Hello user, SRN is now closed. Feel free to read anything you'd like, but you cannot post.
Thank you for being part of this community.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello user, SRN is now closed. Feel free to read anything you'd like, but you cannot post.
Thank you for being part of this community.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Hunting Party

3 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

The Hunting Party - Page 2 Empty Re: The Hunting Party

Post by PersimmonAutumn Mon May 11, 2015 5:18 pm

Truth be told, the wolf was surprised at the vulture's sudden harshness towards her. Ears pressed against her head, she began to place the photo back down and eyed him. What was his problem? She was just trying to help. But a big part of her figured he must've misunderstood what she meant. 

Amber may be a skilled assassin and parkour athlete, but she did not master the art of communication in the very least. What she attempted to say was by solving whatever it is that kept the ghost here, it would solve the old crone's problems. Ghosts couldn't be interrogated. She wasn't a priestess or excorsist. She didn't know anything about spirit communication. But she did know that ghosts wander the earth due to unsolved business. And so she would solve it.

But with her own way, whether the vulture liked it or not.
PersimmonAutumn
PersimmonAutumn

Back to top Go down

Post by AdrianTheZephyr Mon May 18, 2015 1:10 pm

(sooooooooo sorry for the super late post! Dx)

Adrian had nodded with conformation towards the vulture.

"So it's settled then. We pretty much all have some kind of idea of what we're dealing with here. So as you said, this thing only comes out at night as far as you know. So we will wait until then and figure out what to do from there." Adrian then turns to Amber. "You seem to be quite skilled in this sort of thing. Maybe you can provide a perfect strategy for this." He then turned back to the vulture. "And we will count on you with checking the cameras for wherever this thing may be." 

(Again, really sorry for the late post)
AdrianTheZephyr
AdrianTheZephyr
Master Member
Master Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimson Skies Mon May 18, 2015 9:23 pm

(It's okay)

The vulture nodded. "I don't have the best equipment, but what I do have is a radio. If either of you has something that picks up radio signals, I'll be transmitting through channel 8." With that said, the vulture walked into the security room, flexed his arms and sat on his soft, leather chair.

The hedgehog seemed like a fine, trustable fellow, but her... There was just something off about her that made him very uncomfortable. Was it the way she looked or the way she acted? He couldn't put his claw on it.

He was more than certain she would bring him whatever remained of the thing after battling with it relentlessly and still demand full pay. However, he was hoping that that wouldn't happen. Though not wanting to say it, he put a lot of faith into the hedgehog, even going as far as to believe that in the event of this 'entity' being in a life-threatening situation, he would step in and 'secure' it for questioning.

But those were just thoughs, pointless thoughs. After all, it was still a good five or six hours 'til the night and worrying about things one can't change ain't good for anyone. Afterwars, the vulture began testing the transmission by repeatedly saying "Testing, testing. Hello, can you hear me?"
Crimson Skies
Crimson Skies
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by PersimmonAutumn Tue May 19, 2015 3:59 am

Amber never really liked old geezers. They're terrible to negotiate with and stubborn as a mule. They never really like 'new' ways, it's their way or not at all. Well, Amber is somewhat that way, she admits, but ghosts weren't people. You can't touch them, let alone fight them, and she isn't the most religious person on the planet, but she knows enough about traps and steak-outs that her way might just work better. This is an investigation after all.

However, she isn't exactly equipped with the proper tools, but the raw materials might be laying about for free use. Everything Adrian and the vulture uttered slipped past her because she was too deep in thought. The wolf got up, and instead headed for the door.

It's time for... A scrapyard raid.
PersimmonAutumn
PersimmonAutumn

Back to top Go down

Post by AdrianTheZephyr Mon May 25, 2015 2:03 pm

Adrian had looked around the room, patiently waiting for nighttime to come around. While he was waiting he began to ponder thoughts once again, more specifically, the mission at hand. He had casually paced back and forward a bit until he had heard the vulture's voice being transmitted through the radio. "Loud and clear." He said silently. On another note, he looked over and notice Amber heading out towards the door, who looked like she had a plan of some sort. With curiosity striking his mind, he had follow her afterwards to see what she had came up with. With that being said, he couldn't help but feel a bit of internal tension between Amber and the vulture. He had decided not to act on this suspension yet, but was worried about the possibility of it affecting the mission.
AdrianTheZephyr
AdrianTheZephyr
Master Member
Master Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimson Skies Mon May 25, 2015 9:17 pm

"Ah, glad to hear that," let out the vulture. "If you plan on investigating the area instead of lollygaging about in the main building, one of the three shacks should be just nearby." The vulture then turned of the radio, which produced a short static. 

The evening sun coloured the junk in a lovely shade of orange and brown. It was clear that in a few ours, it would disappear and make way for the night, so the time they had was rather limited. That is, if they decide to investigate.

Just outside the building was a large pile of junk and right next to it, a dull, gray shack stood. Windowless, it stood there as if watching over the main building with it's ever watchful presence. It appeared to be made from various pieces of metal plates welded togteher, but it wasn't the work of a proffesional, as it had holes in it. To top it all, the door wasn't even closed. It was at the precise point of letting a bit of sunlight in, whilst still keeping the whole shack dark inside.

Would ladies first even apply to something potentially dangerous as a supposedly empty building? Only one way to find out. Hopefully, what's inside will be worth it and put them on the right track.
Crimson Skies
Crimson Skies
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by PersimmonAutumn Wed May 27, 2015 4:22 pm

The wolf stood before a pile of junk much larger than herself. She stared it down with an expression of pride, disgust, and unwillingness which, in hindsight, was a terrible blend put together. Inhaling a deep breath, she did the craziest thing one could imagine; she literally dove in. Now she might be a neat freak, and is absolutely intolerable of messes, but on jobs, it was one of those things that she can push to the back of her mind and say that she'll take care of it later. And this was one of those moments. 

All she could describe of the sensation was the sound of clanging metal and smell of rot and rust. But not even the slightest cough or gag left her. She was all too used to the smell of blood and decay. It was as if her stomach had adapted to seal in any disgust during jobs. And this was a job. Her hands shuffled around for all those loud clanging pans and metals. Oh, a wire coil. Some flour too. These will do fine. 

She began moving up and out, eventually popping her head through the top of the pile. From the she spots the shack, the first one the ghost always visits. This will do just fine indeed.
PersimmonAutumn
PersimmonAutumn

Back to top Go down

Post by AdrianTheZephyr Tue Jun 02, 2015 1:45 pm

After another transmission from the vulture, Adrian had began to look around for a short moment and soon afterwards had spotted the shack that he had mentioned . The hedgehog then had began to move towards the shack. He began to move past the huge pile of junk, which he had heard a lot of clanging from the metals deep within the junk ringing through his ears.

After moving a bit further, Adrian had finally found himself standing a few feet from the shack. In his observation, it was just the way he had expected it to be; windowless, metal, and filled with holes, but I guess you can't expect much from a shack right? Nevertheless, this was the one that was closer.
AdrianTheZephyr
AdrianTheZephyr
Master Member
Master Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimson Skies Thu Jun 04, 2015 7:29 pm

After an ever so slight gust of wind, the doors swung open, revealing a small, relatively unlit room. The only thing lit up, as far as one could see, was a typewriter. Sitting in front of the typewriter was a small stack of papers. It sat on a dirty wooden desk, with a chair in a similiar condition just in front of it. The light, a small lightbulb suspended in mid-air by some wires just above the typewriter, shone very dimly. On occassion, the light would even become brighter for a few brief moments. 

One could probably expect one or two lights, probably a makeshift bed, but a typewriter? For what purpose? Is the ghost that keen on keepng track of its memories? Perhaps one or both of them should go in and investigate. Maybe it'll answer some questions instead of raising new ones.
Crimson Skies
Crimson Skies
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by PersimmonAutumn Fri Jun 05, 2015 4:10 pm

She tactfully bags everything scavenged and gathered in an efficient, organized manner. Her body soon emerges entirely from the junk pile, and she walks swiftly to Adrian's side. Her expression is adamant, eyes focused yet collected at the same time. The sack she'd conveniently found and used was slung over her shoulder, but her body language remained nonchalant as she gazed at the room inside. 

The stack of papers immediately catch her eye. Who would've left them there? More importantly, why hadn't anyone picked them up and put them away? Were they new? What was on them? Amber stepped into the shack without sparing a glance to Adrian. Except a side-glance. She is careful not to soil or step on anything, and she looms over the stack with urgency. What could be on them?
PersimmonAutumn
PersimmonAutumn

Back to top Go down

Post by AdrianTheZephyr Fri Jun 19, 2015 4:48 pm

Adrian's eyes had observed as much of the shack as was possible. It wasn't until a few moments later that his eyes loomed over a typewriter. Not only that, but there was also a stack of papers sitting right in front of it that caught his attention as well. This is one of the last things he would've expected from this supposed creature lurking here. He then took a few careful steps towards the typewriter for a quick observation. Because of the amount of dust here, It's unlikely that this had been recently used. He then turned his attention to the stack of papers. His curiosity rose as he wondered what was written on them.
AdrianTheZephyr
AdrianTheZephyr
Master Member
Master Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimson Skies Wed Jun 24, 2015 10:16 pm

Text could be made out, but for whatever reason, was unusually tiny, as if the creature deliberately tried to use as little ink as possible. Only the bottom text of the paper could be read from such a distance, as it was in huge, bold letters. That being said, the text simply read 'Day 77' .

Should Adrian want to know what the entirety of the paper actually said, he'd have to get closer and pick it up.

As for the shack itself, it contained various oddities that made it look more like a tool shack and less like a home or hiding place. The right side consisted of many neatly stacked boxes, uncreatively labeled 'spares' with either a thick sharpie or a thin paintbrush. While most of the boxes were closed, some were not. The ones that were opened had all sorts of scrap electronics sticking out of them, ranging from LED lights to rusty screws.

The left side was no better. It had a crude, metallic table, with a welding torch and various other tools. Oddly enough, a camera was also sitting on the table with a rather uncanny similiarity to the ones used within the junkyard. Last but not least, above the table hung shapes of metal vaguely resembling faces.

"Uhm, I think something's wrong with the cameras," transmitted the vulture. "If you guys went near or inside any of the shacks, I couldn't see you. Be careful." Afterwards, the radio turned to silence.

Suddenly, the door behind him opened with a creaking sound and was followed by the two heavy footsteps. To make matters worse, Autumn was gone without a trace, despite also going inside the house.

Last edited by Relative Degree on Mon Jul 06, 2015 7:36 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Some small changes)
Crimson Skies
Crimson Skies
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by PersimmonAutumn Fri Jul 03, 2015 4:18 pm

(Um, due to my inactivity and me holding up roleplay (my notifications aren't working, regrettably) it would be better if you guys just go on without me...)
PersimmonAutumn
PersimmonAutumn

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimson Skies Fri Jul 03, 2015 6:03 pm

(Nonsense, I don't leave people behind. Or at least, I try not to. I don't know about Adrian, but I'll wait)
Crimson Skies
Crimson Skies
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by PersimmonAutumn Sat Jul 04, 2015 8:54 am

(No, really, just go on without me. I'm seriously slowing this rp down and it's frustrating because my notifs don't work properly)
PersimmonAutumn
PersimmonAutumn

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimson Skies Sat Jul 04, 2015 7:38 pm

(Well, if that's your final decision, I won't try to change it. I was hoping you'd stay 'till the end like last time, though.  Nevertheless, I'm glad you were here and I'm looking forward to another RP with you on board  Smile )

(I'll write off your character with a sudden disappearance, if that's okay.)
Crimson Skies
Crimson Skies
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by PersimmonAutumn Mon Jul 06, 2015 12:10 am

(Again, I'm very sorry. Also, character disappearance will be fine)
PersimmonAutumn
PersimmonAutumn

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2