Hello user, SRN is now closed. Feel free to read anything you'd like, but you cannot post.
Thank you for being part of this community.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello user, SRN is now closed. Feel free to read anything you'd like, but you cannot post.
Thank you for being part of this community.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky

+9
Caliburn
Spekkal
Uncanny-Illustrator
spark tb
Knuxtiger4
Froshana
Mephiles the Dark
Electrisa
ChaoticBou
13 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky Empty Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky

Post by Spekkal Mon Nov 16, 2015 8:44 pm

Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky Ot897fh

HELLO THERE!
I'm stealing Mid's old idea of doing nuzlockes on the forum. And I'm gonna be doing it on a fangame I've forgot a lot about - Pokemon Flora Sky! I was originally gonna so Insurgence cause that has a nuzlocke mode, but it'd be really awkward for saving screencaps. So! Here we go!

Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky NZv1fws
And here we go! With our very first choice - gender! I mean considering I myself am a girl, I'm gonna be going for girl. I mean it's not that much difference in terms of designs since it's based off Emerald. At least they had the effort to recolour the spri-
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky O0YZmrR
Wait no nevermind. It's still green. I'm sad. The intro here seems to be the exact same as Emerald too, with being in the back of a fully-loaded van. Why did they shove their kids just in the back like this? I get you had no other seats, but really? Do you not have any consideration for your child's safety, Mom Figure?

Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky BqyI2tC
And just gonna show a quick look at our trainer card. Name's Spekkal, duh. We have boobs, cause I have 'em too. And we have a bit of cash for ourselves to spend on chocolate and overly sugary foods. Oh wait. Pokemon game. Uh. I mean potions.

Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky N7lxJMT
Shut up, Mom Figure. You shoved me at the back of a moving truck filled with furniture items. I hate you. Stop trying to make this up to me by acting all sweet, like that blatantly wasn't abuse in the slightest. I hate you, Mom Figure. But I have to say, the town itself is nice. It's not just Littleroot and is actually in a different region, which makes it a bit more exciting.

Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky 0TdsUfK
...Did ASGORE name this town? (Zing!) ...I'm sorry.

Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky 5eQe3Lu
And like the standard for all Pokemon games, there of course needs to be a potion in the computer storage box thing. This'll come in useful to stop my first few pokemon from dying a horrible death in a fit of agony.

Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky GHMMbFp
Excuse you, it's POKEMON. With an accent on the E that I cannot do. And also why are you dragging me to see this? Mom Figure I didn't ask for this, I literally just got inside and you're already ordering me about. I can't wait to leave home and beat up some small, harmless animals.

Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky DTDhlgJ
AHA, IN THIS NEW HOUSE, THERE IS A FREE POKEMON! GEE, I SURE DO HOPE NOBODY-
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky HWQqUXW
Urgh.

Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky G5Lp3Wb
See, there's apparently someone yelling elsewhere for help, but I really don't want to check that out right now, so I'm exploring the rest of the town first. There's a daycare centre here at the top right, god knows why. And a lab and mart and that's it. Gotta wonder why the starting town never has a pokemon centre. Also this asshole won't let me past to get mauled by wild animals. He's too busy staring at dirt. Like a dirtbag.

Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky X3ljnRo
There is a pokeball. On the desk here.
There is a pokeball just lying here on the desk of the lab.
AND I CAN'T PICK IT UP OR INTERACT WITH IT. THIS ANNOYS ME. LEMME STEAL THE FREE MONSTER ANIMAL.

Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky 4Ontp63
Okay fine, I should stop delaying and actually do things. This was to the right of the town - a gigantic cave. Huh. As to the side house there, the woman there just told me to talk to literally everyone if I ever got stuck. She was useless and no wonder she lives alone.

Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky DjI3HMH
Mount Fullmoon. Interesting name here. I had a quick look around. There's 3 Strength puzzles up top that I can't access because I'm a noodle, and exits I can't go through. There's a cave up north. I wonder what's in the-
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky SVMDJuG
Hm.

Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky Ss5At17
That is a Darkrai. Just a Darkrai in the cave here. Why is a Darkrai chilling in the cave here. Why does he just let me come up to him and stare him in the face. It's far too early for a legendary encounter - the game just started 5 minutes ago. What is this. And more importantly, can I have him?

Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky TGZ6V4E
YOU SCARED IT AWAY. AND I ALREADY EXPLAINED THAT, THANKS.
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky RNrt7Cp
I hate you so much. You have the stupidest goddamned name. You're dead to me. Oh, and TMFlash here explained that the Darkrai there was just an illusion. Great.

Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky 84593lD
And then she left, and we have Professor Birch here instead. I dunno why, and he suddenly has 3 convenient pokemon here for me. Unfortunately, I don't have the option to sock him one in the face and take all 3 to become the next big villain of the game, so just one will have to suffice.

Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky AqdtrR8
"Aaaa" is the most terrified sound I've ever heard. He sounds so scared. And he also sounds like this wasn't planned in the slightest. He's not even threatened here - he probably has a team himself which can absolutely destroy all opposition. Why do I have to be his damned bodyguard? Urgh, whatever. TIME FOR A FREE BATTLE MONSTER;

Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky SY1ELei
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky GiC1mZ7
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky HgkzO5Y

SO! That's where our current adventure ends! And what are you supposed to do, fellow audience? WELL!
I want you to comment below on what you think I should take. The one with the most votes gets chosen, and I'll raffle up the names of those who replied, for the pokemon to be named after them! Obviously, this is a nuzlocke, so my incompetency could get you killed. But eh, all for fun.

So, what should I take?
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky 001 Bulbasaur
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky 004Charmander
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky 007Squirtle
Spekkal
Spekkal
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky Empty Re: Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky

Post by ChaoticBou Mon Nov 16, 2015 8:47 pm

CHARIZA-I mean Charmander yes c:
But I think Squirtle is more useful?
SQUIRTLE THEN
ChaoticBou
ChaoticBou
Master Member
Master Member

https://soundcloud.com/boubka-the-fox

Back to top Go down

Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky Empty Re: Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky

Post by Uncanny-Illustrator Mon Nov 16, 2015 8:48 pm

Bulbasaur cause they a cute and don't get enough love!
Uncanny-Illustrator
Uncanny-Illustrator
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Electrisa Mon Nov 16, 2015 8:51 pm

I don't want it to be named after me but squiRTLE SQUIRTLE SQUIRTLE SQUIRTLE MY BABYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
I WAS FIRST DOES THAT MEAN MY VOTE COUNTS TWICE
edit: fck two people already but i'M A MOD
edit: damn it but Uncanny
uh
uh um
well guess it'll have to just count as one
Electrisa
Electrisa
Master Member
Master Member

http://electrisa.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by ChaoticBou Mon Nov 16, 2015 8:52 pm

NONSENSE. BULBASAUR GETS ENOUGH PRAISE NOWADAYS SHADDUP CHOOSE SQUIRTLE....sorry I mean yeah sure but i think squirtle is better >:c
ChaoticBou
ChaoticBou
Master Member
Master Member

Back to top Go down

Post by spark tb Mon Nov 16, 2015 8:58 pm

When fear and raw strength don't seem to work, everyone knows you should... charm your opponent.

So lets go with Bulbasaur ;D
spark tb
spark tb
Expert Member
Expert Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Mephiles the Dark Mon Nov 16, 2015 9:07 pm

Uh... I don't know, to be honest. Charmander seems cool! c:
Mephiles the Dark
Mephiles the Dark
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

http://lozskullkid.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Dregan Tue Nov 17, 2015 2:57 am

Also, I choose Charmander. BECAUSE CHARMANDER IS MY SPIRIT ANIMAL.
Dregan
Dregan
Hero
Hero

http://barred.smackjeeves.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Spekkal Tue Nov 17, 2015 12:02 pm

Dregan wrote:
amazing

And
>2 Bulbasaur
>2 Charmander
>2 Squirtle
ARE YOU SERIOUS GUYS
Spekkal
Spekkal
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Caliburn Tue Nov 17, 2015 12:29 pm

Charmander.
Because fiyyyuuurr. B)
Caliburn
Caliburn
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Spekkal Tue Nov 17, 2015 1:37 pm

Bulbasaur: 2
Charmander: 3
Squirtle: 2

Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky 004 Charmander it is! I expected a more one-sided with this and not something so... heavily and evenly split between all three choices. You're all awful.
ANYWAY, CHOICE CHOSEN, BACK TO THE SHOW!

Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky YtR09CI
Gonna mess this damned thing up. Level 5 starter against a level 2 HM slave. You can all figure out who won this battle. I'll give you three guesses. First two don't count.
After (obviously) winning this battle, Birch was like 'good' and I was teleported back to the lab to discuss what just happened, and how I didn't allow him to get mauled to death by a mutated beaver.

Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky TVBaLN4
What did she say about me. Nothing good, I bet. Did she tell you how she almost killed me, shoving me into the back of a high-speeding truck with a crapton of boxes? I bet not. Don't trust her.
Anyway, the rest of the dialogue was pretty boring. SO LET'S SEE WHAT WE GET TO NICKNAME OUR FIRE LIZARD!

Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky CTzOpFW
...i
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky Xsiq0GF
okay perfect

Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky Mw479U6
BUT THOU MUST
Yeah I tried pressing no, but it looped around over and over. All I want to do is leave this damned town and beat animals up so hard PETA will be after me. Why must I be cursed to follow through with these irrelevant side-missions?

Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky YjNcXoi
Excuse me? I already know what it means to be a trainer. I will set your entire lab on fire, and then I'll teach you what it means to burn alive, scrub.

Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky Y0UWoKY
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky HlZMGAu
. . .
Don't you sass me, boy. You're just jealous that your father prefers me over you, and is showing me blatant favouritism. You sound so happy about this. And trust me, I am too. I revel in it.

Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky UYe2StL
Our first rival battle! Psh, how hard can this b-
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky MtYsuZR
SON OF A BITCH SCORED A CRITICAL HIT. THIS SQUIRTLE HAS STUPID DEFENCES AND ATTACK. ABORT. ABORT. POTION NEEDED. PANIC.
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky KR7WkaG
I had to use the potion I got from my PC, but the damned thing was killed off faster than a red shirt. For the first proper fight, I didn't expect it to be so tense. That thing was taking way less damage than I anticipated, and dealt a fair bit to me. I had to rely on an oran berry and a potion to win, and I'm offended by that.

Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky 5QdAmxE
He has a level 5 steroid squirtle. While it was a pain, I wouldn't quite say that shows off that 'extensive history' if all he actually did was shove the damned thing full of Irons and Proteins. In fact, the boy was giving me sass the entire time. I don't like him and I suggest he gets put down.

Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky CEgIvsP
TIME TO GO ON OUR ADVENTURE AT LAST WITH NO INTERR-
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky Ej3VaC3
...'Sky'. SKY? Who is NAMING these children? Have we really devolved to the point where we name our offspring from the first thing we see? Are we incapable of standard names? He must hate himself. And also, why is he there? Was he waiting for me to pop out so he could throw me into another side-mission?

Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky 5EcrLHQ
No shut up tho, I already know how to do this.
Plus Wally shouldn't even be here. He's from Hoenn. So is Birch actually. And Brendan. Did they not bother to change the names? Why are they here? I thought we were in a different region, but did all the main cast from Emerald just coincidentally migrate over to here?

Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky ExD1Eyt
RUNNING SHOES, GET! I missed the actual dialogue saying what they were. I'll never understand how my shoes beforehand literally refused to allow me to run. Were they made of lead? I really shouldn't trust Mom Figure to buy me things.

Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky VOQJEAp
AND NOW WE CAN CONTINUE OUR ADVENTURE! What will our first encounter be, I wonder? Our first ally in this battle for dominance, for world domination? Truly, it's required to be the most fearsome, most terrifying-
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky GPQeX0E
gdi
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky 8XmBgdP
Damned thing scored a critical hit on me. Burning, come on, you should be better than this! Stop getting almost beaten to a pulp each time we get into a fight!

Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky Bh877zd
Aaaand I'll raffle up names again. If you want to be named after a pokemon, comment below! Chances are, now I'll just start continuing and using the list below to actually raffle, as opposed to stopping with every new encounter.
So, comment below for a pokemon to be named after you!

---

Current team:
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky 004 Burning (Charmander) Level 6 (Scratch, Growl)
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky 399??? (Bidoof) Level 2 (???, ???)
Spekkal
Spekkal
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by spark tb Tue Nov 17, 2015 1:50 pm

These gosh darn pokemon and their gosh darn critical hits.

So rude.
spark tb
spark tb
Expert Member
Expert Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Dregan Tue Nov 17, 2015 3:28 pm

>BRENDAN has an 'extensive history' as a trainer.
>Only has a level 5 Starter Pokemon.
>Which has type advantage over you.
>And he still manages to lose.

I'm not so sure Brendan has history, rather, he just keeps telling Birch that he's totally doing his homework to get the guy to leave him alone. His real dream is probably to have shrubbery, or something like that.
Dregan
Dregan
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Spekkal Wed Nov 18, 2015 12:59 pm

Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky 4CALHh1
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
(Please don't kill me)

AND WITH THAT OUT THE WAY, NOW FOR GRINDING TIME

Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky GJtTUc7
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky LfNaZdn
After finishing grinding, both pokemon are now at level 8! Huzzah! I feel somewhat slightly safe that no-one is going to die! A little! Not really!
Though one good point about Dregan - his Pick Up ability is working wonders. Already got hold of 2 super potions and a repel if need be.

Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky QQRcSpg
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky DKu7Ec2
New area! Forest Entrance! Though the nifty thing about this game is this lil' machine here. Apparently I can teleport to areas I've registered to? Unfortunately, it's not working right now, so the most it does right now is look pretty. Speaking of, time to find out about this forest, hm?

Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky Im1dyiC
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky QejzAVq
Urgh. Not these losers again. This isn't even Hoenn, there's not much water here, why have they migrated over here and why are they still in those uniforms? More importantly, can I have one? Not to join in or anything, but that outfit is kickin'.

Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky CKHf2Uw
And then this woman appeared. Blah blah Team Magma blah blah. Anyone who's played Emerald knows the story. They want to expand the landmass and get rid of some water in favour of the ground. Also she's called 'Mrs Master', so she must be important or impressive in SOME way. Though I didn't have much chance to check, before...

Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky LDbGG6a
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky JPhYisK
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky XpNwIBo
For a second there I thought I was going to have to snap your neck. But ergh, whatever. I don't care for the pokedex, but it's always a given. I just let him do his thing and then leave. After all, WE HAVE A NEW PARTY MEMBER TO GET!

Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky EIeIpe3
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky XAuni6Q
Not so bad! Still weak, but hey, it's a start! I er, hope you don't mind being a birb, Spark. Or female for that matter. But I had no other options to go with because everyone else was a coward and didn't want to be a Bidoof. Don't blame 'em.

Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky Yagy10g
Back to MRS MASTER, this... is literally her entire dialogue. This is all she says. I tried leaving and coming back, but this is literally all she has to say to me. With a name like that, I expected something a bit less generic and something a lot more useful. Like maybe a free battle animal. Or TMs. Or something. I'm sad now.

ANYWAY, BACK TO GRINDING TIME

Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky ENVIZwN
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky X0EKqzg
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky NEhgSBv

IT'S GOING WELL. NO-ONE IS DEAD (though I did get some BS crits from enemies). With that out of the way, I'm feeling confident! Now to go to the next area, and no doubt that'll be the place where we get our first few proper trainer battles!
Oh and Spark learnt Gust but I forgot to mention that.

Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky 5DekP4v
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky FxlLtiV
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky 6PxkPv7
Aaaand next is a dark pooch! Comment below if you want your name to take claim here! Or just comment if you wanna comment like, in general, about what's going on. If you want to. Please. I'm so lonely.
Not the best party in the world, but ergh, could be worse I guess.

Current team:
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky 004Burning (Charmander) Level 9 (Scratch, Growl, Ember, Smokescreen)
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky 399Dregan (Bidoof) Level 9 (Tackle, Growl, Defence Curl, Headbutt) 
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky 016Spark (Pidgey) Level 9 (Tackle, Sand Attack, Quick Attack, Gust)
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky 261??? (Poochyena) Level 3 (???, ???)
Spekkal
Spekkal
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Electrisa Wed Nov 18, 2015 1:11 pm

The danger is gone
BACK TO COMMENTING
Maybe Mrs Master is too jealous of your super pokemon skills and doesn't want to give you any valuable information so you won't become the next Mrs Master and the title will go with her to her graaaaaveeee
(And I want a Magma team hoodie :ccc)
Electrisa
Electrisa
Master Member
Master Member

Back to top Go down

Post by spark tb Wed Nov 18, 2015 1:17 pm

I mean, team magma DOES have the best outfit. The fact the pokemon team hasn't cashed in on making replicas of the outfits really does surprise me...

Also...I know sand attack!
I was destined to become the birb! The strongest birb that ever did live!

ALSO TINY PUPPY YES YES YES
spark tb
spark tb
Expert Member
Expert Member

Back to top Go down

Post by ChaoticBou Wed Nov 18, 2015 2:41 pm

I WANNA BE POOCHY!

Like your playthrough so far c:
ChaoticBou
ChaoticBou
Master Member
Master Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Spekkal Wed Nov 18, 2015 4:31 pm

Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky WE7ixz2

Aaand Boubka wanted to be the wolfdog, so Boubka is now the wolfdog!
Let's hope your awful stats fare us well on this adventure! ;D

NOW TO START GRINDI-
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky AO5wnda
Goddammit. You weren't even on the SCREEN. I wasn't planning on encountering trainers until everyone was at an even level! Why do you do this to me?
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky ZEW0YPZ
Yeah you're not fighting this one.
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky YdBbF7Z
There we go! Dregan beat face with his face, and was victorious!
NOW WE'RE BACK TO GRINDING!

Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky W5iwBjk
Right, here's the team right now - everyone's level 9. I want everyone at level 10 before we move to the next town, so I'll be throwing everyone at some trainers because I'm lazy and wild pokemon hardly give any exp.
I'll skip all encounters with trainers. There was just 2-3 trainers and a few level ups which I'll be showing later. Nothing special.

Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky WBLBarn
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky UnpYr8Q
Oh hey look, berries.
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky LcsIVTY
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky MSpOjx4
They're mine now.

Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky DibeNac
And I found out there's a cave here. Obviously, I can't access it. But I'm going to have to wait until I get ahold of HMSurf before I can venture inside. So I'm just posting this here as a reminder for me to go back when I have it. Or someone else remind me. It'll be a while until we get there anyway.

Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky 6T51sr4
And we're finally at the first proper city! Puel City! There... isn't actually that much here. I talked to NPCs, got TMDoubleTeam, and that was kind of it. There wasn't anything of note, except for a few things that I'll post below;

Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky N8md4G4
Apparently this is an art gallery for Team Aqua? And also their headquarters? And everyone just seems to... accept this? So, what, are Team Aqua the good guys now? Cause keeping them there and knowing who they are is silly if they're evil. ALSO the fact that I need 4 gym badges to see art is bloody stupid.

Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky A7qu8rw
If I get a pokemon that requires a Moon Stone to evolve, someone remind me to go back to this city so I can pick it up.

Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky UxJYNxt
Also another reason to come back to this city - I'll need HMSurf to venture into whatever's beyond this lake. Chances are, this is where I'll need to go to the next area, when I get Surf. So yeah, future notice!

Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky 0kWDjyY
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky OtABcWP
Oh, huh. This place seems really important and busy. A town hall. I wonder what's-
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky LSpv1eI
OH GOD IT'S THAT HOUSE FROM HOENN, BAIL BAIL BAIL. I DON'T WANT TO DISCUSS THINGS WITH ANY OF YOU.

Well, that's pretty much the entire town. I can't go down because I need the first gym badge to do so. Which is stupid for anyone who isn't interested in fighting with their battle monsters. So yeah, there's only 1 thing left to do...

Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky Qo8i9Tb
*Terrified squarking sounds* Yeah I'm not OVERLY confident in myself with this. I can't use Boubka or Dregan cause they're weak to fighting, and Spark is gonna be my best bet here. Well, let's see how it goes...?
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky 6wEeCrJ
I was hoping for a different gimmick than 'Brawly's Gym with a different layout'. Time to stagger around awkwardly and see where I end up! The plan is to fight one trainer, and see where their levels lie and see what the competition will be like.

Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky NXVGgfY
Well, that's incredibly close and a higher level than what I was expecting. It wasn't an issue to utterly destroy, I mean Gust is great, but Spark is frail and I'm worried of critical hits. I'm gonna go and grind some more so-
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky 3hUmFYQ
LOL NEVERMIND, THIS GYM'S GONNA BE A CAKEWALK. GOODBYE SAND ATTACK, HELLO DEADLY DANCE OF FEATHERS! AHAHAHA~! Perfect.

Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky 78hufX5
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky MPEklPL
Let's do this.

Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky R2TzgDJ
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky 7yCVCeC
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky 3UuEN5X

/VS LEADER MARTIN/
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky GQnI3ug

Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky P8NVH9C
Opening up with a Croagunk! Which caught me by surprise - I was expecting a machop. But my plan was gonna go into action! ... It wasn't an impressive plan. Featherdance once to weaken their attack twice, and then spam gust like no tomorrow.
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky L21jRbX
Needless to say, I succeeded pretty easily. I didn't take any damage, and I'm feeling pretty good about myself! The most it did was spam bulk-up.

Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky MlYhQP7
Now this was the kind of pokemon I was expecting! Makuhita's are known for being bulky, and this one was no exception. Again, the plan went into action.
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky MEsRHnK
And it went swimmingly. A little bit of damage, but that was nothing, and Spark was in top notch. They used a potion, which meant one less in their stock against their final pokemon, which was coming right up...

Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky JVLbGt4
A tumburr. Quite underwhelming, but I wasn't going to dismiss my opponent as easy just because the first two went well. And I was right to do that. I featherdance'd 3 times here, making sure it could do nothing to me, and proceeded to gust.
But that spam of bulk-ups was doing well, and it was tanking my attacks pretty hard. 
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky HPuMq1U
They managed to get a critical hit in, but it wasn't enough to kill, and I used a potion which Dregan had dug up to snatch away victory. I won, and it was easier than I expected. All of my panic was for nothing, huh?

Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky ZxgMwjW
I don't know what I would have done without Spark's featherdance. I was lucky to obtain it so close to the gym, and if I wasn't able of using that attack, I would have lost at least one life in that fight. I'm damned grateful it didn't happen.

/LEADER MARTIN DEFEATED - GYM BADGE OBTAINED/

Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky Onsgyny
And duh, of course I get the signature move. The move he repeatedly used over and over, instead of causing any major damage to me (bar a crit). At least it's in better hands. But I have no interest in using this TM right now.

Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky HwGOY5o
And that's a wrap! First gym down, with major thanks to Spark for pretty much taking it all by themselves! I'll be doing another update either later or tomorrow, depending on how bored I get. Like always, comment if you want me to name a pokemon after you!

---

Current team:
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky 004Burning (Charmander) Level 13 (Scratch, Growl, Ember, Smokescreen)
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky 399Dregan (Bidoof) Level 10 (Tackle, Growl, Defence Curl, Headbutt) 
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky 016Spark (Pidgey) Level 14 (Tackle, Featherdance, Quick Attack, Gust)
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky 261Boubka (Poochyena) Level 10 (Tackle, Howl, Sand Attack)
Spekkal
Spekkal
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Midknight Wed Nov 18, 2015 4:38 pm

GDI I wish I'd noticed this sooner, Poochyena is like my spirit 'Mon D;

-Prays that the next encounter is something cool-
Midknight
Midknight
Master Member
Master Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Dregan Wed Nov 18, 2015 5:48 pm

Aaah, I remember the time we tried to go to the Tate Modern and we weren't allowed in til we presented at least 3 Swimming Certificates. Good times.

Also, how dare you make me a Bidoof. I'm gonna head over your way and doof you up. Yeeeeaaah!
Dregan
Dregan
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Spekkal Wed Nov 18, 2015 9:04 pm

@Midknight: Sorrryyy ;-; I'm pumping out these updates quite fast, and it's my fault! Should have waited but I'm impatient << >>
@Dregan: TRY ME THEN, I'LL BE WAITING FOR YOU.

---

Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky I8z40eZ
OKAY! With the gym out the way, I can finally go out an explore the lands! I can see what else there is to see! I can put this dull city behind me and fight better things!

Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky OcCt7Q4
ONWARDS! TO VICTORY! TO WAAAAR!
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky Q6lwn2G
Goddammit. It's that Sky guy. Who's apparently Birch's apprentice or something. God knows what's going on with the characters in this game, I've lost track already. Chances are, he's gonna ask me to a battle or something. Like an asshole.

Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky NQEyg8r
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky FQ1Diqg
Yeah there it is. Alright, time to kick your ass.

Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky HWjtRSi
I still think that's the stupidest name. And that's the stupidest hair. You seem more like a main character from an anime than a side-character from this monster-fighting frenzy of a game.

Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky JGKU9dp
...Okay maybe I shouldn't have started this battle with Burn. This thing was a bitch. And I mean that in the sense that I had nothing super-effective, and it had stupid high defences. Plus, it dished out a fair bit of damage, sandstorm included.

Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky ZNA3dVC
Gust was doing like... nothing to it. I had to use two potions just to win this damned fight. Brought out Spark because obvious ground type disadvantage, but it still proved to be a pain, even while featherdance'd.

Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky IJPxcCI
Leave. Your presence annoys me.
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky EDSYiDw
You're partially forgiven. Partially. Also he left because he wanted to show me how to use Rock Smash. I already know how to use it. Don't treat me like a child, I've done this before. I'll beat you again and again, you scrub.

Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky B38xgIc
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky T4XceYU
Sorry Boubka! I know that Poochyena's movepool is awful. While I would have went for Dregan on a normal run, I'd rather save his moveset for further TMs and other more important HMs for the future.

Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky HyWCdQV
TIME FOR NEW TEAM-MEATS! 
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky AwZjlin
...After I'm done taking this stupid tutorial from this Sky guy. One second.

Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky V2eJk3i
Okay. TIME FOR NEW TEAM-MEATS!

Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky MMg4mkr
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky XlCg5I1
Aaaand it's... another... normal type...!! Yay!!! Sarcasm evident. I was hoping ffor a grass type, but there doesn't seem to be any in the route. So welcome Electrisa the Meowth! To our dysfunctionally awful party of misfits!

GRINDING TIME

Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky Tevj8Ac
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky TccKS3k
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky JBdhzuO
YEAH!
Also we got an Old Rod for an NPC. But I didn't take a screenshot of that.
Okay, so now we should actually progress and continue on with the plot? Whatever it is? Cause I have no idea. Other than DARKRAI ILLUSION and also TMFLASH and SKY.

Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky P4xf4iI
Oh speak of the TMDevi-
what. What did you say.

Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky Men9MSr
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky GeVZ2ye
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky SQKCo51

Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky EjKC3Xb
GODDAMMIT.

Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky W1xees0
Okay so I actually have to go along with this. With two god-like titan pokemon in the middle of the town, fighting. Surely other people are doing things? The NPCs aren't useless, are they? Please tell me it's not gonna depend on-
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky JNnPf3r
-...me. Are you joking. Game, are you joking, please tell me you're kidding. I've literally just escaped home because Mom Figure doesn't know how to children, and everyone expects this 10 year old child, who's most powerful pokemon is a charmander, to sort this out? This is dumb. This is so dumb. Oh my god.

Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky HRIgsHt
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky PEUiuCb
ARGH! I'M BLIND! WHAT'S GOING ON, WHAT IS THIS.

Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky RuVcqyJ
Um.
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky AgCprPg
Er.
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky VwwoGqw
DON'T YOU TAKE WORDS OUT OF MY MOUTH, GAME!
DO NOT LISTEN TO THIS LIES AND DECEIT! THAT IS NOT ME! Aergh. I have no idea what's going on. Okay, I just started the game, so I'm not supposed to. But what makes me the special snowflake? Hell, TMFlash is probably way better than me. I'm like, dirt right now. Why have I encountered so many legendary pokemon in the span of... what... 1 gym badge?

Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky B14abGq
OH OKAY BYE.

Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky GbHeKc7
WHAT IS GOING ON?!

Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky LA5Zne3
Okay so at least we got something out of it. Being a TM I probably won't even use. Though I appreciate the item gift! So that was the downward route, which leads to this closed-off garden. But what of going up?

Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky TyrV5w6
No.
And I want an explanation.

Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky MSw2JQ7
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky QdXmwML
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky GS3zmAx
oh ok
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky Bh9lPXy
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky QwBP5LN
Okay. Let's see the Pokedex entries for Shaymin for a second here;
-It can dissolve toxins in the air to instantly transform ruined land into a lush field of flowers.
-The blooming of Gracidea flowers confers the power of flight upon it. Feelings of gratitude are the message it delivers.
Nope, nothing there about being in other dimensions and able to portal me out of them. All it does is make things pretty.

Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky 2x2JG8G
HOPE WILL GET YOU NOWHERE, WEAKLING.

Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky T0nosuG
Frustrations aside, we can actually INTERACT with the town now! Unlike before, where everything was covered with rocks for some reason. I'll update y'all on what's actually of note;

Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky EpdSeea
Burning got a held item which boosts his fire-type attacks!
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky GkcHn2A
Something-something prize I can't get right now cause I have no orange mails!
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky HwGXn8O
A tutor I can't use!

Okay, with that out of the way... NEW TEAM-MEAT.
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky C4rlo8L
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky 1hZfv6t
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky NlcS1nR
Midknight, you are carrying this team to victory. You are our powerhouse now. Please don't die. You're the best this team has to offer. Please don't die. You are literally the best we have and I want you to evolve into the best you can be.
Right, now...

GRINDING TIME

Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky Lz7EIbz
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky KwkIFrl
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky 47oi7eT
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky QtofBE2
Great job guys!

AND, WE HAVE OUR FIRST EVOLUTION!
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky YajyBX4
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky QRXJGsQ
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky Rbbh3ns
YEAH!

Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky MNKJRVL
And this is what our team looks like! All full!
Like always, comment if you want a pokemon named after you! If someone dies, you'll replace them! Just like real life!

---

Current team:
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky 004Burning (Charmander) Level 15 (Scratch, Rage, Ember, Smokescreen)
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky 400Dregan (Bibarel) Level 15 (Tackle, Rollout, Defence Curl, Headbutt)
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky 016Spark (Pidgey) Level 15 (Tackle, Featherdance, Quick Attack, Gust)
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky 261 Boubka (Poochyena) Level 15 (Tackle, Howl, Bite, Rock Smash)
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky 052Electrisa (Meowth) Level 15 (Scratch, Growl, Bite, Fury Swipes)
Spekkal's Cynical Nuzlockes: Flora Sky 532Midknight (Timburr) Level 15 (Low Kick, Leer, Focus Energy, Rock Throw)
Spekkal
Spekkal
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Dregan Wed Nov 18, 2015 9:13 pm

Now that there is a Pokemon who truly portrays my majesty!
Also, what is this game, what is this story, oh god.
(Also, $10 on Sky being the mod creator's self-insert)
Dregan
Dregan
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Spekkal Wed Nov 18, 2015 9:21 pm

Dregan wrote:(Also, $10 on Sky being the mod creator's self-insert)
oh no
That's a genuinely terrifying thought. I'm just praying for no romantic subplots.
Spekkal
Spekkal
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by spark tb Wed Nov 18, 2015 9:42 pm

I have never encountered a story so gripping before.
I am drawn to it, unable to resist! Oh the majesty of this story <3
spark tb
spark tb
Expert Member
Expert Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Electrisa Wed Nov 18, 2015 10:44 pm

AWWWWWW YEAHHHH A MEOWTH
I'LL BE A PRETTY PERSIAN THAT WILL Probably die at like second gym bUT NO MATTER
GO ME
GO TEAM

and the story is perfect what are you talking about
I mean, it does make little to no sense, people have no imagination when it comes to naming their children apparently and two Legendaries were fighting on a little hill in the middle of a little town
but other than that it's p good
Electrisa
Electrisa
Master Member
Master Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum