Hello user, SRN is now closed. Feel free to read anything you'd like, but you cannot post.
Thank you for being part of this community.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello user, SRN is now closed. Feel free to read anything you'd like, but you cannot post.
Thank you for being part of this community.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

LEAST favourite Sonic character?

+7
DigitalLuv
Whip~
Dregan
Caliburn
Uncanny-Illustrator
spark tb
Spekkal
11 posters

Go down

LEAST favourite Sonic character? Empty LEAST favourite Sonic character?

Post by Uncanny-Illustrator Sun Nov 29, 2015 12:24 pm

I seen two threads already about the favorites, but who is your LEAST favorite?
Lets keep it to game characters only for the time being ;D
And instead of only saying the name, add how /you/ think they could've been improved?
Uncanny-Illustrator
Uncanny-Illustrator
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

LEAST favourite Sonic character? Empty Re: LEAST favourite Sonic character?

Post by Spekkal Sun Nov 29, 2015 12:37 pm

I'd say Shadow, but honestly, the jokes that have come from him, and the fact that everyone just understands he's super edgy and over-the-top is hilarious. Heck, even Sonic Boom made fun of it. It's great. And everyone mocking Shadow always brightens my day.

I can't say Big The Cat because he's a running joke that will never die. #BigTheCatForSmash

I like Amy's rendition in Sonic Boom. Her character is a lot more fleshed out and interesting, and she's more than just a fangirl. In fact, that's taken away from her.
So I'm going to have to say Sonic Team Amy? Like, the one from the Adventure games, and Heroes, and all games which just... made her a fangirl of Sonic. With not much character to her other than that. She wasn't interesting, no-one liked her, and even jokes were kinda... yeah, she was just... dull? I think that's the best term? Never a fan of Amy. But, as stated, Boom!Amy is great.
Spekkal
Spekkal
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by spark tb Sun Nov 29, 2015 12:46 pm

..My least favourite character? Easy.

The blue blur himself.

FANON representation of him is actually pretty great! You get a lot more diversity, once people stop going 'hurdur, I control oc character lul.'... but in the games himself, he's literally just 'Lul I am so cocky and cool lelelel power of friendshiiiiip.' And like.. what is the point of him? He is basically nearly every protagonist, with next to no character development over the last few years.

I'm not saying we need a gritty 'sonic', but oh my god we need something more than just My little Hedgehog.
spark tb
spark tb
Expert Member
Expert Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Uncanny-Illustrator Sun Nov 29, 2015 1:00 pm

In my case I would change Knuckles cause while he is a main character, hell one of the three MAIN staples of the franchise, I really feel he is super dull?
Like he just seems like this angsty teen who broods and takes everything way to serious. I do like his Boom!Incarnation thought.

Honestly I'd go for like a good midway, not make him BroodMcSeriousTime but also not Beefcake.... Okay maybe keep the beefcake appearance but just make him a lil' smarter and able to be serious while still keeping that more goofy nature.
Uncanny-Illustrator
Uncanny-Illustrator
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

LEAST favourite Sonic character? Empty MMMM

Post by Guest Fri Jan 08, 2016 2:48 am

I would have to say Sonic. Why? Hes So coy when he or any of his friends are in danger. Like tails is about to die and hes just like " Deaths too slow." Not to mention he as not developed past the typical 90's cartoon protagonist. He needs some development. Give me a reason to root for him besides hes the good guy.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 12, 2016 3:42 am

Charmy Bee Charmy Bee Charmy Bee.

Every line f dialogue spoken by this character is just pure cringe. Makes it worse that hes alongside Vector and Espio who are genuinley interesting characters.

Also SA2 - Generations Shadow was pretty damn awful too, he was just a product of his time, being an edgemaster who served no purpose other than being dark and edgy. Although his Boom version is pretty funny so he gets a pass.

Back to top Go down

Post by Spekkal Tue Jan 19, 2016 11:50 am

Punk TH wrote:Charmy Bee Charmy Bee Charmy Bee.

Every line f dialogue spoken by this character is just pure cringe. Makes it worse that hes alongside Vector and Espio who are genuinley interesting characters.

Also SA2 - Generations Shadow was pretty damn awful too, he was just a product of his time, being an edgemaster who served no purpose other than being dark and edgy. Although his Boom version is pretty funny so he gets a pass.

I haven't read the comics and I don't even know if Charmy is in those, and maybe they got more interesting with the Chaotix plot, but dear lord I find him equally infuriating. Maybe it's just his bubbly appearance that is like a dumbed-down Tails clone, or his voice in games which is something you just want to turn off, but I really dislike Charmy.
Maybe they'll do something with him at some point? Who knows.
Spekkal
Spekkal
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Caliburn Thu Jan 21, 2016 3:02 pm

I agree so much with Spark about Sonic being "My Little Hedgehog", especially as of recent IMO. I wish it would be a bit more serious. The only reason Sonic is one of my favourites is the past games and the ability to view him differently.

SA2 Shadow was fine in my eyes, but he was horribly overplayed after that. If he died in SA2 and stayed dead his character would've been a lot more highly praised, I'm sure.

Regardless, on subject; least favourite? I dunno. I don't like to pick a sure fire least favourite because I like to think all of the Sonic characters have something going for them, however much they make me cringe in some areas. I guess I'd say Boom Eggman because he's a total moron, but in the actual Sonic GAMES universe, I just couldn't choose 100%.

So I'll just say Cream and Charmy, I guess? Not that I hate their characters, their voices just... rattle me a lot of the time. Especially Cream's, in the slightly earlier cases.

"Mr Sonic."
Caliburn
Caliburn
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Dregan Sat Jan 23, 2016 6:05 pm

The issue for me is, it tends to come down to the independent game/writer on how much I hate any one character. I seem to primarily have issues with the members of Team Rose. Whilst in some cases, Big, Cream and Amy have all been shown to be potentially alright under certain writers who seem to be more self-aware of their character traits and how infuriating they could be. However the majority of the time OH GOD THEY'RE INFURIATING.
And of course, special shout-out to Sonic. Not for any active hate towards him, but based on sheer indifference.
Dregan
Dregan
Hero
Hero

http://barred.smackjeeves.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by spark tb Sun Jan 24, 2016 2:33 pm

So, I've been reading back through this topic and thinking a little on things... and I'm going to change my answer eeeever so slightly. Don't get me wrong, My-little-hedgehog is never going to be a star in my eyes, but then I remembered that... well, its hard for them to really do much with him. It'd be nice for him to go through a big progression arc, but he's the protagonist of what is [and I keep forgetting this due to my own age] a kids game. If they were to try and keep progressing him to what is an older generation, they'd never hook a new audience... plus, it'd be hard for them to keep it consistant, due to the ever changing nature that is the Sonic lore. I do think Boom!Sonic is a step in the right direction however, and hope they do more with AU sonics.

On the other hand... we have Amy and Knuckles. Two characters who each have so few unique traits, you can count their combined total on two hands, if that.

Here, lets look at Amy! The quick-to-anger love interest, who isn't loved back. Everytime a new hedgehog shows up, she mistakes them for Sonic! Thats.. all there is too her, really. Sonic kind of has an excuse not to truly grow in this sense, because he's made his stance clear. Amy on the other hand... listen, it's been twenty years. Girl needs something new, a'ight?

Then we have Knuckles! Good old guillble 'gotta protect dem emwalds' Knuckhead.

...bruh, with the amount of times the Master Emeralds been broken, I'd have thought you'd learn some new tricks by now. Even if its nothing major, having the whole 'hiding the emeralds better' as part of an actual game would be great, because it seems to me even Sega's given up on explaining how Eggman or Sonic keeps getting ahold of these things.
spark tb
spark tb
Expert Member
Expert Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Whip~ Sun Jan 24, 2016 7:43 pm

I'm gonna have to go with Dreg on this one and say that my disdain for characters really varies depending on when they appear. For instance, Shadow is my least favourite character overall, but I quite like him in SA2. He just went downhill from all the overexposure in SOnic Heroes-onwards, though I think he's recovered, ironically, in Sonic '06 by dropping his more angsty aspect in favour of being a Vegeta to Sonic's Goku. A little unoriginal, but it makes him tolerable in my eyes. =3

And then there's Amy. Amy is probably one of my favourite characters in the series, but when they characterize her wrong, it makes it all the more worse. Like, in the Sonic Riders or Battle series, I feel like she's great! She still fawns over Sonic, but she has a life outside of this. In Riders, Zero Gravity, she basically manhandles the muscle on Team Babylon, and in Sonic Battle, she invented her own martial arts/exercise.
But then you get games like Sonic Rivals that treat her like a tack-on at best, satellite to Sonic at worst. (And Sonic Free Riders for introducing her worst voice actress yet. Why must she sound like Minnie Mouse on HElium ;v; )
Whip~
Whip~

Back to top Go down

Post by DigitalLuv Sun Apr 03, 2016 7:27 am

Game wise? I have no least favorite characters, they all have character flaws and perks. I like how they work together as a whole. The entire franchise? I would have to say Geoffrey St. John from Archie Sonic comics.

Mostly because I almost never liked how he was written. He was always written as malicious and unnecessarily was out to get Sonic's goat. One good reason could possibly be because of his rival attraction to Sally Acorn, but still. I never found his motives and need for control justified. I never connected on that emotional level with him. He wasn't so bad during that period he was married to Hershey, he relaxed as a character and became bearable (to me).
Again I don't really blame the character. I just don't like how he was written. I feel like a lot of the time his maliciousness was unjustified.
DigitalLuv
DigitalLuv
Newbie Member
Newbie Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Codename-Jack Wed Dec 28, 2016 1:34 am

I second Luv on Geoffrey St. John. But this isn't about Archie sadly. 

For the games? It's tied Charmy Bee and Tails. Charmy's voice makes my ears bleed and Tails because he's really not as smart in the older games as most people seemed to believe. Think about it: the first time you beat Eggman in SA1 he runs up to Eggman holding a Chaos Emerald. How dumb can you get? I guess I'm just upset Sonic Team tried to say he's supposed to be the brains.
Codename-Jack
Codename-Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by Honey The Cat Sat Mar 11, 2017 4:04 am

It's hard to hate a Sonic character, really. Especially the female ones to me. But if I had to choose, it'd probably be Omochao. Self explanitory. AMIANNOYINGYOU?
Honey The Cat
Honey The Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Veteranoftheconsolewars Sat Mar 11, 2017 4:32 am

Couldn't be an easier choice. Imperator Ix, of course. The leader of the EVIL Echidnas! OH NO! SO EVIL!

... Yeah, I hate him because HE WAS ALREADY DONE. There were already evil echidnas done in Sonic Adventure, and then Sega was like "Let's write in ANOTHER set of evil echidnas!" Dumbest villain in the series. I'd take the Sonic cartoon show villains more seriously, at least THEY were original. STUPID, but original.
Veteranoftheconsolewars
Veteranoftheconsolewars
Basic Member
Basic Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadow Sat Mar 11, 2017 5:46 am

Princess Elise and to a slightly lesser degree Cosmo. It's a no brainer, really, Elise is my least favorite, but the reasons don't even need to be stated. I mean, she kissed Sonic, she's a waste of space, and the only game play she's a part of involves her being carried around over sand.

However, I have to mention Cosmo and explain myself because it's not really that big of a distance, and almost no one shares my hate. Everyone seems to be all too eager to hate on Chris, whom I think is actually okay. However, I think Cosmo is the very definition of a Sonic Mary-Sue. Sonic X should've just let it be about Sonic and his friends. Her role seemed innocent enough even, at first. But then they had to add in this stupid Spy plot thing where she didn't know she was a spy, and the majority of Season 3 revolved around her so much it was offensive to me.

Literally the only thing I like about Cosmo, or any of the Seedrians really since we don't really know a thing about them other than Cosmo's the Messiah, is their designs. They're a great mix of alien and plant life, but other than that, Shadow's back story was done a million times better with so much less information given to us. We don't even know the name of the guy who shot Maria and people are hooked, but they have to go through half an episode to tell us about Cosmo's past, and I'm sorry, I don't buy it.

I'm just ranting now, but... Gosh I hate Cosmo... Even though technically I think Elise is worse, which technically makes her my least favorite, Cosmo just gets under my skin so much because she's just... such a Mary-Sue. I'm sorry, she is. I mean, she saved the Galaxy along side Super Sonic and Super Shadow. None of the other characters, who were a part of seasons 1 and 2 did what Cosmo did. Ugh... I'm done explain myself...

I hate Cosmo...
Shadow
Shadow

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum