Hello user, SRN is now closed. Feel free to read anything you'd like, but you cannot post.
Thank you for being part of this community.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello user, SRN is now closed. Feel free to read anything you'd like, but you cannot post.
Thank you for being part of this community.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[poll] How About A Few Art Contests?

+4
Spekkal
Dregan
ChaoticBou
Magicphobic
8 posters

Go down

Would you like to have a monthly art contest?

[poll] How About A Few Art Contests? GDMEGbg94%[poll] How About A Few Art Contests? 0lNb1KJ 94% 
[ 15 ]
[poll] How About A Few Art Contests? GDMEGbg6%[poll] How About A Few Art Contests? 0lNb1KJ 6% 
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 16

Poll closed

[poll] How About A Few Art Contests? Empty [poll] How About A Few Art Contests?

Post by Magicphobic Mon Mar 09, 2015 3:57 am

I was thinking about the site hosting an art contest once a month or something? Just a themed fanart contest and the winner would just get bragging rights or something silly as its all for good fun and you can have like junior artist vs advanced artist pools to make things fair. 

Maybe the site could provide a small title or badge or something to show youve won in like first second or third place. If not I could easily make one which you can host in your tag line. That being said if the staff wants to implement these contests I'll be more then willing to host and organize them if needed! 

Leave your  thoughts below in the poll please!
Magicphobic
Magicphobic

http://magicphobic.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

[poll] How About A Few Art Contests? Empty Re: [poll] How About A Few Art Contests?

Post by Uncanny-Illustrator Sat Mar 21, 2015 11:04 am

Personally quite like the idea
Though I doubt we'd give badges as it would clog up quite quickly XD
But we will surely look into this and maybe make it a thing!
Uncanny-Illustrator
Uncanny-Illustrator
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

[poll] How About A Few Art Contests? Empty Re: [poll] How About A Few Art Contests?

Post by Guest Sat Mar 21, 2015 11:29 pm

The whole Junior vs Advanced thing actually sounds fun.

Maybe if there was a theme every month and people with NO artistic talent (Such as me) draws something up in comparison to actual artist. Dunno, just seems like it'd be pretty funny!

Back to top Go down

Post by ChaoticBou Sun Mar 22, 2015 12:05 pm

AHAHAH! I can try I guess. The only problem is, I'm not always in the mood. So it depends on when the contest is.
ChaoticBou
ChaoticBou
Master Member
Master Member

https://soundcloud.com/boubka-the-fox

Back to top Go down

Post by Dregan Mon Nov 16, 2015 5:02 pm

I'm just gonna drop a reminder of this. Looking back, it seemed a pretty popular idea at the time, might be something worth considering moving forward.
Dregan
Dregan
Hero
Hero

http://barred.smackjeeves.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Spekkal Mon Nov 16, 2015 5:10 pm

I'd love to do something like this! It's just the whole 'setting up' thing which would be a real pain, and finding out who'd be interested.
Spekkal
Spekkal
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Uncanny-Illustrator Mon Nov 16, 2015 5:31 pm

As before I still like the idea and believe this should be a thing so PEOPLE
HOW DO YOU THINK WE COULD DO THIS?
As well as what could the rewards be?
Uncanny-Illustrator
Uncanny-Illustrator
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Caliburn Mon Nov 16, 2015 11:34 pm

Aaghgfhguefhueh art contests sound cool but I'm like terrible with deadlines.

UHHHHH...

I like the idea a lot and maybe it could just be a small thing that's done and like you get respect or whatever I don't know who cares about a prize it's for fun damnit
Caliburn
Caliburn
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Midknight Tue Nov 17, 2015 3:44 pm

Maybe the winners could get a badge on their profile? Similar to taking part in the events the winners and runners up could get a badge of sorts?

Edit: Yeah I'd be interested in this definitely! Would be a good kick of motivation and practice~
Midknight
Midknight
Master Member
Master Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Uncanny-Illustrator Tue Nov 17, 2015 3:58 pm

@Mid
Uncanny-Illustrator wrote:Though I doubt we'd give badges as it would clog up quite quickly XD
Mostly since the event Badges already clog it up quite a bit on their own <<....>>...
Uncanny-Illustrator
Uncanny-Illustrator
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Midknight Tue Nov 17, 2015 4:00 pm

Oh gosh, sorry! Never saw that D: Maybe something could be made to be put into a person's signature? Like a badge but..idk..not a badge? xD I'm not sure honestly, quite a tough one
Midknight
Midknight
Master Member
Master Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Uncanny-Illustrator Tue Nov 17, 2015 4:01 pm

Exactly XD;;;
It's a tricky thing but I am sure that in the end we will figure out something!
Uncanny-Illustrator
Uncanny-Illustrator
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Galaxy The Wolf Fri Nov 27, 2015 4:46 pm

That sounds cool! Lots of people here have artistic ideas they might wanna share (if I ever get any better I might post some XD) I vote yes Smile
Galaxy The Wolf
Galaxy The Wolf

http://spiderfiles.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Uncanny-Illustrator Sun Nov 29, 2015 12:05 pm

I actually figured a possible reward!
There is a possibility to create a widget for the forum's sidebar where we could feature the winner's art for the entire time till a new contest is held!
Uncanny-Illustrator
Uncanny-Illustrator
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Midknight Sun Nov 29, 2015 8:25 pm

That's actually a really nifty idea! I'd totally dig that it if it were to happen!~
Midknight
Midknight
Master Member
Master Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Uncanny-Illustrator Sat Dec 05, 2015 8:46 am

Bluck it, since that is the best way to go about it, I think we have reached a clear end ;D
Expect art contests next year~
Uncanny-Illustrator
Uncanny-Illustrator
Hero
Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum