Hello user, SRN is now closed. Feel free to read anything you'd like, but you cannot post.
Thank you for being part of this community.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello user, SRN is now closed. Feel free to read anything you'd like, but you cannot post.
Thank you for being part of this community.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Your favourite Sonic song!

+10
DeuxExDimensia
Froshana
C.S.O.
AdrianTheZephyr
ChaoticBou
Midknight
Uncanny-Illustrator
Spekkal
Dregan
Caliburn
14 posters

Go down

Your favourite Sonic song! Empty Your favourite Sonic song!

Post by ChaoticBou Mon Nov 09, 2015 11:38 am

So hey guys. I don't know about you peeps, but I really like Sonic music. The soundtracks of Sonic are basically the thing that has brought me here. I also create music because I wanna be in Sonic Team and create music plz hire me SEGA ;n;. Anyway I wanted to ask you guys what your favourite Sonic song is.
Every song that has ever appeared in Sonic media can be used (With the border being Cinema from Benny benasi, seeing as it was the trailer song for Lost World), It can be every song! It doesn't need to be a song with lyrics! It could also just be a stage track.
FIRST COME FIRST SERVE DEAL WITH IT!
Let's say a maximum of 2 songs per person? Yeah that's okay.

OKAY THEN LET'S GO
Although my taste really changes from day to day, I've always been really fond of ROOFTOP RUN. "But wait do you mean classic or modern?" NO U SILLY PEOPLE. I choose the Day version of Rooftop Run! because that was just the first and the violin plus the guitar was a really awesome thing. Also I just wanted to say that the Night music of Sonic Unleashed has a really good feel of being in the night, while keeping it a bit on beat.

Secondly I'll just put in a Sonic Rush song, because that soundtrack was amazing! So diverse from every other sonic game, even it's own sequel! I'll pick NEW DAY. It's so fun and uplifting but it's still holding it's coolness. is that even a word?

I hope to see some great songs from you guys! And also hear your opinion on Sonic songs as a whole!

GOODBYE~
ChaoticBou
ChaoticBou
Master Member
Master Member

https://soundcloud.com/boubka-the-fox

Back to top Go down

Your favourite Sonic song! Empty Re: Your favourite Sonic song!

Post by Caliburn Mon Nov 09, 2015 11:47 am

Oh god, this is cruel. Having to rank them?!

Well, it's obvious isn't it?

This one gets the absolute top spot. The rush, the nostalgia, the situation, everything. This is by far my favourite Sonic song, and I absolutely adore how it was used and just everything about it. It belongs to my favourite Sonic game ever (and probably favourite game ever) and takes things up to a whole new level for me. A showdown in space of epic calibur to save the whole world as you know it, with the perfect song to go along with it. What could be better than that?

And rather than go for another song that's lyrics based, I'll go for my favourite level song.

Hnnngh, what can I say? This is genuinely my favourite last level in a Sonic game ever. The atmosphere is just incredible in the level, and the visuals were just amazing for the time. The massive skybox made it feel like you were genuinely just a three-man army against a massive fleet, and it's the FINAL stretch to stop Eggman. The level was also hard as hell, and let's not forget the cannon section at the end with ALL OF THOSE DAMN CANNONS AND THE GIANT EGGMAN CANNON. Like holy crap.

They don't make games like this anymore.
Caliburn
Caliburn
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Dregan Mon Nov 09, 2015 12:46 pm

Y'know what? I'm gonna start off by being absoloute trash. Yeah, that sounds like a plan.

So, first question of the day, is this a good song? Kinda objectively not, it's kinda whiny for the most part, lacks the oomph of a lot of other Sonic rock songs, and reeks of the 'look how edgy we're daring to be this time around'.
And... and I love it. Maybe it's just because I first heard it when I myself was going through something of a 'dreary rock' stage, plus it's the song I got on my first completion of Shadow, but it really has stuck with me.

Now for probably quite an unusual choice...

Sonic Generations hub music for the first boss! Normally you only really hear a small snippet of it before you go and do the actual battle. Still, it just sounds so... epic as it fades in. It's really 'Oh, I know what's coming, I know exactly what's coming, and now it sound ten times scarier than I ever imagined it being'.
Dregan
Dregan
Hero
Hero

http://barred.smackjeeves.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Spekkal Mon Nov 09, 2015 4:27 pm

Okay so I haven't seen an LP of Sonic 06 or played it, so I know little of it other than its reputation and interspecies smooching. BUT I know that music is one of its key points, and I used to listen to it constantly a few years back cause I thought it was absolutely fantastic. Sooo have one of my favourites!

AND WHO CAN FORGET LOST COLONY OF SA2? I dunno why but this song just STAYED with me. I love it. It's solemn, but builds up. I disliked the level, I remember that from my childhood cause I thought it was difficult, but I absolutely adored the music! Then again, all tracks from that game were fantastic. Green Forest, Sky Rail, Crazy Gadget (hate hate hate that level forever oh god that last section) and all Cannon's Core songs were bloody great. 10/10 would replay game again.
Spekkal
Spekkal
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Uncanny-Illustrator Fri Nov 13, 2015 1:11 pm

Like hands down, out of all the Sonic music and OSTs
It's this one

It is legit the only Sonic song that I will listen to.
Why? Because I am a huge sucker for good instrumentals and it just gives that dammed epic vibe. 'LIKE WE ARE GOING TO DO THIS HELL YEAH'.
Uncanny-Illustrator
Uncanny-Illustrator
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Midknight Fri Nov 13, 2015 2:30 pm

Honestly going to have to agree with Uncanny on this one, His World is definitely gonna be my favourite. Not only the instrumental version but particularly the Zebrahead version of this song, but that's really just because of my own music taste, and it's just got a really hype feeling to it
Midknight
Midknight
Master Member
Master Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Caliburn Fri Nov 13, 2015 2:38 pm

Damnit guys you're good with your opinions. His World is definitely one of the most epic songs. And what you said before Spekkal... hnnnnhghhh Cannon's Core and Green Forest. Damnit I love Adventure 2's soundtrack way too much.

In all seriousness though my favourite Cannon's Core theme was the Rouge/Knuckles one (Deep Inside Of is the name) because that was so tense to listen to and so like 'oh god'. That's followed VERY CLOSELY by the Sonic theme BECAUSE HYPE YOU'RE SONIC TIME TO KICK SOME ASS.

All in all the music in Sonic games is awesome. Unless you're talking about Sonic Chronicles (which even then has it's gems).
Caliburn
Caliburn
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Midknight Fri Nov 13, 2015 2:54 pm

I know the games aren't particularly liked by Sonic Fans, but I really enjoyed Sonic and the Black Knight, idk if it was the medieval setting or what but I really had fun, especially the main theme Knight Of The Wind!

Also Fight The Knight...

And especially the Final Boss theme, With Me!

Again, this all really down to my own regular taste in music, gotta love it <3
Midknight
Midknight
Master Member
Master Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Spekkal Fri Nov 13, 2015 2:58 pm

I know it wasn't a very well-received game (EVEN THOUGH I LIKED IT SO SCREW YOU GUYS), but I bloody LOVE Sonic And The Secret Rings OST. Like, I really like the songs from that and I forgot to mention it in my post, whoops.
SO SCREW YOU BURN, I'MMA GONNA POST MORE

The latter one is my favourite c:
Well that's a lie, I mean, I think the OST is really underrated generally and people need to remember that the soundtrack still exists.
Spekkal
Spekkal
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Midknight Fri Nov 13, 2015 3:08 pm

I was actually just thinking I haven't played Secret Rings at all D:
Might try and find a copy of it!
Midknight
Midknight
Master Member
Master Member

Back to top Go down

Post by ChaoticBou Fri Nov 13, 2015 3:26 pm

@Uncanny:
Of course, His world had to be stated at least once, but I'm actually more fond of the Crush 40 version. I just like how it's more raw and I love Johnny Gioeli's voice so much. (Now we only need someone liking the original version more xD)

@Midknight:
YESS. YESSSSSSSS. YOU'RE SO RIGHTTTTT.
If it weren't for Unleashed and Rush, Black knight would've been my favourite soundtrack. It's actually pretty much like Rooftop Run, having a violin and a guitar as it's main pull. The difference however is that the themes of black knight put their main focus on the violin instead of the guitar. AND I LOVE VIOLIN MUSIC. And yeah I dunno the 'medieval sound' is just amazing.

@Spekkal:
I've only played the first world of Secret Rings, then I couldn't stand it anymore, so I've never really heard the soundtrack or felt any need to listen it. However I've just listened to the songs you put on here and I've already had 'The Palace That Was Found' on my phone and I have to say, This soundtrack is amazing from what I have heard. The difference between Secret Rings and other games is that there's some vocals in some songs. Although I don't really like the Arabic kinda feeling I'm getting from it. Still an amazing soundtrack though! 8D

So I just wanna add two more, because heck Spekkal broke the rules too.
First up is 'Live Life', which I'm listening to everyday at the moment. It's a calmer version of what Crush 40 normally does and I like it when he....holds tone for a long time? I dunno how to call it. It's amazing.

Second is the night version of Chun-nan. I chose this song because of it being an amazing example how you can give someone the feeling of the night, while still keeping it upbeat and not make it sound too evil. I play night stage themes sometimes when I'm studying. Most of the time helps me alot.
ChaoticBou
ChaoticBou
Master Member
Master Member

https://soundcloud.com/boubka-the-fox

Back to top Go down

Post by AdrianTheZephyr Fri Nov 13, 2015 4:01 pm

This song has to be quite possibly, my favorite sonic song of all time. I remember back to when I first played this game and all the fun that I had with it, especially Sonic's story. As soon as I was done with the story and this song came on, I remember jumping up and down in my room dancing and playing air guitar to this. (Not exaggerating here! ^^)   This song brings back so of the wonderful nostalgia I have with this game. (Even though it's aged like cheese.)
AdrianTheZephyr
AdrianTheZephyr
Master Member
Master Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Dregan Fri Nov 13, 2015 5:21 pm

Okay, y'know what, I'm gonna throw an extra in myself. And I don't think it's one of the greater pieces of Sonic music because of how listenable it is. In fact, in most cases, people would rather not listen to it at all, despite it's short duration. In fact, in most cases probably BECAUSE of it's short duration. Cottoned on to the song yet?
I'm gonna link it here, to avoid the title/image spoiling it for those of you who are glancing over first.

The small musical arrangement is perfect in every way that it needs to be. Anyone who claims not to get nervous or anxious when listening to this song is a liar. It's the most perfect tiny piece of music for it's arrangement, and one of the best pieces of contextual music in gaming for setting any sort of tone.
Run.
Find air.
Panic.
Dregan
Dregan
Hero
Hero

http://barred.smackjeeves.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by C.S.O. Fri Nov 13, 2015 9:49 pm

Favourite song?
Two words.
Endless Possibility
Easily the greatest thing to come from Sonic Unleashed.

C.S.O.
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Uncanny-Illustrator Sat Nov 14, 2015 12:42 pm

Gonna add another one since it is another one of those that I do enjoy some extend and I feel like it is a sample of a Sonic OST that I have not seen listed yet!
City Escape - Sonic Generations
Personally just like this version better than the original ;D
Uncanny-Illustrator
Uncanny-Illustrator
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Froshana Mon Nov 16, 2015 3:36 am

So I'd looked at this topic a few times and good lord, after not listening to my own music collection for a while, I forget how many Sonic songs I really like. But while listening to some tunes today, this one started playing and it reminded me that it's still one of those that always has kind of a special place for me. -w-

I used to play 2-player with my little brother on the ol' Genesis a lot and this was one of my favorite stages and I think it was because I always liked this song as a kid. And years later, the song still sticks to me and throws in such a pleasant nostalgia. <:
Froshana
Froshana
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by DeuxExDimensia Mon Nov 16, 2015 12:25 pm

Geez, I'm not sure I can really pick a favorite. The Sonic series tends to have some really good tracks, so I'm just gonna pop some catchy ones here in no particular order. 

(I actually like Levitated Ruin a little better than Evil Foundry- but a lot of the songs in Sonic and the Secret Rings are good regardless.)

Sonic Riders also had some good tracks though not all of them are great. (1:50 is great here though. It's the only reason I made note of this particular track lol)
DeuxExDimensia
DeuxExDimensia
Master Member
Master Member

Back to top Go down

Post by spark tb Mon Nov 16, 2015 2:21 pm

Well shoot, I find myself in the situation where most of my favourite songs have been listed.

I have to confess, I haven't actually played a sonic game in a long time, so theres a lot of songs I've probably forgotten about that have slipped my mind, but one that will always stick with me is....

I don't know why, but I've just always loved it. I know a lot of people prefer the original version to the crush 40 one, but what can I say?

Also I remember being a MASSIVE sucker for the entire shadow the hedgehog soundtrack. Heck, I remember being a massive sucker for the game in general.

I remember one I was an ABSOLUTE fan of was:
spark tb
spark tb
Expert Member
Expert Member

Back to top Go down

Post by TwinkleCharm Mon Nov 23, 2015 11:37 pm

WAAAAAAAH!! THIS IS SO HARD!! Sonic games have some of the best music ever, I love so many OSTs!! Ummm, I guess if I really had to pick LOL I think this song is my Number One~♪

I remember when I was little, I only played this game just to hear the music, especially this one! It's just soooo sweet~!♥

TwinkleCharm

Back to top Go down

Post by spark tb Thu Jan 28, 2016 12:34 pm

Ok, so a friend of mine linked me to a piece of sonic music I'd NEVER heard before, and it's quickly jumped up to being like, my favourite Sonic song ever?

Like seriously check this out

Warning, may be loud based off your soundcloud settings!
spark tb
spark tb
Expert Member
Expert Member

Back to top Go down

Post by The Red Blur Wed Jul 27, 2016 11:26 am

Okay, I'm just gonna say this now. I know it's breaking the two song limit, but...

THE ENTIRE OST(s?) FOR THE STORYBOOK GAMES IS AWESOME
The Red Blur
The Red Blur
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 11, 2016 7:43 am

Okay... Somebody's gotta put Unknown From M.E. on here, and it might as well be me. The SA1 ORIGINAL! Not the SA2 Remix. 
 In fact, I find the character themes in SA2, compared to SA1, to be lackluster. The only REALLY good character theme in SA2 was Eggman's theme. 
Call them Cheesy if you want but... Holy crap! For a Blue Hedgehog and Red Echidna, these themes are amazing.

Back to top Go down

Post by Caliburn Thu Aug 11, 2016 1:57 pm

I have unstoppable nostalgia for SA1's soundtrack. I really find them... more iconic? I dunno. SA1's It Doesn't Matter just sounds so awesome to me, and honestly every time I hear it I get nostalgia trips and flashbacks to when I was a kid clearing the game for the first time.

I absolutely adore the start of this theme, it just kicks in so awesomely and screams "Tails" to me. His SA2 theme is amazing too, but again, I suppose I just have a nostalgia bias to SA1's.

Though I'm inclined to disagree that ALL of the SA2 themes were lackluster compared to the originals. I think Eggman's theme in SA2 was far superior to SA1's. But that's just me.

Back when Sonic had iconic themes that played for their characters. May have been a little cheesy, but I absolutely loved it. It was a glorious time for Sonic, when they took things seriously and tried to portray them all as awesome and cool.

Though I can say one of my favourite themes ever was this.

The first time I actually battled this team, I was dragging it out purposely, because holy god I love this loop. x_X;

I think this is my most played team battle, solely because of the theme and the way it just... works. The guitar is just too strong.
Caliburn
Caliburn
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Codename-Jack Wed Dec 28, 2016 2:54 am

My favorites have been said already so I'm going to push some underrated tracks.

I really liked the Biolizard theme from SA2, it's spaced out yet smooth. It didn't quite fit the bossfight well but on its own it's a killer track. 

Also Final Chase. I am aware that it's an acquired taste but I feel like it really fit the level. So much so that every time I boot up SA2 that's the first level I play.
Codename-Jack
Codename-Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down