Hello user, SRN is now closed. Feel free to read anything you'd like, but you cannot post.
Thank you for being part of this community.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello user, SRN is now closed. Feel free to read anything you'd like, but you cannot post.
Thank you for being part of this community.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Everything Wrong With Sonic Adventure 1 & 2

+2
WerehogLover18
ILS
6 posters

Go down

Everything Wrong With Sonic Adventure 1 & 2 Empty Everything Wrong With Sonic Adventure 1 & 2

Post by ILS Thu Jun 11, 2015 7:55 pm

Sonic Adventure and Sonic Adventure 2 are both very great games. But everything great has flaws. Here is what I hate about Sonic Adventures.
-= Things That Make Me Cringe In Sonic Adventure =-

1. Is it me or did Sonic run too slow in this game?

2. The creepy human models gave me the heebie jeebies.

3. Amy Rose reminded me of Mario. I came to play Sonic. (Nothing wrong with Mario, mind you.)

4. I think that Super Sonic was way way WAAAAAY to OP.

5. Sonic: Easy Tails: Easy Knuckles: Hard But Fun Amy: Really Frustratingly Slow and Hard Robot whose name I can't remember: Easy Big The Cat: We shall not speak his name. But as you can see, way to easy.

-= Things That Make Me Cringe In Sonic Adventure 2 =-

1. Not enough Sonic/Shadow levels even though they were obviously the most important characters.

2. Tails and Eggman are way to clunky in their mech's.

3. Am I the only one creeped out by Eggman out of his mech in Chao World?

4. Continuing on Number 3, I really think he is the fastest character.

5. Rouge The Bat.

What do you hate about these games?
ILS
ILS
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Back to top Go down

Everything Wrong With Sonic Adventure 1 & 2 Empty Re: Everything Wrong With Sonic Adventure 1 & 2

Post by Guest Fri Jun 12, 2015 12:48 am

Adventure 1:

1. Awkward controls
2. Horrible Animations
3. Mediocre Voice Acting
4. Amy
5. Big

Adventure 2

1. Tails & Eggman Stages
2. Knuckles & Rouge Stages
3. Shadow as a character.
4. Terrible story.
5. Terrible Script.
6. Weird Audio Layering

Back to top Go down

Everything Wrong With Sonic Adventure 1 & 2 Empty Re: Everything Wrong With Sonic Adventure 1 & 2

Post by WerehogLover18 Fri Jun 12, 2015 12:59 am

Always the popular games that have these...
WerehogLover18
WerehogLover18

Back to top Go down

Post by Insanitorium9 Mon Jun 15, 2015 8:03 am

Projared on YouTube, talks about how much sonic adventure 2 sucks, and rates it apparently lucky charms out of ten? Ya I don't know watch the vid on YouTube.
Insanitorium9
Insanitorium9

Back to top Go down

Post by ILS Wed Jun 24, 2015 6:22 pm

Sonic Adventure 2.

6. "NYOSH! NYOSH! NYOSH!"
ILS
ILS
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Caliburn Thu Jun 25, 2015 7:46 am

I almost consider this type of topic bait because I'm a mad adventure fan.

Yes, the games do have flaws. But half of them listed are down to how you play and your own personal opinion. How on Earth is Rouge the Bat a flaw in SA2? How are the controls awkward? How do the script and story suck? Also Super Sonic is the god of the Sonic Universe, in Adventure I consider him underpowered. How is he OP? Also the humans in Adventure are fine. At least they aren't Pixar models with giant noses.

Others are obvious. Voice acting is iffy because first time doing the voices of the characters and bad direction. Animations are clunky and odd because guess what? The game is old. Base it off how it was at the time and I think you'll find the majority of your flaws are invalid.

I get that the game isn't perfect, but if you're going to start a topic like this actually give valid points that won't just attract raging fanboys like me but to a more extreme level.
Caliburn
Caliburn
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 25, 2015 7:26 pm

Burning-Fox wrote: The game is old. Base it off how it was at the time and I think you'll find the majority of your flaws are invalid.

The flaws are still very valid as the game has GREW old due to said flaws. Where as games without said flaws become timeless. For example. A game like Zelda: Wind Waker, although it got an HD upgrade, the original still looks beautiful and like something that would be released today. Its animation is smooth and original with a unique art style. The adventure games use a very generic style with under-detailed models that were capable of making on the Dream cast. If they wanted the game to look good for years, they only had to do what they did with Jet Set Radio, which is a game that looks amazing to this day.

There is NO excuse for terrible voice acting, if they had worried about new actors they should've hired people with more experience.

The stories(Mostly SA2) are a clusterfuck with no real direction that just make me cringe hard.

For every character EXCEPT Sonic and Shadow the controls are clunky, Knuckles and Rouge move way too fast for the areas surrounding them and will cause you to spend half your time adjusting the camera angles. Eggman and Tails control like a tank on crack, which just isn't fun, plus holding down B for the whole stage becomes annoying. The characters are boring and incredibly dim witted throughout the whole story.

These aren't personal preferences, these are real flaws that effect the experience of the game, if they're weren't glaring flaws, this topic or the responses wouldn't exist.

Take this from someone who put the time in to get EVERY A RANK, on EVERY mission, who knows all the intricaties of the game.

........ Chao Garden is gud tho 10/10

Back to top Go down

Post by Spekkal Mon Nov 09, 2015 10:36 pm

Okay but I want to bring up one thing here which MADE ME VERY ANGRY when I was a child AND STILL DOES, OKAY. So remember SA2B, with the Egg Golem fight? And you were as Sonic. I don't know about anyone else, but I remember hat boss fight being so horribly frustrating. It was an easy boss, but for some reason, the controls seemed to be wired all wrong, and Sonic would homing attack when he shouldn't, and climbing up the back of the damned thing took forever. That was a half-hour to hour fight for me, purely because of how absolutely AWFUL Sonic was to control FOR THAT PARTICULAR FIGHT.
Spekkal
Spekkal
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Caliburn Mon Nov 09, 2015 11:59 pm

The Egg Golem was fine for me, honestly! I don't know how you had so much trouble. The biggest difficulty I had was the Biolizard, even then not much, and that's supposedly the hardest bossfight in all of Sonic history by some people.

I still don't see why people hate the story of the game either, I mean really? I don't see any explinations. It's just "THIS IS BAD. IT'S A CLUSTERFUCK." But... in my eyes it transitions perfectly fine and you can follow it better than whatever Colors' story was?

Oh, and the game. It actually adds up to something.
Caliburn
Caliburn
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Codename-Jack Wed Dec 28, 2016 3:26 am

Issues with 1

1.) The faces.
2.) Big's level bored me
3.) Chaos' final form was boring... it looked and sounded way past cool but that's about it.
4.) Some of the bosses played out clunky

Maybe it's just me but the voice acting didn't bug me. It's a Sonic game. What do you expect? Maybe it's because I love things with meme value.

Issues with 2

1.) The faces
2.) Eggman... because if I didn't have that much fun playing tails... why in the HELL would I want to play Eggman
3.) Rouge's "I can't." I guess you could say "I can't" stomach it.
4.) Not enough speed levels.
Codename-Jack
Codename-Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down