges me to a battle.
Well kid, I don't wanna SAY you're gonna get rocked, but uh, let's wreck this kid Squirt. c:

Purity~! Whip's Nuzlocke of Light Platinum~! 11810

So we battle~! He's pretty tough, but the biggest issue by far is his Elekid. None of my Pokemon are particularly advantageous against him, and not only that--
Purity~! Whip's Nuzlocke of Light Platinum~! 11910
HE ALMOST FREAKING KILLED SQUIRT HOLY CRAP MAN

Purity~! Whip's Nuzlocke of Light Platinum~! 12010

can you hear my sigh of relief

But that thankfully ends with no deaths. And, it results in two evolutions at once~! =D

Purity~! Whip's Nuzlocke of Light Platinum~! 12110 
Purity~! Whip's Nuzlocke of Light Platinum~! 12210
Oh hi there future-Dustox~!

Purity~! Whip's Nuzlocke of Light Platinum~! 12310

Purity~! Whip's Nuzlocke of Light Platinum~! 12410

Freaking finally. This is like, the third time I purported to want to evolve Squirt.

So with those two transformed and the battle won, Diamond proceeds to congratulate me for my victory~! Then he runs off to go challenge a gym, and I'm left to be free of my own devices~!
Which involve a beeline to the Pokemon Center once again. c: ;;
Purity~! Whip's Nuzlocke of Light Platinum~! 12510
Bless you Nurse Joy.

So, back on Route 402, I barrel through a few trainers who have obscenely high levels compared to the wild Pokemon, but then it turns out that at the end, there's... another route.

Purity~! Whip's Nuzlocke of Light Platinum~! 12610
...Huh.
Well, with work coming up very soon and a new route ahead of us(combined with the fact that I'M OUT OF NAMES TO USE FOR NEW FRIENDS HAHAHA;;; ), I think it's time to call it here~!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The Team So Far~!

Purity~! Whip's Nuzlocke of Light Platinum~! 008-- Squirt, Level 16.
Purity~! Whip's Nuzlocke of Light Platinum~! 350 -- Team Dad, Level 6.
Purity~! Whip's Nuzlocke of Light Platinum~! 058-- Growlithe(Chant), Level 10.
Purity~! Whip's Nuzlocke of Light Platinum~! 268-- Edge, Level 7.
--
--

Deceased~

Thanks again for keeping up with this~! I know it's been a while since the last one, but as this is more of a fun little thing to do from time to time, I hope you'll all forgive the time spans. XD
Also, please throw more names at me~! I could do with a bunch of them, as there are many friends to be had~! =3
Whip~
Whip~

Back to top Go down

Post by Spekkal Sat Feb 20, 2016 10:32 am

Team Dad as a name always just never fails to make me laugh. It's so utterly bizarre.
And oh god. something tells me you'll be scarred by Venipedes for life. Whip, Whip I'm so sorry.

(Also you should totally call your next one Disappointment )
Spekkal
Spekkal
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by spark tb Sat Feb 20, 2016 12:52 pm

...Huh, I've never done a nuzlocke, so I was always under the assumption that you could take pokemon offered to you, even if you'd already caught one on a route. The more you know!

Also we cannot let ourselves be tormented by this bug-eyed threat any longer! We must learn to defeat our fear, and move onwards with our lives! So, to do so, we must name a pokemon Venipede! SHOW THE WORLD THE NAME HOLDS NO SWAY OVER YOU
spark tb
spark tb
Expert Member
Expert Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Whip~ Sun Feb 21, 2016 8:41 am

Spark wrote:So, to do so, we must name a pokemon Venipede!

I hate you.

Well, let's get this thing started then. =3

Purity~! Whip's Nuzlocke of Light Platinum~! 12710
Purity~! Whip's Nuzlocke of Light Platinum~! 12810

So! About to embark on the new route~! About to catch a new friend~!
Those fancy-looking trees on the upper left there are actually headbutt-able, which would have been cool! Unfortunately, I have no Pokemon with the move Headbutt, so we'll have to catch a bog-standard bushmeat. XD

Purity~! Whip's Nuzlocke of Light Platinum~! 12910

...Ooorrrr not. >o>
Hey, if I can make it through this route without encountering a wild Pokemon, then maybe I can come back with a headbutt-equipped Pokemon and catch a tree-dweller~! =O
I'll try that. But meanwhile, trainers and junk to clear one sec. c:
Surprisingly, that guy there that looks like a trainer actually gave me a Full Restore. What a stand up dude. =)
But a little further up north, we have this guy.
Purity~! Whip's Nuzlocke of Light Platinum~! 13010
Sup Diamond.
He's so focused on the tree that when I pass by, he totally ignores me, but trying to walk too far away from him snapped him out of it and dragged me back anyways. =v=

Purity~! Whip's Nuzlocke of Light Platinum~! 13110
Um yes?? We've met???

Oh. Whoops. It's not Diamond, it's actually Red, from the Kanto Region.
Who looks identical to Diamond. For some... reason.
And despite being from the Kanto region, he has a... Croagunk. Alright.
So he explains that the tree we're both now rigidly staring at has fruits on it, which attract rare Pokemon to it. That's such a nice explanation that I'm mad that isn't canon in the Pokeverse, but whatever. He continues by saying that all you need to catch them is a Pokemon with Headbutt, which, thanks Red, I figured out on my own.
Predictably(though also gratefully!), he hands over the TM for headbutt~! =D
NOW OUR NEW FRIEND CAN COME FROM A TREE YESSSS
Thanks Red you're already leagues better than Diamond and Kenta. ccc:
And yes, it's a bit strange that pretty much all the main characters from every continuity at once are all here and making friends with Purity, but look. If you're still complaining about the story of this game, then maybe just play a different one. At this point, I'm just kind of... tuning out the story in favour of the great gameplay. XD
But yes~! Let's stick that Headbutt TM on Chant and catch a new friend!

Purity~! Whip's Nuzlocke of Light Platinum~! 13210

Purity~! Whip's Nuzlocke of Light Platinum~! 13310

...Um.
Nothing happened. L-let's try again.
So, it seems that these trees in this general area are tapped out, so uh, I guess I'll hope there are some more later on in the route. XD
Which it turns out, there are! But trainer battles first, so let's take care of those.
And finally, I hit a tree, and a Pokemon comes out!!

Purity~! Whip's Nuzlocke of Light Platinum~! 13410
Purity~! Whip's Nuzlocke of Light Platinum~! 13511
*siiiiiigh*

Purity~! Whip's Nuzlocke of Light Platinum~! 13610

Purity~! Whip's Nuzlocke of Light Platinum~! 13711

Purity~! Whip's Nuzlocke of Light Platinum~! 13810

I COULDN'T HAVE PICKED A BETTER NAME IF. I. TRIED.

Well, I'm not gonna show off his stats because I'm not gonna use him. Using a Male Combee is asking for it to get one-shot, so uh... sorry Disappoint. For your own safety, I'm dropping you off on the farm--
Wait.
Wait wait wait, can we... roll this back real quick.
Purity~! Whip's Nuzlocke of Light Platinum~! 13711
I.... I beg your pardon? ovo
Purity~! Whip's Nuzlocke of Light Platinum~! 13910
Six foot seven inches? OVO
Are you freaking joking? ovo
That's like, almost a foot taller than me?? OVO
So uh, now I'm tempted to look back through all the archives and see if all the entries were this uh... inaccurate? Or... did purity catch the world's biggest Combee?? OVO

*ahem*

Either way, let's press on. =3
Another problem arises, however; I don't have anymore Pokeballs, and the Mart in Central City doesn't offer any(I would know; I accidentally bought 6 potions and 7 antidotes thinking they were Pokeballs and Potions, respectively =^= ), so... Here's hoping there are no new routes up ahead!

Purity~! Whip's Nuzlocke of Light Platinum~! 14010
oh nvm lol.

Also, whilst fighting a trainer, Edge evolved again!
Purity~! Whip's Nuzlocke of Light Platinum~! 14110
Purity~! Whip's Nuzlocke of Light Platinum~! 14210
Yaaay, now you're useful~!

And now--
Purity~! Whip's Nuzlocke of Light Platinum~! 14310
GOSH FREAKING DARN IT ARE YOU KIDDING

I'D LIKE TO GO TWO STEPS WITHOUT ANOTHER IMPORTANT CHARACTER LUNGING AT MY FACE!

Purity~! Whip's Nuzlocke of Light Platinum~! 14410
No. Only disappointment.

So she introduces herself as Jessica, leader of the Inore Gym and official rule-breaker of the punny names. She tells me that the Combee are going nuts and attacking people for no reason on this route, though uh, the only Combee who have attacked me were well within reason to, as I was headbutting their trees. So...
She then uses her Vespiquen to cut down these trees, which, FYI, is a MASSIVE WASTE OF A VESPIQUEN ARE YOU KIDDING ME.
*ahem*
Either way, new route time. =3
Purity~! Whip's Nuzlocke of Light Platinum~! 14510

Now let's see who can befriend us first!
Unfortunately, taking TWO STEPS ON THE BRIDGE ran me into--
Purity~! Whip's Nuzlocke of Light Platinum~! 14610
UGGGGGH

GET OUT OF HERE KENTA. I JUST WANT TO POKEMON IN PEACE HOLY CRAP.
And oh crap. He immediately challenges me to a battle. Only, I haven't trained yet, and have Team Dad, at level 8, in the front of my team.
...Let's cross our fingers. 

Purity~! Whip's Nuzlocke of Light Platinum~! 14710
Purity~! Whip's Nuzlocke of Light Platinum~! 14810
AHAHAHAHAHA CHAAAAAANT COME SAVE US PLEASE

Purity~! Whip's Nuzlocke of Light Platinum~! 14910

Your friendly neighborhood Elder One, to the rescue~!

anyways, the battle goes off mostly uninteresting from there. He has all baby Pokemon and a Totodile, which critically hit Squirt three times in a row. Fricken' Gen III critical hit ratio man. 8I
But yeah, he sucks my lady--, er, power, and tells me all about my powerful Pokemon. As if I need to hear that from you pal c:

Purity~! Whip's Nuzlocke of Light Platinum~! 15010
Sorry friend, I don't have all eternity. c:

So I continue on in the forest, hoping for an exit into the next city but instead hitting trainer after trainer. The path behind me is long and I'm stocked, but not super stocked, so I'm hoping to hit Inhore soon...

Something to note is that one of the trainers had a Shinx. This Shinx--
No.
THIS SHINX
I used Chant as she is currently the only one on my team who can stand up to electric-types, and she almost died four times to it I ended up going through all six of my potions, my super potion, my Max Potion, AND MY FULL RESTORE, just to keep her alive.

And then I realized the Shinx didn't have a single electric-type attack.

Purity~! Whip's Nuzlocke of Light Platinum~! 15110

I hate this game sometimes.
And as if that wasn't enough, immediately after that, THIS happened:
Purity~! Whip's Nuzlocke of Light Platinum~! 15210
are you freaking for real?

The bees chased me away without a fight thankfully, though now I'm curious as heck to find out what it is they're protecting...
Still, more trainer fights ahead and I'm worried, mostly due to the prospect of running into another electric-type. I need something to counter them, fast. So... with that thought in mind, I decide to forgo any potentially rare Pokemon I might have a chance at later and instead try my chances with a wild Pokemon.

Purity~! Whip's Nuzlocke of Light Platinum~! 15310
...Well fRICK

Purity~! Whip's Nuzlocke of Light Platinum~! 15410

*grumblegrumble*

Purity~! Whip's Nuzlocke of Light Platinum~! 15510

Regular-sounding height... I guess the Combee was just an oversight? ovo

Purity~! Whip's Nuzlocke of Light Platinum~! 15610

Thank goodness Spark's dumb name fell upon a Pokemon that I will NOT be using. c:

Well, that was a bust. Let's just try our luck against the next few trainers then...

So uh... This is a move I consider despicable, but... Another Shinx appeared. And it nearly killed Chant. And this one does know an electric attack.
And... I only need one free turn to beat it. Which... means....

Purity~! Whip's Nuzlocke of Light Platinum~! 15710
I'm... sorry Venipede. You didn't deserve this.

~R.I.P Veni--

Purity~! Whip's Nuzlocke of Light Platinum~! 15810

He used Tackle.
Venipede survived.
Purity~! Whip's Nuzlocke of Light Platinum~! 15910
!!!!!!
Purity~! Whip's Nuzlocke of Light Platinum~! 16010

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

VENIPEDE I AM SO SORRY ABOUT EVERYTHING I EVER SAID ABOUT YOU. YOU HAVE SOLIDIFIED YOUR SPOT ON THIS TEAM FOR FREAKING EVER HOLY FREAKING CRAP I LOVE THE GUTS OUT OF YOU AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Purity~! Whip's Nuzlocke of Light Platinum~! 16110
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

Thankfully, Squirt proved to be way stronger than I thought, and he took care of that other Shinx as well with two well-placed and lucky Water Guns. Holy fricken Bouffalant 
This game is going to kill me.
Stealthily dodging the rest of the trainers, I come across the most beautiful sight I've ever seen.
Purity~! Whip's Nuzlocke of Light Platinum~! 16210
*ANGELIC CHOIR*

I JUST DASHED OUT AS FAST AS MY RUNNING-SHOELESS LIL TEN-YEAR-OLD BODY WOULD LET ME AND DUCKED IN, AND SPOTTED INHORE CITY, AFTER ALL THIS TIME~!!
Purity~! Whip's Nuzlocke of Light Platinum~! 16410

And look. It's Jessica again. And you can only see a few pixels of them in the screenshot, but there are Combee buzzing around town.
Seriously what the heck. Does NO ONE have a Fire-type around here?
But yes. Jessica does indeed freak out about the little babby bees infesting the city, with a nice pan to the whole city being overrun by them. A very creative way to show off the town, I'll admit. =3

Purity~! Whip's Nuzlocke of Light Platinum~! 16510
OF C O UR  S E ONE IS BLOCKING THE POKEMON CENTER. OF. COURSE.

Jessica explains that until all these bees are sorted out, she can't reopen the Gym. She then points out that their hive must be in the forest, which is all good and dandy, but I'm not doing jack crap so SHUT UP AND LET ME HEAL. I'LL FIGHT YOU COMBEE.
But in my rage, I almost missed something... strange.
Purity~! Whip's Nuzlocke of Light Platinum~! 16610
There's a second Pokemon Center.

And this one's unblocked.
...Sure I'M SO DOWN YOU DON't EVEN KNOW OKAY.

Purity~! Whip's Nuzlocke of Light Platinum~! 16710
AND AGAIN, BLESS YOU NURSE JOY.

So now, I guess the only right thing to do... is to go wreck face with my healed-up team. c:
Let's do it, Chant, Venipede. cccc:
Of course, upon closer inspection, I can't actually fight any of the Combee. Just as well, that building in the cutscene I thought was a second Pokemon Center was actually the Inhore Gym, which just looks incredibly similar, though notably different, from the Center. Oops.
Purity~! Whip's Nuzlocke of Light Platinum~! 16810
So Harmonious.

Ah well, I guess I should help Jessica fight off that hive then. =3
(Side note; this happened on the way to the hive:
Purity~! Whip's Nuzlocke of Light Platinum~! 16910
and I can't stop laughing)

Purity~! Whip's Nuzlocke of Light Platinum~! 17010
MOTHER F--

AUGHRUGHHG
I WILL NEVER FORGIVE YOU YOU FR E AK I NG  VENIPEDE
VENIPEDES ARE THE BAN E. OF. MY. LI FE.
I was so proud of Venipede too...
He... saved my life so hard.

R. I. P: Venipede. LV 9 - 10.

I hate this forest. And I hate Venipedes.

Whatever.
So up on the Hive--
Purity~! Whip's Nuzlocke of Light Platinum~! 17110 
I. WILL. CHOKE. YOU. OUT.
In this battle, it ironically comes to turn that Squirt is the best match against Shinx, who otherwise completely demolishes my team without trying. And thanks to the Combee, I can't even access the PokeMart for healing items.
So needless to say, Team Steam is really starting to tick me off, along with the rest of this forest. 8I
So after three grunt fights(and multiple visits to the Pokemon Center because this game has ZERO SENSE OF PACING *grumblegrumble*), we finally find Jessica and her Vespiquen duking it out with some other person.
Purity~! Whip's Nuzlocke of Light Platinum~! 17210
I like to imagine she's being facetious in the light of HOW OBVIOUS IT IS WHAT THE PROBLEM IS.

So it turns out Team Steam was testing some capture equipment on the Combee as practice for a legendary Pokemon, which begs the question why they thought a Combee could be compared to a legendary Pokemon
But then
Purity~! Whip's Nuzlocke of Light Platinum~! 17310

Purity~! Whip's Nuzlocke of Light Platinum~! 17410

Prove me wrong.

Yeah blah blah I'm an important member of Team Steam whatever. You know how this goes it's fight time c:
Only, not for me.
Instead, I watch a cutscene of Jasmine fighting Shelia, in which her Vespiquen fights against Shelia's Drifblim. I'm not sure if that's supposed to be a creative way of letting me know what kinds of Pokemon and moves they both have before I inevitably fight them, but I kind of like it. 
Anyways, Jessica loses, but still praises her Vespiquen, and then Shelia tries to finish off Jessica personally with a Shadow Ball.
And like. Holy crap.
Let me repeat, she tries to kill Jessica with a Shadow Ball. 
That's...
that's balls. That's some serious balls. I approve. Shelia best villain. 
But of course, I'm not just gonna stand by and let that happen. c:
Purity~! Whip's Nuzlocke of Light Platinum~! 17511
...*ahem*

Purity~! Whip's Nuzlocke of Light Platinum~! 17610

Better. c: 

So Shelia, as expected, is mostly a Ghost-type trainer. Besides her Poocheyana, her whole team consists of Ghosts, but thankfully, they're all weak as nads and both Squirt and Chant have Bite, which helps out a lot.
Even the big one I was worried about, Drifblim, ends up going down without too much hassle. Overall a, thankfully, simple fight. =3

After the fight, Shelia pulls the mysterious disappearance and Jessica thanks me for saving her hide. She should basically be giving me the badge right now, because I just proved that I can beat someone who beat her. But no, she simply thanks me and states that she can't wait to see me in the Gym.
Ah well, better that than nothing. Now's the time to go and stock up on items, since the Combee should hopefully have chilled the heck out by now.

Indeed, the villagers are now out and about. In fact, some lady gave me a fancy-sounding TM for keeps~! =D
Purity~! Whip's Nuzlocke of Light Platinum~! 17710
OwO

Purity~! Whip's Nuzlocke of Light Platinum~! 17810

....Oh.

Well, not useless, but not quite what I was hoping for. =~=
Anyways, I decided at this point to go ahead and do a little skipping around town to see what it has to offer, just so not to bore you guys with the details. In essence:

Purity~! Whip's Nuzlocke of Light Platinum~! 17910
SAME LADY. S A M E.

Purity~! Whip's Nuzlocke of Light Platinum~! 18010

yESSSSSSSSS
*BACKDROPS IT ON TEAM DAD'S HEAD*

Purity~! Whip's Nuzlocke of Light Platinum~! 18110

Wow rude. Think you're so fancy just because you're in a University, getting advanced education.

Purity~! Whip's Nuzlocke of Light Platinum~! 18210

YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES

Purity~! Whip's Nuzlocke of Light Platinum~! 18310

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Purity~! Whip's Nuzlocke of Light Platinum~! 18410 
Purity~! Whip's Nuzlocke of Light Platinum~! 18510

I can't name her yet due to the Gift-Pokemon glitch, but when I can, her name will be Arceus.
You know, as you do. c:

Purity~! Whip's Nuzlocke of Light Platinum~! 18610
Ooooo... Mystery. owo

Purity~! Whip's Nuzlocke of Light Platinum~! 18711

Holy fricken crap. okay. We just jumped from Potions and no Pokeballs to.... Hyper/Max potions and Ultra balls. ovo

This presents an interesting problem. I can't afford as many ultra balls and Hyper Potions as I could Pokeballs and regular Potions, and they're about equally as useful at this point. This kind of forces me to have less items than I'd otherwise have, which is creative, but sucks hard.
I guess I have to play it smart.
Which of course means I'm going to abuse the EXP Share and train everyone to a satisfactory level, with emphasis on Chant and Arceus~ uwu

And for now, we'll call it here! Lots and lots have happened, and when I pick back up next time, I'll probably just grind a little more in preparation for the Gym Leader fight~!
Still. We made a friend, we lost a friend, and we made another friend yet still. Venipede, you will be missed. VENIPEDE, go choke on a pike and thrust it in and our of your larynx violently. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The Team So Far~!

Purity~! Whip's Nuzlocke of Light Platinum~! 008-- Squirt, Level 22.
Purity~! Whip's Nuzlocke of Light Platinum~! 350 -- Team Dad, Level 12.
Purity~! Whip's Nuzlocke of Light Platinum~! 058-- Growlithe(Chant), Level 15.
Purity~! Whip's Nuzlocke of Light Platinum~! 269-- Edge, Level 12.
Purity~! Whip's Nuzlocke of Light Platinum~! 255-- Torchic(Arceus), Level 14
--

Deceased~
Purity~! Whip's Nuzlocke of Light Platinum~! 276 -- Venipede, Level 9 - 10

Don't forget to toss me name ideas~! And anything else you might think I could do to spice up the run~! Thanks again for your time, and I hope I was able to entertain you all with this installment~! ^v^
Whip~
Whip~

Back to top Go down

Post by Spekkal Sun Feb 21, 2016 10:56 am

Well that was a pretty big disappointment.
And oh my god, fucking RIP to Venipede. They were so close to levelling up. Whip. Whip I'm so sorry. Looks like Venipede was no match for Venipede.

And I mean, we have a Shelia there.
So why not do Vas for a name, eh?
Spekkal
Spekkal
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by spark tb Sun Feb 21, 2016 12:40 pm

...Well shit, I guess Venipede had that coming. Karma for the name stealing, I guess... hmm.. looks like we'll need to find another way to deal with the Venipede menace! WHICH MEANS WE NEED ANOTHER VENIPEDE UP IN HERE

... also if we're going to do Bar'd names [you know, the ones that aren't banned]...  B.W.U.P, because I doubt bouncer wake up procedures will fit.
spark tb
spark tb
Expert Member
Expert Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Whip~ Sun Feb 21, 2016 11:12 pm

Spark wrote:WHICH MEANS WE NEED ANOTHER VENIPEDE UP IN HERE

No.

Anyways, I wanna thank you guys for like, putting up with me and junk~! I'm having loads of fun spamming the forum with my posts and generally Pokemonning again, and I appreciate the attention this gets. CX

So, between last time and this, I went ahead and trained everyone except for Edge, who doesn't really have anywhere reliable to train. In the process, Arceus evolved as well~! =D

Purity~! Whip's Nuzlocke of Light Platinum~! 18810
Purity~! Whip's Nuzlocke of Light Platinum~! 18910
Stiiiill can't rename her.

So yeah~! Let's get started, shall we? =3

Purity~! Whip's Nuzlocke of Light Platinum~! 19010
Purity~! Whip's Nuzlocke of Light Platinum~! 19110

The Gym is open, my team is (tentatively) ready... Let's get this over with! First Gym here we go! >=D

Purity~! Whip's Nuzlocke of Light Platinum~! 19210
HRHGHRUDOFHGSADSDLFHGH?RHGNFHG

WHAT. WHAT DO YOU WANT RED. GET OUT OF THE FRICKEN WAY AUGHTGH
Purity~! Whip's Nuzlocke of Light Platinum~! 19310
WHAT?
NO.
NON O NO I"M NOT READY TO FIGHT SOMEONE LIKE YOU MY FIRST POKEMON IS CHANT BECAUSE I WAS EXPECTING TO FIGHT BUG POKEMON!!!
N O RED STOP--
Purity~! Whip's Nuzlocke of Light Platinum~! 19410
UGHGHHHHHHH

So we have to fight Red. Awesome. Great, really. 
As you could have guessed, his first Pokemon is a PIkachu, which, great. An Electric Type. Awesome. And as a running gag, Chant becomes paralyzed, which of course paralyzes her three times in a row whilst the Pikachu Tail-Whips her.
Luckily, my team is slightly less vulnerable to electric types now.
Purity~! Whip's Nuzlocke of Light Platinum~! 19510
I'm going to double-kick your overused face into the dirt.

Funnily enough, it doesn't have any electric-type attacks besides Thunder Wave, which is freaking AGGRIVATING BECAUSE I WAS TERRIFIED AND JUST
GAH. *throws arms in the air*
The Pikachu goes down without much of a fight after that, and Red then throws out a Turtwig for... some reason. I guess. Sure he's from Kanto but just let him have a Turtwig why not.
Chant, of course, eats him alive(though not before another three turns straight of paralysis in which the Turtwig spams Curse, just don't get me started), and since I already know his third Pokemon is a Croagunk, I immediately switch over to Edge, since he has a pretty strong type advantage against a Poison/Fight type. =3
Except... his last Pokemon is a... Riolu.
So I guess he??? murdered his Croagunk and formed a Riolu from it's corpse, 

I'm going with that.
Purity~! Whip's Nuzlocke of Light Platinum~! 19610
Have fun piecing him back together. c:

So he loses, calls me lucky (UM EXCUSE YOU PUNK??), and then gives me HMO1, Cut~!
Handy! Dunno who I should give that to though, but I'll figure it out.
Actually...
Purity~! Whip's Nuzlocke of Light Platinum~! 19710
Purity~! Whip's Nuzlocke of Light Platinum~! 19810
You just CONTINUE to live up to your name right now.

So yeah, only Arceus can learn Cut, and I'm not gonna give it to her, so for now, I'll just make do without. If it ends up being that I absolutely NEED to give it to her, I will, but hopefully I'll pick up a friend later who can learn it. =3
Anyways, let's heal up and head back to the Gym FOR REAL THIS TIME.

Purity~! Whip's Nuzlocke of Light Platinum~! 19910

Alright, so it looks nice. No real gimmicks(which are my least favourite part about modern Pokemon Gyms anyways), some Combee just buzzing around freely, and a couple of trainers to fight. Let's get right to it then~! =D

Purity~! Whip's Nuzlocke of Light Platinum~! 20010
Subtle.

So remember when I said there was no gimmick here?
Purity~! Whip's Nuzlocke of Light Platinum~! 20110
I lied. And it's a creative one too.
There are beehives all over the place, and interacting with them throws a Combee at your face. This is interesting, because the hives don't seem to run out of Combee, so this could potentially be a good training spot for a little while...
But yes, after a few goes to see if there were any Vespiquen in there (hint; there aren't), I went on to actually challenge the gym. XD
The trainers mostly use a bunch of bug types, as expected, and Chant serves me well just burning them all down. I'd like to use Arceus to fight here as well, but I know Combee are Bug/Flying, and I don't want to risk one of them using gust or something. Not to mention the spare Butterfree here and there.
Also Team Dad learned her fourth move.
Purity~! Whip's Nuzlocke of Light Platinum~! 20210
Tha-that's... that's just... fantastic Team Dad. R-really.

But after some refreshingly straight-forward battles with no surprises or even close-deaths, we make it to the Gym Leader, Jessica!

Purity~! Whip's Nuzlocke of Light Platinum~! 20310
That's actually really cool that she stands next to her Vespiquen like that. owo

Purity~! Whip's Nuzlocke of Light Platinum~! 20410

Well said Vespiquen.

Purity~! Whip's Nuzlocke of Light Platinum~! 20510

Then let's get started. >=D

Purity~! Whip's Nuzlocke of Light Platinum~! 20610
Purity~! Whip's Nuzlocke of Light Platinum~! 20710
Old!Team Dad. We meet again.

The battle kicks off with a Skorupi, as you can see, and it gets in exactly one Poison Sting before Chant wrecks its face. 
Then she throws out a Whirlipede, and I have a mini-heart attack just from seeing it. Luckily, a quick switch to Arceus burns the trash, which leads to her immediately coming out with Vespiquen.
A Vespiquen that somehow turns Fury Swipes into a horrifying move. Holy freaking Crap Chant fell to 1 HP and I quickly scrambled to shove Hyper Potions down her throat like mad.
Purity~! Whip's Nuzlocke of Light Platinum~! 20810
But alls' well that ends well. c=

Jessica's last pokemon ends up being an Ariados, which is pretty cool~! =D
But Arceus takes care of that, and the battle is over. c:
Purity~! Whip's Nuzlocke of Light Platinum~! 20910
Thanks, I am pretty awesome. c:

So I get the badge with all the fanfare of finding a potion on the ground, and she also hands over the TM06, Toxic. A move that... she... never actually used in the battle proper.
But whatever. Got me a badge, got me a TM, now on to the next area! =D

Heading north through an exit that this round guy previously blocked off caused him to want to give me something though.
Purity~! Whip's Nuzlocke of Light Platinum~! 21110
WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
YES STRANGER. GIVE IT TO ME, I WANT THEM!!!!
OOOH IT'S GREAT TO RUN EVEN IF THE RUNNING ANIMATION LOOKS A LITTLE SILLY. IT'S SO FREE AND RELIEVING I CAN MOVE SO FAST 
huuuu... uvu

*ahem*
Anyways, northward bound!
Purity~! Whip's Nuzlocke of Light Platinum~! 21210
*insert error joke here*

New route, which means new friend!! Let's hope it's someone good and/or someone who can learn Cut. XD

Purity~! Whip's Nuzlocke of Light Platinum~! 21310
PREACH IT SISTER. NORMAL-TYPE MASTER RACE.

Purity~! Whip's Nuzlocke of Light Platinum~! 21410

And our first friend(via bashing Chant's brains in on a tree) is a Heracross! And our first male friend since getting Squirt! XD
Let's give him a good catch!

Purity~! Whip's Nuzlocke of Light Platinum~! 21510
Purity~! Whip's Nuzlocke of Light Platinum~! 21610
Wait... what was the next name on the list?

Purity~! Whip's Nuzlocke of Light Platinum~! 21710

...Pf... pFFFHAHAHAHAAHHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

YES. PERFECT. HAHAHAHAHAAH THIS IS THE BEST THANK YOU SPEKKALhAHAHAHA

Purity~! Whip's Nuzlocke of Light Platinum~! 21810
Purity~! Whip's Nuzlocke of Light Platinum~! 21910
Welcome to the team, Vas. XD

With that, let's continue, after dumping Cut onto him of course. XD
Travelling further up north reveals a couple of Ace Trainers battling each other.
Purity~! Whip's Nuzlocke of Light Platinum~! 22010
Their battle ends as soon as they notice me, and then...

Purity~! Whip's Nuzlocke of Light Platinum~! 22110Purity~! Whip's Nuzlocke of Light Platinum~! 22310
Purity~! Whip's Nuzlocke of Light Platinum~! 22210Purity~! Whip's Nuzlocke of Light Platinum~! 22410
Oh frick.

So now I'm fighting Lunick and Solana. Seperately, thankfully, but still, two battles in a row are you kidding me.
Lunick's fight is nothing special, with his scariest Pokemon being Luxio that Arceus takes down without a problem. 
Then Solana... just ditches. Despite having wanted to fight me.
Ah... whatever, I'm not complaining about an endurance run. They split up and decide to do their own things, and now the path is freed up to continue on~!
I'm sure they, like almost everyone else at this point, won't ever show up again. 8I

Along the route, I pick up TM35, Flamethrower, which is cool! But, both of my Fire Types right now will naturally learn Flamethrower later, so I figure, might as well save it. XD
Also, this happens.
Purity~! Whip's Nuzlocke of Light Platinum~! 22511
Hey kid... wanna learn how to use a rod?

He sits through a small cutscene with me in which he teaches me how to catch a Pokemon via fishing rod, only... He catches a Gyarados.
And proceeds to fight it.
With his bare hands.
And afterwards, shrugs it off as "that was rather strong for these waters, but at least you learned how to fish!"

This guy is my hero.
He also gave me a Good Rod, which is awesome, as now, if there's ever a city that doesn't give me a free Pokemon, I can just find a lake somewhere in it and catch one myself. =3
The rest of the route isn't very noteworthy, except for a Pinsir that tried my entire team and gave me a heart attack. Seriously, Seismic toss is such a garbage move holy crap I hate.
But everyone's okay, and we head on... to the next route~!
Purity~! Whip's Nuzlocke of Light Platinum~! 22610

I can't remember if Pokemon games usually had routes interconnected like this, but nonetheless, might as well! This means it's time for a new friend again~!
Only, I'm gonna go ahead and cut grass, just to see if there might be another method of catching a new friend instead that I might abuse. Purity~! Whip's Nuzlocke of Light Platinum~! 22710
Purity: Professional LawnMower

Just passed the grass is a farm as well~! owo
Purity~! Whip's Nuzlocke of Light Platinum~! 22810
PLEASE LET ME HAVE A MILTANK PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE

Also, the nice trainer just below me was actually Luana, who I can only guess is the evil twin sister to Solana from earlier. c:
and she had a Vulpix.
Purity~! Whip's Nuzlocke of Light Platinum~! 22910
I want.
Your Vulpix.
Give it to me.

Regardless, upon entering the farmhouse...
Purity~! Whip's Nuzlocke of Light Platinum~! 23010
YES. PLEASE BE A MILTANK. My KINGDOM FOR A MILTANK!!!
Purity~! Whip's Nuzlocke of Light Platinum~! 23110

AIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

MILTANK MY BAE. MY BABY BAE BABY BABBU BUU I LOVE YOOOOOU CCCCX

Purity~! Whip's Nuzlocke of Light Platinum~! 23210
FRICK.
I need to find a Pokemon Center, STAT.
Purity~! Whip's Nuzlocke of Light Platinum~! 23310

NO. GET OUT OF THE WAY KENTA.
Purity~! Whip's Nuzlocke of Light Platinum~! 23410

KENTA N   O . I HAVE NO HEALING ITEMS AND HALF MY TEAM IS INJURED!!
Purity~! Whip's Nuzlocke of Light Platinum~! 23510

AUGHGUGNGINEHfVOUHGODUVNOFUG

Thankfully, his team was a group of pushovers. Though I swear, his Magby was roided out. A Baby pokemon should A) not be level 21, and B) not take out half of my health from a not-very-effective attack on a Wartortle the same level as it.
Nonetheless, he thankfully did not trip me up with his stupid ambush battle. 8I
Purity~! Whip's Nuzlocke of Light Platinum~! 23610
Shut up and get out of here Kenta.

Anyways, as he leaves, I find out that this whole area is a big farm. The Hyor Farm, to be precise. Which is awesome. I love farms in video games. owo
and then another heavenly moment. owo
Purity~! Whip's Nuzlocke of Light Platinum~! 23710
yESSSSSSS

Moomoo Milk is the best. It's cost-effective and better than even Soda Pop in terms of burst-healing. It's my absolute favourite healing item in all the games, even when you have to buy them one-at-a-time like in Black and White.
And I can just bulk-buy them here.

Purity~! Whip's Nuzlocke of Light Platinum~! 23810

Worth every cent.

But yes. As I need an empty space in my inventory to get that Miltank, I'm gonna have to find the next POkecenter, sooooo~!
Moving on--
Purity~! Whip's Nuzlocke of Light Platinum~! 23910
Oh. Snorlax.
Well, the girl there says that she's the owner of the Honey Shop in Inhore City, and that if I buy some from her, we can use it to move those Snorlax.
For a moment, I was terrified I'd be forced to fight those Snorlax first before I could get my Miltank, but thankfully, I still have a chance. XD
So, I guess it's time to cut that grass again and slink back to Inhore City, where I can at least drop off one of my friends first~

Purity~! Whip's Nuzlocke of Light Platinum~! 24010
Thanks for the service, Edge~ =3

I decided to drop off Edge, just because she, like many beginner Bug-type Pokemon, start to lose their advantage of early evolution later on in the game. I don't wanna risk her life against future Pokemon who'll be much stronger than what we're facing already, so... Stay safe Edge. =3
...I should send Edge and Disappoint to mum. 
But she's probably used to being on the Edge of Disappointment already c:
*SLAPPED*

A~ny~ways, let's go buy that honey, get our new friend, and bypass those Snorlax~ =3

Purity~! Whip's Nuzlocke of Light Platinum~! 24110
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF--

Okay. That was my fault. Hindsight, huh? =^=
I went ahead and sold my Rare Candy I found earlier to buy myself a few Honeys. Might be useful to catch Pokemon in a tree at some point, provided I can't find anything else. =3
Back at the farm, we get our new friend, BWUP(Bwup for kindness' sake).
Purity~! Whip's Nuzlocke of Light Platinum~! 24210
Heeeeee CCCCX

Purity~! Whip's Nuzlocke of Light Platinum~! 24310 
Purity~! Whip's Nuzlocke of Light Platinum~! 24410

Would'a preferred Scrappy, but this'll do nicely. C:

Next, Snorlax. >=)
Those two slugs are sleeping on Nyan Point, a name so ridiculous it had to be on purpose. XD
But yes, let's wake these two sleepyheads up with some Honey. =3
Purity~! Whip's Nuzlocke of Light Platinum~! 24510
Purity... baby... that's NOT where you should put the Honey.
Purity~! Whip's Nuzlocke of Light Platinum~! 24610

BATTLE START!

Purity~! Whip's Nuzlocke of Light Platinum~! 24710

Battle Over. c:

A quick battle, but I should be grateful. He used Belly Drum, which made my heart stop because I was worried he'd proceed to wreck shop.
But fortunately, he just kept using Defense Curl(which, because of his size, had a wonderful graphical glitch where he flew off the screen; this causes me to believe that the creator went in an reprogrammed every single Pokemon, which is freaking nuts), and the battle was done with. uvu
Purity~! Whip's Nuzlocke of Light Platinum~! 24810
And with one to spare~ c:

Continuing on--
Purity~! Whip's Nuzlocke of Light Platinum~! 24910
AURGH THERE ARE WILD TAUROS HERE??? I WANT ONEEEEE

I seriously hope there are other areas with wild Tauros in the future. ;v;
I'd still prefer Miltank over Tauros, but... like, only veerrry slightly. ;v;
Ah well~ Let's continue. =3
In the process, I managed to pick up a move, TM35, Secret Power, which is a pretty powerful Normal-type attack that anyone can learn. I wanted to give this to Team Dad, but... she's not a physical fighter by any means, and as Normal type attacks are always Physical in this game, it's a no-go. I'll give it to Bwup instead~ =3

Purity~! Whip's Nuzlocke of Light Platinum~! 25010
And after a long period of trudging through trainers and Tauros I wish I could have, we finally make it to Pantem Town~!
And I think for now, this will be where I call it today! We beat a Gym Leader, didn't lose any friends, made a few friends in Bwup and Vas, and learned a bit about how I'm a little obsessed with video game farms~ c:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The Team So Far~!

Purity~! Whip's Nuzlocke of Light Platinum~! 008-- Squirt, Level 24.
Purity~! Whip's Nuzlocke of Light Platinum~! 350 -- Team Dad, Level 17.
Purity~! Whip's Nuzlocke of Light Platinum~! 058-- Growlithe(Chant), Level 19.
Purity~! Whip's Nuzlocke of Light Platinum~! 241-- Miltank(Bwup), Level 13.
Purity~! Whip's Nuzlocke of Light Platinum~! 256-- Torchic(Arceus), Level 19
Purity~! Whip's Nuzlocke of Light Platinum~! 214-- Vas, Level 18

Deceased~
Purity~! Whip's Nuzlocke of Light Platinum~! 276 -- Venipede, Level 9 - 10

Thank you all for keeping up with this, and I promise to try not to update so often now. XD
Still, I'm having loads of fun, and I'm grateful for everytime you guys take a peek at this, even if you don't comment or anything. As always, please be sure to leave me some names below, and thanks a ton for your time~ =3
Whip~
Whip~

Back to top Go down

Post by spark tb Mon Feb 22, 2016 12:02 am

Your lack of Venipede naming... disturbs me. Do you noT WANT TO FIGHT YOUR FEARS?!

Also yesss for the good old grass cutting trick. Here's hoping our little lawnmowermon doesn't get murdered, huh? c:
spark tb
spark tb
Expert Member
Expert Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next